Resolve's a Speed(V2)-Freak! Partially-Sponsored LG Stack Log

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Happy b-day dude, are you having ice cream cake with the little crunchies inside? Jeeaaalllouusssss!!!!!! :sad2:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Happy B'day ...

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks everybody - I had an awesome birthday. Nothing but junk food, which after a month of practically no carbs was sheer heaven; and BW got me some great stuff. Not to mention that we got to spend the entire day together.

Cinnamon Rolls, Tater tots, Papa John's, Sushi, Cake and Ice Cream... sooooo goood!

Among my gifts, she gave me some Renegade and some Lynx Grips, both things that I have wanted for a while. I wore the renegade when we went out to sushi and the scent is really very similar to leather. IC mentioned that he smelled like an old book with this stuff and I can definitely see the similarity.

Because of all the carbs, I snapped some photos yesterday as muscles began to refill. I'll post those as my after pics soon, along with a final review on SV2. I still have at least half a tub of AS left, so I won't post a final review for that, but a current "in-progress" review instead.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn, that's one helluva cheat meal day!! I freaking love tater tots!!!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The cheating was spread over the entire day... about 16 hours of bingeing. I hadn't had tater tots in at least a couple of years - I could easily get fat if I kept such food in the house on a regular basis. :)
bro, me too! I LOVE tater tots and hash browns. Guaranteed double chin if i kept that stuff around.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Not to mention a fat albert ass jiggle, for about a week.:paranoid:

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not to mention a fat albert ass jiggle, for about a week.:paranoid:
Mmmm... just the kind of physique I'm after. :paranoid:

It's not like my freaking endomorphic body has enough trouble dropping fat, I'll think I'll start incorporating some fried potatoes into my diet - y'know to make sure my empty calories are high enough. ;)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
bro, me too! I LOVE tater tots and hash browns. Guaranteed double chin if i kept that stuff around.
I was watching something on health care last night and the doctor grabbed a hold of this old dudes turkey neck. I was like, "WTF is that for?!" - As though they were checking it for proper function. :dunno:

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
looking good bro, whats your bf at or around in that pic?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your outer pecs appear pretty 3D. It has a good, coming off the chest, thick look.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah I would agree about 10% .. any further fat losses will have dramatic effect. No sign of pockets of fat which is always good news, that's why I say closer to 10 than 12.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your outer pecs appear pretty 3D. It has a good, coming off the chest, thick look.
I agree. Very spooky.:surprised:
Woohoo I got spooky pecs! The outer portion is definitely more developed that than the inner - I'll be incorporating more flies into my next routine in an effort to balance things out.

Yah I would agree about 10% .. any further fat losses will have dramatic effect. No sign of pockets of fat which is always good news, that's why I say closer to 10 than 12.
Awesome, that is great to hear - I would rather be 10% than 12% any day. Considering my next stack is going to include Prime and AP, I'm hoping that % will continue to drop. I'm going to kick calories to maintenance level and keep it there.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Woohoo I got spooky pecs! The outer portion is definitely more developed that than the inner - I'll be incorporating more flies into my next routine in an effort to balance things out.

Awesome, that is great to hear - I would rather be 10% than 12% any day. Considering my next stack is going to include Prime and AP, I'm hoping that % will continue to drop. I'm going to kick calories to maintenance level and keep it there.
At maintenance level with these supps your going to see fat melt away. Don't be afraid to eat a little more if your hungry .. just .. you know... wise choices..

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
At maintenance level with these supps your going to see fat melt away. Don't be afraid to eat a little more if your hungry .. just .. you know... wise choices..
Cool. Having watched you and Snag for a while, that was what I had gathered. I'll probably have a day or two a week with higher calories, as I seem to respond quite well to caloric cycling.

I'm also going to be using something similar to the "double carb loading" thing, with an AP meal then PSlin shake pre-workout - it'll be nice to reincorporate some high glycemic CHO in that shake.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
I have had alot of sucess with carb\caloric cycling too, I bet that will perpetuate further fat loss pretty well.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cool. Having watched you and Snag for a while, that was what I had gathered. I'll probably have a day or two a week with higher calories, as I seem to respond quite well to caloric cycling.

I'm also going to be using something similar to the "double carb loading" thing, with an AP meal then PSlin shake pre-workout - it'll be nice to reincorporate some high glycemic CHO in that shake.
I like that protocol preworkout with Pslin.. I only use it for heavier duty workouts though, which now that I am cruising on everything but chest means once a week. When I go to HST or whatever I am doing next I'll do it for all my workouts.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have had alot of sucess with carb\caloric cycling too, I bet that will perpetuate further fat loss pretty well.
The key to this type of fat loss is to remain in a anabolic state while losing fat. The more low carb days the less anabolic I am and I may be able to burn fat faster but I risk losing some mass. If you get it just right you can remain the same weight and burn fat off. I like 2 high carb days, 2 medium and 3 low. I have to make adjustments as time goes on to keep the fat slowly melting away.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's the hope! :fingersx:

I like that protocol preworkout with Pslin.. I only use it for heavier duty workouts though, which now that I am cruising on everything but chest means once a week. When I go to HST or whatever I am doing next I'll do it for all my workouts.
I agree, gotta save the insulin spikes for when the body can really use it. The first couple of weeks that I will be back in the gym, I won't be using many supps at all - just basics like multi, fish oil, bcaa, etc. But once I get into the swing of things again, then I start busting out the high caliber ammo!

The key to this type of fat loss is to remain in a anabolic state while losing fat. The more low carb days the less anabolic I am and I may be able to burn fat faster but I risk losing some mass. If you get it just right you can remain the same weight and burn fat off. I like 2 high carb days, 2 medium and 3 low. I have to make adjustments as time goes on to keep the fat slowly melting away.
Interestingly, I can gain muscle with little trouble on a fairly low cho diet, it's mainly my stamina, focus and recovery that suffer. I also of course miss the fullness and pump that CHO provides...mmm... pump, I am looking forward to that.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:147:SpeedV2 Final Review:147:

Over the last month, I followed a Regressive Ketogenic Diet with a drastic calorie deficit. My goal? Burn off a few BF% before classes start and rectify the fat gain that accompanied my hip injury.

So, next to no carbs, no cheat days, 50-70% fat diet and high volume training. Not the best nutritional/training combo when you're just starting grad school and spending all your time in a lab constructing DNA. I was totally expecting my brain to be sluggish and foggy, to feel fatigued and continually unfocused, and was prepared to simply force my way through the month with mental "ahem" resolve. :22: ("Hey, that's my name!")

Instead, what I experienced was far more pleasant. Using SV2 daily, my brain worked (gasp!); I was able to focus and progress nicely with my experiments, retain and remember most of the myriad of information that is being catapulted at me every day. For academic purposes, SV2 prevented all negative effects that ultra-low CHO diets have had on me in the past.

Furthermore, it is caffeine-free, so I experienced none of the anxiety and stress that large amounts of that particular substance induce in me (last caffeinate thermogenic I used was LeviR, and I ended up having 2 definite and a third possible panic attacks in a month). This also meant that I had no qualms about taking it later in the after-noon (3 or 4pm) or post-workout. When taken later in the day, very noticeable "second winds" routinely followed and lasted for several hours. I particularly like taking a cap after lifting, as it really helped dissipate my mental fatigue and allowed to return to the lab and be productive, rather than a drained slab of meat in a white coat. Additionally, taking it later the day had no adverse affect on my sleeping habits.

Now, I do not know exactly how much of the weight I lost is due to the action of SV2. However, I do know that it ellicited definitive thermogenic effects, as when I visited the Doctor after taking a dose, my temperature registered as a low grade fever (99.4). So, SV2 definitely raises body temp and therefore thermogenesis - without raising blood pressure too, I might add.

All in all, SV2's main strength, in my opinion, is it's capacity to allow more extreme dietary and training measures to be employed without adverse effect to one's studies or workload. And doing so without adding caffeine to one's daily intake.

Would I recommend it? Absolutely - particularly to anyone who is caffeine sensitive. Finding stimulant options for a person who can't handle much caffeine is something of a challenge. I've tried several caffeinated stims that I can handle in moderate doses if taken early in the day (X-Force, Focal Point), but I still have to be careful with their use and timing. Having a stim that is more flexible schedule-wise is a big plus.

Ok, so what actual progress did I make?
Starting Weight: 248lb
Ending Weight: 240lb

Before:

After:

In summary:
- Retained Mental Acuity despite low-calorie ketogenic diet
- No negative side effects, even if taken late in the day
- Definite systemic thermogenic activity
- Great option for the caffeine sensitive, or in conjunction with a caffeinated thermogen

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
About 2-3% loss in body fat so about 5 to 6 lbs of loss was fat ...pretty darn good.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interestingly, I can gain muscle with little trouble on a fairly low cho diet, it's mainly my stamina, focus and recovery that suffer. I also of course miss the fullness and pump that CHO provides...mmm... pump, I am looking forward to that.
Yes but many low carb diets are higher in fat like CKD ... Carb cycling is different you are counting on those higher carb days cuz your not necessarily going to be eating a higher percentage of fat.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
About 2-3% loss in body fat so about 5 to 6 lbs of loss was fat ...pretty darn good.
Yes, I am quite pleased. I really need to spend more time analyzing myself in the mirror and comparing to photos - I think that would better help me make as far as making dietary and training decisions.

Yes but many low carb diets are higher in fat like CKD ... Carb cycling is different you are counting on those higher carb days cuz your not necessarily going to be eating a higher percentage of fat.
Very true.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, I am quite pleased. I really need to spend more time analyzing myself in the mirror and comparing to photos - I think that would better help me make as far as making dietary and training decisions.
That is tough to do when it's your own photos...

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
That is pretty great consideringyou look virtually the same size with greater definition. Awesome job.:147:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great improvement. It's very noticeable in every positive way.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Awesome review brother! Pleasure to have you logging a product for us!