A new chapter...RickRock's path on the "DARK SIDE" begins...

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
After reading your plan for PCT, I decided to get some forma for my own. The reviews and logs I've been reading of it sound pretty incredible, I'm excited to try it.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
After reading your plan for PCT, I decided to get some forma for my own. The reviews and logs I've been reading of it sound pretty incredible, I'm excited to try it.
Forma really is some great stuff. I'm looking forward to starting it up next week. It always gets me very dry and ripped looking ;)

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 47

Weight:180 (+15)

Dosed 60mg EPI
Dosed 350mg Katana
Dosed 18mg Albuterol (6mgx3)

I've cleaned up pretty damned good the last couple days with a tight diet and cardio. I'm looking pretty good right now and that brings me to THE PICS!!

I did a bodyfat measurement just before taking the pics, and I'm very happy to say that my bodyfat is down to at least 6.5%, which is where I started the cycle at!!! Only now I'm 15 lbs heavier!! I may actually be even leaner than that, as the caliper measurements may be slightly higher than actual because of the small amount of water I'm retaining. I start Forma next week, and that will dry me out and make a much more accurate measurement on bodyfat.

I'm honestly amazed by my pics today. The size I've gained in my chest, arms, traps, and back shows in these pics, and I'm looking just as lean if not leaner than the start. My vascularity is crazy right now, and I do believe I'm probably closer to 6% actually. Regardless, to be [email protected]% from [email protected]% is much more than I expected out if this cycle, and its only a little over half over AND IM STILL GROWING!! :sgrin:

So here they are! All feedback appreciated!!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chest striations are awesome, arm veins are nuts, but those veins in your back are just ridiuclous. Awesome work, bro!

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
Giganormous is a word, right? I'd say giganormous pretty much sums up your pics man :D Killing it!

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
This is a homicide no doubt, killing this sh*t. BANG BANG!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah he is at least a percentage high on his measurements which is pretty consistant with what I have seen on this past logs... you don't get chest striations that deep at 6% body fat.

Just as shredded as you ever were, just bigger...

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Amazing work bro! Looking all kinds of ripped! Bravo!

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Still killing it in here I see...BOOM! Those update are great Rick. Looks like you just added pure muscle at this point. Nice work!

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
Your physique is awesome bro. Keep it up. You can see a huge improvement.... straight genocide!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks a lot guys for the compliments! My expectations of this cycle have already been surpassed, and I'm truly amazed at the progress I've made to this point.

My next set of pics should be even more impressive as my bodyfat will drop a little more, but the biggest difference will probably come from drying out when I start Forma on Monday. This should really show just how lean I've become ;)

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established
Holy focking sh1t Rick!

That is a god like body bro. This has been a great run for you so far. I'm truly impressed every time I get a chance to check in here.

nOBODY got sh1t on Rick. Well done. I'm going to need some pointers on my next run..

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Doing great Rick, making me think about pushing on to get even leaner. I have some plans to try to do a little recomp style now but man these pics inspire me to perhaps just get a bit leaner than where I originally intended.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doing great Rick, making me think about pushing on to get even leaner. I have some plans to try to do a little recomp style now but man these pics inspire me to perhaps just get a bit leaner than where I originally intended.
And I like his pace slow and patient.. that is the way you and I like to go as well, I am glad I am down for summer but now a slower pace for me... see how lean I can get adapting a certain lifestyle and make it more maintainable...

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
Thanks a lot guys for the compliments! My expectations of this cycle have already been surpassed, and I'm truly amazed at the progress I've made to this point.

My next set of pics should be even more impressive as my bodyfat will drop a little more, but the biggest difference will probably come from drying out when I start Forma on Monday. This should really show just how lean I've become ;)
Your progress is amazing brother. My next cycle is a cut and I hope I can make the type of progress you have. Truly inspirational. Can't wait to see the next pics!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
And I like his pace slow and patient.. that is the way you and I like to go as well, I am glad I am down for summer but now a slower pace for me... see how lean I can get adapting a certain lifestyle and make it more maintainable...
I agree, I have been tweaking my approach to the Intermittent Fasting to what I like to do the best and it is working out well for me. Right now though I am trying to reassess my carb tolerance when going from low to very high every other day. This week the pattern got messed up by some 4rth of July festivities but next week I will be able to dry out more while keeping carbs very high on my build days as in 400-600 grams of carbs on a build day and around 75 on burn days.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree, I have been tweaking my approach to the Intermittent Fasting to what I like to do the best and it is working out well for me. Right now though I am trying to reassess my carb tolerance when going from low to very high every other day. This week the pattern got messed up by some 4rth of July festivities but next week I will be able to dry out more while keeping carbs very high on my build days as in 400-600 grams of carbs on a build day and around 75 on burn days.
I am like 90 on burn days and 220 on build, I will go 600 to 800 for carb ups but that is rare ..maybe I will experimant more when this run is done...

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looked at the pics on my phone earlier, now looking on my computer I realize the change is that much more evident. Holy fock bro! Looks like I got my answer on my next cycle layout! ;-)

You "leaning out" for the next pics will be sick RR at 5 percent is epic!

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
I've been reading this log since week 2 and it's apparent you are killing it...

I'm looking at running DC training also. What do you think of it? Do you feel like it's enough of a workout or are you left wanting more sometimes? What about on off days, do you do cardio ?

M,W,F - DC training
T,TH - cardio
S- cardio/abs

Thinking about running it like that... You think that would work?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

I'm looking at running DC training also. What do you think of it? Do you feel like it's enough of a workout or are you left wanting more sometimes? What about on off days, do you do cardio ?

M,W,F - DC training
T,TH - cardio
S- cardio/abs

Would be excellent. Do heavy ab work on Saturday too it will do you the most justice.

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
Would be excellent. Do heavy ab work on Saturday too it will do you the most justice.
Thanks.... I'll rep yah when I get to a computer... On my iPad.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Holy focking sh1t Rick!

That is a god like body bro. This has been a great run for you so far. I'm truly impressed every time I get a chance to check in here.

nOBODY got sh1t on Rick. Well done. I'm going to need some pointers on my next run..
Wow Morry! Thanks a ton for the compliments bro! I am definitely impressed with the results so far, but I wouldn't say that nobody has sh1t on me....especially guys you my friend, but I will take the compliment!

That's a great plan Chris, and yeh I am leaning out quicker than I anticipated I would, not to mention that I stayed leaner through the bulking portion than I had originally thought. All of it equals some very good progress to this point. The next few weeks will get very interesting, I'm looking forward to being able to get to a very very ripped and shredded 175ish by the end ;)

That's the only way to do it IMO. I think it works the best, and it's the easiest on me too, as I don't have to do anything drastic or make big sacrifices to get there. Just staying within the limits, making adjustments where needed, and watching the changes come!

Your progress is amazing brother. My next cycle is a cut and I hope I can make the type of progress you have. Truly inspirational. Can't wait to see the next pics!
Thanks Man! I really appreciate it!

You will have them days sometime. I know all about it, as this weekend we spent out of town watching a major league baseball game and going to an amusement park, so my diet was pretty bad....but I had a great time with my family. It's back to business now that we are back, but when the time comes I don't hesitate to indulge on certain weekends and enjoy my time with the family.

I am like 90 on burn days and 220 on build, I will go 600 to 800 for carb ups but that is rare ..maybe I will experimant more when this run is done...
I'm always making adjustments myself to see what works best. I think I've found my groove for the time being though.

Looked at the pics on my phone earlier, now looking on my computer I realize the change is that much more evident. Holy fock bro! Looks like I got my answer on my next cycle layout! ;-)

You "leaning out" for the next pics will be sick RR at 5 percent is epic!
I certainly have no complaints, and yeh I think each set of pics will get better and better for the next month or slightly over that I have left of this cycle.

M,W,F - DC training
T,TH - cardio
S- cardio/abs

Sounds like a great plan to me. DC has been the best training program I've used to date, no joke. My strength gains have been sick and surprise me with every workout. I'm pretty much sold on it ;)

Agreed!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAYS 47, 48 & 49

Weight 179 (+14)

I've been gone all weekend, so I have had no time to update. I left Friday with the family to go out of town for a pretty fun weekend. My diet has been crappy the last couple days, but it is back on track today. I did an extended fast today with a super clean diet. Cals will be around 1500 with carbs under 50g and I did a good 75 minute cardio session this morning.

30 minutes treadmill running at 7.5 MPH

45 minutes incline treadmill walking 10% @ 3.5 MPH

total burn 1025 cals

Since I didn't get to post Fridays workout, here it is. It is definitely worth putting up, as I had some pretty crazy strength increases through the workout. I'm amazed at where my strength is on everything in this workout. EVERY exercise here is a big PR.....especially those hammer strength Chet presses :D

DC workout 1A (Chet, shoulders, Triceps, back Width, back thickness)

Hammer strength chest press (rest, pause)
315x9x5x3 (+35 lbs)

DB shoulder press (rest, pause)
80sx12x5x2 (+5 lbs per DB)

Close grip bench press (rest, pause)
200x9x3x2 (+20 lbs)

Chins (rest, pause)
BW + 60 x7x3x2 (+1 rep)

Tbar rows (straight sets)
225x9 (+10 lbs)
240x5 (+25 lbs)

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
Damn Rick, just wanted to stop by and say awesome job, silently following.. keep killing it bro!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn Rick, just wanted to stop by and say awesome job, silently following.. keep killing it bro!
Thanks for stopping in man! I appreciate the support and kind words! I hope everything is going well for you as well :)

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for stopping in man! I appreciate the support and kind words! I hope everything is going well for you as well :)
Np bro! Just working on dropping that last 2% bodyfat, I swear this **** is slow as fuark lmao. More shredded then I have ever been though, soon to be real shredded :p. I feel like my bodyfat is dropping so slowly, but every little bit is starting to show more and more. I swear it seems like you get lean so easily, but I know that's not the case, I just need to be more patient! Anyways, thanks, ill be watching!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Np bro! Just working on dropping that last 2% bodyfat, I swear this **** is slow as fuark lmao. More shredded then I have ever been though, soon to be real shredded :p. I feel like my bodyfat is dropping so slowly, but every little bit is starting to show more and more. I swear it seems like you get lean so easily, but I know that's not the case, I just need to be more patient! Anyways, thanks, ill be watching!
The last bit of body fat can be a real b1tch to lose, and it does feel like it takes forever...but small losses when you are real lean equals big changes usually, so it's still a big win! Good luck to you bud!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow the increases are pretty damn significant....

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Question fellow DC'ers... How the FÜCK do you put the weight on yourself for rack chins?

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DC workout 1A (Chet, shoulders, Triceps, back Width, back thickness)

Hammer strength chest press (rest, pause)
315x9x5x3 (+35 lbs)

DB shoulder press (rest, pause)
80sx12x5x2 (+5 lbs per DB)

Close grip bench press (rest, pause)
200x9x3x2 (+20 lbs)

Chins (rest, pause)
BW + 60 x7x3x2 (+1 rep)

Tbar rows (straight sets)
225x9 (+10 lbs)
240x5 (+25 lbs)
Seriously? You lowered your calories started going towards more of a cut and you're still adding 25 & 35lbs on some lifts?!

............So when did you add in the gamma ray treatments? Just mainlining Dr. Banners blood now?

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Question fellow DC'ers... How the FÜCK do you put the weight on yourself for rack chins?
They make belts for it, or hold a dumbbell in your ankles. I did that for a while in afghanistan...

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Very easy man. Grab a db. Sit on your feet under the bar, strap one hand in, put the db on your lap with the other, strap the other hand in, then put your feet up on the bench.

Like so.
[video=youtube;ObFpbFW0dpQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObFpbFW0dpQ[/video]

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very easy man. Grab a db. Sit on your feet under the bar, strap one hand in, put the db on your lap with the other, strap the other hand in, then put your feet up on the bench.

Like so.
YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObFpbFW0dpQ
Thanks dude... May have been a dumb question but it's easier to ask then to look like a retard and drop a couple of plates on my feet. Btw I LOVE DC!

I'm making a restaurant dept run this week for some chicken let me know if you want in!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks dude... May have been a dumb question but it's easier to ask then to look like a retard and drop a couple of plates on my feet. Btw I LOVE DC!

I'm making a restaurant dept run this week for some chicken let me know if you want in!
I have done the way Frank mentioned, and also using a loaded barbell, it rests right in the nook of your hips, I would bend down put the bar in nook of my hip grab the bar with both hands then put my feet up on a bench in front of me one at a time and the bar would stay there so my whole body and the weight was suspended.

Never seen anyone do this with 2 dumbbells pretty impressive.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have done the way Frank mentioned, and also using a loaded barbell, it rests right in the nook of your hips, I would bend down put the bar in nook of my hip grab the bar with both hands then put my feet up on a bench in front of me one at a time and the bar would stay there so my whole body and the weight was suspended.

Never seen anyone do this with 2 dumbbells pretty impressive.
Sweet! Yea that YouTube helped out immensely. I'm going to have to switch out pull ups soon here I think. I'm slowly coming to a stale mate on those. Which is infuriating being one of my favorite exercises

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet! Yea that YouTube helped out immensely. I'm going to have to switch out pull ups soon here I think. I'm slowly coming to a stale mate on those. Which is infuriating being one of my favorite exercises
How are you coming to a stale mate on them? Explain please.

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
Those rack chins were impressive. As I was watching all I could think was "how is this going to be 170lbs with a DB..." and then he pulled that second one up lol.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How are you coming to a stale mate on them? Explain please.
Sure... From what I've gathered the moment you do not beat the log book from last weak whether weight or reps that workout is rotated out, correct? I barely got an extra rep on pull ups last night so if I can't progress the next time I do it I will be forced to scrap it.

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
What rep range are you at for it atm? Is it possible that you could increase weight 5lbs next time you do it and still get the same reps? With an exercise like pullups, I often find increasing weight and keeping the same reps happens much more consistently for me than trying to increase reps with the same weight. I originally got, let's say, 14 reps on a RP set of pullups. The next week I tried increasing reps but still got 14. However, every week after that I increase the weight 5lbs (I use a DB between my legs), and still managed to keep the reps at 14-15 each time.

Adding a legit full-range rep on weighted pullups is a big strength increase, IMO. Adding that extra 5lbs is a smaller step that allows you to keep the same amount of full-reps, but adds just enough to make each progression just a bit harder to grab. Don't know, try to keep the weight moving instead of the reps, that tends to be a better idea for me when I'm doing exercises dependent on body weight.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
11x6x4 RR being 20 30 for pull ups from what I have read

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
That's a pretty good place to be man. I'd start adding 5lbs each workout - if your rep range falls drastically by just adding 5lbs, then definitely switch the exercise out.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's a pretty good place to be man. I'd start adding 5lbs each workout - if your rep range falls drastically by just adding 5lbs, then definitely switch the exercise out.
So bring it down to that 11-15 range then?

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
No, I was saying to try keeping your current rep range and add 5lbs to your pullups each workout, while trying to keep it in the same rep range. Adding a single rep on heavy pullups can be a big step up, but keeping reps consistent whilst adding weight can be a lot more doable, at least when you're following DC and trying to beat the log book in some way. I was saying that if you add 5lbs and your reps suffer big time (like down to 11-16 reps instead of 20-30), that's probably a good indicator that you really have stalled out on pullups, and it's time to switch them out.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No, I was saying to try keeping your current rep range and add 5lbs to your pullups each workout, while trying to keep it in the same rep range. Adding a single rep on heavy pullups can be a big step up, but keeping reps consistent whilst adding weight can be a lot more doable, at least when you're following DC and trying to beat the log book in some way. I was saying that if you add 5lbs and your reps suffer big time (like down to 11-16 reps instead of 20-30), that's probably a good indicator that you really have stalled out on pullups, and it's time to switch them out.
I'll give it a shot but at just bw i'm getting close to stalling at 21... We shall see next time., thanks bud

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
Ah...my mistake man, I thought you were doing them weighted already. Still, try adding some weight and seeing how drastically it affects rep range.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ah...my mistake man, I thought you were doing them weighted already. Still, try adding some weight and seeing how drastically it affects rep range.
Did you just call me a vag just not in so many words?

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
LOL! Absolutely not man...pretty sure most pros do less BW pullups than that. Point being that it's largely dependent on height/muscle mass/weight. I see a lot of scrawny ass kids doing 20-30 pullups at once, but you better believe I'd rather be a huge mother****er and only be able to do 6-8 at a time. It's hard to accurately gauge BW exercises between individuals.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL! Absolutely not man...pretty sure most pros do less BW pullups than that. Point being that it's largely dependent on height/muscle mass/weight. I see a lot of scrawny ass kids doing 20-30 pullups at once, but you better believe I'd rather be a huge mother****er and only be able to do 6-8 at a time. It's hard to accurately gauge BW exercises between individuals.
just making sure ; ) i'm going to give the weight addition a shot hopefully I don't have to scratch them. Like I said I feel like pull UPS are crucial for back development!