Tomahawk's SUPERcharged Log to 725

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh I love box squats! I miss them - I am sad I decided to start doing front squats :happysad: But when I hit 410 on front squats like on box squats I'll be a happy man :mischievous:
a 410 front squat at 6'2 would be major :surprised:

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh I love box squats! I miss them - I am sad I decided to start doing front squats :happysad: But when I hit 410 on front squats like on box squats I'll be a happy man :mischievous:
Dang 410 on front squats is some sick goal.

A 410 front squat will be quite a feat!
a 410 front squat at 6'2 would be major :surprised:
It sure would ;)

//CC
When u get this I expect a video :147:

Thanks for showing up bezoe good to have u here.

Just got home a little bit ago from the gym. Didnt really do all that much. Just box squats, seated leg curls, and donkey calf raise.

Oh ya tested out the next way I plan on gripping the bar on deadlifts.

This guy I have seen around before who Im no fan of at all was doing deadlifts with 405. Was using straps and making all kinds of noise. I mean louder than me than when I max dropping it from the top when he is done. A real piece of work. This was on the regular floor too. He is that stereotypical ego bb from what I can tell. Basically the kind of guy(notice I didnt say man) I NEVER want to be.

So after he is done I walk over and try out my new grip cold. Not sure if it is going to hold up. Might have to do some more talking to the older PL about how Im supposed to hold it. Was all kinds of hell on my fingers.

Box squats with a somewhat high box:
420 for 10 reps
470 for 8 reps (supposed to be like a 580 max lol)
510 for 3 reps (540 max, most weight I have done in a while)
Felt great to do these. Really started to get the hang of them.

pilip99

pilip99

Awards
  • Established
Tom! what grip were u trying out bro?

since u said it's hell on your fingers, I can only imagine you talking about the infamous hook grip haha

that **** works strong as hell, but hurts like hell too haha

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
oh no man....... not your hands.......

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tom! what grip were u trying out bro?

since u said it's hell on your fingers, I can only imagine you talking about the infamous hook grip haha

that **** works strong as hell, but hurts like hell too haha
Basically Im just letting the bar hang more instead of trying to keep it high and tight in my hands. I would try to literally squeeze the life out of the bar but it would roll down anyway. When it did it would just rip and tear my hands.

You can count on that bruther ;)

//CC
Cant wait that is some serious weight on front squats.

oh no man....... not your hands.......
Haha my hands have been fucked up forever. I dont think they have helped with the ladies lol. No real progress with Heidi #2 ehhh figures.

Had some serious back pumps while doing box squats last night.

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established
Yeah cause I really read his logs for the lifting. In reality, I need to catch up on his situation with the ladies.
:lol:

Something about pickle juice and hands....that's all I got to say about said situation....

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ugh... I am so behind on this log right now.
Get to work :spank:

He's had hell with his hands.....the logs on hold almost :)

Still a good read and I'm hoping to see him hit 725.
I hope 725 is a go but we shall see.

Yeah cause I really read his logs for the lifting. In reality, I need to catch up on his situation with the ladies.
Haha that isnt much to catch up on in this log. Honestly havent really mentioned any. A few decent looking girls in my classes. And I dont plan on spilling the beans about this other chick in fears of jynxing myself. Although it doesnt appear to be likely to happen anyway.

:lol:

Something about pickle juice and hands....that's all I got to say about said situation....
Haha Im going to try and avoid the picke juice unless it is necessary.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Good catching up with you ....as for mini me..( so funny)...let it happen :) Hope the hands are better...

Barfie

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Will post about my workout later need to read for class tonight.

Here is a video of a fight. Kevin is a guy I went to school with way back.
This is an amature tournment with the finals being a pro debut.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Will post about my workout later need to read for class tonight.

Here is a video of a fight. Kevin is a guy I went to school with way back.
This is an amature tournment with the finals being a pro debut.
Nice :147:

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wowza :32:

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good Lord...

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So uh random thought... Thinking about trying to rock a mullet for a week lol.

So my workout Monday was (at 230, +13 pounds in 19 days)

back extensions with wide lat pull downs
t-bar rows on machine didnt like it kept being pulled forward
pull ups so much harder with 13 pounds lol
Good mornings highest set was 300 for 6. Honestly I only spotted because I thought I was going to shit myself. It was like a m-80 was coming out of my ass.

Didnt lift today because I had to give a speech tonight. Ended up with a 85+5(got picked by the class as best speaker) not too thrilled about it but on to the next one I guess.

Will make up for it by lifting tomorrow some time. Not sure if between classes or after my night class. Chest should be fun. Doing 5/3/1 again with 335 as my max.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
13 lbs is pretty good for under 3 weeks. How has strength been for on SD?

reecew

Awards
  • Established
Tom so how did that 5/3/1 go on chest last week? Obviously if your doing it again im going to say you liked it? It completely destroys me every time i love it!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh yes, I can see that :D

:toofunny:

//CC
Haha just the truth man.

13 lbs is pretty good for under 3 weeks. How has strength been for on SD?
Strength has been pretty good. Def up but I havent lifted anything to make people go "Tom wtf is up!? What r u on!?" Like I want to.

Tom so how did that 5/3/1 go on chest last week? Obviously if your doing it again im going to say you liked it? It completely destroys me every time i love it!
Last week was good. Liked how it felt on bench. Going to add 10 pounds to my "max" and see how that goes.

reecew

Awards
  • Established
There we go getting ballsy adding weight i like it! Im not sure about adding weight yet well see how i feel today got chest as well. I added 5 lbs to my max last week got all the working sets until it came to the single rep then i got stuck half way up i was already so dead! So i may stick to that weight and if anything hit the single rep multiple times if i can even get it. I hope i can... if i cant then that means no strength increase in 9 days of SD/HD....eeeek!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There we go getting ballsy adding weight i like it! Im not sure about adding weight yet well see how i feel today got chest as well. I added 5 lbs to my max last week got all the working sets until it came to the single rep then i got stuck half way up i was already so dead! So i may stick to that weight and if anything hit the single rep multiple times if i can even get it. I hope i can... if i cant then that means no strength increase in 9 days of SD/HD....eeeek!
Dont be a bish :drillsergeant:. Just add weight and if it doesnt go up well that is why u have a spotter :lol: Hopefully there will be someone worth a damn to spot me tonight after class.

reecew

Awards
  • Established
Dont be a bish :drillsergeant:. Just add weight and if it doesnt go up well that is why u have a spotter :lol: Hopefully there will be someone worth a damn to spot me tonight after class.
EPIC failure brother...im weaker than last week. Todays was day 10 for me no strength increase's what so ever im about to pull the plug no need to put my body through this crap if its not going to work towards my goals. Yea man hopefully you got a spotter, kill it tonight make up for my failure! lol

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
EPIC failure brother...im weaker than last week. Todays was day 10 for me no strength increase's what so ever im about to pull the plug no need to put my body through this crap if its not going to work towards my goals. Yea man hopefully you got a spotter, kill it tonight make up for my failure! lol
Dang sorry to hear bro. I hope u dont give up and it becomes worth it. I was starting to wonder about my experience too. Seems like I do best when Im lifting with someone who is so far and above me strength wise I have no choice but to jump up in weights.

Ok just want to smile a bit because I just got 1 bottle of my PhytoSerms-347
http://store.anabolicminds.com/product/ruthless-supplements/phytoserms-347-60-capsules.html

Will be part of my PCT. Also trying out the Skelly Balm.

Damn its a good thing Im not on clomid right now. Just got off the phone with my childhood brother from another mother. Havent seen him in over a year or talked to him. Hoping he has gotten everything all straightened out. Was in a detention like center for drugs. Last time I saw him he was so skinny especially considering how great of an athlete he was growing up. Hopefully I can get him to start working out with me or something and I can get my friend back. Dont have too many of those in this town.

reecew

Awards
  • Established
HAHA clomid makes me emotional too lol. How did your chest day go man???

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Let's hope everything turns out to the best :thumbsup:

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
HAHA clomid makes me emotional too lol. How did your chest day go man???
Just got home from the gym.

:) Hows heidi #2????
Haha Im letting that work itself out. Never understand y people say they r going to do something when they know they wont in the first place. Not going to try that anymore.

Let's hope everything turns out to the best :thumbsup:
Thanks bud. I feel bad knowing I didnt help him out of that situation. But he was in some shit. Honestly Im lucky I didnt get dragged into it too. Had a bad habit of being a follower in my youth.

But on to the fun stuff today. Chest went great.

Bench used 345 as my "max" today:
275 for 3, 295 for 3, 310 for 5! Today's goal was get 3 reps with 310 but get as many as possible. Was hoping to get 3 maybe 4. Last week after doing way more work than I was supposed to I got 310 for 1. Didnt even try for more even though I think it was possible.

Viking press:
5 sets of 10 upping the weight by 10 on each side each set started with 2 plates each side

Pec Deck:
7 sets of 10 with 100. 10 deep breathes between sets. Just went until I couldnt get 10 reps anymore.

Left the gym so damn pumped. If I was testing this I could def say "there is def something hormonal in here" lol.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
To give an even better idea of strength improvement. 315 felt heavy a few weeks ago. As in like it was my max.

Just used a 1 rep max calculator and it says. 310 for 5 is equal to a 350 max.

2k1s

2k1s

Awards
  • Established
nice gains.

random side note, I saw Hidetada Yamagishi at my local nutrition shop last night. He was huge as hell for an asian dude.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
nice gains.

random side note, I saw Hidetada Yamagishi at my local nutrition shop last night. He was huge as hell for an asian dude.
Oh sweet. Was he cut up or bulky/watery?

2k1s

2k1s

Awards
  • Established
He was looking on the leaner side. His traps were ridiculous. Naturally had a gold's gym tee shirt on.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, i can barf on someone for you, still a ongoing problem and i dont see the doc till 3/4......down26 pds....:( i miss food

reecew

Awards
  • Established
Dude all asians have ridiculous traps. Its a given man wtf is up with that im jealous...i kill my traps all sorts of ways and still im flat trapped!

Tom i went to the doc today because ive had a fever the past few days and i got the flu! Nothing i can do for that so thats undoubtedly why i have been feeling like death lately. He said its about 7days along so it should be over anyday now. How the hell can they tell this crap by shoving a q-tip up my nose lol.

2k1s

2k1s

Awards
  • Established
lol is that an asian thing? I have decent traps but I work on them quite a lot.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude all asians have ridiculous traps. Its a given man wtf is up with that im jealous...i kill my traps all sorts of ways and still im flat trapped!

Tom i went to the doc today because ive had a fever the past few days and i got the flu! Nothing i can do for that so thats undoubtedly why i have been feeling like death lately. He said its about 7days along so it should be over anyday now. How the hell can they tell this crap by shoving a q-tip up my nose lol.
Flu must be going around, I've got it now too. Didn't stop me from pulling a 525lb DL though, so MAN UP! :drillsergeant:

:mischievous: :)

reecew

Awards
  • Established
Flu must be going around, I've got it now too. Didn't stop me from pulling a 525lb DL though, so MAN UP! :drillsergeant:

:mischievous: :)
DAMN nice lift! Im hoping thats about my max right now i hit 495 for 3 reps my last DL day. But that was at 165lbs haha. Im trying to keep up with TOM's DL/weight ratio of over 3.0....this guys a beast!

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAMN nice lift! Im hoping thats about my max right now i hit 495 for 3 reps my last DL day. But that was at 165lbs haha. Im trying to keep up with TOM's DL/weight ratio of over 3.0....this guys a beast!
495 triple is NICE, especially at 165! You're a beast, like a mini-Tom.

I'll crawl back in my hole now that I feel so insignificant... :spank: