MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If only a sprain get a lace up ankle brace. As a matter of fact don't waste time with a GP, go straight to an ortho if you want a good brace. GP's for injuries are basically only for medicine seekers.

KleensQueen

KleensQueen

Awards
Jan. 24

Neck: 18.5
Shoulder: 56.25
Chest: 51.5
Waist: 49
Abdomen: 58
Hips: 53
Thigh: 27
Knee: 17
Calf: 17.25
Ankle: 10.5
Arm: 16.75
Forearm: 12
Wrist: 7.33

Feb. 6th

Neck: 18
Shoulder: 55.5
Chest: 49.5
Waist: 48
Abdomen: 56.75
Hips: 51
Thigh: 27.75
Knee: 16.25
Calf: 16.75
Ankle: 9.5
Arm: 16.25
Forearm: 11
Wrist: 7.25

March 18

Neck: 18.5
Shoulder: 54.125
Chest: 48.5
Waist: 46.0
Abdomen: 55.75
Hips: 49.25
Thigh: 26.5
Knee: 16.0
Calf: 17.5
Ankle: 10.0
Arm: 16.0
Forearm: 12.25
Wrist: 7.25

So overall there has been some changes. Which is a good thing. But being the stubborn person i am expected more. Its all good though.
AWESOME JOB BUB! LOVE IT! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK! XOXO

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
An ankle support can help a lot too. I had a lot of pain in that same area last year during my cut when I was doing a lot of treadmill. I got an ankle supporter and it helped a lot.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Seems like the worst it would be is a sprain, if you tore your achiles tendon, you would not be able to walk, you'd fall over.

RICE. Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation. 20 minutes icing, 20 minutes off. Don't use heat for at least 3 days. Take it a little easy, but don't let up completely! It should heal whether you rest or not, just depends on how long it will take.

However, I come from the school of hardknocks, and I rarely go to the doctor (they never tell me something I don't already know).
Yeah I am a tad hard headed as well. I actually used tiger balm and although I couldnt put much pressure on my left leg. The tiger balm helped ease the soreness.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's fantastic that you have jumped on this bandwagon to kickstart you. Just remember this is only the begining, you're in this for the long haul. Take care of yourself, don't do anything stupid that will debiitate you. Make intellegent decisions, I have run into more than my share of setbacks and it never benefits you to overdo it and be sidelined.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You guys couldnt be more correct. I am in this for the long haul. I may not hit my goal I wanted by the end of this contest. But believe me I will complete this task. I am sick of say ah wtf whi cares. It took a long time for me to get motivated. Now that I have the passion again the sky is the limit. With people like all of you who show a complete stranger the support and having a brother in law make his personal transformation it is an awesome thing to be involved with.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You guys couldnt be more correct. I am in this for the long haul. I may not hit my goal I wanted by the end of this contest. But believe me I will complete this task. I am sick of say ah wtf whi cares. It took a long time for me to get motivated. Now that I have the passion again the sky is the limit. With people like all of you who show a complete stranger the support and having a brother in law make his personal transformation it is an awesome thing to be involved with.
Well when we help others we help ourselves... power of postive energy increases when it shared cuz that's what it's for. That's how God made it.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
wow are my arms, back and abs on fire. worked out pretty hard tonight, so much at the end i was dizzy and almost blew chunks. Doing my work outs with out any fat burners as i ran out. Time to get some more.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's fantastic that you have jumped on this bandwagon to kickstart you. Just remember this is only the begining, you're in this for the long haul. Take care of yourself, don't do anything stupid that will debiitate you. Make intellegent decisions, I have run into more than my share of setbacks and it never benefits you to overdo it and be sidelined.
very good advice here.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff Jeff! We are definitely here to support you. Keep on with consistency and the sky is the limit as you said.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Holy smoke am I feeling sore in my chest, back, and arms. But it is a nice feeling. Time to beat my self up some more tomorrow night. Today was my lay day since it was my bday. I turned officially to damn old. Lol 38 if ya really want to know. Have a good night all. Time to put the chitlin to bed and hit the bed myself.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Holy smoke am I feeling sore in my chest, back, and arms. But it is a nice feeling. Time to beat my self up some more tomorrow night. Today was my lay day since it was my bday. I turned officially to damn old. Lol 38 if ya really want to know. Have a good night all. Time to put the chitlin to bed and hit the bed myself.
Nice work you are puttting in, and ya got to love those good pains.

Happy Birthday man, you arent old...I'm only a year behind you

:birthday:

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Happy Birthday!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Happy birthday man. Keep up the hard work because it is def paying off.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Happy b'day.. 38 is not old, I didn't even start feeling my age till my late forties and yah I feell it but ... I don't care!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Jeff you have dropped about 5 years off of the way you should feel in the past 2 months so this was a Happy Birthday for sure. Oh yeah guys I didn't forget it on his day. I texted him. More importantly my beautiful daughter called him and sang to him.

Man I didn't get to try one of those ritas you told me about. I will have to some other day.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Jeff you have dropped about 5 years off of the way you should feel in the past 2 months so this was a Happy Birthday for sure. Oh yeah guys I didn't forget it on his day. I texted him. More importantly my beautiful daughter called him and sang to him.

Man I didn't get to try one of those ritas you told me about. I will have to some other day.
Yes you did remember. And that sweet little girl of your sang like an angel.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yes you did remember. And that sweet little girl of your sang like an angel.
Not too bad at all for 7, she wants singing lessons too. But dang, Karate, and Gymnastics this summer I can't afford singing lessons just yet! LOL If Cathy is out of work this summer we will have to send her up there for a week let you all run her around. Maybe feed her to them coyotes, save me a lil money! LOL

Oh No, I am an :*******: Besides she would either tame them or come home with a pelt.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The P90x was getting old and I was at a plateau(sp). So here is my new plan of attack.

Day 1

Cardio H.I.I.T.

Incline Barbell Press
1 set 15 reps
1 set 8 reps
1 set absolute failure

Dumbbell Bench Press
1 set 15 reps
1 set 8 reps
1 set absolute failure

Dumbbell Fly
1 set 15 reps
1 set absolute failure

Dips
1 set absolute failure

Day 2

Wide grip Pull Up Front
3 set 10 reps (Or as many as possible)

Barbell Bent Over Row
1 set 12 reps
1 set 8 reps
1 set absolute failure

Seated Cable Row
1 set 15 reps
1 set absolute failure

Day 3

Cardio 35-40 minutes moderate pace

Abs

Lying Crunch
2 sets of 20

Hanging Leg Raise
3 set of 25

Lying Side Crunch
3 set 15 each side

Machine Crunch with Weight
1 set of 10

Day 4

Shoulders

Barbell Press Front
1 set 15 reps
1 set 8 reps
1 set absolute failure

Barbell Shrug
1 set 15 reps
1 set 8 reps
1 set absolute failure

Dumbbell Side Lateral
1 set 15 reps
1 set 8 reps
1 set absolute failure

Dumbbell Rear Lateral
1 set 15 reps
1 set absolute failure

Day 5

Cardio H.I.I.T

Bicep & Triceps

Standing Barbell Curl
1 set 15 reps
1 set 8 reps
1 set absolute failure

Preacher Curl
1 set 15 reps
1 set absolute failure

Incline Dumbbell Curl
1 set absolute failure

Lying Tricep with EZ curl bar
1 set 15-20 reps
1 set 8 reps
1 set absolute failure

Tricep Pushdowns Using straight bar
1 set 15 reps
1 set absolute failure

Tricep Pushdowns Using Rope
1 set absolute failure

Day 6 –OFF

Day 7

Legs

Free Barbell Squat
1 set 15-20 reps
1 set 8 reps
1 set absolute failure

Leg Press
1 set 15 reps
Or
Barbell Lunge
1 set 8 reps
1 set absolute failure

Leg Extensions
1 set absolute failure (10-15 Reps)

Stiff Legged Dead Lift
1 set 15 reps
1 set 8 reps
1 set absolute failure

Lying Leg Curl
1 set absolute failure

Standing Calf Raises
1 set 15-20 reps
1 set 12-15 reps
1 set absolute failure

Day 8 –Chest like day 1

Day 9 –Cardio and like Day 3

Day 10 –OFF

And repeat the cycle.

This might get all jacked up cause I am sending it via stupid phone I will edit this tonight.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The P90x was getting old and I was at a plateau(sp). So here is my new plan of attack.

Day 1 Cardio H.I.I.T. Incline Barbell Press 1 set 15 reps 1 set 8 reps 1 set absolute failure Dumbbell Bench Press 1 set 15 reps 1 set 8 reps 1 set absolute failure Dumbbell Fly 1 set 15 reps 1 set absolute failure Dips 1 set absolute failure Day 2 Wide grip Pull Up Front 3 set 10 reps (Or as many as possible) Barbell Bent Over Row 1 set 12 reps 1 set 8 reps 1 set absolute failure Seated Cable Row 1 set 15 reps 1 set absolute failure Day 3 Cardio 35-40 minutes moderate pace Abs Lying Crunch 2 sets of 20 Hanging Leg Raise 3 set of 25 Lying Side Crunch 3 set 15 each side Machine Crunch with Weight 1 set of 10 Day 4 Shoulders Barbell Press Front 1 set 15 reps 1 set 8 reps 1 set absolute failure Barbell Shrug 1 set 15 reps 1 set 8 reps 1 set absolute failure Dumbbell Side Lateral 1 set 15 reps 1 set 8 reps 1 set absolute failure Dumbbell Rear Lateral 1 set 15 reps 1 set absolute failure Day 5 Cardio H.I.I.T Bicep & Triceps Standing Barbell Curl 1 set 15 reps 1 set 8 reps 1 set absolute failure Preacher Curl 1 set 15 reps 1 set absolute failure Incline Dumbbell Curl 1 set absolute failure Lying Tricep with EZ curl bar 1 set 15-20 reps 1 set 8 reps 1 set absolute failure Tricep Pushdowns Using straight bar 1 set 15 reps 1 set absolute failure Tricep Pushdowns Using Rope 1 set absolute failure Day 6 –OFF Day 7 Legs Free Barbell Squat 1 set 15-20 reps 1 set 8 reps 1 set absolute failure Leg Press 1 set 15 reps Or Barbell Lunge 1 set 8 reps 1 set absolute failure Leg Extensions 1 set absolute failure (10-15 Reps) Stiff Legged Dead Lift 1 set 15 reps 1 set 8 reps 1 set absolute failure Lying Leg Curl 1 set absolute failure Standing Calf Raises 1 set 15-20 reps 1 set 12-15 reps 1 set absolute failure Day 8 –Chest like day 1 Day 9 –Cardio and like Day 3 Day 10 –OFF

This might get all jacked up cause I am sending it via stupid phone I will edit this tonight.
Man you should not have let the phone company give you something called a stupid phone. It really doesn't paint you in a good light. Please tell me Cathy doesn't wear an "I'm with stupid!" shirt too?

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol. Well you know these so called smart phone dont always do what you type. Lol oh and no she doesnt have a shirt like that but she does have one that just reads
F.o.c.u.s. I wonder how many people knows the meaning. Lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lol. Well you know these so called smart phone dont always do what you type. Lol oh and no she doesnt have a shirt like that but she does have one that just reads
F.o.c.u.s. I wonder how many people knows the meaning. Lol
If I know I don't remember but I can come up with several colorful ones off the top of my head.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL stands for

F (F...)
O (Off)
C (Cause)
U (Your)
S (Stupid)

Of all people Tiff came up with that. LOL...

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 1 complete of new program. Wow it has been a long time with no actual weights. Felt real good though and finished it off with cardio.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks like you have a nice routine lined up Chevy!! You've done well my friend and deserve to go to the next level...good to see you hitting the weights ;)

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks Rick. Hoping it will help me shed the rest of my bodyfat and get me lean. That way i can show all of you ripped guys what a fat guy can do. LOL...

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Holy crap is my chest sore already. I used 140 lbs for the incline since the wife was my spotter. At first it was not so easy. But once I hit the second rep I could have put a tad mire weight on. I used 45's for dumbbell press and 25 for the flys.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh and this was officially first day back in gym with actual weights. So over all not to bad.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh and this was officially first day back in gym with actual weights. So over all not to bad.
Yah that's a good start, plus it's best not to go too crazy when you first get back. Got to get used to lifting again.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How is Cathie, she is gonna hate you for that workout. LOL Good workout though. Seems like I have seen something similar before. Seems a decent bit of volume for as many To absolute failure sets you are running, but that is just me. How long did the workout take you? How heavy do the DB's go there?

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So true dreamweaver. Chris, Cathie just emailed me saying she is freaking sore. Lol. We didnt do the failure on the incline and the barbell. Want to give it a few workouts. Since the dip machine was in use so I used the seated machine with weights. I was pushing down 100 lbs on that.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh and the while workout took approx 45 minutes with both of us. Then we did cardio after. And I think I saw some 85 lbs dumbbells. I really wasnt looking to be honest.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So true dreamweaver. Chris, Cathie just emailed me saying she is freaking sore. Lol. We didnt do the failure on the incline and the barbell. Want to give it a few workouts. Since the dip machine was in use so I used the seated machine with weights. I was pushing down 100 lbs on that.
Whew, glad you got the email on that before you went to the gym you would have been toast. That is why I didn't give you the Warrior workout yet, letting you build up to that before subjecting you to the madness!

I am proud of you brother, it is awesome that you are sticking with this.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you. Actually i didnt get you email until this morning. LOL.. I did this workout to plan ahead. There are some things that we will do until failure but not everything "Yet". I guess great minds think alike. lol.

Oh on another note the dumbbells go up to 155.

Tonights workout was nice being only a 35 minute workout. Then cardio afterwards. Can i just say pull ups suck. I ended up having to use that machine that help fat asses like me complete the task at hand. I was so mad but i powered through it. My Chest is friggen sore from day 1 work out. And can already feel my upper back. I used 135 for my bent over barbell rows and on my cable rows i works out with 100 lbs. I think it was the right weight for now. once i hit the 12th reps i had to really push hard to get the last 3 in to complete the first set of 15. Next set to failure was with the same weight and i only did another 15. I am pleased so far. And was sweating like a french Whore.... Sorry if i offended anyone.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
oui oui!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thank you. Actually i didnt get you email until this morning. LOL.. I did this workout to plan ahead. There are some things that we will do until failure but not everything "Yet". I guess great minds think alike. lol.

Oh on another note the dumbbells go up to 155.

Tonights workout was nice being only a 35 minute workout. Then cardio afterwards. Can i just say pull ups suck. I ended up having to use that machine that help fat asses like me complete the task at hand. I was so mad but i powered through it. My Chest is friggen sore from day 1 work out. And can already feel my upper back. I used 135 for my bent over barbell rows and on my cable rows i works out with 100 lbs. I think it was the right weight for now. once i hit the 12th reps i had to really push hard to get the last 3 in to complete the first set of 15. Next set to failure was with the same weight and i only did another 15. I am pleased so far. And was sweating like a french Whore.... Sorry if i offended anyone.
Nice work, is Cathie telling you she is going to smack you yet?

WeeWee what wait a minute.... LOL

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Surprisingly enough she is being a trooper. She is very sore, but I told her isnt it nice to be sore for actually doing something instead of just old age. Needless to say she said yes then proceeded to smack me in the arm and called me a jerk. Lol.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Surprisingly enough she is being a trooper. She is very sore, but I told her isnt it nice to be sore for actually doing something instead of just old age. Needless to say she said yes then proceeded to smack me in the arm and called me a jerk. Lol.
Ha I could see that happening as I read it!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Women are tough... don't have to go easy on them...:yup:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This is very important to the availability and freedom of supplements. Big pharmacy is once again attacking the supplement industry, and wants to make Vitamins and any supplement with health benefits or hormone altering ability illegal to make and then turn them into prescription medications. Read more about it at the link or just take my word for it you do not want this bill passed through Congress!!!!!

At this link you can click a link to send an email to your Congress reps an email stating you do not support this bill. It will take 2 minutes of your time. Send your friends a PM and get them to this thread or copy this into your own log and get the word out, this bill must be squashed!!!

The Leahy Bill is BACK! | Welcome to the Alliance for Natural Health - USA

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is very important to the availability and freedom of supplements. Big pharmacy is once again attacking the supplement industry, and wants to make Vitamins and any supplement with health benefits or hormone altering ability illegal to make and then turn them into prescription medications. Read more about it at the link or just take my word for it you do not want this bill passed through Congress!!!!!

At this link you can click a link to send an email to your Congress reps an email stating you do not support this bill. It will take 2 minutes of your time. Send your friends a PM and get them to this thread or copy this into your own log and get the word out, this bill must be squashed!!!

The Leahy Bill is BACK! | Welcome to the Alliance for Natural Health - USA
wow thats some serious **** there Kleen

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LMAO :toofunny:

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok so something wierd is going on. I had lost some more lbs after the first 3 days of the new workout. Then last night I had biceps and triceps. I used 50 llvs on my barbell standing curls as well as on my preacher curls. On used 25 lbs on the lying incline dumbbell curl. And on the triceps i used 70 lbs for the straight bar pushdowns and 100 lbs on the rope pushdown.

I jump on the scale this morning and I was 3 lbs heavier than yesterday morning. Wtf...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Either you have changes something else up, added in a new supplement, had a few more carbs, didn't drink enough water yesterday and are holding some, you need to take a crap. Your pus$y is hurting and that is making you retain water??? ;) Inflammation from being sore can cause retention.

Don't weigh yourself daily Jeff, it can destroy your motivation. Fluctuations of 5lbs day to day are not uncommon at all. Don't let it get in your head. How is that Natadrol treating you? Is recovery improving, I guess it is probably hard to tell since I am sure you are working harder being able to lift in the gym. Nice isn't it!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Weight fluctuations do happen a lot especially if not taken under same time and conditions. I weigh always first thing in the morning after using the bathroom and with just underwear on before eating or drinking anything at always the dame time. But even with that I will get some fluctuation depending on what was eaten or drank the day/night before...

Don't let that bother you...just keep killing that sh1t!!;)

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rick that is exactly what i do. Wake up take morning pee jump on scale and then either treadmill or shower.

Chris, It is hard to say. I started taking them while only doing the P90x. Since this is the first time in the gym using it. I haven't noticed anything. I don't have that aggression people talk about that is for sure. Even with me going from 2/2/2 to 3/2/3 per day. I must say i pee a lot more taking it.

You know come to think of it since i came home early yesterday i didn't eat as much as normal nor did i drink as much fluid. And hell i didn't even take any supplements after the morning. No fat burner or Natadrol.