The Female Terminator Chronicles: REVOLUTION (2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Female Terminator Chronicles_Log Header.jpg

This is my 2010 Training/Supplementation Journal.

For those of you that have followed my previous log/s no introduction necessary, as you will be familiar with who I am, how I train, etc. However, for those who have just joined this swift, reaching for the stars train...

This post will also serve as a "reference" post for all factors noted here.

INTRODUCTION

Name: Rosie.
Sex: Female.

BODY STATISTICS

Height: 156.6cm (i.e. 5'1.8")
Body Type: Meso-endo.

Weight and body composition changes will be noted where relevant.

GOALS

I have decided to compete with the INBF/WNBF this year, with my first competition in April.

Understandably, my goals will change over the course of the year.

DIET

I generally use a calorie/CHO cycling method, but no specific diet as such, as I listen to my body. Therefore macronutrient ratios and amount of calories (anywhere from 1800 to 4000+ cal/day) change on a day-to-day basis...I drink 1-2 galleons of water a day, and the only other liquid that I consume re drinks is herbal tea.

SUPPLEMENTS

My supplement use changes to suit my goals and needs.

My STAPLES are -

Antioxidant
* Bio-Mend: 2 caps post-breakfast.

Creatine
* NeoVar Recomped: 2 caps 30-40 min pre-gym, 2 caps immediately post-gym, and 4 caps pre-bed (resistance training days); and 2 caps 15-20 min pre-breakfast, 2 caps 15-20 min pre-lunch, and 4 caps pre-bed (non-resistance training days).

Protein/BCAAs
* BC+EAA: 10.5g twice daily.
* MyoFusion: 1 scoop once daily.

Joints
* OsteoSport: 4 caps first thing.

Recovery/Sleep
* IGF-2: 2 caps first thing, 2 caps 30-40 min pre-gym, and 2 caps pre-bed (resistance training days); and 3 caps first thing and 3 caps pre-bed (non-resistance training days).
* Lipotrophin-PM: 2 caps pre-bed.

Preworkout
* RPM: 2 caps first thing.

TRAINING

This is MAINTENANCE -

Day 1: HIIT Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min + Shoulders

Day 2: 20-40 min Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min + Hamstrings/Abs

Day 3: HIIT Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min + Arms

Day 4: 20-40 min Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min + Full-Body

Day 5: HIIT Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min + Back/Chest

Day 6: HIT Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min

I have ONE Day OFF ALL training per week, and take it whenever my body requires it. Once taken I continue the days consecutively.

DAILY COMMENTS

Comments re effects will vary slightly during different periods of the year, depending on the supplements and products that I am using.

MY PHILOSOPHY

This is how I approach life and everything that I do.

Rosie's Philosophy_My Definition Of A Champion.jpg

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Next 4 Weeks (January)

Goal

Due to circumstances since I have been in the US I was not able to train as I would normally for some time, thus gaining bodyfat and decreasing my athletic performance. Therefore my current goal is to get back to 8% bodyfat. I also want to build my speed endurance back up, as well as improve my strength, so that I am in the best athletic conditioning of my life, and just keep getting better once I have accomplished my body composition goal.

The next 4 weeks will also serve as preparation for my competition preparation.

Diet

For the FIRST time in attempting to lean up and totally AGAINST my usual whatever whenever and just train hard to make up for it, I will be following a "cutting diet" as closely as possible to this over the next 4 weeks -

* Total calories: 1200-1300 cal/day
* Protein: 150-160g/day (53-55% total daily energy intake)
* Carbohydrates: 60-80g/day (17-20% total daily energy intake)
* Fat: 30-40g/day (27-30% total daily energy intake)
* One day a week where I will eat as I NORMALLY would (~4500 calories) ? As long as at least 120g of protein is consumed this day other macros can be whatever (usually VERY high carbohydrates, ~400g)
* 5 meals daily (labeled M1, M2,.) 2.5-3 hours apart

Supplements

I am only going to be using my STAPLES* until it is time for competition preparation.

*Note: I am currently out of OsteoSport and IGF-2, but will be using them again once I get some more in the next week.

Training

Gradually 3 pm/pre-bed cardio sessions will be added to MAINTENANCE, on Days 1, 3, and 5, with ~20 minutes of post-weights cardio on any given day if I feel like it after resistance training.

Daily Comments

Sleep - Time and Quality
Mental Alertness/Focus
Energy
Motivation
Mood/Aggression
Stress
Libido
Endurance
Strength
Quality of Training
Pump and Vascularity
Muscle Hardness/Density
Body Composition and Look
Appetite
Overall Sense of Feeling​

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 1

This is this week's Day OFF...Not that it matters; been doing other active, pleasurable exercise ;)

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~0030-0704 (waking at 0219 and 0315), so ~6.5 hours sleep. I seem to be falling into this pattern re sleep, sleeping deeply for ~6.5 hours (a bit longer than my usual 4-5 hours), waking several times during the night, dreaming so vividly they could be real...

Mental Alertness/Focus: There all day.

Energy: Endless.

Motivation: I have all the incentive in the world and I am using it to my advantage!

Mood/Aggression: Absolutely FANTASTIC!

Stress: High.

Libido: The highest that it's ever been so far!!!

Endurance: N/A.

Strength: N/A.

Quality of Training: N/A.

Pump and Vascularity: Actually have had pumps in legs most of the day...Vascularity is reasonably high...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Legs, shoulders, and arms.

Body Composition and Look: Starting off the year at 118.8lb...Upper midsection and obliques are coming back out more...Going to be back to my usual self in no time at all...

Appetite: It's hard "dieting", but it's just another challenge (I have a binge eating disorder, and have had for as long as I can remember) that I WILL CONQUER!

Overall Sense of Feeling: Positive. 2010 is going to be MY year!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
In to fight the fight with you!

Sucess is ours!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In to fight the fight with you!

Sucess is ours!
Glad to have you there!

Yes, it is!

Looking forward to finally getting to the Arnold this year!!!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 2

0959 - Spin Bike
40 min @ 42.2 km/hr

1045 - Full-Body (1 min recovery between sets/supersets):
1. BB Romanian Deadlift (on box, BB to feet) 2 x 20
2. Wide-Grip Lat Pull-Down (in squat position, thighs parallel to floor) 2 x 20
3. Push-Ups (feet on floor, hands on DB) 2 x 20
Superset A -
4. BB Military Press 2 x 10
5. DB Lateral Raises 2 x 10
Superset B -
6. Dips 2 x 10
7. Push-Ups (feet on floor, hands on DB under chest) 2 x 10
Superset C -
8. EZ-Bar Bicep Curls 2 x 10
9. DB Zottoman Curls 2 x 10
Superset D -
10. V-Bar Weighted Cable Crunch 2 x 10
11. DB Weighted Crunch (on bench, legs at 90 degrees, knees fully extended) 2 x 10
Superset E -
12. Hanging Straight-Leg Raises (on Dips bar) 2 x 10
13. DB Weighted Crunch (on bench, legs at 90 degrees, knees fully extended) 2 x 10
Triset -
14. Ab Vacuums (on bench) 1 x 10
15. Deadbug (on bench, crunch up hands to feet) 1 x 10
16. Plank (on bench) x 1 min

1221 - Stretch 20 min.

QUOTE OF THE DAY: "Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. IMPOSSIBLE is nothing. How are you going to live your life?" - U.S. Army

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~0230-0730, so ~5 hours sleep. Deep. Dreaming...

Mental Alertness/Focus: There. Once had RPM...To be honest, I rarely start training within 60-90 minutes of waking and getting up these days and my dose of RPM is more to wake me up and get me going for the day as opposed to being pre-training. I don't mind, though...

Energy: Until now RPM was the only preworkout product that gave me the smooth energy and kick to get through my training sessions as I wanted. Until now NOTHING else (except Anadraulic State and that has carbohydrates in it, explaining that) came close, and every time I used another preworkout product I had to dose RPM as well to get any effects. But now I have found the magic that puts me on full alert and explodes my energy!

Motivation: I have BIG dreams for 2010!

Mood/Aggression: GREAT mood.

Stress: High, but sometimes I can almost leave it in the background.

Libido: Not as high as yesterday, but still up there.

Endurance: Excellent.

Strength: Full-Body sessions are NOT about strength, but weights were challenging enough for what I was doing.

Quality of Training: Spin Bike was excellent. Legs used to cycling again now, which is good (running and cycling are the two modes of cardio that I lose bodyfat fastest with). Got soooo sweaty, far more than normal; but feeling great...Resistance training was top stuff. When I looked in the mirror I couldn't believe how pale my face was from the effort (after being so flushed from the cycling), my lips purple!

Pump and Vascularity: Pump was all over today, getting harder and painful as I started on the Arms' supersets...Vascularity on the Spin Bike was ridiculous, but faded a little during resistance training...

Body Composition and Look: Feeling tighter, and seeing it a little in hamstrings. Lower legs still look the best. Delts and arms starting to catch up.

Appetite: Been able to control myself; which is good. Just got to keep reminding myself one day at a time, and not to be so rigid (an all or nothing personality can be a curse as well as a blessing)...Guzzling down the water...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Well, my patterns since I've been in the US have changed. They've settled down, not without protest from my mind - who wants to be getting up at 0315, starting training at 0430, and going to bed between 2030-2130, as I did in NZ - to getting up between 0630-0800, starting training between 0800-1000, and going to bed between 2300-0000. As long as I get my training done, all my meals in and accomplish everything I want and need to on any given day, then I guess that's fine.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Keep up the good work Rosie this is your year to go on stage you can make it happen!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
RPN Skincare Regimen

Starting today, I am going to be using the following skincare regimen - recommended by Matt – after my shower pre-bed daily:
1. Wash body and face with Java Lather.
2. Follow up with Banish.
3. Dry self completely.
4. Apply Majestic Mineral Mudd to face and let it dry before rinsing clean.
5. Apply Flawless (reformulated) over face, massaging in for 45 seconds. (Note that the original Flawless I will apply to lower back, hips, glutes, and thighs).

I am familiar with each product, already using them, but not like this specifically; and I have not yet used the reformulated Flawless, which would be useful in decreasing or removing the wrinkles that have appeared around my eyes over the last year.

Any changes will be noted where relevant.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Initial Thoughts - RPN Skincare Regimen

So, just finished the first time through.

I usually use both Java Lather and Banish, so there was no difference there. I LOVE the coffee smell of the Java Lather (even though I can't stand coffee, LOL), and it always leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth.

Until now I have been using Majestic Mineral Mudd only once a week. My face usually feels softer and refreshed (from the peppermint) afterwards, and this time was no different. It will be interesting to see how my skin feels using it on a DAILY basis.

My first time using the reformulated Flawless, Flawless Skin Couture Intensive Dermal Restoration Therapy. It began to burn after a few seconds, much like Eviscerate does when put on the face; but it did not last long, less than a minute once applied. I will primarily noting effects from the use of this product.

Flawless Stretchmark and Scar Treatment Cream I applied, as usual, to lower back, glutes, hips, and thighs. Everywhere else I use Bobu Shimmering Exotic Body Butter, which makes my skin feel even softer.

All in all RPN has some great skincare products. Because I have sensitive skin it is often hard to find products that do not cause a reaction of some sort, and since I started using Java Lather and Banish early 2009 I have not used much else since. When you find a product that works perfectly for you and your skin you stick with it! I have since gone on to try the rest of the skincare range and love every product.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 3

I decided to do Day 6 today, skipping Day 5 completely; which is fine, since I have already done 3 x HIIT sessions this week, and Back/Chest are areas that don't need too much focus. That aside, I want to be fresh and able to up the intensity in my Shoulders' session tomorrow, which I might not be able to do as I want if I work them three days in a row...Oh, the beauty of knowing your body and how to manipulate and adjust your training schedule/sessions when necessary...

1017 - HIT (1 min recovery between rounds):
4 rounds of -
1. Skip 1 min
2. Box - Straight Punches 1 min
3. Skip 1 min
4. Box - Uppercuts 1 min
5. Skip 1 min
6. Box - Hooks 1 min
7. Skip 1 min
8. Box - Pitter-patter 1 min
9. Skip 1 min
10. Plank 1 min

1108 - Stretch 28 min.

QUOTE OF THE DAY: "It's not about what you've got; it's about what you DO with what you've got." - Andie West, Step Up 2: The Streets

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~0000-0657 (waking at 0315), so nearly 7 hours sleep. Definitely needed it after resistance session yesterday. Sleep deep. Dreaming (it is rare for me NOT to dream)...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Definitely there.

Energy: Didn't use anything pre-training and noticed a difference (see notes below on training)...Noticing the lack in energy afterwards. Going to be a lazy day the rest of today...

Motivation: "Nobody really knows what they are capable of until they try." - Helgin, Second Sons Trilogy Book III: Lord of the Shadows

Mood/Aggression: Mood fine.

Stress: Sometimes it can't be ignored.

Libido: Sure thing.

Endurance: Ok.

Quality of Training: First round was good. Second round was ok. Started feeling myself falter during the third round. Definitely need to build my boxing endurance back up again. Fourth round saw punches with not as much power in them...Time passed quickly, though, and it definitely did NOT feel like 45 minutes...

Pump and Vascularity: Pump in legs - especially calves - and shoulders...Vascularity ok...

Body Composition and Look: Noticing the drop in water weight, down to 117.2 lb...My right side is not as lean as my left, making me more determined than ever to get as lean as possible so that there is NO difference!

Appetite: I have ~16 weeks before my first competition, so these next 4 weeks are CRUCIAL in allowing me to learn some control (I would rather thrash my body into the ground and be near collapsing after ever training session than DIET to get the same results, but I want to be able to have the same discipline with my nutrition as I do with my training!)

Overall Sense of Feeling: I AM going to make this year work for me! Setting the foundations now for success. We all start somewhere, each journey beginning with a single step. This is mine, step by step, day by day...There will be no breaks until the end of April...

Supplements

I have decided, since I am out of IGF-2 - and was using it for 8 weeks before running out, that - that from tomorrow I will use Bulletproof (I've had a tub sitting here for a while) - instead of starting IGF-2 again when I get more - over the next 4 weeks, and get back on IGF-2 in February. I will be dosing Bulletproof at 1 scoop pre-bed on resistance training days (i.e. 5 days on, 2 days off).

Have also been using 3g of Vitamin C daily (1g first thing, 1g with dinner, and 1g pre-bed) since my really bad sore throat last week, and will keep on doing this until the end of winter.​

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 4 - Day 1 of Bulletproof

1310 - HIIT Skip:
a. 4 min skip
b. 32 x 20 sec effort/10 sec rest
c. 1 x 1 min effort
d. 4 min skip

1338 - Stretch 25 min.

1403 - Shoulders (1 min recovery between sets):
1. BB Military Press 8 x 15, 15, 12, 12, 12, 12, 10, 10
2. Seated DB Shoulder Press 4 x 6
3. Lateral Raises 4 x 15
4. Bent Over Rear Raises 4 x 12

1450 - Gazelle 20 min.

QUOTE OF THE DAY: "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~0045-1039 (waking at 0713), so nearly 10 hours sleep. Was quite awake last night, passing out at the start of a movie on the couch. Slept for some time longer than have been lately; training yesterday took more out of me than I realized...

Mental Alertness/Focus: I am not falling asleep during the day like I used to. Interesting. But good.

Energy: No preworkout products today and I was fine.

Motivation: "Learn from the past, don’t live in the past." - John Wooden

Mood/Aggression: Smiles.

Libido: Being married makes a lot of difference, LOL.

Strength: Good.

Quality of Training: HIIT Skip was great. Lateral delts burning during efforts...Resistance training was good. Pushed myself and finished pleased...Post-weights Gazelle serves as 'pm cardio', since trained so much later today...

Recovery: The boxing from my HIT yesterday took something out of me. I feel it in my back mostly. Also from the need for longer sleep. Definitely want to increase my boxing endurance again.

Pump and Vascularity: Pump started during HIIT, in both calves and delts. Increased hard in anterior delts from second set of BB Military Press, becoming painful after the sixth set...Vascularity was great...

Body Composition and Look: Small changes.

Appetite: After last night I am fine.

Overall Sense of Feeling: Being a perfectionist can be a good thing AND a bad thing. I'm still learning where I can be less rigid and not beat myself up over every tiny little thing that I see as weakness.

RPN Notes: When I do cardio the next morning the Flawless on my face burns a little, but not as much nor as uncomfortable as having Beta-Alanine tingles.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in for 2010 as well:D

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 5

This week's Day OFF...

QUOTE OF THE DAY: "When life throws you something unexpected, as Gary Burtea said (Remember the Titans), 'you just have to pick it up and run with it'. See where it will take you. And 'when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end' (Twilight, Stephanie Meyer). So, live life with hope and find fulfilment and don't look back with regret at what you HAVE done. Move FORWARD and accept all challenges as something that could change your life in ways that you could never imagine or expect. Because sometimes the things we are most apprehensive about are what will give us the greatest pleasure!" - Rosie Chee

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~0030-0730 (waking at 0237), so nearly 7 hours sleep. Drifting in and out of sleep, restless, broken. Dreaming...

Mental Alertness/Focus: There.

Energy: Fine.

Motivation: Finding out that the first competition I had planned on entering has been changed to a week EARLIER induces enough motivation to make sure that I make as few mistakes as possible from now on...

Mood/Aggression: Getting more and more pissed off and aggressive as the afternoon continued...

Libido: Done for the day.

Recovery: Fine.

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity not that visible...

Body Composition and Look: Heavier, but tighter at the same time.

Appetite: Torn between not wanting to eat but wanting to stuff my face (and being good).

Overall Sense of Feeling: STORMCLOUDS.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 6

0956 - Spin Bike:
40 min @ 40.8 km/hr

1042 - Hamstrings/Abs (1 min recovery between supersets):
Superset A -
1. BB Romanian Deadlifts (on box) 5 x 10
2. Lying leg Curls 5 x 10
Superset B -
3. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts (to floor) 5 x 10
4. BB Good Mornings 5 x 10
Superset C -
5. Rope Crunch 5 x 10
6. Weighted Crunch (hips at 90 degrees, legs fully extended) 5 x 10

1130 - Spin Bike:
20 min @ 37.92 km/hr

1237 - Stretch 20 min.

QUOTE OF THE DAY: "Big things have small beginnings." – Mr Dryden, Laurence of Arabia

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~0100-0758 (waking at 0325, 0619, and 0724), so ~6.75 hours sleep. Broken; kept waking on and off, more times than could remember. Dreaming...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Was getting quite lightheaded and dizzy in the gym, especially during resistance training...Once eaten post-training better, but not really in the mood to be thinking much. More in the mood to be creative; got to work more on my writing...

Energy: Good re pre-resistance training Spin Bike...Waning during resistance session, breathing quite heavily and deeply after several supersets...A bit slower, more for 'recovery' was post-weights cardio...Definitely glad not have to do pm cardio tonight...

Motivation: I know what I want and that my competition want it as much as I do...

Mood/Aggression: Mood pretty good after training...

Libido: Maybe later, if I am not too exhausted...

Strength: Moving on up with my BB Romanian Deadlift weight again.

Quality of Training: All training was pretty good, despite how felt during resistance session. Started sweating lots ~20 minutes into my pre-resistance cardio, the Eviscerate on midsection and lower back burning and continuing to burn even in post-training shower.

Recovery: Feel quite shattered, but tomorrow will be the telling.

Pump and Vascularity: Pump in legs and definitely in hamstrings after Lying Leg Curls...Vascularity started seeing high lines towards end of pre-resistance cardio and knots during resistance training...

Body Composition and Look: Getting there...

Appetite: It seems like everyone in my house is determined to tempt me and deter me from my goals. I will NOT let them!

Overall Sense of Feeling: The next few weeks are going to be CRUCIAL.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 7

1023 - HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy
c. 12 min jogging

1044 - Stretch 10 min.

1059 - Arms (1 min recovery between supersets):
Superset A -
1. Close-Grip Pull-Ups 6 x 16, 13, 11, 9, 7, 6
2. Dips 6 x 10
Superset B -
3. EZ-Bar Bicep Curls 6 x 10, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8
4. Push-Ups (feet on floor, hands on DB under Chest) 6 x 8
Superset C -
5. Incline DB Bicep Curls 4 x 8
6. DB French Press 4 x 6

1157 - Spin Bike:
20 min @ 93-95 rpm

1535 - Gazelle 20 min.

1600 - Stretch 10 min.

QUOTE OF THE DAY: "It's never too late to become what you could have been." - GoFigure

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~0200-0820 (waking at 0624), so ~6 hours sleep. Took FOREVER to get to sleep last night. Dosed Bulletproof at 2122 and went to bed ~30 minutes later. Started waking up and was bouncing around with energy. At ~0100 I was banging my head against the pillow, trying to tire myself out so that I could sleep. Eventually drifted off, but woke several times from nightmares...Woke refreshed...

Mental Alertness/Focus: There...

Energy: Definitely lagging. Absolutely shattered and not really wanting to do post-weights cardio, but forced the issue because I have to...Starting to get more energy pm...

Motivation: "The best is competing against the best and beating them." – Torrence, Bring It On

Mood/Aggression: Mood fine...

Stress: Higher than high.

Libido: All this extra exercise is something new and had better be good at increasing my energy expenditure for leaning!

Strength: Picking up.

Quality of Training: HIIT Run took a LOT out of me. Went so fast and furious the first few efforts that I had pains in my chest and was almost collapsing by the last effort. Left it at one set of efforts, since they were so extreme...Resistance training was ok; felt like I was moving very SLOW (and I was). For some reason I started getting really angry and aggressive during Superset B and just got more and more pissed off as I went on. By the time I started on Superset C I did NOT want to be training...Did post-weights cardio, because I have to (it makes a difference re fat loss for me). Exhausted, the robot took over after ~8 minutes...

Recovery: Hamstrings are fine after yesterday.

Pump and Vascularity: Pump strong in arms...Vascularity also strong...

Body Composition and Look: I have noticed that post-weights cardio, as well as eating ALL solid meals (I have only had ONE protein shake over the last 4 days, and that was today), makes a HUGE difference re fat loss and seems to be more effective for me...

Appetite: I want to stuff my face with food...But I'm not...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Definitely feeling more positive re progress. I CAN do this. This year is the year for the BEST of everything...So far...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 8

1013 - Gazelle 40 min.

1100 - Full-Body (1 min recovery between sets/supersets):
1. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts 2 x 20
2. Lat Pull-Downs (in squat position) 2 x 20
3. Push-Ups (feet on floor, hands on DB) 2 x 20
Superset A -
4. BB Military Press 2 x 10
5. Lateral Raises 2 x 10
Superset B -
6. Dips 2 x 10
7. Incline Dips 2 x 10
Superset C -
8. EZ-Bar Bicep Curls 2 x 20
9. Plank 2 x 1 min
Superset D -
10. Crunches (hips at 90 degrees, legs fully extended, hands to touch feet at top of crunch) 2 x 40
11. Deadbugs (hands to touch feet at top) 2 x 10

1138 - Gazelle 20 min.

1203 - Stretch 20 min.

QUOTE OF THE DAY: "A man must always have a dream unfulfilled. What could be worse than to achieve everything one has ever dreamed of? What would one do then?" - Varsava, The First Chronicles of Druss The Legend (David Gemmell)

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~0100-0629 (waking at 0520), so nearly 5.5 hours sleep. Again, took a little while to GET to sleep, but once there sleep deep. Woke from another nightmare...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Here and there...

Energy: Took a scoop of Muscle Pharm's Assault an hour before I started resistance training today. Was a little lightheaded, as I have been, managing to find energy...Shattered post-training, and have nothing come pm...

Motivation: I'm sick of people telling me that I can't achieve my dreams. Well fcuk them! I can and I WILL!!!

Mood/Aggression: Good.

Stress: I can almost feel my heart bursting out of my chest and my head about to explode from the pressure.

Libido: WOW! Back to being high as high!

Quality of Training: Pre-weights Gazelle was fine. NOT the best mode for longer cardio sessions, though, as feet constantly moving...Resistance session good. Just pushing myself through...Post-weights cardio forcing it because I know I HAVE to...

Recovery: I feel shattered, but more because I need a HIGH CARBOHYDRATE day than anything...Used a scoop of Muscle Pharm's Recon after finishing post-weights cardio to help with...

Pump and Vascularity: Pump fine in most of body...Vascularity little knots...

Body Composition and Look: Feel and LOOK tighter than I have been (the post-weights cardio and solid meals have been making a noticeable difference)...Hamstrings starting to return to their normal smooth state (finally; Eviscerate is a small miracle worker)...

Appetite: A high carbohydrate day today (but from clean food)...

Overall Sense of Feeling: I keep going like this and I'll definitely be ready by the time I want to be...Working on putting all the stepping stones in place...In ALL areas...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Nobody can tell you that you can't..only you determine that!!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nobody can tell you that you can't..only you determine that!!
Thank you! The more someone tells me that I "can't" (because they don't think I can or that I shouldn't) the more I am determined to DO it. "Can't" is NOT a word in my vocabulary. Never has been. Never will be.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, Rosie!:D loving your definition of a champion!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
a new year, and a new burning fire. I'm in and amped Rosie...tear it up!

bigrewards

Awards
Enjoyed finding your log and I will continue to follow your progress. Have a great year.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 9

0916 - HIIT Skip:
a. 4 min skip
b. 24 x 20 sec effort/20 sec easy
c. 1 x 1 min effort
d. 1 min skip

0940 - Stretch 10 min.

1002 - Back/Chest (1 min recovery between supersets):
Superset A -
1. Close-Grip Pull-Ups 4 x 10, 7, 6, 6
2. Push-Ups (feet on floor, hands on DB) 4 x 10
Superset B -
3. BB Bent Over Row 4 x 10
4. Flat BB Bench Press 4 x 10
Superset C -
5. Lat Pull-Down (in squat position) 4 x 10
6. Incline BB Bench Press 4 x 10

1044 - Gazelle 20 min.

1108 - Stretch 16 min.

1603 - Gazelle 20 min.

QUOTE OF THE DAY: "Pain is only what you allow it to be." - Valentine, The Mortal Instruments Book Two: City of Ashes (Cassandra Clare)

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~0100-0719, so ~6.25 hours sleep. Dosed Bulletproof at 2109 last night and it took quite some time to get to sleep. However, it was the best sleep I've had over the last week and since starting Bulletproof, unbroken and deep. No nightmares...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Definitely there. Finished what I have been working on. Now to set in motion the achievement of the dream I've had ever since forever...

Energy: Used a scoop of Refreshing Orange SuperPump250 20 minutes before starting HIIT; feeling the way I did it was what got me through my training today...Felt better afterwards, although a little on the lightheaded side whenever I stand...

Motivation: "Success belongs to those too small to carry what they believe in, but too stubborn to leave it behind." - The Word for Today (Bob & Debbie Gas)

Mood/Aggression: Pretty damn good!

Stress: There, driving a little bit of need for release, and positive notes trying to combat it.

Libido: This can be so much FUN, LOL ;)

Strength: It's all about pushing limits.

Quality of Training: HIIT was good. Efforts left my heart racing, grateful for the rest periods...Resistance training felt slow, much like yesterday, but wanting to be doing it, pushing for more, breathless...Gazelle post-weights seemed to take forever, but was good in stretching hamstrings out...

Recovery: Feeling some DOMS in hamstrings. Aside from that, doing pretty well...

Pump and Vascularity: Pump through chest...Vascularity as normal when I get heated and don't use a fan to cool down my training area...

Body Composition and Look: I'm definitely going to get where I want when I want!

Appetite: It has now been the longest that I have been since in the US withOUT binging; this is more of an achievement than getting to 8% bodyfat (so very proud of myself)...

Overall Sense of Feeling: I finished the last of my NeoVar Recomped on Tuesday. The last 4 days I've been using preworkout/creatine product samples I have. Noticing the difference in not dosing NeoVar Recomped pre-bed. Enjoying using the different product samples - Green MAGnitude, Assault, SuperPump250 - of products that I have used before. Looking forward to trying a couple of new samples - different flavours of Ragnarok - over the next couple of days. After that I should have some more NeoVar Recomped.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Been pretty busy! Went home for the holidays and now I'm having to get back into the roll of life.
It's good to have time out every now and then. Helps with motivation and wanting to be back into the swing of things.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Supplement Changes

Adding in for the duration of a bottle of each, courtesy of Millennium Sport Technologies:
* Shred Ultra - first thing and early afternoon (Week 1 - 3/1, Week 2 - 3/2, Week 3+ - 3/3).
* Cordygen5 - 3 caps first thing.

I have also run out of Bio-Mend, Lipotrophin-PM, and NeoVar Recomped and been without them for about a week. I will start reusing them again when I get some more, which should be next week.

Also have decided to go for a little longer without OsteoSport, as my wrists have been better.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
i'm overly excited to see how the Shred Ultra/Cordy 5 treats you.

Im also interested to see how you do without Osteo. I know that I stopped using it about a month ago and my knee issues are just as present as they were before I started using it. While I was taking it....no problems.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i'm overly excited to see how the Shred Ultra/Cordy 5 treats you.

Im also interested to see how you do without Osteo. I know that I stopped using it about a month ago and my knee issues are just as present as they were before I started using it. While I was taking it....no problems.
Yes...Yeah, I've been without OsteoSport for nearly a month now, and my wrists have actually been gradually getting better and less painful when I lift over that time (not sure if there is any correlation there though).

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 10 - Day 1 of Shred Ultra/Cordygen5, Day 7 of Bulletproof

1107 - HIT (no recovery between rounds):
2 rounds of -
1. Skip 1 min
2. Box - Straight Punches 1 min
3. Skip 1 min
4. Box - Uppercuts 1 min
5. Skip 1 min
6. Box - Hooks 1 min
7. Skip 1 min
8. Box - Pitter-patter 1 min
9. Skip 1 min
10. Plank 1 min

1131 - Stretch 30 min.

QUOTE OF THE DAY: "It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~0000-0726, so nearly 7.5 hours sleep. Woke sore with DOMS, but sleep was deep and refreshing and was alert on waking...

Mental Alertness/Focus: I have done a LOT today!

Energy: Pretty damn good. I could definitely have kept going and made HIT longer, but decided that shorter would let me recover more for next week.

Motivation: This last week has been PERFECT re diet, training and recovery! Results have been AWESOME! I'm determined to keep them coming!

Mood/Aggression: Smiling...

Stress: Only in two areas now; trying to make it manageable.

Libido: Hell yeah, baby!

Quality of Training: HIT was great. Didn't give myself any recovery time between rounds; it was necessary, especially since I only did two rounds. Heart was racing throughout, but managed boxing minutes better than last week...

Recovery: Little bit of DOMS from training over the last week.

Pump and Vascularity: Pump in shoulders and calves...Vascularity high...

Body Composition and Look: 116.6lb at 10.9% bodyfat.

Appetite: Just breathing in the smell of the food that I used to crave so badly is enough for me at the moment...One week of complete discipline with my diet and I am determined to keep going strong!

Overall Sense of Feeling: It's just a waiting game now...

RPN Notes: Been following Matt's skincare regimen for a week now. Flawless Skin Couture Intensive Dermal Restoration Therapy leaves my face feeling clean and refreshed. The amount of lines around my eyes when I smile I have noticed a small reduction in.

MST Notes: Used a sample of NitroCeps first thing with my dose of Cordygen5 and first dose of Shred Ultra...Also used a sample of MycoGreen post-breakfast and will use another post-dinner...Although a single day's usage of both products is unlikely to see effects, they have been good in filling in for my usual staples that I am currently without...Also going to use a sample of SOMNIDREN pre-bed, since it is one of this week's day OFF using Bulletproof...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Keep going strong!
You too! Doing something with someone can help make things easier re motivation and support. Looking forward to meeting you at the Arnold!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I can't wait! I need to work on motivation, life is getting me down. Having someone on the same page definitly helps. Though Matt and I are not the same with regards to dietso he is little help there!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't wait! I need to work on motivation, life is getting me down. Having someone on the same page definitly helps. Though Matt and I are not the same with regards to dietso he is little help there!
Definitely. It's not often I have that support and someone wanting the same thing as me (usually I have everyone telling me "don't do that; you look fine as you are; you don't want to get too skinny" and trying to ply me with food or deter me from training because they don't think that I should be what I want to be. Well FCUK them; it's NOT about them; I don't need to make anyone happy re my body but MYSELF!)

Sean is far from being the same as I re diet. The last week has been him eating constant cheat food in front of me and driving me nuts!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah I haer you, just this weekend alone Matts went with Wendys, coldstone ice cream and pizza..Sigh

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Definitely. It's not often I have that support and someone wanting the same thing as me (usually I have everyone telling me "don't do that; you look fine as you are; you don't want to get too skinny" and trying to ply me with food or deter me from training because they don't think that I should be what I want to be. Well FCUK them; it's NOT about them; I don't need to make anyone happy re my body but MYSELF!)

Sean is far from being the same as I re diet. The last week has been him eating constant cheat food in front of me and driving me nuts!
Yeah I haer you, just this weekend alone Matts went with Wendys, coldstone ice cream and pizza..Sigh
wendys and cold stone are cheat foods? :006:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL. Usually it would be ME pushing for all the cheat food, given that usually I eat what I want when I want and just train harder to make up for it. But not this time. And all the pizza, chocolate cake, chips, and carbs (I am a serious carb addict) are so tempting. It's hell resisting, but I know that if I give in it will not be a day, but turn into a week or more of binging and I do NOT want that happening. Hoping that once I get through 3 weeks of being good the cravings and longings will pass. I want to conquer this weakness of mine once and for all!

wendys and cold stone are cheat foods? :006:
You'd be surprised what one can class as "cheat food" :D

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 11

This week's Day OFF...Letting myself recover and prepare for the rest of the week...

QUOTE OF THE DAY: "The moving finger writes; and having writ Moves on: nor all thy Piety and Wit shall lure it back to cancel half a Line, Nor all thy tears wash out a word of it." - Edward Fitzgerald

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~0100-0400, so ~3 hours sleep...Dosed SOMNIDREN last night. It tasted like Berocca, as the Refreshing Orange SuperPump250 does, but not as strong. Face, arms, and legs tingled for ~2 hours after dosing, almost like Beta-Alanine tingles. It took me ~3 hours to get to sleep. But once asleep I was OUT...Woke to the slightest sound and was not able to get back to sleep. Didn't have any energy or desire to get up that early (when I used to be up earlier than that every day!), lying in bed until 0639 before dragging myself up. No dreams last night...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Restless...

Energy: On waking I felt absolutely shattered. Dead. NOT wanting to move or do anything. Once I'd been up for ~10 minutes (after 'first thing' supplement doses) I felt like I'd been given a surge of energy and wanted to train. However, decided against it, decided to use today as a rest day (even though as the day continues my body wants to train; NOT training is almost as hard as dieting)...

Motivation: This last week has been PERFECT re diet, training and recovery! Results have been AWESOME! I'm determined to keep them coming!

Mood/Aggression: Good.

Stress: It rises and I try to combat it.

Libido: Like an animal in heat (sigh)...

Recovery: No DOMS, but was shattered on waking.

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity normal...

Body Composition and Look: 115.6lb. Looking and feeling a lot tighter. Amazing how much a single PERFECT week can make re results!

Appetite: Although I am not sure how I am going to do it, I am using today as a HIGH carbohydrate day, since I started fading badly towards the end of last week, which was not good considering the training I was - and want to be - doing. Any solid food after breakfast the last few days has been an effort, almost choking it down and seeming to get 'stuck' in my throat, causing VERY unpleasant sensations; any protein shakes just leaving me feeling full of air...Drinking lots, though...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Amazing the changes that can happen from the end of one week to the start of the next, even in a DAY...

RPN Notes: Right eye has noticeably less lines around it. Left eye does not have as much difference re quantity of lines, but they ARE fainter.

MST Notes: Going to be using my last sample of NitroCeps (first thing) and a sample of Ragnarok (~60 min pre-training) tomorrow.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 12

1320 - HIIT Skip:
a. 4 min skip
b. 32 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy
c. 1 x 1 min effort
d. 4 min skip

1351 - Shoulders (1 min recovery between sets):
1. BB Military Press 12 x 15, 15, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 8, 8, 8, 8
2. Lateral Raises 4 x 15
3. Bent Over Rear Raises 4 x 12

1429 - Gazelle 20 min.

1451 - Stretch 20 min.

QUOTE OF THE DAY: "Dreaming about it and doing it are two different things." - Alexandria, Dark Gold (Christine Feehan)

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~0330-1052, waking a lot on and off, so ~7 hour sleep. For some reason (must have been all those carbohydrates at dinner) I was NOT tired and SO awake far longer than I should have been, completely focused on what I was doing, the time passing too fast, getting later and later before I even realized. Made an attempt at trying to sleep at ~0300, but took me quite some time to drift off. Sleep was broken, but deep. Dreaming didn't happen...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Very there. Been formatting manuscripts most of the day (not spent training)...

Energy: Took RPM 50 minutes pre-training (along with sample of Ragnarok) instead of first thing this morning. Was energized and bouncy as during HIIT. Kept going, feeling gooooood...

Motivation: "Choice defines us. Every choice, little or big." - Agatha, A Dream of Stone and Shadow (Majorie M. Liu)

Mood/Aggression: Anxious. Apprehensive.

Stress: It cannot always be ignored, no matter how much I would like to wish it away.

Libido: Certainly.

Quality of Training: HIIT was fast and furious...Resistance training was pushing the limits, wanting to keep going further and further...Post-weights cardio is 'pm cardio', since training was so uncharacteristically late today...

Recovery: Fine.

Pump and Vascularity: Pump in lower legs and shoulders during HIIT and strong in delts during resistance training...Vascularity high...

Body Composition and Look: You wouldn't even know that last night I had more calories from carbohydrates in one meal than I had probably had in total calories over the five days prior...

Appetite: The high carbohydrate/calorie day yesterday was ENOUGH for me for the time being and glad to be back being good...Very thirsty...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Definitely needed the day off yesterday and the high carbohydrates - consumed faster than you can say 'what', that I did not notice until a couple of hours after consumption when I started feeling uncomfortable - helped today...Got my fresh supplies of Bio-Mend, Lipotrophin-PM, and NeoVar Recomped today...

MST Notes: Dosed my last sample of NitroCeps first thing...Used a sample of Ragnarok (Crushing Punch) 50 minutes pre-training. Ragnarok mixed quickly and easily and tasted pleasant. Experienced a few tingles afterwards, but not for long...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 13

1222 - Gazelle 40 min.

1306 - Hamstrings/Abs (1 min recovery between sets):
1. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts 5 x 20
2. Crunches (hips at 90 degrees, legs fully extended, hands to touch feet at top of crunch) 5 x 20
3. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts 5 x 20
4. Plank 1 x 3 min

1347 - Gazelle 20 min.

1413 - Stretch 20 min.

QUOTE OF THE DAY: "The self on show and in action at any moment depends on where I am, who I'm with, the circumstances of the situation, and my mood at any time...And yet, whatever happens, whichever me is on show, deep inside, in the secret places of my being, I also always feel the same...I have come to think of this essential, unchanging self as my soul." - Cordelia, This is all: The Pillow Book of Cordelia Kenn (Aiden Chambers)

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~0100-0317 and ~0630-1019, so just over 6 hours sleep. After being so shattered that I wanted to go to bed at ~2000 last night I resisted and stayed up, dosing pre-bed supplements at 2326. However I could NOT sleep when went to bed this morning at 0003. When I eventually did sleep it was VERY light - a lot like how it used to be - and I woke after 2.3 hours sleep. Didn't want to get up that early, knowing that I needed more sleep, but it took me over 3 hours before I could drift off again...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Great!

Energy: Like yesterday, I dosed RPM 60 minutes pre-training (along with my last sample of Ragnarok) instead of first thing this morning. Cardio passed quickly, even before I knew it was gone. Shattered after training, whilst stretching, but started becoming energized later...

Motivation: STRONG!

Mood/Aggression: Hoping...Praying...Wishing...

Stress: There, but attempting to let positivity overcome it.

Libido: HIGH AS HIGH.

Strength: Hamstrings/Abs' day is NOT about strength.

Quality of Training: All cardio done and done well...Resistance training, although lightheaded and with heart racing, was good...

Recovery: No DOMS from yesterday's training sessions.

Pump and Vascularity: Pump in legs, stretching hamstrings...Vascularity higher during cardio than resistance training...

Body Composition and Look: Fine.

Appetite: Being good...Thirsty as...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Another day. Another step.

MST Notes: Dosed my last sample of Ragnarok (Ballistic Blue Razz) 60 minutes pre-training. As with sample yesterday the Ragnarok mixed quickly and tasted like raspberries (I LIKE!), with no tingles experienced today...

rantorcha

rantorcha

Awards
  • Established
Forgive me...I'm new to your journal and I have to say, very cool journal! Chock-full of good stuff. I read the exchange between you and Crader about not getting support from your signif-other/partner/friend. I am recently divorced because of it, so I can relate. Don't let others deter you from your goals! Hang in there and know you have people like us to back you up and support you every step of the way.

I'll try to follow along...hope you don't mind. ;-)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Forgive me...I'm new to your journal and I have to say, very cool journal! Chock-full of good stuff. I read the exchange between you and Crader about not getting support from your signif-other/partner/friend. I am recently divorced because of it, so I can relate. Don't let others deter you from your goals! Hang in there and know you have people like us to back you up and support you every step of the way.

I'll try to follow along...hope you don't mind. ;-)
Hiya. Welcome to the party :) Also, welcome to the forums. If you want to know more re background, etc. please feel free to flick through my other logs.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is this a 2nd logging thread? I'm wayyyyyy too tired....?

Either way, more good stuff
This is my 2010 Training/Supplementation Journal. It is a daily journal and is far more detailed than any sponsored logs that I may do (as in them I am only commenting on the effects of the specific product I am logging). This will continue ALL year (like my 2009 Training/Supplementation Journal ran the length of 2009), even though I may do sponsored logs throughout the year as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.