The Female Terminator Chronicles: Cutting for Competition (2011)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like things are starting to come together for ya!! Either way, I love your dedication!! :)
I finally got my act together is why! :boggled: Set things in motion that I can't help but be ready for! :wink1:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Happy Saint Patrick's Day

MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Ask yourself "What can I do different today to better myself as an individual so that I can better others." Humility is remaining teachable." - Ben Booker

TRAINING

Session 1

Cardio - CrossRamp:
10 min @ R10/CR10

Back (1 min recovery between sets):
1. Supinated BB Bent Over Rows 5 x 8
2. Reverse Rows 5 x 6
3. Supinated Lat Pull-Down (in squat position) 5 x 5
4. T-Bar Row 4 x 6

Post-Weights Cardio - Treadmill:
a. 1 min @ 17.6 km/hr
b. 9 x 30 sec rest / 30 sec @ 17.6 km/hr

Stretch 28 min.

Session 2

Cardio - Treadmill:
a. 2 min @ 14.4 km/hr
b. 2 x 10 sec rest / 20 sec @ 16 km/hr
c. 2 x 10 sec rest / 20 sec @ 17.6 km/hr

Chest (1 min recovery between sets):
1. Incline BB Bench Press 4 x 12, 10, 8, 5
2. Flat BB Bench Press 4 x 6, 5, 5, 5
3. Push-Ups (feet on bench, hands on medicine balls) 4 x 8

Post-Weights Cardio - Run 10 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: Very broken, waking up every 1-2 hours over an 8-hour period.

Energy: There.

Joints: Left wrist was a constant heavy pain.

Endurance: Good.

Strength: Still improving..

Pump: Some.

Vascularity: Excellent!

Quality of Training: I'm going to have to get out before I go the gym and just run, like I used to do back home, since doing cardio in the gym drives me nuts and I find it hard to stick it out now (which is odd, this intolerance/aversion I have developed for hours training) . . . Completely shattered during second training session, with a sharp pain in my side throughout it . . .

Appetite: I must say, it's been less than a week with this new way of eating, but I'm not minding it, and actually feel loads better using this nutritional method. Stick to it and I believe I will conquer my eating issues once and for all!

Body Composition and Look: Midsection continued to look leaner, stomach flatter, upper abs drier.

Other Notes: It's Saint Patrick's Day today - the day the Irish in the US celebrate their heritage. Even though I've always identified more with my Chinese [rather than European] heritage, it doesn't change the fact that I'm still part Irish, with Irish characteristics and traits. I'm proud of where my family has come from and one day hope to see my ancestral homes and villages overseas.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Other Notes: It's Saint Patrick's Day today - the day the Irish in the US celebrate their heritage. Even though I've always identified more with my Chinese [rather than European] heritage, it doesn't change the fact that I'm still part Irish, with Irish characteristics and traits. I'm proud of where my family has come from and one day hope to see my ancestral homes and villages overseas.
I'm Irish as well Rosie, Happy St. Patrick's Day! One of my goals in life is to visit Ireland....:)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm Irish as well Rosie, Happy St. Patrick's Day! One of my goals in life is to visit Ireland....:)
Back at ya, Ryan :) My younger sisters have both been to Ireland - one worked there for just over a year - and I wouldn't mind going someday.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Now THAT'S what I call PROGRESS!

"Letting go doesn't mean giving up... it means moving on. It is one of the hardest things a person can do. Starting at birth, we grasp on to anything we can get our hands on, and hold on as if we will cease to exist when we let go. We feel that letting go is giving up, quitting, and that as we all know is cowardly. But as we grow older we are forced to change our way of thinking. We are forced to realize that letting go means accepting things that cannot be. It means maturing and moving on, no matter how hard you have to fight yourself to do so." - Unknown

TRAINING

Session 1

HIIT - Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 8 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
c. 4 min jogging

Full-Body (1 min recovery between supersets):
Superset A -
1. DB Hammer Raises 2 x 6
2. Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises 2 x 12 per arm
Superset B -
3. DB French Press 2 x 6
4. DB Concentration Curls 2 x 12 per arm
Superset C -
5. Reverse Rows 2 x 6
6. Push-Ups (hands on fists, feet on bench) 2 x 12
Superset D -
7. Squat Jumps (all way to ground) 2 x 6
8. Side-to-side Plyometric Bench Jumps 2 x 12 per side
Superset E -
9. Hanging Straight-Leg Jackknife 2 x 6
10. Bicycle 2 x 12 per side

Post-Weights Cardio - CrossRamp:
a. 5 min @ R12/CR10
b. 5 min @ R10/CR10

Stretch 20 min.

Session 2

Cardio - Run 3 miles.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~5 hours.

Mood/Aggression: Good. Happy with the progress I've been making this week - still eating a lot, but manipulating my calorie and carbohydrate intake around my training, with less training than Maintenance, and seeing a NOTICEABLE difference!

Energy: Shattered.

Endurance: Ok.

Strength: This session wasn't about strength - Full-Body sessions never are.

Pump: Strong.

Vascularity: Staying consistent throughout the day and not just strong when training.

Quality of Training: HIIT Run was not as fast as I would have liked, but it was as fast as my body would move . . . Resistance session, although short, was intense, and I was breathing heavily, my heart pounding by the end of it . . .

Recovery: The double resistance sessions DO take quite a bit out of me, and my body is catching up.

Appetite: Amazing what a difference manipulating feeding times makes. I have had NO cravings over the last five days for sweets and have resisted everything I have been offered. I am pleased. Without cutting calories or carbohydrates, I am managing to remain satiated and without wanting to gobble everything in sight once I DO start eating. I think I have found my new lifestyle nutritional method!

Body Composition and Look: Down 6.2 pounds in five days - withOUT a decrease OR change in calorie and carbohydrate consumption (just manipulating carbohydrate intake around training times), and at LESS than Maintenance training volume (only ~20 minutes of cardio a day and four days of resistance training)!

Other Notes: I got a new bottle of Alpha-T2 yesterday, so started that with a dose last night (changes reflected in post #1).

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Late sub..

Good luck with reaching your goals Rosie

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Late but im here Rosie! Kick ass and take names like you usualy do!

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No news for you yet? :puppy_dog_eyes: :think: Want me to come and beat their ass? ;) :swordfight:
Yup!!!

[B!

Body Composition and Look: Down 6.2 pounds in five days - withOUT a decrease OR change in calorie and carbohydrate consumption (just manipulating carbohydrate intake around training times), and at LESS than Maintenance training volume (only ~20 minutes of cardio a day and four days of resistance training)!
Nice!!! how do you manipulate the carb intake, Rosie?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Late but im here Rosie! Kick ass and take names like you usualy do!
Josh!

Yup!!!

Nice!!! how do you manipulate the carb intake, Rosie?
They need a big :slap: :rant2:

Doing a modification on intermittent fasting (thanks, Nick), with the bulk of my calories and carbohydrates in the meal/s (if double sessions that day) post-training, maintaining the food consumed in the modification of the Paleo Diet mentioned in post #1. I was going to allow myself one "free" day a week where I did not have to stick to either and just do whatever whenever (if I felt like it), but after doing this last night and feeling like crap after it, I will no longer be doing it - not just for that, but for my mental and physical health and well-being as well. I've felt great all week - no point in ruining that, and a "free" day can just include something say if I want to go out for dinner, etc.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
16 weeks out from Competition

"Attitude determines your success...or your failure. Attitude turns troubles...into blessings. Attitude sets the altitude!" - Gina Ostarly

TRAINING

Cardio - Rollers:
20 min in 39x17 @ 104 rpm

Stretch 25 min.

COMMENTS

Stress: High.

Pump: Only in legs.

Vascularity: Normal - and there is a new 'normal'.

Quality of Training: Day 6 is going to be 20 minutes of cardio - if I decide to make it HIT that's fine, but I am not going to force it, especially knowing how shattered I was yesterday after the previous five days, and that is just the START! Training was a nice and 'easy' rollers session today - hopefully my lower body will be fine for tomorrow.

Recovery: I was so sore yesterday it wasn't funny - lower body especially, glutes and quads, tight and stiff, no doubt from the Jump Squats on Friday, with the run I did in the evening not helping either.

Other Notes: This last week has let me see how my body handles what it HAS to be doing. Cardio was a mere ~20 minutes on training days - this needs to be upped to 20-60 minutes. Resistance sessions were fine, but by Day 5 I was shattered, and even though the session was intense, it was done almost at collapsing. This week was 'baseline' re nutrition and training like this, and next week is only going to be BETTER!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Making Diamonds

"Our lives are not determined by what happens to us but by how we react to what happens, not by what life brings to us, but by the attitude we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes. It is a catalyst, a spark that creates extraordinary results." - Anonymous

TRAINING

HIIT - Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 12 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
c. 12 min jogging

Shoulders/Hamstrings (1 min recovery between sets, 30 sec recovery between alternate sets):
1. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press 5 x 8, 6, 5, 4, 3
2. BB Military Press 5 x 6, 5, 5, 4, 4
Alternate Set A -
3. Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises 4 x 10 per side
4. DB Clean and Press 4 x 10
Alternate Set B -
5. Seated DB Rear Raises 4 x 10
6. Plate Hammer Raises 4 x 10
7. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts (on 6" box, BB to ground) 4 x 10
8. Lying Leg Curls 4 x 10

Post-Weights Cardio - Rollers:
a. 10 min in 39x18 @ 110 rpm
b. 10 min in 39x17 @ 110 rpm

Stretch 22 min.

COMMENTS

Mood/Aggression: Had a few great conversations this morning which made me think and set a few things in motion in my mind. I am in a good place and it can only get better!

Energy: Endless.

Mental Focus and Clarity: Couldn't be better.

Libido: It's going to be an active evening later ;)

Joints: My biceps' tendons are playing up again - which is normal on Shoulders' day, but even more sharp and painful than usual, and I had to literally dig my nails in for pressure on my right one during Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises else they would have not been done very well. Left wrist is still aching - not sure why.

Endurance: Great.

Strength: Strength was a little down on some exercises today, but up on others.

Pump: A little - more pain than pump.

Vascularity: Some - not as strong as it has been, though.

Quality of Training: HIIT was ok. A little slower than it has been today. I'm going to have to build my speed endurance up again . . . Resistance session was good. Trained a little later today and the weights room at the gym was pretty full. My biceps' tendons were causing pain, and some with wrists, so a lot of grimacing and making faces in the mirror. It was a longer session than I have done for quite a while today, but it's the only session for today (instead of doing two), so it's ok. Was feeling my hamstrings pretty well after even the first set of Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts . . . Decided to go home and sit on my rollers afterwards, to help re recovery of my legs . . .

Recovery: Legs still feel somewhat shattered from last week, which is odd. Going to notice my shoulders tomorrow.

Other Notes: I feel like I have a LONG way to go to get to where I want to be, but I KNOW that I WILL get there with NO more interruptions or adjustments! I am a "work in progress", but getting closer to refining that rough rock into something stunning!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There's NOTHING you can't do if you want it ENOUGH!

"It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not. Ya know its funny, in life we have tons of people that are quick to tell us what we can't do and ya know what? That's simply because they want to keep you down...their life sucks so they want your life to suck. Take control in whatever it is and DO IT FOR YOU!!!" - Walt Ostarly

TRAINING

Session 1

Arms/Abs (1 min recovery between trisets):
Triset -
1. EZ-Bar Bicep Curls 6 x 21s
2. Flat Close-Grip BB Bench Press 6 x 8
3. Seated Cable Crunches 6 x 20

20 min in 39x17 @ 104-106 rpm

Stretch 22 min.

Session 2

Cardio - CrossRamp:
10 min @ R10/CR10

Arms/Abs (30 sec between alternate sets):
Alternate Set A -
1. Close-Grip BB Bicep Curls 4 x 12
2. Weighted Dips 4 x 6
Alternate Set B -
3. Close-Grip BB Bicep Curls 4 x 6
4. Dips 4 x 8
Alternate Set C -
5. Incline DB Bicep Curls 4 x 12
6. DB French Press 4 x 6
Alternate Set D -
7. Alternate DB Bicep Curls 4 x 12 per side
8. V-Bar Tricep Push-Downs 4 x 6
Alternate Set E -
9. Swissball Crunches (feet on wall, knees at 90 degree flexion) 1 x 50
10. Bicycle 1 x 50

COMMENTS

Mood/Aggression: Taking control!

Energy: Good.

Mental Focus and Clarity: Doing what has to be done.

Libido: Later.

Joints: Left wrist a dull ache.

Strength: Improving on all fronts.

Pump: Strong right from the start.

Vascularity: Excellent.

Quality of Training: Did weights before cardio in the first session. Wore a sweatshirt during training and got heated up pretty fast to almost unbearable. I get overheated easily when exercising and don't know how people can wear so many clothes during training - I'm not one to train in a sports bra and tiny short, but I see the benefits of them re ventilation . . . Second resistance session was good. Pushed myself, even when my left wrist tightened up so much it would almost not move. After Alternate Set B the weights were not the heaviest, but they were heavy enough to be intense. Definition, especially in biceps and rear deltoids coming through well. Vascularity strong in the second half of the session . . .

Recovery: Shoulders are fine after yesterday - it's my back and legs I am noticing.

Appetite: Definitely have NO desire now to stray from the nutrition plan I have set myself. A VERY good thing!

Body Composition and Look: A Work in Progress.

Other Notes: Me, intimidating? Seriously, I am baffled every time someone says this to me. How on earth do you add two and two and get five?

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Looking good Rosie. Many people find anyone "intense" intimidating. I think you're just fine. LOL.

I have to agree with you about people who wear a lot of layers when training. I drench a tshirt. I can't stand to be super hot when lifting. I have a few guys at my gym that start out in sweats and slowly drop layers until they're in a tshirt and pants. I just start that way. Less laundry anyway. :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking good Rosie. Many people find anyone "intense" intimidating. I think you're just fine. LOL.

I have to agree with you about people who wear a lot of layers when training. I drench a tshirt. I can't stand to be super hot when lifting. I have a few guys at my gym that start out in sweats and slowly drop layers until they're in a tshirt and pants. I just start that way. Less laundry anyway. :)
I didn't mean re training but in general, LOL. But yeah, interesting to see others' perspective of oneself.

I'm starting to get heat rashes when I'm training, so I stick to wearing tanks and t-shirts and boardies. Not much less laundry when you go through 3-4 changes of clothes a day, LOL :p

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
I didn't mean re training but in general, LOL. But yeah, interesting to see others' perspective of oneself.

I'm starting to get heat rashes when I'm training, so I stick to wearing tanks and t-shirts and boardies. Not much less laundry when you go through 3-4 changes of clothes a day, LOL :p
Haha! Good point!

When I last used Eviscerate I gave myself a bad heat rash from training after applying it. Guess the new "Smolder" version may be better for that.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha! Good point!

When I last used Eviscerate I gave myself a bad heat rash from training after applying it. Guess the new "Smolder" version may be better for that.
I never got heat rashes from using either Eviscerate or Eviscerate Smolder. However, my skin is so sensitive now that I've had to stop even the Smolder because the cold burn/tingle is too much for it. Whilst it is a regret because both products work exceptionally well, I am fortunate enough that the 7-KE Topical Spray and LipoBURN also work just as well - with the added benefits of none of the burning, water retention, or bloating that occurs during use of the aforementioned products. The 7-KE is actually the BEST topical I have used to date, even better than the original DermaTherm, which was at the top of my list for so long.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I never got heat rashes from using either Eviscerate or Eviscerate Smolder. However, my skin is so sensitive now that I've had to stop even the Smolder because the cold burn/tingle is too much for it. Whilst it is a regret because both products work exceptionally well, I am fortunate enough that the 7-KE Topical Spray and LipoBURN also work just as well - with the added benefits of none of the burning, water retention, or bloating that occurs during use of the aforementioned products. The 7-KE is actually the BEST topical I have used to date, even better than the original DermaTherm, which was at the top of my list for so long.
:biggthumpup:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Be ALIVE!

"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman

TRAINING

Session 1

HIIT - Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 26 x 20 sec sprints/10 sec easy
c. 4 min jogging

Stretch 21 min.

Session 2

Cardio - Rollers:
20 min in 39x17 @ 110-112 rpm

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: On and off for ~10 hours - was a great second resistance session last night and it shattered me to pieces!

Mood/Aggression: Soaking up the possibilities and the positive :yumyum: I have been listening to this for hours on repeat the last few days - so could be helping with that. AWESOME video!

Energy: There.

Mental Focus and Clarity: Has to be there.

Quality of Training: BEST HIIT Run yet! Even though it was cold, windy and raining, I was fast, which surprised me considering how tight my hamstrings are right now and how painful they have been just walking. Maybe the cold made me run faster, LOL. Anyways, run was great. I felt great. Happy that my speed endurance is returning :arms:

Recovery: Anterior deltoids DOMS. Lower back DOMS. Hamstrings DOMS. My body is tight and sore right now - but I feel GREAT! :biggthumpup:

Other Notes: It started SNOWING this afternoon! :wtf:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your Life is YOUR Choice!

"Any change, any loss, does not make us victims. Others can shake you, surprise you, disappoint you, but they can't prevent you from acting, from taking the situation you're presented with and moving on. No matter where you are in life, no matter what your situation, you can always do something. You always have a choice and the choice can be power." - Blaine Lee

TRAINING

Session 1

Cardio - Run:
3 miles @ 4 min/km pace

Back (1 min recovery between sets):
1. Supinated BB Bent Over Rows 6 x 10
2. Reverse Rows (feet on bench) 6 x 8
3. Supinated Lat Pull-Downs 6 x 8

20 min in 39x17 @ 106-112 rpm

Stretch 27 min.

Session 2

Chest (1 min recovery between sets):
1. Flat BB Bench Press 6 x 8, 8, 6, 6, 6, 6
2. Incline DB Bench press 6 x 8, 8, 6, 6, 6, 6
3. Push-Ups (hands on swissballs, feet on bench) 6 x 10, 10, 10, 10, 6, 6

Post-Weights Cardio - Treadmill:
a. 1 min @ 14.4 km/hr / 30 sec rest
b. 5 x 1 min @15.2 km/hr / 30 sec rest
c. 1 x 1 min @ 16 km/hr

COMMENTS

Mood/Aggression: On a roll, baby!

Energy: Leaps and bounds, training wanting to go on and on . . .

Stress: A never-ending high these days - training and nutrition being on track helps relieve it a little, though.

Endurance: Awesome!

Strength: Better than last week.

Pump: Reasonable.

Vascularity: Definitely improving gradually - going to be awesome when I'm lean lean again :)

Quality of Training: 3-mile run was great - not as fast as the one not so long ago, but definitely better than what they have been. Running again makes a difference and it's nice to feel like I can perform again. Started tasting blood from ten minutes on, but it wasn't an issue . . . Back resistance training was good. Doing the heavier back lifts, focusing on using supinated grips makes more of a difference for my biceps re mass and definition than doing biceps' exercises, and since I don't want any more width in my back, I'm fine doing this . . . Rollers session post-weights was good as well, and I could have kept ON going . . . A little weaker in the last couple of sets for each exercise in my second resistance session, but legs felt great after the treadmill . . .

Recovery: My hamstrings are suffering badly from Monday - painful with everything it seems BUT running and cycling. Some small issues with my lower back as well, and last night every small twist and turn had my vertebrae cracking and creaking against each other.

Body Composition and Look: Upper body from hips up is starting to look semi-decent.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stand for You!

"If you believe in something then stand by it! Live it and let it represent you! Don't let people, places and things define who you truly know you are!" - Ben Booker

TRAINING

Session 1

HIIT - Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 10 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
c. 12 min jogging

Stretch 22 min.

Session 2

Full-Body (1 min recovery between supersets):
Superset A -
1. Plate Hammer Raises 2 x 6
2. Single-Arm Lateral Raises 2 x 12 per arm
Superset B -
3. Dips 2 x 6
4. EZ-Bar Bicep Curls 2 x 15
Superset C -
5. Reverse Rows 2 x 6
6. Push-Ups (on fists, feet on floor) 2 x 12
Superset D -
7. Squat Jumps 2 x 6
8. Alternate Backward Lunges 2 x 15 per side
Superset E -
9. Hanging Straight-Leg Raises (feet to touch bar) 2 x 6
10. Bicycle 2 x 15 per side

COMMENTS

Mood/Aggression: Spoke to family today - made me smile a bit, take my mind off the fatigue I have been feeling all day.

Energy: Shattered - which is why I did my resistance session in the evening, and even then, it was pushing it.

Stress: Extra high.

Strength: Full-Body sessions are not about strength.

Pump: Reasonable.

Vascularity: Ok.

Quality of Training: HIIT Run was ok. Seemed to take a lot out of me though - although, it's Friday, and I felt like this last Friday as well . . . Resistance session my body did not feel like doing, but my mind knew I had to do it, so it FORCED it . . .

Recovery: The rest of the week seems to catch up on me on Friday and I spend a day or so recovering from it before the next week.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really admire your dedication Rosie. When I have days like those where I am just not feeling it I end up either not working out as planned or doing a half as5 workout. I way you just power through it no matter what is a great characteristic.

BTW loving the quotes as always

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really admire your dedication Rosie. When I have days like those where I am just not feeling it I end up either not working out as planned or doing a half as5 workout. I way you just power through it no matter what is a great characteristic.

BTW loving the quotes as always
Well, I DID consider just leaving it at the HIIT Run and doing the Full-Body session today, but knowing that I am going to feel like the worst thing in the gutter EVERY Friday made me push through and just do it anyway!

Thanks, Josh - I'm needing them myself to get through some days, remind me what I'm fighting for, and Ben is a great mentor to me!

^^ ditto

wish I had more to say, but he got it all in there :)
Cheers, lady :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your life is your own!

"No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change." - Barbara DeAngelis

TRAINING

Cardio - HIT:
a. Treadmill @ 16 km/hr 1 min
b. Swissball Crunches (feet on wall, knees at 90 degree flexion) 1 min
c. Treadmill @ 16 km/hr 1 min
d. Swissball Rollouts 1 min
e. Treadmill @ 16 km/hr 1 min
f. Swissball Crunches (270 to 180 degrees)
g. Treadmill @ 16 km/hr 1 min
h. Side (left) Plank 1 min
i. Treadmill @ 16 km/hr 1 min
j. Plank 1 min
k. Treadmill @ 17.6 km/hr 1 min
l. Swissball Crunches (feet on wall, knees at 90 degree flexion) 1 min
m. Treadmill @ 17.6 km/hr 1 min
n. Swissball Rollouts 1 min
o. Treadmill @ 17.6 km/hr 1 min
p. Swissball Crunches (270 to 180 degrees)
q. Treadmill @ 17.6 km/hr 1 min
r. Side (right) Plank 1 min
s. Treadmill @ 17.6 km/hr 1 min
t. Plank 1 min

Stretch 22 min.

COMMENTS

Mood/Aggression: Of sorts.

Energy: Some.

Quality of Training: I don't feel like I've done ENOUGH this week and had to punish myself for my lack of discipline last night. So I did HIT. My legs were actually ok during the treadmill "efforts"; it was the swissball crunches that caused cringing and I had a sharp pain in my right side during them. Soldiered on through though and was pleased on completion, feeling surprisingly REFRESHED.

Recovery: I actually feel BETTER AFTER today's training than I did during it or than I've been all week! Interesting, but good!

Other Notes: Every experience we have becomes part of who we are. How we choose to let those experiences affect us is our choice. If you're not who you want to be, do something about it! Change. Become who you want to be and don't let anyone try and make you into something else! Your life is your own. Live it how YOU want to!

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Hey Rosie!! I saw this and thought of you

"Do not throw away the hero in your soul. Hold holy your highest hope."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

I've only just been introduced to Neitzche but I really loved this quote thought you might get a kick out of it too, then again you've prob already seen it :)

Great work!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey Rosie!! I saw this and thought of you

"Do not throw away the hero in your soul. Hold holy your highest hope."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

I've only just been introduced to Neitzche but I really loved this quote thought you might get a kick out of it too, then again you've prob already seen it :)

Great work!
Awesome quote! :arms: Thanks, lady :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Adjusting the Gameplan...Again...

"Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared believe that something inside them was superior to circumstance." - Bruce Barton

TRAINING

This week's Day Off.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: No more time for allowing this falling asleep and waking when it happens - SCHEDULE has to happen NOW!

Mood/Aggression: Disappointed after found out body statistics today, but knowing that something needs to be done about it and DOING it!

Stress: HighER.

Recovery: I feel fine after yesterday.

Body Composition and Look: 122.4 pounds at 11.6% bodyfat. Only a 0.4% bodyfat loss over two weeks - NOT acceptable, especially when training and nutrition have been on track! Just means that I have to tighten everything up even MORE - MORE cardio has to be done and NO consideration of even the minutest lapse in dietary discipline from now on!

Other Notes: Sometimes we all need lifting up. I love this song - it helps put life in perspective.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No More Drifting!

"It’s completely miraculous what can happen when we choose to embrace and be passionate about our God given purpose in life." - Dan Taulbee

TRAINING

HIIT - Run:
a. 4 min jogging
c. 10 min jogging

Shoulders/Hamstrings (1 min recovery between sets):
1. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press 5 x 15, 12, 10, 10, 8
2. BB Military Press 5 x 15, 12, 10, 10, 8
3. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts (BB to touch floor) 5 x 10

Stretch 20 min.

COMMENTS

Mood/Aggression: It's a brand new day, brand new week - another chance to make things HAPPEN!

Energy: My uplifted and positive mood seems to be making me light, gifting me with energy :banana:

Mental Focus and Clarity: I know where I want to be and how to get there from where I am.

Stress: The highest it has been in a long time, actually - it's just that I am choosing NOT to let it bother me; a small victory!

Endurance: I could have KEPT running this morning.

Strength: Changed it a little, to take the focus AWAY from strength and getting to the point where the burn was so bad I could not do any more reps for that set.

Pump: Surprisingly, in my TRICEPS.

Vascularity: Normal.

Quality of Training: HIIT Run was good. I am doing less sprints at the moment, focusing on making every sprint to the point where I want to collapse afterwards, gasping in air to breathe. I'm pushing myself hard enough to taste blood, so that's a start . . . Resistance session I was pleased with. Probably going to do a slightly lighter than usual and then a heavy one on the days I do 2-a-day resistance trainings . . .

Recovery: I feel great :)

Other Notes: Sometimes I lose sight of what's important, driving rather than being driven, but I always return to my roots. No more drifting in ANYthing from now on, though!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
damn, rosie. i just read through the log, wow. looks like you are in a much better place, and your focus is as high as ever.

nice!!!!:bling:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
damn, rosie. i just read through the log, wow. looks like you are in a much better place, and your focus is as high as ever.

nice!!!!:bling:
I'm definitely in a much better place, Tom. A lot better than I was not so long ago. I was given a kick and a reality check and some inspiration. I might not have gotten here without the support that I have had, though, so thank you to all of you (you know who you are) who have lifted my spirits :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pushing Through The Pain!

"Be the source. Whatever you want to experience in yourself, be the source of it in the lives of others. This is the great secret. This is sacred wisdom. Do unto others as you would have it done unto you." - Guy Francis

TRAINING

Cardio - Run:
3 miles @ 4 min/km pace

Shoulders/Hamstrings/Arms/Abs (1 min recovery between supersets):
Superset A -
1. Hanging Straight-Leg Raise Jackknife 4 x 8
2. Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises 4 x 12 per side
Superset B -
3. Close-Grip BB Bicep Curls 4 x 6
4. Dips 4 x 6
Superset C -
5. Incline DB Bicep Curls 4 x 12
6. V-Bar Tricep Push-Down 4 x 8
Superset D -
7. EZ-Bar Bicep Curls 4 x 21s
8. Alternate DB Hammer Curls 4 x 12
Superset E -
9. Rope Crunches 4 x 20
10. Lying Leg Curls 4 x 12

a. 5 min in 39x18 @ 104-106 rpm
b. 15 min in 39x17 @ 104-106 rpm

Stretch 26 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~14 hours! Took me quite a while to get to sleep - I felt like someone was ripping out my insides. When I finally drifted off, sleep was broken for a while before settling down. Woke without the chills I had been having prior to sleep, but feeling like someone had run me over with a house! Not sure where the long sleeping period came from - maybe the pain exhausted me?

Mood/Aggression: Determined!

Energy: The pain was still there when I woke up, albeit not as sharp as it was last night/earlier this morning, but it was enough that I didn't feel like doing anything.

Mental Focus and Clarity: I had to REALLY focus on my training today - take my mind off the pain.

Stress: Higher than high.

Strength: Making steady progress.

Pump: Strong.

Vascularity: Strong, especially in arms.

Quality of Training: Run pre-weights was good. Interesting pace, considering how I was feeling . . . Resistance training was a mix of yesterday and today's body-parts, since I didn't get to do a second session last night. The time passed quickly and I was pleased with the progress I am slowly making . . . Sat on the rollers when I got home, to help my legs recover from the Lying Leg Curls (since I know I will get bad DOMS in a few days from them otherwise) . . .

Recovery: I'm recovering more from the severe pain that suddenly wracked my insides last night than from any training - I don't know what it's from, but it's worse than the worst menstrual pain, and just as deep. Weird.

Other Notes: Set up another photoshoot with one of the photographers that I have been wanting to work with for some time, so that's one more thing to look forward to!

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm a little late but still; subbed! :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hope that pain clear up.

Does it feel like internal pain, like something you should be seeing a doctor about? Or do you think it's training related?

Either way Rosie I hope you feel better and take care

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hope that pain clear up.

Does it feel like internal pain, like something you should be seeing a doctor about? Or do you think it's training related?

Either way Rosie I hope you feel better and take care
So do I. It is definitely a deep internal pain, something I have been experiencing and dealing with for quite a while now and should probably see someone about, but I have no faith in medical professionals so I will just push through the pain. No cause for concern.

Thanks, Josh :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Passion makes a difference!

"Passion is a feeling that tells you: This is the right thing to do. Nothing can stand in my way. It doesn't matter what anyone else says. This feeling is so good that it cannot be ignored." - Unknown

TRAINING

HIIT - Run:
a. 4 min jogging
c. 10 min jogging

Stretch 43 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: Back to my regular ~5 hours. The pain meant difficulty falling asleep though.

Mood/Aggression: Even when everything seems like it's falling to pieces one can still feel positive and uplifted.

Energy: It came out of nowhere during my HIIT, even though the deep pain from yesterday was still present.

Quality of Training: HIIT was great. Covered the furthest ever in my four minutes pre-sprinting, which was interesting. Sprints were also done well and back up to speed, despite feeling like each one lasted forever. I was pleased with the session and may do another bout of cardio later on.

Recovery: The rollers definitely help my lower body recovery - along with the hot/cold showers.

Body Composition and Look: I noticed last night in the gym that my rear delts have come a long way re development and definition. And this morning my back was looking leaner and more defined than it has when I am leaner, even though I am the palest I have ever been in my life - the extra width and mass is evident.

Other Notes: Keeping my spirit refreshed!

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow, looks like things are going pretty good Rosie...well besides the pain, but you know how that is:)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cant wait for the end result!!
Me neither, Chris :)

From the start of April, the countdowns are as follows:
5 weeks to Photoshoot with Tony Mitchell
9.5 weeks to Photoshoot with Dan Ray
11.5 weeks to Photoshoots with Walt Ostarly
13 weeks (+ pre-competition week) to Competition

Wow, looks like things are going pretty good Rosie...well besides the pain, but you know how that is:)
Yeppers...Besides the pain - and I'm trying to ignore that as much as possible, Ryan :bigeyes2:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Purpose Driven Life

"Trust in Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think." - Ephesians 3:20

TRAINING

Back/Chest (30 sec recovery between alternate sets):
Alternate Set A -
1. Supinated BB Bent Over Rows 4 x 10
2. Flat BB Bench Press 4 x 10
Alternate Set B -
3. Supinated Close-Grip Lat Pull-Downs (in squat position) 4 x 6
4. Incline DB Bench Press 4 x 6
Alternate Set C -
5. V-Bar Seated Row 4 x 8
6. Push-Ups (feet on bench, hands on basketballs) 4 x 8
Alternate Set D -
7. T-Bar Rows 4 x 8
8. Push-Ups (feet on floor, hands on step) 4 x 12

Post-Weights Cardio - Run:
3 miles @ 4 min/km

20 min in 39x18 @ 100-104 rpm

Stretch 21 min.

COMMENTS

Mood/Aggression: Still having deep inner pain issues, but it's amazing what a difference a refreshed and uplifted spirit can make to one's mood!

Energy: I was actually moving as if in slow motion during training, but there was energy and time felt like it was moving slowly even if it wasn't.

Mental Focus and Clarity: I am focused.

Joints: My left wrist actually gave out and collapsed on me during my second set of Push-Ups with the basketballs and it was painful to continue, but continue I did.

Strength: This is not lacking by any means.

Pump: Good.

Vascularity: Loving it!

Quality of Training: I started out with resistance training today, which was different, but good. I felt good, even though I felt like I was moving in slow motion between sets. I had to take a minute after my left wrist fell out from under me (my hand being on a basketball didn't help), and because I didn't want to end my session prematurely, I gritted my teeth and dogged on . . . Cardio was good. Surprising myself with my running pace, because I felt like I was moving like a snail (goes to show how wrong our perception can be!) . . . Finished with the rollers to help my legs recover, since this seems to be the best thing for them these days (not to mention the combination of running and cycling is working on my legs to bring out the definition and lean them up) . . .

Recovery: A little slower re cadence on the rollers for active recovery . . . The way this week is going, it also looks like it will be an "easy" week, with only one training session a day (back to 2-a-days from next week though!) . . .

Body Composition and Look: Hips started popping a little today, and also noticed that my calves are getting more defined again.

Other Notes: I'm making my way through The Purpose Driven Life again - just for some light reading :) Seriously though, Mum gave me this for my 20th birthday, unknowingly at a time in my life when the message inside it was something I needed to hear and read, and I have read over and over throughout the years - it's one of my top three favourite books. The first time I read it I determined my purpose and every time I read it, that purpose is verified, and I am refreshed, coming back to myself and my roots, to find peace in my soul and what really matters. "Without a purpose, life is motion without meaning, activity without direction, and events without reason. Without a purpose, life is trivial, petty, and pointless." - Rick Warren.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That wrist accident sounds painful :eek:uch: Hope it isn't very bad and that it recovers quickly!

I hear you on the combination of running and cycling. My legs have never been this defined since I started running and cycling during cardio days. (Not to mention the great impact from front squats ;))

//CC

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That wrist accident sounds painful :eek:uch: Hope it isn't very bad and that it recovers quickly!

I hear you on the combination of running and cycling. My legs have never been this defined since I started running and cycling during cardio days. (Not to mention the great impact from front squats ;))

//CC
Thanks, bud. Sometimes my left wrist feels like I've broken it all over again, but what can I do but just suck it up and push on :yup:

Yeah, the running and cycling does it for me - I stopped doing anything specific for Legs a long time ago, since I don't need to with those two.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Purpose Gives Clarity

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." - Maya Angelou

TRAINING

HIIT - Run:
a. 4 min jogging
c. 10 min jogging

Full-Body (30 sec recovery between alternate sets):
Alternate Set A -
1. BB Stiff-Legged Deadlifts 4 x 12
2. Weighted Crunches (on bench, knees at 90 degree flexion) 4 x 12
Alternate Set B -
3. Single-Leg DB Deadlifts 4 x 12 per side
4. Rope Crunches 4 x 15
Alternate Set C -
5. EZ-Bar Bicep Curls 4 x 12
6. Incline Dips 4 x 12
Alternate Set D -
7. Alternate DB Hammer Curls 4 x 12 per side
8. Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises 4 x 15 per side
Alternate Set E -
9. DB Hammer Raises 4 x 12
10. Seated DB Rear Raises 4 x 12
Alternate Set F -
11. Push-Ups (feet on floor, hands on DB) 4 x 12
12. Cable Pulls 4 x 12 per side

20 min in 39x18 @ 100 rpm

Stretch 23 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality:

Mood/Aggression: Attitude changed. Now working on the circumstances.

Energy: Amazing energy - could be from the huge meal I had just after 0000 this morning.

Mental Clarity and Focus: On what is IMPORTANT.

Stress: The stress is still there. However, the last week (yes, even with the pain) has allowed me not to focus on it so much. My head is clearer. My mind is more peaceful - something very rare for me. My spirit is refreshed - I think this has the most to do with it.

Joints: There is NO pain in my left wrist at all today! So unexpected, but welcome!

Endurance: Awesome!

Strength: This session every week is never going to be about strength.

Pump: Didn't appear until I started on Alternate Set C.

Vascularity: Very apparent throughout training. AND afterwards.

Quality of Training: HIIT was great. Sprints were fast and explosive. Doing less means I am able to use the rest of the 20 minutes to "recover" . . . Resistance training was the longest session I have done since last September - didn't feel that long, though. There were a few things that bothered me throughout it, but at the same time I was just happy to be in the gym training . . . Rollers afterwards was for recovery as well . . .

Recovery: My body actually seems to deal BETTER with training when it lasts two hours or more all in one block - it has to be the endurance aspect of it, something I am finding essential for my blood!

Body Composition and Look: My pants were fitting looser today - closer to how they used to be, which is positive . . . There are new burn marks on my stomach from the wheatie that has perpetually been on it when I haven't been training over the last few days - time for Flawless: IDRT to work its magic . . .

Other Notes: Every time I read The Purpose Driven Life I am hit with a new revelation. Today, as I was going through Chapter 6: Life Is a Temporary Assignment it hit me why I have never really felt like I belong anywhere, why there has never been a place I have really felt in my heart to call home. Sure, New Zealand is "home", but there has never been anywhere that I have called HOME. There is one place that I would possibly consider settling in if I ever had to, but I have always been a nomad with wandering feet, never able to or wanting to stay in any one place for very long before moving onto the next. Makes some sense now.