Official AM Prayer Line

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Official AM Prayer Line

No matter what religion you practice, or even if you don’t, one constant still remains – The power of group. You may not agree, nor do I expect you to, but this should be the one place to come and open up about things that may be lying heavy on your heart, or to share praise and understanding for your fellow brother or sister. Let us open the way for healing.

If you need a Prayer said for you, your family, friends, or anything that may be binding you to a void – please feel free to share. This is a safe haven for internal health and healing. I mean come on, an extra Prayer can’t hurt!

May peace be with you all!

"Let your light shine before men so that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in Heaven."
- Matthew 5:16

I’ll start it off… I hope you all hold a special place in your heart and in your prayers for the brave men and women that serve this country at home and away. Service to mankind is and will always be the greatest sacrifice one can make.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
What if I'm too selfish to pray for others?

size

Awards
  • Established
Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
Saint Augustine

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
What if I'm too selfish to pray for others?
Come on Doc, a prayer only takes a few minutes :nutkick:

I usually pray for my health and the health of my friends and family. We've been pretty fortunate so far :)

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
Come on Doc, a prayer only takes a few minutes :nutkick:

I usually pray for my health and the health of my friends and family. We've been pretty fortunate so far :)
lol Actually that was kind of joke on my part. I'm agnostic...but I pray. Maybe I'm a Jack-Agnostic.

At any rate I do pray, for myself, for money as its the only thing I find lacking in my own life.

And I do pray for others. Right now I have my girlfriend, and our unborn baby in my thoughts. Her health and well being, and the kid too. Then I also have the 3 of us and where we need to be in another 4-5 months.

Then I pray for money again.

Rinse.

Repeat.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
PackenWood - Congrats on the baby, although unborn - I will pray for your babies health. Congtrats again bro!

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
PackenWood - Congrats on the baby, although unborn - I will pray for your babies health. Congtrats again bro!
Thank you.

So far everything is going great. The only real drawback is getting my girl on state insurance, and me finding a house that will be suitable for us to live in for the next 5-10 years.

She was fired from her job, sold her townhouse and between the agents and the mortgage company screwing her she made almost no $ on it.

We moved her into an apartment, and just as she started collecting unemployment she found out she was pregnant.

All of this happened within about 2 weeks time.

Fortunately for me I have living arrangements right now that allows me to save over 75% of my check so I help her out on her apartment rent and food while I'm trying to save up around $20K for a down payment on some new digs.

The kind words of congratulations mean as much to me as a thought or prayer, so thank you again.:squat:

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This may be the case for some - but for myself, I listen and feel as if I do what God puts in to my heart. Some of us in this self-absorbed world can put God's words in to action... It's a matter of knowing the difference between what you want, and what God wants from us.

A lot of people spend large amounts of time asking God for this, or asking God for that, lots of asking going on. The thing is, how often to people do what God wants ? People always are up for asking God for something, but when he asks for something from us, no one ever wants to do anything.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
This may be the case for some - but for myself, I listen and feel as if I do what God puts in to my heart. Some of us in this self-absorbed world can put God's words in to action... It's a matter of knowing the difference between what you want, and what God wants from us.
Absolutely, I agree. Last weekend, I was hanging out with a friend and he was going on and on about some of his personal issues which were actually fairly significant.

He's what I would call a 'Part-time Christian'.

so I started asking him some questions:

-Do you read the bible ? -No

-Do you help out at your church and do volunteer work/charity work ? -No

-Do you donate part of your salary to help with your Church's projects/funds ? -No

-Do you even go to Church ? -No

etc, etc, etc....you get the idea.

I do not mean to minimize or cheapen anyones struggles or sufferings, however, a lot of people, Christians/non-Christians, are extremely self-absorbant and do not even give a second thought about what God might want. Usually they just have a grocery list of what they want God to do.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
feel free to drop in at any time 'The Sinner' and shed some light here. You are the only one I know off the top of my head who also practices. (I'm sure there are others as well.)

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Of course - that's the Sin that lives in each person. Luckily for us, God knew this before hand. God did not want robots, that's why we have free will, so God can see what path each of us will follow.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
Not to get too far off track, but I thought one of the concepts of 'god' was that he was omnipotent. Anything he could ever need he would have, ipso facto, he's happy ad infinitum.

Or am I thinking of someone else?

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Not to get too far off track, but I thought one of the concepts of 'god' was that he was omnipotent. Anything he could ever need he would have, ipso facto, he's happy ad infinitum.

Or am I thinking of someone else?
Well, for one, humans were God's creation. We also know that he does not like sin. So within the aspect of 'sin', no God is not happy about that within all sin's aspects. If you see someone who is physically disabled and homeless on the road, yes, God could help that person in probably any way possible.

However, it is done through humans. The person God sends to help is able (or may choose not to) give a gift of generosity to help another person. In the same respect, the person in need recieves someone else's graces. There is more than just the God->person interaction solely, but how we choose to act towards others as well.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
Well, for one, humans were God's creation. We also know that he does not like sin. So within the aspect of 'sin', no God is not happy about that within all sin's aspects. If you see someone who is physically disabled and homeless on the road, yes, God could help that person in probably any way possible.

However, it is done through humans. The person God sends to help is able (or may choose not to) give a gift of generosity to help another person. In the same respect, the person in need recieves someone else's graces. There is more than just the God->person interaction solely, but how we choose to act towards others as well.
K. I actually think I get what you are saying.

I think.

10 let God$ = α+Ω
20 let human$ = 0
30 input God$ ?"Is God Happy?"
40 if God$ = "yes" then line 60
50 if God$ = "no" then line 70
60 gosub line 10
70 ?"BE GOOD!"
80 if human$ = "ok" then gosub line 10
90 if human$ = "no" then goto 100
100 print"IM ANGRY! I SAID BE GOOD!"
110 goto line 10

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I hope that all find comfort in the fact that aging is a gift, time is relative to your relatives. Your age is representative of the sum of your actions and today is one more step towards perfection. I pray/hope/wish that people stop killing people to teach people that killing people is wrong. Use love and your own pain to heal the sadness in others. We all have godly abilities, we all have the keys to "heaven" and i wish we used our lifetime to continually grow, feel, teach and nurture human lives. I love you regaurless of your problems history and where on the map you live. No matter what you subcribe to, what your beliefs are, i hope they make you happy and act as a vehicle for peace and happiness for all.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Listen, this is going from a Prayer thread, to something completely different...

Let's keep this on point, please.