the real attitude of all cops

brogers

Awards
  • Established
The police officer should be thrown in jail for the maximum amount of time allowed as if he was convicted of 9 misdemeanors, the same amount of charges he threatened to make up against this kid. He spoke of ruining lives, ruining careers, etc. He's most certainly a danger to the public.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you have that closed of of a mind then your decision was already made before clicking the video.

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
But who the hell am I anyways? It's not like i'm going to change any of your minds on cops and their ilk. Maybe it's just as hard to try and change the minds of cops eh? Oh well,. I do what I can and I believe in my job and my purpose is to protect the public. I'm sure I have made bad decisions and i'm sure i'll make more in the future but I make them while attempting to do the right thing. I can sleep at night knowing I do my best and I do it honorably. I can't help those who think otherwise but that wouldn't change anything if they ever needed my help.
I always tell people to call the their local PD and schedule a ride along so they can see what life as a cop is really like. Its quite the experience and I would bet most people would see things differently after viewing things from the other side.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If I could give out rep that would yeild you some Zt...That is a ****ing brilliant suggestion!

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I always tell people to call the their local PD and schedule a ride along so they can see what life as a cop is really like. Its quite the experience and I would bet most people would see things differently after viewing things from the other side.
IMO, ride alongs suck, I wasn't even the officer, but I would hate their job... Police get mad props from me because they do a job I couldnt and wouldnt do.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
IMO, the cop did go overboard and could have handled the situation a little better. The young man could have cooperated a little more in the beginning. The thing is that we don't know everything about the situation and it's hard to judge based on a 9 minute video. This is like the situation where the parent spanks the kid in public and everyone judges the parent for being abusive but they don't know what the kid could have done to warrant a spanking.

Beige

Awards
  • Established
thanks everybody (especially jay) for expressing their views and opinions so professionaly with me. i know this is a heated subject. i would like to restate however that i am no longer leading that life style. so when you say that people who have problems with cops are on the other side of the law, you aren't completely right. also, i was hoping in my last post to convey that i do not begrudge cops before i learn their character (as i would do with anybody). just last month i was trying to bang this sexy blond haired chick that pulled me over.

do i need cops? i don't think so, because i don't really break the law anymore, and i'm not afraid of those around me.

do i think that the world needs cops? definitely. normal society needs protection from the dirtbags out there that bring misery and pain to others.

once again, thanks for hearing me out. and if someone from this board ever pulls over a beige impalla, you'll see that i'm really a nice guy.

...and i BETTER get off with a warning! LOL!

Squeaks4ver

Squeaks4ver

Awards
  • Established
the only actual ticket i ever got was from a cop in NJ on the parkway. I was in my jeep with the top off heading down to cape may in my bikini. It wasn't that bad of a bikini but normal for me.. crazy for some.. and i was pulled over .. i swear to god he said it was "distracting" .

got a ticket for obstructing traffic and went to court, and won!

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
IMO, ride alongs suck, I wasn't even the officer, but I would hate their job... Police get mad props from me because they do a job I couldnt and wouldnt do.
Not when your going from a stolen car chase, to a murder scene, to dealing with crack heads, chasing down punks with warrants it isnt. When i was trying to get into the Rochester Police Dept i went on a bunch of rides on weekends and each time it was non stop for 8 hours. The inner city is a whole new world.

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Not when your going from a stolen car chase, to a murder scene, to dealing with crack heads, chasing down punks with warrants it isnt. When i was trying to get into the Rochester Police Dept i went on a bunch of rides on weekends and each time it was non stop for 8 hours. The inner city is a whole new world.
That's why I said it sucks.. it may be something good for you, but I, on the other hand, as I already stated, am not made to do that kind of job...;) I understand where you're coming from though, two close friends, a workout partner, and my brother are all cops.. so ya... LOL

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The thing about cops though is they can't complain about the type of people they deal with on a regular basis because like all of us, they chose this as a career choice.

When you chose to be one you know the good and the bad before you go in. I would love to work in the medical field but I can't handle blood and suffering, in such I chose not to do it. I would pass out.

That being said i know some that are very nice people, didn't let the job change them. But they also hate some of the people on their units because they are corrupt. So good and bad is all around us in all careers.

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
That's why I said it sucks.. it may be something good for you, but I, on the other hand, as I already stated, am not made to do that kind of job...;) I understand where you're coming from though, two close friends, a workout partner, and my brother are all cops.. so ya... LOL
lol....gotchya. I was really surprised at how well i handled certain situations when riding. Now if i could get these 2000 people who are applying for 20 spots to just forget about the next test, I'll be all set :)

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
lol....gotchya. I was really surprised at how well i handled certain situations when riding. Now if i could get these 2000 people who are applying for 20 spots to just forget about the next test, I'll be all set :)
Drop by Vegas, (Always ALWAYS in need of more police... lol (seriously to) I believe the pay is pretty decent for a normal beat officer as well)

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
got a ticket for obstructing traffic and went to court, and won!
lmao, now I would have to see that bikini that got you a citation!

The thing about cops though is they can't complain about the type of people they deal with on a regular basis because like all of us, they chose this as a career choice.
Well yes and no. This job is like most of the others out there. What you see when you're in the job and what you think you're getting into can be two different monsters. Complaining and allowing it to effect your duty are different in my opinion. I ***** about how screwed up people can be but when dealing with people i stay within the law and do my best not to allow my personal feelings take over my professional ones.

Domestic violence is a perfect example. As a person that grew up in a home that was filled with it, i had misconceptions on typical DV. You want to run in there and save the woman and protect her but as a cop you have to go in and be prepared to find out it may be the man who is your victim.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I don't think domestic violence is all that prevelant in females hitting males. I for one know better if you hit a man like man then you can't cry if they hit back.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
But it's there enough that you can't assume anything. A lot of battered males do not report for the fear of humiliation.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
But it's there enough that you can't assume anything. A lot of battered males do not report for the fear of humiliation.
and a lot of police officers arent really going to believe them if its true.

if you rolled up to a domestic call and a woman has a bruise and claims she is being beaten...and the guy says he had to push her away because she was trying to beat the **** out of him and thats why she has the bruise ; who are you going to believe?

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
well many females don't tell anyone or ask advice for fear of the consequences. As a domestic survivor you should understand the fear factors and how hard it is to ask for help.

but its the same for men as well. I know an officer here in my state thats wife beats him and he won't do anything for the humiliation factor of his officer friends. Either way its not a good situation but still it goes back to an officer going in to the force knowing domestics and drunks, drugs and killings are what its all about.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think you're misunderstanding my point. I was showing how as a police officer you have to throw out any personal beliefs and go on your investigation because things are not always as they appear. 9/10 it will be the female that was the victim but you can't rush in on emotion because you could have just rolled up on that 1/10 situation.

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yet another reason I would fail as a police officer.. my personal emotions would get in the way, far to often for me to have correct and fair judgement... My heart goes out to the cops who HAVE to make the decisions like this... I just got back from the gym and my buddy (the cop one) and I were discussing a similar matter, and he thinks the video posted was set up... notice it goes from a normal situation to the police officer losing it?? I think he cut the parts of him being aarogant and edited to make himself look innocent. (sorry to derail things again LOL)

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah but the kid is still an arrogant prick in the video.
he was an arrogant prick but the cop was 10x worse. that is exactly the type of thing a police officer is trained NOT to do in response to that type of situation.

let me pose a question, if that was a 35 year old doctor sitting in that parking lot waiting to meet some friends, do you think the cop would have given him any trouble? the cop was just looking to pick a fight and assert some authority. there is no reason he couldnt have answered the prick's question without getting his panties in a bunch.

i understand that police officers are human as well, but i expect a little more than brute bullying of "young boys" from the people paid to act as the moral superlative in society.

Scarecrow68

Awards
You need probable cause to detain for a crime that has occurred, or believe is about to occur. From there you develop reasonable suspicion to arrest based on the outcome of your investigation.
And from experience, the worst cops are the ones that had a low self esteem in high school and got their asses kicked on a regular basis by the school bully. Now they've got a badge, a gun, a whole lot af attitude, and they're out for revenge.

Squeaks4ver

Squeaks4ver

Awards
  • Established
Bikini was a bit small, and like a baby pink and it sorta was meshing with my flesh so.. i can tell how you would think i wasn't wearing anything.. but he was a jerk to me.. and I honestly feel i stopped for no other reason to be looked at...it took like 30 min or something like that

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You need probable cause to detain for a crime that has occurred, or believe is about to occur. From there you develop reasonable suspicion to arrest based on the outcome of your investigation.
You have it backwards...Probable cause is the next step up from RS.

Scarecrow68

Awards
Oops...You are absolutely right.
Thanks for the proof read.

Last edited:
Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No doubt and she should have made an official complaint against that officer.

Squeaks4ver

Squeaks4ver

Awards
  • Established
Well, he actually was at the court when I defended myself, he ended up saying that he was mistaken and the judge through it out but he gave this awesome look.. like.. go eff off

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well, he actually was at the court when I defended myself, he ended up saying that he was mistaken and the judge through it out but he gave this awesome look.. like.. go eff off
and im sure that was the end of it. no reprucssions for officer booby-gander

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've seen cops get seriously repremanded when they make the court look bad. Don't always assume nothing happens because it isn't on the 10 o'clock news.

Squeaks4ver

Squeaks4ver

Awards
  • Established
Well from what my dad said, a judge himself, he said that the office prob got some sort of letter or slap on the face or something.. the office said that he shouldn't have given me the ticket but he was in the process of writing it and he couldn't stop.. but at the time it happened he was like.. you are an obstruction to traffic etc etc. like really sorta mean.. he deff was like a lil school boy in the court room...

James

James

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Cops are people.. I know some cool cops.. I’ve met complete morons too. In general I dislike cops for the simple fact that they can take your freedom away... for some pretty petty reasons. So I tend to avoid them.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I still stand on the fact (opinion) that the people who have the greatest problem with cops are the people who are the biggest problem to cops. Most law abiding citizens don't have multiple frequent run ins with cops. People who have frequent encounters with cops are people who frequently behave in ways that are suspicious or law breaking.
With the continual encroachment of the law into almost every aspect of our lives, pretty soon everyone will have problems with cops. You likely can't walk down the street without breaking several laws and not even knowing it right now, much less ten years from now.

The problem is police are being asked to enforce more and more bull**** laws where it becomes nigh impossible to tell 'good guys' from 'bad guys.' It's not hard to tell when you're talking armed robbery, assault, rape, etc. But the guy down the block may have broken no other laws, may in fact be a pillar of the community, but he also might like weed and since it's illegal, has mix to some degree with the criminal element to indulge himself.

If people, instead of trying to obliterate every little thing that even has a possibility of offending them with the force of law and police and courts as their instruments, would scale laws back to the basics of assault, murder, robbery, etc., you'd see far fewer such instances because law abiding citizens would be fairly easily distinguished from the scum. But, so long as people are intent on trying to create their idea of a perfect world through legislation and cops and courts are called on to try and bring about that impossibility, **** like this will happen.

Squeaks4ver

Squeaks4ver

Awards
  • Established
Cops are cool people and have a really tough job. I do think some have this false idea that they can take away freedom. THEY CANT... only a judge can do that. My dad has taught me so much and I am really shocked on how much a normal person can get away with infront of a cop if they only had the guts to live free.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The problem is making sure you do it with the right cops. Some cops are much more versed in what their authority is versus most. Chancing that can be risky. When cops write their PC on those citations, phrases and attitude are added in. Remember that judges are people too and what may be legal to get away with in front of a cop might yield a nice fine in front of a judge who knows how you acted.

My best advice is be cooperative, patient and respectful and go to court and use your knowledge there. Don't give the cop any ammunition to use against you. Don't admit to anything and never give consent to search because even if you're innocent you may find a friend who dropped 'something' that you didn't know about.

Just my 2 cents and i practice what I preach, in this case.

James

James

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Cops are people - I do think some have this false idea that they can take away freedom. THEY CANT... only a judge can do that. My dad has taught me.
I take it you’ve never been arrested? It’s the cop that takes your freedom... he puts you in a cell. You get to deal with a judge later. The judge can determine the amount of time you lose your freedom.. but he does not initially take it away.

If it wasn’t for the cop.. you wouldn’t have to deal with a judge at all.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Cops are cool people and have a really tough job. I do think some have this false idea that they can take away freedom. THEY CANT...
Tell that to people they accidentally kill, such as in drug raids on the wrong homes, or unarmed people who get gunned down because they didn't respond as quickly or in a way the cops pointing guns at them wanted. It happens, and those people in their coffins are certainly not free, they're dead. And, oddly enough in my opinion, the death of a law abiding citizen isn't in and of itself grounds for dismissal from the police force or even harsher punishment.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tell that to people they accidentally kill, such as in drug raids on the wrong homes, or unarmed people who get gunned down because they didn't respond as quickly or in a way the cops pointing guns at them wanted. It happens, and those people in their coffins are certainly not free, they're dead. And, oddly enough in my opinion, the death of a law abiding citizen isn't in and of itself grounds for dismissal from the police force or even harsher punishment.
That can be used in any aspect of our legal system...People can take away anyone else's freedom by killing them and you could take away a law abiding citizen's life and not spend a day in jail if the circumstances surrounding it were considered favorable in your defense.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
mnnn intresting thread.

I do think cops care more about money that anything else. I once sprained my ankle playing basketball at school. My parents came to pick me up to go see a doctor. My mom being the great mom that she was drove as close to the clinic as possible and got out of the car to help. A cop comes RUNNING at us as fast as possible to give us a ticket. It was almost like a life or death situation for them.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well in that case, the ticket doesn't equal more money for the cop. They don't earn a commission. Without knowing more of that story I wold have to either say that cop was being a **** or your mother may have been driving excessively fast. A sprained ankle or even a broke one doesn't give one an immediate need to hit warp speed 8 to get to the hospital.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
That can be used in any aspect of our legal system...People can take away anyone else's freedom by killing them and you could take away a law abiding citizen's life and not spend a day in jail if the circumstances surrounding it were considered favorable in your defense.
Not quite. The circumstances being favorable to the police aren't favorable to other citizens. I can't demand a guy in a hallway stop and show me his ID, and then gun him down if I think he's armed and reaching for a gun. I can't set off flash grenades in someone's backyard, break down their door with some friends and then shoot them, and then get off because I was on a 'legitimate' drug raid. In those situations I'd be in prison faster than **** through a goose. Not so for cops because of the presumed authority they have over all citizens, even those who have not and are not breaking any laws.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you're asking for zero tolerance for mistakes that'll never happen. If you're asking for continued observation and changes in policy to keep those mistakes to a minimum, that is always done. If you're asking to somehow have one area in all of society filled with nothing but polished apples, I think you're going to continue to be upset.

It's not a perfect system and will never be without flaws or even better ways of doing things but it is a good system when compared to the others throughout the world. You're not going to find a place without laws or those who enforce them. The US is probably one of your better places to be though.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
On a different note, some things that the cops or I guess it would be the city that pays the police that decides these things is overspending. Maybe they would be able to pay the police more and their would be a higher moral because of it if they didn't overspend. For instance, on a drug raid when they are taking down say maybe one or two guys and they have around 15 cops armed to the teeth....I just fail to see the reasoning here. After so many raids though you would think they would learn and adjust their tactics. Spreading out the police force to where it is needed instead of concentrating too heavily in one place makes more sense. Also less officers where they are not needed saves money and posibly would lead to a raise. Cops just don't get paid enough for what they do. Redirect resources and raise their salary.