Prayer Request Thread

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
I want to bump this and thank everybody who kept us in their prayers. Only months ago my father was diagnosed with prostate cancer and was told that it was terminal (unusual from what I've read, but this type was extremely aggressive). We were fortunate to be in an area in which some state of the art and cutting edge technology was available for my father's treatments.

We were just told that the initial tests came back negative. We have one more test in about three months and then testing should be about every two years after that!!!
Know that all things are possible through God, and your father shall be healed. I will put your father in deep prayer, God still performsmiracles, just know and confide in him.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
.....she is ok but if everyone could keep her in your thoughts that would be awesome.

and my prayers out to everyone and their families in this thread that have asked for our reflection.
Yes, she's in our thoughts brother, and you as well. God bless (and keep praying!)

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Update: Surgery is complete; Bradley is in good condition in the IC Unit. The Doctor's say he will make a full recovery barring any infections/etc. Thanks for the prayers and thoughts, now let's just pray and hope for a fast recovery. He is a great guy that is one hell of a Police Officer and whom recently was picked up for the SWAT Team (Long Range Sniper). I pray that this will not adversly affect that, for it was a career goal for him.
I am glad your friend is well iron, i will pray that he reaches his goal! Keep in mind, GOD did not bring him this far, just to let him fail now. I hope his rehabilitation is quick and comprehensive, and is back in uniform as soon as possible. GOD bless you all.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Update: Bradley is awake and in good spirits today. He actually called me at 0300 this morning and said, "Hey, are you awake?"
I said, "I am now, f*cker!"
He said, "Good, I'm starving, bring me something to eat."
I laughed, and told him that I would. So I hooked him up with his favorite late-night meal - Waffle House. ;)
He is doing better, and seems to be ready to be released; however, the Doctor isn't going to let him go until no sooner than Friday.

Thanks for your prayers; he and I appreciate them more than you know.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
Update: Bradley is awake and in good spirits today. He actually called me at 0300 this morning and said, "Hey, are you awake?"
I laughed, and told him that I would. So I hooked him up with his favorite late-night meal - Waffle House. ;)
He is doing better, and seems to be ready to be released; however, the Doctor isn't going to let him go until no sooner than Friday.

Man that is awesome that you two are that close. Real friends are hard to find.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Nice to hear, my friend. I am glad he is doing well. He should be in no hurry to leave before he is duly discharged. No AWOL, here! By the way, you brought him an entire house made of waffles? :bandit:

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I've known since he and I were in the 3rd grade. We got into a fight and gave each other a bloody nose and a black eye. The next day we were best friends. :D
D, if you called me up from the Hospital and told me you were hungry, I would make sure you had food in your stomach within an hour. ;)
Man that is awesome that you two are that close. Real friends are hard to find.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nice to hear, my friend. I am glad he is doing well. He should be in no hurry to leave before he is duly discharged. No AWOL, here! By the way, you brought him an entire house made of waffles? :bandit:
Yes, Ike, an entire house made of waffles. Jealous? :D

I'm sure there are TONS of people that know what I mean about the late-night cravings of The Waffle House. Except, he wasn't drunk this time, just loopy because of the pain medicine.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

hahaha Thats a friend right there! glads hes in good spirits and recovering well. Waffle house at 0300!, dam i miss that place.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established

Excellent news indeed!! Waffles sound delicious. Im glad that worked out, and so quickly. God is great.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Awesome, good to hear everything is good with Bradley.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Update: He continues to improve. He is no longer in the IC Unit. He requested a private room, but they put him in a double. I had my wife talk to the people she knows there and they moved him into a private room. Luckily, my wife is well known and highly respected for her job accomplishments, as well as the Volunteer work that her and I do.
Bradley didn't even remember Sunday after the accident. Him and I talked for a good 30 minutes waiting on the Emergency Crew to arrive. Seeing how we were so far out in the rocky portions of Pine Mountain, it took them a while to locate the wreck. I kept him talking and alert while making sure he didn't move his neck (held C-Spine in place and checked his grip and eye movement/response). Because of the excellent Combat Med courses that I took, I was able to do these things without thought. We talked about several things that are of extreme importance to both of us (a business him and I are in the process of working on), yet he only remembers me saying, "Hold your d*ck, I'm trying cut the harness f*cker!" And no, I didn't mean for him to actually hold it, it's a saying that I picked up from my DS a few moons ago. I am so grateful that he is doing well; I can't imagine my life without him. The whole time I was trying to learn to walk again and with my new hardware, he was always there pushing me and making sure I didn't quit. I will do the same for him, no questions asked.

He received the best news of his life today: His fiancée is pregnant! Now, they are worried about the perceptions it will give their parents (Old School mentality), but they are getting married in 35 days. She (hopefully) will be able to fit into her wedding dress with no problems in that time-frame. He told me that if it's a boy, he is going to name him after me. I don't get choked up, nor do I ever tear up, but that touched me deeply.

Anyway, thank you all for the prayers and the PM's of encouragement that many have sent. It means more to me that you can imagine. I am still sore, but I'm alive, so it is all good in my eyes.

Thanks again, you all!

dg806

dg806

Awards
  • Established
Update: He continues to improve. He is no longer in the IC Unit. He requested a private room, but they put him in a double. I had my wife talk to the people she knows there and they moved him into a private room. Luckily, my wife is well known and highly respected for her job accomplishments, as well as the Volunteer work that her and I do.
Bradley didn't even remember Sunday after the accident. Him and I talked for a good 30 minutes waiting on the Emergency Crew to arrive. Seeing how we were so far out in the rocky portions of Pine Mountain, it took them a while to locate the wreck. I kept him talking and alert while making sure he didn't move his neck (held C-Spine in place and checked his grip and eye movement/response). Because of the excellent Combat Med courses that I took, I was able to do these things without thought. We talked about several things that are of extreme importance to both of us (a business him and I are in the process of working on), yet he only remembers me saying, "Hold your d*ck, I'm trying cut the harness f*cker!" And no, I didn't mean for him to actually hold it, it's a saying that I picked up from my DS a few moons ago. I am so grateful that he is doing well; I can't imagine my life without him. The whole time I was trying to learn to walk again and with my new hardware, he was always there pushing me and making sure I didn't quit. I will do the same for him, no questions asked.

He received the best news of his life today: His fiancée is pregnant! Now, they are worried about the perceptions it will give their parents (Old School mentality), but they are getting married in 35 days. She (hopefully) will be able to fit into her wedding dress with no problems in that time-frame. He told me that if it's a boy, he is going to name him after me. I don't get choked up, nor do I ever tear up, but that touched me deeply.

Anyway, thank you all for the prayers and the PM's of encouragement that many have sent. It means more to me that you can imagine. I am still sore, but I'm alive, so it is all good in my eyes.

Thanks again, you all!
Tell Bradley he will have to be named {FE II} That would be a good convo piece later in life!
Glad he is doing better!

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established

Thanks again, you all!
Glad he is better lungz, your a good friend.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
I'm definitely glad you and him are doing much better Fin !

I don't know why I haven't checked this thread in a while.. Looks like I have a lot of prayers to be saying tonight for everyone !

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's pretty cool to see this much support amongst each other!

BeBig

BeBig

Awards
  • Established

Thanks again, you all!

Great news glad all is getting better...God is the MAN!!!!:wave2:

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Gonna make a request here. My parents are going through a seperation process, financial troubles, selling the house. My mom recently beat cancer, and I'm going through relationship troubles myself. Please pray that me and my family make it through this test. Thanks bros!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gonna make a request here. My parents are going through a seperation process, financial troubles, selling the house. My mom recently beat cancer, and I'm going through relationship troubles myself. Please pray that me and my family make it through this test. Thanks bros!
May God give you and your family the Strength, Wisdom, and Perseverance to not only go through these difficult times in his Guidance, but to also come out of these trials stronger than ever before. May the Blessing Be!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
May God give you and your family the Strength, Wisdom, and Perseverance to not only go through these difficult times in his Guidance, but to also come out of these trials stronger than ever before. May the Blessing Be!
Thank you Ike. When you pass a test, you come out with a promotion. Amen.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
wow, thats alot to deal with all at once. I will pray for strength for you, and for everyone involved to come to an amicable solution. I know something about divorce, as i am a child of several. I hope all is well with your relationship, and remember, you can always lean on GOD.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You and your family are in my prayers, Jon. Keep your head held high, my friend.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Thank you guys. With God at my side, nothing can stop me...

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This is a difficult process, for them - and for you. I just said a prayer that you will somehow benefit from what you will see and learn from going through this.

I am sorry.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
dg806

dg806

Awards
  • Established
Done....

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
You got it buddy, stay strong ! :thumbsup:

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
just an update of course.

the start of the day i was pretty down, since i posted that message and talked to some friends, ive come to realize that whats going down with my girl is for the better. i think it will make me happier in the end. and yes, i do attribute my revelation to your prayers and my good friends. everything happens for a reason, and God is with us every step of the way. thank you my brothers, this board is truly an inspiration to me.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established

the start of the day i was pretty down, since i posted that message and talked to some friends, ive come to realize that whats going down with my girl is for the better. i think it will make me happier in the end. and yes, i do attribute my revelation to your prayers and my good friends. everything happens for a reason, and God is with us every step of the way. thank you my brothers, this board is truly an inspiration to me.
I've mentioned that before. I mean I am moved by the kindness, compassion, and empathy on this forum. You and your family are in my prayers.

Liquid13

Liquid13

Awards
  • Established
I can relate to how this goes. It can be very hard. If you need someone to talk to, don't hesitate. :wave2:

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You know I have your back, my friend!
I went through a period in my life where every woman I met had either emotional problems from their last relationship, or just wanted her cake, and to be able to eat it without weight-gain (;)). Finally, I gave up looking for a mate and started to focus just on my career, which paid off by becoming one of the youngest to ever complete a cetain class and come out the as the lead dog. Then one day I ran into this gorgeous, very well put-together, highly educated woman that I thought I had NO CHANCE with... yeah, I've been married to her for 3 years (7 years all together).

Just focus on you, Jon. I know the saying gets old, and you hate Chicken Soup, but I wouldn't lead you down the wrong path - trust me.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
My prayers are with you beau and zero v, life does have some shocking and terrible turns while we journey along its roads, but stay strong, and keep your faith in god alive.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wanted to take the time to tell you guys that I am really proud of how you have developed this thread. These are the pieces of "the fruit of the Spirit" that are the evidence that supports "the reason for my faith". God changes lives in and through all circumstances. "For we know all things work for good for those who love the Lord"

(quotations to emphasize these are scriptural truths)

As some of you know I have been engaged in a mens ministry. First, for my own growth and need. Now I am becoming leadership. Trusting the Lord for the courage to share my testimony in stark candor has effected men and their walk. The Lord and the ministry elders have opened doors and cleared a path for me to walk through to continue to do so in a greater capacity.

There is a Praise!!!

Now for prayer.

We are having a men's summit this weekend. I have been asked if I would lead a new study "If you want to walk on water you need to step out of the boat" and it will begin on May 11th. They will be announcing this at the summit and likely will ask for me to share. For those of you who know me you know I "share".

Prayer for the Holy Spirit to lead me.

My 19 year old son is struggling. Too many details to post.

Prayer for a hedge of protection for his mind, heart and body as I patientlty await the Holy Spirit to intercede on my and his behalf and bring him to live with his Dad so I can help him become the man God has made him to be and the father I long to be for him.

Thanks

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
I wanted to take the time to tell you guys that I am really proud of how you have developed this thread. These are the pieces of "the fruit of the Spirit" that are the evidence that supports "the reason for my faith". God changes lives in and through all circumstances. "For we know all things work for good for those who love the Lord"

As some of you know I have been engaged in a mens ministry. First, for my own growth and need. Now I am becoming leadership. Trusting the Lord for the courage to share my testimony in stark candor has effected men and their walk. The Lord and the ministry elders have opened doors and cleared a path for me to walk through to continue to do so in a greater capacity.

There is a Praise!!!

Now for prayer.

We are having a men's summit this weekend. I have been asked if I would lead a new study "If you want to walk on water you need to step out of the boat" and it will begin on May 11th. They will be announcing this at the summit and likely will ask for me to share. For those of you who know me you know I "share".

Prayer for a hedge of protection for his mind, heart and body as I patientlty await the Holy Spirit to intercede on my and his behalf and bring him to live with his Dad so I can help him become the man God has made him to be and the father I long to be for him.

Thanks
Glory to God, because he is worthy of all worship and praise. I will pray for your son, that God may point him the right direction and the HolySpirit may develop him into a strong man in Christ.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established

There is a Praise!!!

Now for prayer.

Thanks
I will pray for your son as well. When my daughter first came to live with me, she came from a very disturbed enviorment, so much so that she had an ulcer at the age of 8, from all the stress. She is now not only spiritually fit, but at a 30k dollar a year private school on full ride, at the age of 14. My adoption of her became finalized today:biglaugh:GOD will answer your prayers, of that i am certain, in his time, which you know i'm sure. If all this has happened for my daughter, GOD will deliver your son!!! I know it!!

BeBig

BeBig

Awards
  • Established
wow, thats alot to deal with all at once. I will pray for strength for you, and for everyone involved to come to an amicable solution. I know something about divorce, as i am a child of several. I hope all is well with your relationship, and remember, you can always lean on GOD.
Agree with ya ded....I know alot about divorce too been through at least 5 with my mother....You're family is in my prayers Renegade.....:wave2:

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

A prayer is never to late, I also think everything happens for a reason, I will pray everything works out and for the best. anything you need you know where here!

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

There is a Praise!!!

Now for prayer.

Thanks
Prayers will also go out for you son. I really hope everything works out for him B.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Prayers sent, B. May the Blessings Be!

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
On their way B.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
... I am so grateful that he is doing well; I can't imagine my life without him. The whole time I was trying to learn to walk again and with my new hardware, he was always there pushing me and making sure I didn't quit. I will do the same for him, no questions asked.
Christ said that a man can experience no greater love than to lay down his life for his friends. You have the kind of heart it takes to feel that. God bless you till the end my brother. :)

He received the best news of his life today: His fiancée is pregnant! Now, they are worried about the perceptions it will give their parents (Old School mentality), but they are getting married in 35 days.
Tell him congrats for us! With all the new same-sex laws infiltrating the definition of marriage now (2 more states legalized it last week I think), I can appreciate his apprehension about marriage. His folks won't be living out that marriage for him, he will, so if he does it he best do it for his own reasons! A real man makes a vow and keeps it, whether it's on paper or not. He doesn't let impressions influence his choices or faith to keep his commitments.

Even at church. If you're in a church that doesn't feel right anymore and you know it, then 'come out of her my people!' You don't wanna be there when God drops the hammer on that whore riding the beast. This is no time for compromises, so seek Truth and don't be deceived. Your friends and family might mean well, but it's imperative that you develop a keen sense of personal discernment if you're really serious about God's destiny for your life.

God bless and keep praying guys, you're all in my prayers too. That goes for you and your son B, Renegade and your family, and all the prayer partners here praying for one another and letting God know who's side we're on!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I lead our Saturday morning Men's Fraternity - The Quest for Authentic Manhood. Several of the men in my study group were at the summit. Saturday night two of them made a decision to give their lives over to the Lord and we're baptized right there on the spot that night.

Thanks for the prayer and support.

Keep my son in your prayers too.

Thanks.

supersize77

supersize77

Awards
  • Established
I am sub'd to this thread and it gets more hits than any other...I read through it today, skimmed actually, and realized just how troubled people are...how screwed up this world is. I guess it's comforting to know I'm not alone in my suffering...that we are all hurting in our own way, but still, it's disheartening to realize just how truly messed up life is. I guess I need prayer for my outlook towards life; as you can see, it's pretty negative right now...I'm not a happy camper.)-:

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
I lead our Saturday morning Men's Fraternity - The Quest for Authentic Manhood. Several of the men in my study group were at the summit. Saturday night two of them made a decision to give their lives over to the Lord and we're baptized right there on the spot that night.

Thanks for the prayer and support.

Keep my son in your prayers too.

Thanks.
That is beautiful, especially when one can picture how the angels are celebrating and playing the trump for God in heaven because new souls are coming to Christ.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
B - God's blessing to you and your son.

I wanted to share a blessing with you. I just returned from a weekend long conference put on by Family Life Today, a Christian ministry group. It was excellent, centered on God on focused on what we, as men, are responsible for in marriage. There were about 1500 people in attendance. It is such a comfort to know that if we look for like minded people, who want to better their lives by following God's design - we can find them. I am really happy I went.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I am sub'd to this thread and it gets more hits than any other...I read through it today, skimmed actually, and realized just how troubled people are...how screwed up this world is. I guess it's comforting to know I'm not alone in my suffering...that we are all hurting in our own way, but still, it's disheartening to realize just how truly messed up life is. I guess I need prayer for my outlook towards life; as you can see, it's pretty negative right now...I'm not a happy camper.)-:
You're not alone. Eternal hope is the only real comfort, so it helps to focus on issues of eternal significance rather than the chaos of life. It puts things in a more tolerable perspective. Otherwise, just sitting around and waiting for the inflection point seems rather pointless.

You're in my prayers ss77.