A new chapter...RickRock's path on the "DARK SIDE" begins...

dustinr334

dustinr334

Banned
Awards
No. Not knowing what a certain movement or exercise doesn't mean you know nothing, but asking if you can use a certain exercise when cutting/bulking leads me to believe you don't really know all that much in terms of training. And I am trying to tell you, in the least dickish way I know how, that it makes ZERO ****ing difference..lol

You can do them bulking, cutting, fulking, culking, recomping, leaning, fattening, hopping, skipping, jumping, juggling, or whatever term you want to attach to it.
K. Frank/guru

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It's not about being a guru. It's about using common sense.

Rather than cry about it why not post a rational explanation to your question? Ie. "I was just wondering because xxxx"

I mean I'd like to understand the thought process and logic behind a question like that.

Valdez, let's do a lower day Friday i gotta dl today so I'll be shot but **** it.

dustinr334

dustinr334

Banned
Awards
Woah!!! U blew my mind. U definitely know more than me..lol

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Valdez, let's do a lower day Friday i gotta dl today so I'll be shot but **** it.
I'd be in brother but i'm at the Fire station til Friday night and have some army stuff Saturday. Saturday night I may be heading to Scottsdale for a little shenanigans if you're in...

Gym next week for sure. Lots of eye candy at golds too ; )

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established
I find that as I get lower on body fat that widow makers in 3 sets paired with circuit training, a good diet and after workout cardio, will remove the most stubborn of fat.
High rep Deads at 315x20 will do it too.

I also like torturing myself in the gym.

3 day split back to back when I'm recomping but even then I can only stand the overtraining for 5-6 weeks before I have to break for a bit.

I think ill do WMs today! I can't wait.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
I find that as I get lower on body fat that widow makers in 3 sets paired with circuit training, a good diet and after workout cardio, will remove the most stubborn of fat.

3 day split back to back when I'm recomping but even then I can only stand the overtraining for 5-6 weeks before I have to break for a bit.

You are a crazy mofo morry! You must really hate yourself lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
what i thought i looked like before reading this log

now how i see myself after reading this log
Wait so you saw yourself as a homo with scoliosis before this log and now you are the cookie monster? Sorry I am a jack ass I know it.

Morry is a beast with a penchant for over training to the max. Only try to follow his lead if your joints are made of adamantium. Not everyone can train like him, his body is remarkably resilient. That being said he knows his sh!t.

Dustin, chill brother, you ask a question in an open forum you are not asking 1 person. You ask the same question multiple times someone who answered you already is going to get frustrated that they spent time giving you an answer and you dismissed it and asked the same question again... He is just trying to help out. On top of that Frank is one of the best built guys in this thread. Don't let his avatar fool you into thinking he is not both jacked and lean.

As far as training goes, these widowmakers tend to use a lot of energy so if you are cutting and eating in a deficit they will definitely help you lose some fat compared to a straight set of 8. However your recovery will be slower due to less cals so you have to adjust for that with your frequency. Frank is completely right about the fact that most any resistance workout is good for either goal so long as you are eating for your goal. A 5x5 program is awesome for cutting and keeping your muscle mass and density. You just take 60 seconds rest instead of 120. I am doing one that is a giant set of 9 compound exercises for the whole body that I go through 3 times with no rest. That is great for cutting and is also adding muscle to my frame. You can do any of these with bulking or cutting as an intention, the key is in the nutrition.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You are a crazy mofo morry! You must really hate yourself lol
This is what is gonna happen to Morry next time I see his Azz...

He knows why...

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RduDnkfCdZQ">YouTube Link</a>
He knows why...
Hahahahahahaha that is the funniest focking thing I have seen all day!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

He knows why...
DeJaVu! I swear i just saw this somewhere... :)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Wait so you saw yourself as a homo with scoliosis before this log and now you are the cookie monster? Sorry I am a jack ass I know it.

Morry is a beast with a penchant for over training to the max. Only try to follow his lead if your joints are made of adamantium. Not everyone can train like him, his body is remarkably resilient. That being said he knows his sh!t.

Dustin, chill brother, you ask a question in an open forum you are not asking 1 person. You ask the same question multiple times someone who answered you already is going to get frustrated that they spent time giving you an answer and you dismissed it and asked the same question again... He is just trying to help out. On top of that Frank is one of the best built guys in this thread. Don't let his avatar fool you into thinking he is not both jacked and lean.

As far as training goes, these widowmakers tend to use a lot of energy so if you are cutting and eating in a deficit they will definitely help you lose some fat compared to a straight set of 8. However your recovery will be slower due to less cals so you have to adjust for that with your frequency. Frank is completely right about the fact that most any resistance workout is good for either goal so long as you are eating for your goal. A 5x5 program is awesome for cutting and keeping your muscle mass and density. You just take 60 seconds rest instead of 120. I am doing one that is a giant set of 9 compound exercises for the whole body that I go through 3 times with no rest. That is great for cutting and is also adding muscle to my frame. You can do any of these with bulking or cutting as an intention, the key is in the nutrition.
Thanks kleen. I was actually going to refer dustin to your thread in transformers to show how much mass youre gaining on what most would consider a "cutting routine". Then i got lazy, and then i remembered i was at work and typing a big long answer and finding links and such would turn my 15 minute poopie break into a 45 minute fiasco and probably a "youve been pooping for 45 minutes? Did you beat off too?" Type of question from the boss.

Either way, everyone responds differently to training. Expiramentation never hurt anyone...

Morry your a sick f*ck. Light high rep deads @315x20? I loled when i realized i might be able to turn that into a widow maker on a very good day if i was lucky.

dustinr334

dustinr334

Banned
Awards

Wow I tried the wm's with deads today.. tried the 315x20...docking brutal. I nearly got kicked out of that weak as$ gym...they said I was lifting to hard. Lol. That was great .. sorry for the hostility to u others. I just don't like people popping off that I don't know sh@t an they know nothing bout me.....anyway love the wm's

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Be careful widowmakering deads.

On any widow when form starts to break down you're done, stop.

I'll do high rep from time to time but not true wm fashion. Think I got 405 x 18 last time before form started breaking down.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wow I tried the wm's with deads today.. tried the 315x20...docking brutal. I nearly got kicked out of that weak as$ gym...they said I was lifting to hard. Lol. That was great .. sorry for the hostility to u others. I just don't like people popping off that I don't know sh@t an they know nothing bout me.....anyway love the wm's
Wow Widow makers on DL is hard core. That is a back thickness and typically done as a straight set so doing the 20 is beast mode for sure.

Wouldn't sweat any of the prior dialogue. I don't think Frank was accusing you of not knowing anything then again what the hell do I know. ;)
I think you all just got wires crossed. That is was happens when you have 2000 alpha males on one site. Sometimes the rams have got to but heads. No big deal. By the way 5'10 and 248, that is a good amount of real estate there big man.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bring it fat boy....
OK... well why don't you come and we'll take a picture of you standing next to me with our shirts off and see who is so fat and who is so tiny... little brother... mini-me... Mo-Fo!!!

dustinr334

dustinr334

Banned
Awards
Wow Widow makers on DL is hard core. That is a back thickness and typically done as a straight set so doing the 20 is beast mode for sure.

Wouldn't sweat any of the prior dialogue. I don't think Frank was accusing you of not knowing anything then again what the hell do I know. ;)
I think you all just got wires crossed. That is was happens when you have 2000 alpha males on one site. Sometimes the rams have got to but heads. No big deal. By the way 5'10 and 248, that is a good amount of real estate there big man.
Lol. So true bout alpha males. Haven't updated my profile. I went on a hard cut. Weight is 217 now. Pump looks amazing when in gym

dustinr334

dustinr334

Banned
Awards
Be careful widowmakering deads.

On any widow when form starts to break down you're done, stop.

I'll do high rep from time to time but not true wm fashion. Think I got 405 x 18 last time before form started breaking down.
Cool..got it! When form breaks stop.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
OK... well why don't you come and we'll take a picture of you standing next to me with our shirts off and see who is so fat and who is so tiny... little brother... mini-me... Mo-Fo!!!

WOOHOO you all heard it here first. Scotty just put up his finished physique at the end of this contest against Morry's physique. Lets get those pics up in a thread and we will take a vote on it!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WOOHOO you all heard it here first. Scotty just put up his finished physique at the end of this contest against Morry's physique. Lets get those pics up in a thread and we will take a vote on it!
Yes, right next to one another side by side... as in the same photo, not two photos side by side!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lol. So true bout alpha males. Haven't updated my profile. I went on a hard cut. Weight is 217 now. Pump looks amazing when in gym
Is your avi up to date or is that you at 248? Your arms look HUGE!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yes, right next to one another side by side... as in the same photo, not two photos side by side!
Nice, Morry, what say you? You in on this one?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Rick, funny that another challenge is being issued in your thread again. LOL Your epicness must cause a surge of alpha activity once in here.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rick, funny that another challenge is being issued in your thread again. LOL Your epicness must cause a surge of alpha activity once in here.
So true! This is how the transformers started if I'm not mistaken..

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established
What are the terms?

Best physique in 3 weeks?

Judged by the transformer log voters??

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah 3 weeks, we can do a poll that anyone can vote in, or if you all would rather it be the guys in the Transformers contest judging I am sure we would all be happy to oblige. I know I could be unbiased for sure. I guess the one stipulation was that the pose down is side by side in the same pictures.

So I guess this is quite simply the person with the best overall physique wins?

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good lord, a lot of things happened while I was gone. Everything from widowmakers to this next CHALLENGE?!!

Morry vs. ScottyDoc in the same photo! Nice! Can't wait to see how that one pans out...lol

dustinr334

dustinr334

Banned
Awards
Good lord, a lot of things happened while I was gone. Everything from widowmakers to this next CHALLENGE?!!

Morry vs. ScottyDoc in the same photo! Nice! Can't wait to see how that one pans out...lol
Yea. We got a little outta line with the widowmakers,lol... gotta love these forums!!

The challenge is great. Can't wait for the finale

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 18

Weight: 175 (+10)

Dosed 60mg Epi
Dosed 4.5mg Albuterol

Well, today is a burn day. For some reason I looked leaner today. I don't know if it was from drying out some or what it actually is, but I certainly looked less bloated this morning and my weight went down a half pound from the previous day also. I kept cardio pretty short and sweet today. Just a 20 minute session of running the treadmill at 7.5 MPH

I'm really looking forward to tomorrows workout. I really think there will be some nice strength gains tomorrow and tomorrow officially begins my second round of all the DC workouts, so the progression is really starting now that the initial starting reps and weights are out of the way. Should be a good time from here!

Tomorrow is my next pin as well ;)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds sweet, can't wait to hear it. When I do it right I look best when I wake up on a burn day. It means I got just enough carbs for my muscles to soak up and pull any subq water into the muscle with it. When on anabolics it is easier to hit that mark too because the glut 4 reaction in the muscle is intensified.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds sweet, can't wait to hear it. When I do it right I look best when I wake up on a burn day. It means I got just enough carbs for my muscles to soak up and pull any subq water into the muscle with it. When on anabolics it is easier to hit that mark too because the glut 4 reaction in the muscle is intensified.
You may have something there with that Kleen. I couldn't figure out why the hell I looked leaner following a workout day with the higher carbs. Definitely enjoying the fullness though

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 19

Weight: 175.5 (+10.5)

Pinned 250mg Test E
Pinned 250mg Masteron E
Dosed 60mg Epi

Well, I can honestly say that I think I have pinning down good now. The last two times I've pinned I can't even tell I did it, so I must be doing something right. I mean absolute zero feeling of pain or any sensation whatsoever. On another note, my joints are definitely starting to feel some abuse, particularly in my legs. I've started up some Cissus, glucosamine, and MSM to help with it. I noticed a lot of pain the last time I ran too, so I may have to stick to other forms of cardio for a while until my joints feel good again. Other than that I'm having zero side effects so far.

As expected, I had some nice things going for my workout. I seen some nice strength gains in all exercises, with the biggest one on hammer trench chest presses. I went up 20 lbs on it and still matched every rep I did the last time. I could have and should have went up more, so I will go up at least another 20 lbs the next time I do them. DB shoulder presses is the only exercise I didn't add any weight to but I did add reps. I did this because I was trying to get to a higher rep range anyways with the exercise. I was a little disappointed with my chins at first. I went up 10 lbs on it, but I wanted a couple more reps. Then I realized that I really added closer to 20lbs because my weight has went up 10 lbs also...lol

(chest, shoulders, triceps, back width, back thickness)

Hammer strength chest press (rest, pause)
255x13x4x3 (+20 lbs)

DB shoulder press (rest, pause)
70sx14x6x4 (+ 4 reps)

Smith machine close grip bench (rest, pause)
160x10x5x3 (+10 lbs)

Chins (ret, pause)
BW + 55 x7x3x2 (+10 lbs)

Seated Tbar rows (straight sets)
205x10x8 (+15 lbs)

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's the only side.
From this point forward its looking like the only side for me. I know its early in the cycle, but I believe I've seen the light through the DARK SIDE :sgrin:

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
From this point forward its looking like the only side for me. I know its early in the cycle, but I believe I've seen the light through the DARK SIDE :sgrin:
You're pulling me over, Rick. :fing26: haha

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
I have recently took the plunge into the DARK SIDE.... I'm sold! Dark Side or no Side!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 21

Weight: 178.5 (+13.5 lbs)

Dosed 60mg epi
Dosed 4.5mg Albuterol

WOW! After eating quite a bit of "bad" food the last couple days, my weight rose quite a bit, but unfortunately so did the bloat. I definitely had quite a bit of bloat this morning waking up to that scale weight. I'm sure that weight wil come down some over the next couple days. Today is a burn day so I would expect it to come down some by tomorrow. I did make an attempt to clean up some today, and the diet was kept mostly clean. though me and the wife did go out for a movie today and I had a buttload of popcorn at the theater. So because of all that sodium, ,my weight may still be up quite a bit tomorrow.

I did a 60 minute cardio session today, and even though my endurance was very good....I had a lot of pain in my shins and calves that kept me from pushing too much. So I didn't get to run as much as I had wanted. I did run for about 20 minutes with a break a couple times in there at 7.5 MPH. then I did HIIT for 15 minutes of running one minute at 10 MPH followed by one minute at 3 mph alternating. The rest of the 60 minutes was incline treadmill walking 10% @ 3.5 MPH

Total burn: 825 cals

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
lol man careful with the diet...keep it clean! While not on cycle it's pretty easy to cheat around with that bad food, but when you're on substances that have a relation to heightened blood pressure, you may want to be better safe than sorry with the food lol.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol man careful with the diet...keep it clean! While not on cycle it's pretty easy to cheat around with that bad food, but when you're on substances that have a relation to heightened blood pressure, you may want to be better safe than sorry with the food lol.
It's nothing new for me to cheat a little on the weekends bro. I agree with you completely about watching things though. I've been a little more lenient than normal on weekends while I'm trying to add mass. Here in another 3 weeks or so when I start shredding up, I will tighten things up quite a bit all over, especially on the weekends. Thanks for the input!

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
No problem man. And by all means, live a little on the weekends, life is too short.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No problem man. And by all means, live a little on the weekends, life is too short.
I agree, and it certainly makes my wife happy when the diet is looser on the weekends. :)