Resolve's a Speed(V2)-Freak! Partially-Sponsored LG Stack Log

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
AS will also help prevent DOMS, contrary to Irish Cannon I get some good pumps on AS, I've only used 1 scoop pre-workout thus far and I can definitely feel it in my workouts, I have not yet tried the intra, I haven't been able to get pass the mental aspect of having a red/pinkest water bottle with me in the gym! :)

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
strong foundation resolve.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It looks like you've added quite a bit of width, my friend. Nice work! Chest looks bigger too. Any leg shots for us?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You have a nice dip at the end of your bi's, looks like someone who does reverse curls.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lats are looking wide bubba!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks guys. My measurements haven't changed much, if at all, over the last couple of months, but I've gotten leaner.

IC - I'll get BW to take some shots of my spindly twigs, I just tried taking some for myself and found it a laughable endeavour. :)

Volcom - Yup, just about half of all the curls I do are reverse. I just recently switched from ez-bar reverse to oly-bb reverse curls, so the weight I'm using has dropped, but the forearm activation is much better.

AZ - My back grows exponentially easier than everything else - I've actually cut the volume for it in an effort to let my chest catch up!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Volcom - Yup, just about half of all the curls I do are reverse. I just recently switched from ez-bar reverse to oly-bb reverse curls, so the weight I'm using has dropped, but the forearm activation is much better.
Me, too, I think that officially makes us BFF's.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sweet, we should play Legos.
Legos......9-1-1? [snicker-snicker-snicker, looks around the room]

haha, okay-okay, I'll stop amusing myself with these Dr. Evil gestures.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wish my back had that problem. I am focusing alot more attention on it now though...hopefully it will improve.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Late, but subbed none the less. Good luck buddy.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Good to have you man!

Everybody - I am so stoked right now! I have finally made progress in the project I've been working on for the last month. I got my cell-plates to fluoresce, which means the plasmid they contain (that I made!) works! :woohoo:
Congratulations, although I have no idea what that means!!:jester:

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Good to have you man!

Everybody - I am so stoked right now! I have finally made progress in the project I've been working on for the last month. I got my cell-plates to fluoresce, which means the plasmid they contain (that I made!) works! :woohoo:

Hey! That is great news! You are awesome! :thumbsup:

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good to have you man!

Sounds like some hard work payed off R...congrats

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good to have you man!

This is how "I Am Legend" and/or all Resident Evil series began

Nice work! A months worth of effort coming to light must be satisfying.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Vol, that zombie is hilarious!

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
congrats on the news, its great to see things working specially the first time, sounds like you waited long enough and finally got rewarded even though I have no clue what it is :D

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ahh, I have the day off, and I slept in. Man was that nice. I plan on doing nothing but kickin' back today; maybe rent a movie. I've also wanted to visit the local vitamin shoppe; never been to one and I've heard good things about their clearance bin.

Oh, and I plan on eating bratwurst, woot!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ahh, I have the day off, and I slept in. Man was that nice. I plan on doing nothing but kickin' back today; maybe rent a movie. I've also wanted to visit the local vitamin shoppe; never been to one and I've heard good things about their clearance bin.

Sounds like my kind of relax day. I love doing nothing but laying in bed watching movies occasionally.

And that bratwurst sounds delicious. My old roommate made the BEST. He'd saute some red peppers and spices and all this stuff, then throw in the brats and let them simmer for a couple hours. Mmmmmmm. They were so perfect.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Bratwurst isn't the most attractive name for a food, but lawdy lawdy is that business good!!!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like my kind of relax day. I love doing nothing but laying in bed watching movies occasionally.

And that bratwurst sounds delicious. My old roommate made the BEST. He'd saute some red peppers and spices and all this stuff, then throw in the brats and let them simmer for a couple hours. Mmmmmmm. They were so perfect.
Couple of hours... good-gawd!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MMMM...Forbidden Bratwurst....gaaaauuuuwwwwhhhh
I find that fatty meats are ok once a week or so... I'm an endo and eating the odd meal of spicy sausages has not hampered my progress in any way.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good! I try to make the vast majority of my fats "healthy", but the brats just sounded too good to pass up.

Happy Independence Day all!

I should find a place to go see fireworks tonight... hmmm

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Happy 4th meatheads!!:usa:
Ha - meatheads. If that's where we carry the majority of our meat, we may have a problem. :D

Today's Supplement Thoughts:

SV2: 6 days into a ketogenic diet. I've been eating 20-30g CHO total everyday and I have had zero decrease in energy and mental acuity outside the gym. SV2 has been keeping me alert and sharp so well that I have not missed carbs at all. This, frankly, takes me by surprise - I was anticipating this diet to be brutal, but my brain is running strong. I am still looking forward to getting 30% of my kcals from CHO tomorrow (a semi-carb-up day, which is all I get), but mainly just because I miss the taste of berries and yogurt.

AS: 1/2 scoop pre-workout, 1/2 scoop sort-of-intra-workout. The intra-workout portion made me sick as a dog. Literally, once my workout really got cranking, everytime I would take a sip I would get a renewed wave of nausea. Once I quit drinking it, the nausea dissipated and I started feeling and performing much better. It was the first time ever that I actually poured my intra-workout shake out and refilled the bottle with just water. So, I know now that I am as yet unable to handle a full scoop of A.S. - sadly.
I am going to pull back to 1/2 scoop, which didn't give me any trouble when last I tried it, and keep it there for a while. I'll try bumping the dose back up in a week or so, as I acclimate to the stuff.

T-911: Waiting on the new bottle!

Today's Workout:

Sled Leg-Press: 360 for 6x20
ss'd w/Unilateral Swiss-ball leg curls: 6x15 per leg

Leg Extensions: 100 for 6x20

BW Speed Lunges for 6x20-15

Incline DB Press: 70 for 7x12

Unilateral Decline Cable Press: 100 for 7x12

Plyometric Push-up with Feet on Bench: 7x12

This is the first time in over a month that I have attempted to load my legs with any substantial amount of weight in a compound movement, and I am pleased to say my hip stood up to it quite well. It seems as long as core stabilization is not particularly taxed, I am quite capable of working my lower body pretty hard. I should be getting my insurance card this week (which has taken a LOT longer than I thought it would), so I still plan on getting myself checked out before resuming squats and deads, but I feel like I'm recuperating.

Inter-set recovery was quite high, but muscular stamina is markedly lower. A given weight doesn't necessarily feel heavier - i.e. I believe I could still hit my normal numbers if working in the lower rep range - but I simply seem to run out of steam around rep 8 with these 12 rep sets and have to really force the rest. I attribute this to lack of CHO and therefore lack of glycogen.

My workout started badly with my queasiness, but by the end of it, I was feeling thoroughly worked and pretty darn good. Legs got the best beating they've gotten in a while and my chest was hammered.

I marvel at the popularity of the pec-deck. That has got to be the single most used piece of equipment in my gym. On today, the 4th of July, the whole place was practically empty but there were still guys waiting in line to use the darn thing - none of them with any real mass to speak of. There are so many other, better options for your chest, but for these guys it seemed to even be the mainstay rather than an accesory movement. Disappointing, but I don't really care too much - it's none of my business what movements they choose.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You've got guts to do low carbohydrates like that. I can manage for like a day, and not event hat low (~50g) and I need to have a hugely high carbohydrate day the next day!

Also interesting that you don't handle the full scoop of Anadraulic State well. I started out at half a scoop per dose my first day to assess tolerance and am now using one scoop and haven't experienced any nausea or upsets. I'm actually going to go to 2 scoops pre-gym for a few days as well after another week or so. Perhaps you just need longer to get 'used' to it?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've had to slowly increase dosage with several "pre-workout" supps in the past, so yeah, I am presuming that I just need more time to get used to it.

As for the low carbs, it really hasn't bothered me much other than lower muscular stamina as I mentioned.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you think its a combo of using both the SV2 and -AS- that is causing nausea?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Plyometric Push-up with Feet on Bench: 7x12
Is that 7 sets for 12 reps on that particular exercise! :shocked1: I'm not sure people can quite appreciate the enormity of that task. Most people have done clap push-ups, they do one set of 15-20 reps, then think it's easy. It's not until the 2nd, 3rd, 4th set that those 15-20 reps turn into 6-8 reps.

High velocity movements require a ton of force production x energy expenditure and the fatigue compounds in multitudes, perhaps even greater fatigue build up and diminished performance then sets of pull ups. Nice!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, I did seven sets. They weren't clap push-ups, I just focused on achieving as much altitude as I could with each rep - didn't bother with the clap. You are right, they were killer by the last couple of sets.

Had another workout today, I'll update on it later. Right now, I need sleep. :tired:

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Clap or no clap, thays very impressive for sure.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Clap or no clap, thays very impressive for sure.
Thank you. I've been feeling like a wuss with this high volume stuff - when the volume goes up, the load has to go down, so my numbers aren't anything special right now. So, it was really good to focus on a power movement, even if it wasn't anything major.

However, speaking of major power movements, I've got an anecdote to share with you all shortly.

Supplement Thoughts from Yesterday:

AS: For the first time, I actually felt a good deal of benefit from this. At 1/2 scoop I had no negative side effects, and a lot of increased drive. Furthermore, I was very tired going into the gym, but once the blood got flowing I really woke up. I was also very aggressive. My primary manifestation of aggression in the gym is pushing myself harder, followed closely by deriving great enjoyment from watching the douches around using poor form. Both occurred in spades with this workout.

SV2: I had carbs yesterday - some Cream of Wheat w/Blueberries, a butt-load of broccoli, some of BW's homemade refried beans, honeydew melon with more berries, and a whole-wheat roll homemade by an old friend of my family's (she makes amazing bread and grinds her own flour!). Still, I wasn't craving them, it felt more like I was eating them simply because they coincided with the demands of my diet for the day. SV2 has been keeping me focused and on track despite ketosis, and even though I'm spending 10+ hours a day either studying or in the lab, I haven't felt hindered whatsoever.

I really need to go read Rosie's log, to see what a stim-junkie like her thinks of these two products - I'll get over there, I swear, girl! :D

Yesterday's Workout:

Wide-Grip Pull-Ups: BW x12, x12, x12, x12, x10, x10, x9, x9.5 (just couldn't get my chin to clear the bar for that last rep!)

Supinated-Grip Seated Cable Rows: 200 for 8x12

Upright BB Rows: 115 for 7x12 w/3se eccentric
Power Cleans: 205 for 1x10

Cable Lateral Raises: 30lb for 8x12

Seated Hammer Curls: 50s for 4x12, 45 for 4x12
ss'd w/ Unilateral Overhead DB Tri Ext: 50s for 4x12, 45s for 4x12

Lying Cable Curls: 110 for 8x12
ss'd w/ Cable Skull Crushers: 140 for 8x12

Yeah, those power cleans came out of nowhere. I had passed a guy incline pressing 225 and his ROM was awful. He was short, fat and had no clue what he was doing, but he had two apparent "followers" hovering around him as he did his twitch-reps and made tons of noise. I approached him, and with a smile, suggested he lowered the weight and increased his ROM, as he was only cheating himself out of strength and muscle development with his current actions. The guy didn't even respond, but jumped back under the bar and immediately banged out another half-assed "set." No skin off my nose if he didn't want to listen, I chuckled and walked away.

So, 5-10mins later, I'm doing upright rows, and really focusing on squeezing my delts and accentuating form and negative. I've completed 7 of my intended 8 sets, and he walks up and says, "You need to put some 45s on there instead of those 35s, and use some real weight."

This pissed me off. Big time. The last thing Porky Pig's illegitimate son should be doing is giving me workout advice.

So I grinned at him and said, "Alright buddy-boy, this one's for you. It's called good-form." I threw 45s on top of the 35s I had already on the bar and immediately cranked out 10 very good cleans. It wasn't until after I was done and he had slinked away to return to his retinue that I realized that was a huge PR for me. 205x10 I have never done before. Just shows how a moron can benefit your workout...

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Now that's turning a negative into a positive R! Big props bubba.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
A). I wouldn't have judged you if you had cut that dude.

B). Awesome cleans PR!!! Sheesh. 205 for 10 is an EXHAUSTING FEAT!!!

C). I won't judge you if you do cut that dude at a later time.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There's this guy at my gym, who either knows I hate him or thinks I like him, because we've swapped looks on plenty of occasions and for me, they were looks of disgust.

He always performs this routine on the incline, 225, 275, 315lbs. However, his ROM is even worse then twitch-reps. He does Tickle Me Elmo reps, like someone poked him in the arm pit and he reacted with some form of movement and then that becomes a rep. That's pretty bad as is, but the worst part is in between sets, he stands and stretches, walks around & looks around, makes a big production about his upcoming set, then sits down and proceeds to Tickle Me Elmo.

It's painful to watch. Literally, on the incline bench, he stops 6 inches ABOVE his head. Imagine you holding the bar in starting position, fully extended, then a friend pokes you in the arm pit and you're like, "Oh hey don't be a dique I'm benching here, speaking of which, that's one rep."

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great story, the gym never has any shortage of azzholes that use improper form so they can appear to be stronger than they are. I have had my fill of those guys and rarely will I correct them anymore.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The last thing Porky Pig's illegitimate son should be doing is giving me workout advice.
:toofunny: Totally true!

There's this guy at my gym, who either knows I hate him or thinks I like him, because we've swapped looks on plenty of occasions and for me, they were looks of disgust.

He always performs this routine on the incline, 225, 275, 315lbs. However, his ROM is even worse then twitch-reps. He does Tickle Me Elmo reps, like someone poked him in the arm pit and he reacted with some form of movement and then that becomes a rep. That's pretty bad as is, but the worst part is in between sets, he stands and stretches, walks around & looks around, makes a big production about his upcoming set, then sits down and proceeds to Tickle Me Elmo.

It's painful to watch. Literally, on the incline bench, he stops 6 inches ABOVE his head. Imagine you holding the bar in starting position, fully extended, then a friend pokes you in the arm pit and you're like, "Oh hey don't be a dique I'm benching here, speaking of which, that's one rep."
"Tickle-Me-Elmo" reps?! HAHA- great one! :D

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was thoroughly surprised once it set what I had accomplished - I haven't been attempting any heavy free-standing movements like that in over a month, then out of nowhere I just blow my record away? It was awesome.

Best part, though, is that my hip has no pain or discomfort now - it feels fine. Now the question is, do I wait until my dr. appointment, or do I go ahead and try some light squats tomorrow? :D

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have crazy DOMS in my legs right now... it's from those leg presses on Saturday. Gah!
Makes every time I get up from my bench a comic spectacle for my lab-mates. And here I'm LOOKING FORWARD to working my legs again tomorrow!

Just more proof that bodybuilders harbor masochistic tendencies, even if only in the gym!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have crazy DOMS in my legs right now... it's from those leg presses on Saturday. Gah!
Makes every time I get up from my bench a comic spectacle for my lab-mates. And here I'm LOOKING FORWARD to working my legs again tomorrow!

Just more proof that bodybuilders harbor masochistic tendencies, even if only in the gym!
I took my fiance on her first leg workout yesterday, very light, very basic. Smith-squats, Leg Press Machine and Hammer Calf Raise. She text me at work saying how incredibly sore she was and I think she was a bit confused when I enthusiastically responded, "good job honey!" I didn't want to go as far as texting, "Pain is the fruit of your labor" but I thought it.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I took my fiance on her first leg workout yesterday, very light, very basic. Smith-squats, Leg Press Machine and Hammer Calf Raise. She text me at work saying how incredibly sore she was and I think she was a bit confused when I enthusiastically responded, "good job honey!" I didn't want to go as far as texting, "Pain is the fruit of your labor" but I thought it.
:lol: Good for you man, getting your girl in the gym for some leg work! I remember the first time I took BW to the gym with me. It may take a while, but if your fiancee sticks with it, she'll come to thrive on it as much as you. Shoot, BW's been doing phenomenal with her deads and clean and presses! It's really cool to take your "significant other" to the gym and have them be a point of pride. :approve:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:lol: Good for you man, getting your girl in the gym for some leg work! I remember the first time I took BW to the gym with me. It may take a while, but if your fiancee sticks with it, she'll come to thrive on it as much as you. Shoot, BW's been doing phenomenal with her deads and clean and presses! It's really cool to take your "significant other" to the gym and have them be a point of pride. :approve:
I can't imagine my fiance doing deads or clean & presses :lol: It's about as comprehendable as the Trinity.

She always asks, "do i need to get gloves? I don't want my hands to look like yours." Referring to my turtle shells of callouses :lol: I actually wouldn't want that either... note to shelf, buy lifting gloves.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't imagine my fiance doing deads or clean & presses :lol: It's about as comprehendable as the Trinity.

She always asks, "do i need to get gloves? I don't want my hands to look like yours." Referring to my turtle shells of callouses :lol: I actually wouldn't want that either... note to shelf, buy lifting gloves.
You just never know till you get them in the gym... My current trainee/workout partner looked like a real little latina princess... very cute but there is no way I thought she would be able to take the pain. Turns out she is one of the hardcore trainees I've ever had, and that's why she's my partner. Squats, deads, cleans you name it she attacks every exercise. Tough little number. The results are their too. She doesn't use gloves or padding when she does squats. I saw her do reps with a tank top on with the knurl digging into here bare traps. No complaints ever...what a little tiger!!