AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mint Chocolate Protein Popcorn (Don't know how I feel about that)

Icon Meals has put together a special edition flavor for its incredibly delicious, protein packed Power Popcorn. Following on from the Cinnabun Krunch flavor which was launched back in November, is a slightly sweeter sounding effort with Mint Chocolat Protein Popcorn.
I was going to post this yesterday, but refrained from it. It blows my mind that there are several of these companies. How difficult is it to cook in bulk and then portion? I hate the whole "time" argument. It does not take a lot of time and effort to cook in bulk.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I was going to post this yesterday, but refrained from it. It blows my mind that there are several of these companies. How difficult is it to cook in bulk and then portion? I hate the whole "time" argument. It does not take a lot of time and effort to cook in bulk.
You have to account for people that can't cook tho as well... for instance, 95% of my life is on the road, living in hotels with microwaves at best (occasionally I try to get a suite but that pretty rare). I just don't have access to stoves and such to cook, dishes, Tupperware, etc.

It would be insane to pack weeks worth of meals to try to take onto airplanes, even domestically, let alone not allowed at all internationally.

There's also the crowd that flat out doesn't know how to cook (surprisingly high amount as well). I know a great many people that can mess up toast and couldn't cook a chicken breast in a pan without burning it or undercooking it.

Sometimes, convenience isn't just about being lazy, it's a requirement.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting flavor for the popcorn. Any of you try that Cinnabun flavor they released? That sounds delicious

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
WAF

WAF

Awards
.....just waiting for the day of deep fried protein popcorn. Now that would be bulking corn at its finest.

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Make popcorn
sprinkle cinnamon + Splenda + PES Snickerdoodle and mix it into a bowl
= Easy protein popcorn.
That sounds like it would end up doing this if I did that:
1) Eat popcorn.
2) Have most of cinnamon + Splenda + PEScience Snickerdoodle still left in bag.
3) Dump contents of bag into shaker cup and have the most cinnamon-y and sweet protein shake ever.
4) Decide that the shake was better than the popcorn, so I'll skip the popcorn next time, and also wonder why I didn't use CPBC instead lol
(I am assuming you normally also use some type of cooking spray! ;) )

WAF

WAF

Awards
That sounds like it would end up doing this if I did that:
1) Eat popcorn.
2) Have most of cinnamon + Splenda + PEScience Snickerdoodle still left in bag.
3) Dump contents of bag into shaker cup and have the most cinnamon-y and sweet protein shake ever.
4) Decide that the shake was better than the popcorn, so I'll skip the popcorn next time, and also wonder why I didn't use CPBC instead lol
(I am assuming you normally also use some type of cooking spray! ;) )
no cooking spray just give the bag a care bear stare :slaphappy:

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Mix the splenda + Cinnamon + Whey in the bag with the popcorn after its cooked (Shake it up) and then put into a bowl. When its still hot most of the powder clings to the popcorn and coats it like a glaze.
That is cool, I will be trying this!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mint Chocolate Protein Popcorn (Don't know how I feel about that)

Icon Meals has put together a special edition flavor for its incredibly delicious, protein packed Power Popcorn. Following on from the Cinnabun Krunch flavor which was launched back in November, is a slightly sweeter sounding effort with Mint Chocolat Protein Popcorn.
It looks like a pile of igneous rocks lol.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
This was my first thought... charcoal briquettes? Lumps of coal? Pumice stones?

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ive never cared for protein gimmicks. Always over priced and probably loaded with a ton of unnecessary chemicals.

Give me my whole food: grass fed beef, free range eggs, organic milk, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, mixed nuts and the occasional whey protein.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
You can make protein coatings as well, similar to caramel corn, but shelf-life on exposed mixed up protein is short so it only lasts a day or so in my testing

I'm working on getting it right, and sugar free

LLN

LLN

Awards
  • Established
Ive never cared for protein gimmicks. Always over priced and probably loaded with a ton of unnecessary chemicals.

Give me my whole food: grass fed beef, free range eggs, organic milk, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, mixed nuts and the occasional whey protein.
What makes you think real food is anywhere near as effective as a Quest Bar at building muscle, bro?

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Legit question no troll....is there any discernible taste diff in grass fed beef vs not. Tracking all of the reasons people like the grass fed option was more wondering if taste was at play as well thanks.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Legit question no troll....is there any discernible taste diff in grass fed beef vs not. Tracking all of the reasons people like the grass fed option was more wondering if taste was at play as well thanks.
find a friend who likes to hunt...tell him you want to try some venison.

when I lived in philipines people there raised their own chickens pigs and carabao, when I came back to the states I thought the meat tasted like crap.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
No question there's a difference. Certain cuts more than others but it's very noticeable if you really give it some thought.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can make protein coatings as well, similar to caramel corn, but shelf-life on exposed mixed up protein is short so it only lasts a day or so in my testing

I'm working on getting it right, and sugar free
Definitely interested if you nail that!
Make popcorn
sprinkle cinnamon + Splenda + PES Snickerdoodle and mix it into a bowl
= Easy protein popcorn.
Awesome. I'll definitely try this! Never would have thought to.
Clearly our Nerdy Lifters thread has crossed over. Inb4 please redirect all archaeology discussion ?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

As we continue to eagerly await the launch of Gaspari Nutrition’s fifth returning legend, Novedex XT. Confirmation has come in that the reformulated muscle builder isn’t all the top 5 brand of 2016 has planned. It turns out Gaspari also has a fat burner due to be released sometime this year, officially titled Gaspari Arson.

It’ll certainly be interesting to see how Gaspari Arson turns out, as the brand has certainly been dropping some fairly interesting formulas over the past year. The supplement is also going to be Gaspari’s first major weight loss competitor in quite some time, with the last one we remember being the sequel Detonate XT.
Good news! Excited to see the profiles of each product. Detonate XT was/is one of the worst products I ever bought. So much that I actually returned it to vitamin shoppe.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
When I worked the Olympia with layne norton he got me on that low fat popcorn kick.
Cook a bag in the microwave & then add your splenda/cinnamon (and you can add protein powder)
Shake it up and dump into a bowl.
Comes out like glazed popcorn with added sweetness. has a good kick to it.
Seems to me that you would not even have to add the splenda when you use protein powder which tends to already have a good amount of flavor and sweeteners?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Absolutely. All NZ beef is free range and when I tried US beef I almost cried lol

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Seems to me that you would not even have to add the splenda when you use protein powder which tends to already have a good amount of flavor and sweeteners?
Guess it really depends on personal preference and if you want it sweeter or not

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Does it keep well if you store it in a big plastic bag? Or is it best to make 1 microwave bag at a time and eat it fairly quick? I would like to make it in a larger batch to have handy for snacks if it holds up well.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
let me ask you a question...If you go to the movie theater and you bring home your popcorn does it taste good if you eat it 6-8 hours later? Most people would rather enjoy eating it warm instead of cold.
Could you do it? Maybe.. but I would rather eat popcorn warm.

Personally just cook the popcorn, open the bag and toss in what you want, and then shake it up and eat it. It takes 2-3 minutes to cook in the microwave for microwave popcorn. Should be easy to eat wherever you are as long as you have a microwave. Baggy up your splenda/cinnamon/whey if you need to if you take it to the office/work place with you.

Now your going to derail this thread about popcorn talk, instead we could be talking about MuscleTech's Nitrotech Strawberry Cheesecake and Mint Chocolate Chip coming out very soon.... ;)

Fans that had the Bday cake and Cinnamon Roll know these are some damn good bars.
No...it does not hold up, but that would be because it is exposed to air for hours and gets soggy from the butter. Also, the glaze you refer to would potentially preserve it a bit. I will just experiment. Thanks for sharing the idea!

I guess I am derailing, but I thought the consensus was that this is OK. Y'all have to make up your minds as you are confusing the sh1t out of me.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
No...it does not hold up, but that would be because it is exposed to air for hours and gets soggy from the butter. Also, the glaze you refer to would potentially preserve it a bit. I will just experiment. Thanks for sharing the idea!

I guess I am derailing, but I thought the consensus was that this is OK. Y'all have to make up your minds as you are confusing the sh1t out of me.
You're fine man. That's why he included the wink face. That mint chocolate chip looks good. Can we start talking about the signed Ronnie Coleman trading card offer (free with Signature Series purchases over $65)? Yeeeaaaa buuuuudy!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

anytime you put hot popcorn in a bag the condensation alone will ruin it in minutes.

You have to let it cool, but that wont work for the glazing.

Since bob had to give you the typical long winded, arrogant answer, I'll give you the short one: No, it wont hold up. not even for a few hours.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Some other new stuff!

nootropimax.jpg

Following on from the highly anticpiated release of Performax Labs’ natural anabolic formula, MassMax XT. The brand has unveiled its next new supplement, which is going to see it enter an all-new category. The name of the upcoming product is NootropiMax, which as you could probably guess by its name, is a focus formula.
Currently, all we have to go off for NootropiMax is a preview picture confirming its name, capsule form, two capsule serving size, and exactly what it’s going to do. The supplement’s very interesting list of effects includes the usual increase in focus, as well as enhanced mood, improved memory and concentration, and increased attention and cognitive health.
We don’t yet have a timeframe for when Performax plans on launching NootropiMax, although for those wondering it is going to be a 100% transparent formula, listing doses for each of its ingredients.

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established

yep all junk i see there is no more innovation now that mr cooper is gone though

smith_69

smith_69

Awards

lol and theres no gimmicks with grass fed beef or the over hype of it-

guess the millions of Americans who cant afford this are screwed!- please

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Clearly our Nerdy Lifters thread has crossed over. Inb4 please redirect all archaeology discussion ?
Nerdiness necessitates that it be pointed out that Misfit28's igneous reference is actually a geology reference, specifically petrology. I'll go quietly back to the nerdylifters thread now;).

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nerdiness necessitates that it be pointed out that Misfit28's igneous reference is actually a geology reference, specifically petrology. I'll go quietly back to the nerdylifters thread now;).
Haha. I was going to mention that, but didn't wanna seem snarky ;)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
find a friend who likes to hunt...tell him you want to try some venison.

when I lived in philipines people there raised their own chickens pigs and carabao, when I came back to the states I thought the meat tasted like crap.
I eat venison about 5 or more days a week, I love it!!

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Mmmm I want it !!!!!!
silly subhuman, this isnt for you- this is for the mortals trying to reach a status such as yours- you stay away from this

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
[size=+3]AntM Reviews BSN Syntha 6 Protein Crisp Bars[/size]

The profile of these bars are the same no matter the flavor. They are comparable to other protein bars. I do like that they are not laoded with fiber. I hate bars that have more than 10 grams of fiber. It actually is harder for me to get food in when bars are high in fiber, since most of the foods I eat are high in fiber. The protein sources are top notch too. It does use soy, but it is the last protein listed. This bar may disrupt some stomach with 6 grams of sugar alcohols, but it isn't that much, so I wouldn't be too concerned about that. Personally, I have no issues, even at higher amounts.

Price

Regular price is about $20 for a 12 count box, a little less than similar bars.

Texture/consistency

Very similar to a Rice Kirspie. The Salted Caramel Toffee has a little bit more of a crunch due to the pretzel bits. I would say overall they are a little softer than a Rice Krispie Treat. You can take a fork, use a little force, and cut through it. I absolutely enjoyed the overall texture and consistency.

Taste

This is the order which I had them.

Peanut Butter Crunch - I was disappointed with this. I love peanut butter, I can eat it plain, out of the jar. There was a subtle peanut butter flavor, but it was extremely underwhelming. You can see a peanut butter drizzle and bottom to the bar, but it was lacking a lot. It essentially tasted like a regular Rice Krispie Treat, with a hint of peanut butter. It was by no means bad, just too plain. If the flavor profile was a regular Rice Krispie Treat knockoff, I'd give it a 10. 7/10

Chocolate Crunch - This was my second favorite, despite not being a chocolate lover. I really like white chocolate and enjoy dark chocolate. Milk chocolate and semi sweet are not really for me. I have to be in the mood. You can see a chocolate base and drizzle. There were a few chocolate chips inside the bar (sorry for not taking a picture). It was not a pure dark or milk chocolate taste. It had hints of both, which I enjoyed. It changed up the taste, which is a nice addition. If you enjoy chocolate, you'd probably rate this flavor higher than me. 8/10

Salted Toffee Pretzel - I was excited the most for this flavor since it is different than the other two and your typical flavor profile. Right away, you see pretzel chunks on the bar. You also see them inside the bar. Each bite is great! You get a little saltiness, some pretzel and some caramel. Depending on how much caramel or pretzel is in the section of the bar you're on, you may get more or less. This was easily my favorite flavor and I could not imagine making it better. Job well done. 10/10

Bottom Line

My final rating is going to take each flavor into consideration as well as everything else I touched upon. I would definitely suggest these bars to anyone, especially those they like a crunchy bar and do not like getting an abnormally high amount of fiber from a bar. The profile is perfect. The peanut butter is underwhelming in the peanut butter department, but is still a good tasting bar. Chocolate is could, if you're a chocolate fanatic, you'll really like this. Salted Toffee Pretzel was mind blowing. It was extremely good and with each bite, you get the natural caramel with the pretzel. Price on these are solid, under $2 a par, normally price and I saw a deal today to make these $13 for a 12 count box.​
9/10

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Solid review, Ant. Definitely interested in those and that deal is/was nuts, so good find!

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
$13 for a box of 12 is crazy cheap!! Solid review Ant!!