Volcom's, Controlled Labs' - Look good in dem BLUE GENE(s), Sponsored Log

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, Wolverine's a badass. An "adamantium" frame, regenerative abilities, and those crazy sharp claws... What I wouldn't give to be Wolverine for a day... :twisted:
I was thinking about that awhile back. If you're Wolverine, you could just go to the gym for a whole week with several hundred pounds of meat and rice and just keep lifting as you shove your face. Muscles would heal immediately - so long as you kept feeding them.

I'd do 14 hours of deadlifts with a muscle milk drip.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was thinking about that awhile back. If you're Wolverine, you could just go to the gym for a whole week with several hundred pounds of meat and rice and just keep lifting as you shove your face. Muscles would heal immediately - so long as you kept feeding them.

Very true, and I like where your mind is.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established

Well I was kinda thinking more along the lines of just ****ing people up, but yeah, what Volcom said. :lol:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Controlled Labs

Hey guys,

I've been selected to test Controlled Lab's NEW White Flood CAPS. It's another sponsored log I was lucky enough to be chosen for, and if you guys aren't sick of me yet, I'd love for you guys to join me.

This does not mean I'm leaving my Blue GENE/Blue UP stack in the dust. Since I have been on Blue GENE/Blue UP long enough for any acute or even accumulative effects to have long settled in, I'm confident it will not be difficult to distinguish who's doing what.

I'll simply be adding the White Flood CAPS to the final two weeks of my Blue GENE/Blue UP run, and finish off the White Flood CAPS, solo. There is a strong, to near definite chance I will write a mid-way write up in regards to the Blue GENE/Blue UP, and then my official WF Cap write up at the end.

Thanks for all the continued support guys, and I hope you guys stick around when I open the new log.

Controlled Labs, La Cosa Nostra.

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

I've been selected to test Controlled Lab's NEW White Flood CAPS. It's another sponsored log I was lucky enough to be chosen for, and if you guys aren't sick of me yet, I'd love for you guys to join me.

This does not mean I'm leaving my Blue GENE/Blue UP stack in the dust. Since I have been on Blue GENE/Blue UP long enough for any acute or even accumulative effects to have long settled in, I'm confident it will not be difficult to distinguish who's doing what.

I'll simply be adding the White Flood CAPS to the final two weeks of my Blue GENE/Blue UP run, and finish off the White Flood CAPS, solo. There is a strong, to near definite chance I will write a mid-way write up in regards to the Blue GENE/Blue UP, and then my official WF Cap write up at the end.

Thanks for all the continued support guys, and I hope you guys stick around when I open the new log.

Congrats on being chosen ! . . I would've ran it alongside of you had I not been on a cycle at the moment. Apparently that disqualified me !? :jaw: hahaha . .

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very true, and I like where your mind is.
I love Timber's whole attitude and mentality towards training. He is my Berzerker brother!! :aargh:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys,

You can count me in Volcom!! I'm there like a square from Delaware, without a care, standing in my underwear!! WTF was that??!!! :think: LMAO. Your threads are THE place to be for information, support, and entertainment. It's the whole enchilada, mi hermano!!

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Superset back and chest ideas?

I was meaning to throw this up earlier, but tomorrow is my Chest/Back day and I want to get sore. I've got about 90 minutes to work out. I like to superset a chest w/ a back exercise.

Anybody got a brutal regime they can suggest. 10x10 GVT needs a break, and I'm up for trying something different. I was thinking
4x12 DB Decl Bench + 4 x 12 T -Bar Rows... etc . Surprise me :)

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
White flood caps?!!:eek: Badass!! You know Im in bruther!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

I was meaning to throw this up earlier, but tomorrow is my Chest/Back day and I want to get sore. I've got about 90 minutes to work out. I like to superset a chest w/ a back exercise.

Anybody got a brutal regime they can suggest. 10x10 GVT needs a break, and I'm up for trying something different. I was thinking
Tooo...muuch....VOLUME!...grahhhh....:toofunny:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Yes.

Using the same weight for chest and back.

For Example:

100lbs Db Flat Press x 10, superset, 100lbs Db's One Arm Rows x 10 each arm.

90lbs Db Incline Press x 10, superset, 90lbd Db's Incline, Double Db Rows x 10.

This allows you to flip around truly start your next set in a fast paced, super-set fashion, and they're killer. I like to pyramid for 3 sets, so I just showed an example of my starting weights for these chest/back super-sets.

These two are meat & potatoes for a chest/back super-set. Both hard hitting, intense and majorly compound.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
No one is as hardcore as Gambit, (okay no, Wolverine. All I'm say'n is, if I were Gambit, I'd have found a way to tap Rogue awhile ago if ya know what I mean)
haha but no one can touch rouge....
just need to use extra protection!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats on being chosen ! . . I would've ran it alongside of you had I not been on a cycle at the moment. Apparently that disqualified me !? :jaw: hahaha . .
Thanks Thomas,

I don't think your run could get anymore successful. You're making strength and aesthetic gains from workout to workout! Not to mention you managed to pull of a Thomas Jefferson stunt and invent the Viking Grip for us.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can count me in Volcom!! I'm there like a square from Delaware, without a care, standing in my underwear!! WTF was that??!!! :think: LMAO. Your threads are THE place to be for information, support, and entertainment. It's the whole enchilada, mi hermano!!
Thanks for that display of Norse Hip Hop, i think that's the second time you've busted a flow for us

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
man where are you guys finding these great smileys at?

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I didn't find a darth vader one yet... so a pirate will have to do

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Half Back Day.

I was EXHAUSTED today, and I really didn't have the energy to workout, but I know I won't be able to, tomorrow, due to a conference I have to attend before class, thus, I forced myself to get in the gym and give it what I could.

Parallel Face Pulls
[I set my feet on a bench to align my body parallel to the ground]
x 15 reps
x 15 reps
x 12 reps
x 12 reps
x 10 reps
x 8 reps
x 12 reps
x 12 reps
x 10 reps
x 10 reps

Lat Pull Downs, Neutral Grip
210lbs x 10 reps
230lbs x 9 reps
250lbs x 8 reps
230lbs x 8 reps
210lbs x 8 reps

Lat Pull Downs, Behind the Neck
170lbs x 10 reps
170lbs x 10 reps
170lbs x 10 reps

I felt strong, but I was just severely fatigue from the day and probably this weekend. Good stuff though, I battled it out and got me in a socially acceptable workout for feeling like a zombie.

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Volcom; Not too shabby numbers for an 'emergency' workout. We've all got those days, my friend. Important thing is, you battled it out. Now DO allow yourself some great foods tomorrow to ensure your recovery, as tonight's work out may have been a bit more taxing on your CNS than usual, as you were already drained . .

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I I felt strong, but I was just severely fatigue from the day and probably this weekend. Good stuff though, I battled it out and got me in a socially acceptable workout for feeling like a zombie.
You'll recover tomorrow. I think you made the right decision to go ahead and train through. It's what I would do, regardless whether it's right or wrong. And you call that just an acceptable (okay) workout? I think it was outstanding considering your present state of fatigue. Yeah, you're like a Zombie alright. More human than human. Way to persevere through that tough session, you unkillable, never-dying, Zombie from beyond!!! :twisted:

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Great workout volcom, and sweet log, you guys are so funny, where are those awesome smileys?

RS

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys,

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/106353-volcom-s-controlled.html#post1593894

With a twist, there's always a twist and an interesting angle. Be sure to read the short "Important Information" paragraph. Thanks guys. I hope to see the gang there!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/106353-volcom-s-controlled.html#post1593894

With a twist, there's always a twist and an interesting angle. Be sure to read the short "Important Information" paragraph. Thanks guys. I hope to see the gang there!

I don't know if I can tag along over there bro. I stopped replying to this one because you need to be online 23 hours a day just to keep up with the thing!! Maybe i'll sub...and once in a while add a

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

I don't know if I can tag along over there bro. I stopped replying to this one because you need to be online 23 hours a day just to keep up with the thing!! Maybe i'll sub...and once in a while add a

This next log is going at a slow and steady pace, I think a lot of people are tired of losing their jobs & homes due to the demands of following this log.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established

This next log is going at a slow and steady pace, I think a lot of people are tired of losing their jobs & homes due to the demands of following this log.

Lol, when does the next log start, sorry if ive missed something, i lost my house and my job trying to keep up.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established

Maybe i'll just post in this one now since everyone is going over to that one!

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I was gonna change it to a pic of some girl but I think Ill keep this one around for a bit lol.

Anyway... everyone unsub from this and pay no mind to it.

now where were we CT and Volcom?

lutherblsstt

I try. lol My training is built around the training philosophies of Mike Mentzer. I'm sure you know who he was. You have to give the CNS time to recover between workouts the same as your do your muscles. Both can be overtrained. Like Mentzer used to say, "Every day is a kidney day". I know what he meant. You can tell after a really brutal workout. You feel shaky and sh!t. It just goes up and down your spine. That's your CNS saying, "You about killed me. Good work!" Then you have to let it rest before assaulting it again. He was way ahead of his time. Now everyone talks about DC training being all the rage. It's just Mentzer's Heavy-Duty revamped. H.I.T reborn. I love it that people are realizing the benefits of such workouts. :head:
Mentzer was on point in that regard.

The emphasis on resting the CNS was emphasized in the old Soviet bloc years ago,check out the superhumanradio dot com episode on the book Big Beyond Belief. The author was amongst the first Americans to be allowed to view the training of the Bulgarian Olympic lifting team.

Google Bulgarian Olympic lifter Ivan Stoitsov to see some results from this type of training.

Last edited: