Volcom's, Controlled Labs' - Look good in dem BLUE GENE(s), Sponsored Log

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
I'm reminded that working out isn't everything all the time, which I guess is good when I b!itch and moan about not being able to workout due to an injury.

On the other hand, she encourages my working out, too, cause she likes the muscle.
bingo. my girlfriend LOVES that my body is always improving. most relationships seem to be the guy and girl getting progressively fatter.

and in turn, i support her with her fitness goals. its a win win situation. now we lift together sometimes, we eat pretty clean together, and she bought me a subscription to MD. whats not to like?

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:clap2: good job bud

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Clean Lunch

- White Cod in light soy bean sauce (no skin)
- Shrimp & Scramble Eggs with Chinese green onion.

That's for Iron Chef Snag.

- Chinese Broccoli (which I'm putting off until I'm truly hungry)

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Snack on the horizon: Spinach Pie :food:

Korean Short Ribs are an option, but way too fatty

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
you make bulking so much easier :)

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
this thread makes dieting worse than death.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Since I've never heard of any of this stuff I have no reason to be tempted to eat outside my diet.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hungy :food:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Since I've never heard of any of this stuff I have no reason to be tempted to eat outside my diet.
Korean Short Ribs: Long piece of meat, about 4-6 inches long, attached by three to four bones. Bone enhances flavor, as does the deep intertwining of fats. Due to the proximity of the meat to the bone and the less then lean nature of the meat, every bite is like the FIRST bite of a nice juicy steak, toward the grissel side of the meat.

BEFORE

AFTER

It's a good treat on occasion, it might be one of the best tasting meats I've personally had, but you can tell its not something you eat everyday.

The ribs are very small, which makes me assume that Korean Short ribs are taken from very young calves, for optimal tenderness, but don't know if youth has any implications on flavor.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
wheres the after pic?

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
nope just before

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is actually a more traditional look. The bone looks more accurate.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those longated oval bones are the signature marking of the Korean Short Rib.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
drools onto keyboard....sparks!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
what local markets sell these? like marinated and all? this looks all too appetizing

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
what local markets sell these? like marinated and all? this looks all too appetizing
Arcadia Korean Market
(626) 821-0171
171 E Live Oak Ave, #A, Arcadia, CA 91006

Hannam Chain Incorporated
(909) 839-1121
21080 Golden Springs Dr, Walnut, CA 91789

The most gangster Korean Markets are in Garden Grove, because that's actually where Little Korea is, but that's a deep drive. Hannam isn't far from Poly though.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
One more for Irish,

Spinach Pie

* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 1 onion chopped
* 3 cloves of garlic
* 3 packs of frozen spinach
* 1/2 pound feta cheese crumbled
* 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
* 1/4 cup bread crumbs
* 1 teaspoon dried dill
* 4 eggs lightly beaten
* 4 ounces frozen phyllo sheets

Healthy and tasty goodness.

Roughly:
- 4g fats
- 37g carbs (very adjustable)
- 5g fiber
- 13g proteins (adjustable, but not too much for integrity of flavor)

Per serving, now that's a desert!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Postpone on the meal I wanted to eat, to a meal I'm forcing down. More Japanese White Cod, Shrimp & Scrambled Eggs, with the addition of Duck, no skin on the duck. Duck skin is extremely good, but duck skin is basically a bacon wrap, so you gotta clamp down on that. I'm tossing the Chinese Broccoli.

and some cashews on the side, SALTED, I said it.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can throw spice on a rock and I'll eat it.

I agree, I posted some traditionally, thinner slices after that pic. They looked a little thick, so I re-posted more accurate depictions.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Enough with all the food already!! :rant: It's taken me months now to even start to look like I have abs. Don't get me gorging now!! HA HA :lol:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Enough with all the food already!! :rant: It's taken me months now to even start to look like I have abs. Don't get me gorging now!! HA HA :lol:
Your avi is looking good thunder :thumbsup:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am Metroba and I approve your avi Thunder!

you to hman!:hammer:

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Once again you've made me hungry Volcom!!!! :D

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Your avatar is Renegade Approved™, Thunder! :D

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for all the replies about my new avi guys!! I really appreciate it! You can click on my avatar and then go into MY PHOTOS and check out the rest of the new pics taken yesterday. What I would really like though, is for someone to tell me how to post some pics "IN" my log, or any thread for that matter. I know how to put them in My Photos, but do not know how to put them in a thread. I can posts youtube videos all day long, but I haven't figured out how to post pics!! HELP!! :box: Reps for the helper!! :head:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am Metroba and I approve your avi Thunder!

you to hman!:hammer:
Thanks metroba! And I ALWAYS approve of your avi's. They raise my free testosterone levels through the roof everytime I look at them!! :whip::toofunny:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the replies about my new avi guys!! I really appreciate it! You can click on my avatar and then go into MY PHOTOS and check out the rest of the new pics taken yesterday. What I would really like though, is for someone to tell me how to post some pics "IN" my log, or any thread for that matter. I know how to put them in My Photos, but do not know how to put them in a thread. I can posts youtube videos all day long, but I haven't figured out how to post pics!! HELP!! :box: Reps for the helper!! :head:
What I do is upload them to photobucket.com first and then use the

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What I do is upload them to photobucket.com first and then use the tag to copy and paste to here. Easy :)[/QUOTE]
Something like this..........thanks!!:thumbsup:

Attachments

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
lookn thick man!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmmmm..... not sure what to think

First and foremost,

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to thundergod again.

I tried, looking good in your pics.

Today was chest. Pretty much from beginning to end, my body did this to me :FUfinger::FUfinger::FUfinger:

Firstly,
Today was one of the most hard hitting, yet weakest chest workouts I've ever had. Hard hitting in that I was pumping & kicking my knees hard & high against an uphill battle, but I was punching and kicking so hard BECAUSE it was such an uphill battle, not because i was so full of intensity. I kept trying to make up, re-do, and over-compensate for my lack of strength, hoping the next set or the next exercise would somehow be a break in my current trend of sub-par performance in strength.

Secondly,
Not all was bad, my stamina and endurance continues to increase, and although my workout was rusty, I did have the endurance to finish and finish with everything I had.

These were my results,

CHEST

Flat Bench, Free
225lbs x 10 reps
245lbs x 10 reps
275lbs x 6 reps
275lbs x 6 reps

Incline Bench, Free
185lbs x 10 reps
205lbs x 8 reps
205lbs x 7 reps

Db Flat Press
100lbs x 8 reps
95lbs x 8 reps
90lbs x 10 reps

(it was not my intention to reverse pyramid, the weight was simply too heavy today)

Incline Bench, Smith
185lbs x 10 reps
205lbs x 8 reps
205lbs x 8 reps

Flat Bench, Smith
185lbs x 10 reps
205lbs x 8 reps
205lbs x 7 reps

You see how in the over-all view, I was definitely battling it out in the trenches, but with a closer look, the numbers weren't up to par.

Things to note:

- I slept like shite last night.
- I've got a bunch of negative stress in my head that was over-whelming my thoughts and distracting my focus the ENTIRE time, still is.
- Due to the stress I had no appetite today and ate like a 16 year old girl aiming to fit in a prom dress.
- I slept like shite last night.

Honestly, I'm not making excuses, but I need to indicate potential performance diminishing elements because I'm doing a product log. If I weren't, I'd throw my hands up and call it a shitty day, but I want to make sure that such critical aspects are taken into consideration, as to not implicate the blunt of the blame on the product. Because honestly, these are things that could taken away from a workout with hot sauce in your blood, if you know what I mean. I need to be fair, while being honest and transparent.

Up to this point, the most notable symptoms I've experienced has been an increase in stamina, this includes mental stamina, not just the energy to carry on, but the will & desire and the increased pumps I've been receiving to working muscles.

I know that Applied's DRIVE always took 5-8 days for the blunt of the strength effects to manifest, so perhaps in a few more days or less, I'll have something more significant to report in terms of strength.

I plan on doing back tomorrow morning, perhaps if my head is clear and my body is better rested, I'll be able to better utilize my brand new Blue GENES.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
these days happen every once in awhile ------>:FUfinger::FUfinger::FUfinger:

at least you still powered through a workout.
i'm sure you'll look fine in your prom dress.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
these days happen every once in awhile ------>:FUfinger::FUfinger::FUfinger:

at least you still powered through a workout.
i'm sure you'll look fine in your prom dress.
That's the whole reason I applied for this log :chick:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Post Workout Happenings

This is a food post.

Approx 15 min post-workout:
- 10 Sushi Rolls; raw spicy tuna, avocado, crab filling with a little shrimp.
- Spinach Salad
(really had to force this down, I wasn't really hungry to begin with)

Approx 60 min post-workout
- Sweet & Sour Thai Beef
(I'm still not really hungry, but it just tastes good. I'm only eating 5oz of the beef anyway)

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
This is a food post.

Approx 15 min post-workout:
- 10 Sushi Rolls; raw spicy tuna, avocado, crab filling with a little shrimp.
- Spinach Salad
(really had to force this down, I wasn't really hungry to begin with)

Approx 60 min post-workout
- Sweet & Sour Thai Beef
(I'm still not really hungry, but it just tastes good. I'm only eating 5oz of the beef anyway)

and you're jealous of MY fruit?! That sounds amazing.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh man that post workout meal looks amazing! Workout still looked decent bro. But if you look at the bright side - next chest workout Im sure you will come back with a vengeance and your blue genes will have kicked in more! :hammer:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh man that post workout meal looks amazing! Workout still looked decent bro. But if you look at the bright side - next chest workout Im sure you will come back with a vengeance and your blue genes will have kicked in more! :hammer:
You're up too late Metroba. It's about 1:38am here, another case of the insomnias for myself.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm hoping for a solid back workout tomorrow, I may attempt some light deads just to see where my lumbar is at.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You think the blue gene is keeping you up?

and yeah I need to go to bed. Im a night owl tho

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
and you're jealous of MY fruit?! That sounds amazing.
You know what it is, we're spoiled with the exotic out here, so I tend to enjoy the simple things.

I've eaten out my whole life, so I find myself enjoying home cooked meals much, much more then restaurants (well, depends who's cooking it and whats being cooked).

My friend DJ, he's originally from down south Georgia, good God can his mom cook southern food. Always in outlandish portions, and always good as all get out.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My friend DJ, he's originally from down south Georgia, good God can his mom cook southern food. Always in outlandish portions, and always good as all get out.
I live in Tennessee. So I know all about that good southern cuisine! I was "raised up on dem der vittles"!! :lol: My Grandmother was like a freakin' magician in the kitchen. Everything she cooked tasted magical. Just ordinary scrambled eggs were something amazing! I don't know what it was that made all her food taste so great, but it was nice growing up and eating all that stuff!! :food::bb3:

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Keep up the great work Volcom. These days definitely happen, had one on Thursday. Get some rest this weekend if you can and power back at it today :)

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
You know what it is, we're spoiled with the exotic out here, so I tend to enjoy the simple things.

I've eaten out my whole life, so I find myself enjoying home cooked meals much, much more then restaurants (well, depends who's cooking it and whats being cooked).

Yeah I can understand that. I spent a great portion of my youth going from restaurant to restaurant so I much prefer home cookin' now myself. I spent a year as a line lead and another year as a sous chef...so my girlfriend's family is happy when I cook, haha.

Southern cooking is out of this world...it's unfortunate that a lot of it is fried..or else i'd be eating southern food daily. fried chicken with hot sauce and some buffalo shrimp are like my favorite things. Alligator is really delicious too.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah I can understand that. I spent a great portion of my youth going from restaurant to restaurant so I much prefer home cookin' now myself. I spent a year as a line lead and another year as a sous chef...so my girlfriend's family is happy when I cook, haha.

Southern cooking is out of this world...it's unfortunate that a lot of it is fried..or else i'd be eating southern food daily. fried chicken with hot sauce and some buffalo shrimp are like my favorite things. Alligator is really delicious too.
YOU'VE HAD ALLIGATOR!!! Man, I would love to try that!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've had dip made from alligator, never actually ate the meat though.