I'm on Phosphatidic acid Ya'll

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Let me know when your ready to run two bottles of King?
Sounds good man. I guess it's a good thing I didn't give it a run while in Canada, since I wasn't exactly completely consistent with taking supplements this past month, so it wouldn't have really been a fair evaluation of how it compares to x (I'd say .750) grams of PA from the granules. I think I should take the granules consistently for about a month before I add in/replace some of it with King to give it the best comparison I can, so I'll let you know for sure.

TheFugitive

TheFugitive

Awards
Sounds good man. I guess it's a good thing I didn't give it a run while in Canada, since I wasn't exactly completely consistent with taking supplements this past month, so it wouldn't have really been a fair evaluation of how it compares to x (I'd say .750) grams of PA from the granules. I think I should take the granules consistently for about a month before I add in/replace some of it with King to give it the best comparison I can, so I'll let you know for sure.
PM me your shipping info?

warpyfunch

warpyfunch

Awards
  • Established
getting a little tired of chugging the sl granules. can anyone make a recommendation between King or Phospha Muscle or some other capped product?

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Been wanting to try King but I'm waiting for more info on it. I'm dosing 3 tbsp of SL and it's still useful. Trying to limit my fat macros.

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone noticed other health markers after being on it as long as many of you have? as far as health benefits on cholesterol or anything?

NewAgeMayan

Awards
I wish I had done a lipid panel right before I started (6 months now). I did one a few weeks back and my levels/ratios are all excellent; unfortunately I can only compare that to the one I had about 2 years ago, which probably wouldnt give a very accurate indication of any soy-l impact.

Capt Awesome

Awards
What kind of results have you guys seen as far as mass gain? The Mediator study averaged 5.3lbs in 8 weeks @750mg. Is that on par with what most have experienced? I've noticed a lot of people stating they have more of a recomp effect, though.

Onefckngear

Awards
I started with fearn granules yesterday. Two tbsp pre and two again post. I caught a sick pump, but I'm also or ergonine so I catch sick pumps every time I train.

Today is an off day so I had all four tbsp mixed in my shake. I have a protein powder, oat, and anpb shake as my first meal which is also my pre workout meal. I'm swapping the anpb for the granules and PB2 powder. The four tbsp of granules went down unnoticeably this way.

I have two tubs of fearns and I plan to use them for a while barring any odd reactions. I'll post up my findings.

fatty

fatty

Awards
  • Established
The taste grew tiresome pretty quickly on the granules. I enjoyed chewing them up at first, now I just wash them down with water.

HardB0iled

HardB0iled

Awards
  • Established
The taste grew tiresome pretty quickly on the granules. I enjoyed chewing them up at first, now I just wash them down with water.
I like to mix 5 tablespoons with about 6 ounces of water and let it sit for 10 minutes until it turns into a gelatinous sludge. Mmmmmm.... Sludge.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
What kind of results have you guys seen as far as mass gain? The Mediator study averaged 5.3lbs in 8 weeks @750mg. Is that on par with what most have experienced? I've noticed a lot of people stating they have more of a recomp effect, though.
Not sure what week I'm on of SL but it's gotta be 8 give or take a bit.

Here is what I continue to see/results:

- increase in muscle size, first noticeable in arms, but now is noticeable full body. Confirmed with measurements as I've been keeping track

- reduction in bf (possibly due to the choline based on my high SL dosage)

- Interestingly, an initial gain of weight 0.8 - 1.8lbs early on, but have maintained my current weight since despite increases in muscle size (odd, but I'm a stickler for data and I always double check on 2 diff scales same time every day)

Overall = recomp.

As for training & diet, I'm eating maintenance cals most days. A couple days a week I hit 100-200cals above maintenance. And 1 day a week I do an intentional bump to 400-800 excess cals.

Macros are:
- moderate fat
- high Protien
- low - moderate carbs

And just a "for fun" fact...I've been off Creatine for damn near 2 months (forgot to order it).

Once summer is over I can adjust my cals & go for a lean bulk to really test out that 5.3lbs in 8wks data

Regards,

Onefckngear

Awards
How are you dosing? Apologies if you've already mentioned it in this thread. Thanks.

Not sure what week I'm on of SL but it's gotta be 8 give or take a bit.

Here is what I continue to see/results:

- increase in muscle size, first noticeable in arms, but now is noticeable full body. Confirmed with measurements as I've been keeping track

- reduction in bf (possibly due to the choline based on my high SL dosage)

- Interestingly, an initial gain of weight 0.8 - 1.8lbs early on, but have maintained my current weight since despite increases in muscle size (odd, but I'm a stickler for data and I always double check on 2 diff scales same time every day)

Overall = recomp.

As for training & diet, I'm eating maintenance cals most days. A couple days a week I hit 100-200cals above maintenance. And 1 day a week I do an intentional bump to 400-800 excess cals.

Macros are:
- moderate fat
- high Protien
- low - moderate carbs

And just a "for fun" fact...I've been off Creatine for damn near 2 months (forgot to order it).

Once summer is over I can adjust my cals & go for a lean bulk to really test out that 5.3lbs in 8wks data

Regards,

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
How are you dosing? Apologies if you've already mentioned it in this thread. Thanks.
NP.

I started dosing at 3 tbsp, but quickly moved to 4, with the last month bumped up quite a bit.

I split those doses:

2 tbsp pre, 1 post when I started

Then moved to 2 pre + 2 post, which was better.

Then I tried 3 pre, 1 post and it was awesome (pumps, endurance)

Now I do:

2 tbsp in the AM with my shake (I workout at night). Later I take 3 pre, and 1-2 post.

This has proven to work best for me. The 2 tbsp AM is just my preference though. I don't "feel" anything from it. I just dose it to try and rev up mTOR again for recovery in the AM after my last evenings workout.

Regards,

Maybe I can pull up some before/after shots if anyone is interested. I didn't take too many cause it was just me and the mirror, but eh. Won't see the gf till the weekend but maybe she can help.

I'll pull up my measurement increases when I'm not on my mobile too. I'm due for checking in on those stats anyway.

Capt Awesome

Awards
Good to know, thanks! I may throw this in my pct during my next cycle just to test it out. I definitely wouldn't mind the recomping effect if get happen sloppy on my diet.

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Was looking into phosphamuscle but the inclusion of the tart cherry ruins it for me. Was going to stack it with ARA, but the supposed anti inflammatory properties killed that stack

HardB0iled

HardB0iled

Awards
  • Established
U saying its not a factor? Everything I found on tart cherry mention anti inflammatory properties
I think what Danes is saying is that the anti-inflammatory property of tart cherry isn't significant enough to negate the effects of ArA. While it is recommended to avoid NSAIDs, avoiding all anti-inflammatory foods is neither practical nor necessary.

roy_jones

Awards
I noticed Nutraplanet is now stocking bulk PS, which is said to have the same mTOR activating properties. I may end up purchasing some as a test to compare to lecithin granules. Seems like a better way to go.

Hoping Danes sees this and chimes in about whether I'm missing something here...

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I noticed Nutraplanet is now stocking bulk PS, which is said to have the same mTOR activating properties. I may end up purchasing some as a test to compare to lecithin granules. Seems like a better way to go.

Hoping Danes sees this and chimes in about whether I'm missing something here...
The mTOR activation from Lecithin Granules is from Phosphatidic Acid, not Phosphatidylserine.

bchap05

Awards
I've gained weight while trying to cut with Fern granuales. Thought maybe I had gained fat but I'm more vascular and girlfriend keeps commenting on my appearance. Muscles look fuller in mirror. Been doing 3 to 4 tbl per workout and on off days. Drinking it with milk or chocolate milk is the GOAT

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've gained weight while trying to cut with Fern granuales. Thought maybe I had gained fat but I'm more vascular and girlfriend keeps commenting on my appearance. Muscles look fuller in mirror. Been doing 3 to 4 tbl per workout and on off days. Drinking it with milk or chocolate milk is the GOAT
Weight gain will be from increased glycogen retention and muscle fullness.

Onefckngear

Awards
So far I'm four days in at four tbsp and my appetite is absolutely bonkers. Is everyone experiencing this increase in insatiable hunger?

Also had some serious long lasting aas like pumps today.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
So far I'm four days in at four tbsp and my appetite is absolutely bonkers. Is everyone experiencing this increase in insatiable hunger?

Also had some serious long lasting aas like pumps today.
The increased appetite is common. For some, as myself, it isn't anywhere near as pronounced as when I first started. I still get a hunger craving, but it isn't as strong and goes away inside of 30min or so.

Regards,

roy_jones

Awards
Anyone seen Danes kicking around? I haven't seen him posting and he usually checks this thread. Hope everything is alright with the dude.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Anyone seen Danes kicking around? I haven't seen him posting and he usually checks this thread. Hope everything is alright with the dude.
I've seen him post in a couple other threads just the other day. One about Laxogenin....can't remember the other.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Posted recently about IFN Most Wanted and Laxo the other day. I
He's fine I think...thanks to the health benefits of Phoaphatidic Acid of course.

roy_jones

Awards
I am still here :D
Everything good here buddy
Glad to hear it- I don't know if you caught my post earlier, but I spotted bulk PS (Phosphatydil Serine) at Nutraplanet and wanted to ask if it would work for us like PA.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glad to hear it- I don't know if you caught my post earlier, but I spotted bulk PS (Phosphatydil Serine) at Nutraplanet and wanted to ask if it would work for us like PA.
I do believe PS is potent like PA(studies are proving that)on mTOR activation and they both go (PS/PA-->LPA-->mTOR).
But if I were you, I would stack SL with bulk PS. More=better. And as you know, there are many good health benefits with PS.

StatePlan1425

StatePlan1425

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Question for the group (perhaps already addressed in this long @$$ thread): Is anyone concerned about SL possibly being estrogenic? I recall there was one study that implied this possibility.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Question for the group (perhaps already addressed in this long @$$ thread): Is anyone concerned about SL possibly being estrogenic? I recall there was one study that implied this possibility.
NO!!!!! 10000000x times no!
SL is NOT rich in phytoestrogens (isoflavones). SL has Maybe trace amount

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This will be asked AT LEAST several more times as long as this thread is alive

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
This will be asked AT LEAST several more times as long as this thread is alive
Guaranteed Tyga haha. If only I had one can of Fearn for every estro question...

StatePlan1425

StatePlan1425

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
;-) thanks Danes. Laziness on my part. I found the study I was thinking of and you are quite correct. No isoflavones were detected. However, they detected (via Yeast Estrogen Screen) an "unidentified estrogen like compound..."

Sorry guys, more I'm refreshing my memory with this study the more I question their conclusions...

Guess I deserved that good ole AM beat down :)

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
;-) thanks Danes. Laziness on my part. I found the study I was thinking of and you are quite correct. No isoflavones were detected. However, they detected (via Yeast Estrogen Screen) an "unidentified estrogen like compound..."

Sorry guys, more I'm refreshing my memory with this study the more I question their conclusions...

Guess I deserved that good ole AM beat down :)
NP. We're all just joking about the estro question : ). Its bound to come up for those just checking out SL for a source of PA.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Danes kbayne

Thoughts on the following......

What I am curious about regarding PA, is if introducing leucine (or protein in general) at the same time has either of the following effects:

a. Combo of leucine + PA increases mTOR to a greater extent (either in peak mTOR activation or duration of mTOR activation) than either solo due to varying mTOR activation pathways

OR

b. Because leucine would have already activated mTOR on its own via its respective pathway, the PA has no additional effect when combined (possible neg feedback or something?), and therefore doses of PA should be separated from does of leucine/protein in order to activate mTOR more times throughout the day.

We do already know that both PA and leucine induced mTOR activation have optimal peaks and refractory periods in which addition of either will not result in any further mTOR activation. Being able to stagger doses of each to keep mTOR reving up more times per day would be sweet.

iirc, leucine induced mTOR activation lasts for est 45min (if leucine supplementation is easily digested...i.e. NOT a slow digesting protein like casein)

So, for example:

Whey Protein shake taken at 12pm activates mTOR for est 45min with a refractory period of I believe 3-4 hours. Before those 4 hours are up one could hit a dose of PA to keep mTOR activated again (for how long PA activates mTOR I"m not 100% certain), and then again at hour 4+ hit another whey shake, etc.

Or am I way off base here lol

Stabsy

Stabsy

Awards

If you were to add this what sort of dosage would you be looking at and is it worth it?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Danes kbayne

What I am curious about regarding PA, is if introducing leucine (or protein in general) at the same time has either of the following effects:

a. Combo of leucine + PA increases mTOR to a greater extent (either in peak mTOR activation or duration of mTOR activation) than either solo due to varying mTOR activation pathways

OR

b. Because leucine would have already activated mTOR on its own via its respective pathway, the PA has no additional effect when combined (possible neg feedback or something?), and therefore doses of PA should be separated from does of leucine/protein in order to activate mTOR more times throughout the day.

We do already know that both PA and leucine induced mTOR activation have optimal peaks and refractory periods in which addition of either will not result in any further mTOR activation. Being able to stagger doses of each to keep mTOR reving up more times per day would be sweet.

iirc, leucine induced mTOR activation lasts for est 45min (if leucine supplementation is easily digested...i.e. NOT a slow digesting protein like casein)

So, for example:

Whey Protein shake taken at 12pm activates mTOR for est 45min with a refractory period of I believe 3-4 hours. Before those 4 hours are up one could hit a dose of PA to keep mTOR activated again (for how long PA activates mTOR I"m not 100% certain), and then again at hour 4+ hit another whey shake, etc.

PA and Leucine do both activate mTOR but through different mechanisms.

Here's a breakdown of PA and mTOR in the introduction:

http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/11/1/29

And we know leucine activates mTOR which then induces MPS through the S6K signaling pathway.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
PA and Leucine do both activate mTOR but through different mechanisms.

Here's a breakdown of PA and mTOR in the

And we know leucine activates mTOR which then induces MPS through the S6K signaling pathway.
I should have been more clear. I do realize the two different MOAs for each regarding mTOR activation.

My concern/thought/curiosity has me wondering if once the activation of mTOR by leucine has taken place, the addition of PA (even though via a diff MOA) won't matter due to a negative feedback loop (such as that which occurs with the addition of more leucine.

In short, I'm wondering if the body already knows mTOR is activated by leucine...addition of PA causes no further activation if ingested same time as the leucine.

I don't think this was addressed in the research paper (I.e they did not say or did not have the subjects also ingest a post or pre workout whey shake)

Just a thought

Regards,[/QUOTE]

Regards,

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Danes kbayne

OR

So, for example:

I will make it very short.
Leucine and PA works different ways on mTOR activating. Taking Leucine with PA would be even better actually. I have seen a study on that, which i need to dig up

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I will make it very short.
Leucine and PA works different ways on mTOR activating. Taking Leucine with PA would be even better actually. I have seen a study on that, which i need to dig up
Fair enough. If u happen to find that study let me know. I love learning new things : )

I do realize that they both work via diff pathways...just was wondering if a compounding increase in mTOR would occur by taking both, or, no greater mTOR activation than would be had by each solo because mTOR was already activated & there would be a "more x does not equal more y" situation.

Here's to those gains!

Regards,

P.S. Appreciate the feedback Danes kbayne

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fair enough. If u happen to find that study let me know. I love learning new things : )

I do realize that they both work via diff pathways...just was wondering if a compounding increase in mTOR would occur by taking both, or, no greater mTOR activation than would be had by each solo because mTOR was already activated & there would be a "more x does not equal more y" situation.

Here's to those gains!

Regards,

P.S. Appreciate the feedback Danes kbayne
PS/PA works via the same pathway. (LPA routhe) , but stacking them would be even better as doctors said. So they would NOT compete for the absorption/bioavailability.

"In contrast to previous studies, the results of the present study demonstrate that leucine does not act through phospholipase D and PA to activate mTORC1 and, instead, show that the two mediators act through parallel upstream signaling pathways to activate mTORC1. Overall, the results demonstrate that leucine and PA signal through parallel pathways to activate mTORC1 and that PA mediates its effect through the ERK pathway, rather than through direct binding to mTOR."

Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20427710

i will find another Leucine+PA study where they show more mTOR signaling with those to together than each one alone

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
PS/PA works via the same pathway. (LPA routhe) , but stacking them would be even better as doctors said. So they would NOT compete for the absorption/bioavailability.

"In contrast to previous studies, the results of the present study demonstrate that leucine does not act through phospholipase D and PA to activate mTORC1 and, instead, show that the two mediators act through parallel upstream signaling pathways to activate mTORC1. Overall, the results demonstrate that leucine and PA signal through parallel pathways to activate mTORC1 and that PA mediates its effect through the ERK pathway, rather than through direct binding to mTOR."

Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20427710

i will find another Leucine+PA study where they show more mTOR signaling with those to together than each one alone
Very well put. Thanks for schooling me Danes : )

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Exogenous PA is metabolized to LPA which we know, and LPA works synergistically with Leucine to increase the mTOR pathway.

So like Danes said and liked to his study above, PA + Leucine would actually lead to greater gains.

If you have time, here is a good read:

ommegaonline. /form/issues/Effects-of-L-Leucine-and-Phosphatidic-Acid. [/url]
Thanks kbayne. I def will give that a read. Appreciate you taking the time to help.