Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
the seated db snatches sound interesting. gonna try them next time i workout in my basement.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bro what happened to your militarys??? Weren't you pressin 225+ ?

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the seated db snatches sound interesting. gonna try them next time i workout in my basement.

Bro what happened to your militarys??? Weren't you pressin 225+ ?
Dude dont remind me. I think I am being safer now though. Lifting with Ben I got too caught up in how much weight I was using and I think form suffered. ROM is better now and I have brought my grip in a little bit(a little too much today though). Feels like I am getting better development now. Idk maybe I will take some pics in the future.

I dont think the month of sickness helped either. Plus I had cut military press out for awhile. What I did today is an estimated max of 225ish.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Dude dont remind me. I think I am being safer now though. Lifting with Ben I got too caught up in how much weight I was using and I think form suffered. ROM is better now and I have brought my grip in a little bit(a little too much today though). Feels like I am getting better development now. Idk maybe I will take some pics in the future.

I dont think the month of sickness helped either. Plus I had cut military press out for awhile. What I did today is an estimated max of 225ish.
That is still some beastly weight on military :cheers:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
that vid of seated db snatches looked brutal-can't wait to try them. i can see wherew your delts are sore from those, lol.:bigok:

that shoulder shrug 1st is great, love it!!!!

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Sorry tom... Just making sure you didn't have a shoulder problem/injury.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is still some beastly weight on military :cheers:
Ehh not when you are 215 though. Holding steady at that weight though.

that vid of seated db snatches looked brutal-can't wait to try them. i can see wherew your delts are sore from those, lol.:bigok:

that shoulder shrug 1st is great, love it!!!!
Let me know what you think Tom. Im ready for the soreness to set in :veryhappy:

Sorry tom... Just making sure you didn't have a shoulder problem/injury.
Well I kind of do it is called pussitis :rofl:

I think it has a lot to do with just not doing them. Plus my ROM is a bit better now.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay, the DB snatches look awesome. I will definitely be adding these into my routine, since I don't have more than 95's to use on the rear delt side laterals. Thanks for that!

And congrats on the 2 hot (enough lol) girls. My gym rarely has them, either. I can't decide if I like that or not lol.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Im hijacking for a minute, I found out my issue FINALLY...I have a damn allergy to wheat products, specific name but truthfully i have had some good drugs today ( glueton?) wrong spelling, this all means go on a glueton? free diet no more puking.....

Going to bed now..

H

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im hijacking for a minute, I found out my issue FINALLY...I have a damn allergy to wheat products, specific name but truthfully i have had some good drugs today ( glueton?) wrong spelling, this all means go on a glueton? free diet no more puking.....

Going to bed now..

H
Glad you found out your answer!

It sucks that that's what it is, but it's so great to finally know.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Going to bed now..

H
Look into the paleo diet

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay, the DB snatches look awesome. I will definitely be adding these into my routine, since I don't have more than 95's to use on the rear delt side laterals. Thanks for that!

And congrats on the 2 hot (enough lol) girls. My gym rarely has them, either. I can't decide if I like that or not lol.
Dude they are epic and you dont have to use much weight. My 3rd set I was really getting tired. Felt my form slipping a little. Dude video of needing more than 95s for rear delt side laterals lol. Not a problem saw it in another thread and stole it :bigok:

Well one was with a tool bag wanna be bodybuilder. Idk wtf the dude's deal is. He got mad one time because my friend Matt and I were doing deadlifts and he wanted to use the t-bar(holder?). He doesnt say sh1t to us at all but then finally walks over and just yanks the thing out and kind of pouts off.

And another time he left the weight on the bar after deadlifts. After I kind of toyed with it when I was cold. Not sure if he thought I was going to use it or if he felt like a bitch because I just repped it out easy cold.

Ya I dont like that guy. Reminds me though I need to post up a pic of my workout partner Matt. He is pretty jacked, but I am strong on some lifts :bigok:

But ya Im not sure if I like the no va jay gym or not. It is cool because less distraction and less people in general. But the only other place I would go is on base. Which would mean they are either married, military, work for gov, or fairly young.

Yes I got on a rant there lol.

Going to bed now..

H
Not a problem at all mi casa es su casa :bigok:

Well it is good you know what is wrong. Hopefully now you can return to a normal life of digesting your food. Get some rest TC.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude they are epic and you dont have to use much weight. My 3rd set I was really getting tired. Felt my form slipping a little. Dude video of needing more than 95s for rear delt side laterals lol. Not a problem saw it in another thread and stole it :bigok:

Well one was with a tool bag wanna be bodybuilder. Idk wtf the dude's deal is. He got mad one time because my friend Matt and I were doing deadlifts and he wanted to use the t-bar(holder?). He doesnt say sh1t to us at all but then finally walks over and just yanks the thing out and kind of pouts off.

And another time he left the weight on the bar after deadlifts. After I kind of toyed with it when I was cold. Not sure if he thought I was going to use it or if he felt like a bitch because I just repped it out easy cold.

Ya I dont like that guy. Reminds me though I need to post up a pic of my workout partner Matt. He is pretty jacked, but I am strong on some lifts :bigok:

But ya Im not sure if I like the no va jay gym or not. It is cool because less distraction and less people in general. But the only other place I would go is on base. Which would mean they are either married, military, work for gov, or fairly young.

Yes I got on a rant there lol.
Yeah, it looks like I'd definitely need less weight, which is a great thing for Max-OT style training in particular. I'll bust them out this upcoming week and see what I think :cool2:

I get SO pissed at people who don't clear their weights. Even the d-bag trainer has been doing it. Our gym owner doesn't do much to make it a point for people to put stuff back, though. I'm OCD as it is, so bad manners on top of things being out of place pisses me off lol.

I don't have too many wanna-be BBers at my place, but I do have the high school kids who flex in the mirrors and I stare them down and shake my head at them. And then there's the guys who come in with their girls (neither of which who really do much lifting) and they'll stare at me and make gestures / comments that make me seem to be the strange one (likely due to my skull cap and right now, my awesome beard lol), but it just makes me laugh - we all have our own goals, and what I choose to do in the gym is different than that of someone else - what does it matter? I'll steal a line from Montgomery Gentry and say "You do your thing, I'll do mine." :usa:

And about the girls...I agree, less distraction = good, but their presence also = well documented increase in testosterone lol. I don't hit on girls in the gym, anyway, because I'm there to work. That place is my 2nd home and I don't ruffle feathers where I'm comfortable.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Look into the paleo diet
Insightful and helpful as usual :bigok:

Yeah, it looks like I'd definitely need less weight, which is a great thing for Max-OT style training in particular. I'll bust them out this upcoming week and see what I think :cool2:

I get SO pissed at people who don't clear their weights. Even the d-bag trainer has been doing it. Our gym owner doesn't do much to make it a point for people to put stuff back, though. I'm OCD as it is, so bad manners on top of things being out of place pisses me off lol.

I don't have too many wanna-be BBers at my place, but I do have the high school kids who flex in the mirrors and I stare them down and shake my head at them. And then there's the guys who come in with their girls (neither of which who really do much lifting) and they'll stare at me and make gestures / comments that make me seem to be the strange one (likely due to my skull cap and right now, my awesome beard lol), but it just makes me laugh - we all have our own goals, and what I choose to do in the gym is different than that of someone else - what does it matter? I'll steal a line from Montgomery Gentry and say "You do your thing, I'll do mine." :usa:

And about the girls...I agree, less distraction = good, but their presence also = well documented increase in testosterone lol. I don't hit on girls in the gym, anyway, because I'm there to work. That place is my 2nd home and I don't ruffle feathers where I'm comfortable.
Def let me know what you think.

Ya that stuff pisses me off, but not so much at this gym. Because it isnt set up to be organized by ascending order. But seriously put your damn weights up. Even if it is a bitch ass 405 on deadlifts and you have to drop it like a punk ass because you are week. Oh ya and he has his girl using the squat bar(extra thick) and Im pretty sure she was using straps :ponder:

Well when I say wanna be bodybuilders I mean the douchebag character the general public thinks about. Actually have a few bodybuilders in my gym. Look up the name Martin Daniels. He was in there for a while, but he is military so havent seen him around much lately. Haha I wish I could have a beard to scare people away. I have a shaggy head(might get a pic up), but that seems to endear me to people. Old people talking to me left and right :grumpy:

I am the same way. No talking to the females at the gym. Although back when I was at the FC I would go talk to my sister if her friend was hot lol. Kind of mindfacks them when Pam's little brother pulls 600 pounds off the ground lol.

Oh ya and this is my friend Matt who is natural.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude is pretty jacked.... Sure he's natty? :lol:

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude is pretty jacked.... Sure he's natty? :lol:
Honestly that pic doesnt even do him justice. Cant see the definition too well. Plus crazy vascularity I mean big as bicep veins. Doesnt compete or anything so I cant imagine him like crazy dialed in.

Lol ya he is natty. Creatine is as far as he will go. He is a big fan of the Muscle Replenisher though :yup:

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly that pic doesnt even do him justice. Cant see the definition too well. Plus crazy vascularity I mean big as bicep veins. Doesnt compete or anything so I cant imagine him like crazy dialed in.

Lol ya he is natty. Creatine is as far as he will go. He is a big fan of the Muscle Replenisher though :yup:
I'm a fan too. Sure he's not on that cell tech hardcore series??? :lmao:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Going to bed now..

H
Allergic to gluten, eh? At least they finally figured it out. I'm so glad to hear you're better now.

There are lots of gluten-free products out there now. Enjoy the good eats!!:yup:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol no joke he has that ish. That is how I know he is natty. If you still take MT bs you dont juice lol.
You mean Jay Cutler, Dexter Jackson and Branch Warren don't juice??!! :blink:

Wow.....I would have never thunk it. :laugh2:

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Going to bed now..

H
Gluten allergy. My co-worker's boys have it. There are lots of food options now that are gluten free, and they can enjoy a totally normal life. They bring their own pizza and cupcakes when they go to birthday parties, like at Chuckie Cheese.

Try looking up gluten-free on Amazon or Netrition, they have lots of good choices and are the cheapest I've seen for the variety.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i tried those seated db snatches today-just the kinda ish i am looking for. really focusing on lats/delt and smaller waist.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would have added more but I tire of defending my nutrition beliefs and when I state them I usually end up getting questioned by people whose sole goal is to try and prove me wrong rather then genuinely wanting to know more about it, also I didn't want to detract from your log too much and spark up a nutrition conversation but I will say in regards to health i.e inflammation and allergies, Paleo diet is the way to go. I was going to suggest it earlier when she commented on being unable to hold food down and suggest perhaps it was an allergy, refluxing or throwing up is a common symptom of a someone who cant handle a certain macronutrient or micronutrient, but when she said she was under medical supervision I refrained

Anyway TC I wish you the best and if you have any questions or are interested in the paleo diet feel free to PM me. Good luck

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established

Def let me know what you think.

Ya that stuff pisses me off, but not so much at this gym. Because it isnt set up to be organized by ascending order. But seriously put your damn weights up. Even if it is a bitch ass 405 on deadlifts and you have to drop it like a punk ass because you are week. Oh ya and he has his girl using the squat bar(extra thick) and Im pretty sure she was using straps :ponder:

Well when I say wanna be bodybuilders I mean the douchebag character the general public thinks about. Actually have a few bodybuilders in my gym. Look up the name Martin Daniels. He was in there for a while, but he is military so havent seen him around much lately. Haha I wish I could have a beard to scare people away. I have a shaggy head(might get a pic up), but that seems to endear me to people. Old people talking to me left and right :grumpy:

I am the same way. No talking to the females at the gym. Although back when I was at the FC I would go talk to my sister if her friend was hot lol. Kind of mindfacks them when Pam's little brother pulls 600 pounds off the ground lol.

Oh ya and this is my friend Matt who is natural.

UMMM MATT IS HOT :)..wow:32:

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Gluten allergy. My co-worker's boys have it. There are lots of food options now that are gluten free, and they can enjoy a totally normal life. They bring their own pizza and cupcakes when they go to birthday parties, like at Chuckie Cheese.

Try looking up gluten-free on Amazon or Netrition, they have lots of good choices and are the cheapest I've seen for the variety.
thanks, will look into it, so far not liking this at all.....

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You mean Jay Cutler, Dexter Jackson and Branch Warren don't juice??!! :blink:

Wow.....I would have never thunk it. :laugh2:
Lol I wish the ass hole smiley worked right now.

strong lifts in here
Thanks man hopefully they get stronger. After a certain strength level is acquired I might switch over to more of a bodybuilding routine. Strength is nice, but Im not even going to lie I want to look good :firedevil:

i tried those seated db snatches today-just the kinda ish i am looking for. really focusing on lats/delt and smaller waist.
Glad I could help bring them to your attention. Great reason to follow other people's logs find new stuff.

I would have added more but I tire of defending my nutrition beliefs and when I state them I usually end up getting questioned by people whose sole goal is to try and prove me wrong rather then genuinely wanting to know more about it, also I didn't want to detract from your log too much and spark up a nutrition conversation but I will say in regards to health i.e inflammation and allergies, Paleo diet is the way to go. I was going to suggest it earlier when she commented on being unable to hold food down and suggest perhaps it was an allergy, refluxing or throwing up is a common symptom of a someone who cant handle a certain macronutrient or micronutrient, but when she said she was under medical supervision I didnt suggest it.

Anyway TC I wish you the best and if you have any questions or are interested in the paleo diet feel free to PM me. Good luck
Ehh its ok especially since it is to help a friend out. If people want to argue nutrition they can go to the nutrition section.

UMMM MATT IS HOT :)..wow:32:
Lol Idk but I had a feeling you would comment about that pic. He is a good friend just needs to man up and start lifting again.

Although to be honest I think I might stick to lifting by myself unless I find someone to lift with who is down the same path as me. Hard as hell to find someone with goals of 600/400/700. And to make it worse when I get there I want to switch to bodybuilding mode.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Work with me here because it is a big jumbled up mess lol.
Workout

Standing BB curls
60*15,90*10,100*8,110*6
Then a strip set 80*10,60*11,40*13

Seated DB curls
20*12,30*10,40*6,35*6
strip set 30*10,20*12,12*12
pitiful I know lol

smith close grip bench
105*15,155*12,175*7,185*4
felt off and felt my chest way too much anyway.

Overhead tricep ext superset with Cable reverse tricep ext with thick bar
200*8,7 180*7,7
70*12,13,14,15

Deadlifter5

Deadlifter5

Awards
Hard as hell to find someone with goals of 600/400/700. And to make it worse when I get there I want to switch to bodybuilding mode.
That's a sweet goal, I also wish I could train with someone with such high goals. May I ask if you compete?

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's a sweet goal, I also wish I could train with someone with such high goals. May I ask if you compete?
Well Id like to think I was damn close at one point. Squat is who knows where. Box squatted a good bit, but I think the box was too high. Getting to 600 would just be an added bonus not requirement. Bench was probably 380ish at its high point. Deadlift was 675 at my high point. Definitely not at this level right now though.

No I have never competed. Never even tried using knee wraps. Didnt use a belt consistantly till about August last year. Thought about it and definitely had a few people tell me I should.

Deadlifter5

Deadlifter5

Awards
Well Id like to think I was damn close at one point. Squat is who knows where. Box squatted a good bit, but I think the box was too high. Getting to 600 would just be an added bonus not requirement. Bench was probably 380ish at its high point. Deadlift was 675 at my high point. Definitely not at this level right now though.

No I have never competed. Never even tried using knee wraps. Didnt use a belt consistantly till about August last year. Thought about it and definitely had a few people tell me I should.
That's impressive man, definitely worth considering a competition or two. PS you don't need knee wraps or belt to lift!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's impressive man, definitely worth considering a competition or two. PS you don't need knee wraps or belt to lift!
Ya just have to find one that I meet qualifications for. Stupid GA sucks for powerlifting. Plus every raw organization also seems to want you to be natty too.

Haha I know but apparently knee wraps help with squats and that is def my achilles heal :yup:

Deadlifter5

Deadlifter5

Awards
Ya just have to find one that I meet qualifications for. Stupid GA sucks for powerlifting. Plus every raw organization also seems to want you to be natty too.

Haha I know but apparently knee wraps help with squats and that is def my achilles heal :yup:
Then lift against the equiped guys! :veryhappy:

Up here in Canada there isn't a raw fed in province so I gotta compete against the geared guys, its not that bad really. Especially with the Deadlift, suits don't add much to it.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks man hopefully they get stronger. After a certain strength level is acquired I might switch over to more of a bodybuilding routine. Strength is nice, but Im not even going to lie I want to look good :firedevil:.
You don't have to sacrifice one for the other. It doesn't have to be either/or. You can have the best of both worlds. Stength and a lean physique should be synonymous and go hand in hand.

Think Franco Colombu, Stan Efferding and Johnnie Jackson.

All are incredibly strong and have lean muscular physiques.

Oh.......and that Thundergod dude is kinda strong and lean too. :p

You know you like it like this:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You don't have to sacrifice one for the other. It doesn't have to be either/or. You can have the best of both worlds. Stength and a lean physique should be synonymous and go hand in hand.
^^^Agreed.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Things are looking good, Tom. Keep it up.

And Happy Easter :cool2:

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established

Sweet Video !!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Then lift against the equiped guys! :veryhappy:

Up here in Canada there isn't a raw fed in province so I gotta compete against the geared guys, its not that bad really. Especially with the Deadlift, suits don't add much to it.
Ya I plan on it. There really arent as much PL comps in GA. Just need to go ahead and sign up for one so I dont have an excuse.

Haha I know bud, but I am saying my focus would change a bit. Of course I would still do the big 3. Just use them a little differently that is all.

Things are looking good, Tom. Keep it up.

And Happy Easter :cool2:
Thanks man Im trying to fight this fatass.

Sweet Video !!
Ya definitely worked for the motivation. DEADLIFTS TOMORROW!

Later I will post my Andrew like meal lol. (I will post it on the next page)

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
happy easter, although it's over now, nothing like watching your family eat while you sit by and watch..:( damn allergy

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
happy easter, although it's over now, nothing like watching your family eat while you sit by and watch..:( damn allergy
That sucks Heidi hopefully you can find some stuff to eat that you like.

Sorry to do this to you Heidi.

Ok so this is what I ate today/meal

Rack of sweet ribs
pound of spicy pulled pork
6oz of corn bread
6 chocolate chip cookies

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Rack of sweet ribs
6oz of corn bread
6 chocolate chip cookies
Okay.....since you're gonna be brutally honest......here's my cheat meal from yesterday:

12 ounces grilled loin
2 grilled beef burger patties
6 ounces grilled potatoes
banana pudding
a little chocolate

Time to work it all off now. :yup:

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Rack of sweet ribs
6oz of corn bread
6 chocolate chip cookies
I hate you...and I want that. :lol:

Curse all of you and your working thyroids / metabolisms!!! haha

On another note, I saw a "Chex" commercial last night and they were talking about how 5 of their cereals are all gluten free. Sometimes you have to look for it, and it's not as readily available, but it seems that there are a lot more options out there today that allow a less restricted diet when it comes to the gluten intolerance.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Rack of sweet ribs
6oz of corn bread
6 chocolate chip cookies
Good gawd that sounds good!!!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay.....since you're gonna be brutally honest......here's my cheat meal from yesterday:

12 ounces grilled loin
2 grilled beef burger patties
6 ounces grilled potatoes
banana pudding
a little chocolate

Time to work it all off now. :yup:
Nice that sounds great too. I wish I would have had some chocolate :lol:

I hate you...and I want that. :lol:

Curse all of you and your working thyroids / metabolisms!!! haha
Lol man it was so good. Hopefully they figure out whats wrong with you soon.

Good gawd that sounds good!!!
I didnt plan on getting all of it, but when I saw it I knew I had to :32:

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Was on another board and started thinking about training partners. Trying to find a balance. Because in my experience weaker training partners are good because they shut up and train. They will do what you put in front of them because they want to get on your level. Just harder to get a push from them plus the changing of weights can be annoying. Strong/er training partners are less flexible and less likely to want to change up their routine(myself included at times). Great to get a "competition" going though.

So I was comparing my workout partners of the past. My friend Mario probably has to be the best training partner. He was strong and willing to try new routines. Plus a high energy guy, hard not to have a great workout when the guy next to you is putting everything he has into every set. So I called him up and hopefully mid June we will start working out together again. By then my strength should be back to full force.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've never had or depended on a training partner. They never show up or just won't keep up and train as intense as me. So I said EFF it. Beast trains alone. I plug in my mp3 player(usually as i lay dying, all that remains, amon amarth) and do work. :head:

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Beast trains alone.
Darn right!

We don't deserve our name if that's not the case :yup:

I trained with people in HS for baseball and a little bit in college. Then I had people tagging along with me, trying to do what I do, but I don't find the use for a partner. I'm very picky about my timing and I don't like extra rest and in my experience people have been unreliable. The only thing I ever want is someone else competent in the gym, doing his own workout, that I can steal for a spot every once in a while (and I do the same).

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Darn right!

We don't deserve our name if that's not the case :yup:

I trained with people in HS for baseball and a little bit in college. Then I had people tagging along with me, trying to do what I do, but I don't find the use for a partner. I'm very picky about my timing and I don't like extra rest and in my experience people have been unreliable. The only thing I ever want is someone else competent in the gym, doing his own workout, that I can steal for a spot every once in a while (and I do the same).
Yup, there's a few guys around when I go that i trust for a good spot. That's all I need.