The countdown to abs - a sponsored LG Methyl Masterdrol V2 log

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just need to get cardio motivated again. I think i've done cardio 2 or 3 times in the almost 4 weeks this log has gone. I'm doing ok without doing cardio, but that would help kick it up a notch to the next level. Then again, if i'm loosing fat and gaining strength without, why mess with it :D

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm going back on some DCP! :head: (if i can find any)

CARDIO FTW! ;)

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
take 15 mins off of AM and go do some cardio:run:

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
We need to set Easy up with a treadmill that attaches to his computer, he can only type if he is on it and moving;)

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
We need to set Easy up with a treadmill that attaches to his computer, he can only type if he is on it and moving;)
:rofl::rofl:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, worked out this morning anyhow, which means I got to the hospital a little late :)

flat db press 60x6, 60x6, 60x7, 60x6, 60x6. decided i'd rather give some time here at this weight, as its manageable, let the support muscles get used to the dbs. at 70 last time the chest + tris were ok, but the stabilizers werent
flat db flys 25x10, 25x14
decline db press 40x10, 40x9
inlcline db press 40x9, 40x7
incline db flys 25x11, 25x8

shoulder press 30x7, 30x7, 30x6, 30x6
reverse incline db flys 30x9, 30x11
lateral raise alternated with front raise 10x10, 10x18

my body from the nipples up feel pumped and sore :)

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hows mom and baby doing? And what did you name the little one?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
they are doing good, should be home tomorrow. We went with David :)

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
they are doing good, should be home tomorrow. We went with David :)
That's great to hear Easy. Congrats to you and mommy. Way to go Papa!! THE THUNDERGOD:hammer:

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome log Easy. Just wanted to pop in and say congrats buddy.:thumbsup:

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
congrats on the youngin Easy. Got everything goin your way.:thumbusp:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
first workout postpartum :)

squats 90x6, 230x6, 260x6, 280x6, 300x6. hmm I still have a little left, but just barely :)
wide grip pulldowns 200x6, 200x6, 200x5
chest supported rows 90x12, 90x12
standing vertical db rows 37.5x9, 37.5x10
db pullovers 32.5x12, 32.5x11
db rows 55x12, 55x12

was an afternoon workout rather than morning, was kind of nice. P.R. on squats and pulldowns :)

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You can do cardio when you get up at night to get the baby! you can run back an forth getting more pictures!!!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can do cardio when you get up at night to get the baby! you can run back an forth getting more pictures!!!
sadly, he's sleeping all night ;) so no excuse there

I saw this, and it has me rethinking cardio ;)

(1) Continuous aerobic work plateaus after 8 weeks of training so anything more is counterproductive.
This is quite an “eye opener” for most people who immediately recognize that they may have been wasting their time for such an extended period. To quote Charles, “using this principle in preparation for the 92 Olympics, the Canadian Alpine Ski team actually surpassed the Cross-country team on aerobic scores as measured by third party University labs.” Who wouldn’t want to perform as well as the Canadian Alpine ski team?​

(2) Aerobic training worsens power locally and systemically – in other words, it can make you slower.
If you are an athlete or a “weekend warrior” who likes to participate in athletic events or team sports that require speed and jumping ability, this is the last thing you want from a cardiovascular training program. Coach Poliquin adds that “the more lower body aerobic work you do, the more your vertical jump worsens. The more upper body aerobic work you do, the more your medicine ball throws worsen.”​

(3) Aerobic training increases oxidative stress which can accelerate aging.
According to Endocrinologist Dr. Diana Schwarzbein (author of The Schwarzbein Principle II ,) “oxidation” is a process that forms free radicals in the body. Normally the body can neutralize free radicals with substances known as antioxidants. It is only when there is an excessive build-up of free radicals that the body cannot neutralize all of the free radicals. This leads to changes to your metabolism which can accelerate aging.​

(4) Aerobic training increases adrenal stress which can make you fatter and produce other undesirable health consequences
According to Dr. James Wilson (author of Adrenal Fatigue – The 21st. Century Stress Syndrome,) “normally functioning adrenal glands secrete minute, yet precise and balanced, amounts of steroid hormones”. When one does too much continuous aerobic exercise, the adrenal glands are stressed in a way that can upset this delicate balance which could lead to adrenal fatigue. Adrenal fatigue is associated with such symptoms as: tiredness, fearfulness, allergies, frequent influenza, arthritis, anxiety, depression, reduced memory, and difficulties in concentrating, insomnia, feeling worn-out, and most importantly- with respect to this article - the inability to lose weight after extensive efforts.”​

(5) Aerobic training increases body fat in stressed individuals by contributing additional stress.
If you are already going through a lot of stress in your life then adding more “stress” by doing too much continuous aerobic work will actually add more body fat thus making it hard to reach a weight-loss/body fat goal.​

(6) Aerobic training worsens testosterone/cortisol ratio which impedes your ability to add fat burning lean muscle.
When the testosterone/cortisol ratio is lowered your ability to add lean muscle tissue, which helps to increase caloric expenditure, is again hampered making weight loss much more difficult. Coach Poliquin notes that “continuous aerobic work is basically exercise induced castration!”​

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
call me bad, couldn't take it anymore, opened the 3ad bottle too.... So i'll bridge thru this week, lowering the mmv2 dosage back to 4/day, 4/day on 3ad as well, and once the mmv2 is out go to 5 on 3ad.

flat db press superset with db flys 65x5-30x6, 65x5-30x6, 65x5-30x6 - I'd get it part way up for the 6th rep on those and just not be able to finish it, but was able to cleanly put down the dbs.
incline db press superset with incline db flys 40x10-25x10, 40x10-25x9

lateral db raises superset with front raises 10x10-10x10, 10x10-10x10, 10x10-10x10
db shoulder press 40x6, 40x6, 40x6, 40x6
bent over lateral raise 10x10, 10x10

quite nice, I think i'll stick at 65 for the flat db presses for now. The 3ad felt good, but probably just placebo effect

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so also at this point, calories going up slightly to a lean bulk. today I was 189 on the scale, will do measurements tomorrow morning for comparison

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bad Easy, bad!! lol Only bad, cuz' I don't have any 3-AD to do the same thing! I believe business is about to pick up on the tail-end of this cycle for you. That combo should be sickkk!! Your strength is really going to take off now IMO!! You are going to feel totally jacked!! Go get 'em!! THE THUNDERGOD:hammer:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh snap!! Easy, Im jealous!!

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
just....can't ......resist.....opening.....this.....bottle......of.....3ad!
it was tempting and teasing you ever since you got it. lol.

also, i call no fair to having kids that sleep through the night!!!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its 2 out of 3 that did that. #1 made up for the two that did sleep however.

Hank, did you notice anything like a lethargy off the 3ad? i'm trying to decide whether its the Placebol i'm feeling

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
i felt kind of weird and lethargic the first couple of days on it.
but then it went away and i felt great for the remainder of the cycle.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have plenty of RPM here anyhow ;) and I sort of like that feeling, odd as it sounds. Its almost enough to motivate me to do cardio later :)

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
You planning on getting any blood tests done while on this stack. I'm interested in both ph's but scared what it might do to my lipid profile. Also, I have a hard time buying all the additional supplements to run with a PH to keep everything in check. You end up paying more for the additional supps as you do for the PH.

Yeah, I'm cheap

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am due for my regular annual blood panels, so will likely get them after PCT. comically with the level of fish and fish oils I take in, I have no worries about my HDL, and my LDL tends to stay low. My total cholesterol has been below 130

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I got my bulks in, and with a gram each of glucuronolactone + dl phenylalanine plus rpm in me, I was so wound I had to do something :D

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If only there were was a tredmill that came equipped with VR glasses that simulated a hot chick doin deadlifts in front of you.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just christines idea of the laptop powered by the treadmill or bike would work :)

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
just christines idea of the laptop powered by the treadmill or bike would work :)
haha forgot about that one. yeah that ones a better idea.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
LOL Ahh the joys of cardio! Hows the sweet little angel today?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
he's doing well, woke at 4am for a couple minutes, then went back to sleep. eating well, pooping well, i haven't had to actually change a diaper yet, but did get peed on during an assist. damn those boys, they get some serious distance at that age

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
he was busy having late lunch, i'll put up some more pictures later. He's nice and warm :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just for christine

Here is a picture of #2 when she was that little :)

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
He is so cute!! He resembles his sister quite a bit!!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
did a late bis/tris, quite the exercisey day :) man my forearms hurt!

ez curls superset with db triceps ext 73x7-50x6, 73x7-50x6, 73x8-50x6
incline hammer curls 25x10, 25x13
seated triceps cable extension 35x10, 35x10
lat pulldown bar "upsidedown curls" 35x25
triceps pushdown 70x22
ez curl 53x24

we'll see how I feel in the morning after a day like this :) nothing like really torturing 3ad its first day ;)

i've got a hellacious bicep pump

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, heres some semifinal measurements. the new ones are done with one of the self measuring tapes, so it could be a little different than previous (measured by my wife) think the new ones are more accurate

Starting stats
Weight 186 190 +4
Chest 42 41.25 -.75
Shoulders 48 47.25 -.75
L Bicep 14 3/4 14.25 -.5
R Bicep 14 14 0
L forearm 11 3/4 11.25 -.5
R forearm 11 3/4 11.5 -.25
L calf 15 1/4 15.25 0
R calf 15 15.25 +.25
waist where I wear pants 35 3/4 34.75 -1!
@ belly button 35 3/4 35.75 0

Bodyfat estimate = start 15%, end 14%

So how do I go up 4lbs while everything shrinks? i guess I must have added 5-6lbs of muscle mass in that time, loosing a little fat :) Now starting the 3ad, we'll see where I go

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so did some more bis/tris since i've neglected them so long

ez curls with 10 sec negatives 83, 83, 83, 83, 83, 83
ez curls 83x6, 83x6, 83x6
standing triceps ez bar extension 63x10, 63x10
hammer curls superset with triceps db ext dangit forgot the weights already