Who's ready for a reputation reset?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When I first got here, I joined in one of the "reputation circle jerks" but after the first reset, i didn't bother anymore. It just seemed silly and pointless
I remember those years back. I took part myself for some time, but it's ultimately senseless. We all know who the vets are here. This is the internet; not real life.

Or is it....

:stooges:

-John

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He is sitting at 4 stars. He was in a religious discussion with Dunn, and unlike 90% of the people in religious threads, stayed respectful.
"With great power comes great responsibility"

My position on the board does not negate my need to display and earn respect.

He earned mine and I repped him for it.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've repped a bunch of people into the green that were in the red just because someone didn't like what they said. There are those that do deserve it though.
I neg repped a guy (likely banned or moved on by now) so far into red with one neg rep that I don't believe he could ever recover in my lifetime.

I felt bad - but got over it :D

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"With great power comes great responsibility"

My position on the board does not negate my need to display and earn respect.

He earned mine and I repped him for it.
Indeed it does.

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
I remember those years back. I took part myself for some time, but it's ultimately senseless. We all know who the vets are here. This is the internet; not real life.

Or is it....

-John
Well said. I know who to take advice from and who not to. I almost never look to see what their reputation status is, because I recognize them by username, and that is all that matters. Sure I rep people, but 99.9% of the time it's because I want them to know they gave good advice or made me laugh, which is just as important.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established

Or is it....

-John
Haha, I remember those !

I would check back the next day and one time I, seriously, had 73 new user notifications from 73 people giving me reps :lol:

I'm sure Ike and Trauma have had that in one day in 2 hours though lol

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
I neg repped a guy (likely banned or moved on by now) so far into red with one neg rep that I don't believe he could ever recover in my lifetime.

I felt bad - but got over it :D
I remember this, didn't he start a thread poking fun at disabled people at walmart?

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
I think the neg function is good and serves a purpose, but then again, you have those that like to slam their "e-penis" on the table in an attempt to validate that their opinions are superior in any given discourse.

As I said before, if you've been here long enough you know who the regulars are, and those that have the knowledge-base which adds to expanding the community of the board.

Thank god this place doesn't have anywhere near the childish bull**** that many of the other boards endure. It's because this place attracts those that are mature and willing to help their fellow man, woman, bodybuilder, and fitness fanatic out. You still have occasional bursts of morons that surface from time to time, but once they realize the demeanor of this board they either join the crowd, or drag their ass.

-John
Good point there.
AM has pretty much all but turned me off to other discussion boards even ones whose main purpose is other than bodybuilding, health and fitness.

AM is pretty much a mature group here which understands there is a time for fact and a time for fun. And exactly when those times make sense.
Two of my teenage nephews play multiple sports and I hope to turn them away from myspace one day and get them to come here and learn.

I went to a board recently and questioned the whole interpersonal social tradition especially since this is now the digital age. And that there may be people who are better off using electronic interchange if that is most comforting for them.

Some poster came in with the 'my way is the right way for everyone diatribe.'
Crazy stuff.

To plagiarize Marvel fans "Make Mine AM!"

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
Good point there.
AM has pretty much all but turned me off to other discussion boards even ones whose main purpose is other than bodybuilding, health and fitness.

AM is pretty much a mature group here which understands there is a time for fact and a time for fun. And exactly when those times make sense.
Two of my teenage nephews play multiple sports and I hope to turn them away from myspace one day and get them to come here and learn.

I went to a board recently and questioned the whole interpersonal social tradition especially since this is now the digital age. And that there may be people who are better off using electronic interchange if that is most comforting for them.

Some poster came in with the 'my way is the right way for everyone diatribe.'
Crazy stuff.

To plagiarize Marvel fans "Make Mine AM!"
Funny you should post this because it's exactly what I've had on my mind lately. Some of the other boards I visit have just lost their luster because of all the same old immature, **** measuring BS. Everyone is always out to one-up another. It's a never ending bash fest and I'm tired of it.

I love how when some moron comes in here with a bad attitude or whatever, he gets negged and leaves for good. It keeps this place clean and free from most of the e-tards of the world.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:grouphug:

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
Haha, I remember those !

I would check back the next day and one time I, seriously, had 73 new user notifications from 73 people giving me reps :lol:

I'm sure Ike and Trauma have had that in one day in 2 hours though lol
You whore!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just scaled back :D

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Going to reset them again....checking something out.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oops...

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL. Unintended results?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Uhhhhh.......

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
lol.....

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
so is it only happening to select individuals? sure seems that way.....

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You all can blame me... i pointed out that ChocolateMilk had more rep power than Dwight. We all know how Dwight handles criticism.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
bah humbug

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm still trying to catch Easy in posts; however I've now decided that my attempts to do so are futile. Haha.

I think it's good to have a system that incorporates time on the board, post count, etc into the overall calculation.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
24,000 posts.. uhh that's an addiction lol

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll never catch either of you and I have been on a little longer than both of you!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have slowed down some, so you have a chance ;)
No way, Eric. Between the baby, school, work, and Primordial.....I officially have no life anymore, lol.

I concede. :D

-John

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You all can blame me... i pointed out that ChocolateMilk had more rep power than Dwight. We all know how Dwight handles criticism.
Dude...you know how fragile I am.

But I did start this last night with the pip values. Just resumed last nights work....and screwed it up..LOL

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude.. look at my date, and you all... it makes me sad.
You're slowly catching up while pissing off everybody over in the Politics Subforum :lol:

You Classical Liberals!!!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
At this point, you're all lucky if this thing stays online...lol