Volcom's, Controlled Labs' - Look good in dem BLUE GENE(s), Sponsored Log

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm feeling good this morning, I just woke up, put on my Blue GENES and I'll be off to the gym.

Edit: Humbug, car stalled and wouldn't start back up. This sucks...

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gator tail is awesome! I had some last night :lol:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The day started off horrendously, I was on my way to the gym when my car troubles began (the day after I spent $1,100.00 on it). Long story short, I had to rent a car today, but I was sitting and wasting away until about 4:00pm, since 9:00am this morning, wondering if my car would be done or not, being stuck at a location with no transportation, car was not going to be ready, not until Monday, thus, I rented a car.

Did I still workout?

BICEPS BLAST: 45-60 sec rest between all sets from beginning to end.

Preacher Curls - Vertical Side

50lbs x 20 reps
60lbs x 20 reps
70lbs x 15 reps
80lbs x 15 reps
90lbs x 12 reps
100lbs x 12 reps
110lbs x 8 reps
110lbs x 8 reps
100lbs x 10 reps
90lbs x 10 reps
80lbs x 10 reps
70lbs x 10 reps
60lbs x 10 reps
50lbs x 15 reps

Cable High Curls

50lbs x 15 reps
60lbs x 12 reps
70lbs x 10 reps
80lbs x 8 reps
90lbs x 8 reps

Lumbar Rehabilitation: I got my feet wet with the Dead lifts, I performed really light lifts to gauge how far along my lumbar injury has recovered, or may still be in need of further recovery.

(Back to normal rest periods, 2-3 min between sets)

Baby Dead Lifts

135lbs x 8 reps
185lbs x 8 reps
235lbs x 5 reps
285lbs x 5 reps
335lbs x 5 reps
285lbs x 5 reps
235lbs x 5 reps
185lbs x 8 reps
135lbs x 8 reps

Db Shrugs

100lbs Db's x 12 reps
100lbs Db's x 12 reps
100lbs Db's x 12 reps
100lbs Db's x 12 reps
100lbs Db's x 12 reps

Why did I stay at 100lbs Db's? Because I felt my lower, left side slightly straining, so I didn't want to push it.

Following my Baby Dead Lifts, it looks like a no go, I seemed to suffer a slight, slight strain at the usual spot, my lower, left side.... life goes on.

I took my Blue GENE around 8:00am I believe, but the increased endurance and stamina seems to be an ever present symptom. Many hours post ingestion and I still felt its performance boosting effects.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's more sets for bis than I do in a month.
It just looks like a lot because it's all lined up. I didn't feel like moving from station to station to station today, so I decided to wear the Preacher down to it's core.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
what are baby daedlifts?

solid workout tho. ive been doing the same type thing for my shoulder/bicep tendonitis, doing a few light sets to gauge progress. i associate pain with most shoulder/chest movements tho now and im finding it hard to erase the connection.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I've had fried alligator which was kind of like fried shrimp...that was tasty.

I also had an alligator filet at a place called alligator alley in ft. lauderdale, FL. It was awesome!!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
what are baby daedlifts?

solid workout tho. ive been doing the same type thing for my shoulder/bicep tendonitis, doing a few light sets to gauge progress. i associate pain with most shoulder/chest movements tho now and im finding it hard to erase the connection.
Baby Deadlifts means they're really light. Still full ROM Romanian DL style, but keeping the load very light.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've had fried alligator which was kind of like fried shrimp...that was tasty.

I also had an alligator filet at a place called alligator alley in ft. lauderdale, FL. It was awesome!!
Alligator tastes like shrimp?!?! That's a whole lot of shrimp!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's more sets for bis than I do in a month.
That's what I was going to say!! I do like 6 or 7 total work sets for biceps once per week!! My routine looks like a marriage of DC Training and Mike Mentzer's H.I.T. Training. My workouts are designed around Dorian Yates' old routines. Low Volume+High Intensity= Huge gains!!! :thumbsup:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That's for Iron Chef Snag.
First of all, for all those delicious looking pics..

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to VolcomX311 again.

Second, I firmly bestow upon you your "Junior Chef" badge Vol! :thumbsup:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's what I was going to say!! I do like 6 or 7 total work sets for biceps once per week!! My routine looks like a marriage of DC Training and Mike Mentzer's H.I.T. Training. My workouts are designed around Dorian Yates' old routines. Low Volume+High Intensity= Huge gains!!! :thumbsup:
I used to do a lot of Mike Mentzer's HIT (I had some of his books), and I would do a DC hybrid, too, only instead of a 1 min stretch at the end, I would perform a 1 min full contraction at the end of the set, it was pretty intense stuff.

I filter back & forth from high intensity, low volume, to moderate intensity, high volume, depending what my goals are, strength based v. hypertrophy based.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
First of all, for all those delicious looking pics..

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to VolcomX311 again.

Second, I firmly bestow upon you your "Junior Chef" badge Vol! :thumbsup:
:head:

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Wow, talk about fighting an uphill battle, Volc rents a car to get to the gym. Amazing brother!!!!!! :D

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
oh yeah??? well...I...I uhh...

damn..that is pretty intense Volc!
:lol: Well put! I sure as hell would be taking a day off if that happened. Way to make me look like a b1tch volc!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:lol: Well put! I sure as hell would be taking a day off if that happened. Way to make me look like a b1tch volc!
you have a cooler Avi, so that makes us even.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My Bi's are still experiencing DOMS, I don't normally do THAT many sets and I usually move around from station to station to target different angles, and so the stimulation isn't normally this condensed.

I'll probably try and do something similar with the hammers and reverse curls next session, my bi's hardly ever get sore, so I'm liking the results.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:bb:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is that a before or after?

I think two more weeks on low carbs and you'll dial it in.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Brief Current Summary

Positive Signs of Increased Testosterone

- Libido is still up. I don't think I've been this consistently randy since high school, literally. I've never had a supplement have this much effect on Libido, EVER.

- Slight increase in acne. I'm not prone to acne AT ALL. I got like 3 and for me, that's notable.

However,

- No aggression
- Strength has not reflected significant test increase.

Most Notable Increases to date

- Muscle endurance (within set) has been one of the most notable increases.
- General stamina
- Increased Pump
- Increased Focus (sometimes Stim like)

I need to weigh myself. My diet hasn't been as anabolic as it could and that could be effecting my strength, because its not just that I'm not getting stronger, but I haven't been as strong as I have previously been, so something has changed in my neuro-mechanics. Something is "OFF" with me in general, in terms of strength performance.

Continuous Issues
- Stress
- Lack of sleep (as a result)
- Lack of Appetite (as a result); as much as we discuss food here, too, quite ironic.
- Lack of sustained focus (as a result)
- Suspected lack of aggression as a result of lack of focus.

Good Things Going For Me
- Unrelenting
- Dedicated & Disciplined
- Strong sense of Obligation which translates to Motivation.
- Still excited about the supplement.

Tonight is a new workout and perhaps a new experience, still going strong (even though still in a rent-a-car)

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You think the stress is from the Blue gene or from your crazy hectic schedule? I would put my money on your schedule. A lot of things have changed for you since school has started.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You think the stress is from the Blue gene or from your crazy hectic schedule? I would put my money on your schedule. A lot of things have changed for you since school has started.
Blue GENE has nothing to do with my stress. Its school, car, money, car, money, life after school, girlfriend bringing up marriage at least 4 times a week, money. The Blue GENE and hitting the gym with purpose is the best thing I've got going for stress relief!!!

Edit: Work, I'm preparing pre-trial discoveries and its taking me forever because I keep getting stumped & stuck

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Blue GENE has nothing to do with my stress. Its school, car, money, car, money, life after school, girlfriend bringing up marriage at least 4 times a week, money. The Blue GENE and hitting the gym with purpose is the best thing I've got going for stress relief!!!

Edit: Work, I'm preparing pre-trial discoveries and its taking me forever because I keep getting stumped & stuck
That gets me everytime, my last girl said that too much. Don't know about you, but i am no where near ready for that.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That gets me everytime, my last girl said that too much. Don't know about you, but i am no where near ready for that.
She brings up the marriage and the number of kids she hopes to have all at the same time. I think with her, she see's big, happy family, which is fine, but as a guy, wanting to be a responsible provider, I see dollar signs, or the lack thereof. If I were financially established, I could deal with the marriage talk and the kids talk "eventually," but damn. It's no holds barred chick talk to the fullest :nutkick:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Positive Signs of Increased Testosterone

- Libido is still up. I don't think I've been this consistently randy since high school, literally. I've never had a supplement have this much effect on Libido, EVER.

- Slight increase in acne. I'm not prone to acne AT ALL. I got like 3 and for me, that's notable.

However,

- No aggression
- Strength has not reflected significant test increase.

Most Notable Increases to date

- Muscle endurance (within set) has been one of the most notable increases.
- General stamina
- Increased Pump
- Increased Focus (sometimes Stim like)

I need to weigh myself. My diet hasn't been as anabolic as it could and that could be effecting my strength, because its not just that I'm not getting stronger, but I haven't been as strong as I have previously been, so something has changed in my neuro-mechanics. Something is "OFF" with me in general, in terms of strength performance.

Continuous Issues
- Stress
- Lack of sleep (as a result)
- Lack of Appetite (as a result); as much as we discuss food here, too, quite ironic.
- Lack of sustained focus (as a result)
- Suspected lack of aggression as a result of lack of focus.

Good Things Going For Me
- Unrelenting
- Dedicated & Disciplined
- Strong sense of Obligation which translates to Motivation.
- Still excited about the supplement.
For sure dude.. 'sup with that?

Nice early feedback.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
nice to hear thats it is indeed working. hopefully youre able to relieve yourself of the issues at hand.

had a question for you. i did rack deads last night, and worked up to a set of 5 at 365. although on the last 2 of the 5 reps i felt my back strain a little bit, and what do you know, last night/this morning my back had some pain. i know youre battling with some lower back pain as well. what kind of stretches have you been doing, or what kind of stretches would you recommend while i keep off it for about a week or 2?

ps. i may be getting a job at the small PT clinic inside la fitness la verne.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
She brings up the marriage and the number of kids she hopes to have all at the same time. I think with her, she see's big, happy family, which is fine, but as a guy, wanting to be a responsible provider, I see dollar signs, or the lack thereof. If I were financially established, I could deal with the marriage talk and the kids talk "eventually," but damn. It's no holds barred chick talk to the fullest :nutkick:
How old are you?

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My Bi's are still experiencing DOMS, I don't normally do THAT many sets and I usually move around from station to station to target different angles, and so the stimulation isn't normally this condensed.

I'll probably try and do something similar with the hammers and reverse curls next session, my bi's hardly ever get sore, so I'm liking the results.
Always good to change sh*t up and shock the muscles!! Catch 'em off-guard and destroy them!! :numbered::saw::shoot::gore:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Finally!!

All along I've been reporting the positive effects of endurance and stamina, and tonight, it finally got coupled with some increased strength. It wasn't that I pushed a higher maximum weight, but I was able to perform way more reps, while excessively pyramiding. All this on top of the fact that I almost skipped working out today out of sheer exhaustion from the long day, but it worked out great.

SHOULDERS

Military Press
135lbs x 15 reps
145lbs x 15 reps
155lbs x 12 reps
165lbs x 10 reps
175lbs x 8 reps
185lbs x 8 reps
195lbs x 8 reps

Machine - Neutral Grip, Shoulder Press: Chest facing the back of the seat, this takes the stimulation away from an uber anterior delt stim, to a more medial stimulation.
100lbs x 15 reps
110lbs x 12 reps
120lbs x 8 reps
130lbs x 8 reps
150lbs x 8 reps

Machine, Lat Raises
90lbs x 15 reps
110lbs x 8 reps
90lbs x 12 reps

Strength and endurance was prevalent today, awesome :woohoo:

I realize this isn't the most complete delt workout, but my mentality was just to drag myself in and do what I can with what energy I had left, so although it wasn't symmetrically optimal, I was still glad with what I accomplished, considering the mental and physical state I walked in with.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
nice to hear thats it is indeed working. hopefully youre able to relieve yourself of the issues at hand.

had a question for you. i did rack deads last night, and worked up to a set of 5 at 365. although on the last 2 of the 5 reps i felt my back strain a little bit, and what do you know, last night/this morning my back had some pain. i know youre battling with some lower back pain as well. what kind of stretches have you been doing, or what kind of stretches would you recommend while i keep off it for about a week or 2?

ps. i may be getting a job at the small PT clinic inside la fitness la verne.
Awesome, the job not the back.

The lower back stretches didn't seem to help me out too much. I was getting my back man handled by Mr. Liu for healing therapy.

I would just continue doing lower back/sacroiliac stretches as a habit and lay off the deads for a couple weeks. Maybe people at the PT can help you out more.

I would also highly suggest that you start wearing a belt when you do deads, (if you don't already.)

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
29, I make decent money in general, but for Southern California standards and cost of living, I need to be slanging bricks on the side.
I feel ya. I was more curious about the marriage talk - less the money. I live in New York - so our cost of living is a b*tch too.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Awesome, the job not the back.

The lower back stretches didn't seem to help me out too much. I was getting my back man handled by Mr. Liu for healing therapy.

I would just continue doing lower back/sacroiliac stretches as a habit and lay off the deads for a couple weeks. Maybe people at the PT can help you out more.

I would also highly suggest that you start wearing a belt when you do deads, (if you don't already.)
yeah. i wear my belt for any deads 225 and above, simply because ive injured my back once, and i feel much more comfortable wearing it all the time with heavier weights. sometimes i dont tighten it up for light weights, just so that i remind my self to keep my core nice and tight.

yeah ill probably get the job as long as my schedule fits their availabe times. ill be taking my friends place there, so if i cant fit the majority of what he was working, i probably wont get it. ive heard that job is relaxed, yet you stay busy and learn a lot. plus id get to work out there for free after work and stuff.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Awesome, some strength gains...!!!!! Glad to hear it Volcom.

Rolandajoint, I too have lower back issues. I find that warming up for a long time (longer than normal) before going into heavy deads helps prevent strain.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would just continue doing lower back/sacroiliac stretches as a habit.
Would you be able to describe these stretches and me possibly understand how to perform them? I'm interested in what you're talking about here. I don't do regular deads anymore, but I still do stiff-legged deadlifts for my hams and lower back. I go up to 340 X 8 or 10. So that's kinda heavy for stiff-leg version. My old regular deads were 610 for a single. Lately, my lower back gets sore just on the right lower side. I think it's an old bulging disc that hasn't bothered me since my heavy regular deadlifting days. I was thinking maybe these stretches might help? :think: And I do wear a belt. My big blue suede power belt. That belt has a lot of memories in it. I've had it for 12 years now!! :hammer:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Would you be able to describe these stretches and me possibly understand how to perform them? I'm interested in what you're talking about here. I don't do regular deads anymore, but I still do stiff-legged deadlifts for my hams and lower back. I go up to 340 X 8 or 10. So that's kinda heavy for stiff-leg version. My old regular deads were 610 for a single. Lately, my lower back gets sore just on the right lower side. I think it's an old bulging disc that hasn't bothered me since my heavy regular deadlifting days. I was thinking maybe these stretches might help? :think: And I do wear a belt. My big blue suede power belt. That belt has a lot of memories in it. I've had it for 12 years now!! :hammer:
Absolutely, I'm on my way out right now, but I'll be back to answer this post.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Sup Volcom! :head:

You are quite dedicated, my friend. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sup Volcom! :head:

You are quite dedicated, my friend. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:
SHADDOW!!! How's the recovery coming along?

I hope you're recovering fast & strong. Thanks for dropping by, bud, and keep your spirits up.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thunder,

I'm trying to find videos of the stretches I do, but I don't get audio at my computer at work, so although I've found a few good ones, i don't know what they're saying and I don't want to endorse something where I don't know what kind of "knowledge" is being dropped.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
SHADDOW!!! How's the recovery coming along?

I hope you're recovering fast & strong. Thanks for dropping by, bud, and keep your spirits up.
One day at a time, my friend. I'm gimp-walking now, so that's progress. Thanks, bro. Finally going back to work tomorrow. Your log is inspiring! I'm *very* tempted to go to the gym and do a light workout of anything not affected by my hamstring...

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I walk with a limp cause mah nutz are HEAVEE!

good to see ya shaddow :)

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
I walk with a limp cause mah nutz are HEAVEE!

good to see ya shaddow :)
Thanks bro! I think I'm finally out of my depressive state. Bed rest sucks. I'm ready to start living again!!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks bro! I think I'm finally out of my depressive state. Bed rest sucks. I'm ready to start living again!!
When I had my slip disc and was gimping around the gym. I would just post up at some machines and go to town.

Glad to hear you're doing better.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thunder,

I'm trying to find videos of the stretches I do, but I don't get audio at my computer at work, so although I've found a few good ones, i don't know what they're saying and I don't want to endorse something where I don't know what kind of "knowledge" is being dropped.
That's cool bro. Hit me up with 'em when you get home if you don't mind!! :thumbsup:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm having chicken & yams for lunch. However, they're no ordinary yams, they are I think Japanese Purple Yams, the most nutrient rich & highest in anti-oxident yams you can get. I took a picture for you guys to see, they're a trip. Good as hell too!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can you fix resolution at all I cant see it?