Tomahawk's SUPERcharged Log to 725

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Had a hell of a workout today. Was planning on doing legs but really do much. Just some box squats. Only went up to 315 but used a much lower box. Will take some getting used to. Felt a bit off so not sure. Hard finding the right box to be honest.

Then did some really shitty looking hang snatches with 135 for sets of 10.
Followed that up with 2 sets of 8 standing military with 135.
Finished with a set of 12 with 135 on power cleans and then a set of 12 on hang cleans.

Last thing I did was a super set of 10 with DB lateral and then frontal raise. Started with 15 then 20 and finally 25 dropped to 12.

Was beyond pumped after this.

Ended up bleeding from the skin right under my pinky finger. A nice bit of blood too. Stings a little when I spread my pinky out. It will be interesting when I try to deadlift monday.

Going to watch the fights tonight!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also I was about 224 preworkout today. Which is about a nice 6 pound increase. Not a bad first 9 days.

reecew

Awards
  • Established
The fights were pretty good. Only one really disappointing fight and that was griffin and rich franklin. It looked like girls wrestling around over lipstick, that actually wouldve been more fun to watch haha. Franklins just way too small to be at 205lbs plus his prime is over man thats why he doesnt want to cut anymore its too hard for him. Im about to head to work now hopefully its a quick trip so i can hit the gym when its empty while everyones at home watching the game! DL and back day!

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
6lbs in 9 days? That's damn good Tom!

Now, the real test is how much you can pull!!! I can't wait to see those numbers, and the video with 725!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
6lbs in 9 days? That's damn good Tom!

Now, the real test is how much you can pull!!! I can't wait to see those numbers, and the video with 725!
Im going to be honest 725 is unlikely. My hands just wont be able to hold up :dead:

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
Man don't let the hands get in the way. I'm with HTS, strap em up! Or get some versa gripps.

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
Hate him or love him, Anderson Silva is absolutely ridiculous!

Last edited:

reecew

Awards
  • Established
Yea the man ^^^ is seriously a freak of nature...i think hes one of those hybrid humans from MARS...if you look at him hes sort of odd looking so that may be the only way to explain it lol.

Yea TOM dont be a chump.....we know if you hit it strapped you could hit it RAW! Im going to pull 550 no matter if it has to be strapped or not. I like the way everything we talk about on here could be construed in a sexual mannaer haha. HIT IT, STRAPPED, RAW all great words!

Coolazice

Coolazice

Awards
  • Established
Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Strap 'em I think we can make an exception. :lmao:
I honestly cant use straps well. They dont really help me. Feels awkward just like gloves to me. Raw dog it or nothing :lmao:

Yea you're not gettin off the hook that easy!
Haha trust me I will try just not making gurantees.

Man don't let the hands get in the way. I'm with HTS, strap em up! Or get some versa gripps.
If I knew some1 local with some versa gripps Id be down to try them. But dont plan on buying any personally.

Hate him or love him, Anderson Silva is absolutely ridiculous!
Oh I still hate him lol. Want him to lose BAD.

Yea the man ^^^ is seriously a freak of nature...i think hes one of those hybrid humans from MARS...if you look at him hes sort of odd looking so that may be the only way to explain it lol.

Yea TOM dont be a chump.....we know if you hit it strapped you could hit it RAW! Im going to pull 550 no matter if it has to be strapped or not. I like the way everything we talk about on here could be construed in a sexual mannaer haha. HIT IT, STRAPPED, RAW all great words!
He really does look weird as shit. Plus when he speaks he sounds funny. Just being honest about those points.

Haha ur mind is just in the gutter ie like mine since I have been on Dermacrine TD. Noticing it a hell of a lot more than the LV version. Might have also been to taking tren last time too but still.

I guess I was wrong.
Ehh 6 rings isnt bad if u ask me :biggthumpup: Cant win ALL the Superbowls.

Oh ya and Im still wearing my Steelers shirt to class tomorrow. I kind of want someone to talk shit :sgrin:

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
back to work but hoping your healing......

TC

edwitt

edwitt

Awards
  • Established
How did I miss this,

Ok well I will catch up on where u r at tomorrow

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ehh 6 rings isnt bad if u ask me :biggthumpup: Cant win ALL the Superbowls.

Oh ya and Im still wearing my Steelers shirt to class tomorrow. I kind of want someone to talk shit :sgrin:
Let 'em talk shit brother. Which team has literally dominated the game like the Steelers?
I can tell you one thing, the Steelers will be back in the SuperBowl a helluva lot sooner than the Packers will. :yup:

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
Let 'em talk shit brother. Which team has literally dominated the game like the Steelers?
I can tell you one thing, the Steelers will be back in the SuperBowl a helluva lot sooner than the Packers will. :yup:
Yep because the Bears aren't going to let the Packers off the hook next season

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
back to work but hoping your healing......

TC
Thanks seem to be healing alright but today will def be a test. 585 for 3 sets of 3.

How did I miss this,

Ok well I will catch up on where u r at tomorrow
Nice glad to have u here big guy.

Exactly isnt any shame in my game. Now Im just looking forward to the draft. Def want to see some corners picked. Has always been a suspect position if u ask me. Just been masked by the pressure.

Also I didnt have Lindsey(for those of yall who have been following the Tomahawk Lady Saga) take my transformation pics. If she had I wouldnt have had to worry about her eyefucking me :poke:

Not going to jynx myself but something looks to be in the works :fingersx:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
in the works female dramas are exciting :fingersx: Hope it works out for ya.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
in the works female dramas are exciting :fingersx: Hope it works out for ya.
Oh this could be a hell of a drama. If it goes bad it could go bad on epic proportions. It is multilayed kind of crazy to be honest. Of course I could just be getting worked up over nothing :lmao:

I sure hope so, bro!
Me too will be interesting to see. Timeline is set for some time this week maybe weekend.

2k1s

2k1s

Awards
  • Established
pimp hand needs to be strong.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What day are you on? Strength usually is way up in my 2nd week. Or I notice, your 2nd workout of each muscle group you will be stronger. That's how I notice it too.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 12

What day are you on? Strength usually is way up in my 2nd week. Or I notice, your 2nd workout of each muscle group you will be stronger. That's how I notice it too.
Today is day 12 so almost 2 weeks in. Been a little hard to gauge strength to be honest.

So I didnt really stick to the workout today.
Did 2 sets of 3 with 585. Hands got rip to shreds.
Then did 3 sets of 5 with 275 on bent over rows
3 sets of chin ups felt easier go figure
4 sets of good mornings light.

Talked to an older powerlifter and found out what I have been doing wrong. I have been trying to squeeze the bar too much. Have the bar up high instead of just letting it hang on my fingers. Should be interesting to see if I can keep the bar in my hands but worth a shot because this isnt working. Going to take some time off deadlifts. Really going to focus on good mornings to keep my lower back strength.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe its just time for some gloves, but only wear them when you hit weight that causes your hands to rip, like the 500+lbs range.

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear that you have to take some time off deads. You still have the best weeks of SD to come though, so once your hands are good I'm sure you'll be pullin some huge numbers.

All of the strength I get from SD I keep all through pct. Actually seems to go up a bit. Hopefully that's the case for you too.

reecew

Awards
  • Established
Damn sucks about your hands..... none of the pads worked? Try some seated good mornings im going to try those soon they look nasty! I did that DL routine today, it called for me to hit my previous max 2x so i tried it with skepticism. And to my surprise lifted it easier both times than i did on my previous max attempt possibly couldve hit it 3x but i wasnt pressing my luck lol.

You better start killing it my friend i got faith in you! You got work around that hand man dont let it slow you down!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sucks you can't DL man. I'm sure you will kill it no matter what though, so bring the strength!!

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Like others said already, sucks to hear you can't Deadlift :(
Good mornings should keep your lower back strength in check though :thumbsup:

//CC

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe its just time for some gloves, but only wear them when you hit weight that causes your hands to rip, like the 500+lbs range.
I tried gloves but they didnt help. Going to try and let the bar hang more on my hands instead of trying to keep it up in my hand. It will just roll down anyway.

Sorry to hear that you have to take some time off deads. You still have the best weeks of SD to come though, so once your hands are good I'm sure you'll be pullin some huge numbers.

All of the strength I get from SD I keep all through pct. Actually seems to go up a bit. Hopefully that's the case for you too.
Hopefully I will be back to deadlifting before Im off the SD but ehh Idk

Thanks hopefully things work out. Appreciate the support.

Probably wise to let your hands heal. GMs off pins with a good amount of weight are awesome!
Ya that is what the older pl was saying. I think yall would agree on a lot of things. Aka u r wise beyond ur years bro :biggthumpup:

Damn sucks about your hands..... none of the pads worked? Try some seated good mornings im going to try those soon they look nasty! I did that DL routine today, it called for me to hit my previous max 2x so i tried it with skepticism. And to my surprise lifted it easier both times than i did on my previous max attempt possibly couldve hit it 3x but i wasnt pressing my luck lol.

You better start killing it my friend i got faith in you! You got work around that hand man dont let it slow you down!
Damn man come in here and rain of my parade lol jk bro. Congrats on hitting the PR for 2.

I wont stop just have to adapt that is all.

Sucks you can't DL man. I'm sure you will kill it no matter what though, so bring the strength!!
Hell ya trying to take care of this hand as much as possible. I honestly need to find myself a nursing major and her baby and take care of me :fingersx: in more ways than one :poke:

Like others said already, sucks to hear you can't Deadlift :(
Good mornings should keep your lower back strength in check though :thumbsup:

//CC
Yup looks like it will be some heavy good mornings to help keep up the strength.

Honestly it bothers me the most to spread my pinky finger out in everyday situations

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Probably wise to let your hands heal. GMs off pins with a good amount of weight are awesome!
You would kill at these T-Hawk! And yes,Nick is a very wise beyond his years lad...

reecew

Awards
  • Established
Man i need one of those ^^ saftey bars for when i do goodmornings the regular bar kills my neck! I think TOM would be a beast at these we need a video!

I wasnt trying to rain on your parade per se just trying to get you a little pissed off and motivated so you do adapt and push through it lol. :stick:

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I did 245 for 8 with pretty much straight legs and no belt. Will start using a belt next time. Anxious to be back to deadlifting.

Didnt lift today I have an essay I have to write... Due tomorrow night ya slacking. Damn I hate writing especially siting sources if anyone wants to help with that they are welcome lol. Will just make up the work out tomorrow night after class. Work out partner wasnt too happy. Been missing chest workouts with him a lot lately so no spotter.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I did 245 for 8 with pretty much straight legs and no belt. Will start using a belt next time. Anxious to be back to deadlifting.

Didnt lift today I have an essay I have to write... Due tomorrow night ya slacking. Damn I hate writing especially siting sources if anyone wants to help with that they are welcome lol. Will just make up the work out tomorrow night after class. Work out partner wasnt too happy. Been missing chest workouts with him a lot lately so no spotter.
Ugh, essays are crap. I think your workout partner would understand though :thumbsup:
Nice numbers on those good mornings :eek:

//CC

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yo esse, you didn't write me yet. Write your esse damnit!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yo esse, you didn't write me yet. Write your esse damnit!
Si, it's goin' to be about jour seeezter....:mischievous:

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Dude, wtf, those are some serious tears/abrasions. Heal up fast my man..

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
A nursing major....lol so how is heidi #2???? LOL your logs always make me laugh...:)

H

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ugh, essays are crap. I think your workout partner would understand though :thumbsup:
Nice numbers on those good mornings :eek:

//CC
Ya Im sure he will be alright. Just have to make sure to be on time tomorrow for legs lol.
Thanks def going to put more weight on the bar now though.

Dude, wtf, those are some serious tears/abrasions. Heal up fast my man..
Thanks bro I found out tonight that Protocol by Genomyx should be kept FAR away from all cuts lol. It stung like hell when I got a little in the cut.

A nursing major....lol so how is heidi #2???? LOL your logs always make me laugh...:)

H
As much as I beat my body up. Or a chiropractor now that would be sweet.
Ehhh the verdict is still out on heidi deuce. Actions will speak louder than words.

Well my goal is to always been entertaining above all.

Went and hit chest tonight.
Bench A LOT lol: High lights 275 for 5 reps, 295 for 3, 310 for 1, and then for the hell of it I tried 335 for 1(no go but wasnt really expecting to after 9 sets)
Then I did 4 sets of 10 on the incline viking presses.
Planned on doing more chest but got sidetracked.
Did DC style machine preacher curls. Biceps blew up like I was attached to an air pump.
Then did drop like sets on a preacher curl like machine.

Hitting legs tomorrow not sure how low of box I want to use just yet.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hitting up box squats? :)

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh you know it my Finnish friend. Just have to decide how low I want to go. Might have them be the high box just to get the feel more but still not 100% sure.
Oh I love box squats! I miss them - I am sad I decided to start doing front squats :happysad: But when I hit 410 on front squats like on box squats I'll be a happy man :mischievous: