Dont Call It a Comeback... Log 5/3/1

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Was on another board and started thinking about training partners. Trying to find a balance. Because in my experience weaker training partners are good because they shut up and train. They will do what you put in front of them because they want to get on your level. Just harder to get a push from them plus the changing of weights can be annoying. Strong/er training partners are less flexible and less likely to want to change up their routine(myself included at times). Great to get a "competition" going though.

So I was comparing my workout partners of the past. My friend Mario probably has to be the best training partner. He was strong and willing to try new routines. Plus a high energy guy, hard not to have a great workout when the guy next to you is putting everything he has into every set. So I called him up and hopefully mid June we will start working out together again. By then my strength should be back to full force.
I enjoy the comradery of liftng partners. I perform my best with them in my opinion. I've spent more of my life lifting solo then with partners, but at this point of my life, I much prefer having like-willed lifting partners.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I had a good workout, but uhh left the paper at the gym lol. Going to go back along the way to class to see if I can find it :lol:

I did eat like a champ though so will post that up when I get home shortly.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Workout

Deadlift
395*5, 445*3, 505*7 estimated max 611
t-bar rows

90*15,15,15,135*12,180*10
stripset 5*12,4*10,3*8,2*6

Wide lat pulldowns
150*15,170*15,190*12,210*10,230*7

Full ROM bar lat pulldowns
70*15,90*15,110*15,130*12,150*10

Steated cable rows superset hammer strength high rows
100*15,120*15,140*13,160*10,180*9
1 plate each side*15,15,15,15

Beat the hell out of my back today lol. Way more volume than usual, but it felt great. Interested to see how I feel tomorrow.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did you go back and get your paper?

Solid numbers pimpin'

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Of course no way I would remember all that ish. I try to kill myself in the gym.
I hear that! I try to enter my workouts into my phone as I go but a lot of the time after my workout all I have is "10 min warm up on bike" and I'm like WTF!! I know i did more then that, lol

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hear that! I try to enter my workouts into my phone as I go but a lot of the time after my workout all I have is "10 min warm up on bike" and I'm like WTF!! I know i did more then that, lol
Lol ya if I dont write it down as I go along I cant remember what I did exactly. Hell I am lucky to remember who I am after some workouts lol. I need to eat again soon.

My postworkout meal earlier was 2 scoops Muscle Replenisher, 13oz of sirlion steak, and protein fluff.

Earlier I also grilled up some chicken breasts. Going to eat it over a salad with avocado. Probably some other vegetables too. Want to make sure I am getting enough fiber in my diet. Finish it off with some casein mixed with cottage cheese. I am going to be stuffed with food :yup:

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Keep killin it bro! I know what you mean about training partners. My best friend from back home was the best training partner ive had by far. Wed push eachother and didnt even need to talk to do it.

The training partner i have now is consistent and is always in the gym with me but just lacks the intesity and the push.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
I dont think I can sub in, I'm at work and watch kids eat, I see family eat, I am reading what your eating....UUGGHHHHH!!!!!!!! anyway, on another side note, I prefer to train alone when I have energy to train.....

H

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established
Of course no way I would remember all that ish. I try to kill myself in the gym.
I keep it in my head but have a system.
And I'm OCD.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Workout

Deadlift
395*5, 445*3, 505*7 estimated max 611
t-bar rows

90*15,15,15,135*12,180*10
stripset 5*12,4*10,3*8,2*6

Wide lat pulldowns
150*15,170*15,190*12,210*10,230*7

Full ROM bar lat pulldowns
70*15,90*15,110*15,130*12,150*10

Steated cable rows superset hammer strength high rows
100*15,120*15,140*13,160*10,180*9
1 plate each side*15,15,15,15

Beat the hell out of my back today lol. Way more volume than usual, but it felt great. Interested to see how I feel tomorrow.
Solid workout bruther! :thumbsup:

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Keep killin it bro! I know what you mean about training partners. My best friend from back home was the best training partner ive had by far. Wed push eachother and didnt even need to talk to do it.

The training partner i have now is consistent and is always in the gym with me but just lacks the intesity and the push.
Ya hopefully the scheduling works and I can lift with Mario in about 6 weeks. Real good guy and hard working. Wasnt quite as strong as me, but damn his intensity was off the charts. We are much closer in weight now though so strength will probably be real close. He said he is up to 205 now. He is AF though and his superiors apparently didnt like him lifting with me lol. They thought I was too big or some bs. Seriously that is how crazy people are at this base.

On another note he was awesome about bringing food lol. Or after workouts we would go to his apartment and chow down on some good homecooked food. My only complaint would have to be his job. Was impossible to keep a schedule because they kept changing his hours.

I dont think I can sub in, I'm at work and watch kids eat, I see family eat, I am reading what your eating....UUGGHHHHH!!!!!!!! anyway, on another side note, I prefer to train alone when I have energy to train.....

H
Well Im sorry Heidi hopefully everything gets cleared up for you soon enough. Ya I see you as someone who trains alone.

I keep it in my head but have a system.
And I'm OCD.
You are a better man than me morry. I was too worried about just breathing and drinking water in between sets today.

Solid workout bruther! :thumbsup:
Thanks man just trying to get down to that 199 mark :veryhappy:

So I had a bit of a temper flare up today. Not really known for my temper, but it was just a little weird today. Someone finished my cornbread and I was pissed and short punched a door. It isnt really noticable but there is a ding. I dont like when people eat my food lol. Oh ya and a little road rage, but they have just been stupid drivers so ehh :bigok:

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks man just trying to get down to that 199 mark :veryhappy:

So I had a bit of a temper flare up today. Not really known for my temper, but it was just a little weird today. Someone finished my cornbread and I was pissed and short punched a door. It isnt really noticable but there is a ding. I dont like when people eat my food lol. Oh ya and a little road rage, but they have just been stupid drivers so ehh :bigok:
I just hit that 199 mark - too early in my schedule but wth :saevilw:

Road Rage eh? :D I suffer from it bad!! Ever heard this quote: "SOME PEOPLE JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO DRIVE - I CALL THEM EVERYONE BUT ME!";)

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im thinking I might have over did it yesterday. The inside of my elbows are seriously sore today. Will be interesting to see how they feel during my workout. Im tempted to do arms after chest today.

Also burned my forearm cooking on the grill last night lol. Just a little pink now.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Workout

Bench
205*5,235*3,265*5 I think killing back like I did yesterday threw me off. Not horrible but not what I expected to get.

Incline BB
135*15,155*12,175*8,185*6,195*3+1neg

Pull overs hammer strength(?)
90*15,140*12,140*12,10

Flat hammer strength
180*10,6

Seated calf raise(did these between bench/incline and incline/pullovers
135*[15,14,13,13]{15,14,13,14}

Wanted to do more but figure I will just go do arms tomorrow before grocery shopping mmm food.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol thinking I want to do some different training. Damn Arnold and his book for changing my mind. Will do a different workout tomorrow and see how it feels then go from there.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Everything looks to be going well in here Tom! You'll be a lean, mean machine in no time!!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Break some doors, bro.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Keep up the great work!
Thanks man and welcome to the log.

Everything looks to be going well in here Tom! You'll be a lean, mean machine in no time!!
Thanks man that is definitely the goal. Oh ya and still be able to lift a shit load of weight :veryhappy:

Break some doors, bro.
Just dont eat my cornbread and I will remember you are not a door :bigok:

Haha TG Im not lightening the weights dont worry. Still plan on going heavy. I mean hell I HAVE to get 700 :veryhappy:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha TG Im not lightening the weights dont worry. Still plan on going heavy. I mean hell I HAVE to get 700 :veryhappy:
I know your heart ain't into that light-weight shit. And mine sure isn't.
If you're just looking for a change of workout style, try a DC routine for 8 weeks or so.

I love those rest-pauses. :yup:

I just finished annihilating chest with some light weights:

Flat Machine Bench Presses--455 X 11.
Incline DB Presses--150's X 10.
Flat DB Flyes--90's X 14.

Love dem light ass weights......babeh.:laugh:

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Keep up the good work Tom!

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
If you're just looking for a change of workout style, try a DC routine for 8 weeks or so.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Now I dont even want to post my workout :lol:

Workout
BB clean and press
135*12,145*10,155*7,165*5

DB lateral raise
20*15,30*12,40*10,45*8

Upright rows
135*10ish, 155*4ish, 4ish

Push press
155*6,175*4,195*1(no more false grip heavy lol)

Standing BB curl
105*9,95*10,85*11,75*12

Seated DB curl
40*7,35*9,30*10,25*10

Close grip bench
135*12,155*12,175*8,185*7 drop to 135 for 5 for something lol

Kneeling head supported tri ext
100*15,130*12,150*10,170*4 drop to 120*6

Was sweating my ass off. Workout definitely did a number on me. I just want to shower and sleep now lol. Had a big meal after grocery shopping too. Had 2 scoops of Muscle Replenisher post workout. Then after getting food had 2 sandwiches and some protein fluff.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Go back and finish your workout! :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh:

:laugh:

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Go back and finish your workout! :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh:

:laugh:
I have to finish some online quizzes for an easy class first. Might take a nap too. This eating 2 meals thing means the window of opportunity is small so I have to take advantage of it :eek:p:

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ps:

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Workout 2
10 burpees

wrist curls 35*15,55*12,65*10,10,75*8

10 burpees

Reverse wrist curls
35*15,14,13,13

Reverse cruches

Donkey calf raise
400*15,380*15,360*15,340*15,320*15

Seated DB cleans
10*10,20*10,10,10,10

Wow doesnt look like much but I left sweaty as hell. I will say I had a certain swagger though. Felt and looked so damn good. Confidence beyond belief just felt on top of the world kind of high :yup: It is official Im addicted lol.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Earlier I talked about a natty BB named Martin Daniels. Just did an imagine search on google for him. Saw these pics in an article before, but it didnt click then. These were taken at my gym.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Aw yeah, big dude posing by the ellipticals! That's how he got dem hyuge quads brah, level 25 resistance!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Earlier I talked about a natty BB named Martin Daniels. Just did an imagine search on google for him. Saw these pics in an article before, but it didnt click then. These were taken at my gym.

His quads and lats are amazing for natty, geezus.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That was exactly what I was thinking.

I've seen a lot of natty dudes look great, but separation and striations like that on someone naturally is not something I've seen much of before.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya he is something else. Real low key and you would barely even notice him. Just kind of kept to himself, but the guy I was working out with at the time was a bodybuilder and asked for some help. They talked a bit and he was real helpful. I dont think I have posted pics of my former workout partner Kevin in this log yet :11:

Now That's a natty dude to look up to! I've never seen a natty dude that big and cut.
It is definitely motivating as hell to see someone like that working out while you are. I expect to see pics of you like that when you do your show haha.

That was exactly what I was thinking.

I've seen a lot of natty dudes look great, but separation and striations like that on someone naturally is not something I've seen much of before.
Ya I watched the videos of him winning the WNBF in 2010 and he is on another level compared to the guys he was facing.

They had a natty BB come to the AF Base Exchange one time. My friend and I wondered why didnt we just have Martin instead. He looked so much better.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wow thats crazy, i bet he eats 400g protein a day like stakedcop...errr dang it

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Damn. If he's eating 400 and Staked is eating 400 then I'm upping my intake.

Makes sense right?.... since both of them are way the fuk bigger than me and you.
hahahaha, post of the year, lol.:yup:

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You're getting neg'd Now.. Gfy
no sense of humor, i was joking and saying that it obviously works for you since your pretty big as is the monster in the pictures. Sorry if i came off as an insult big man.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok guys dont try and bring drama into my log. Im too tired to deal with BS. If you dont like someone else in my log take it somewhere else.

That said cant we all just get along :bigok:

Workout
Squats
145*10,235*10,325*10,375*6,415*2

Vertical leg press
180*15,15,15,15

Seated leg curls
90*12,12,12,12

Standing calf raise
45*15,90,90,90,90

SLDL
145*10,235*10,325*10,415*6,465*4

Pull throughs
25*12,12,12,12

Crunches

Saw a cougar doing crossfit junk Idk what they are called. But they reminded me to do burpees. On day 5 of a 100 day challenge.

Did 2 sets of 10. On the 2nd set I just flopped on the floor basically lol. Was beat tired.

Hobbled, while breathing like a freight train, to my car. My were on fire especially my quads. It is a short drive to my house, but I was still worried my legs might lock up on me.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Holy balls those are some great #'s on SLDL!
Thanks man. Most I ever recall doing before was 405 for 6 off 3 plates. This was during my cycle before I hit 675 I believe. But I had some damn good motivation that day. My friend Mario did 5 reps and there was no way in hell I was going to let him beat me :veryhappy:

So in about a month my liver will probably be tested again lol. Good friend of mine is getting married and Im going to the bachelor party. Cant recall drinking this year so pretty proud of that. Plus I will probably drink a little at the reception to helps socialize with all the people Idk lol.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok guys dont try and bring drama into my log. Im too tired to deal with BS. If you dont like someone else in my log take it somewhere else.

That said cant we all just get along :bigok:
:grouphug:

BTW them burpees are killer aint they? I have been doing mine for warm up and then for a finisher at the end of my workout

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

BTW them burpees are killer aint they? I have been doing mine for warm up and then for a finisher at the end of my workout
I would say so. I did a faceplant while doing them. My body was broken. Thinking the burpees at the end were the reason my quads started burning again.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

if you ever watch lockup on mnbc, burpees are a jailhouse favorite, lol.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just got home from the gym. Will post up my workout later need nutrients. I will say it is clear I need some time off from the gym. Plus maybe a few days of "normal" eating. See if that helps. Just felt super run down. Even before I went to the gym I slept through my alarm when I took a nap. About to kill some bar b que.

Going to go shooting tomorrow so that should be some fun. Maybe go watch the fights somewhere or just relax at home.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just got home from the gym. Will post up my workout later need nutrients. I will say it is clear I need some time off from the gym. Plus maybe a few days of "normal" eating. See if that helps. Just felt super run down. Even before I went to the gym I slept through my alarm when I took a nap. About to kill some bar b que.

Going to go shooting tomorrow so that should be some fun. Maybe go watch the fights somewhere or just relax at home.
If your body is telling you to take some time off, DO it! Hell, have a week off from resistance training and just do a few days of light cardio (which is exactly what I have done this week, since my body was at that point last week) if you want to do something - you'll probably be better off for it.

~Rosie~

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Definitely take a little time off, DF. You'll be happy about it.

I'm busting through for the next 3 weeks, knowing that I've got a 2-week deload coming up when I head out to Hawaii. Although, my friend is going to be trying to teach me how to surf, so hopefully I get some fun cardio in and don't just fall over repeatedly :lol: