Volcom's, Controlled Labs' - Look good in dem BLUE GENE(s), Sponsored Log

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome summary Volcom!! Just beautiful. Really. This was a classic log. One that'll be looked at for years to come here at AM. It's great reading through and through. I wish I could give you half of my reputation points. You're truly deserving. Way to go bro. :clap2:

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
EXCELLENT conclusion to your sponsored run, bro! Very detailed write-up. Well dome, sir. Very well done. :thumbsup:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
awesome end to the log man. looking forward to the continuation with blue up.

im guessing thats the CSUF super-gym. looks shnazzy as hell.
Yes it is, my only complaint is that its not Dead lift conducive, and thanks, bro.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Amazing writeup. Eternal reps! :clap2: :thumbsup: You impressed the hell out of me, which doesn't mean much ... but you still did.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome summary Volcom!! Just beautiful. Really. This was a classic log. One that'll be looked at for years to come here at AM. It's great reading through and through. I wish I could give you half of my reputation points. You're truly deserving. Way to go bro. :clap2:
You're too kind. This was a fun log, but it had more to do with everyone else, then it was me, but thanks for the compliments.

My log isn't technically over yet, just the sponsored portion. I'm going to sail on as you might say on my own accord, with Blue GENE and Blue Up and see where that takes me. Thanks for being around.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Amazing writeup. Eternal reps! :clap2: :thumbsup: You impressed the hell out of me, which doesn't mean much ... but you still did.
Thanks, I wanted to do it justice, and I appreciate the opportunity, bud :thumbsup:

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
My log isn't technically over yet, just the sponsored portion. I'm going to sail on as you might say on my own accord, with Blue GENE and Blue Up and see where that takes me. Thanks for being around.
You gonna continue logging it in here or are you starting a new thread somewhere? Either way, you know I'll be along for the journey. :dance:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You gonna continue logging it in here or are you starting a new thread somewhere? Either way, you know I'll be along for the journey. :dance:
Because I'll be extending the perhaps "saturated" effects of Blue GENE in my system, I thought it most justifiable to remain in the same log, as it is an extension (but with a twist). Of course this may detract "new comers" or may even be considered misleading for browsers, however, I posted my final review in a separate thread post, so if new comers find their way here via my Final Review thread, they'll know whats up.

I actually have just two more doses of my original Blue GENE batch, but there was no way I could have gotten my videos done after today (in time).

I woke up at 5:30a.m. this morning. Drove to my work and got there before the morning janitors, hijacked the Firms digital camera with video capability and arrived at the school gym prior to my internship starting time.

I kept my jacket on because it was @$$crack cold this morning and I wanted my muscles to be warm for my assessments. Now, I'm butt@$$ tired, so don't say I never did noth'n for you guys. I said I would work it out and I did.

Anyhoo, so Friday will be my last dose of this original bottles portion. I'll probably start my Blue Balls Stack on Saturday.

I may continue in the same direction, or try things from a different and in my opinion, more effective perspective. We'll see.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Makes sense. That's what I would do too. :)

I also noticed you were online pretty early this morning. Way to suck it up and take one for the team! :thumbsup:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome job, Volcom! I doff my hat! :box:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is how to log! Great videos and strength Volcom!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Strategic, thanks Mullet, I appreciate you guys dropping by :cheers:

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Great form, great log!
You have earned my respect, that's for sure.
:thumbsup:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That was a very thorough explanation and review, Samuel. Interesting, and entertaining.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Way to go big guy! Great log, I'm definately looking forward to future logs from you bro.

You just wait, I'll be throwing those 100s up soon myself.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
For real, what's left to add?

Hella review bro, truly comprehensive & insightful. Well played thruout..

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
For real, what's left to add?

Hella review bro, truly comprehensive & insightful. Well played thruout..
Thanks Chef Snag, I guess I could have included some recipes, that would have been pushing it.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Intermission in Volcom's Log

I am already in the works, preparing a new opening page of the second portion of this log, but until then, here's a little something to elevate the testosterone.

K-1 Greatest Knockouts, enjoy

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Greatest Submissions

This is sick, especially at 1:25. If you don't care for submissions, at least check out 1:25.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
I am already in the works, preparing a new opening page of the second portion of this log, but until then, here's a little something to elevate the testosterone.

K-1 Greatest Knockouts, enjoy

this was awesome. and i think that is the only time ive ever enjoyed watching fighting. is this just kickboxing? muay thai? im lost haha

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
kickass final review man! Whats with the grammer tho :nono: jus playen lol. Lookin forward to the rest of this log. Recipes, pics of food, vids, workout ideas! What more could I ask for! Im your number one fan Volcom! Will you please sign one of my tits?!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
this was awesome. and i think that is the only time ive ever enjoyed watching fighting. is this just kickboxing? muay thai? im lost haha
Yeah, K1 is primarily Muay Thai and Kick Boxing. It's a striking based fight organization, whereas, UFC has more of the MMA aspect, striking and ground.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
kickass final review man! Whats with the grammer tho :nono: jus playen lol. Lookin forward to the rest of this log. Recipes, pics of food, vids, workout ideas! What more could I ask for! Im your number one fan Volcom! Will you please sign one of my tits?!
You had me at hello.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Second Coming

IN SEARCH OF STRENGTH

As many of you observed, Blue GENE, in my own experience, produced proof positive effects over muscle endurance and general stamina, as evidenced by my post-cycle muscle endurance assessment and by my progressive ability to increase the volume of my workouts. However, although I assuredly experienced strength increases in my normal routine, this increase in strength was not reflected in my post-cycle muscle strength performance. Muscle endurance and stamina was actually one of Blue GENE premier mission statements and in that aspect, it did deliver.

I am continuing my previous Blue GENE run without a break in stride. I have not stopped taking my daily doses since my final evaluations. Tomorrow, will technically be the very last dose of my original bottle and then I will continue with my own stash. The second portion of this log will entail two significant aspects. Number one, it may or may not be the first, full 60 day run of Blue GENE, and secondly, I will be adding Blue UP, to stack with my continued Blue GENE use.

In re-addressing my intro, we discovered (in my experience), that Blue GENE was very effective in promoting muscle endurance and general stamina. My log workouts reflected a progressive increase in strength, but for whatever reason, took an ambiguous outcome.

By Objective Outcomes:

1. Muscle Endurance and Muscle Stamina - verified.
2. Muscle Strength - ambiguous

Initially, I wanted my Blue GENE/Blue UP combination (hereby described as Blue Balls Stack) to be geared toward a focus on strength, as muscle endurance and general stamina has been established by Blue GENE (and will be an assumed, continuing effect), and perhaps the boost in strength might be assisted by the inclusion of Blue UP.

I did yet another strength evaluation, only this time using Dumbbells, rather then Bench Press. I did this for two reasons, number one, for the sake of convenience and secondly, consistency and therefore, accuracy. When I bench, I need to ask two strangers for assistance, one to film and one to spot, whereas, with dumbbells, I only need to harass one stranger for help filming. Also, bench press performance is often times like dead lifts for me. The inconsistencies of the phenomenon of, “sometimes I’m ON and sometimes I’m OFF” is a gambling factor when testing is involved. For me, whether it’s a physiological or biomechanical issue, dumbbells seem to be more consistent in reflecting what I am capable of performance wise. For whatever reason, as counter intuitive as it may seem, my balance feels more stable and comfortable as compared with the bench press.

I full heartedly do not believe my final post-cycle strength evaluation was a true and accurate reflection of my current upper torso strength, which is why I wanted to make the switch to dumbbells, but, Que Sera Sera, it’s a new chapter.

I performed my Pre-Blue Balls Stack, strength assessment using the 125lbs Dumbbells and this is where I arrived at an “issue.” I expected to perform 5-6 reps, upward of 7 reps, and in my mind, projected a final outcome of 10 solid reps. My dilemma occurred when I nailed 10 reps with the 125lbs Dumbbells during my Pre-BB Stack assessment. This basically eliminates a true, Strength Evaluation, as my range is right in the meat of a hypertrophy zone. Therefore, I came to the conclusion of carrying on my workout routine as generic bodybuilding routine as I had been doing, and see how the BB Stack effects strength, in a hypertrophic focused routine.

I don’t ever build up to 125lbs Db’s in a regular routine. 105lbs to 115lbs Db’s at best, this way you guys know I won’t be specifically training in a manner that would inherently improve my numbers, such as a routine that frequents the 115-125lbs range. Again, I want to assess how the BB Stack would benefit the average joe, not a specific strength athlete. At the end of this run, I may take another bench evaluation for kicks, we'll see.

Half time is over and now its on to the 3rd and 4th quarter.

Pre Blue Balls Stack, Strength Assessment
- Body weight 211lbs.
- 125lbs Db's x 10 reps

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KuS6ePR5-g"]YouTube - 125lbs Dumbbells x 10 reps[/ame]

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hollllaaaaaa!!!!
Every log needs at least one Irishman :cheers:

Errrr... every log needs the already subscribed Irishman to stay... :think: Not sure how this works, its a first for me :think::think:

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
This is sick, especially at 1:25. If you don't care for submissions, at least check out 1:25.

1:14 - Rumina Sato with the flying armbar FTW. Here's the whole fight (all 6 seconds of it):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8_FevrLdaw"]YouTube - Rumina's Flying Armbar[/ame]

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
IN SEARCH OF STRENGTH

As many of you observed, Blue GENE, in my own experience, produced proof positive effects over muscle endurance and general stamina, as evidenced by my post-cycle muscle endurance assessment and by my progressive ability to increase the volume of my workouts. However, although I assuredly experienced strength increases in my normal routine, this increase in strength was not reflected in my post-cycle muscle strength performance. Muscle endurance and stamina was actually one of Blue GENE premier mission statements and in that aspect, it did deliver.

I am continuing my previous Blue GENE run without a break in stride. I have not stopped taking my daily doses since my final evaluations. Tomorrow, will technically be the very last dose of my original bottle and then I will continue with my own stash. The second portion of this log will entail two significant aspects. Number one, it may or may not be the first, full 60 day run of Blue GENE, and secondly, I will be adding Blue UP, to stack with my continued Blue GENE use.

In re-addressing my intro, we discovered (in my experience), that Blue GENE was very effective in promoting muscle endurance and general stamina. My log workouts reflected a progressive increase in strength, but for whatever reason, took an ambiguous outcome.

By Objective Outcomes:

1. Muscle Endurance and Muscle Stamina - verified.
2. Muscle Strength - ambiguous

Initially, I wanted my Blue GENE/Blue UP combination (hereby described as Blue Balls Stack) to be geared toward a focus on strength, as muscle endurance and general stamina has been established by Blue GENE (and will be an assumed, continuing effect), and perhaps the boost in strength might be assisted by the inclusion of Blue UP.

I did yet another strength evaluation, only this time using Dumbbells, rather then Bench Press. I did this for two reasons, number one, for the sake of convenience and secondly, consistency and therefore, accuracy. When I bench, I need to ask two strangers for assistance, one to film and one to spot, whereas, with dumbbells, I only need to harass one stranger for help filming. Also, bench press performance is often times like dead lifts for me. The inconsistencies of the phenomenon of, “sometimes I’m ON and sometimes I’m OFF” is a gambling factor when testing is involved. For me, whether it’s a physiological or biomechanical issue, dumbbells seem to be more consistent in reflecting what I am capable of performance wise. For whatever reason, as counter intuitive as it may seem, my balance feels more stable and comfortable as compared with the bench press.

I full heartedly do not believe my final post-cycle strength evaluation was a true and accurate reflection of my current upper torso strength, which is why I wanted to make the switch to dumbbells, but, Que Sera Sera, it’s a new chapter.

I performed my Pre-Blue Balls Stack, strength assessment using the 125lbs Dumbbells and this is where I arrived at an “issue.” I expected to perform 5-6 reps, upward of 7 reps, and in my mind, projected a final outcome of 10 solid reps. My dilemma occurred when I nailed 10 reps with the 125lbs Dumbbells during my Pre-BB Stack assessment. This basically eliminates a true, Strength Evaluation, as my range is right in the meat of a hypertrophy zone. Therefore, I came to the conclusion of carrying on my workout routine as generic bodybuilding routine as I had been doing, and see how the BB Stack effects strength, in a hypertrophic focused routine.

I don’t ever build up to 125lbs Db’s in a regular routine. 105lbs to 115lbs Db’s at best, this way you guys know I won’t be specifically training in a manner that would inherently improve my numbers, such as a routine that frequents the 115-125lbs range. Again, I want to assess how the BB Stack would benefit the average joe, not a specific strength athlete. At the end of this run, I may take another bench evaluation for kicks, we'll see.

Half time is over and now its on to the 3rd and 4th quarter.

Pre Blue Balls Stack, Strength Assessment
- Body weight 211lbs.
- 125lbs Db's x 10 reps

YouTube - 125lbs Dumbbells x 10 reps
Subbed! Errrr... Wait. I'm already subbed. Dude, you are a strong mother****er, man! Damn! :cheers:

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Just when I thought I could catch up, Sam's gotta go and post another ridiculous feat of strength.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just when I thought I could catch up, Sam's gotta go and post another ridiculous feat of strength.
It's an insecurity thing.

I actually surprised myself, and it sort of threw my entire initial premise out the window, but it worked out. Thanks SB :cheers:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed! Errrr... Wait. I'm already subbed. Dude, you are a strong mother****er, man! Damn! :cheers:
Hai!!!

Thanks Shaddow,

The wind was blowing my direction, and you know how your lifts can benefit when the wind is in your favor.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
i tried your leg routine today, well at least the squat part.

my thoughts: a couple things. firstly. ouch. secondly. holy crap. and lastly. jello, only word that comes to mind when i try to walk.

good stuff tho man. im going to start doing that i think more often as PART of my leg routine. i used the bar instead of DB's tho. that 1 minute hold after the squats, lord have mercy.

any who, thank you sir. ill probably have to be wheel chaired around campus tmrw for my first day of school :thumbsup:

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
F*cking Fantubulous (yes my own creation of a word...I'm innovative like that :D) way to go out with a bang bud. That final writeup of yours is epic...BTW...the videos were good stuff too. Honestly, if you continue on bud at your rate, I could see you competing at a professional level someday...you have the power and the talent for sure.

Its always a pleasure to check in on your logs bud. :thumbsup:

Cheers to ya!:cheers:

-Sean-

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i tried your leg routine today, well at least the squat part.

my thoughts: a couple things. firstly. ouch. secondly. holy crap. and lastly. jello, only word that comes to mind when i try to walk.

good stuff tho man. im going to start doing that i think more often as PART of my leg routine. i used the bar instead of DB's tho. that 1 minute hold after the squats, lord have mercy.

any who, thank you sir. ill probably have to be wheel chaired around campus tmrw for my first day of school :thumbsup:
Wow, good job. Seriously, I'm impressed you went through with it :clap2:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
F*cking Fantubulous (yes my own creation of a word...I'm innovative like that :D) way to go out with a bang bud. That final writeup of yours is epic...BTW...the videos were good stuff too. Honestly, if you continue on bud at your rate, I could see you competing at a professional level someday...you have the power and the talent for sure.

Its always a pleasure to check in on your logs bud. :thumbsup:

Cheers to ya!:cheers:

-Sean-
Thanks Sean, I appreciate the kind words and you stopping by. I also appreciate the innovations you bring :cheers:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very true lol, as I post this on page 40. There's so many posts that I missed lots, but I got a general feel of the progress and liked the way you recorded stuff :thumbsup:
Thanks Steveo, I'm glad you dropped in!

Yeah, there is a lot to sort through, probably a bit too much, but you're part of the early bird crowd for the second half of this log, so you're in good shape!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
F*cking Fantubulous (yes my own creation of a word...I'm innovative like that :D)
that's funny. yeah, i swear to you me & my buds created the word "ginormous" one day after an especially impressive workout circa 1998, i was swelled to the hilt, trying to describe the pump i felt, and this tumbled out as describing gigantic/enormous.. we used this phrase regularly after that.. so imagine our surprise like 5 yrs. later when we're sitting around watching ESPN, and Stuart Scott comes on spitting out the word ginormous after describing a football hit.. now it's like in the dictionary or something i think, ahahaa.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I performed my Pre-Blue Balls Stack, strength assessment using the 125lbs Dumbbells and this is where I arrived at an “issue.” I expected to perform 5-6 reps, upward of 7 reps, and in my mind, projected a final outcome of 10 solid reps. My dilemma occurred when I nailed 10 reps with the 125lbs Dumbbells.
What a dilemma! Damn! :eek: I only wished I had seen this video before my workout this morning. Seeing you gut out that tenth rep would have surely inspired me to gut a few more out this morning. Awesome job my brother. :clap2:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What a dilemma! Damn! :eek: I only wished I had seen this video before my workout this morning. Seeing you gut out that tenth rep would have surely inspired me to gut a few more out this morning. Awesome job my brother. :clap2:
Thanks Thunder,

I tried to hold out that last rep to make sure it was official :hammer: