Prayer Request Thread

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Please include me/my daughter/this reconciliation in your prayers' sepcifically that God will give me the strength to focus on my daughter's hurt and feelings; ignoring the inaccuracy of the distorted views provided to her by her mother.

This is a major breakthrough.

Thanks be to God.
You're a good man. Will do.

nightshift

nightshift

Awards
As some of you know.the fabric of my family hangs by a thread.Please my friends. pray to whatever God you believe in that I find the strength to hold my family together and ease my vengeful heart.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
As some of you know.the fabric of my family hangs by a thread.Please my friends. pray to whatever God you believe in that I find the strength to hold my family together and ease my vengeful heart.
You will be in my prayers tonight. And, for the record, I pray to God, the One who sent Jesus to die for our sins.

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
Prayers for peace are en route.

If you are interested, pm me, I have a great book that deals with this issue and may be of interest.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Prayer has saved me many times. My father once reminded me of something when our family was inches from collapse, bankruptcy, and essentially being homeless. He said that God will lead us to the edge of the red sea over and over again, only to prove and remind us that through Him all things are possible. He will lead you to the edge of life only to save you again. With him there is no impossible. I am remind myself of this every single day.

My generic nightly prayer usually goes something like this:
Lord thank you for this day and all you have blessed me with. Tonight I pray that you continue to bless me, my family, my friends, those who seek you and those who don't.

supersize77

supersize77

Awards
  • Established
I just want to say that prayer allowed my battalion to make it through a seven month combat tour in Iraq with NO KIA...it is truly miraculous, one of the most amazing things I have ever experienced and primarily due, I believe, to the power of prayer. All praise, honor, and glory to Jesus Christ.

rusty319

Awards
I don't post here often, but I just came across this thread. My father is going to get one of his heart valves replaced on July 15th. He is 71 and has congestive heart failure and COPD. the doctors are concerned about his coming out of the anesthesia all right. I ask for prayers that the surgery is successful and for full recovery. I further ask for prayer that he come to faith in Christ as he is a non-believer.

Thanks and God's blessings upon you.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for joining in men. Prayer and praise all around.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I need to ask a favor. It is now almost 100% certain that I will be meeting with my daughter’s counselor and my daughter on Friday, July 11th at 5:00. Except for a very brief meeting on October 5, 2007 and an approximate 90 second discussion on Father’s Day - this will be the first time I will have seen her since September 3, 2007.

OK Kids – this is hard to admit – but I am scared out of my wits. I know, based on conversations I’ve had with my daughter’s counselor, that the first meeting will involve me being told about all of the bad things I’ve ever done; how I am supposedly responsible for my ex-wife’s affairs and decision to leave, and the counselor says most of these things are based on her mother’s self-serving fabrication. Still, I will need to sit there, absorb everything and try to understand my daughter’s feelings regardless of the validity of what she has to say (i.e., separating the truth of her feelings, from her mother’s fiction). That is the only important thing at this point – that my daughter “sees” that I understand. On top of this, the counselor tells me that my daughter will be on the lookout for anything that might suggest to my daughter that she “was right all along” to avoid me – meaning she is predisposed towards coming to the conclusion that it was right for her to stay away from me – this being done to help reduce my daughter’s own guilt over siding with her mother and having chosen to stay away from me for over 10 months. So, I’ll simultaneously have to listen to what a bad guy I’ve supposedly been, while understanding my daughter’s feelings and do these things while looking composed, natural and remorseful.

I honestly don’t think I can do this on my own strength, and am asking that you keep this situation in your prayers – especially between now and then.

This is such a meaningful and pivotal event in my life – I would really appreciate your support.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Good luck Beau!!

She should have a chance to have her say, but in fairness your daughter is old enough to hear the truth and your side of it as well. And also to hear that you have missed her and didnt want her in the middle of it and that you can't wait for the day she decides to come back in to your life. And that you will be there for her when she is ready.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I need to ask a favor. It is now almost 100% certain that I will be meeting with my daughter’s counselor and my daughter on Friday, July 11th at 5:00. Except for a very brief meeting on October 5, 2007 and an approximate 90 second discussion on Father’s Day - this will be the first time I will have seen her since September 3, 2007.

OK Kids – this is hard to admit – but I am scared out of my wits. I know, based on conversations I’ve had with my daughter’s counselor, that the first meeting will involve me being told about all of the bad things I’ve ever done; how I am supposedly responsible for my ex-wife’s affairs and decision to leave, and the counselor says most of these things are based on her mother’s self-serving fabrication. Still, I will need to sit there, absorb everything and try to understand my daughter’s feelings regardless of the validity of what she has to say (i.e., separating the truth of her feelings, from her mother’s fiction). That is the only important thing at this point – that my daughter “sees” that I understand. On top of this, the counselor tells me that my daughter will be on the lookout for anything that might suggest to my daughter that she “was right all along” to avoid me – meaning she is predisposed towards coming to the conclusion that it was right for her to stay away from me – this being done to help reduce my daughter’s own guilt over siding with her mother and having chosen to stay away from me for over 10 months. So, I’ll simultaneously have to listen to what a bad guy I’ve supposedly been, while understanding my daughter’s feelings and do these things while looking composed, natural and remorseful.

I honestly don’t think I can do this on my own strength, and am asking that you keep this situation in your prayers – especially between now and then.

This is such a meaningful and pivotal event in my life – I would really appreciate your support.
I preface this with the utmost respect - it is all your fault. Meaning if you claim with all of your heart to be the head of your family than own it - all of it. Every bit of it. I am not suggesting guilt. What I am suggesting is redemption for all from all of it. Submit yourself in humility as the sacrifice for those who are worth dieing for. Remember that an innocent man freely accepted death for you. Remember!

Your daughter will learn about the man you are and the God you believe in by the way you respond to accusations, true or false. Be that man.

To be meek - Definitions from Dictionary.com is one thing. I understand by the example of your God that meekness has even greater definition - power under restraint.

BibleGateway.com - Passage Lookup: Matthew 5:3-12;

I think you understand what I mean. I am posting this to be a tool of empowerment. You and I are empowered to be sacrifices as well as witness. Even more a witness is our sacrifice.

You will be in my prayer.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I preface this with the utmost respect - it is all your fault. Meaning if you claim with all of your heart to be the head of your family than own it - all of it. Every bit of it. I am not suggesting guilt. What I am suggesting is redemption for all from all of it. Submit yourself in humility as the sacrifice for those who are worth dieing for. Remember that an innocent man freely accepted death for you. Remember!

Your daughter will learn about the man you are and the God you believe in by the way you respond to accusations, true or false. Be that man.

To be meek - Definitions from Dictionary.com is one thing. I understand by the example of your God that meekness has even greater definition - power under restraint.

BibleGateway.com - Passage Lookup: Matthew 5:3-12;

I think you understand what I mean. I am posting this to be a tool of empowerment. You and I are empowered to be sacrifices as well as witness. Even more a witness is our sacrifice.

You will be in my prayer.
Yes, I agree. And I tried to be the head of the family, and yet the family unit failed despite my best efforts and continued attempts to glorify God during awful times. I struggle with that. I realize that I need to be humble and be willing to die for my family, and I am trying on that front as well; although it hurts to receive false allegations. It hurts, emotionally and also financially. I realize that God gave my wife the free will she used to sleep with other men. I realize that I control only what I do, say think and how I behave. She has to own her behaviors.

In all I do, I want to glorify God. The rest of the hurts (meaning my own), I'll take - but I am grieving the hurts experienced by my children. I miss having my family in-tact; and it hurts that it will never again be in-tact.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
First, I just want to say that I think it is great what we have going here. It is such a comfort to know that there are fellow believers on here that experience the same struggles in life.

Right now I am experiencing a major trial in my life. My mom is experiencing what we believe is "Brief Psychotic Disorder." http://www.webmd.com/schizophrenia/guide/mental-health-brief-psychotic-disorder

My mom is a woman who cares deeply about her family, she spends every waking moment thinking about the well-being of all of us. It has gotten to the point now that all of these different worries in life have gotten the best of her. I know God will pull us through this, its just very hard to see my mom in this condition. So please please keep her in your prayers and tell fellow believers to also lift her up. Her name is Dorothy.

I thank all of you guys in advance from the bottom of my heart.

God Bless
Daryl

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is not unusual. Please don't be hesitant to have her see a doctor. Seriously. There is no need for her to suffer when there is help for short term or long term management of this very common issue.

Prayer is very powerful. Medical treatment is as well. Do both when necessary.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Thanks B. We have her scheduled for a doctor appointment tomorrow at 11:30. This is not the first time this has happened. A couple of years ago she experienced the same thing. For a while doctors thought she was having mini strokes, and that they were the reason for the delusions and such. Eventually, a doctor came in and said that he believed she was suffering from Brief Psychotic Disorder. They then prescribed to her a anti-psychotic medicine called Risperdal, which is supposed to help end the brief psychotic disorder faster. So a few days ago when she was showing signs of this, we started her back of the medication. Since then she has shown signs of improvement, but last night it started back up again.

So keep my family and I in your prayers as we goto the doctors tomorrow.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
...So keep my family and I in your prayers as we goto the doctors tomorrow.
Her symptoms must be pretty severe to warrant Risperdal. Even if you don't understand the things she's expressing, it is very real in her mind, so let her know you still believe in her anyway, even if you don't perceive what she does. Our belief in one another is what insures winning results, and I'm betting she may feel very frightened and alone right now in this experience. Your mother is in our prayers brother, and our God is just and able to respond faithfully as He knows best, so keep faith and this trial will yield great endurance for all involved.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A friend of mine from work 24yo wife had ovarian cancer. She went into the hospital July1 first to have it removed. When the went to remove it they discovered it spread on her bladder, kidney, and large intestine(in a matter of 4 weeks) During the surgery they were able to remove most of the cancer and were going to give her chemo 2 weeks later. Four days before the chemo was to start , she contracted a flesh -eating bacteria which caused a 3 week delay and many skin grafts. During the whole period she was in high spirit ~ even sending us picture text at work of her infected area. BUT in the last 5 days she took a turn for the worst and died this morning at 5:15am. She was only 24 yo and he is 28- the just had their first wedding anniversary on July 7............He is going thru a terrible difficult time so I ask you guys keep him in your prayers.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Wow....I dont believe I didn't know about this thread....

my prayer list just got bigger.

Some things in life cant be eased no matter what is said. It is during this silence that we are challenged to find ourselves. And it is during this time, that we are weak, that we begin to truly understand that he is strong.

I pray you each find inner strength and peace. To those who asked for themselves, and for those who asked for others.

God Bless

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
...He is going thru a terrible difficult time so I ask you guys keep him in your prayers.
Yeah, I can imagine he is. He must be a very strong man for God to test this way, and I won't even pretend to understand "why". I used to question a lot, but it's just not knowable when such devastation occurs. God promises that His grace is sufficient if we just choose to trust Him, but this is still a very sad story. I can't help but share in his pain. Your friend is certainly in our prayers.

manny1010

Awards
  • Established
Wow....did not know this thread existed. Lets continue with prayer request.

I will be getting married Dec. 20th. God will be the foundation in my marriage. Please keep me and my fiance in prayer that we make the right choices as we become one. Make the right choices as in, where to live. administer the finances properly and all the personal sacrifices of things that we have to let go.

This thread is amazing. Blessings.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
I didnt know of this thread.

I am a recovering addict and alcoholic. Faith has blessed me with 10+ years.

Prayers are a part of my daily life.

PS.
I would really like to see an AA/NA/Faith(non-denomination) based subforum.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
... I would really like to see an AA/NA/Faith(non-denomination) based subforum.

You ain't alone brother. I'd love to see a subforum here too, for those who want to help and support others with prayer and encouragement. If SHTF anytime soon it would serve us well to have a strong prayer team already in place.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
You ain't alone brother. I'd love to see a subforum here too, for those who want to help and support others with prayer and encouragement. If SHTF anytime soon it would serve us well to have a strong prayer team already in place.
that sounds like a very good idea,bro.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
So what do you say Brian, can you get us a sub-forum? I think it could be quite valuable in the days to come. Not just to us spiritualist, but to every member. We need a place to talk and exchange information, those of a like mind.

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
bumping this one because I'd like to see it stay up.

84bandit

hey guys. i wanted u to kno ur in my prayers, and i wanted u to pray for me, im really fighting with lust and my language (two hardest things for a lot of people)

and im applying to west point and the naval academy, i was wondering if u could keep my applications in your prayers, and that i would follow gods path in my life

and also, pray for our leaders, that they would see us through this tough economic time.

nofx4110

nofx4110

Awards
Pray for humanity to let God deal with matters beyond their control.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
This thread is probably one of the best on this site! I love the info on supps, diet, training, but the most important to me is this one... a thread that someone started - because they had a need for prayer - THANK YOU!

This is my first post on this site. Until now. I never felt compelled to comment on others posts - although I really appreciate all of the information I garnered from others breadth of knowledge - I always have felt that posting online is somewhat a very 'detached' way of bonding with real people - but this thread has really gotten me thinking I am wrong.

At least those all have a common bond - being 'brothers and sisters in Christ' - for those that are believers.

I actually got online to do some research on some test boosters... and I ran across a ' prayer request' thread... I have just read through 6 pages of posts about people - I just couldn't stop reading them... I am a happy person, but I am battling despair in my life - a spiritual warfare battle every day... and then I read about people like me with real needs - a thread that was encouraging others through prayer, Bible verses etc - and I can honestly say- I have been really ministered to - So I just wanted to say THANK YOU.

I am hoping you will continuing reading my post - I have a prayer request of my own - and could really use some love, support, and your prayers right now in my life. Thank you in advance.

I will try and be as clear as possible - I am going to just start typing and let it flow... so please bear with me.

I was raised in a christian home, but spent many of my 20's not following the Lord - and as I look back - I have no idea why I didn't end up 6 ft under on so many occasions - it is because I survived some really stupid situations that I believe the Lord has great things planned for me ... but I am beginning to think otherwise.

I met my wife when I was 23 - she honestly saved my life - and together we rededicated our lives to Christ - but it has been a tremendous struggle for me - I waiver so much more freqently than my wife - who didn't grow up in the church - she really does keep me accountable - but I just can't seem to get past feeling like God is laughing at me - and just doesn't care - I know that is totally against what is in the Bible - more than anything I think it is my never ending frustration because of my struggle with what is going on in my life right now.

I am a 35 yr old male and I am struggling with my ability to take care of my wife and daughter - as a man should - to provide for the household.

I was laid off from a good job in 2004 - I was a marketing mgr for a high tech company during the .com days before the bust in the Silicon Valley - got laid off - and have yet to find another decent paying job that removes the burden of 'bread winner' off my wife's shoulders - something that she should never have had to bear.

My wife loves me dearly - and I know it - but she has told me on countless occassions she has 'come to terms' and lost any hope I will ever get a job again - I have never given up hope - but to look for a job for 4 years - and NEVER get one - I can't help but to start to believe her - I HATE THIS FEELING. She has become very emotionally detached from me, and that whole 'husband wife' dynamic is just not the same anymore... I know when she looks at me - she loves me - but I know she can't help but see an ' inadequate' husband... Why would God want this for my life??

I just don't get it- I can't get a decent corporate job - or any job for that matter - and I have no idea why I can't get hired - thousands of people like me suffered the consequences being in the high tech arena - but have managed to get hired - oh there are jobs - but the majority of the companies I have contacted have not given me the time of day.

My skills and education are competitive ... but that just doesn't seem to matter. Yes I have tried using my connections, and have applied for jobs all over the country - but I have just keep hitting the brick wall time and time again at mach 5 - I have resorted to applying for jobs in all industries - retail, health care, corporate, small businesses - but most of the time - I am told I am 'over qualified ' or under qualified - so I am left with nothing but a consistent feeling of total and utter confusion and frustration in my life.

WHY IS GOD DOING THIS TO ME? WHY IS MY WIFE AND DAUGHTER MADE TO SUFFER -

Over the course of the last 4.5 years I have been on hundreds of interviews, sent out countless resumes - and have spent countless days shaking my fist at God. But I have also spent countless hours praising God, praying for wisdom, and patience. Praying that God will give me wisdom, guidance, but also provide me with a job.

I realize this ' so called ' journey over the past few years hasn't been all a loss - I have grown in the Lord - but I can grow in the Lord - and be employed at the same time - that would be nice too. I know that - HIS TIME is not always on my timeline - and He does have a plan for me - but I am so ' tired ' of putting all this enormous effort looking for a job - WITH NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT!

It seems that my prayers, tears, loneliness, despair, and frustration with the situation is always falling on His seemingly deaf ears. Don't get me wrong - I love the Lord, and have faith that He as a plan for my life - but at what cost - while God is taking his time - guiding my life - He ultimately has control of every outcome in my life - but my wife and daughter suffer - I never wanted this for them. We have a nice 'life' but I ALWAYS FEEL INADEQUATE... I just want to 'feel' like a man - and being Mr. Mom - I never do - despite my outside interests of electronic gadgets, working out, and fixing things...

I don't know what to do ... except beg for other believers in Christ to pray for me. I need prayer for the following:

-Patience
-Guidence
-Wisdom
-That the Lord opens up 'doors' for me that allow me to become gainfully employed once again...
-MOST IMPORTANTLY For my wife, who is mentally, physically, and spiritually getting very, very tired -

Your prayers, and encouraging words are appreciated and a blessing to me -

Thank you in advance. And may the Lord Bless you all.

Regards and Yours in Christ,

Brian
amen brother!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So what do you say Brian, can you get us a sub-forum? I think it could be quite valuable in the days to come. Not just to us spiritualist, but to every member. We need a place to talk and exchange information, those of a like mind.
Here's what I would like to see and then we can see where that goes - continue to REGULARLY keep this thread and others like it active. This will demonstrate a true need for such a sub-forum.

As you know, myself and a few others have taken some bold steps in faith and shared and posted some pretty candid stuff about our past, present and our relationships with the Lord throughout those times. As one individual I do my best when I can to witness here and at work and in my community. It is much more than a one man job. Although I recognize that I may have influence here at AM from a position standpoint, I do have that position for a purpose, and that purpose at times is board business, which can be pretty conflicting at times, requiring some discernment and neutrality.

Keep in mind that issues of ideology, denomination, superstition, and or perverted versions of such can be a source of tremendous conflicts once the flood gates are opened. Things of that nature tend to be a generate much sensitive, insensitivity and at times hostility. It becomes a monster from and administrative standpoint.

I will be in prayer about this. The recent responses to this thread are a blessing, as like many men, I too struggle with issues of inadequacy in my witness and service for the Lord as well as the spiritual head of my home a father and husband.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Original opening post:
This is not a faith debate thread. This is not a God debate thread.

Insensitivity, mockery and disrespect will not be tolerated in this thread.

If you got 'em, post them. You don't believe in God or a god or prayer give it to someone who does and let them do so on your behalf.

The world if full of hurting, lost, confused, broken, helpless and hopeless, fearful and lonely men, woman, boys, girls, sons, daughters, mothers, fathers, grandmothers and grandfathers.

At this very moment in our very own midst there are those who suffer from and struggle with addiction and alcoholism, physical and psychological handicaps, disease, guilt, shame, victims (and perpetrators) of sexual, physical emotional and psychological abuse, divorce, abandonment, rejection and the pain of lost friends and loved ones who are desperate for hope, trust, understanding, forgiveness, peace and comfort.

I am one. How about you?

84bandit

This thread is probably one of the best on this site! I love the info on supps, diet, training, but the most important to me is this one... a thread that someone started - because they had a need for prayer - THANK YOU!

This is my first post on this site. Until now. I never felt compelled to comment on others posts - although I really appreciate all of the information I garnered from others breadth of knowledge - I always have felt that posting online is somewhat a very 'detached' way of bonding with real people - but this thread has really gotten me thinking I am wrong.

At least those all have a common bond - being 'brothers and sisters in Christ' - for those that are believers.

I actually got online to do some research on some test boosters... and I ran across a ' prayer request' thread... I have just read through 6 pages of posts about people - I just couldn't stop reading them... I am a happy person, but I am battling despair in my life - a spiritual warfare battle every day... and then I read about people like me with real needs - a thread that was encouraging others through prayer, Bible verses etc - and I can honestly say- I have been really ministered to - So I just wanted to say THANK YOU.

I am hoping you will continuing reading my post - I have a prayer request of my own - and could really use some love, support, and your prayers right now in my life. Thank you in advance.

I will try and be as clear as possible - I am going to just start typing and let it flow... so please bear with me.

I was raised in a christian home, but spent many of my 20's not following the Lord - and as I look back - I have no idea why I didn't end up 6 ft under on so many occasions - it is because I survived some really stupid situations that I believe the Lord has great things planned for me ... but I am beginning to think otherwise.

I met my wife when I was 23 - she honestly saved my life - and together we rededicated our lives to Christ - but it has been a tremendous struggle for me - I waiver so much more freqently than my wife - who didn't grow up in the church - she really does keep me accountable - but I just can't seem to get past feeling like God is laughing at me - and just doesn't care - I know that is totally against what is in the Bible - more than anything I think it is my never ending frustration because of my struggle with what is going on in my life right now.

I am a 35 yr old male and I am struggling with my ability to take care of my wife and daughter - as a man should - to provide for the household.

I was laid off from a good job in 2004 - I was a marketing mgr for a high tech company during the .com days before the bust in the Silicon Valley - got laid off - and have yet to find another decent paying job that removes the burden of 'bread winner' off my wife's shoulders - something that she should never have had to bear.

My wife loves me dearly - and I know it - but she has told me on countless occassions she has 'come to terms' and lost any hope I will ever get a job again - I have never given up hope - but to look for a job for 4 years - and NEVER get one - I can't help but to start to believe her - I HATE THIS FEELING. She has become very emotionally detached from me, and that whole 'husband wife' dynamic is just not the same anymore... I know when she looks at me - she loves me - but I know she can't help but see an ' inadequate' husband... Why would God want this for my life??

I just don't get it- I can't get a decent corporate job - or any job for that matter - and I have no idea why I can't get hired - thousands of people like me suffered the consequences being in the high tech arena - but have managed to get hired - oh there are jobs - but the majority of the companies I have contacted have not given me the time of day.

My skills and education are competitive ... but that just doesn't seem to matter. Yes I have tried using my connections, and have applied for jobs all over the country - but I have just keep hitting the brick wall time and time again at mach 5 - I have resorted to applying for jobs in all industries - retail, health care, corporate, small businesses - but most of the time - I am told I am 'over qualified ' or under qualified - so I am left with nothing but a consistent feeling of total and utter confusion and frustration in my life.

WHY IS GOD DOING THIS TO ME? WHY IS MY WIFE AND DAUGHTER MADE TO SUFFER -

Over the course of the last 4.5 years I have been on hundreds of interviews, sent out countless resumes - and have spent countless days shaking my fist at God. But I have also spent countless hours praising God, praying for wisdom, and patience. Praying that God will give me wisdom, guidance, but also provide me with a job.

I realize this ' so called ' journey over the past few years hasn't been all a loss - I have grown in the Lord - but I can grow in the Lord - and be employed at the same time - that would be nice too. I know that - HIS TIME is not always on my timeline - and He does have a plan for me - but I am so ' tired ' of putting all this enormous effort looking for a job - WITH NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT!

It seems that my prayers, tears, loneliness, despair, and frustration with the situation is always falling on His seemingly deaf ears. Don't get me wrong - I love the Lord, and have faith that He as a plan for my life - but at what cost - while God is taking his time - guiding my life - He ultimately has control of every outcome in my life - but my wife and daughter suffer - I never wanted this for them. We have a nice 'life' but I ALWAYS FEEL INADEQUATE... I just want to 'feel' like a man - and being Mr. Mom - I never do - despite my outside interests of electronic gadgets, working out, and fixing things...

I don't know what to do ... except beg for other believers in Christ to pray for me. I need prayer for the following:

-Patience
-Guidence
-Wisdom
-That the Lord opens up 'doors' for me that allow me to become gainfully employed once again...
-MOST IMPORTANTLY For my wife, who is mentally, physically, and spiritually getting very, very tired -

Your prayers, and encouraging words are appreciated and a blessing to me -

Thank you in advance. And may the Lord Bless you all.

Regards and Yours in Christ,

Brian

brian, i feel for u completely. i cant imagaine what it would be like to battle with dispair about things like that. the only advice i can give is to give it all to god, and ask him where he wants u to be, because this is the position where u will be happy. be it as "mr. mom" or as the breadwinner. its in gods hands, and u are in my prayers.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Wingman, keep the faith.

Prayers sent your way.

Welcome to AM.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
hey guys. i wanted u to kno ur in my prayers, and i wanted u to pray for me, im really fighting with lust and my language (two hardest things for a lot of people)

and im applying to west point and the naval academy, i was wondering if u could keep my applications in your prayers, and that i would follow gods path in my life

and also, pray for our leaders, that they would see us through this tough economic time.
Lust is a deadly trap! Be careful bro. I always ask myself, is it worth the price I'll pay for this, and would this thing I'm considering doing honor God? If I can't answer yes to both, I don't do it! You can sin and it may not kill you right away so you think you got away with it, but it'll cost you in the end guaranteed. Just keep that in mind when you make your choices. I have learned this lesson enough times to keep far away now, because it's true, you always pay more than it's worth.

As a rule of thumb, God saves the best for last. You get your biggest payoff in the end, eternal salvation. The devil works differently, he tempts you with the best up front and then you watch as the deal gets worse and worse over time. It's always fun in the beginning but it's pain in the end, that's how you recognize who's really at work. That fallen angel has tricked me and told me lies on more occasions that I can even count. Never again! Be wise to the tricks, lust is an illusion with an empty payoff my friend.

You are in my prays, be strong bandit and let us know how the interview goes. God bless all our military and servicemen!

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
... WHY IS GOD DOING THIS TO ME? WHY IS MY WIFE AND DAUGHTER MADE TO SUFFER ...
First of all, you are in my prayers! Sounds like several guys here will be praying for you. ;)

Second, it's futile to ask God why bad things happen to good people. Obviously, that doesn't add up in our logical human minds, but God sees the big picture and it makes sense to Him somehow. Sometimes, what we see as a curse is actually a blessing, and we don't realize it until the very last moment when it all clicks and we see the payoff!

When my wife left me, I was very lonely. I didn't feel like much of a man either. The loneliness and guilt were overwhelming. Court was tough, to fight so bitterly toward somebody you once lived with and raise your kids with, it was emotionally devastating at times. To be honest, I felt like a major failure. I would question God also. Why won't God send me a good woman, He's gotta know I really could use one, right? Of course He knows what we need, but He needed me to get back in touch with Him for awhile first, then He sent me an awesome woman beyond anything I had hoped for. It was a season of solitude in my life He needed me to go though for some reason, something I would not have expected but had to deal with.

In the same way, perhaps He has given you this time off for a specific purpose, not just to stress your family situation. Maybe you can't work and still do something much more important He's calling you to do right now. Or, maybe He has a different job set up for you, if your faith remains strong and you find peace with that choice in your life. Who knows, but no matter what, never quit and follow your heart! You can't go wrong like that, and the combined prayers of many righteous men avail much relief. Don't lose heart!

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
... Keep in mind that issues of ideology, denomination, superstition, and or perverted versions of such can be a source of tremendous conflicts once the flood gates are opened. Things of that nature tend to be a generate much sensitive, insensitivity and at times hostility. It becomes a monster from and administrative standpoint. ...
Yes Sir, understood. I know the potential issues. I was not thinking of a forum to debate religion so much as an ideas and information platform, for referencing other good sites and research on current events and how it pertains spiritually and practically these days. Plus, prayer requests would be an inherent part of such a forum I'd hope. It would be very neutral insomuch as you would not even visit it in the first place unless you were specifically seeking to research such knowledge.

Please do what you can my friend, and know your efforts are valuable and appreciated.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Wingman. It's easy to be Faithful and Honor GOD when things are going well. It's in times like these that you need to keep your faith strong. Prayers will be sent for you.
Dr. D! Always great to read your posts! And your posts in this thread are elegant in their simplicity and truth! This thread is one of the main reasons I consider this board my "home."

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Wingman. It's easy to be Faithful and Honor GOD when things are going well. It's in times like these that you need to keep your faith strong. Prayers will be sent for you.
Dr. D! Always great to read your posts! And your posts in this thread are elegant in their simplicity and truth! This thread is one of the main reasons I consider this board my "home."
well put..........reps sir.......

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Glad to see this thread back at the top.

I have a friend that needs some prayer. She found out today that her sister attempted suicide and was almost successful. The girl's young daughter found her and saved her. All I can do is pray for her family and if anyone else can do the same it is appreciated.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
Glad to see this thread back at the top.

I have a friend that needs some prayer. She found out today that her sister attempted suicide and was almost successful. The girl's young daughter found her and saved her. All I can do is pray for her family and if anyone else can do the same it is appreciated.
thank god!..they saved her.i hope she will be o.k!

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Praying for my friend who is having a hard time with his disability. Having two functional legs is a blessing, so be grateful.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes Sir, understood. I know the potential issues. I was not thinking of a forum to debate religion so much as an ideas and information platform, for referencing other good sites and research on current events and how it pertains spiritually and practically these days. Plus, prayer requests would be an inherent part of such a forum I'd hope. It would be very neutral insomuch as you would not even visit it in the first place unless you were specifically seeking to research such knowledge.

Please do what you can my friend, and know your efforts are valuable and appreciated.
I have been in thought and prayer regarding this matter and am hopeful to give it some more practical application consideration over the holiday and then present it to the boss for consideration.

I used to work a weekend shift that allowed me the benefit of a 15% differential hourly wage increase and the need to only work 36 hours (3-12's) to make 40 hours. In addition there was no lunch/break deduction. So ultimately I would work 33 hours (3-11's). Although we have been on a strict 40 hour week for many months it has been a challenge to be missing the overtime.

This last weekend they eliminated the weekend shift. This means that I took a 15% cut in wages right off the bat. Now I have to work a regular 40 hours, which in this case is 4-10's. That means 10.5 hours because there is no paid lunch/break.

Not to mention, I worked this weekend past for 3-12's and immediately followed it by beginning my new work week on Monday working my new shift. So I am on day 6 of my week already. Good news is the first three days of this week were/are 3-8's because we have holiday pay for Thursday and Friday.

My point is I am a little crispy right now with the hours I put in in contrast to what I am used to.

So in summary I just got hit with the recession in real time. A 15% cut in wages is considerable.

But there is a silver lining and a blessing to this. I am in a department/building/shift that is the cream of the crop position where I may be able to be more fulfilled and appreciated as well as have a more healthy work environment both socially, environmentally (noise, cleanliness, function) and ultimately spiritually.

I'm a bit burned out from the consecutive days. I am a bit discouraged by the cut in pay. I am trying to have a grateful spirit - that I did not take a 100% cut in pay - as I still have a job, where so many lost theirs or do not.

Suffice is to say I am in need of prayer as well. Right now I am at limited access to the board until I get my schedule and routine re-established.

I'll be back later this evening or this afternoon.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
your deff.in my prayers!.i see you been burning the midnight oil,(salt of the earth!):)

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
I give thanks daily to be employed and all the gifts our family has.

I pray very often for others who are not so lucky.

Like right now.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Just reading in this thread makes me feel greatfull for what I have. My thoughts and prayers are with all those who have asked for them.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have complete confidence that "He who has begun a good work in me will see it to completion".

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
I'm a bit burned out from the consecutive days. I am a bit discouraged by the cut in pay. I am trying to have a grateful spirit - that I did not take a 100% cut in pay - as I still have a job, where so many lost theirs or do not.
I'm thinking and praying for you brother, as I hope you would also do similarly. I've been placed On-Call this week and so far it hasn't been forgiving. Mental Health is always a rough time around holidays... I pray that I have a peaceful Thanksgiving.

I know this is a little Taboo to speak with such emotion on a message board, but your continued friendship means quite a bit to me. THAT, I am very thankful for. Your message on my cellphone helped enough to get me in the right frame of mind that I've saved it. This isn't anything more than my own father would say, yet somehow, coming from you makes for a world of difference. You have that kind of impact on me... God obviously left his mark. Keep tha faith and I will try to do much tha same. :)

nightshift

nightshift

Awards
This will be my first holiday without my kids. Some of you are familiar with this from my previous posts. My wife and I recently separated and my kids want to spend the holiday with their cousins on my wife's side. I understand that. I was invited but do not feel it is right for me to go considering all that has happened. As the day has gotten closer, the reality of this last year has really sunken in. I ask that you please keep me in your prayers. The holiday season is my favorite time of the year, but I can tell it's going to be a rough few weeks. Thanks

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm thinking and praying for you brother, as I hope you would also do similarly. I've been placed On-Call this week and so far it hasn't been forgiving. Mental Health is always a rough time around holidays... I pray that I have a peaceful Thanksgiving.

I know this is a little Taboo to speak with such emotion on a message board, but your continued friendship means quite a bit to me. THAT, I am very thankful for. Your message on my cellphone helped enough to get me in the right frame of mind that I've saved it. This isn't anything more than my own father would say, yet somehow, coming from you makes for a world of difference. You have that kind of impact on me... God obviously left his mark. Keep tha faith and I will try to do much tha same. :)
Thank you for allowing me to be significant in your life. It makes a difference in mine. :)

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
First, I just want to say that I think it is great what we have going here. It is such a comfort to know that there are fellow believers on here that experience the same struggles in life.

Right now I am experiencing a major trial in my life. My mom is experiencing what we believe is "Brief Psychotic Disorder." http://www.webmd.com/schizophrenia/guide/mental-health-brief-psychotic-disorder

My mom is a woman who cares deeply about her family, she spends every waking moment thinking about the well-being of all of us. It has gotten to the point now that all of these different worries in life have gotten the best of her. I know God will pull us through this, its just very hard to see my mom in this condition. So please please keep her in your prayers and tell fellow believers to also lift her up. Her name is Dorothy.

I thank all of you guys in advance from the bottom of my heart.

God Bless
Daryl
Thanks to all of your prayers and the grace of God my mom made a full recovery shortly after I posted this. Unfortunately it seems that she may have slipped into this situation again. It is far less frightening now that we pretty much have an understanding of what she is going through, but it is still tough to see her this way. We have her on the medicine that helped to get her through this last time, but we are going to increase the dose tomorrow since as of late she has just been on a maintenance dose.

Please keep my mom Dorothy in your prayers. I have faith that God will bring us through this again.

God Bless,
Daryl