Prayer Request Thread

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm, interesting statement from a new member.
In all honesty, we all know that Stallion and Broodstar are one in the same. ;)

Dr. D - stop being so cool. ;) Love you, man.
Ya think?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Guys, I'm requesting prayer for a man who lost a grandchild recently. He's hurting and could use some compassionate prayers. Thanks in advance and God bless.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Guys, I'm requesting prayer for a man who lost a grandchild recently. He's hurting and could use some compassionate prayers. Thanks in advance and God bless.
That is terrible. I hope this helps:
Heavenly father, in my present need, help me to believe that you are aware of my pain, and that you will do what is best for me. Give me the strength to trust in you, and to put this i fear in your hands. Grant this through CHRIST, our savior. I am very sorry for his loss, I can only hope, that he finds solace and comfort in the arms of family friends, and GOD. GOD Bless and find strength.

BeBig

BeBig

Awards
  • Established
Heavenly father, in my present need, help me to believe that you are aware of my pain, and that you will do what is best for me. Give me the strength to trust in you, and to put this i fear in your hands. Grant this through CHRIST, our savior. I am very sorry for his loss, I can only hope, that he finds solace and comfort in the arms of family friends, and GOD. GOD Bless and find strength.
Well said I agree...^^^

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very nice dedlifter..

I also want to thank everyone for there kind words, great news came today. Everything went great with my mother. The doctors are almost 100% they removed the cancer from her. All of her test came back showing no other signs of it spreading. She is out of surgery and recovering just fine. Thanks for everyone saying a prayer for her and your support:thumbsup:

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Very nice dedlifter..

I also want to thank everyone for there kind words, great news came today. Everything went great with my mother. The doctors are almost 100% they removed the cancer from her. All of her test came back showing no other signs of it spreading. She is out of surgery and recovering just fine. Thanks for everyone saying a prayer for her and your support:thumbsup:
Glory to God, bro use this as a testimony to others, look more God. Let God be the one to use in every step of the way, this is something beautiful and special. God has something for your family bro.

BeBig

BeBig

Awards
  • Established
Very nice dedlifter..

Good deal bro...thanks for not telling me though...j/k its all good glad everything is lookin up...to the LORD...:usa1:

Str8Jacked

Str8Jacked

Awards
Mark 9:23..........If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.

Str8Jacked

Str8Jacked

Awards
Phil 4:13...........I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I just wanted to tell you all that my daughter reached out to me this week. I sent her an email on Easter, and she responded - suggesting we meet for lunch. We met for lunch on Wednesday. It was very nice, very safe. Except for a few very dreadful counseling sessions (her counselor coddles her, a 16 year old, as if she is a 6 year old), this was the 2nd time I've seen my daughter since September 2007. Her mother had so poisoned her against me, that she is just now starting to warm up.

When we left lunch on Wednesday, she hugged me. That was the first hug I've had from her in about 2 years. She also asked me to attend her counseling, and suggested that we meet again very soon for dinner.

None of this could have happened unless and until I took my hands off of the steering wheel and gave it to God.

I did not expect her to hug me. I was stunned.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thank you!!

BeBig

BeBig

Awards
  • Established
I just wanted to tell you all that my daughter reached out to me this week. I sent her an email on Easter, and she responded - suggesting we meet for lunch. We met for lunch on Wednesday. It was very nice, very safe. Except for a few very dreadful counseling sessions (her counselor coddles her, a 16 year old, as if she is a 6 year old), this was the 2nd time I've seen my daughter since September 2007. Her mother had so poisoned her against me, that she is just now starting to warm up.

When we left lunch on Wednesday, she hugged me. That was the first hug I've had from her in about 2 years. She also asked me to attend her counseling, and suggested that we meet again very soon for dinner.

None of this could have happened unless and until I took my hands off of the steering wheel and gave it to God.

This is awesome I am so happy for you....and I don't even know you I got a little choked up reading your post...God works in mysterious ways....:wave2:

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
This is awesome I am so happy for you....and I don't even know you I got a little choked up reading your post...God works in mysterious ways....:wave2:
Yes he does!

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
"his miracles to preform" I hear so many people say that there arent any miracles anymore. I say miracles are all around us, you just have to look through the right eyes.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Agreed.
I hope all is well with everyone that is real at heart.
Brothers, many of you are going through uncertain times it seems. Me too. These are cycles of life, and major "defining moments" mark these times. We all remember these kinds of moments, turning points in our life. I believe we are in one of those times.

Circumstances are bringing opportunities to make quality decisions, decisions that determine (and perhaps even change) our destiny. Defining moments are points in time when our choices have greater and more powerful consequences. They literally shape our lives. How do we recognize and discern these times? These are times of discovery, when the light of revelation comes, and events change the course of our lives forever. You will know. It is important that we distinguish the will of God (from our own and others) and move in the path that will be most beneficial to us in light of His purposes and our destiny. Times of definition will be present in areas of work, business, ministry, relationships, financial decisions, and plans for the future. Our choices are taking on unusual significance, so be aware! We must consider our motives (be honest with yourself) and choose God every time. That's crucial. Choose life, righteousness, truth, justice, peace, love and generosity, etc.. Reject envy, greed and things that make you compromise. Trust God to show you the next step. Do not be moved by assumptions, pride and over-confidence, rather than by the Spirit of the Lord. Windows of opportunity are about to close.

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. - Philippians 4:6-7

Keep back Your servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me. Then I shall be blameless, and I shall be innocent of great transgression. - Psalms 19:13

Don't miss your destiny! When you feel that God is giving you the play, be ready to move and don't miss the snap. We are in the snap count (I wouldn't say it if I didn't believe it.) Be vigil and be ready to run your route as soon as the ball gets snapped.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. - Philippians 4:6-7
Oh my gosh - has this been something I've had to read and re-read time and time again. Guilt and worry accomplish nothing; faith and optimism must be used in their place. "and the peace of God ... will gurad your hearts through Christ Jesus". When we let go and "let God", an ovewrwhelming sense of peace usually results.

Thanks, Dr. D.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
I would like to request prayer my friends...

A very good friend of mine, recently fell off the wagon after two years of sobriety. He is in a very dark place right now and I am very afraid for him. He has a strong faith, though I feel as if it may be falling to the wayside. He is involved with crack-cocain, and his wife just filed for divorce. This has all transpired over the last two days! Needless to say, he could really use a few extra prayers for him. Thank you in advance, GOD bless.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
... Guilt and worry accomplish nothing; faith and optimism must be used in their place. "and the peace of God ... will gurad your hearts through Christ Jesus". When we let go and "let God", an ovewrwhelming sense of peace usually results. ...
So simple, yet profoundly true.

Please keep praying my friend.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established

A very good friend of mine, recently fell off the wagon after two years of sobriety. He is in a very dark place right now and I am very afraid for him. He has a strong faith, though I feel as if it may be falling to the wayside. He is involved with crack-cocain, and his wife just filed for divorce. This has all transpired over the last two days! Needless to say, he could really use a few extra prayers for him. Thank you in advance, GOD bless.
He has fallen into a dark trap indeed. He is in our prayers brother.

God bless.

BeBig

BeBig

Awards
  • Established

Done!!!

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Seems like he could use a real good friend also, ... a prayer will go out to him.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Thank you everyone for the responses, and so quickly. Im trying to remind him that his life is not over, GOD saved him before and he will do it again as long as he does his part. GOD does not render us white as snow without our cooperation.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have a prayer request, as well as a praise to God; and both for the same thing.

This AM, at 2:10, my brother Paul died. He suffered from terminal cancer for 4 months.

The prayer request is for his wife, daughter and son, and also my mother, brother and sister.

The praise to God is that Paul did not have to suffer anymore, or undergo another chemotherapy. It was very hard to see that. And for the first time ever, I saw fear and hurt in his eyes.

I am so very glad I could be a source of comfort to him; however small it may have been.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
I have a prayer request, as well as a praise to God; and both for the same thing.

This AM, at 2:10, my brother Paul died. He suffered from terminal cancer for 4 months.

The prayer request is for his wife, daughter and son, and also my mother, brother and sister.

The praise to God is that Paul did not have to suffer anymore, or undergo another chemotherapy. It was very hard to see that. And for the first time ever, I saw fear and hurt in his eyes.

I am so very glad I could be a source of comfort to him; however small it may have been.
I am so sorry to hear that. I will keep your family in my prayers.

BeBig

BeBig

Awards
  • Established

So sorry for your loss. I will pray for you all...

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Beau - my prayers are with you and your family. I am sorry to hear about your loss; I pray that you and your family have strength during this time of greif.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thank you to those who have reached out to me, or offered prayers for my family. Its so odd to be able to stand emotionally vulnerable before a group of people I do not know in the traditional "personal friendship" sense - yet that is exactly what you've allowed me to do. I thank you for that.

Death of a family member is a fairly introspective event. If we seize the opportunity, it affords a chance to look at our blessings with a much larger (than normal) perspective.

For me, the last two years have included the discovery of my (now) ex-wife's adulterous relationship, a divorce, a rapidly changing and stressful work environment, separation from/by my daughter, dealing with the emotional stress my sons' faced due to their mother's actions and lies, financial debt (from having to put my sons' education on credit cards and the costs of divorce), refinancing my house to buy my ex-wife out of it, and on and on. And that also includes a great amount of healing with my sons, a budding re-unification with my daughter, making steady progress to recover financially, and me meeting the most Godly woman I've ever met, and continuing to enjoy an equally yoked type of relationship. We've been dating for almost 18 months.

And from all that - I realize how truly blessed I am.

Andy G

Andy G

Awards

Done. Crack is nasty, nasty stuff. Through the Grace of God, I have managed to stay clean and sober for over 4 years now, and life has never been better. Please tell your friend miracles happen everyday. I'd love to talk with him when he's ready. It sounds like he's experienced the miracle before, just didn't follow through perhaps, I don't know. Anyway, prayer's are out for him...

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
... Its so odd to be able to stand emotionally vulnerable before a group of people I do not know in the traditional "personal friendship" sense - yet that is exactly what you've allowed me to do. I thank you for that. ...
Believers are family members in eternity. ;)

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Done. Crack is nasty, nasty stuff. Through the Grace of God, I have managed to stay clean and sober for over 4 years now, and life has never been better. Please tell your friend miracles happen everyday. I'd love to talk with him when he's ready. It sounds like he's experienced the miracle before, just didn't follow through perhaps, I don't know. Anyway, prayer's are out for him...
Your a strong prayer warrior and a sincere counselor, Andy. A man like you can bring God much glory, serving others by the testimony of your victory. Blessed is the man who overcomes!

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Our enemy tries to hold us down with false fear, doubt , guilt, etc.. It makes us hesitate, and that is our downfall many times. Don't get distracted and miss your window of opportunity!

You may have stumbled recently, but perfection is not the requisite for blessing. God rewards those who diligently seek Him. He rewards those that choose not to quit. God can take our worst yesterdays to bring the greatest blessings tomorrow, if you just keep seeking Truth.

The more ways you can look at your situation, the better able you are to discern your life lessons with clarity, so don't be afraid to really look at your circumstances and make any necessary adjustments. Be honest with yourself.

Unless the LORD had been my help, my soul would soon have settled in silence. If I say, "My foot slips," Your mercy, O LORD, will hold me up. In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul. - Psalm 94:17-19

Our prayers are exponentially magnified when we focus them as one, and we grow stronger individually as we pour ourselves out for our brothers. Don't be vulnerable standing alone, weave your prayers with others who really care. I am praying for all of you in this thread, and I thank God for the power of those conjoined prayers!

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I will submit and issue for prayer. My life lol. Between my 35k of debt, being jobless, having my teeth fall apart(painful) with no insurance. I could use a lil extra prayer.

It is possible I am actually suffering from depression, even though I never let myself think so. Today I didnt answer the phone when anyone called. And it occurred I been doing this for a week. There is just no energy left to face anything or to start anything, or to even care anymore. I am still content. I smile, I try to have that thing called hope.

But at the same time if some one tried to shoot me, i duno if I would really try to avoid it...

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
I will submit and issue for prayer. My life lol. Between my 35k of debt, being jobless, having my teeth fall apart(painful) with no insurance. I could use a lil extra prayer.

It is possible I am actually suffering from depression, even though I never let myself think so. Today I didnt answer the phone when anyone called. And it occurred I been doing this for a week. There is just no energy left to face anything or to start anything, or to even care anymore. I am still content. I smile, I try to have that thing called hope.

But at the same time if some one tried to shoot me, i duno if I would really try to avoid it...
Although it may seem at times, that God is not present, remember 1 thing; at any given moment in your life you have experienced pain, that was reletive to the pain you are expriencing now. You will experience trials greater than these in the future. God delivered you then, he will see you through now, and will carry you in the future. Look up.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Thank you too everyone for just being yourselves. I've been talking to my buddy, he is now homeless, but clean for the time being. He is falling into the dangerous trap of blaming others for his relapse, such as his wife (who is also in recovery). I'm trying to tell him he is better than that, and he needs to be accountable for his own actions. She did not put the pipe in his hand. Keep him in your prayers. I fear i will call his phone, and it will be turned off and i will never see him again. It is hard for me to see.

BeBig

BeBig

Awards
  • Established

I will pray for you my brother in lifting...Stay strong God can do anything...:wave2:

SVT01

Awards
good thread

i just got in got a call from my mother about 2 hours ago that my grandma had fallen and she was sick....so fearing the worst i jumped in my truck and flew over there as fast as i could....luckily she seems to be ok just said she bumped her head and her knee was hurting her cuz thats what she fell on....paramedics came and checked her out to be sure.....its not the first time its happened and it always scares me when i hear stuff like this.....she is ok but if everyone could keep her in your thoughts that would be awesome.

and my prayers out to everyone and their families in this thread that have asked for our reflection.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
A little help, guys: As most of you know, my friend and I were involved in a pretty nasty rollover accident while Off-Roading this past weekend (Sunday).
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/119625-omega-ultima-rangers-15.html#post1939979

I didn't get hurt or injured to an extent that it's even worth complaining about; however, my friend isn't so lucky. He has a broken collarbone and what we all thought was just a Grade 2 Concussion. Well, the Doctor's are performing an emergency surgery this morning. Apparently, he has some pressure built up in his head from blood-seepage from some form of the bruising inside his cranium. The Doctor's are confident that it will alleviate the problem without any repercussions, but I always err to the side of caution.
If you guys have a moment today, please say a prayer for Bradley Santos. He is a dear friend of mine. Thank you all.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
A little help, guys: As most of you know, my friend and I were involved in a pretty nasty rollover accident while Off-Roading this past weekend (Sunday).
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/119625-omega-ultima-rangers-15.html#post1939979

I didn't get hurt or injured to an extent that it's even worth complaining about; however, my friend isn't so lucky. He has a broken collarbone and what we all thought was just a Grade 2 Concussion. Well, the Doctor's are performing an emergency surgery this morning. Apparently, he has some pressure built up in his head from blood-seepage from some form of the bruising inside his cranium. The Doctor's are confident that it will alleviate the problem without any repercussions, but I always err to the side of caution.
If you guys have a moment today, please say a prayer for Bradley Santos. He is a dear friend of mine. Thank you all.
Done

Andy G

Andy G

Awards
I'm going to pray for Brandley Santos & Zero V now. It's gotta be in the bathroom though, as I am at work. Have God, will travel.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Prayers sent.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established

Wow, as a father of a daughter going on 14, this breaks my heart. I cherish my relationship with my daughter and son and that would kill me. Prayers sent to you on this situation.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Update: Surgery is complete; Bradley is in good condition in the IC Unit. The Doctor's say he will make a full recovery barring any infections/etc. Thanks for the prayers and thoughts, now let's just pray and hope for a fast recovery. He is a great guy that is one hell of a Police Officer and whom recently was picked up for the SWAT Team (Long Range Sniper). I pray that this will not adversly affect that, for it was a career goal for him.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Update: Surgery is complete; Bradley is in good condition in the IC Unit. The Doctor's say he will make a full recovery barring any infections/etc. Thanks for the prayers and thoughts, now let's just pray and hope for a fast recovery. He is a great guy that is one hell of a Police Officer and whom recently was picked up for the SWAT Team (Long Range Sniper). I pray that this will not adversly affect that, for it was a career goal for him.
Keep the faith... more prayers said.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Got here a little late, I will say a special prayer for you buddy during his recovery..

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My father, Ken, just finished six weeks of radiation therapy (thirty sessions) for very aggressive prostate cancer. His prostate was removed, but not before the cancer spread. We have to wait about three months before we will find out if the cancer has gone into remission.

Thank you to all of you who keep my father in your prayers.
I want to bump this and thank everybody who kept us in their prayers. Only months ago my father was diagnosed with prostate cancer and was told that it was terminal (unusual from what I've read, but this type was extremely aggressive). We were fortunate to be in an area in which some state of the art and cutting edge technology was available for my father's treatments.

We were just told that the initial tests came back negative. We have one more test in about three months and then testing should be about every two years after that!!!