A new chapter...RickRock's path on the "DARK SIDE" begins...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As long as you plan and make the eating part of that plan, there is really no real negative implact to loosenig up a bit on the weekends. You may not want to do that so much when you are cutting and have some real work to do... otherwise it is easy to recomp even and plan in some fun eating...

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
Triscuits(Original or Garlic and Herb) and Cracker Barrel sharp cheddar keeps me from cheating too bad.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Triscuits(Original or Garlic and Herb) and Cracker Barrel sharp cheddar keeps me from cheating too bad.
Dates if you crave something sweet...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah one thing you will notice with the testosterone is that when you do eat more carbs the water just wants to stick around a little. Don't sweat it man you planned on a tiny bit of fat, this is just water. Keep doing the thing as planned and it will all work itself out in the end. As far as food I don't think you typically approach enough carbs to worry about excess insulin spiking your BP. You should be fine but keep an eye on BP just because it is smart to do when cycling anything.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
Come on over man. The waters fine!
Yeah, planning to start my cycle once beach season is over, so I can keep my shirt on and easily deny any accusations. :rofl:
I should be around ~180 and hopefully I'll stay sub-10% BF so that will be a good starting imo.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Curious how you guys do your width back stretch... I've tried the hanging one a few times but its hell on my shoulders. I also tried the one in the DVD that's pretty similar to the shoulder stretch but i'm thinking there might be something better out there...

Anything?

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
Are you doing the hanging one with additional weight attached to yourself?

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea it kills my shoulders... I have one that likes to dislocate and i'm trying to avoid that if at all possible

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yea it kills my shoulders... I have one that likes to dislocate and i'm trying to avoid that if at all possible
Load up the hammer strength pull over and go into a deep stretch. You can even do like 1-2in partials at the very bottom of the rom.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 22

Weight: 177 (+12)

Pinned 250mg Test E
Pinned 250mg Masteron E
Dosed 60mg Epi

After burning yesterday and having pretty low cals, the weight came down some but it's still up. My initial plan was to hopefully bulk up to somewhere around 180-185 during this bulk phase before I start cutting up and I'm getting pretty close to the 180 mark. I definitely do look a little softer right now I can tell. I'm going to try to not let it get to me and mess with my head too much, but I am looking forward to shredding up for sure. I will get another check on body fat this weekend and probably take some more progress pics to see where I'm at, and also put them out for you guys to critique.

Progression through the workouts are still going well, and I've been going up in weight on most exercises pretty good, while some exercises I've added reps to (like calf and ham exercises). Strength gains are climbing and consistent, and I expect that I will be setting some PRs very soon through this round of DC and definitely next.

DC workout (Biceps, Forearms, Calves, Hamstrings, Quads)

Alternate DB Curls (rest, pause)
55sx10x4x3 (+5lbs per DB)

DB hammer curls (straight set)
55sx10 (+5 lbs per DB)

Seated Calf Raise (straight set with enhanced negative)
140x9 (+5 lbs)

Leg curls (rest, pause)
180x12x4x3 (+3 reps)

Squats (straight sets)
245x10 (+20 lbs)
205x21 (widowmaker +20 lbs)

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Curious how you guys do your width back stretch... I've tried the hanging one a few times but its hell on my shoulders. I also tried the one in the DVD that's pretty similar to the shoulder stretch but i'm thinking there might be something better out there...

Anything?
Are you doing the hanging one with additional weight attached to yourself?
Load up the hammer strength pull over and go into a deep stretch. You can even do like 1-2in partials at the very bottom of the rom.

The hanging stretch from the wide area of the pull up bar with a couple 45s added to my waist is what I've done most of the time. I think Frank has a great suggestion, but another option if it is killing your shoulders might be to try a different width. Maybe the wide grip is putting too much stress on your shoulders, and coming in a little would help?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The hanging stretch from the wide area of the pull up bar with a couple 45s added to my waist is what I've done most of the time. I think Frank has a great suggestion, but another option if it is killing your shoulders might be to try a different width. Maybe the wide grip is putting too much stress on your shoulders, and coming in a little would help?

When I do pull-ups I move my hands in just a bit to relieve some of the stress on my shoulders and my lats still get one hell of a workout. You guys have seen how much wider I am getting...

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I really like the pullover machine for a stretch because it's pulling from the elbow. I mean if you put your hand behind your head right now, and take your other and push your elbow you will feel a deep lat stretch with no weight. If you really play with your body position and find what works best for you, you can get an insane stretch.

Another option is just doing the hang but like a rack chin. The mechanics are different and I find they put much less stress on the shoulder.

Hope that helps ya Valdez.

Ps. If you don't have rack chins in your rotation for a width movement you're doing yourself a disservice :) They are awesome and have a ton of room for progression.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Rick, sounds great, nice workout. Don't sweat looking softer if you are really worried about it increase you AI slightly and I bet some water drops off. Stay the course with food and don't start cutting until planned. This is the way I have gone about my run with the Transformation. I knew I would be lagging in transformation the first half or so but I am huge for doing it that way, and I am leaner now, the next two weeks will be great for me regarding leaning out because I am pretty lean already 1-1.5 lbs will make a nice difference.

I really like the pullover machine for a stretch because it's pulling from the elbow. I mean if you put your hand behind your head right now, and take your other and push your elbow you will feel a deep lat stretch with no weight. If you really play with your body position and find what works best for you, you can get an insane stretch.

Another option is just doing the hang but like a rack chin. The mechanics are different and I find they put much less stress on the shoulder.

Ps. If you don't have rack chins in your rotation for a width movement you're doing yourself a disservice :) They are awesome and have a ton of room for progression.
I get a great lat stretch from the pull over too. Actually more of one than I get with the weighted hang. Also you may find that you can stretch your lats better one arm at a time by holding something low and leaning back and out against your lat to stretch it. However if you can find a pull over machine that is probably better, I have always stretched my lats at the end of a set of pull overs when on a machine just because it feels great. You can also do it with a moderately light bar just do the pullover and let it pull your hands to the floor and stay that way for a minute.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Right on Frank! Knew you guys would have something! Ill try that out on Thursday!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've tried that and it still makes me nervous. I relax to get into a full stretch and I can feel my shoulder trying to slip right out (or at least I think I can : ) ).

Looking good so far Rick i've between silently following man.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Yeh, I kinda wish I would have gone the rack chins route in favor of chins. I can see where the progression would be good for that exercise.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rick, sounds great, nice workout. Don't sweat looking softer if you are really worried about it increase you AI slightly and I bet some water drops off. Stay the course with food and don't start cutting until planned. This is the way I have gone about my run with the Transformation. I knew I would be lagging in transformation the first half or so but I am huge for doing it that way, and I am leaner now, the next two weeks will be great for me regarding leaning out because I am pretty lean already 1-1.5 lbs will make a nice difference.

I get a great lat stretch from the pull over too. Actually more of one than I get with the weighted hang. Also you may find that you can stretch your lats better one arm at a time by holding something low and leaning back and out against your lat to stretch it. However if you can find a pull over machine that is probably better, I have always stretched my lats at the end of a set of pull overs when on a machine just because it feels great. You can also do it with a moderately light bar just do the pullover and let it pull your hands to the floor and stay that way for a minute.

Yeh man, I am going to just stay the course and gain as much mass as I can for these next 3 weeks. Hopefully will be over 180 and then will look spectacular getting more ripped than ever at around 175-178ish

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeh, I kinda wish I would have gone the rack chins route in favor of chins. I can see where the progression would be good for that exercise.
Well if you stall just swap them out. You will get them in there some time.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rick... I gotta do this here because here, is where it all started! Morry... I was pissed at you because you were calling me out and making me cry saying mean and hateful things like LTL is beating my ass in the competition! So I take my wounded Vagina and challenge you...

The Challenge...
- no before picts
- smack talk (totally, always!)
- 3 wks from agreed upon date
- After picts posted for all to judge, side by side after picts, as in the two of us in the same pict, same lighting, etc. Comparing Apples to Apples, well my Apples are just a little bigger than his, but you guys can be the judge of that!

Bring it... if you Dare mess with Big Brother!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
WooHoo and now it is truly on. Time to get some of that sand out of your vagina Al.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WooHoo and now it is truly on. Time to get some of that sand out of your vagina Al.
Don't worry yourself Kleen, I'll Douche it out before the competition!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When I do pull-ups I move my hands in just a bit to relieve some of the stress on my shoulders and my lats still get one hell of a workout. You guys have seen how much wider I am getting...
Yea that's the thing, pull ups no problem but throwing a 75lb DB on there and just hanging is a completely different story...

I saw the rack chins on that DVD. You think they're better than just chins? As far as having them in my 3... I have chins, close grip chins and v bar pull up, so that's a negative. Ill have to work them in my next swap out.

On another note you guys are all champs, seriously. I put one question up and all of you immediately are there to help a brother out. Reps to all of you its cool as shít to have a lifting community to help with stuff like this. I'd buy you all a beer if I could, cheers guys, this buds for you!

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
When you say chins do you mean chins, or pullups? I think they are awesome, once you find your groove.

ps. you can buy me a doughnut..lol

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When you say chins do you mean chins, or pullups? I think they are awesome, once you find your groove.

ps. you can buy me a doughnut..lol
Lol alright dude everyone calls them chins. I originally thought what I was doing was just a normal pull up. I do my pulls/chins palms away from me not facing.

A donut? Too funny! My family knows when I want to go out and celebrate I want food : ). I don't drink so its always delicious food.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Facing is a chin, away a pull up as far as I'm concerned. However rack chins are done like a pull up, go figure lol.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Facing is a chin, away a pull up as far as I'm concerned. However rack chins are done like a pull up, go figure lol.
That's my stance also until I saw the rack chin deal... It was mind bottling

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think the angle is superior from a rack chin, it takes into account both plains of motion the lats use, pulling down and pulling toward the body.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You guys really have me wanting to throw them rack chins in...lol.

I might have to just go ahead and swap chins for rack chins when they come around in the rotation. ;)

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You guys really have me wanting to throw them rack chins in...lol.

I might have to just go ahead and swap chins for rack chins when they come around in the rotation. ;)
You can, it's not a huge deal. You will still progress on them. There is a shake-down phase on rack chins IMO but once you GET them, you will love them.

The key is keeping your body more upright like a pull up and not stretched out like an inverted row. Additionally try and put your feet on something high enough to where your ass never goes above your feet.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rick... I gotta do this here because here, is where it all started! Morry... I was pissed at you because you were calling me out and making me cry saying mean and hateful things like LTL is beating my ass in the competition! So I take my wounded Vagina and challenge you...

The Challenge...
- no before picts
- After picts posted for all to judge, side by side after picts, as in the two of us in the same pict, same lighting, etc. Comparing Apples to Apples, well my Apples are just a little bigger than his, but you guys can be the judge of that!

Love it! ;-)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

The Challenge...
- no before picts

These have to be full body shots EI legs are part of it too, can't vote on a physique based on only upper body shots.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
These have to be full body shots EI legs are part of it too, can't vote on a physique based on only upper body shots.
Hell Yeah... multiple side by side shots, legs, calves, abs, you name it... no hiding behind strong body parts only, those will be obvious and so will be the ones that are lacking, constructive criticism is always welcome! I mean I'm not perfect, but I am getting dangerously close!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 23

Weight: 178.5 (+13.5)

Dosed 60mg Epi
Dosed 4.5mg Albuterol

Well, after yesterday's carb up my weight returned to where it was. I'm looking pretty damn full right now which is pretty nice. I'm hoping to add some more in the next couple weeks and at least be above the 180 mark. I know I'm holding quite a bit of water right now, but in a couple weeks I will be cutting some carbs and adding in an AI which should drop the water weight down considerably. I was wondering how I would respond to test without an AI, and so far so good. I have the water retention, but no estrogen side effects to speak of and no nipple sensitivity or puffiness that I can tell.

I made an attempt to run again during cardio this morning, but it was pretty brutal. I got in about 10 minutes before I had to stop from the killer pain in my shins. It looks like running will be in short durations when it is done for now. Even incline treadmill seemed to really kill my shins where it became a problem.

20 minutes treadmill (half the time running, half the time incline walking)

20 minutes elliptical

40 minute total session with a 500 cal burn

Back to another killer DC session tomorrow with some planned PRs!! :D

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established
I accept.

2 to 1 odds. 50 bucks on the line . 100 in Scotty s hand if he wins and he won't .

Starts on June 25th monday till July 16 th.

Pics at start and end. That's it's.

Who will officiate???

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I accept.

2 to 1 odds. 50 bucks on the line . 100 in Scotty s hand if he wins and he won't .

Who will officiate???

I hate to volunteer anyone, but I think Kleen would be excellent in that role for officiating you guys' challenge ;)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I accept.

Who will officiate???
Focking right! This will be legendary!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I accept.

Who will officiate???
Hey what are you fuggers talkin about!! I want in on this my peak coincides with these dates!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bring it!!!

But you have to come to GA for the pics.....
Now that's an expensive proposition :( oh I get it you are standing side by side...

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Morry... It is on like Donkey-Kong LiL Brother!!!

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I think you two should add a strength portion to this, so it isn't just two oilled up dudes, wearing man-thongs, playing grab ass, and posing in Scotty's kitchen. ;)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hell Yeah... multiple side by side shots, legs, calves, abs, you name it... no hiding behind strong body parts only, those will be obvious and so will be the ones that are lacking, constructive criticism is always welcome! I mean I'm not perfect, but I am getting dangerously close!
Cool and LOL!

Day 23

Weight: 178.5 (+13.5)

Dosed 60mg Epi
Dosed 4.5mg Albuterol

Well, after yesterday's carb up my weight returned to where it was. I'm looking pretty damn full right now which is pretty nice. I'm hoping to add some more in the next couple weeks and at least be above the 180 mark. I know I'm holding quite a bit of water right now, but in a couple weeks I will be cutting some carbs and adding in an AI which should drop the water weight down considerably. I was wondering how I would respond to test without an AI, and so far so good. I have the water retention, but no estrogen side effects to speak of and no nipple sensitivity or puffiness that I can tell.

I made an attempt to run again during cardio this morning, but it was pretty brutal. I got in about 10 minutes before I had to stop from the killer pain in my shins. It looks like running will be in short durations when it is done for now. Even incline treadmill seemed to really kill my shins where it became a problem.

20 minutes treadmill (half the time running, half the time incline walking)

20 minutes elliptical

40 minute total session with a 500 cal burn

Back to another killer DC session tomorrow with some planned PRs!! :D
The Masteron is helping to keep any gyno away which is nice. You must feel great without an AI. I have managed mine with Formeron, a formestane product.

If you wanna see c o c k just ask
If I wanted to see c o c k don't you think I would choose more impressive subjects to ask? I mean you don't see me going to Ethiopia asking for a buffet do you?

I think you two should add a strength portion to this, so it isn't just two oilled up dudes, wearing man-thongs, playing grab ass, and posing in Scotty's kitchen. ;)
That is just a really frightening thought.

As far as officiating the thread I can do it. I will make one thread where we talk about the contest and let them talk smack to one another. At the end of that thread when everything is done and I have all the pics I will create a new thread with their pics and a poll that you can vote for who you think has the best physique at the end. We will leave that poll open for one week and the winner will be selected by the masses unless the two of you want specific judges.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awww.... Are you feeling jealous and left out there Frankie?