The countdown to abs - a sponsored LG Methyl Masterdrol V2 log

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Easy, you and crader have got me missing babies! lol My daugther is going on 20 right now. Give that little one a hug from all of us here, his God-family at AM/Forums!!:wave: THE THUNDERGOD:hammer:

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Easy, you and crader have got me missing babies! lol My daugther is going on 20 right now. Give that little one a hug from all of us here, his God-family at AM/Forums!!:wave: THE THUNDERGOD:hammer:
Nobody better mess with the kids from AM. lol They would have to go up against some mean strong SOB's

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wonder whether i'm just hurting myself or making progress sometimes :)

squats 90x10, 180x6, 250x6, 300x6, 350x3
wide grip pulldowns 210x5, 210x5, 210x5, 210x4
high rows 160x6, 160x6, 160x6
face pulls 45x11, 45x10
db rows 50x18

So I think I can probably use 320 for 6 rep sets on squats. my forearms are all pumped up from the back workout

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
wow man great progress. 350 is impressive!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it is on the machine rather than a loose bar, so no stabilizers used. but its 350lbs of olympic plates plus whatever the bar assembly weighs :p was close to blacking out after that one. might have been able to hit 4

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
it is on the machine rather than a loose bar, so no stabilizers used. but its 350lbs of olympic plates plus whatever the bar assembly weighs :p was close to blacking out after that one. might have been able to hit 4
oh true. Still tho. good progress up in hizzer!

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
easy-

1. How do you do deadlifts with your home gym set-up ?

2. I remember you mentioned awhile back about being qualified for TRT. Did you find out what they used for it ? Was it sus 250 ?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
easy-

1. How do you do deadlifts with your home gym set-up ?

2. I remember you mentioned awhile back about being qualified for TRT. Did you find out what they used for it ? Was it sus 250 ?
i don't do deadlifts :) more because I think I need some help with form. I do have an olympic bar, and there is a way to use the press station to do them as well.

Actually from my post pct blood tests I no longer qualify for TRT. I think dropping from 25+ % bf down to around 15 lowered my aromatase levels enough that suddenly my testosterone could stay as testosterone and do its own job instead of converting to more estrogen than most women have

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Easy, I'd just guesstimate that machine's bar assembly to weigh about 45 pounds. I believe it would be very close to this figure. Squat it once while it is completely empty of plates. Then grab your Olympic bar and squat it once. I bet they feel almost the same. So you were hovering around 400 lbs. there!!:twisted: Way to go!! Can we safely say the 3-AD is kicking in already?:think: THE THUNDERGOD:hammer:

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
what are face pulls?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i can say I don't really like carbs anymore :) I get such a bloated feeling when i'm getting any more than maybe 100-150g a day of clean carbs. kinda sucks, but oh well :)

flat db press 65x5, 65x6, 65x5
db flys 30x10, 30x10
machine decline press 50x10, 50x10
incline db press 45x10, 45x10
incline fly 20x20

shoulder press 45x1, 40x6, 40x5, 40x5
vertical db rows 37.5x10, 37.5x10
lateral extensions 10x20

5 second negative ez curls 93x1, 93x1, 93x1, 93x1, 93x1, 93x1
hammer curls 30x10, 30x10
concentration curls 20x20

whew, i'm worn

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
quick workout today, running spastic getting ready for a business trip

squats 180x10, 250x10, 250x10, 250x5 - totally cns failure, my brain said "i'm done with squats for today"
wide grip pulldowns 200x6, 200x5, 200x5
high rows 140x10, 140x10
db rows 50x20

and thats all. still a nice pump in the back from all that :)

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
any progress pics? log looks good homeh!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
no, I do need to put some up. kept meaning to get my wife to take some, but all the whirlwind around the new baby keeps getting in the way :)

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
no, I do need to put some up. kept meaning to get my wife to take some, but all the whirlwind around the new baby keeps getting in the way :)
That baby is getting all the camera shots right now, I bet!! You'll probably have to hold the baby just to get your wife to take your picture right now!! lol THE THUNDERGOD:hammer:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was using him for some front Squats but he is still kind of light

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:toofunny:
I was using him for some front Squats but he is still kind of light
That's funny. Try them one-legged! haha

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:icon_lol:thats too funny

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
I tried front squats on leg day after some heavy squats...I have trouble keeping the bar on my shoulders/upper chest. Any suggestions Easy?

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I tried front squats on leg day after some heavy squats...I have trouble keeping the bar on my shoulders/upper chest. Any suggestions Easy?
It's awkward, but try them in a smith-machine. You don't have to worry about balance or the bar feeling like it's slipping off of your upper chest! THE THUNDERGOD:hammer:

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
i haven't been able to figure out how to do front squats either.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Thundergod - I'll try that out next time, but I really don't like machine squats as I feel they take away from my natural motion (since I'm rather long legged) and I'm forced into an uncomfortable and potentially harmful position.

Hank - I know man, I tried both grips too, a cross grip and a inverted elbows out grip.

On a side note: Easy, how is maintaining a solid lifting schedule while helping out the wifey with the newborn?

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You just need progress pics with the little guy in them :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
On a side note: Easy, how is maintaining a solid lifting schedule while helping out the wifey with the newborn?
oh i'm supposed to help her? I felt like I was forgetting something. So far i've had 1 workout moved by 1 day late. thats all so far, plus todays will be a day late as well, but that was becuase of a business trip. Not to amsterdam either, just atlanta

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
How did your lower back feel after that 350 squat set? Mine would have been devastated.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it was sore, but not completely horrifying. I think i'd rather do sets of 10 of 280 than 5 of 350 as far as back pain goes

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
oh, good....you're alive.
now we can call off the search and rescue team.
we just got a little nervous since you hadn't posted in like 6 hrs straight.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
chest + shoulders today

incline db press superset with incline flys 55x10-30x10, 65x7!!-30x10, 65x5-30x10, 65x4-30x10
decline machine press 70x10, 70x9
db pullover 37.5x20

seated machine military superset with bent over lateral raises 70x6-10x10, 70x5-10x10, 70x4-10x10, 50x4-10x10
front raises 10x20

pretty nice hitting 65s on the incline press. really serious pump too

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
did bis this evening

ez curl 83x7, 83x6, 83x5
alternating hammer curls 20x20, 20x20
concentration curls 20x20, 20x20
machine preacher curls (bar only) 29

and done. just felt I needed to at least hit bis, probably hit tris after tomorrows workout

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
sweet deal on reaching the 65s Easy! :clap2:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This reminded me of you easy:)

Attachments

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
no space in the movie room for a treadmill, pity. that would be as good an idea, play video games while treadmilling :D

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ive done it with a stationary bike. :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, i've decided i'm ending the hormonal portion of this cycle, as I came back from georgia with a sinus/upper respiratory infection. I managed my workout friday ok, but had throbbing headaches thru it, and took some tylenol to get it down to a resonable level. when I went to start my workout yesterday by the third rep on lat pulldowns i was ready to fall over from head pain. So I figure i'll take this week lightly or even off entirely to get enough rest to get rid of this, and may as well stop the cycle.

For your viewing entertainment however, i'm doing the ultimate overkill PCT:

Formadrol extreme 2/day
pSarm 6/day
Drive 6/day
IGF-2 12/day
Post Cycle Support 4/day

probably do that for a full month. also when I return to working out regularly i'll continue lean bulk with the addition of Bad Ass Mass and Pro-anabol :). but not going to waste that on an off week ;)

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hope you feel better soon. Working out sick is no fun.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hope you feel better soon. Working out sick is no fun.
I do it anyway. But I'm definately not the smartest guy in the world! haha I haven't missed a single workout (6 days per week) in 10 months now! I could probably use a week off, but my mind says keep going "old man"!! Do you remember in Sin City when Bruce Willis said to himself,"Come on old man. Prove to them that you're still worth a damn"?!! I keep hearing that in my head everyday!! THE THUNDERGOD:hammer:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
couldn't wait any more

incline db press 60x6, 35x20, 50x15, 50x11, 50x9
incline fly 25x10, 25x10, 25x10
zottman curls 25x12, 25x12, 25x11
flat db press 40x14, 40x12, 40x12
narrow grip ez curls 43x15, 43x19
flat db fly 15x10, 15x11, 15x22
concentration curls 15x20, 15x20, 15x17

man do I have a bicep pump. my headache came back momentarily, but just for a few seconds then vanished. I think its more to do with my breathing than anything else. I remember someone mentioning it (I think it was tripdog) in another thread that there is a specific name for it.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
back + tris
wide grip pulldowns superset with standing triceps extenstions 90x20-15x20, 160x12-43x15, 160x10-43x18, 160x10-43x15
chest supported rows superset with tricep kickbacks 50x20-15x15, 70x13-15x15, 70x12-15x15
high row superset with triceps pushdown 90x15-60x14, 105x12-60x12, 105x12-60x12

sweet pump. sweated like crazy. I'm enjoying the higher rep range. I kind of feel like I could have done another exercise or two, maybe db rows or something else.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
nice update!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my new plan I think is
sat chest + bis
sun back + tris
monday off
tues legs
wed shoulders
thurs either off or bis + tris
fri either bis + tris or off depending on thurs.

luckily thurs I can do in the evening so doesn't have to be morning. also trying to do some amount of ab work daily, alternating between crunches + leg lifts one day, and oblique work the other days.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
Hey Easy, I am going to start a cycle of MMv2 next Monday. I have two bottles of the stuff and 1 bottle of Formadrol lined up for my PCT. I haven't worked out how long I am going to stay on cycle for and how much I am going to take daily just yet. Do you have any suggestions pertaining to cycle length/dosage? Also do you have any suggestions in general pertaining to this compound?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dosed at 3, 4 and 5 throughout the log, and would say that 4 is probably enough. I didn't notice much of a difference between 4+5 and results were pretty similar week to week.

i'd say don't be too surprised at the ability to add some lean mass. I mostly was doing ketogenic dieting, but started ramping up cals and still continued to get leaner

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
shoulder pain and suffering :)

db presses superset with front raises 40x8-10x15, 30x20-10x15, 30x12-10x15, 30x12-10x15, 30x10-10x13 (all to failures)

vertical row superset with reverse fly 43x20-30x9, 43x18-20x20, 43x20-20x16, 43x19-20x18, 43x20-20x15

coleman lateral raises 30x7, 20x15, 20x15, 20x13, 20x11

ouch, my shoulders hurt :)

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I symapthize with you on the shoulder pain Easy. I've got a somewhat bad left rotator cuff that aggravates me. I always do some rotator cuff exercises with light dumbells before every workout, whether I'm training shoulders or not. It really helps. It's the price we pay for always trying to increase the weights. Stay safe!! How much longer do you have with the 3-AD? And could you give us a short summary of its effectiveness on issues like libido, recovery, energy, strength, endurance, and other factors please? Appreciate it! THE THUNDERGOD:hammer:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually i'm in pct, almost 2 weeks now :D When I got back from georgia 2 weeks ago, I felt a significant sinus infection coming on, and was getting headaches. so I figured that since I was only a week into 3ad, that it was better to save the remaining 2 weeks of the bottle for a future cycle, than waste it with a week off and sick. I'll be picking up another bottle and running either 5 weeks or possibly 3 at higher dose soon tho. I really only ran it true solo for 2 days, so hard to say how different than mmv2 (I had them overlapping for 5 days)

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Actually i'm in pct, almost 2 weeks now :D When I got back from georgia 2 weeks ago, I felt a significant sinus infection coming on, and was getting headaches. so I figured that since I was only a week into 3ad, that it was better to save the remaining 2 weeks of the bottle for a future cycle, than waste it with a week off and sick. I'll be picking up another bottle and running either 5 weeks or possibly 3 at higher dose soon tho. I really only ran it true solo for 2 days, so hard to say how different than mmv2 (I had them overlapping for 5 days)
Sorry, I remember about the sinus infection and all now. So, what do you have planned after this PCT? Are you going to stay relatively "natty" for a while? Or is time for a summer cut? That's what I need after my cycle and PCT. A summer cut. Ahhh...time to take off the shirt and show the fruition of my labors!! :bb3: THE THUNDERGOD:hammer: P.S.--This guy kinda looks like me, but without all of the body hair!! LMFAO!!