My contest preparation log using a whole bunch of Anabolic Innovations products

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Loving the detail John! Trust me, your hard work is going to pay off!

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
sounds really good John, how are you feeling about things...? like everyone else i reckon with the work you're putting success is within reach!

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
hey, can you send me just a little bit of your motivation? i need it! :)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
sounds really good John, how are you feeling about things...? like everyone else i reckon with the work you're putting success is within reach!
Thank you and Thanks to each and every of you.

I am feeling overall good my diet is on check, I am getting in the cardio, My strength has not gone down, when i need a day or couple of days off I take them.

One challenge I am concerned about is my supraspinatus tendon, in the rotaor cuff area which I have gone though 6 weeks of physical therapy and taken off complete upper body for two months before this log. As of now I am doing everything I can, physical therapy, ice, heat and ice, and avoiding anything that causes any kind of pain I instantly back off.

Today I started deep tissue massage and Kim my massagist made some excellent points. One was that it could be other muscles around the supraspinatus tendon that are tight or something like that she said because I have been specifically focused on these exercises on the supraspinatus tendon for three months now. I think these massages will help ,in addition to friction massage, physical therapy, ice heat and ice, myoflex cream, joint supplements, and everything I am putting into getting it 100 %

Two years ago I had to take a full year off upper body due to an elbow injury. The only thing that got it better was mainly Active release therapy and Friction massage as it was knotted up muscle, which many people years or decades liek this and think it is joints and tendons when it is just muscle knotted up. and ART therapy releases the knots. I highly recommend ART therapy for anyone that has tried everything!

and I feel these AI Sports Nutrition supplements are helping me a ton. I heard a well recognized "natty" bodybuilder bashing GDa's glucose disposal agents like Glycobol and All I can say is they certainly do work and work well.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
September 7th 2010

Nutrition (Re-feed day)
250 P
430 CHO
25 F

Exercise Legs

Calves
Donkey Calve raise(smith)
355lbs=8x's .machine messed up so I stopped I had to rack it early
dumb bell between feet
60lbs=6x's

Strait leg deadlift-butt way out for great stretch, back flat, proper form
225=10x's
275=10x's
225=6x's

Smith squats
225=10x's

sleep 8 hours(needed more)

supplements
Glycobol three maybe four with re feed meals and post workout
Cycle support two scoops
Perform~
Testopro~
Essentials and joint three scoops postworkout

I recommend this no calorie butter spray makes life and food much more pleasant

http://www.icantbelieveitsnotbutter.com/Products/Spray.aspx

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
good insight

very good insight and breaking it down.

I keep hearing over and over that the best way to stay in shape for a competition is to just stay leanish, and keep that skin tight which causes a smaller waist come show time.

From now on I plan on being 12% or lower. It is nicer being lean,easier on the knees, easier on general health even though I am pushing 30 I feel no reason to get up to 15% any more as body fat is the number one thing that causes so many health challenges.
pushing 30-hell just wait till you are OVER 50, lol. but very good points on staying lean, i agree 100%.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm slowly approaching 12 myself. Man is it rough

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
September 8th 2010

Nutrition
400 P
160 CHO
40 F
2,560 Calories

Exercise

40 minutes high intensity interval cardio

Sleep 8 hours and a 20-30 minute nap

Supplements
Perform~
Testopro~
Cycle Support two scoops
Two motivates

Holy Moses !!!! On Perform I have had some of my greatest sexual pleasure feelings and erections in a long time, just beastly. I contribute it to the Perform. and I think the longjack is boosting my testosterone. I don't have any studies to back that up. Testopro I do have the studies for free testosterone boosting. Testopro and Perform both may be the culprit of the incredible sexual mood. Mood is terrific as far as feeling masculine and great(alpha male whatever you want to call it) I encourage any one to get on this stuff for one bottle and use it every day.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
September 8th 2010

Nutrition
400 P
160 CHO
40 F
2,560 Calories

Exercise

40 minutes high intensity interval cardio

Sleep 8 hours and a 20-30 minute nap

Supplements
Perform~
Testopro~
Cycle Support two scoops
Two motivates

Holy Moses !!!! On Perform I have had some of my greatest sexual pleasure feelings and erections in a long time, just beastly. I contribute it to the Perform. and I think the longjack is boosting my testosterone. I don't have any studies to back that up. Testopro I do have the studies for free testosterone boosting. Testopro and Perform both may be the culprit of the incredible sexual mood. Mood is terrific as far as feeling masculine and great(alpha male whatever you want to call it) I encourage any one to get on this stuff for one bottle and use it every day.
40 minutes high intensity cardio is no joke. Great work.:)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
September 5th 2010

* when my body feels the cns is worn out from too much cardio and intense training I take a couple days off. Some people think increasing calories will solve this dilemma, it does not work that way, the body needs times to completely rest.

*On a side note Glutamine really seems to make a difference this pre-contest, taking 20 grams a day in two divided doses, when I am hungry it reduces cravings , also on all of these rest days I am taking off ECA stack.
I agree the glutamine helps in a lot of ways but most impressively is the immune system and increased protein synthesis.
September 8th 2010

Yeah, when i was testing it I had 10 days worth and man by the end of the week the orgasms were just toe curling. Was amazing and lots of volume too.
Amen but man it feels great to complete it!

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
damn, I was just noticing the 275lbs SL deads...make my hammies hurt just thinking about it!!!!

BEASTLY!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
nice work, john.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
looking good john!..keep on killing it!;)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not at all Don. Being on eca stack makes cardio easier especially first thing in the morning

I agree the glutamine helps in a lot of ways but most impressively is the immune system and increased protein synthesis.

Yeah, when i was testing it I had 10 days worth and man by the end of the week the orgasms were just toe curling. Was amazing and lots of volume too.

Amen but man it feels great to complete it!
I am a big believer in using glutamine in real stressful situations like contest preparation.

good to see you in here Chris your input is always welcomed.

great job John!
Thank you Kristofer

damn, I was just noticing the 275lbs SL deads...make my hammies hurt just thinking about it!!!!

BEASTLY!
Yeah they are still sore. nice and slow form, esp on the eccentric, with butt sticking out, really fried my hammies

nice work, john.
Thank you Tom

looking good john!..keep on killing it!;)
Thank you Bobby

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I printed my workout up which took up a lot of time and the internet service screwed up. Ill retype it tomorrow

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not at all Don. Being on eca stack makes cardio easier especially first thing in the morning

I am a big believer in using glutamine in real stressful situations like contest preparation.

good to see you in here Chris your input is always welcomed.

Thank you Kristofer

Yeah they are still sore. nice and slow form, esp on the eccentric, with butt sticking out, really fried my hammies

Thank you Tom

Thank you Bobby
That is still one fine cardio session eca or not. Great work John.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I type mine up in note pad or in a google document they are backed up nonstop so you don't lose anything if disconnected. then just do a copy and paste. Are you going to get a video up this weekend? I remember seeing you say something about it. Very curious to see you at 9 weeks out. I also wanna see those giant legs of yours cut up.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I type mine up in note pad or in a google document they are backed up nonstop so you don't lose anything if disconnected. then just do a copy and paste. Are you going to get a video up this weekend? I remember seeing you say something about it. Very curious to see you at 9 weeks out. I also wanna see those giant legs of yours cut up.
This is two days shy of ten weeks out. I miscalculated the date. done almost two weeks ago.

YouTube - 2010 Contest Preparation(close to nine weeks out)

I am exactly eight weeks out today I'll post another in a week or two.maybe a couple weeks. Next time Ill get closer because it is kind of hard to see.

as far as legs, I have been only doing one exercise and one set and that's it for quadriceps for a long time in this log. Quads have shrunk some, esp the last couple weeks, and hamstrings have come up. I think some leg days I may add in another exercise or set or maybe couple sets for quads coming into this show. Moreover, I do not want them out of proportion as my other body parts are playing catch up. esp upper body(well they are not really playing catch up now pre-contest because pre-contest I am not going to really add any mass with these lower calories)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
September 9 th 2010

Nutrition
310 P
215 CHO
20 F
2,280 calories

Exercise

cardio 40 minutes first thing in morning (bike 20 minutes, hard interval elliptical 20 minutes)

Back(later in the evening)

V bar Pulldown
170lbs=10x's

Neutral grip pull ups (body weight, which is 225 , weighted shoes off on Sep 10th)
8x's ( 2 partials)

neutral grip rack pull ups
10x's

One arm dumb bell row (holding two seconds above hips far back as possible, I can do 150 lbs form is not picture perfect though, I may go heavier next time though and compromise super perfect form to just "good" form at times as long as it is good because good form with heavy weight on these seems to help the lat sweep more so Ill think Ill do a lighter strict set and a heavier set or visa versa)
80lbs=8x's
70lbs=10x's

Low V bar cable row
160lbs=9x's( 2 partials)

barbell row(standing on platform, crouched very low, hits my lower lats much better than Yates rows, which hit upper lats more)
185lbs=6x's

Seated dumbbell shrug(holding at very top for a two second count)
70lbs=8x's
75lbs=10x's

Sleep 8 hours and a nap

Supplements
Glycobol two capsules 15-30 minutes post workout
Cycle Support two scoops
Perform~
Testopro~
Essentials and joint-three scoops post workout
RecoverPro-two scoops pre cardio

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
September 10th 2010

Nutrition
325 P
230 CHO
35 F

Exercise: Calves, triceps-biceps, shoulders, forearms-supersets, then, cardio 40 minutes

Seated Calve raise(barefoot)
45+25=10x's
45+45=10x's
Standing calve (shoes on)
400lbs=7-4-4(3 rest pauses) =15x's

Super sets

Incline dumb bell curls 35lbs=5x's immediate stripset-25lbs=9x's
Overhead cable extensions 100lbs=15x's, 140lbs=12x's
Larry Scott standing laterals 25lbs=12x's, (yeah shoulder felt good)
Larry Scott forearms(hips lower) 10+5=10,

spider dumbbell curl 30lbs=7x's
One arm overhead dumb bell extensions 30=12x's
Larry Scott lateral 30lbs=12x's
Larry Scott forearms(same) 10+5=10x's

cardio 40 minutes-15 incline 3.0 =10 minutes
Elliptical interval 30 minutes

Sleep 8 hours and a nap

Supplements
Cycle Support two scoops
Perform~
Testopro~
HGhPro-4 capsules 45 minutes after last no carb meal(no carb meal is crucial!)

Notes* Very nice. I forgot what HGhpro felt like. I have not had this sound and fantastic sleep for a long time. I woke up feeling so good. Usually even ten hours I don't feel this recovered. Not only do I feel good I feel more recovered.

Ronny Rockel visits his Mommy and trains back 4 weeks out
http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/pro-training/ronny-rockel-best-body-nutrition/3400-rockel-trains-back-and-visits-his-mom-4-weeks-out-from-the-o.html

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
September 10th 2010

Nutrition
325 P
230 CHO
35 F

Exercise: Calves, triceps-biceps, shoulders, forearms-supersets, then, cardio 40 minutes

Seated Calve raise(barefoot)
45+25=10x's
45+45=10x's
Standing calve (shoes on)
400lbs=7-4-4(3 rest pauses) =15x's

Super sets

Incline dumb bell curls 35lbs=5x's immediate stripset-25lbs=9x's
Overhead cable extensions 100lbs=15x's, 140lbs=12x's
Larry Scott standing laterals 25lbs=12x's, (yeah shoulder felt good)
Larry Scott forearms(hips lower) 10+5=10,

spider dumbbell curl 30lbs=7x's
One arm overhead dumb bell extensions 30=12x's
Larry Scott lateral 30lbs=12x's
Larry Scott forearms(same) 10+5=10x's

cardio 40 minutes-15 incline 3.0 =10 minutes
Elliptical interval 30 minutes

Sleep 8 hours and a nap

Supplements
Cycle Support two scoops
Perform~
Testopro~
HGhPro-4 capsules 45 minutes after last no carb meal(no carb meal is crucial!)

Notes* Very nice. I forgot what HGhpro felt like. I have not had this sound and fantastic sleep for a long time. I woke up feeling so good. Usually even ten hours I don't feel this recovered. Not only do I feel good I feel more recovered.

Ronny Rockel visits his Mommy and trains back 4 weeks out
http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/pro-training/ronny-rockel-best-body-nutrition/3400-rockel-trains-back-and-visits-his-mom-4-weeks-out-from-the-o.html

Good stuff that HGHpro.:)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
just looked at your latest vid-you definately have the mass. looking huge john.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Great video John! Your looking great!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
just looked at your latest vid-you definately have the mass. looking huge john.
Mass has always been a strong point from the beginning. Btw I have not been able to train shoulders hard and heavy for four months in that video. hoping I can get them bigger and with muscle mmeory coming into my show

Great video John! Your looking great!
thank you Jason

Teach me how to shrink my quads lol!
Just dont train them and they may shrink some. Rosie doesn't even train hers.
I stopped training mine for three months at one time while trainign everything else.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Big announcement:

I called my fellow NGA Competitor Shawn Donnell today , we competed together last year , went out to eat and hung at his house, Me, Matt, and Shawn, and if informed me NGA Nashville show has been canceled this year. they said they will do it in 2011. I am in Tennessee so this was very convenient only three hours away.

I do not know if it is true I have heard from an NGA competitor something about money issues and it would make sense in the economy today.

Anyways I quick found another show called Andrew Bostinto, President of the NGA (he used to compete back in the sixties and seventies) and got some information and I will be traveling all the way to Coral Springs,Florida to do the THE NGA INTERNATIONALS
NGA American International Championships which is one of the biggest or the biggest NGA shows I believe.It is on November 13 th 2010 so that gives me another week, which I'll need doing it slow and steady. So I am 2 days shy of nine weeks out today!

I invite any one around that area and everyone anywhere. AI Sports nutrition is based out of Florida is this right? so if this is close for Mike or any of the AI Team you are warmly invited and you'll hear the name AI Sports Nutrition during my routine in the Thank You section when I am introduced to the crowd.(at least that is how my show last year was done)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
September 11th 2010

Nutrition
335 P
140 CHO
50 F
2,500 calories

exercise hard cardio 40 minutes intervals

sleep nine hours

supplements
Cycle Support two scoops
Perform last day of Peform(five capsules-finished it off)
Testopro- one pill end of eight week testopro run
RecoverPro -two scoops pre cardio

*Testopro combined with Perform has helped so much for keeping strength and testosterone levels up on a contest preparation diet* and libido

any questions on these supplements please ask

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
September 12th 2010

Nutrition
325 P
140 CHO
20 F
2,040 calories

Exercise 40 minutes interval cardio first thing

Sleep eight hours

Supplements
HghPro- Four capsules-sleep and recovery are much better than before I started hghpro
Cycle Support two scoops
Stoked four capsules divided into two servings
RecoverPro-one serving pre cardio

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bigger show, more time.... doesn't get much better than that....

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Big announcement:

I called my fellow NGA Competitor Shawn Donnell today , we competed together last year , went out to eat and hung at his house, Me, Matt, and Shawn, and if informed me NGA Nashville show has been canceled this year. they said they will do it in 2011. I am in Tennessee so this was very convenient only three hours away.

I do not know if it is true I have heard from an NGA competitor something about money issues and it would make sense in the economy today.

Anyways I quick found another show called Andrew Bostinto, President of the NGA (he used to compete back in the sixties and seventies) and got some information and I will be traveling all the way to Coral Springs,Florida to do the THE NGA INTERNATIONALS
NGA American International Championships which is one of the biggest or the biggest NGA shows I believe.It is on November 13 th 2010 so that gives me another week, which I'll need doing it slow and steady. So I am 2 days shy of nine weeks out today!

I invite any one around that area and everyone anywhere. AI Sports nutrition is based out of Florida is this right? so if this is close for Mike or any of the AI Team you are warmly invited and you'll hear the name AI Sports Nutrition during my routine in the Thank You section when I am introduced to the crowd.(at least that is how my show last year was done)
Crowler is from Florida and so is Stxnas. I am not sure but I believe Andres is also from that area.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bigger show, more time.... doesn't get much better than that....
If I am not mistaken this is the "big" NGA show of the year. Lots of competition as well! I am going against the best of the best in the NGA in my second show!
(Lord willing if God allows me to do this show)

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If I am not mistaken this is the "big" NGA show of the year. Lots of competition as well! I am going against the best of the best in the NGA in my second show!
(Lord willing if God allows me to do this show)
We will all be behind you if you make it to the show.:)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This is two days shy of ten weeks out. I miscalculated the date. done almost two weeks ago.

YouTube - 2010 Contest Preparation(close to nine weeks out)

I am exactly eight weeks out today I'll post another in a week or two.maybe a couple weeks. Next time Ill get closer because it is kind of hard to see.

as far as legs, I have been only doing one exercise and one set and that's it for quadriceps for a long time in this log. Quads have shrunk some, esp the last couple weeks, and hamstrings have come up. I think some leg days I may add in another exercise or set or maybe couple sets for quads coming into this show. Moreover, I do not want them out of proportion as my other body parts are playing catch up. esp upper body(well they are not really playing catch up now pre-contest because pre-contest I am not going to really add any mass with these lower calories)
I think if you were going to do one exercise for quads it would be leg extension to work on the separation. Just fine tuning them. Honestly your hamstrings are good man I think you can work those quads a little and not over shadow the hammies. You are looking leaner, and your back is nice and lean Christmas tree is already coming out. Don't rush through your poses though even when making a video. Condition yourself that every presentation is important. I would also start using transitions from one pose to the next in your videos. You will be doing it on stage what better way to get feedback than to present yourself as you would in a show.
Yeah what he said!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is Great to have the support.

Crowler is from Florida and so is Stxnas. I am not sure but I believe Andres is also from that area.
Nice. Coral springs in down in the deep Florida south.

I think if you were going to do one exercise for quads it would be leg extension to work on the separation. Just fine tuning them. Honestly your hamstrings are good man I think you can work those quads a little and not over shadow the hammies. You are looking leaner, and your back is nice and lean Christmas tree is already coming out. Don't rush through your poses though even when making a video. Condition yourself that every presentation is important. I would also start using transitions from one pose to the next in your videos. You will be doing it on stage what better way to get feedback than to present yourself as you would in a show.

Yeah what he said!
Thank you for the feedback.I'll put it into practice.

Something valuable I learned from Frank Zane is facial expressions and learning to control them while posing.

Why not come out and compete with me, you'll be in the heavyweights most likely in the NGA which is 190 and over and I am sure you'll be lean enough by Nov 13th if you aren't already.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
September 13th 2010

Nutrition
280 Protein
500 CHO
50 (or less fat)
3,300-3,500

Excercise

Cardio first thing in morning hard interval cardio 40 minutes

that evening weights: Chest shoulders(biceps+triceps+forearms[bring up body parts]) and abdominals

Incline barbell(I did this exercise at home before I hit the gym because this incline is better its about 15-25 degrees)
dont know weight used don't care=8x's

Smith neck press
185lbs=7x's

Gironda Dips
7x's

Incline Pec Dec
110lbs=8x's

Larry Scott shoulder press(strip sets)
60lbs=6x's-50lbs=3x's-40lbs=9x's-30lbs=7x's-20lbs=11x's

Seated side lateral
30lbs=6x's(stopped early shoulder pain)

nautilus seated lateral machine(one arm at a time)
150lbs=12x's

bent over cable laterals
20lbs=7's
20lbs=6x's
20lbs=6x's

PJR pullover(triceps exercise) supersetted with
85lbs=8x's
seated dumb bell curl
50lbs=7x's

overhand wrist curl on top of preacher bench
15lbs=10x's

abdominals
crunches 25,25
reverse crunches25,25

sleep eight hours of pure bliss

Supplements
HghPro- Four capsules-sleep and recovery are much better than before I started hghpro
Cycle Support two scoops
Essentials and joint -three scoops post training

abs were so sore this morning, upper chest sore as well

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just dont train them and they may shrink some. Rosie doesn't even train hers.
I stopped training mine for three months at one time while trainign everything else.
Yeah, I DON'T train them and they STILL grow, damnit (must be the cardio and my daily 4,300 calories, LOL)! Seriously, I'd have to cut bits out for them to shrink :D

still kicking ars john!..keep it up;)
BOBBY!!! :wave: Long time, no see! How ARE you???!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I DON'T train them and they STILL grow, damnit (must be the cardio and my daily 4,300 calories, LOL)! Seriously, I'd have to cut bits out for them to shrink :D
Wow just think of all the extra work we could do on other body parts if we did not have to work our quads, for me it's traps, big fuggin deal I know... My calves don't need that much attention either...

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
September 13th 2010

Nutrition
280 Protein
500 CHO
50 (or less fat)
3,300-3,500

Excercise

Cardio first thing in morning hard interval cardio 40 minutes

that evening weights: Chest shoulders(biceps+triceps+forearms[bring up body parts]) and abdominals

Incline barbell(I did this exercise at home before I hit the gym because this incline is better its about 15-25 degrees)
dont know weight used don't care=8x's

Smith neck press
185lbs=7x's

Gironda Dips
7x's

Incline Pec Dec
110lbs=8x's

Larry Scott shoulder press(strip sets)
60lbs=6x's-50lbs=3x's-40lbs=9x's-30lbs=7x's-20lbs=11x's

Seated side lateral
30lbs=6x's(stopped early shoulder pain)

nautilus seated lateral machine(one arm at a time)
150lbs=12x's

bent over cable laterals
20lbs=7's
20lbs=6x's
20lbs=6x's

PJR pullover(triceps exercise) supersetted with
85lbs=8x's
seated dumb bell curl
50lbs=7x's

overhand wrist curl on top of preacher bench
15lbs=10x's

abdominals
crunches 25,25
reverse crunches25,25

sleep eight hours of pure bliss

Supplements
Cycle Support two scoops
Essentials and joint -three scoops post training

abs were so sore this morning, upper chest sore as well
Nice workout John.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow just think of all the extra work we could do on other body parts if we did not have to work our quads, for me it's traps, big fuggin deal I know... My calves don't need that much attention either...
I DO do lots of extra work on other body-parts - shoulders and arms. Unfortunately, they really only get more mass when I train legs pre (usually a few sets of squats), which then adds to my legs :sigh: Guess I should be ok that I'll be satisfied with maintaining what I have once I get a bit leaner (and see if I can't find some way around that annoying little fact, LOL, since I wouldn't mind more mass in my arms - they're 2-4 inches SMALLER than most competitors and even fitness models!)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I DO do lots of extra work on other body-parts - shoulders and arms. Unfortunately, they really only get more mass when I train legs pre (usually a few sets of squats), which then adds to my legs :sigh: Guess I should be ok that I'll be satisfied with maintaining what I have once I get a bit leaner (and see if I can't find some way around that annoying little fact, LOL, since I wouldn't mind more mass in my arms - they're 2-4 inches SMALLER than most competitors and even fitness models!)
That's quite the conundrum, you only get mass increase from spill over from training your legs it seems. Working large muscles is supposed to release more growth hormone. I guess you've tried working higher rep ranges to take advantage of that without add as much size to your legs. It probably wouldn't really work as it's the intensity stimulates the HGH release. Normally I would just say don't work that body part as hard.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's quite the conundrum, you only get mass increase from spill over from training your legs it seems. Working large muscles is supposed to release more growth hormone. I guess you've tried working higher rep ranges to take advantage of that without add as much size to your legs. It probably wouldn't really work as it's the intensity stimulates the HGH release. Normally I would just say don't work that body part as hard.
Yep - done everything under the sun, including training and not training legs, higher reps but still as heavy as I can go so the intensity is still there, shorter and longer recovery periods, different set types, adding in boxing, etc. No matter the weight or rep range, if I train legs at all, they GROW - I'm not sh*tting you. Like I said, more mass would be nice in my arms, but if it doesn't happen, then I'm not going to be too concerned.

Brief hijack over now, John. As you were :dot: