A new chapter...RickRock's path on the "DARK SIDE" begins...

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Siiick!

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established
Rick,

Nothing short of amazing. Because you are so lean, the changes seem small but so noticeable all at the same time. This is about to get even more interesting.

Great job and looking focking stacked bro. Looking forward to more. I always love a Rick log, but this sh1t is going to be legendary.

Morry

PIKEstrong

Awards
Great thickness in your back! Really night and day from the beginning. Keep up with those deads!!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Incredible bro! Just getting started and already reeking havoc bro! Barely holding any water in your mid yet blown up every where else! You must be loving this sh1t Rick!

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Truly impressive, bro. Arms are noticably bigger. Chest is much thicker. Keep it up!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great job Rick... Killing it Brother, I knew this would be a good move for you!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 16

Weight: 175 (+10)

Dosed 60mg EPI
Dosed 4.5mg Albuterol

Thank you to everyone for the compliments and great feedback on my progress pics. I truly appreciate it!

Todays weigh-in had me at 175, so I've eclipsed the 10 lb gain mark. Its one accomplishment of many I have of many for this cycle, but it feels good to get there at just over 2 weeks. My weight may drop a tad for tomorrows weigh-in because today is a burn day, but it shouldn't drop more than a pound at most.

I'm eating clean today, but probably a little more of it than typical burn days. Since my bodyfat is pretty much staying in check, and I'm primarily interested in muscle mass right now, I am going to be a little more loose on these burn days. It will still always be clean, just more of it. Cals will probably be 2200-2500 on these days.

Today's cardio was a 45 minute session. I really had to push today for some reason. I think my endurance has taken a hit (probably from being 10 lbs heavier), and my shins and knees were hurting a little. I guess i could be drying my joints a tad from the EPI, but if i am it isn't much. I figured estrogen from running test would take care of drying out too much. I haven't noticed any issues during weight training yet, but I may have to add some Cissus in soon to help.

30 minutes treadmill @ 7.5 MPH 415 cals (3.75 miles distance)

15 minutes elliptical 200 cals

Total burn 615 cals

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Wow. Looking great man. The back is really getting thicker. Amazing how lean you are staying. Keep up the good work brotha!

cardiobro

cardiobro

Awards
looking awesome dude, and with ten weeks to go this is really looking solid. Awesome lightning bolt shoulder vein on the left delt hahahaha

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
looking awesome dude, and with ten weeks to go this is really looking solid. Awesome lightning bolt shoulder vein on the left delt hahahaha
Seriously Rick, its crazy to think you're only 2 Weeks in... Solid workouts too bro!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome work Rick, out of those 10 lbs it looks like only 2-3 of it is subcutaneous water. You are a lot more full, vascularity looks great, all around impressive!

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Looks like that ten pounds went to your back ! Lol ! It's awesome that your staying lean. .02% increase in bf in two weeks in fock all :)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looks like that ten pounds went to your back ! Lol ! It's awesome that your staying lean. .02% increase in bf in two weeks in fock all :)
I don't know at least some of it went to his chest. He had a ripped chest before but it was not thick, now it has thickness to it. I agree though his back looks like a slab of contoured granite.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
I don't know at least some of it went to his chest. He had a ripped chest before but it was not thick, now it has thickness to it. I agree though his back looks like a slab of contoured granite.
Lol yeah I agree his chest does show a decent thickness increase but his back is definitely a standout. :)

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good **** man! Both bis and shoulders look larger already, chest separation looks more apparent, stomach area shows 0% increase of body fat...if anything, it looks like it could be leaner. You're killing it man, keep it up.

From a critical standpoint (since everyone saying "awesome" won't help), I think one of the larger aspects to focus on is upper chest. Also, none of your pics show your traps very prominently, they could possibly be an area of improvement as well (can't say for sure without pics, though).
Yeh actually traps are one of my strong points. The second set of pics I posted which was after you already posted has a most muscular pose in it with a little bit better look at trap development. My back pic should also give a good indication as well.

Thanks brosef!

Rick,

Nothing short of amazing. Because you are so lean, the changes seem small but so noticeable all at the same time. This is about to get even more interesting.

Great job and looking focking stacked bro. Looking forward to more. I always love a Rick log, but this sh1t is going to be legendary.

Morry
Just trying to become legendary one day like you, my bro :sgrin:

My god you got huge....
Haha thanks Matt,...it's only just begun...

Great thickness in your back! Really night and day from the beginning. Keep up with those deads!!
Thanks man, as long as the back holds up you can bet that I will continue to kill them deads!

Incredible bro! Just getting started and already reeking havoc bro! Barely holding any water in your mid yet blown up every where else! You must be loving this sh1t Rick!
Thanks LTL! I'm definitely loving it. Everything is going according to plan so far, and I couldn't be happier. I think the coming weeks will just get better and better!

Truly impressive, bro. Arms are noticably bigger. Chest is much thicker. Keep it up!
Thanks man. Those are the points that I felt I made the biggest progress as well along with back.

Great job Rick... Killing it Brother, I knew this would be a good move for you!
Thanks Al! I'm going to give it everything I can and hopefully come out of this thing looking big, lean, and freaky!...lol

Wow. Looking great man. The back is really getting thicker. Amazing how lean you are staying. Keep up the good work brotha!
I can tell I've added thickness there as well. I hadn't really realized it until looking back on the pics. Thanks bro!

That vein is definitely my most prominent one I think...lol

Seriously Rick, its crazy to think you're only 2 Weeks in... Solid workouts too bro!
Appreciate it bro! I'm really enjoying the training, and I think it has really contributed to the progress

Awesome work Rick, out of those 10 lbs it looks like only 2-3 of it is subcutaneous water. You are a lot more full, vascularity looks great, all around impressive!
WOW... Thanks Kleen! I'm surprised at how little water I'm holding for putting on 10 lbs myself, especially considering being on test with no AI. The fullness has been great and I'm getting more fuller and more vascular by the day it seems...:)

Some of that weight definitely went there for sure....Thanks bro!

My chest was actually the most noticeable part to myself that I could tell I had fullness. I guess staring down at it without a shirt on I could tell it was puffing out more. Funny thing is I abandoned flat BB Bench all together like we were talking a while back to try and get some more thickness with other exercises....so I guess that was also a good move! ;)

Lol yeah I agree his chest does show a decent thickness increase but his back is definitely a standout. :)
Thanks brother! I was really happy to see some thickness added to both areas, especially the chest since that was a weaker area of mine in terms of thickness before

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My God man I thought was batista off WWE!! Those are insane progress pictures makes me wanta do the same cycle sob man you are killing it!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just wait in a couple weeks you are gonna look at yourself and be like Holy Sh!t... am I really this big and lean right now?

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Out of curiosity Rick, what is you chest routine that you abandoned flat BB bench?

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just wait in a couple weeks you are gonna look at yourself and be like Holy Sh!t... am I really this big and lean right now?
I hope you are right man. I can live with that!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Out of curiosity Rick, what is you chest routine that you abandoned flat BB bench?
My 3 rotating exercises for chest on this DC training are Hammer strength chest press, Incline smith machine bench, and DB Bench press. Those are the ones that I feel can help my chest grow the most, what I can make the most progress on, and also exercises I can safely go to absolute failure on (all points important with DC)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great selections too!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Am I really gonna be the one who has to say it? You look terrible, bro...I mean, really.

:rofl: :laugh: :lol: :laugh2: :lmao:

Looking great, man. Looking forward to what these next 3 months bring you :yup:

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
My 3 rotating exercises for chest on this DC training are Hammer strength chest press, Incline smith machine bench, and DB Bench press. Those are the ones that I feel can help my chest grow the most, what I can make the most progress on, and also exercises I can safely go to absolute failure on (all points important with DC)
Nice. I may look into trying that in a few months. I just found out that my sore wrist is actually broken so I may need to get creative for a bit. Lol

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice. I may look into trying that in a few months. I just found out that my sore wrist is actually broken so I may need to get creative for a bit. Lol
Time out of the gym is the worst! I've had to take a week off and hating it. Especially when just starting DC. Good luck!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's pretty similar to what I have setup minus the hammer strength. I would really like to incorporate the hammer strength but we don't have that at my Fire station.

The couple DC blasts I have done I loved! Some As I lay Dying, gym time and my underlying anger issues make for the perfect environment to go all out. I know I'm going to grow on this routine. I'm excited so thanks to Frank, kleen and Rick for all the DC info!

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
You use the exactly same three I use for chest man lol. Mine go A1 Smythe Incline, A2 DB Flat, A3 HS Chest Press.

I do the same for shoulders, helps with continuity...ie Smythe Shoulder Press, DB Shoulder Press, HS Shoulder Press.

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
what i thought i looked like before reading this log

now how i see myself after reading this log

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great selections too!
Thanks Chris!

Am I really gonna be the one who has to say it? You look terrible, bro...I mean, really.

:rofl: :laugh: :lol: :laugh2: :lmao:

Looking great, man. Looking forward to what these next 3 months bring you :yup:
Lol....thanks Man. I'm looking forward to it too, and enjoying the hell out of it so far.

Wow...that sucks. I guess you will just have to work around it and use some ingenuity!

Time out of the gym is the worst! I've had to take a week off and hating it. Especially when just starting DC. Good luck!
Yeh, there is never a good time out of the gym when you love being there, and any of us in this lifestyle love being there!

That's pretty similar to what I have setup minus the hammer strength. I would really like to incorporate the hammer strength but we don't have that at my Fire station.

The couple DC blasts I have done I loved! Some As I lay Dying, gym time and my underlying anger issues make for the perfect environment to go all out. I know I'm going to grow on this routine. I'm excited so thanks to Frank, kleen and Rick for all the DC info!
I'm loving it so far too man. Keep us updated on how it's going for you too ;)

You use the exactly same three I use for chest man lol. Mine go A1 Smythe Incline, A2 DB Flat, A3 HS Chest Press.

I do the same for shoulders, helps with continuity...ie Smythe Shoulder Press, DB Shoulder Press, HS Shoulder Press.
Nice! I guess I did ok on my picks then it seems, since everyone seems to approve of it.

what i thought i looked like before reading this log

now how i see myself after reading this log

LMAO.....you are being too hard on yourself bro...lol. I remember them big ass guns you have in the last pics I saw.

:laugh:

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 17

Weight: 175.5 (+ 10.5)

Dosed 60mg Epi

Well, after yesterday's burn day I expected my weight to be down a tad, and instead was up another half pound...lol. I can't argue with that as my fullness and weight is still climbing. I think things are really starting to kick in hard. I've got a little acne showing up in spuratic places, and aggression has definitely increased. I've had road rage like a mother focker the last couple days...lol. I'm just really happy right now with the way things are going and the appearance changes that are coming with it. ;)

Today's workout was probably the biggest indication that the nice strength gains are coming. It's a little bit more difficult to measure than normal because of the fact that today was the last of my DC workouts in which I was using my initial starting weights. So, it's a little harder to actually see where I'm at compared to where I was when today was the starting point. But, several exercises went extremely well and felt much lighter than expected. The preacher curls I started with felt really light, even with doing the slow negatives in a rest, pause. I did more reps than I thought I would and Its actually a PR today on those! I did guess wrong on the starting weight with the leg press toe raises (just like i have every time I've done calves). The calf exercises are so brutal with the enhanced negatives, that it don't take much to put you in agony. I was going for 12 reps and only got 8. The leg press I managed to make some HUGE progress on. I added 20 lbs to what I did the last time I did them and even did more reps! My widowmaker set I added 50 more lbs and ALSO added reps cranking out an agonizing 24!

Things are really starting to get good guys....don't go anywhere! :thumbsup:

DC workout (Biceps, Forearms, Calves, Hamstrings, Quads)

EZ curl bar Preacher Curls (rest, pause)
85x13x6x5 (starting weight)

Reverse grip one arm cable curls (straight set)
50x12 (starting weight)

Leg press toe raise (straight set with enhanced negative)
270x8 (starting weight)

Sumo press (rest, pause)
320x13x6x4 (starting weight)

Leg press (straight sets)
470x14 (+20 lbs)
410x24 (widowmaker- +50 lbs)

dustinr334

dustinr334

Banned
Awards
Can u please elaborate on the "widowmaker". Interested but not understanding. Thanks

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Can u please elaborate on the "widowmaker". Interested but not understanding. Thanks
Basically a widow maker is a heavy 20 rep set. You usually pick a weight by where 10-12 you are like "wtf" then grind out 20(or more). So I might grab say 295 on a squat, do 10 reps....take a few breaths...2-3 more....few breaths....until I get 20(or more) It should be BRUTALLY difficult.

Something like so.. He goes a bit lighter/higher rep, but you get the idea.

Watch the last few reps.. That is grinding...:)
[video=youtube;BRaqPbZFI5c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRaqPbZFI5c[/video]

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
[video=youtube;LzeFGf1_ljc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzeFGf1_ljc[/video]

napalm

napalm

Awards
late to the party...read every word...holy f'ing hell...

in

dustinr334

dustinr334

Banned
Awards
Basically a widow maker is a heavy 20 rep set. You usually pick a weight by where 10-12 you are like "wtf" then grind out 20(or more). So I might grab say 295 on a squat, do 10 reps....take a few breaths...2-3 more....few breaths....until I get 20(or more) It should be BRUTALLY difficult.

Something like so.. He goes a bit lighter/higher rep, but you get the idea.

Watch the last few reps.. That is grinding...:)
YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRaqPbZFI5c
Holy sh@t! Didn't think he was ever gonna quit squatting.. how many sets do I need to do like this?... is this good for mass or more for cut?

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Are you doing DC? If so you do one heavy 4-8 rep set, then one 20+rep widowmaker.

Diet obviously is going to be the biggest factor in bulk/cut, but IMO these are great for leg mass.

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established
Widow makers are gold.

275x25 for 3 sets will leave most limping. I love them as they are humbling as hell.

I rotate heavy to light on my splits so widow maker day is done on a volume/light day.

Got me some ok tear drops from them too. Ha ha.

Good luck and happy lifting

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
275x25 for 3 sets will leave most limping. I love them as they are humbling as hell.
Do you mean 3 widowmaker sets? That's some brutal ****, I've never heard of that being done...all of Dante's explanations keep WM to just one set, repping out as much as you possibly can and taking pauses at the top of motions in order to go past where your typical point of failure might occur.

dustinr334

dustinr334

Banned
Awards
So u recommend I do them even though I am not doing DC? Really sounds good. Morry do u use them for mass or cut

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
So u recommend I do them even though I am not doing DC? Really sounds good. Morry do u use them for mass or cut
Do it up man. Never seemed to hurt me any. I do stuff like that for chest and shoulders too. Usually on a bulk ill do a "burn down " set at the end just for the pump.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Do you mean 3 widowmaker sets? That's some brutal ****, I've never heard of that being done...all of Dante's explanations keep WM to just one set, repping out as much as you possibly can and taking pauses at the top of motions in order to go past where your typical point of failure might occur.
Keep in mind Dante's recommendations are for DC. If you are tailoring them to another program(or your own split) then you might be able to do 3 sets just fine.

With DC you are hitting for example back thickness on monday, squats with a widow wed, then another back thickness movement on friday, your low back might be TOAST. Then on the following week you are going to be hitting 2 widows(monday/friday).

If you were to be hitting legs and not hit them again for a week or so, then you might be able to add a few high rep sets.

Why do you keep asking that? LOL It makes no difference. Clearly if you are 2 weeks out from a show you might want to tweak your training to avoid injury, but cutting/bulking makes next to ZERO difference in how I train.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why do you keep asking that? LOL It makes no difference. Clearly if you are 2 weeks out from a show you might want to tweak your training to avoid injury, but cutting/bulking makes next to ZERO difference in how I train.
He needs to be convinced : ) lol

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
Keep in mind Dante's recommendations are for DC. If you are tailoring them to another program(or your own split) then you might be able to do 3 sets just fine.

With DC you are hitting for example back thickness on monday, squats with a widow wed, then another back thickness movement on friday, your low back might be TOAST. Then on the following week you are going to be hitting 2 widows(monday/friday).

If you were to be hitting legs and not hit them again for a week or so, then you might be able to add a few high rep sets.
How do you feel about WMers outside of quads? I remember reading Homonculous and Skip talking about how they believed in doing WMers for back or chest or shoulders if that was a particularly lacking area, which was a surprise to me. I thought the nature of the WM really made it primarily applicable to legs, but I suppose you could use the same concept for a bevy of body parts.

dustinr334

dustinr334

Banned
Awards

Not asking u.. I got ur answer already .. read again. I asked morry y he does it... easy there hauss

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
He needs to be convinced : ) lol
LOL.. Clearly.
How do you feel about WMers outside of quads? I remember reading Homonculous and Skip talking about how they believed in doing WMers for back or chest or shoulders if that was a particularly lacking area, which was a surprise to me. I thought the nature of the WM really made it primarily applicable to legs, but I suppose you could use the same concept for a bevy of body parts.
Should not be done on the 2 way split. They are used on other areas on the 3 WAY SPLIT ONLY. And should only be used by people who know what they are doing.

If you are small, you don't have a lagging bodypart. You just need to get bigger;)

Typically a lagging bodypart is on someone who is pretty advanced and has an obvious weak area going on.

Not asking u.. I got ur answer already .. read again. I asked morry y he does it... easy there hauss
I can read, fairly well, believe me. However I am answering because it is a semi ridiculous question, which I put nicely the first time you asked it. Morry clearly knows what he is doing, and anyone who knows what they are doing is going to tell you for the "most part" your training doesn't need to change when bulking or cutting.

It is like me asking you "do you eat chicken when bulking or cutting"?

dustinr334

dustinr334

Banned
Awards
So ur saying I don't know What I'm doing because I haven't heard of one exercise... lol Coming from a Guy with a fake a%s avatar.. this is too cute:)

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
So ur saying I don't know What I'm doing because I haven't heard of one exercise... lol Coming from a Guy with a fake a%s avatar.. this is too cute:)
No. Not knowing what a certain movement or exercise doesn't mean you know nothing, but asking if you can use a certain exercise when cutting/bulking leads me to believe you don't really know all that much in terms of training. And I am trying to tell you, in the least dickish way I know how, that it makes ZERO ****ing difference..lol

You can do them bulking, cutting, fulking, culking, recomping, leaning, fattening, hopping, skipping, jumping, juggling, or whatever term you want to attach to it.