The Female Terminator Chronicles: Cutting for Competition (2011)

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll have to get that book and give it a go, been hearing a lot about it lately sounds interesting> off to Amazon...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll have to get that book and give it a go, been hearing a lot about it lately sounds interesting> off to Amazon...
It's a great book, Ryan - as I said, one of my top three and one I have read over and over. I will admit that it's not for everyone, even though I believe that everyone should read it. Let me know how you find it - could make for some interesting discussion.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Purpose Has Passion

MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE OF THE DAY

"If God is going to do his deepest work in you, it will begin with this. So give it all to God: your past regrets, your present problems, your future ambitions, your fears, dreams, weaknesses, habits, hurts, and hang ups. Put Jesus Christ in the driver's seat of your life and take your hands off the steering wheel. Don't be afraid; nothing under his control can ever be out of control. Mastered by Christ, you can handle anything." - Rick Warren

TRAINING

Cardio - Run:
3 miles @ 3.5 min/km pace

Cardio - Rollers:
20 min in 39x18 @ 100 rpm

Stretch 22 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: Very broken. The first time I woke up I was so lightheaded I could barely stand up. Gradually got better the next few times I woke up, until on my final waking when I decided to get up for good, I was fine.

Mood/Aggression: I feel like I did New Year's week - relaxed and at peace. A definite rarity for me and something I want to hold onto.

Energy: If my 3-mile run is anything to go by, my energy is "wow".

Mental Focus and Clarity: My head has never been clearer.

Endurance: Speed endurance is picking up :)

Quality of Training: 3-mile run was the fastest I have ever done re pace - for ANY run distance. Whilst it may not be fast for a runner, for me it is. This week my running has improved by leaps and bounds, not just in endurance, but speed (the speed aspect could also be because I am getting lighter). I am beyond stoked about it . . . Rollers for "recovery" afterwards . . . My enjoyment for training has returned this week, to STAY :yup:

Recovery: Every time I woke I could feel my body aching from yesterday's resistance session; however, now there is no feeling from it. I completed 20 minutes on the rollers after my 3-mile run for leg recovery - I'm thinking my doing this over the last week after almost every training session has been helping immensely. Doing only one training session "block" a day this week has also helped - looks like I'm going to have to make every third week like this one (changes reflected in post #1).

Appetite: This week every other day has been HIGHER than Maintenance, which has been interesting considering that I have made the MOST progress of the last three weeks this week.

Body Composition and Look: Hit 117 pounds this morning - definitely interested in seeing what my body composition is tomorrow, since this week I have seen the most physical progress of the last three weeks.

Other Notes: All my LipoBURN will be gone tomorrow, so it will just be twice daily application of 7-KE (changes reflected in post #1) until I get some more LipoBURN.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Good book Rosie. Sounds like you're feeling awesome right now. That's great! Keep it up!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good book Rosie. Sounds like you're feeling awesome right now. That's great! Keep it up!
It sure is! It's like every time I read it my eyes are opened a little more.

Yes, I am - this week has been a HUGE turning point for me! My head is in a great place. I spent so much time taking care of everything else but my spirit that it got dusty and too downtrodden. Makes a difference refreshing and feeding it.

Hope all is well in your world as well, bud :)

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
It sure is! It's like every time I read it my eyes are opened a little more.

Yes, I am - this week has been a HUGE turning point for me! My head is in a great place. I spent so much time taking care of everything else but my spirit that it got dusty and too downtrodden. Makes a difference refreshing and feeding it.

Hope all is well in your world as well, bud :)
Thanks! I've found that my overall well being is most easily effected by my mental and spiritual condition. Make so much difference in my training!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks! I've found that my overall well being is most easily effected by my mental and spiritual condition. Make so much difference in my training!
It's never made much of a difference to my training, but I am just now realizing that it does make a difference on my mind and how well I deal with stress.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's a great book, Ryan - as I said, one of my top three and one I have read over and over. I will admit that it's not for everyone, even though I believe that everyone should read it. Let me know how you find it - could make for some interesting discussion.
What are your other 2 top books?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What are your other 2 top books?
The Last Continent by Terry Pratchett and The Black Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop. My top three books couldn't be any more different :D

I enjoy reading in general, though and devour books the way I consume food when I DO read. Going through textbooks than anything else right now. I need to start reading more again (as a kid, if I wasn't training or writing, you couldn't pry me away from my books), use it to "relax".

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Last Continent by Terry Pratchett and The Black Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop. My top three books couldn't be any more different :D

I enjoy reading in general, though and devour books the way I consume food when I DO read. Going through textbooks than anything else right now. I need to start reading more again (as a kid, if I wasn't training or writing, you couldn't pry me away from my books), use it to "relax".
Added to Amazon wishlist, thanks :D

I HATE reading in general but I am trying to pick up the habit. My problem is I associate reading too much with school but when I find an enjoyable book it is less like work and more fun. I still wouldn't say I LOVE to read but its growing on me slowly

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Added to Amazon wishlist, thanks :D

I HATE reading in general but I am trying to pick up the habit. My problem is I associate reading too much with school but when I find an enjoyable book it is less like work and more fun. I still wouldn't say I LOVE to read but its growing on me slowly
I see - it's not for everyone. I LOVE reading - my Mum taught me how to read (and write) well before I went to school and I grew up reading and loving literature. It's an escape world for me.

When I was studying the focus moved though, and reading for relaxation was not really relaxing, since I was always reading textbooks, but it came back.

You know when you have something you enjoy - you don't want to put it down until the very end. I miss all my books - I brought (or had them shipped to me) only the essential textbooks and those three top books with me when I relocated to the US.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Purpose Is Focus

"Knowing your purpose simplifies your life. It defines what you do and what you don't do. Your purpose becomes the standard you use to evaluate which activities are essential and which aren't." - Rick Warren

TRAINING

Today is this week's Day OFF. I was and are tempted to do a light rollers' session, but are leashing myself, since rest and recovery is important to progress.

Since I have made my Day Off on a Sunday over the last three weeks, it will stay like that (changes reflected in post #1). I can get through the training week, no matter how hard.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: On and off for ~10 hours. Still very broken, perpetuated by that sharp and deep inner pain. Honestly, I think the reason I slept so long (and have some of the days this week) is not because of training, but because this pain seems to take so much out of me.

Mood/Aggression: Still on the UP :)

Energy: I don't have a lot of physical energy today (after being up and down all night/morning with the pain), which is ok, since it's not a training day today.

Mental Focus and Clarity: This is clear, though. Clear, concentrated, and FOCUSED!

Stress: High as ever, but my focus has SHIFTED.

Recovery: It's not training I am "recovering" from.

Body Composition and Look: 117 pounds at 10.6% bodyfat. A 1% bodyfat loss this week - AND that's with only single daily training sessions and every other day at HIGHER than Maintenance calories! The change is definitely noticeable. I am making some progress in getting my lower body mass down (YES - airpunch!) - with a 2-cm girth loss in both my glutes and thighs (also in my waist). Deltoids and arms are looking the best ever. I am excited to see this progress and look forward to the next few weeks!

Other Notes: This week has been a TURNING POINT for me - not just with progress, but with my MIND. I have found what I have been missing. I have renewed the fire that I used to have. I have clarity. I have passion. I have focus. I am READY!

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I see - it's not for everyone. I LOVE reading - my Mum taught me how to read (and write) well before I went to school and I grew up reading and loving literature. It's an escape world for me.

When I was studying the focus moved though, and reading for relaxation was not really relaxing, since I was always reading textbooks, but it came back.

You know when you have something you enjoy - you don't want to put it down until the very end. I miss all my books - I brought (or had them shipped to me) only the essential textbooks and those three top books with me when I relocated to the US.
Couldn't agree more, exactly how I feel. It's all about imagination for me, can make it the way I see it, better than TV or a movie any day!

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Body Composition and Look: 117 pounds at 10.6% bodyfat. A 1% bodyfat loss this week - AND that's with only single daily training sessions and every other day at HIGHER than Maintenance calories! The change is definitely noticeable. I am making some progress in getting my lower body mass down (YES - airpunch!) - with a 2-cm girth loss in both my glutes and thighs (also in my waist). Deltoids and arms are looking the best ever. I am excited to see this progress and look forward to the next few weeks!

Other Notes: This week has been a TURNING POINT for me - not just with progress, but with my MIND. I have found what I have been missing. I have renewed the fire that I used to have. I have clarity. I have passion. I have focus. I am READY!
Awesome! Looks like everything is coming together for you Rosie!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Couldn't agree more, exactly how I feel. It's all about imagination for me, can make it the way I see it, better than TV or a movie any day!
:yup: When I read it's like I'm reading it's like I'm seeing a movie in my mind (for fiction anyways) :)

Awesome! Looks like everything is coming together for you Rosie!
It is :) I think the easier training week did it - my body has been shattered after the 2-a-day resistance sessions, even if they've only been 2-3 of them a week for a couple of weeks.

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott

Congrats Rosie!! this post got me really pumped!! always inspiring.
I enjoy reading very much mostly for entertainment I've stopped reading lately because I get so caught up it takes time from other things.
I've never read The Purpose Driven Life but it sounds like something I might need to pick up right now.
Keep at it Rosie!

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott

Congrats Rosie on your progress!! this post really got me!! always inspiring.
I enjoy reading very much but have had to drop it because I get so caught up I lose time for other things,
The Purpose Driven Life looks like somthing I really need to pic up right now, seems it will do me good :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats Rosie!! this post got me really pumped!! always inspiring.
I enjoy reading very much mostly for entertainment I've stopped reading lately because I get so caught up it takes time from other things.
I've never read The Purpose Driven Life but it sounds like something I might need to pick up right now.
Keep at it Rosie!
Congrats Rosie on your progress!! this post really got me!! always inspiring.
I enjoy reading very much but have had to drop it because I get so caught up I lose time for other things,
The Purpose Driven Life looks like somthing I really need to pic up right now, seems it will do me good :)
Cheers, lady - glad I can inspire you :)

It's a great book if you ever read it. It definitely change my life when I first read it, and even now, every time I read it, something jumps out at me and makes an impact!

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established

"Knowing your purpose simplifies your life. It defines what you do and what you don't do. Your purpose becomes the standard you use to evaluate which activities are essential and which aren't." - Rick Warren

TRAINING

Awesome! Glad to hear it Rosie! Nothing can stop you now.

That's the key right there for me. When I get too busy and spend too much time reading textbooks and working I forget how relaxing reading for PLEASURE can actually be. Sure it takes even more time but it's worth it in my overall mental state. I tend to alternate between fiction and nonfiction books for this reason.

I haven't read any Terry Pratchett in a long time. Good stuff though! My current favorite George R.R. Martin.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's the key right there for me. When I get too busy and spend too much time reading textbooks and working I forget how relaxing reading for PLEASURE can actually be. Sure it takes even more time but it's worth it in my overall mental state. I tend to alternate between fiction and nonfiction books for this reason.

I haven't read any Terry Pratchett in a long time. Good stuff though! My current favorite George R.R. Martin.
When I was younger I used to read primarily fiction - which is maybe why I love writing it and it's an escape for me. Anything non-fiction is generally NOT relaxing for me, even if I am reading it - if I am reading it, there is a reason for it and it's not for "pleasure" and down-time.

I used to read a lot of Colin Forbes and John Grisham amidst the others in my youth. I've never read any George R.R. Martin - might have to one day :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Purpose Driven Warrior

"Each day holds new opportunities to make decisions that could affect our lives forever. Don't fear the moment. Just do it." - Kyle Anthony Petillo

TRAINING

HIIT - Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 12 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
c. 10 min jogging

Shoulders/Hamstrings (1 min recovery between sets):
1. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press 6 x 15, 12, 10, 10, 8, 8
2. BB Military Press 6 x 12, 12, 12, 10, 10, 10
3. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts (BB to touch floor) 6 x 15, 15, 15, 12, 12, 12

Post-Weights Cardio - Rollers:

Stretch 31 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~6 hours.

Mood/Aggression: Maintaining positivity, keeping my head in a good place.

Energy: Definitely!

Mental Focus and Clarity: Solid.

Stress: Still as high as ever, but it's not bothering me.

Libido: Normal.

Joints: Wrists have been good. Managing my back so that it's not an issue for me either.

Endurance: Great.

Strength: Today's first session wasn't about strength, but I will be focusing on that for the rest of my Shoulders/Hamstrings session (which is going to be tomorrow morning).

Pump: Strong.

Vascularity: Per usual.

Quality of Training: HIIT was outside (love it), sprints all into a headwind. Doing less sprints that I have in the past, but the change is good. Still making sure I complete 20 minutes duration for the session, so finishing off just running . . . Resistance session was good. really feeling the burn. Intense . . . I think the easy rollers' sessions after all my training sessions made a difference, especially with recovery, even if I wasn't doing my usual high intensity with it, and I am going to continue doing it this week to see what happens . . .

Recovery: I feel great!

Appetite: This is under control - man does it feel good to say that!

Body Composition and Look: Continuing my work in progress :)

Other Notes: The time you decide what you are going to be determines the pah you will take. "Of all the things one can become in life, I can think of nothing better to be than to be a Champion. A Champion is a WARRIOR. A Champion NEVER settles; never gives up; they strive through the blood, sweat and tears to overcome ALL obstacles placed before them. A Champion IGNORES the pain; they are the first to rise and the last to fall; they will keep on going until they collapse. Champion NEVER accepts defeat; 'failure' is not defeat, but a lesson on how to do better, how not to make the same mistakes. A Champion may fall, but they ALWAYS rise again, fighting back harder than ever. A Champion does NOT make excuses for their shortcomings, but pushes forward, turning their weaknesses into strengths. A Champion burns with the fire of determination and passion; they dare to dream, dreaming of the stars and REFUSE to accept anything less than such heights as they have set their eyes upon. A Champion NEVER backs down or strays from their path; they have a purpose and they will do WHATEVER it takes to achieve it. A Champion has a PURPOSE, forging forward, open to possibilities, forever testing themselves, challenging the 'impossible'. A Champion gives EVERYTHING they have to their cause, holding nothing back, persistently pursuing their goals, dreams and desires with a vengeance to be the absolute BEST that they can be." - Rosie Chee Scott, My Definition of a Champion Life Philosophy

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Other Notes: The time you decide what you are going to be determines the pah you will take. "Of all the things one can become in life, I can think of nothing better to be than to be a Champion. A Champion is a WARRIOR. A Champion NEVER settles; never gives up; they strive through the blood, sweat and tears to overcome ALL obstacles placed before them. A Champion IGNORES the pain; they are the first to rise and the last to fall; they will keep on going until they collapse. Champion NEVER accepts defeat; 'failure' is not defeat, but a lesson on how to do better, how not to make the same mistakes. A Champion may fall, but they ALWAYS rise again, fighting back harder than ever. A Champion does NOT make excuses for their shortcomings, but pushes forward, turning their weaknesses into strengths. A Champion burns with the fire of determination and passion; they dare to dream, dreaming of the stars and REFUSE to accept anything less than such heights as they have set their eyes upon. A Champion NEVER backs down or strays from their path; they have a purpose and they will do WHATEVER it takes to achieve it. A Champion has a PURPOSE, forging forward, open to possibilities, forever testing themselves, challenging the 'impossible'. A Champion gives EVERYTHING they have to their cause, holding nothing back, persistently pursuing their goals, dreams and desires with a vengeance to be the absolute BEST that they can be." - Rosie Chee Scott, My Definition of a Champion Life Philosophy
Is this an excerpt from one of your eBooks? I want MORE!!!!

I read that paragraph and immeadiately thought of this video..

Not sure if you seen it before or not so I figured I would share it with you

Also congrats on the sponsorship!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is this an excerpt from one of your eBooks? I want MORE!!!!

I read that paragraph and immeadiately thought of this video..

Not sure if you seen it before or not so I figured I would share it with you

Also congrats on the sponsorship!
Nope, not an excerpt from one of my fitness eBooks - it is my personal Life Philosophy.

No, not seen it before (for some reason videos don't show up on the forums or my blog on my laptop, but I can get to them through "quoting" a post - odd), but it is a motivating clip.

LOL, thanks - Taurus Nutrition became one of my sponsors when it was formed (seen in post #1); it's just now becoming "official" :lol:

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very nice :thumbsup: I literally got an adrenaline rush when I read through that :D

//CC

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm here!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What Defines You?

"Nothing shapes your life more than the commitments you choose to make. Your commitments can develop you or they can destroy you, but either way, they will define you." - Rick Warren

TRAINING

Session 1

Cardio - Run:
1.5 miles @ 4.2 min/km pace

Shoulders/Hamstrings (1 min recovery between sets/supersets):
1. Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises 4 x 12 per side
2. Single-Leg DB Deadlifts 4 x 10 per side
Superset -
3. Plate Hammer Raises 4 x 8
4. Seated DB Rear Raises 4 x 8

Stretch 25 min.

Session 2

Cardio - Run:
1.5 miles @ 4.2 min/km pace

Arms/Abs (1 min recovery between supersets):
Superset A -
1. Hanging Straight-Leg Jackknifes 4 x 6
2. Rope Crunches 4 x 12
Superset B -
3. Close-Grip BB Bicep Curls 4 x 15, 12, 10, 8
4. Weighted Dips 4 x 6
Superset C -
5. Incline DB Bicep Curls 4 x 8
6. Flat Close-Grip BB Bench Press 4 x 6
Superset D -
7. Alternate DB Bicep Curls 4 x 10 per side
8. V-Bar Tricep Push-Down 4 x 6

COMMENTS

Mood/Aggression: Smiles!

Energy: The body is an amazing thing - it will do anything that the mind tells it to.

Mental Focus and Clarity: My mind is on full idea-mode today, thoughts flowing :)

Strength: Making strides re strength with Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises and Close-Grip BB Bicep Curls - pleased.

Pump: Not so much for the first resistance session. Strong during second resistance session.

Vascularity: Good - it's hanging around all the time now, like when I was using PES' AnaBeta-01.

Quality of Training: My first session was about completing what I didn't do yesterday - not a "catch up" session, since I already planned on doing TWO training blocks today. Run pre-weights was good - pace still staying reasonable. Resistance session was good - noticing physical changes (or maybe now that I am back to wearing tank tops instead of t-shirts I am just noticing it more?) re definition in upper body better than ever. Recovery on the rollers afterwards . . . Second session was good, even though I was close to being sick during my 1.5 miles. Feeling the burn in my abs during Superset A. Progressing with Superset B - adding more reps to Close-Grip BB Bicep Curls at a heavier weight, and getting back to an acceptable weight with Weighted Dips. Struggling as the session went on, my body really heated and at times light-headed, but pushing through. Finishing off with the rollers . . .

Recovery: The rollers after everything else is definitely making a difference, so I'm going to keep on with this.

Appetite: You have no idea how much I am looking forward to my post-training meal after my second session today!

Body Composition and Look: Rear delts are coming out well. In fact, the extra muscle mass and definition in my deltoids is one of the most noticeable physique changes I have made over the last few weeks.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Never Give Up!

"When you meet anyone, treat the event as a holy encounter. It's through others that we either find or love our self. For you see, nothing is accomplished without others. When you eliminate the concept of separation from your thoughts and your behavior, you begin to feel your connection to everything and everyone. So let's give it more." - Guy Francis

TRAINING

HIIT - Run:
a. 4 min jogging
c. 10 min jogging

Cardio - Rollers:

Stretch 26 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~1.5 hours. Lay in bed for an hour after waking to try and go back to sleep, but my body didn't want it.

Mood/Aggression: Calmed down somewhat from the last week, but still in a good place.

Energy: I'm glad today was only HIIT.

Mental Focus and Clarity: For the lack of sleep, it's pretty great, actually.

Stress: HIGH.

Libido: The mood springs upon one at the most surprising times :lol:

Endurance: Good.

Vascularity: Strong blue lines.

Quality of Training: HIIT was good. Sprinting into a headwind again today. Last few sprints I started faltering, but pushed on. Once sprints were done, my body had only one pace for the rest of the session . . . Finished off with an easy bout on the rollers for legs' recovery . . .

Recovery: Yep, double resistance sessions in a day take that little bit more out of me.

Body Composition and Look: Getting closer . . .

Other Notes: Finished watching Gurran Lagann this morning (yes, I like anime, and have been making my way through several series as a way to relax before going to sleep if I am not reading or writing) - it's not my usual choice of anime, but once the first three episodes were past (the only thing they really had for them was how funny they were) it started really picking up and truly was an epic series. Another truly great example of what can be done when you believe in yourself and refuse to give up, even when everything seems against you and you are told it is impossible. Kamina's "Kick logic out and do the impossible" are true fighting words! Even in the face of surmountable odds, Simon's fighting spirit burned fierce, declaring "Never give up. The moment you give up it's over". No matter what you are told, forge your own path, silence the critics and disbelievers, and let your light shine!

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
I had the same sleep last night! Ugh! Way to push through Rosie.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Question Rosie, when you mention rollers are you referring to the foam rollers?

Oh and I've visited your website, but need to read your material haven't had a chance yet, but definitely on my "to do list"

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had the same sleep last night! Ugh! Way to push through Rosie.
Yeah, and I haven't even had a nap yet! It's ok though - I've done it before - when I get to almost a week without having sleep or as little as that most days (if that), then I'll be concerned, but I have a feeling I'm going to be doing something similar again tonight . . .

Question Rosie, when you mention rollers are you referring to the foam rollers?

Oh and I've visited your website, but need to read your material haven't had a chance yet, but definitely on my "to do list"
Nope - cycling rollers, LOL.

Cool :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ah, ok I have seen the A-frame...thanks Rosie

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ah, ok I have seen the A-frame...thanks Rosie
No worries :) Let me just say that if you spin at 70 km/hr on the rollers (yes, I have done it - exhilarating!) you had better make sure you are outside or have a door open, LOL :D

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Assaulted by Green Apple

"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change." - Push Harder

TRAINING

Session 1

Cardio - Run:
3 miles at 4.1 min/km pace

Back (1 min recovery between sets):
1. Reverse Rows (feet on bench) 6 x 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5
2. Supinated BB Bent Over Rows 4 x 9, 8, 7, 6
3. Supinated Lat Pull-Downs (in squat position) 4 x 10

Stretch 30 min.

Session 2

Chest (1 min recovery between sets):
1. Flat BB Bench Press 4 x 12
2. Incline BB Bench Press 6 x 8
3. Push-Ups (on fists, feet on floor) 4 x 12

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~8 hours. Deep and sound, making up for the lack of sleep the night before.

Mood/Aggression: Had my ups and downs today, but making the conscious decision to remain upbeat!

Energy: Energy a little drained, if my 3-mile run is any indicator to go by. Still feeling out of sorts during Chest - even seeing stars during my sets of Incline BB Bench Press.

Mental Focus and Clarity: No time for faltering.

Stress: High.

Libido: Tease. Random. Welcome.

Joints: Nothing stands out, which is interesting.

Endurance: Good.

Strength: Some improvement, but not a lot today from this day last week - let's see what session 2 brings.

Pump: Strong from the start in Session 1, especially in arms. And again in Session 2.

Vascularity: I'm enjoying it.

Quality of Training: Session 1 - 3-mile run was ok, starting off quickly, but half-way through I noticed that my pace dropped back to something similar to what it had been after my sprints had finished yesterday. Resistance session was ok. It was a real effort to do it, and there were moments when I wanted to just throw the weights around, but kept it together and focused the frustration on lifting. Finished off with rollers' recovery . . . Session 2 - Nice and short at only 20 minutes. Heart was pounding between sets, which was odd, considering I didn't think it was THAT intense. Giving the lower body a break afterwards . . .

Recovery: My whole body ached this morning when I woke up - DOMS from Tuesday's sessions. REALLY noticing the feeling in my glutes, as my body gets used to cycling again.

Appetite: My body is letting me know in no uncertain terms what it will have and will not tolerate.

Body Composition and Look: People around me are noticing the differences as change occurs.

Other Notes: FINALLY got to try Green Apple Assault today - been looking forward to this ever since the new flavour was announced. Far more to my liking than the Raspberry Lemonade flavour that I have been using, and I'll be alternating between them until I finish the currently open tub of the latter (changes reflected in post #1). Notes on Green Apple Assault in next post.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Impressions of MusclePharm's Green Apple Assault

Assault (Green Apple flavour)

Smell: N/A. In the tub the Green Apple Assault has no smell - I got my nose as close to the powder as I could, and even with it in the scoop, you can barely catch the faintest of the most faintest hint of apple. When mixed with water there is a scent, reminding me of the chewy, Green Apple flavoured New Zealand lolly I had when I was younger (I don't like lollies and even as a child, when I ate them it was rare - when I did, I would only have Minties, sour (green and yellow) gummy bears, or the mentioned chewy green apple lolly).

Taste: 9.5/10. Green Apple is definitely my favourite of all the Assault flavours I have tried (Blue Arctic Raspberry, Raspberry Lemonade, Green Apple). Distinct taste of apple. Not the sour, tart taste of a Granny Smith apple (my definition of "green apple"), but more like a Braeburn apple (who actually has the Granny Smith as a "parent" apple). It is not sweet either, which I like (not a fan of sickly "sweet" products). I personally would have preferred a little tartness, like Green MAGnitude's Sour Apple flavour (which has the best taste of any supplement product I have ever tried), but no biggie, and MusclePharm have again shown how good their flavouring is.

Other Notes: Green Apple Assault is a pretty green colour - fittingly matching the MusclePharm green :D My opinion of Assault has not changed since I first used it, and the addition of the Green Apple flavour only serves to further establish it as my top [equal] favourite product ever and one of the best available, IMO. To see my comprehensive thoughts and experience with Assault, taste and smell aside, please see my Review on MusclePharm's Assault.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Onward, Soldier!

"Life throws you in many different directions, it's up to you how you handle these challenges and to move forward in your life might be the hardest/scariest thing you may face, but once you take that first step everything changes for the better!" - Sascha Martinelli

TRAINING

Session 1

HIIT - Run:
a. 4 min jogging
c. 10 min jogging

Full-Body (1 min recovery between trisets):
Triset A -
1. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts (BB to touch floor) 4 x 12
2. V-Bar Close-Grip Seated Rows 4 x 10-12
3. Push-Ups (feet on floor, hands on box) 4 x 12
Triset B -
4. DB Hammer Raises 4 x 10
5. DB Lateral Raises 4 x 10
6. Seated DB Rear Raises 4 x 10
Triset C -
7. Dips 4 x 10
8. EZ-Bar Bicep Curls 4 x 10-12
9. Alternate DB Hammer Curls 4 x 10 per side
Triset D -
10. Rope Crunches 4 x 10-12
11. Reverse Curls (on bench) 4 x 10
12. Bicycle 4 x 20

Stretch 33 min.

Session 2

Cardio - Rollers:

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~4 hours. Woke refreshed.

Mood/Aggression: Knowing that I can inspire others and be a blessing to them brings a smile.

Energy: Training was done at what I felt was a slow pace, feeling drained, but the energy is actually there.

Strength: Full-Body sessions are NOT about strength, and as long as it is intense, weights used are IRrelevant.

Pump: Interesting - strong at times, but not always, on and off.

Vascularity: :D

Quality of Training: Session 1 - HIIT was so-so, with my body feeling dead, my legs like wood, my arms and back doing the running, legs just moving in response. Resistance session was fine, set and determined to complete it with nothing left at the end, which was close to what happened, finishing with a burn. Rollers as recovery for my legs afterwards . . . Session 2 - Getting that extra active recovery session in there, not just for my body, but my mind as well, for whilst my body will be there, my mind will be meditating . . .

Recovery: The 2-a-day resistance sessions - no matter how short - definitely take more out of me than just doing a cardio session as my second session. I'm going to have to limit the 2-a-day resistance sessions to ~2 a week, with the other 1-3 2-a-day training sessions cardio.

Appetite: Had an interesting conversation re nutrition with someone today. Truth be told, I never have and still don't follow any specific diet. Instead, I take parts of many principles and diets and amalgamate them into something individual to ME, doing everything and nothing, if you can understand that. Even though my nutrition is not as terrible as it has been in the past, it's still a work in progress, but working more WITH my body than against it, and a never-ending learning process for me. Too many people get caught up in following this diet or that one, but in the end I don't believe that what you do matters, as long as what you do works for YOU, optimal and effective in achieving your goals and meeting your needs.

Body Composition and Look: Even though my scale weight has not changed much over this week, I am definitely leaner, noticing it the most in my midsection, lower back, and hips. Positive that I will be sub-10% bodyfat by the end of the week! :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Perception, Reflection, and Foundation

MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES OF THE DAY

"You have to sacrifice something to get something." - Evangeline Lilly

"No sacrifice, no victory." - Sam, Transformers

TRAINING

Cardio - Run:
5.6 km at 3.4 min/km

Cardio - Rollers:
20 min in 39x18 @ 110 rpm

Stretch 31 min.

COMMENTS

Mood/Aggression: I got the chance to speak to my youngest sister this morning. If there is anyone who LIVES life, it is her. Our conversation lifted my spirits a little and gave me a few things to consider, renewing my determination for the path I have chosen to follow. The next 2-3 months are going to be used to continue and solidify the foundation that was unwittingly started several years ago, and then it will be creating the dream atop it.

Energy: I am a battery, LOL.

Mental Focus and Clarity: I have a LOT to think about.

Stress: HIGH.

Endurance: AMAZING!

Quality of Training: Training was later than planned because I got to talking to my youngest sister (I have all day to train, but it's not every day that I get to speak to my family). However, once I started - after an interesting, stimulating conversation that gave me a new perception on things - I decided to run for a little further than I have been (not a lot, but just a little). It didn't take me too much longer to run 3.5 miles than it has been to run ~3 miles, which was interesting, considering I didn't FEEL like I was running that fast. Apparently I was, my fitness has improved, my endurance, speed endurance, and speed, and this was my fastest paced run EVER! Very pleased. Because I felt so good I upped the pace on the rollers afterwards, my legs feeling amazingly GOOD!

Recovery: I feel as FRESH as ever - highly likely from all the carbohydrates I had last night before bed!

Other Notes: I finish my bottle of Alpha-T2 today (changes reflected in post #1), waiting on another.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad to hear endurance and speed are better :thumbsup: Are you going to push a little further every time or just once in a while? :)

//CC

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Logs lookin good Rosie, keep kickin ass n takin names!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad to hear endurance and speed are better :thumbsup: Are you going to push a little further every time or just once in a while? :)

//CC
Since I only run for fitness, I'll probably just keep it ~3 miles most days. On Saturday, if I do a run and not HIT, I may go further, taking it out to no further than ~10km, depending on my mood (I don't like to run much more than ~40 minutes tops in a single session).

Logs lookin good Rosie, keep kickin ass n takin names!
Will do, Josh - I expect to see you doing the SAME! :D

shocknyou

shocknyou

Awards
Rosie

This is an awesome log! Keep up the great work and wish you all the best. On a side note I would love to see some video footage of your HIIT sessions in those high heels you were wearing on page one.:toofunny:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie

This is an awesome log! Keep up the great work and wish you all the best. On a side note I would love to see some video footage of your HIIT sessions in those high heels you were wearing on page one.:toofunny:
Hey there, bud :)

Thank you.

:blink: LOL - if I was stupid enough to do such a thing :fool2: I would kick my own ass! :D

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Since I only run for fitness, I'll probably just keep it ~3 miles most days. On Saturday, if I do a run and not HIT, I may go further, taking it out to no further than ~10km, depending on my mood (I don't like to run much more than ~40 minutes tops in a single session).

Will do, Josh - I expect to see you doing the SAME! :D

Noone trains to make excuses right? :saevilw:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Noone trains to make excuses right? :saevilw:
Got that right, Josh :yup: There's no room for excuses. If you're going to make them, do them somewhere else!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Create Your Opportunity!

"We keep going back, stronger, not weaker, because we will not allow rejection to beat us down. It will only strengthen our resolve. To be successful there is no other way." - Earl G. Graves

TRAINING

HIIT - Run:
a. 4 min jogging
c. 10 min jogging

Shoulders/Hamstrings (1 min recovery between sets):
1. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press 6 x 15, 15, 12, 12, 10, 10
2. BB Military Press 6 x 12
3. Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises 6 x 15 per arm
4. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts (BB to touch floor) 6 x 12

Stretch 22 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~5 hours.

Mood/Aggression: Keeping my spirits up - hope is a beautiful thing in times of darkness.

Energy: Definitely there.

Mental Focus and Clarity: There is no time for wandering minds today.

Stress: High.

Joints: My left ankle gave out under me yesterday afternoon. During HIIT and my walk to the library (this reminded me why I used to spend hours walking the streets in the dark in New Plymouth - so calm and still), it reminded me tenderly that it was to be treated with more care.

Endurance: Excellent!

Strength: More reps with the same weight as last week - improvement.

Pump: Very strong from the first set.

Vascularity: Now that it is getting warmer, this is here to stay!

Quality of Training: HIIT was great. Sprints were really explosive. Left ankle was niggling throughout it, but managed to ignore it . . . Resistance training was also top notch. Ploughing through the exercises, ignoring the painful pump burn that I was feeling after the first half . . . Rollers' recovery afterwards . . .

Recovery: The rollers are definitely helping my legs.

Body Composition and Look: 115.8 pounds at 10% bodyfat - so not quite sub-10%, but close. -0.6% bodyfat over the last week, which means I am totally on track! . . . Have been told repeatedly over the last week that my arms look the best they have ever done re muscle mass and definition. I've also noticed re my arms over the last few days that each side looks like it could belong to completely different people, because my left side has strong definition and more muscle mass than my right, which is odd since I am right-handed and my left side is weaker, but then again, after breaking my left wrist, maybe my left side has compensated for it? . . . Either way, pleased with progress . . .

Other Notes: Not every opportunity we want we are going to be given in life, and sometimes if we want something, we have to create that opportunity ourselves! Those who know what they want take the risk and go after it, making it happen! Nothing happens by sitting still and hoping that it happens to you; you've got to MAKE it happen! If you don't take the risk, you'll never know what could have been. I've stepped out and created one of my opportunities, hoping, but having faith that if I am supposed to be there, I will be given the chance.

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Other Notes: Not every opportunity we want we are going to be given in life, and sometimes if we want something, we have to create that opportunity ourselves! Those who know what they want take the risk and go after it, making it happen! Nothing happens by sitting still and hoping that it happens to you; you've got to MAKE it happen! If you don't take the risk, you'll never know what could have been. I've stepped out and created one of my opportunities, hoping, but having faith that if I am supposed to be there, I will be given the chance.
:) Make it happen

Great Post, very uplifting.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:) Make it happen

Great Post, very uplifting.
Yes. We can't wait for life to happen to us - we have to happen to it! I am praying like mad that something is born out of this! A fresh start is definitely needed and this would be the perfect opportunity for it to happen!