Last AM post EVER! Final thoughts...

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The problem I see is companies claiming this knowing it will never happen in the first place;

In our own pilot study, a group of 12 exercising men were found to experience the following, on average, over a 30-day period while using USPLabs Prime:

4.29 lbs increase in body weight
6.37 lbs increase in lean body mass
2.08 lbs decrease in fat mass
40.83 lbs increase in bench press strength (3 RM)
54.58 lbs increase in squat strength (3 RM)

If this isn't going to be accomplished by EVERYONE. Then you shouldn't be making the claim in the first place. That doesn't just go out to USP, that's everyone.
not sure if srs

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
awesome last post. Just going out with a bang hahaa

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
If this isn't going to be accomplished by EVERYONE. Then you shouldn't be making the claim in the first place. That doesn't just go out to USP, that's everyone.
Please let me know what form of supplementation (herbal, or hormonal), food source, pharmaceutical drug, etc. elicits a universal response...

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
And for those complaining about message boards being advertisements, it's simple: if you don't agree with the structure of a FREE online forum, leave.
I agree, Without the ads of these companies we wouldn't have a forum to discuss nutrition and exercise on. Though many of us clearly see what's going on and could respectfully challenge the claims of these companies we keep our "mouths shut". It's out of respect for what keeps the board alive.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I agree, Without the ads of these companies we wouldn't have a forum to discuss nutrition and exercise on. Though many of us clearly see what's going on and could respectfully challenge the claims of these companies we keep our "mouths shut". It's out of respect for what keeps the board alive.
This makes NO sense...

I bet if you question a company too much, you will get the boot. Why? Money = Abusive power. Some beg for supplements day in and day out throughout the board; hell, I've seen one guy beg to be a Mod... Beg I say, like a dog. You can praise companies until you become a Rep, or get free sh*t; you can question the science or safety of a product and get the boot. Trust me.

Off topic, I know.

Marketing for companies is a must if one wishes to advance beyond the realm of an Internet Forum. I am sure that the owners do not wake up and say, “Hey, I want everyone on the Internet to respect my decisions, thusly, giving me great pride.” No, on the contrary; it’s more like, “Hey, it’s time to move into the main stream and make some money to feed my family.”

This very thread is giving said company free marketing. With controversy comes curiosity; with curiosity comes free will to purchase said controversial product. Money in the bank!

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
If you, or an employee of yours, were approached by a total stranger and asked the aforementioned question; would your, or your employees, positive opinion regarding your services be considered biased?
Of course its going to be biased. If i ran a business i would want my employees being biased. As a smart consumer its your responsibility to look beyond typical company jargon. The reality is most consumers don’t. If they did marketing would just be one big money pit. The hard part is finding those who are truly indifferent and are educated enough to give an informative response

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
I own and operate two small retail bedding stores. I do a lot of research when it comes to marketing, so we can strategically spend the money we can alot for advertising and bringing in revenue. One of the things that has helped us the most is word of mouth publicity, which is built by rapport. I think a company is **** without customer rapport, wether the product is good or crap. Honestly, everyone who purchases the same product will have different views on it. Take a look at consumer digest. Do you honestly think that is a good place to make a decision about something? You have people who get buyer's remorse, you have people who don't use products as directed, you have people who react adversely, which doesn't mean that the next consumer will. Marketing sure has it's role but I think people in marketing would be the creme de la creme if everyone fell for ever scheme. You gotta be clever and on your feet to sell to the average consumer who may have several different products considered, and you gotta try even harder to get to the skeptics. Sure if your campaign seems like a scheme then you will get nothing but idiot consumers and that surely can't be a reflection of your company, because you will go out of business sooner than later. But you have to understand that all of these supplement companies have to make money too. They have an interest in what makes a company succeed. Income. There's a long list of things a company has to do to survive in todays world, and you're always gonna have haters. Always going to have critics. Always going to have people mad at you because they regret spending their money or the product isn't what they were looking for.

In the business I am in, all of my employees are honest and they are informative. I get very few complaints about the actual service, maybe more about the product, but our approach is to inform the consumer and make them aware of what's what before they buy. We're not like the big chain stores, we're not like car dealerships. We don't sell what's convenient to our stock levels, we sell what the customers believe will be the right choice for them. So I can't say my business is much like the supplement industry, we don't pay a lot of money for studies and clever labels and promotions however these companies are still around because for one reason or other they're doing something right. It's not fair to make this about ourselves and tell everyone what a crock something is because it didnt live up to our expectations. Sure feedback is always appreciated, but let it be that. Feedback. Don't ruin it for the people still wanting to try something out and for the company working hard to please it's clientele. It's your job to do the research behind something, especially for what you're putting into your body and it's your decision when you give an account/ bank card number, no matter if it's a 2 dollar purchase or you're buying a bently or a house. It's your decision, no one makes you do it.

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Hey all.

I've been with this forum for quite some time, starting as a lurker and eventually making my way into posting. Over the short period I have been around, I have seen all the big "Double-Extreme Extra-Top-Secret Formula Revolutionary blah blah blah..." stuff come out and I will admit I have fallen victim to all of it on several occasions. The bottom line is that I bought into the marketing of the companies selling such products, expecting the gains they promised, and ended up with nothing to show for it. I did, however, manage to lose several pounds in my wallet.

Nothing against USP, although I will admit that they have been the company to garner the most of my sup funds (Prime, OEP, VAT Attack, etc.) but the Pink Magic threads have been the straw to break the camels back. This industry has become run by hype, "studies", sponsors, and some killer advertising/marketing strategies. I have been suckered into most of these products and I have spent an all too large sum of money on supplements that were ultimately a let down.

To end my rant, I will still be lingering around these forums, i suppose, but this will be my last post. My apologies to USP employees if you feel I have singled out your company... I assure you that is not what I am trying to do. The industry as a whole, however, has evolved into its own animal that I will no longer support.

Thank you everyone, Its been fun. I'll seclude myself back to being a lurker 'round the bulking/dieting forums ;) Peace.
The consumer is creating the Pink Magic threads not USPlabs.

How about I send you a bottle of Pink Magic on the casa?
Please take him up this offer, and submit a full log w/ diet and training. A legitimate offer to satisfy a dissatisfied customer was made, and that's pretty stand up in my book. The offer in and of itself shows a tremendous amount of confidence that the product does in fact work, and would change your disgruntledness (i made up a word :lol )

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Please take him up this offer, and submit a full log w/ diet and training. A legitimate offer to satisfy a dissatisfied customer was made, and that's pretty stand up in my book. The offer in and of itself shows a tremendous amount of confidence that the product does in fact work, and would change your disgruntledness (i made up a word :lol )
x2 someone would not just throw a bottle away on a disbeliever if they didnt stand behind it.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
x2 someone would not just throw a bottle away on a disbeliever if they didnt stand behind it.
All my evil corporate bias aside, you can find hundreds - and I mean that, literally - of instances where Jacob does something similar. In fact, I have personally given members whom hated me, not just the company, complimentary product at the risk that they would propagate nonsense.

If there is such a thing as "objectivity" in consumer feedback, it is derived from those who have the most to gain in spreading negativity about your brand - if they can consume a product and be convinced of its effects, it speaks volume about a product's general worth.

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
not sure if srs
Yeah it was serious. Guy asked why people were expecting PH/Steroid like gains from supplements. Just look at the "advertising".

Hey, tell me if even half of the users got those results. It's bull**** claim that not many will ever see. Then you have the "protocols" so instead of that extra 1% you get that extra 1.2%! Then when you ask why I didn't get the results your product claims to give. Well then it's just the users fault, the users training, the users diet. There is no possible way to say that hey, this product just doesn't work as advertised. The tests subjects were legit!! It's just all round ****ing retarded.

Too many people here rely on "supps" and not actual knowledge. I look at the lists of supps some people take and just shake my head. Why try to learn the science of the body and working out when this magic pill will make me big! The reps and owners tell me so!! Gimme a ****ing break.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
Yeah it was serious. Guy asked why people were expecting PH/Steroid like gains from supplements. Just look at the "advertising".

Hey, tell me if even half of the users got those results. It's bull**** claim that not many will ever see. Then you have the "protocols". It's just all round ****ing retarded.

Too many people here rely on "supps" and not actual knowledge.
hey Dizmal, i agree with your last sentence. but as far as calling a companies claim bullsh!t without some evidence to back that up doesnt have a place on the boards.

anyone can say something is garbage on any given day. come with some evidence on why this product is garbage, and you will have my attention.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
All my evil corporate bias aside, you can find hundreds - and I mean that, literally - of instances where Jacob does something similar. In fact, I have personally given members whom hated me, not just the company, complimentary product at the risk that they would propagate nonsense.

If there is such a thing as "objectivity" in consumer feedback, it is derived from those who have the most to gain in spreading negativity about your brand - if they can consume a product and be convinced of its effects, it speaks volume about a product's general worth.
Send me all the products ya want! I won't hate ya! LOL and I sure dont pull punches..

But yes i agree with you

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established

Hey, tell me if even half of the users got those results. It's bull**** claim that not many will ever see. Then you have the "protocols" so instead of that extra 1% you get that extra 1.2%! Then when you ask why I didn't get the results your product claims to give. Well then it's just the users fault, the users training, the users diet. There is no possible way to say that hey, this product just doesn't work as advertised. The tests subjects were legit!! It's just all round ****ing retarded.

Too many people here rely on "supps" and not actual knowledge. I look at the lists of supps some people take and just shake my head. Why try to learn the science of the body and working out when this magic pill will make me big! The reps and owners tell me so!! Gimme a ****ing break.
Dizmal, have you personally tried Prime?

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
Dizmal, have you personally tried Prime?

Yes, 2 bottles at the recommended dosing when it first released. I felt great, muscles full, the whole body hardness, loved flexing in front of the mirror etc. But when it came to making real gains in strength and adding 40.83 lbs increase in bench press strength (3 RM) and 54.58 lbs increase in squat strength (3 RM). Well, it just wasn't there, especially not in "30 days". I dunno who the hell the 12 guys were making those kind of strength gains in 30 days at the recommended dosing. Newbs??

It was a $130 lesson learned on don't believe the hype :08: While steak doesn't make me feel like that, it would still have given me the same strength gains. Which is all that matters.

This whole hype and advertising can really come back to bite a company in the ass. If you can't gaurantee your customers will get close to those gains everytime they use. Then you're not accurately advertising your product. Better to under promise and over produce than have the opposite. I know I will never fall into their hype machine again. Once bitten, twice shy.

Besides, I seem to just fine without these "super supps" and sticking to the basics. Also, if I'm going to spend $130 to get ****ed. It's going to be a way that's pleasurable to me and spend it taking the gf out on some dates as apposed to handing it over to supp companies. :fest30:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
For your next supplement purchase, I would suggest some Rhodiola, Bacopa, and some GABA: you need to calm down by a few degrees of magnitude, ha.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
For your next supplement purchase, I would suggest some Rhodiola, Bacopa, and some GABA: you need to calm down by a few degrees of magnitude, ha.
I took too much of that before a live-event pot limit omaha 8OB game. FML, dude.

I figured out my cognitive poker concoction, though, and I'll never tell. :silly:

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
From my experience, MST's Somnidren-Gh works really well too. Beyond awesome sleep!

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
I took too much of that before a live-event pot limit omaha 8OB game. FML, dude.

I figured out my cognitive poker concoction, though, and I'll never tell. :silly:
PM me with this concoction please. :)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
PM me with this concoction please. :)
Tell me what games you play and your winrate and I'll consider it. I can't risk losing butter-soft cash; the field is already getting tighter with this UIGEA BS! :p

EDIT: PT or HEM graph preferred.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I think you should always draw some suspicion when a product forms a "special deal" with someone like GNC. USPlabs got a large ad for the product on the front page of GNC.com and while I have not been to a GNC store, very likely there is some large ad or two for this product as well.

Noting specifically the ad on GNC.com you can see that the slideshow shares the space with brands Gatorade(big name), GNC-store-label products, and some GNC-related sale. And considering that GNC is a lot "bigger" and "more known" than say, VitaminShoppe, this does not look like it was a cheap deal at all.

Maybe I am just being a bit picky, but in my opinion, it almost as though USPlabs is a bit worried about the success of this product. I mean, why else would they shell out so much money for an ad campaign for one product? While at the same time you have other products succeeding both in sales and reviews while, as it seems, sticking to word of mouth and no fancy ad campaigns.

$69 + large ad campaign...Just something you see companies like BSN, MuscleTech and the like do...So I think it is unsurprising that people are being left unconvinced.

I am not saying advertising is bad. But I think there is a certain amount of confidence you have to have in your product for it too succeed, where you do not have to go with a big name like GNC just to help sell your product.
I don't know but seriously, I am completely astounded by this statement....

Ok, the rest is not to you, noot, but in all honesty, do you guys truly believe that people that run a company can do it for free? I have Gatorade flashing across on my swf banner because PEOPLE BUY GATORADE and if I can sell it 5 bucks cheaper than the next man then people are going to buy it from my site. If that helps people get into my site then people will probably buy other products as well. If i include faster shipping, reimbursements, etc, then that is going to only heighten my chances of making a sale.

Now, I do not make supplements (not yet, in the process of getting a lab contracted) but I know full well that I would NOT bite the curb just to stay cool with "the good bros". I would definitely not try to pull the wool over any person's eyes either. It would be a straight shot down the middle.

I treat you fair and give you a fair price that will both save your wallet and give me a decent profit. Would I try and make all my profit from one person? Gouge the poor, HELL NO but i also would not sell a product that is costing me $35,000 in ads and $50,000 for development for $12.99 a pop. These are companies in business to make a profit...the people you see on the boards, reps, they may not get paid in actual dollars but the people that work for these companies, THE ACTUAL people outside of the internet, do expect a PAY CHECK. And, that paycheck is rarely small.

How do you guys expect a company to grow and continue to keep good help if they refuse to pay them? That is what you are asking companies to do, don't pay your employees(or pay them chips), keep prices near cost, and do not look to major brands for co-operative advertising deals. This is called suicide in the retail industry.

USPlabs is not the same company that sent out white tubs with a sticker on the label nor should they strive to be. Nor are any of the other companies. In order to progress in this world you must GROW and in order to do that then you must become financially strong as well as put out stellar products.

Bottom line, you cannot expect golden products with copper budgets. Anyone believing a company should do this is, pardon me, an idiot.

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
Tell me what games you play and your winrate and I'll consider it. I can't risk losing butter-soft cash; the field is already getting tighter with this UIGEA BS! :p

EDIT: PT or HEM graph preferred.
I play a decent amount of live 2/5 NL. I live in Philly, which is pretty close to AC. I win more than I lose, no stat sheets or anything though.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Also, I would like to add and I am sorry if I offend anyone but anytime that a person says that they did not GET ANYTHING whatsoever from a supplement then they are either lying or they had NO IDEA what to do when taking that particular supplement...

I do not care if the supplement had chicken shyt in the mix, it should elicit SOME type of effect period. I think people believe that they are going to take a pill and get the effects of a steroid or a stimulant, which are filled with ingredients that one can "FEEL".

I think that if a person cannot feel something then they equate that with ineffectiveness.

And for those that say 100% of the supplements out there are bullshyttt, I will dare any of you to take a stimulant and grossly overdose that product. Since it does nothing then everything should turn out great? eh?

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
One last tidbit, I think HTS said this also...

If a person is 155lbs and after they run 8 weeks of PRIME/testopro then they are STILL at 155lbs or even at 160lbs then they obviously had no CLUE what they were doing and they were hanging on the ads only.

Because, if a person can HONESTLY sit behind the screen and say they cycled for 8 weeks with a natural product and didn't gain any weight or strength then that particular person is a damn fool, completely. It is obvious that you did NOTHING toward diet or training if you stayed 155 for 8 weeks!!! This is undeniably the truth.

Hell, even if you ate grapes and turkey slices for 8 weeks then you should have gained 1lb at least OR hell, lost several lbs...but to stay exactly the SAME, complete and utter bullssshhyyytt!!!

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
The problem I see is companies claiming this knowing it will never happen in the first place;

In our own pilot study, a group of 12 exercising men were found to experience the following, on average, over a 30-day period while using USPLabs Prime:

4.29 lbs increase in body weight
6.37 lbs increase in lean body mass
2.08 lbs decrease in fat mass
40.83 lbs increase in bench press strength (3 RM)
54.58 lbs increase in squat strength (3 RM)

Over 6 billion humans. It is impossible to test everyone...

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
USPLabs the center of attention again, eh? Lol. I hate usp's marketing, but that has 0 to do with the efficiacy of their isht. Super Cissus is the best Cissus around, and they introduced us to it, everyone else is a knockoff. Pslin works. AP works for the people pslin doesn't ;) . Dominatp was a great, cheap product. I had a poor opinion of powerfull for a long time, until I discovered I was doing it wrong, and taking it too close to food before bed. I haven't tried Prime or Pink Vaginagic, but I hope to sometime.

The OP is a little bitch. I disagree with the complaint, but that's his right. No problem. But to complain, and point fingers, then walk away when a solution is handed to you is disrespecting the company you were complaining about. I can guarantee the OP won't accept and log it, because he's too personally weak to post up his diet and routine, and accept the constructive criticism.

"Hey, chevy sucks"

Well, I own chevy. Here's the keys to a brand new one, drive it for a month and get back to us.

"NO!"

Lol, srsly? Not everyone here is a gullible, ignorant consumer. I browse the supplement forum because that's my main interest at this point. I see something of interest, I google the ingredients, hit up pubmed, etc, and see if it's worth my time. I don't take anyone's 'writeup' at face value, though many writeups are pretty damn informative, and point in a direction to research on my own.

So congrats on your openess and transparency. You're a gullible ignoramus; you know it, and now we all do too. Thanks for bringing me to that conclusion so quickly and painlessly (I only had to read a single post of yours)!

Btw, here is a random list of supplements that work, absolutely NOT in any sort of order whatsoever.

Super cissus
White flood
Man clout
Ragnorok
Cre02
Primal male
Green bulge
Rpm
Formestane lv
Blue gene
Somnidren
Cordygen5
Body octane
Reduction pm
Purple wraath
Testofen
Lucidrol
Nocturnabol
Knockout
Endorush/noxplode
Scorch
Oximega
Orange triad

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
And btw I fully concur with those who say "if you didn't gain over the course of a log, you did it wrong".

I used to be 6'0" and 165, a ****-hot mt biker in insane cardio shape. Over 3 years I went up to 195, and I now fluctuate between 185-200. I have ups and downs that come with the business of life/wife/kids/work, but if I log a product, I bring my best to the table for the effort, so as to extract the mpost from the product, and after 20 years of non-stop training, I know when a product is helping and when it isn't. Either way I'll gain; but when I'm doing hard judo 3 times a week, only working out with weights 3x 20 minutes/week, not always eating and sleeping right, AND STILL PUT ON 8 SOLID LBS in 2 bottles/6-8weeks, well you can bet I will credit the Primal Male.

omni

omni

Awards
  • Established
A lot of marketing schemes promise steroid like results. In my early years i fell for most of them and was disappointed with my results. Looking back, my training was dead on. My diet was good. My goals without drugs; unattainable. There was and is no supplement to achieve what I wanted and if you believe there is, you're wrong. Without drugs, you can only get so big. Thats the truth. I still use supplements such as creatine, glutamine, protein, and others to supplement my diet. If i'm cutting, i'll use supplements to speed it up. The fitness industry is a huge business and like everyone else, their out there to make money. Some of its all hype but as consumers we need to educate ourselves on the products we buy- if we fall for the hype; good marketing.

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
I do not care if the supplement had chicken shyt in the mix, it should elicit SOME type of effect period. I think people believe that they are going to take a pill and get the effects of a steroid or a stimulant, which are filled with ingredients that one can "FEEL".
It may elicit an effect but it doesn’t mean it will be one you ever notice regardless of how in tune you are with your body. If someone is in the mindset that their purchased supp is going to bring about steroid like gains then 9 times out of 10 its because the product was marketed that way. While i think that it is very important to be informed on the products you buy that mindset comes from experience. We all didn’t start off that way, most of us don’t research everything we buy, and im sure we all have made ignorant decisions is some form or fashion.

The OP is a little bitch. I disagree with the complaint, but that's his right. No problem. But to complain, and point fingers, then walk away when a solution is handed to you is disrespecting the company you were complaining about. I can guarantee the OP won't accept and log it, because he's too personally weak to post up his diet and routine, and accept the constructive criticism.

lol, srsly? Not everyone here is a gullible, ignorant consumer. I browse the supplement forum because that's my main interest at this point. I see something of interest, I google the ingredients, hit up pubmed, etc, and see if it's worth my time. I don't take anyone's 'writeup' at face value, though many writeups are pretty damn informative, and point in a direction to research on my own.

So congrats on your openess and transparency. You're a gullible ignoramus; you know it, and now we all do too. Thanks for bringing me to that conclusion so quickly and painlessly (I only had to read a single post of yours)!
Do we even know if he has logged on since this post to see USPLabs offer? Logic would suggest he has but i try not to make assumptions that leave me looking ignorant. Lets give this guy the benefit of the doubt. Im surprised how much people are getting worked up over this post and Jacob isnt one of them. You really should take it down a notch. If you trying to tell me you have never made an ignorant purchase then i will assume you are a liar. Back when i was 18 i was buying celltech, nitrotech, and musclemilk because a buddy of mine recommended it to me. A lot of people here will pimp products blindly probably hoping that company with throw them a bone or allow them to be a rep. You can either be apart of that group or you can help guide people like this guy, away from future ignorant decisions, by offering help. We need more "Christian" folks on this forum. People are so quick to flame its ridiculous. I see your dramatic post as being no different than his. His post was probably made in built up emotion and i hope he reconsiders posting here as there are people here to help guild you when you **** up.
As far as USPLabs is concerned i love some of their products, the only ones ive tried, but that doesn’t convince me enough that their products like Prime and Pink Magic are worth the gamble of my 50+ dollars. I kind of feel like their advertisement is so over the top because the product wont speak for itself, even though ive enjoyed the ones like AP and P-slin, because there are plenty of companies that advertise in the same fashion and their products don’t follow through. Another problem i have with such strong advertisement is that, while most of us here know that supp are only for support, they suggest that the product is the answer to obtaining physique dreams in no time flat. Again its up to the consumer to maintain an open mind but, like i stated before, that would leave advertisement, as a whole, a futile attempt at raking in customers. While I may or may not believe certain USP products can live to their hype im not going to hate on them, their products, or their advertising because their products are so unique and people do seem to have results. Well im done soap boxing and going off on tangents for one post lol. Spread the love and not the hate. We are all brothers and sisters here with a common goal and I hate seeing posts that bring this place one step closer to BB.com

Big3upgrade

Big3upgrade

Awards
  • Established
Yes! I insisted, and still insist, that you focus on substance.

I rep for USPLabs with a deep passion. Every day. And I am proud of it! If you do not like my style, fair enough.
Wow you are a piece of ****. Grow the **** up kid, neg? neg? neg?, are you mentally retarded? or are you butt hurt because somethings were said about USPL? Internet is a serious business huh? Why don't you spend time helping people that are NOT getting results with your bull**** products, rather than acting a child on here negging every single person who does not agree with your opinion.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow you are a piece of ****. Grow the **** up kid, neg? neg? neg?, are you mentally retarded? or are you butt hurt because somethings were said about USPL? Internet is a serious business huh? Why don't you spend time helping people that are NOT getting results with your bull**** products, rather than acting a child on here negging every single person who does not agree with your opinion.
Thank you! But I refuse to interact with anyone with the level of maturity reflected by your skewed comprehension skills and reckless choice of words and phrases from your apparently compromised vocabulary.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, 2 bottles at the recommended dosing when it first released. I felt great, muscles full, the whole body hardness, loved flexing in front of the mirror etc. But when it came to making real gains in strength and adding 40.83 lbs increase in bench press strength (3 RM) and 54.58 lbs increase in squat strength (3 RM). Well, it just wasn't there, especially not in "30 days". I dunno who the hell the 12 guys were making those kind of strength gains in 30 days at the recommended dosing. Newbs??

It was a $130 lesson learned on don't believe the hype :08: While steak doesn't make me feel like that, it would still have given me the same strength gains. Which is all that matters.

This whole hype and advertising can really come back to bite a company in the ass. If you can't gaurantee your customers will get close to those gains everytime they use. Then you're not accurately advertising your product. Better to under promise and over produce than have the opposite. I know I will never fall into their hype machine again. Once bitten, twice shy.

Besides, I seem to just fine without these "super supps" and sticking to the basics. Also, if I'm going to spend $130 to get ****ed. It's going to be a way that's pleasurable to me and spend it taking the gf out on some dates as apposed to handing it over to supp companies. :fest30:
Many do get the strength gains I got 70 lbs on my squats in six weeks, I watched my son add 40 on bench and 60 on squats in 4 weeks. My ex-trainer had very similar results although I don't remember the exact numbers but he hit personal records after 30 some years of training and he is world class... Everyone he gave it to had good strength gains.

If I thought like you then I would assume that you were the one that is shooting the bull. but I don't because I know that different people react differently to different herbs. Prime's biggest flaw is that it is somewhat inconsistant. Not as inconsistant as some would believe, as a significant chunk of non-responders are full of it or just don't know what they are doing, but yes there are a reasonable number of non-responders. Some herbs are much more consistant like Testopro seems to have very few non-reponders.

Anyhow just wanted to make it clear that those claims are being realized in some people, that Prime is a significant strength supplement for many people is a fact.

Oh and if you were only allowed to put on the label what everyone experienced then the label would be blank because there is no herbal supplement in the world that works the same for everyone.

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
In your earlier post you stated you were a CPA. What makes you a better CPA than those in your surrounding area?

If you, or an employee of yours, were approached by a total stranger and asked the aforementioned question; would your, or your employees, positive opinion regarding your services be considered biased?
Absolutely they would be considered biased. The opinion would be honest and ethical but biased. If a potential client wanted a totally unbiased opinion then they would ask a current client or somone who dealt with us in the past. Now, if the current client were receiving free services for repping the firm then that again would be unbiased.....sound familiar? That sounds like getting free product to rep on this board.

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
I am not saying that supplements companies are unethical blah blah or anything. But what makes the supplement companies money is the fact that their claims will not be truely tested. It's not like chevy saying their new V8 has 450 hp and nobody will test it. Consumer reports or someone will put it on a dyno and then everyone will know. Consumer reports is not going to test such and such test booster to see if it works as it is claimed.

I think it is just the nature of the beast. These products will never be independently tested because 1. there are too many of them 2. it would not be profitable for anyone to test them.

So we are left with this, if you don't mind spending the money then do it....maybe it gives you peace of mind that you are doing EVERYTHING that you can to reach your goal....maybe you pick up that 1% for $1000 a year......who knows!

But I doubt that I spend any more money on something other than protein, creatine or PHs.......just my thoughts, done spending real money on stuff that is not truely tested and MIGHT help. MAYBE isn't worth my money. But that is just me.....to each their own.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Hey all.

I've been with this forum for quite some time, starting as a lurker and eventually making my way into posting. Over the short period I have been around, I have seen all the big "Double-Extreme Extra-Top-Secret Formula Revolutionary blah blah blah..." stuff come out and I will admit I have fallen victim to all of it on several occasions. The bottom line is that I bought into the marketing of the companies selling such products, expecting the gains they promised, and ended up with nothing to show for it. I did, however, manage to lose several pounds in my wallet.

Nothing against USP, although I will admit that they have been the company to garner the most of my sup funds (Prime, OEP, VAT Attack, etc.) but the Pink Magic threads have been the straw to break the camels back. This industry has become run by hype, "studies", sponsors, and some killer advertising/marketing strategies. I have been suckered into most of these products and I have spent an all too large sum of money on supplements that were ultimately a let down.

To end my rant, I will still be lingering around these forums, i suppose, but this will be my last post. My apologies to USP employees if you feel I have singled out your company... I assure you that is not what I am trying to do. The industry as a whole, however, has evolved into its own animal that I will no longer support.

Thank you everyone, Its been fun. I'll seclude myself back to being a lurker 'round the bulking/dieting forums ;) Peace.
Peace out bra! See ya in a few months when some new products drop! I mean...

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
It may elicit an effect but it doesn’t mean it will be one you ever notice regardless of how in tune you are with your body. If someone is in the mindset that their purchased supp is going to bring about steroid like gains then 9 times out of 10 its because the product was marketed that way. While i think that it is very important to be informed on the products you buy that mindset comes from experience. We all didn’t start off that way, most of us don’t research everything we buy, and im sure we all have made ignorant decisions is some form or fashion.
You are correct in terms of the marketing and as you may have seen, I have NOT ONCE MENTIONED anything about the marketing being in good character or not. I am a business man first and foremost. The only thing I have mentioned is that there is a need for this and a must to be done in order to survive in this industry.

The other subject matter, I disagree with you completely. If you take a product and you stay THE SAME then you are not doing ANYTHING whatsoever. That is why i said "feel". If a person does not feel that something is working by actual physical changes (body, temp, mood, strength, sweating, heavy breathing, bloat, weight, shakes, jitters, cramps, etc) then they assume a product does not work or is garbage.

As i said, if a person is 155 when starting 8 weeks of testapro/prime/ghenerate and after 8 weeks they are STILL AT 155 with the SAME BF% then they simply took a pill and watched tv. Unless you have a severe medical condition then there is absolutely NO WAY a person can stay the exact same weight and the exact same bf% while doing a cycle of any of the above mentioned. SOMETHING should change, get smaller, lose fat, gain fat, gain muscle, or anything mentioned in the last paragraph (temp, jitts, cramps, strength, sweat, etc, etc, etc) To say NOTHING happened means to say that my piss didn't even change colors, just for example.

If the op just ate 2 extra peanut butter sandwiches then he should have gained 1 lb, damn!

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Obviously you have NO IDEA who you are talking to? If you did then you would probably choke on your own dyyyck.

Strat has helped numerous people on this site, dude, wtf are you talking about?

Here, let me make a suggestion, take an extension cord, cut the female end off, and split it down the middle. Plug it into an active power-outlet, stick the left wire up your anus and the right wire in your ear....post back on the results.

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
AND LASTLY, I HONESTLY DO NOT GIVE A F*CK WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT A PRODUCT IF YOU WORK FOR THEM OR GET ANYTHING FROM THEM. IT IS GETTING OLD. I WILL GO TO YOUR WEBSITE TO FIND OUT WHAT YOU THINK. I AM HERE TO LISTEN TO WHAT OTHER UNBIASED PEOPLE THINK.
Absolutely they would be considered biased. The opinion would be honest and ethical but biased. If a potential client wanted a totally unbiased opinion then they would ask a current client or somone who dealt with us in the past. Now, if the current client were receiving free services for repping the firm then that again would be unbiased.....sound familiar? That sounds like getting free product to rep on this board.
Exactly my point. Your new statement contradicts your previous post. What you once emphatically considered "biased" is now being justified as "honest and ethical, but biased." Would an employee of yours be rewarded for recommending a product (based on personal user experience), and accumulating potential customers?

In reality, not all supplement company representatives receive monetary compensation for their services; and if they do, it's far from substantial. Instead, most supplement companies will offer their representatives an allowance of "free product" as a alternative incentive.

Additionally, there are literally hundreds of people (unbiased opinions) on this forum alone who will vouch for USPlabs.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
I can't believe this is an actual post :fool2:

Ike is one of the most helpful and intelligent members we have posting here.

Your ignorance astonishes me !

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
Wow I am a bitch. I should probably shut the **** up. All I've done is whine! whine! whine!, I'm feeling mentally retarded after my initial post! I was butt hurt because somethings were said to another user that didn't even concern me! Internet is a serious business! I spend all my time complaining that I am NOT getting results with other bull**** products, rather than acting like a man on here discoursing with others who do not agree with my opinion.
Fixed (edited by Big3upgrade's conscience).

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
Exactly my point. Your new statement contradicts your previous post. What you once emphatically considered "biased" is now being justified as "honest and ethical, but biased." Would an employee of yours be rewarded for recommending a product (based on personal user experience), and accumulating potential customers?

In reality, not all supplement company representatives receive monetary compensation for their services; and if they do, it's far from substantial. Instead, most supplement companies will offer their representatives an allowance of "free product" as a alternative incentive.

Additionally, there are literally hundreds of people (unbiased opinions) on this forum alone who will vouch for USPlabs.
Ummmmmm......no, what I said does not contradict what I said earlier. If I tell a client that I believe the firm can give them better service than other firms then that is "honest and ethical" because I am stating my opinion (biased because I am talking about myself) and I am stating my intent to give them the best service available. It is night and day from saying that my product will boost your testosterone levels by 40% based on very little if any evidence. That would be like me telling everyone that I will save them 20% on their taxes....that would be totally unethical and dishonest....even if I could do that in some instances. It is fine if XYZ supplement company says "We believe our test booster is the best in the industry" BUT that is not how these products are marketed.....we all know that.

But the point is that we are talking about a forum here. We are talking about a place where independent people get together and discuss their experiences with products. It is not the place to have people who are not independent promoting products. If I were on a forum where individuals were discussing CPAs and I was pushing my firm and had others on that forum who had a vesting interest in the firm promoting the firm, then that would be INAPPROPRIATE and against the primary purpose of the forum.

I am not downing this forum at all but I am saying that you have to sift through the BS at times. And I have to say that there are some members who comment on products and I am a little iffy as to where they are a rep or not or are sponsored....and that bothers me. But it is what it is.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I can't believe this is an actual post :fool2:

Ike is one of the most helpful and intelligent members we have posting here.

Your ignorance astonishes me !
Yeah, that guy's name is reflecting his needs, a big upgrade in his brain activity would be a humongous improvement

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
You know what, my bad if i offended anyone.

I am not even going to engage in the mud slinging and bytch slapping anymore, heh!

This doesn't make any sense at all.

If the product does not work FOR YOU then do not buy from said company or products. If you do not like the ad spaces then just buy from another company, period.

And, finally, if you are not gaining even 1lb or losing 1lb while using a product then something is definitely not planned correctly, change it.