Resolve's a Speed(V2)-Freak! Partially-Sponsored LG Stack Log

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i really do wish i can eat carbs, i mean its really a freaking hassle at the dinner table,

i mean i try to avoid being invited to dinners because i become distraction because of my more unusual eating habits and when i travel to china to see my family (marriage to chinese girl) they REALLY think im wierd that i wont even eat rice. my next trip there will be harder because now i avoid oil drenched slopped (to reduce overall calories) and high sodium foods (for less water weight) now which cutting that has really kicked my fat loss (im getting better at low carb dieting)

since i fine tuned low carb dieting, cut calories and quantity of food (i lost it back in 07 lazy training and eating more than i needed) out last febuary of 2008 i dropped from 211 down to 171 today with the help of supplements. im never hungry.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Low-carb diets and myself have a love-hate relationship. I feel great mentally, look solid and dense, but strength is usually lacking, as well as the ability to add any size at all.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
back in 06 i decided to mass up and get stronger and made GREAT all natural gains. in fact it became my MOST strongest period of my life) you just have to eat more and take 2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight. take whey pre-workout, 50 grams post workout, protein before bed, whey 1st thing am and eat lots of steak and eggs. dont forget the veggies. i gained some fat while doing that but my goal was to get mass and it worked great.

did you eat enough?

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
back in 06 i decided to mass up and get stronger and made GREAT all natural gains. in fact it became my MOST strongest period of my life) you just have to eat more and take 2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight. take whey pre-workout, 50 grams post workout, protein before bed, whey 1st thing am and eat lots of steak and eggs. dont forget the veggies. i gained some fat while doing that but my goal was to get mass and it worked great.

did you eat enough?
I'm only 130lbs. I have no idea what I'm doing. I just works out hard.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
W\o looks great bro, lots of volume, that chest bomb tri set sounds scary:bigeyes:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
W\o looks great bro, lots of volume, that chest bomb tri set sounds scary:bigeyes:
Not as bad as it sounds, but it's hard to finish yes...

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Sure, some people are less insulin sensitive than others naturally, or more prone to adiposity. That's one aspect of genetics that can really suck.

:lol: You're sweet, DF - thanks :jester:

I have. If I took pre-workout, I'd get really hypo while lifting. When taken at other times of the day, I didn't notice anything. :sad3:
How many caps have you taken Resolve ? I've only ever taken it with pWO meals, 2 used to make me hypo but it was simply because I wasn't taking enough carbs. I'm glad I haven't tried it while lifting.

I had a workout on par with the last one, if not better! I'm feeling good, energetic and psyched in the gym now, and I'm loving it!

Supplement Updates:

SV2: I took my second dose about 20min after my workout, in conjunction with my post-workout shake. I like this much better than pre-workout for two reasons:
1. No nausea and 2. It provides a mental boost, transforming me back into a rationally-capable human being, up from a state of near neanderthalism. I kill myself in the gym, as most of you guys do too, but being able to step out of the weight room and return to the lab with a functional cerebrum is a real plus.
Very true.

Today's Workout:

Squats: 135 for 4x20
Leg Press: 380 for 4x20
Unilateral Seated Leg Curls: 100 for 4x12 ss'd w/BW Lunge for 4x15
Leg Extensions: 100 for 4x20

Weighted Dips: BW+25 x8, +35x8, +45x8, +65x8, +70x7 (and no hip pain!)

Chest Bomb Triset (steep incline press, dropped to low incline press, dropped to flat bench without rest, shooting for 8reps at each angle):
70lb DBs
Set 1: Steep x8, Low x8, Flat x7
Set 2: Steep x8, Low x6, Flat x4

Pec-deck pre-exhaust: 195 for 4x8 w/4sec eccentric
ss'd w/ Push-ups: 4x8

My recovery time between squats went down and I did weighted dips with a satisfactory amount of weight. I'm happy. Also, that "chest bomb" triset is something Dreamweaver shared in his log and I just had to try it. Wow. Humbling to say the least.
And folloiwing it up with push-ups pre-exhausted with pec-deck is crazy. I was intending to do plyometric push-ups, but try as I might, I didn't have the power left to accelerate myself off the floor. I'd push as hard and fast as I could and my hands refused to go airborn. But hey, my chest was already trashed, so I don't mind. :)
Quite satisfactory indeed :)

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3'5" actually.

And that picture was from 2007. I've gotten even fatter since then. I believe I was only 120 there.
Irish CannonBALL...crack me up bubba!!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's the whiskey, man. All I do is lug around a freaking pot of gold all day, trying to hide it from little punk kids. It's a pain in the butt.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So, had my Dr. appointment today - it doesn't look like I have a hernia or need surgery, thank God. My hip pain is most likely a minor tear in the connective tissue between my oblique and pelvis. I was much relieved, though it was suggested I stop lifting.

So, I'm gonna finish up this log (got about 10-14days left) and then take a good couple of weeks off. Then, hopefully, I can come back and again do all the movements I have been restricted from recently. Yay!

Supplement Thoughts:

SV2: Surprisingly, it doesn't look like SV2 has much, if any affect on my blood pressure. It was 120/60 at the Dr's, and my morning dose had already definitely kicked in. I was pleasantly surprised.
Also, the post-workout dose seems to be good for a couple hours of additional brain function, but I crashed at about 7 this evening when it wore off. Not surprising though, I had studied hard all day and lifted hard this afternoon, so my body was beat, even if my mind had been drugged into temporary alertness.

AS: Meh. No nausea - woohoo - and some good stamina for inter-set recovery. But not much else. Pretty much no pump, though this is probably due to diet.

T-911: Gotta love the libido increase from this stuff. Mood has been high too, another symptom I had during my last cycle.

Combat: Updating here on this now. Been using it post-workout and/or pre-bed. Today I just had it with my last meal, mixed some PB, Tahini and some stevia and froze it for about 1/2hr. So good. :food:

Today's Workout:

6x10 BW Chin-ups ss'd w/
6x12 BB Rows: 155

2x12 Unilateral Cable Rows: 80
2x12 Unilateral Supinated Pull-downs: 80

8x12 DB Curls: 40 ss'd w/
8x12 Smith French Press: 115

8x12 Reverse BB Curls: 80 for 4sets, 75 for 4sets
8x12 Reverse Triceps Ext: 110

4x12 Cable Upright Rows: 90

DB Delt Triset: Rear, Lateral and Front Raises, 4x12 each

Uni Seated Calf Raises: 90 for 1x15 w/5sec eccentric and 10sec at stretch-point between reps

Man, I don't know what the deal was, but my delts were not up to par today - those upright rows were what I intended to warmup with, but it was all I could handle. Those dips yesterday must've taken it out of me.
The rows were disappointing too, but considering they were supersetted with chins, my lats and arms were already fatigued by the time I got to them. Not to mention my core is sub-standard currently.
Still, it was a worthwhile workout - I felt good and worked hard. Now I'm looking forward to my two days of recuperation.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's great news about your hip. I can only hope I have similar news...that is if I ever get to a doctor.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, I just received a phone call and, apparently, the head of the student health center disagreed with my Dr's diagnosis. She thinks I have a hernia. So guess who gets to go talk to a surgeon...

crap
Ick...Don't feel alone, man. At least you're on a path to getting it taken care of. I don't have any clue what my problem is. I may have a herniated disk for all I know. I'll give things another month before I really start worrying.

I was thinking this morning about all the stuff I can't do anymore: Heavy Squats, I can't do that cool thing where you're lying on the floor and you kick your legs up and land on your feet...Uhh, BB Hacks kinda hurt...I can't do backflips anymore. I can't do those no handed cartwheels...So basically if I get in a fight with a ninja, I'm screwed. - I was seriously able to do all that stuff before I hurt myself.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ick...Don't feel alone, man. At least you're on a path to getting it taken care of. I don't have any clue what my problem is. I may have a herniated disk for all I know. I'll give things another month before I really start worrying.

I was thinking this morning about all the stuff I can't do anymore: Heavy Squats, I can't do that cool thing where you're lying on the floor and you kick your legs up and land on your feet...Uhh, BB Hacks kinda hurt...I can't do backflips anymore. I can't do those no handed cartwheels...So basically if I get in a fight with a ninja, I'm screwed. - I was seriously able to do all that stuff before I hurt myself.
Wow, dude. I could never do any of that stuff - I've always sucked at doing things like that. Bummer that you can't anymore, but at least you could at one time!:afro:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow, dude. I could never do any of that stuff - I've always sucked at doing things like that. Bummer that you can't anymore, but at least you could at one time!:afro:
And I will again! ;) - I hate thinking in the "I've past my prime" mindset. I just feel so old...and at 22, I don't want to be feeling that. Hahaha.

Dude, quick question, do you know anything about dosing Horny Goat Weed? I bought it in place of Icariin as I heard it's actually a better extract. It will be here in about 30mins (my NP orders always come at around 11am) and I wanted to start dosing it today.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks like the recommend normal (non-bb'ing) dose is 500mg 2x/day, or 2g before a sexual encounter.

Bearing that in mind, I'd probably start dosing at 2g a day and adjust from there. Usually, things like this are drastically underdosed for our purposes.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So, today's an off day, but I stil hit the med-center weight room for some calf raises and wrist curls. My forearms and calves can always use some extra work, and I had 1/2 to kill before a meeting, so it worked out well.

The weight room there is an interesting place - rather than having a buttload of douchebags executing bad curls and half bench presses, it's just a bunch of skinny fat dorks doing swiss ball crunches. These are all drs and med students, but not one of them exhibits any kind of actual fitness knowledge. And, unfortunately, it's because they simply aren't taught it. As helpful as nutritional and fitness knowledge would be for an MD, it is simply outside of medical dogma. It's a real tragedy.

Changing subjects, today I really noticed the energy boosting capacity of SV2. Like, a LOT. For some reason, I was dead on my feet by 1pm, so I took my second dose a bit early and it made a world of difference. I was copacetic in about 20min and able to really focus on the experiment I was in the middle of.

Carb cravings have finally set in. A lab down the hall was having pizza, and it was all I could do not to viking-raid their nerdy faces. This temptation was heightened by the fact that they were all rather small asians, and not of the ninja variety, so the raid would have been quite effortless. :D

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Perhaps they were shoalin monks, in which case I belive you would have regretted that decision.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Resolve...So my dad watches TV every night. He normally watches History Channel or Discovery. I walked in the living room the other night and he was watching Wayne's World. :lol:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The weight room there is an interesting place - rather than having a buttload of douchebags executing bad curls and half bench presses, it's just a bunch of skinny fat dorks doing swiss ball crunches. These are all drs and med students, but not one of them exhibits any kind of actual fitness knowledge. And, unfortunately, it's because they simply aren't taught it. As helpful as nutritional and fitness knowledge would be for an MD, it is simply outside of medical dogma. It's a real tragedy.
Don't get me started ... then when these guys become doctors they will be the first ones to give you bad advice about general health and fitness. :18:

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Perhaps they were shoalin monks, in which case I belive you would have regretted that decision.
:lol: Shaolin-monk/research scientists would be the deadliest combo ever - "I give you cancer as I kick your ass!"

Resolve...So my dad watches TV every night. He normally watches History Channel or Discovery. I walked in the living room the other night and he was watching Wayne's World. :lol:
Sounds like my kinda guy - me thinks me likes your dad! :approve:

Don't get me started ... then when these guys become doctors they will be the first ones to give you bad advice about general health and fitness. :18:
You speak the truth unfortunately. Most doctors won't even recognize the valid therapeutic value of some supplements because, according to modern medical dogma, "if you can't prescribe it, it doesn't work."

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what i would really need to know before i bought this product is, how much geranium is in each cap?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what i would really need to know before i bought this product is, how much geranium is in each cap?
That's a question I'm sure one of our helpful LG reps can answer.

I haven't had any difficulty with geranium in the past, and SV2 is no different - hasn't given me any trouble as far as that is concerned. Are you particularly sensitive to geranamines?

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established

I haven't had any difficulty with geranium in the past, and SV2 is no different - hasn't given me any trouble as far as that is concerned. Are you particularly sensitive to geranamines?
Need to get Eric to comment on amounts ;)

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

i never took geranium before, but im looking for a caffeine/ephedra free stim. it would be nice to cycle off of caffeine once in a while and the added ingredients have me leaning towards speed v2.

this would be my first experience with it and it would be nice to find out my tolerance level to this powerful ingredient.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i never took geranium before, but im looking for a caffeine/ephedra free stim. it would be nice to cycle off of caffeine once in a while and the added ingredients have me leaning towards speed v2.

this would be my first experience with it and it would be nice to find out my tolerance level to this powerful ingredient.
Ok, cool. Geranium is good stuff - I'll actually be interested to know just how much is in SV2 myself. :afro:

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, cool. Geranium is good stuff - I'll actually be interested to know just how much is in SV2 myself. :afro:
thats all i ask, just how much geranium. im not asking for the breakdown of the whole product.

i wonder if geranium oil is standardized in different percentages so please clarify LG thanks.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, I had a busy week and so was happy to spend a fairly relaxing weekend with my wife. BW's been working nights primarily, so, during the week it seems as though I get home from school and kiss her goodbye. So, we caught-up on our time together somewhat. It was very nice.

I've lifted both yesterday and today, and I'm fairly pleased with the way things went.

Supplement Thoughts:
SV2: Yesterday I didn't have my seond dose, simply because I was off bbq'ing and swimming and didn't have access to my stash. Today, though, I was able to pop a 2nd dose post-w/o. I'd probably be asleep right now if not for it - I was dead on my feet after today's lifting session.

AS and T-911: I'm commenting on these in tandem today because I feel that they are really complementing each other well. I may have set two PRs this weekend, so it seems like, in those movements that I am able to handle heavy loads I am seeing strength gains despite my caloric deficit. It's definitely AS/T-911 working together. I experienced drastic increases in strength last time I used T-911, but honestly I was only hoping to retain strength with this run as I am cutting, but I am happy to be proven wrong. Additionally, as today I got to eat carbs, I actually had a solid and enjoyable pump going through all my movements - I tip my hat to AS for helping with that.

Yesterday's Workout:

Bench Press: 315x6, x5, x5, x4, x4 (PR for reps)

Smith Squats: 135 x25, x20, x20, x20

Leg Press: 380 for 4x20

Chest Bomb: 3 trisets, 55lb DBs w/4sec negatives
x10, x10, x8
x10, x8, x7
x10, x7, x5

Cable Flies: 60lb Per Arm for 4x12
ss'd w/BW Speed Squats: 4x20

Towel Push-ups: 3x10

Leg Ext Triple Dropset: 160x10 + 130x5 +100x5 for 3sets
ss'd w/Seated Leg Curl Triple Dropset: 175x10 + 140x5 + 100x5

I was surprised by my bench - the best I have ever done is 5x4 with 315, so to suddenly blow by that was very cool. Additionally, I felt that my form was exceptional and my tempo very controlled, around 2-3sec eccentric with about a 2sec concentric (which was as fast as I could press it up). Regarding the squats, I decided that I don't want to do anything that might aggravate my injury until a course of action for that issue is clear. Even though light squats don't seem to be worsening it, I don't want to take any chances.

Today's Workout:

Pronate-grip Cable Rows: 290 for 6x4
ss'd w/Seated Shoulder Press: 100lb DBs x6, x5, x5, 95lb Dbs x5, x5 (maybe a PR)

BW Wide-Grip Pull-Ups: x12, x12, x12, x12, x10, x10, x10, x12

Seated Hammer Curls: 45lb DBs for 8x12
ss'd w/Skull Crushers: 90 for 8x12

Cable BB Curls: 110 for 8x12
ss'd w/Unilateral Cable Tris: 50 for 8x12

Delt Triset: 3x12

BW was very excited when I shoulder pressed the 100s and is pretty sure that is a PR for me, but I sort of remember putting the 100s up before, fairly recently. Either way, I've met or exceeded my previous best, and that is definitely something to be glad for.

I've seen some good vascularity increases in my shoulders and I'm even gaining some in my right arm, which always seems to be the last place to show any veins. So, parts of me are getting leaner. I think my gut has thinned out somewhat too. I'm weighing in around 241 in the morning on an empty stomach, and still about 245 post-workout.

Also, next Saturday is my birthday and will mark the end of this diet. My birthday is one of the few days a year where I throw all dietary caution to the wind and eat whatever the heck I want. I'm already planning on some pop-tarts, pizza, bourbon, tater tots and ice cream, plus a nice dinner at a restaurant BW and I will pick. Only 6 days 'til then - the count down is on!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had the same experience on T-911, only it was the weight gain, in the absence of a caloric increase.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
w\o looks awsome bro, new pr on the reps is outstanding, 315x6 is great. Sounds like there is some added torque in your lifts now. Smart idea being careful with squats, no need to prolong the injury.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
w\o looks awsome bro, new pr on the reps is outstanding, 315x6 is great. Sounds like there is some added torque in your lifts now. Smart idea being careful with squats, no need to prolong the injury.
There really is. If I were squatting and dl'ing heavy, I'm sure there'd be lots of PR-goodness in those lifts as well. T-911 really packs a punch as far as power is concerned. My injury should be all taken care of by my next run of it, so that should mean a serious oly lift comeback for Resolve.

Oh, and Craig, yeah - back home in CA I've got a cadre of guys who can't wait to be old enough to make the best use of T-911. Also turned a couple of older gyms buddies onto it there. When you're the only guy in the gym who can dead 500, and you hit that record while on T-911, it gets noticed. :D

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There really is. If I were squatting and dl'ing heavy, I'm sure there'd be lots of PR-goodness in those lifts as well. T-911 really packs a punch as far as power is concerned. My injury should be all taken care of by my next run of it, so that should mean a serious oly lift comeback for Resolve.

Oh, and Craig, yeah - back home in CA I've got a cadre of guys who can't wait to be old enough to make the best use of T-911. Also turned a couple of older gyms buddies onto it there. When you're the only guy in the gym who can dead 500, and you hit that record while on T-911, it gets noticed. :D
You're originally from CA?

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

I've been pimping LG in my gym and at work as well. I still don't think any of the guys have tried T-911 yet, though. I always talk it up, but SLIN has been the most popular for them all.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Resolve, are you noticing much difference between the reformulated T-911 and the original?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You're originally from CA?

Yeah, I'm like the poster child for SoCal - born in OC, grew-up in San Diego and Temecula, and then went to school in LA. CA will always feel like home to me. People out here in TX call it "Cali", like that's what natives call it or something - it rather irks me. :p

Resolve, are you noticing much difference between the reformulated T-911 and the original?
Sadly, my bottle of the new formula won't be coming for another couple of weeks, so I'm using what's left of my old bottle.

On the plus side, though, that means that I should be all healed up by the time I start my log for the new version!:18:

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established

Ah VERY good :)

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
I have yet to pick this up, the reviews are outstanding for sure!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your using the new formulation of T-911 right ? I am curious to see how it compares to the older as this version does not appear to have any banned substances in it. That means I can use it.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Your using the new formulation of T-911 right ? I am curious to see how it compares to the older as this version does not appear to have any banned substances in it. That means I can use it.
He is using the old version, but he will be getting the new version as soon as LG restocks ;)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He is using the old version, but he will be getting the new version as soon as LG restocks ;)
So why did the formulation change ?

How should the new stack up against the old ?