the real attitude of all cops

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You know... Jay just closed this, and you open another one??? LOL you're the effing kid from the video huh?

Ronnie

Ronnie

Awards
  • Established
He double posted when he first put this up and no everyone kinda had the general consensus not to reply to a thread that already had replies.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
that B.S

there's good and bad no matter what the group

whatta fool thing to say

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
That's like using Greg Valentino as the representation of all bodybuilders :rolleyes:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
:fool2: That guys as nutty as a bag of squirrel turds.
Good point ! I bet the phucker would call a cop ASAP and be thankful for saving his life if he is ever in such a position where he needed a cop to be a hero. BTW, this fvckin pisses me off even more because today is 9-11. Many cops and firefighters died because they were trying to save other people amidst all the chaos. Maybe he should go on that 30 days show and be a cop for a month so he can go through the things cops go through before making such asinine statements.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
Good point ! I bet the phucker would call a cop ASAP and be thankful for saving his life if he is ever in such a position where he needed a cop to be a hero. BTW, this fvckin pisses me off even more because today is 9-11. Many cops and firefighters died because they were trying to save other people amidst all the chaos. Maybe he should go on that 30 days show and be a cop for a month so he can go through the things cops go through before making such asinine statements.
And do it for the pay they take.

Where I'm at, the damn city "Parks Director" makes nearly $100K per year. You know, to make sure the parks lawns are mowed and the dog **** is scooped up. This is all done usually by people working off community service btw.

The top patrolman pay is nearly a whopping $16.00 per hour, plus benefits I'm sure. Oh and they get to take their car home with them after the shift. But if they use their car after business hours, they are technically a policeman, except not on the clock.

To even get hired they have to have the usual degrees. To advance they have to get a masters degree etc.

There were no prerequisites for the Parks Director other than having some management skills, and some percurement skills.

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
And do it for the pay they take.

Where I'm at, the damn city "Parks Director" makes nearly $100K per year. You know, to make sure the parks lawns are mowed and the dog **** is scooped up. This is all done usually by people working off community service btw.

The top patrolman pay is nearly a whopping $16.00 per hour, plus benefits I'm sure. Oh and they get to take their car home with them after the shift. But if they use their car after business hours, they are technically a policeman, except not on the clock.

To even get hired they have to have the usual degrees. To advance they have to get a masters degree etc.

There were no prerequisites for the Parks Director other than having some management skills, and some percurement skills.
This is wrong... My brother is a police officer and pulls in 76k a year... It depends a lot on the area I think.

Beige

Awards
  • Established
there's good and bad, that's all i can say. i've known a lot of good cops through the years that were just trying to help make a difference. we need people like them to protect the weaker citizens who become victomized by their surroundings.

so before i say this, understand that i get a long with plenty of cops on the basis of their character. i've eaten barbeque with a cop, i've lifted with a cop, and i'll even stop and shoot the sh*t with one if i know that he's a good guy.

truthfully though, the vast majority of cops abuse their power. i know of "good" ones that have verbally agreed with me on the subject. the cop mentality breeds egotism. most are attracted to the job after having their ego crushed in the past. cops also make unjust decissions constantly. they are only human. if a cop were to catch his son smoking pot he'd probably take it away, like a parent. if the same cop caught a stranger smoking pot instead, he'd definitely get arrested. although they are trained not to a cop can also hold a grudge like anyone else. you don't believe me? i've had my rights violated by police many times.

if you think i'm just some punk that wants to fit in with the "i hate cops" crowd, then listen to this:

before my son was born, my main source of income camr through selling drugs. i am not proud of this, and would never return to that lifestyle. my house has been raided 3 times. one of which included the dea, feds, swat, state cops, and cops from 3 surrounding cities/towns. in short, i meant business. my mom worked at a public school where she was very close friends with a certain detective from the area. he knew of her heart condition, her joint problems, and even that she was a VERY just and righteous woman. he KNEW that my actions in no way involved her. when they stormed the house they had set up survailance and knew where everybody was in the house. so explain to me why he came from behind her, kicked her chair out, grabbed her by the hair and stuck a desert eagle

Beige

Awards
  • Established
to her head. i believe that his next words were "move and your dead bytch!" in the same raid my father who has trouble even standing due to a back injury, was held at gunpoint, and then suplexed like it was funny by a swat guy.

so before you go picking on the guy that made this post understand that cops are human and can be just as bad as anyone else. throw in a badge and a gun and explain how that man has the right to judge you, his equal.

like i said, i don't hate all cops; but before you go picking sides, know the truth. in the eyes of 99% of cops, you are a second class citizen. you don't belong to their club, and your word (be it truth or not) is worth less.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
A desert eagle 50cal? lol, I know of no cop ever that are allowed to carry that for a damn side arm.

There are plenty of bad cops but any profession has those. Your opinion will obviously come from your own experiences and there's nothing wrong with that but no matter your belief, you should know and and understand that ther are good and bad cops and varying degrees of each.

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
just cause some dumbfvck messed up that doesnt mean that every cop is like that. i know alot of cops and some of them sometimes go out of their way to help people. But like in all professions and in real life, there are *******s everywere. You see them working @ church, hospitals, supermarket, gas station, goverment, every were. And like always bad things seem to be better news than good things. Is weird when you hear/read that a cop did something good cause they are expected to do that.

But i personally think that his guys deserves to b e kicked out of lawenforcement and kicked in the nuts:lol:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
throw in a badge and a gun and explain how that man has the right to judge you, his equal.
Society deemed it a necissary function but cops do not judge you, in legal terms. They judge you on personal terms but we all do that. A cops job is to enforce laws and regulations based of their jurisdiction. We aren't Judge Dread "I am the law!" :)

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
throw in a badge and a gun and explain how that man has the right to judge you, his equal.
Society deemed it a necissary function but cops do not judge you, in legal terms. They judge you on personal terms but we all do that. A cops job is to enforce laws and regulations based of their jurisdiction. We aren't Judge Dread "I am the law!" :)

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I dunno but if you or UNCfan1 pulled me over, I'd be a little on the.. "yes sir, no sir, here's my paperwork sir" side... LOL You're both huge guys... now, if my brother on the other pulled me over (given he wasn't my brother) It'd be more like, sure, yes, no, here. hahah

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
Good god cop bashing posts belong at Bodybuilding.com !

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Reminds me of Ghost Rider:

"Guilty!!!!"

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
You ever notice how some people who have a lot of interaction with police (besides those who are police/firemen/volunteers etc) and they know a lot of cops know how bad they act etc etc seem to be the guys who have been in trouble with the law/arrested/been to jail etc ?

CROWLER

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
i've never had a bad experience with cops :think:

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your opinion will obviously come from your own experiences and there's nothing wrong with that
and it does seem that those that are most outspoken regarding police power abuse are those that are on the wrong side of the law.

If I were to go into a drug dealers home for a raid I can guarantee you that I will use all the power at my disposal as well as my disposition to be sure that my mother's son, wife's husband and children's father come home that night.

People who break the law put everyone in danger especially the law enforcement. They put themselves and their behaviors in conflict with the safety and well being of innocent people. They seem to have no regard for rights until their right to be treated kindly as a law breaker has be infringed upon.

No one knows enough cops to be able to claim that 'the majority of cops' are anything. But law breakers sure have an opinion about the use of power by cops because the majority of cops that they have encountered has taken place when they were breaking the law.

The only 'problems' that I have ever had with LE has been when I broke the law. The problem was not theirs it was mine. JMO.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hold on, I was just thinking though:

The kid pulled into that commuter lot at 2AM!!! What the hell was he doing there anyways? What if he DID plan on doing something wrong? When I thought about it, If I was a cop I would probably approach him too. Cop made it clear fukced up things were happening in that lot and the kid did kind of talk back/didn't show any respect. If a cop asks you questions, answer the fukcing questions don't say "wtf i'm not doing anything wrong." I think most of the cops threats were just to scare the kid and put him in place. I think the kid is wayyy more wrong than the cop. Its 2am, the cop came to see if the guy was alright, I mean, he was probably the ONLY ONE in that lot.
Exactly! Suspicious behavior draws the attention of LE. Suspicious behavior is committed by suspicious people.

The law requires that you show proof of identity upon demand by a LEO. You don't need to be doing anything wrong. When you are told to produce ID you do it and keep your mouth shut.

The majority (how does it sound when I use it) of youth today have no respect for authority of any kind.

Ronnie

Ronnie

Awards
  • Established
You ever notice how some people who have a lot of interaction with police (besides those who are police/firemen/volunteers etc) and they know a lot of cops know how bad they act etc etc seem to be the guys who have been in trouble with the law/arrested/been to jail etc ?

CROWLER
Exactly what I was thinking. I bet the thread starter has a bad rap sheet or got a few tickets here lately.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I thought we were the disease, and you were the cure?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The law requires that you show proof of identity upon demand by a LEO. You don't need to be doing anything wrong. When you are told to produce ID you do it and keep your mouth shut.
I don't think this is correct...at least I know it isn't in Ohio. Without prior cause, and unless doing something which requires specific permission (like driving a car) a cop cannot detain you without cause, nor force you to produce "your papers".

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't think this is correct...at least I know it isn't in Ohio. Without prior cause, and unless doing something which requires specific permission (like driving a car) a cop cannot detain you without cause, nor force you to produce "your papers".
I was under that impression that it was the case in AZ. I could be wrong.

As stated, my contact with LE has only been a result of my behavior and therefore I just shut my mouth and do what I am told.

I'll look into it, as I am now curious, and as well want to make accurate statements.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
A desert eagle 50cal? lol, I know of no cop ever that are allowed to carry that for a damn side arm.
I own a .44 mag DE and it is NOT a good gun for self defense. The .50AE is even worse. Its a good long range gun for sure, but with a cadence of about 3 seconds between shots, a very heavy gun, and a very particular clip that can't be touched AT ALL during firing or it WILL JAMB every time (i.e. you can't support the gun from underneath like you can a Colt 1911)....I wouldn't trust it with my life at all. In fact mine will only shoot fully jacketed rounds. If I try to shoot semi, or straight lead it will scrape 1/2 way up the ramp and jamb every time. Who the hell has time to clear a jamb, re chamber, then aim, then shoot when someone is shooting back at you?

But if I were hiding in a spider hole or behind a good barrier and shooting at someone that didn't know I was there I'd shoot it all day long.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cops "usually" have to carry a weapon close to their duty weapon.

It varies state to state on whether or not a person has to carry ID of some type unless you're operating something that requires a license.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This kid was operating a vehicle so he has to provide proof...He was in an empty lot, regardless if it is open 24 hours a day, he could of been suspicious( to me he didn't seem so) but only an officer of that area could tell for sure based on their crime rates. They may have a high drug issue there since it's a commuter lot, it seems there would be a highway near by. (drug runners)

Not sure if the music playing was loud outside the car but that would of been an issue too. Who the hell knows but it seems this guy was just looking for trouble, who the hell drives with a camera on the whole time? He probably circled that place 20 times and waited to get a cop after him.

Squeaks4ver

Squeaks4ver

Awards
  • Established
I have never had a problem with any officer that has pulled me over, and I get pulled over way to often. Never a ticket! and I dont even cry!

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have never had a problem with any officer that has pulled me over, and I get pulled over way to often. Never a ticket! and I dont even cry!
uh oh... LOL!!! I know all about girls like you... makes me wanna be a cop for a day ;) LOL

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have a police officer that i used to work out with that was extremely cool. However I've been pulled over and let go for absolutely no reason. Never resulting in me speeding or a ticket???

As police are human there are good and bad, as with any job.

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
You must be related to my girlfriends roomate!! She has been pulled over by pretty much every single patrol trooper at the station i work at. Most people will not have problems with cops. I dont go out looking to catch speeders on their way to work. I run radar to get Probable cause to stop cars and look for other things like drugs, guns, money, Dui's, wanted criminals and so on. Most of my stops end with a warning unless someone pretty much asks for a ticket.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i have been around the court system and/or police officers since childhood. all of my immediate family and secondary family are involved in the court system, including 3 prosecutors.

I have never seen such a fine example of unregulated fraternizing mental cases in my life. They believe the law does not apply to them, and they are correct, because who the hell is going to tell them "no"?

the courts are a circus, anything a cop says, will go. Every court is in bed with its surrounding police stations. you will not get a fair trial, concerning anything.

police officers will do anything to get another police officer out of trouble. I have seen this when it comes to drunk driving, public intoxication, driving violations, and even grand theft auto (while drunk..). anyone remember the LA riots when cops were seen blatantly beating the crap out of a black man? the cops got off, hence the riot.

these are the kids you used to make fun of in high school and tell to shut up whenever they opened their mouths. now they have a gun, a badge, and a vendetta, especially against "young boys" like the one presented in the video.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This kid was operating a vehicle so he has to provide proof...He was in an empty lot, regardless if it is open 24 hours a day, he could of been suspicious( to me he didn't seem so) but only an officer of that area could tell for sure based on their crime rates. They may have a high drug issue there since it's a commuter lot, it seems there would be a highway near by. (drug runners)

Not sure if the music playing was loud outside the car but that would of been an issue too. Who the hell knows but it seems this guy was just looking for trouble, who the hell drives with a camera on the whole time? He probably circled that place 20 times and waited to get a cop after him.
no offense jay but WOW, are you seriously trying to justify that lunatic cops actions? i have been pulled over 12 times and been in very similiar situations to that kid, more than once.

the only way to get out of it is to get it on camera. the kid was meeting friends. the COP was looking for trouble. it is really ludicrous to suggest anything else.

you know jay, maybe people wouldnt have such animosity towards police officers if they werent always trying to cover each others asses for doing blatantly wrong things.

i hope that cop loses his job, he is completely unfit to hold a position of power of any type. the kid wasnt doing a thing wrong, unless of course you view asking a very simple question as wrong.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just because you associate with crazy family members does not mean the rest of us are completely nuts...

these are the kids you used to make fun of in high school and tell to shut up whenever they opened their mouths. now they have a gun, a badge, and a vendetta, especially against "young boys" like the one presented in the video.
I had a pretty good high school experience, thank you. Two out of three isn't too bad I guess. I do have a gun and a badge.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just because you associate with crazy family members does not mean the rest of us are completely nuts...

I had a pretty good high school experience, thank you. Two out of three isn't too bad I guess. I do have a gun and a badge.
my family members are not crazy in any way shape or form. unless all lawyers are considered crazy. i spent my childhood in courtrooms, police stations, a prosecutors office, and a police chiefs office.

ive seen in all first hand jay im not some "young boy" speaking out his ass.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, since we're watching a video from the kid's car, I can assume anything. That cop could of been out of line in every sense but you nor I know the whole truth of a situation unless of course, you think you're able to do exactly the same thing that you're saying a trained cop can't.

you know jay, maybe people wouldnt have such animosity towards police officers if they werent always trying to cover each others asses for doing blatantly wrong
Maybe the cops wouldn't have such animosity doing their jobs if there weren't so many people trying to break the law and doing everything in their power to be a pain in the ass, whenever possible. People like you want to have their cake and eat it too. You want cops to not have any special abilities but you also want to rid them of any human characteristics that you think everyone else should keep. So it's okay for everyone to help protect their friends, family and loved one's but the very exact thing you believe you should have a right to, you think cops should be exempt?

If the cop was wrong then he should be punished. Cops who break the law should always be punished. Whether it means being fired, should depend on the law/policy broken. Unless of course you think that any mistakes or rules you break should always end up in ending your career?

Pay cops 5-10x as much as they normally do, make the screening process much higher with zero tolerance for anything wrong in their past and require a min. of a 4 year degree and you "might" get better choices of cops out there...or you just may find you're dealing with higher paid 'people' and all people, regardless of profession are subject to the human condition.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
my family members are not crazy in any way shape or form. unless all lawyers are considered crazy. i spent my childhood in courtrooms, police stations, a prosecutors office, and a police chiefs office.
So you wouldn't take any offense to me just taking your family members and their profession and lumping them in with whatever limited experiences with lawyers I have had?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I find its the rookie cops that think they have something to prove that cause problems. Damn newbies!. That last time I got a ticket was last year on my birthday. Our chinchila was sick and we took him to a emergency vet at around midnight. On the way home on the highway I was puller over by a resident State Trooper. I pulled over right away, turned off the engine and rolled down the passenger side window. It was on the highway so he came on that side of the car to be safe. Anway it was aroun 82 in a 65. I was very polite and gave him my info right away, as I keep it in a "wallet" on top of everything in the glove compartment. He asked where I was head and I explained. He gave me a ticket and not a warning for a little over $200.

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So you wouldn't take any offense to me just taking your family members and their profession and lumping them in with whatever limited experiences with lawyers I have had?
:goodpost: That's like me saying... Dude, all lawyers are crooked, look at the guy who got that dumb woman that spilled coffee on herself cash from mcdonalds... so crooked, so corrupt, only in it for the money... sad thing is... that's partially true! haha

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I still stand on the fact (opinion) that the people who have the greatest problem with cops are the people who are the biggest problem to cops. Most law abiding citizens don't have multiple frequent run ins with cops. People who have frequent encounters with cops are people who frequently behave in ways that are suspicious or law breaking.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If there's one thing in my career that i've leanred is that making judgement on people based off just their current situation will almost always be a wrong portrayal of their life. I can look at a car and its occupants and what they are doing and probably could have an educated guess if they were doing something illegal but even if I was right doesn't mean they are scumbags. We all have a life to live and some of us do what we can but make bad decisions along the way. Some we recover from and some we don't. I think we could go a lot further with ourselves if we stopped trying to label everyone in a group as if there's no way that any of those could be mislabelled. Again, I find this very disturbing on a site wheere people always feel as if others look at them in ignorance of what bodybuilding is really about.

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If there's one thing in my career that i've leanred is that making judgement on people based off just their current situation will almost always be a wrong portrayal of their life. I can look at a car and its occupants and what they are doing and probably could have an educated guess if they were doing something illegal but even if I was right doesn't mean they are scumbags. We all have a life to live and some of us do what we can but make bad decisions along the way. Some we recover from and some we don't. I think we could go a lot further with ourselves if we stopped trying to label everyone in a group as if there's no way that any of those could be mislabelled. Again, I find this very disturbing on a site wheere people always feel as if others look at them in ignorance of what bodybuilding is really about.
That's true to, but when you look at ever 'stereotypical group' out there, everybody is mislabelled in a sense... Lawyers are crooks, doctors are know it all crooks, cops are crooked, hookers are slutty, fireman are big tough heroes, teachers are poor and unhappy, store owners are gluttons, etc. There's really no point in the labelling but we're all guilty in at least one way. I am guilty of a LOT of stereotyping, but usually I ask before I jump headfirst into a conversation about it with whomever I'm conversing with.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
But who the hell am I anyways? It's not like i'm going to change any of your minds on cops and their ilk. Maybe it's just as hard to try and change the minds of cops eh? Oh well,. I do what I can and I believe in my job and my purpose is to protect the public. I'm sure I have made bad decisions and i'm sure i'll make more in the future but I make them while attempting to do the right thing. I can sleep at night knowing I do my best and I do it honorably. I can't help those who think otherwise but that wouldn't change anything if they ever needed my help.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
They both should get beatings.

Next.