Dont Call It a Comeback... Log 5/3/1

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If your body is telling you to take some time off, DO it! Hell, have a week off from resistance training and just do a few days of light cardio (which is exactly what I have done this week, since my body was at that point last week) if you want to do something - you'll probably be better off for it.

~Rosie~
Ya I know Im going to take the weekend off and see how I feel. If Im still feeling like ish I will take more time off.

Definitely take a little time off, DF. You'll be happy about it.

I'm busting through for the next 3 weeks, knowing that I've got a 2-week deload coming up when I head out to Hawaii. Although, my friend is going to be trying to teach me how to surf, so hopefully I get some fun cardio in and don't just fall over repeatedly :lol:
Thanks SH. Nice dont get too burnt over there. Remember you dont have your fur in the summer.

Also I think I forgot to mention I had a flu shot today so could have affected me some :bigok:

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Workout

Bench 135*15,225*13,235*9,245*5,4

Incline BB wide
135*12,12,12,12

Pull overs machine
90*15,140*12,12,12,12

Pull ups

Bent over rows
225*8,8,8,8

Cruches with burpees between sets

Just felt weak and unmotivated. Even skipped deadlifts today. I think my hips would have broke if I had tried them. 2 days break and see how I feel.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I will say it is clear I need some time off from the gym.
:blink:

Really? Really?

You just had like a month off due to sickness. I had one week off year before last. And maybe missed one workout last year. Oh well....

Consistency and perserverance are the key ingredients to success. In anything.

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
:blink:

Really? Really?

You just had like a month off due to sickness. I had one week off year before last. And maybe missed one workout last year. Oh well....

Consistency and perserverance are the key ingredients to success. In anything.
2 days off is good for recovery imo and is only going to be beneficial if his body is worn down. Maybe he got sick the last time for pushing it a bit to far.

Tomahawk i'd say take the weekend off, keep the diet in check and reassess on monday and go from there.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you in a calorie deficit? Maybe try upping your overall calorie intake. It may help with the run down feeling

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
7-keto, stat! Helps with immune system.

Yeah, probably just in a funk. Pull yourself out of it whatever way necessary; take a break, see a movie, just chill, whatever...

Best of luck breaking the funk, get back in the game soon! We'll be watching and prodding!

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/3/1 will make you feel run down, your deloading every three waves right? I mean really deloading, assistence work and all. The only thing i dont ease up on in deload week is conditioning, which is 1-2 sessions for the whole week, i even back off stims at this time. Hope you get back into it.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I disagree, have you read 5/3/1 before? The whole reason why it was designed was it was easier on your CNS then a typical workout is. You are never really working with your max and you only really push hard on one of the sets. Remember you are only using 90% 1RM as your 1RM reference and you are working with 70-90% of that reduced max.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
2 days off is good for recovery imo and is only going to be beneficial if his body is worn down. Maybe he got sick the last time for pushing it a bit to far.

Tomahawk i'd say take the weekend off, keep the diet in check and reassess on monday and go from there.
I think last time me getting sick had a lot to do with my cycle. It was a big strain on my body. Oh well cant change that now.

Ya weekend will be easy. See how I feel monday and most likely be back to the fun stuff :sgrin:

Are you in a calorie deficit? Maybe try upping your overall calorie intake. It may help with the run down feeling
I have been trying to go calorie deficit. Weight is actually moving up though. Closer to 220 then before.

7-keto, stat! Helps with immune system.

Yeah, probably just in a funk. Pull yourself out of it whatever way necessary; take a break, see a movie, just chill, whatever...

Best of luck breaking the funk, get back in the game soon! We'll be watching and prodding!
I actually have the topical and oral. So I might do one or both of those.

Thanks man. Today I went shooting with my dad(shot like shit). Tonight doing the family dinner and then watching the UFC fights.

Thanks man great to have your support.

5/3/1 will make you feel run down, your deloading every three waves right? I mean really deloading, assistence work and all. The only thing i dont ease up on in deload week is conditioning, which is 1-2 sessions for the whole week, i even back off stims at this time. Hope you get back into it.
I disagree, have you read 5/3/1 before? The whole reason why it was designed was it was easier on your CNS then a typical workout is. You are never really working with your max and you only really push hard on one of the sets. Remember you are only using 90% 1RM as your 1RM reference and you are working with 70-90% of that reduced max.
Well this all might be true, but I have stopped the 5/3/1. Just not working for me. I was bored when I lifted. It made it boring for me and I love to lift. Dont want to make something I love to do a chore.

Oh ya plan on walking 2 miles after dinner.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So walked 2 miles with the older sister after dinner. Felt good to stretch my legs out some. Plus talked to her about the shoe girl again. Basically Im having my sister go back there again to talk to her again lol.

Thinking Im going to break down and go ahead and order a mixer from online. The only good ones locally are in the $300ish range. When I can get a better one online for just under $100.

Another easy day relaxing tomorrow hopefully. Plenty of food that is for sure though.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Vitamix blender? Outstanding has been looking at those. Check out the "magic bullet" thread, they seem quite impressive.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No Im looking for a stand mixer. To make my protein pluff and hopefully some more cheesecake.

Edit: Damn hell no I wouldnt be looking at a blender that costs that much! Outstanding must need to blend up whole animals bones and all lol.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No Im looking for a stand mixer. To make my protein pluff and hopefully some more cheesecake.

Edit: Damn hell no I wouldnt be looking at a blender that costs that much! Outstanding must need to blend up whole animals bones and all lol.
Dude I tried to make that fluff and it was an epic fail! Came out like a smoothie..

I plan on trying again in the future

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude I tried to make that fluff and it was an epic fail! Came out like a smoothie..

Haha I have had that happen. Mine still doesnt come out like the pictures. Add less liquid and it will be less soupy. I add in a lot of fruit for carbs. Plus I think the fact my mixer is lacking in the power department doesnt help. Ordering a new one today :firedevil:

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just had a nice light meal.
foot long mix match sub from Firehouse
a mango
not quite a rack of ribs
a banana

I have a 15oz steak and 4 chicken breasts to put on the grill later lol.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You are loving the fluff! I tried with a hand blender and didn't work well with the micellar casein I have. I didn't try again after that...

Yeah, the cheesecake I'm learning to cook it a little less, and I add in 2 scoops of myofusion vanilla with some extra milk to the right texture. It is much better a little undercooked compared to over cooked.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You are loving the fluff! I tried with a hand blender and didn't work well with the micellar casein I have. I didn't try again after that...

Yeah, the cheesecake I'm learning to cook it a little less, and I add in 2 scoops of myofusion vanilla with some extra milk to the right texture. It is much better a little undercooked compared to over cooked.
I think you really need a high powered stand mixer. I know Martin suggests a350 watt mixer. Plus certain caseins wont work to begin with.

Ya I will have to try the cheesecake again. I failed the last time I would say. It was edible, but by no means great.

I honestly feel much better. Soreness is completely gone except for my calves by I straight murdered them 3 days in a row lol. Should be back in the weight room tomorrow for shoulders and arms. I am going to be heavy lol.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nice "light" meal, lol..

KTS tomorrow Tom!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nice "light" meal, lol..

KTS tomorrow Tom!
Lmao...I was thinking the same thing. I would hate to see what your big meals look like..:food:

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nice "light" meal, lol..

KTS tomorrow Tom!
Haha well when you are fat like me you have to eat light :stooges:

2nd meal looked like this
12oz of steak
portobellum mushrooms with vidalia onions and garlic
small salad with ginger dressing
Chinese dish(leftovers) eggplant with pork over jasmine rice

Thinking I will have some cottage cheese, casein powder, natty pb, and honey to finish off my day.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nice "light" meal, lol..

KTS tomorrow Tom!
Lmao...I was thinking the same thing. I would hate to see what your big meals look like..:food:
lol he and I were just having that discussion earlier...:no:
Haha dont hate guys. Im just not skinny that is all lol. I bet Im back over 220 if not 225 tomorrow lol.

My 3rd meal today:

Cottage cheese, casein protein, natty pb, honey, a little almond milk, and vanilla extract.

Blacktail

Blacktail

Awards
  • Established

I find it works best with raspberries and skim milk. You need a mixer with a really fast spinner. When it works its pretty awesome. There is a list around with powders that work and don't. Google for it and check yours out.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh ya Im itching to lift tomorrow :sgrin:

Will be doing shoulders and arms. Havent been keeping up with my burpee challenge so tomorrow I will do sets of 5 burpees in between my sets of abs.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I said it on fb and I'll say it here, that looks disgusting, man.

That is all.

lol

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I said it on fb and I'll say it here, that looks disgusting, man.

That is all.

lol
Lol you gave me a great idea. Just sent that pic to my sister and ask "Are you hungry now?" lmao I will admit I made a bit too much last night. Not much fun to eat when you are still full from your previous 2 meals.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
That looked like you are eating turds...Hopefully it tasted far better than it looked!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That looked like you are eating turds...Hopefully it tasted far better than it looked!
Haha it tastes pretty good. The cottage cheese usually spreads in better but I used fiber one cottage cheese. So this meal was loaded with protein, fiber, and healthy fats.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My thoughts exactly... :toilet:

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's similar to what I make every nite as my last meal and it's absolutely delish.

1 cup cottage cheese
1 scoop Chocolate WPI
2 Tbsp Smart Balance crunchy PB(love this stuff!)

Just mix it with spoon in a big enough bowl. Put in freezer for 15mins and BAM. Almost tastes like Reeses PB cups. :food: :D

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's similar to what I make every nite as my last meal and it's absolutely delish.

1 cup cottage cheese
1 scoop Chocolate WPI
2 Tbsp Smart Balance crunchy PB(love this stuff!)

Just mix it with spoon in a big enough bowl. Put in freezer for 15mins and BAM. Almost tastes like Reeses PB cups. :food: :D
See Im not the only one :stooges:

Might have to add the freezing part though.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
See Im not the only one :stooges:

Might have to add the freezing part though.
Ya. Might wanna use a whey that is a tad less thicker, like an isolate or a con/iso blend. Mixes alot easier and really don't even have to add any milk or water to get it to mix.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya. Might wanna use a whey that is a tad less thicker, like an isolate or a con/iso blend. Mixes alot easier and really don't even have to add any milk or water to get it to mix.
A chocolate peanut butter ice cream sandwich you say :yup:

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A chocolate peanut butter ice cream sandwich you say :yup:
Dude I look forward to eating it every night. Soo good. For a change up, and if you like some crunch to it. Add some peanuts instead of the PB. Although this is why I now use SB crunchy PB. ;)

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha dont hate guys. Im just not skinny that is all lol. I bet Im back over 220 if not 225 tomorrow lol.

My 3rd meal today:

Cottage cheese, casein protein, natty pb, honey, a little almond milk, and vanilla extract.
That looks kinda tasty :yumyum:

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Screw it... If it helps build muscle ill eat it.. :lol:
"Tasteless back alley joke."

"Tasteless glory hole joke."

"Tasteless blind-folded...

...well, you see where this is going.

:laugh:

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yesterday weight was 221. Im not too surprised lol.

Workout
BB clean and press
135*10,9,8,7
Will probably be the last time you see these included. Felt a tweak in my neck again.

Arnold presses
25*15,30*15,35*14,40*12,45*12

Upright row
135*10,145*6,155*4

Behind the neck press
95*12,10,11,14
Never do these so took a little getting used to.

Seated DB cleans
20*10,10,10,10
Might be too heavy for the kind of form I want

Standing ez bar curls
65*12,105*10,95*9,85*7,75*8,65*6

Seated DB curls
40*6,35*6,30*7,25*7

Close grip press
135*12,15,9,10

Overhead tricep ext machine
200*5,170*5,130*8,90*10

Reverse crunches

Burpees

Work out started a little rough but once I got going it was good. Wont be doing standing overhead presses anymore. Just not for me. Dont need to have to go to the chiropractor again for something I can easily avoid. Really felt my muscles today.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hope no one saw you feel your muscle...

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im going to lift at the base FC today because "if you don't remember where you have been you can't appreciate where you are."

Edit: Wow that was a horrible idea. Forgot how cold they kept it there. Didnt even get through squats before I left. Felt like I was in a fog had to get out of there. Didnt feel better until I got home and I still feel a bit out of it. Luckily I didnt get into a wreck or something. Guess I cant go back there ever lol. Will do chest and back tomorrow at my gym. Quads still got a nice little beating 315 for 2 sets of 10 so much burning and then 225 for 18.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im going to lift at the base FC today because "if you don't remember where you have been you can't appreciate where you are."

Edit: Wow that was a horrible idea. Forgot how cold they kept it there. Didnt even get through squats before I left. Felt like I was in a fog had to get out of there. Didnt feel better until I got home and I still feel a bit out of it. Luckily I didnt get into a wreck or something. Guess I cant go back there ever lol. Will do chest and back tomorrow at my gym. Quads still got a nice little beating 315 for 2 sets of 10 so much burning and then 225 for 18.
I hate it when it is freezing in the gym :rasp:
Even efter warm ups you feel cold. Might risk injury in a cold gym.. Someone should crank up the heat :p

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Workout from Wednesday

Incline press BB
135*15,225*9,7,5,5

Bench
Pinky on ring 225*8,7, Index on ring 6,5

DB flyes superset with DB pullovers
30*8,25*10,10,10
45*12,12,12,12

Chin ups

Bent over rows squeeze at top parallel to the ground
135*10,10,10,10

Did some forced reps for chest and they really made my chest sore. Still good and sore today. Felt good to do incline first. Liked the combo of flyes supersetted with pullovers. I really worked on getting a good stretch with both.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Quick update before my shower.

Did shoulders and arms today. Will post the workout after my shower.

Going to go see the movie Thor tonight.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hope that movie is EPIC! Full report coming back I hope!