The countdown to abs - a sponsored LG Methyl Masterdrol V2 log

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
Man I would love to have some powerblocks for my home gym.

Hows the MMV2 treating you compared to other cycles you have run in the past?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
they do rock :D I got the 90lb set with stand for $400, i've seen them cheaper sometimes too.

I've really only done 1 other non-natural cycle, but i'd say i'm really enjoying the mmv2. I've lost more bf % in the last 3 weeks than I have ever managed to without any scale change. so i'm seriously hard recomping. I've also done cardio I think twice in the span of this log, vs in the past doing far more with less results.

Also, i'm noticing muscle hardness changes too. Still not quite abs tho :D

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
they do rock :D I got the 90lb set with stand for $400, i've seen them cheaper sometimes too.

I've really only done 1 other non-natural cycle, but i'd say i'm really enjoying the mmv2. I've lost more bf % in the last 3 weeks than I have ever managed to without any scale change. so i'm seriously hard recomping. I've also done cardio I think twice in the span of this log, vs in the past doing far more with less results.

Also, i'm noticing muscle hardness changes too. Still not quite abs tho :D

What machine(s) are you using in your home gym other than the powerblocks?

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glad ur likin the MMv2 easy! Its good stuff !!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'll have to look but I think thats what someone told me I should try for the lethargy.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Double post deleted

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
We have one of those at our gym. Not too bad but it hurts the shoulders. How is yours on your shoulders?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
looks a little odd on the squats, but feels pretty good. At 200lbs it doesn't noticeably bother my shoulders

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
looks a little odd on the squats, but feels pretty good. At 200lbs it doesn't noticeably bother my shoulders
My gym has a squat apparatus very similar to yours Easy. It's hard as Hades . It's called a "True-Squat" and it drives you straight down. You can't spread your feet much either. So no powerlifting stances. Feet close together, and straight up and down. Almost no one else uses it either. I wrap my knees up and give it what for!! Very strict, but very effective. That's one Sweeeet looking machine Easy!! THE THUNDERGOD:hammer:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its not bad. you need a good set of dbs to go with it. Its great for the heavy stuff like squats, lat pulldowns and bench press. I feel that with it and the powerblocks theres nothing I really need from a gym. I also have a 7' olympic bar so if I wanted to do deadlifts I can, and an ezbar.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its not bad. you need a good set of dbs to go with it. Its great for the heavy stuff like squats, lat pulldowns and bench press. I feel that with it and the powerblocks theres nothing I really need from a gym. I also have a 7' olympic bar so if I wanted to do deadlifts I can, and an ezbar.
Cool beans, he said PowerBlocks are on the way(2 or 3 weeks ago) and I think he has a squat rack also. I know he has an E-Z bar and olympic bar also.....wait are you and my buddy one in the same :think:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm heterosexual tho.

I bet his ez bar isn't a crappy walmart Golds Gym 13lb bar !

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmm do any of his olympic plates smell like they were stored in a garage where a cat had access to pee on them?

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My cat peed on my plates once when i left them on the ground instead of putting them back on the rack..guess she was just trying to help:blink:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its a pretty sweet town to live in, compared to a lot of the rest of the US :)

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My cat peed on my plates once when i left them on the ground instead of putting them back on the rack..guess she was just trying to help:blink:
"my cats breath smells like cat food"

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
yeah but i also lived on st pete beach and that was sweet especially since i was on the beach part.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hehehehe yeah, actually. you'd potentially appreciate that if you drove thru st pete ;)

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
hehehehe yeah, actually. you'd potentially appreciate that if you drove thru st pete ;)
For real st pete is a pain in my ass for driving, Tampa is to though, hell all of pinellas county for that matter.

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
as opposed to the st pete part???? :think:
yeah its like the beach part is all sunny and the beach is right across the street like walking distance and then if u live in st pete its the city

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, good and bad today :)

squats 200x6, 220x6,220x6 but my legs were totally destroyed at this point, decided not to do any other leg stuff. I have to stand up for 3 hours at the vitamin shoppe on south dale mabry today for a demo. forgot all about it till this morning

wide grip pulldowns 180x6, 180x6, 180x6. next time i'll go 185
db pullovers 55x3, 45x6, 40x10, 40x7
db rows 52.5x20 (its cool that I can go up in 2.5lb increments, couldnt have done 20 with 55, only did 19 with right arm, but made 20 with left)
then added some remedial bicep work
hammer curl 30x12, 30x9
concentration curl 20x20

not bad, other than not wanting to stand or walk. i might have been able to hit 230 or 240 on the first set of 6, I dont think I could have gone up to 230 on that last one, barely made 6 as it was.

today was first carbup too. so far:
1 large banana, 1 kashi oatmeal cookie, bowl of oatmeal, 2 complex carb pecan brownies, large glass of gfj. Probably about 220-250g of carbs there for breakfast, the brownies are big :D made with quinoa, barley + whole wheat flour, and supercarb instead of sugar. not bad :D

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
St. Pete is a lovely place as well as St. Pete beach BUT..this is a big BUT.. I loooooooooooove clearwater beach!!

:bow28:

That place is the fuggin ish!!!

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
the brownies are big :D made with quinoa, barley + whole wheat flour, and supercarb instead of sugar. not bad :D
not to jack or anything, but when you have a moment could you PM me the recipie for those brownines? MMMMM brownies ahhhhh

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
after all the construction clearwater is gonna be awesome i like treasure island too its really peaceful out there.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
after all the construction clearwater is gonna be awesome i like treasure island too its really peaceful out there.
It seems like Florida has been under construction non stop for the last decade.

Easy, NICE! on those squats.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It seems like Florida has been under construction non stop for the last decade.

Easy, NICE! on those squats.

Hahahha no doubt! Between US 19 and the beaches and park blvd. Sshheesshh!!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so 187 post carbup, so thats cool.

heres a couple pics too. I'll probably do the normal set of pics later today or maybe next week

Attachments

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I heard babies and GABA in the same thread... GABA DABA DOO!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can definately see the difference. Looking good Easy!! :thumbsup:Congrats to a successful cycle bro!! :clap2: THE THUNDERGOD:hammer:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
so 187 post carbup, so thats cool.

heres a couple pics too. I'll probably do the normal set of pics later today or maybe next week
Nice improvement. However, a fashion tip to go with your newly found physique: wearing a hideously green, too tight velvet shirt with 'I found these in the sweet-ass bargain bin at Wal-Mart - cost me $4' jeans doesn't jive.

:)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I look better in compression shirts ;) actually the jeans are Rocawear, probably were $60 shorts. amazing what slapping a designer name on something can get away with pricewise.

The green is pretty hideous tho, i'll grant that.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha, yeah it hurt my eyes. Bring your traps up pre-cut, and you'll widen out your body's stance. It'll give the illusion of thickness and width on a leaner frame.

:thumbsup:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
chest + shoulders this morning, i'll do bis later today

flat db presses 55x6, 60x6, 65x6, 70x5 and damn that was a ***** getting them down after failure without just dropping them. got about halfwayup on #6 and just sat there straining
incline db press 40x10, 40x10
db fly 25x19

arnold press 32.5x6, 32.5x6, 32.5x5
vertical db row 32.5x10, 32.5x9 - was nice doing it with dbs, I felt I could get my elbows a bit higher
bent over lateral raises 15x11, 10x14

and man are my shoulders sore and i'm sweating like mad. I hit nice solid struggling failures on each of the x6s as well as the x10s. even tho I made 10 in the incline press, that one was to failure too, couldn't have done 11. Traps feel really cranked right now, kinda half feel like doing lat pulldowns to get them all sore too. just to make them match ;)

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great progress there Easy!! How much did you weigh at your heaviest? I know you said that you're at a 20 year low right now. I was 297 at my heaviest about 10 years ago, when I was into powerlifting. I was 287 just 8 months ago when I decided it was time to get in real shape and lose some damn fat. I totally changed my way of training. I now keep my reps in the 12 to 15 range. I only rest about 45 seconds between sets. I'm really amazed at the heavy weights I can still use, even training so fast! I'm down to 260 right now and feeling great!! Keep up the good work, as you are an inspiration to all of us here.:thumbsup: THE THUNDERGOD:hammer:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hit a high of at least 245 maybe 247~8, sucky part was that was at 45-50% bodyfat. makes me nauseous just to say it. good motivational tool to just look back at my pictures of myself then

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Nice improvement. However, a fashion tip to go with your newly found physique: wearing a hideously green, too tight velvet shirt with 'I found these in the sweet-ass bargain bin at Wal-Mart - cost me $4' jeans doesn't jive.

:)
Nothing green is hideous ;)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
evening biceps fun and games

db curls 35x6, 35x6, 35x7
chinups 4
alternating hammer curls 30x10, 30x11
reverse db curls 15x10, 15x12
chinups 2
ez curl 63x20

and ow. my biceps hurt. i barely hit 20 on the ez curl, I was fading at about 14, but was listening to "Man on the silver mountain" :D and somehow that worked out. Start to go a little tunnel vision on the last one

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ugh, i'm gonna be wiped out today :)

squats 180x6, 230x6, 250x6! I still can go higher i think. next time i'll try warmups, then 180, 250,270
wide grip pulldowns 190x6, 190x6, 190x5 also new high
pullovers 35x10, 35x10. the dbs go up to 37.5 then jump to 45. so I think next time 37.5
db rows 55x18! new high also
leg extensions superset with leg curls 50x15-50x10, 50x19-50x12

and whew, i'm wiped out :) triceps in the evening