Last AM post EVER! Final thoughts...

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
But the point is that we are talking about a forum here. We are talking about a place where independent people get together and discuss their experiences with products. It is not the place to have people who are not independent promoting products. If I were on a forum where individuals were discussing CPAs and I was pushing my firm and had others on that forum who had a vesting interest in the firm promoting the firm, then that would be INAPPROPRIATE and against the primary purpose of the forum.
In my opinion, there is nothing in the constitutive nature of a "forum" that precludes certain members with an interest in one product or another discussing that product - and in fact, I feel part of the purpose of these very forums is to connect one party with a vested interest in selling the product (the seller) with another whom has a vested interest in purchasing the product (the buyer) to ensure a bilateral flow of information. To preclude that dynamic is to go against the very type of open discussion you are speaking about.

Further, I feel the example of your firm misses on a key point: namely, that the "forum" in which your customers seek expert opinion is your firm's offices, whereas these forums are indeed the most accessible offices for a large proportion of the supplement buying community - and as a result, assistance from those most knowledgeable on the products themselves is sought and given in this manner freely. If the medium of contact between insurance firm customers and insurance firms was primarily internet forums, then, if by default only, you would most certainly discuss the virtues of your firm's products in that manner. You are blurring the lines of distinction, here.

Finally, if it was the case that "bias" necessarily meant falsity, as you imply here, than I would have to concede your general point; but it does not, and I would be interested if you could highlight where you feel myself, Borobulker, or strategicmove were overtly and shamelessly bias to the point where our opinions about USPlabs' products should be precluded as 'valid' outright.

While I am quite obviously bias about USPlabs, I would also claim that I hardly make serious, product-related posts without providing a) a reasonable scientific justification for doing so and b) openly discussing any challenges to that opinion with provision of evidence, and more importantly, explanations of that evidence which can or ought to give the challenger a certain assurance that I am not, "making **** up."

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wow you are a piece of ****. Grow the **** up kid, neg? neg? neg?, are you mentally retarded? or are you butt hurt because somethings were said about USPL? Internet is a serious business huh? Why don't you spend time helping people that are NOT getting results with your bull**** products, rather than acting a child on here negging every single person who does not agree with your opinion.
You are an idiot if you think Ike, I mean Dr. Ike, is mentally retarded. Seriosuly, go ask your mom what the term retard means; it was explained to her in detail the day you were spat out of her poop-shoot. Douche.

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
First I never intended to make a comparison between promoting a firm and supplements promotions....I was simply responding to another post that made that comparison.

When did I ever even mention USPlabs?

As far as this forum......your points are valid....I am not saying I agree with all of them. But, my point is that there is a point where a public forum becomes more about promotions and less about individuals giving real world experiences. Is this forum to that point? That is a matter of opinion. My personal opinion is that it is getting close to that point. Do reps and sponsored people have a role in this forum? Yes. Are there too many on here? I think so. Is this still a good forum? Yes.

Done posting on this thread. Getting bored with it and not going to split hairs and waste anymore time debating SOMETHING THAT IS A PERSONAL OPINION AND THAT BEING THAT THERE ARE TOO MANY BIASED INDIVIDUALS POSTING ON THIS BOARD.

Thank You

Last edited:
matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Done posting on this thread. Getting bored with it and not going to split hairs and waste anymore time debating SOMETHING THAT IS A PERSONAL OPINION AND THAT BEING THAT THERE ARE TOO MANY UNBIASED INDIVIDUALS POSTING ON THIS BOARD.

Thank You
Hold on, I thought you said there are too many BIASED people on this board?

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
For your next supplement purchase, I would suggest some Rhodiola, Bacopa, and some GABA: you need to calm down by a few degrees of magnitude, ha.
I am calm :yawn: Just because I swear online and show interest in a subject. I guess that means I'm breaking a lamp and mashing my keyboard IRL? Heh, please... I'm sorry you feel I'm excited because I see the BS claims on your packaging for what they are.

Maybe you can give those sups to your marketing department. That way I don't have to read BS exagerated claims that will never happen to the average user. They could calm down and start making factual, non-exagerated claims that most people will actually meet. :silly:

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am calm :yawn: Just because I swear online and show interest in a subject. I guess that means I'm breaking a lamp and mashing my keyboard IRL? Heh, please... I'm sorry you feel I'm excited because I see the BS claims on your packaging for what they are.

Maybe you can give those sups to your marketing department. That way I don't have to read BS exagerated claims that will never happen to the average user. They could calm down and start making factual, non-exagerated claims that most people will actually meet. :silly:
:pat:

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
Many do get the strength gains I got 70 lbs on my squats in six weeks, I watched my son add 40 on bench and 60 on squats in 4 weeks. My ex-trainer had very similar results although I don't remember the exact numbers but he hit personal records after 30 some years of training and he is world class... Everyone he gave it to had good strength gains.

If I thought like you then I would assume that you were the one that is shooting the bull. but I don't because I know that different people react differently to different herbs. Prime's biggest flaw is that it is somewhat inconsistant. Not as inconsistant as some would believe, as a significant chunk of non-responders are full of it or just don't know what they are doing, but yes there are a reasonable number of non-responders. Some herbs are much more consistant like Testopro seems to have very few non-reponders.

Anyhow just wanted to make it clear that those claims are being realized in some people, that Prime is a significant strength supplement for many people is a fact.

Oh and if you were only allowed to put on the label what everyone experienced then the label would be blank because there is no herbal supplement in the world that works the same for everyone.

Hey Dream! Funny you quoted that because your log of your son's progress was one of the logs I was following at the time. You helped me to put the "***** on the pedestal" so to speak when it cam to Prime. Some of the logs around here turn into MT like commercials and things sound too good to be true. You almost have to question the logger(not directed at you, just in general)...

Again, so much hype surrounding a product, getting your hopes set so high, it can really come back to bite you in the ass. I guess I have no one to blame but myself for setting my expectations so high. I was making gains for 2 months prior to taking Prime and my gains continued during it. But they didn't increase like I was expecting. I was expecting PH like gains because that was what was being claimed! By so many people at the time and it also had the benefit of being a herbal.

Anyway, I pretty much stay away from things like these "hype fests" nowadays. I know what works for me and I stick with that. No need to keep up with the Jones's and say "me too" when it comes to buying/taking the latest n' greatest "super supps". I've spent more time learning the science of my body and not the science of supps. I think it's worked out much better for myself this way.

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
Don't smack your head at me :tongue2:

Seriously, I think a little less embelishing on what a product does would probably go a long way. Or you can keep over promising and under delivering for a large part of the product's users... Whatever.

I understand why USP does what they do. I still don't agree and I vote accordingly with my wallet.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

You take this too seriously. Ride the ROFLcopter of love, my friend.

That being said, I give you my word that I will ensure our marketing department ceases making "exagerated" claims immediately, and sticks solely and exclusively to making exaggerated ones. That way, you will never have to read "exagerated" claims again!

I am a problem solver if nothing else. Now, lighten up! :silly:

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Can't we all just get high?

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
You are correct in terms of the marketing and as you may have seen, I have NOT ONCE MENTIONED anything about the marketing being in good character or not. I am a business man first and foremost. The only thing I have mentioned is that there is a need for this and a must to be done in order to survive in this industry.
*****I never suggested that you did. My comment about marketing was that its was the reason people "believe that they are going to take a pill and get the effects of a steroid or a stimulant, which are filled with ingredients that one can "FEEL"." and that its the reason why they bought it in the first place.*****

The other subject matter, I disagree with you completely. If you take a product and you stay THE SAME then you are not doing ANYTHING whatsoever. That is why i said "feel". If a person does not feel that something is working by actual physical changes (body, temp, mood, strength, sweating, heavy breathing, bloat, weight, shakes, jitters, cramps, etc) then they assume a product does not work or is garbage.
*****For the most part if i drop some serious cash on a product i generally expect it to elicit some sort of effect i can feel especially when if reviews state that they do feel it or when it is advertised to do so. If you look at USP's products most if not all state that you will feel it in some way*****
As i said, if a person is 155 when starting 8 weeks of testapro/prime/ghenerate and after 8 weeks they are STILL AT 155 with the SAME BF% then they simply took a pill and watched tv. Unless you have a severe medical condition then there is absolutely NO WAY a person can stay the exact same weight and the exact same bf% while doing a cycle of any of the above mentioned. SOMETHING should change, get smaller, lose fat, gain fat, gain muscle, or anything mentioned in the last paragraph (temp, jitts, cramps, strength, sweat, etc, etc, etc) To say NOTHING happened means to say that my piss didn't even change colors, just for example.
*****I agree and I never suggested otherwise*****
*****^=response

Some of you guys should really take a breather from these forums. These post are starting to get out of hand

805bgtymer

Awards
This is a touchy subject. The reps and heads of company are gonna stand behind their product. While the people who have spent money on products and haven't got anything near the promised results are tired of hearing the same bs everytime something new comes out. Personally in my heart of hearts I know what to take that will make the claims that are on the bottles of these products,as well as the supposed jumps in strength people claim. If your wondering what I'm talking about its the stuff you have to go to the doctor and get prescribed or risk getting busted and do it the black market way. I'm saying this as someone who has lifted weights since my freshman year in Hs and I've seen a ton of stuff come and go over the years, as well as a number of companies as well. I'm not here to flame any particular company or board member. I'm just calling it how I see it.

I notice alot of the same people get picked over and over again to test products. Mostly the same people who claim outlandish results from whatever product. Personally I have the resources to try anything. If I get a urge to try something new I order it, Whats a couple hundred bucks running something for 8 to 12 weeks to see if it works half as good as its claimed 2. Its the supplements companies job to entice people to try there products by any means necessary, I mean they can't hold a gun to your head and make you buy it. So they word there advertising slogans a certain way to appeal to us on that level that makes you wanna try it. I totally understand that and the people with the issues just need to except that. As stated before its the nature of the industry. Its been going on way before any of the companies on the board except maybe Universal, ever existed. I hope that one day one of these companies will find something that does half as much as the juice does. That would be awesome and I hope it happens one day. I also will not hold my breath waiting for it too nor will I be the one to try every new thing that comes out. I'm willing to go the other route and besides vitamins, creatine, Ba, Cm, and a few other items I just won't buy nothing else. Were all adults here and I see some people take stuff to personally like someones attacking you directly, its not that people are just questioning the validity of certain products and the claims companies put behind them.

I think part of the problem is some people have trouble accepting there own genetics. Some people get big just looking at weights. Some people work out for years and you would nver think that by looking at them. There are a million different factors that go in to how an indivual responds to weight training. Diet, sleep, natural hormone levels, genetics, I could go on in on. Personally I had major surgery at the end of March. Got cancer and had to get cut. I started working out again 5 weeks ago. I bench 225 for reps, and squat the same. I use more weight with better form then 75% of the guys at my gym. Guys at the gym ask me what the hell do you do, they have been working out for 2 years and can't do what I do. I tell them that I figured out what makes my body grow. Certain foods and certain types of training along with the basic supplements make me grow and get stronger. Not like superman but every time I go to the gym I see improvements. Nothing crazy like vein shattering pumps or 80 pound increases in strength in 4weeks. But strong steady gains.

I challenge people to stop playing the blame game. Don't blame a product for lack of gains. Try making progress before you start making investments with your hard earned money. Buy what works and stick with it. If your not getting stronger change your work out program and eat more ,try to sleep more. If that doesn't work adjust something else. I gurantee if you dedicate yourself to that as much as you do cursing the evil company who made you buy there new product you would see a difference. Someone could give me sugar pills and i would still gain cus of my diet, the amount of sleep I get every night and the way I push myself in the gym. Do it the smart way, find out what works for you and stick to your guns. Forget what the man next to you is doing and concentrate on you. To all the reps and supplements companies more power to you and I wish you nothing but sucess and I hope I have not conveyed in this message any negativity towards a certain person or company. That is not my intention. I jus have been a member for awhile and feel the need to speak up for both sides of this issue.

Go hard or go home, who said getting in shape was easy?? Everyone would walk around ripped if it was, who doesnt want to look a certain way, the thing is only a certain type have the heart and intelligence to get to that point. Best of luck to all who accept the challenge of becoming what you dream to look like. Its a long hard road but its so worth it when you come to that point where you go out to the mall or grocery store and see someone you haven't ran into for awhile and they say damn you must be working out. Even better when its a female. Now its time to go crack some eggs and drink some olive oil, been on a keto diet for 3 weeks now, not something I reccomend for the faint of heart.

Last edited:
matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cliff notes please. Or at least break up the text so it isn't a blur.

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
You take this too seriously. Ride the ROFLcopter of love, my friend.

That being said, I give you my word that I will ensure our marketing department ceases making "exagerated" claims immediately, and sticks solely and exclusively to making exaggerated ones. That way, you will never have to read "exagerated" claims again!

I am a problem solver if nothing else. Now, lighten up! :silly:

Hahaha! Again, showing interest in a subject is taking it "too seriously" or needing to "lighten up". Give me a break Mullet...

I do sit back and ride the roflcopter of love quite often! I enjoy the spectical that is USPLabs and the circus you guys create. Normally I really don't bother coming in to voice my opinion on the subject or spend much time in the supps forum at all. But work has been a little slow lately.

Forgive me that I've strayed. I no longer follow your business model like a good sheep does for it's sheppard. It's OK, lighten up! You still have a herd left and we're all entitled to our opinions :silly:

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
To be fair, even with Pink Magic, I think it is better for us to take a step back and look at the overall picture. Most, if not all, dietary supplements follow the same word of advice "....with exercise and diet." As such, no product, unless it some hormonal stuff, will do any wonders without actually putting your own effort into it.

Meh, this thread has lasted for too long. :puke:

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
*****^=response

Some of you guys should really take a breather from these forums. These post are starting to get out of hand
When I posted the whole area of text, I was not only responding to you but to several others so all of that was not directed toward you specifically. Actually, only the a few sentences from the first portion and then a few sentences from the second paragraph.

For example:::when i talked about me not saying anything about marketing being in good character, that was a "matter of fact", not, hey listen bud, you said I said this or that, but I really said that or this...? eh?

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
cool story bros

.... so I go away for a couple years and we have a bunch of ***els eating too many bagels typing novels and getting their vaginas all stanky over what now?

Randomness ::: Mathew76... werent you a admin that got **** canned back in like 03'/04' Begging to be a mod?

Mullet... Super... Strat... glad to see you all are still around.

Addition to the thread ::: Supplements work --- choose wisely and um... can anyone fill me in on what's new and good like the past 2 years? Doing OEP for a cut... loving it.. still enjoy Neovar, Anabolic Pump, Powerful and DCP when that ish is in stock and of course a good Isolate.

k thx bui.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Cliff notes at the bottom, lol.

Seems like this is the same argument back and forth.

I think we can all agree that 95% of supplements are total BS. I think we can all also agree that some supplements actually work.

Honestly, if you are buying your supplements based on the advertisement you are a damned fool. I am directing this at Americans by the way. We have more advertising BS here than anywhere in the world. I read an article that CA is going to digitize the license plates to sell ad space. WTF is that? I have almost wrecked my truck before by looking at a stupid airplan waving a Geico banner. (I know, my bad lol)

My point is, advertisements are all bull**** and you should all know this. I mean when was the last time you bought a pair of nikes to make you jump higher?

Smoking doesn't make you cooler, having a bottle of JD won't turn you into a cowboy, and muscletech will not turn you into Jay Cutler. These are all fact.

Here's something I learned. Read the label, and google the ingredients. Whats that? 10G of maltodextrin in a 12G serving? Yeah...you are not going to see increased test from that...

I am stew relatively new to supplements, and I fell prey to the wall of supplements at my PX here in Baghdad. I looked at before and after pictures, bought some expensive ass crap, and then decided to search the products online. Turns out they were total crap. I learned why, and found this site in doing so.

Word to the wise: do your own research, don't read ads. Read logs, but take them with a grain of salt. And if you have the cash, F it, go and try some stuff, but don't be mad if it doesn't deliver, especially if you aren't beating your ass every day in the gym.

I saw some guys wearing BB.com shirts today, they were standing in a circle and doing 15lb DB curls for like 20 minutes. If you are that guy....you are screwed anyway.

If you are like me (read: no such thing as an easy day) and bust your ass, supplements will help. Honestly I am dissapointed in myself if I don't hit damn near failure every time I walk into the gym. Hell, the last few days I was dissapointed in myself because I misjudged the weight I was using and finished all 10x10 on my exercises. That's the attitude you need, and then you can have supplements.

Cliff notes:
1. Google the ingredients in stuff
2. Don't ever read advertisments
3. Get mentally prepared for what you are trying to do
4. Kick your ass in the gym
5. Get your diet and sleep down
6. Supplement.

wontdie

wontdie

Awards
  • Established
agree with the original poster. There is now too much hype and people trying to suck up to supplement companies. Bye! :)

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Randomness ::: Mathew76... werent you a admin that got **** canned back in like 03'/04' Begging to be a mod?

No, I think you are thinking of Matthew D. I was banned, but it was for releasing Anabolic Xtreme's 3-AD ingredinet list. Yep, that was an awesome supplement. Wrong guy.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
Smoking doesn't make you cooler, having a bottle of JD won't turn you into a cowboy, and muscletech will not turn you into Jay Cutler. These are all fact.

I saw some guys wearing BB.com shirts today, they were standing in a circle and doing 15lb DB curls for like 20 minutes. If you are that guy....you are screwed anyway.
Thanks for the LOL this morning. Hilarious and true.

WilteredFire

WilteredFire

Awards
  • Established
Seems to me some people are missing the bottom line here, let me share what I think the MAIN underlying problem here is....

Supplements, are meant to be just that, right....Just Supplements? People agree with this generally right? They are just meant to supplement a sensible diet and training regimen, Am I right here, or am I right? :) ...

If there are supplements that are marketed more in line with just helping with extra gains from a good diet/training regimen, rather then being marketed as a magic pill that will result in more gains from their Diet/Training combined...I think this is where the problem can be...

When we have SUPPLEMENTS, that are meant to SUPPLEMENT ones Diet + Training, and claim to add MASSIVE gains in Size and/or Strength onto ones body, wether it be "Massive" strength gains, or "Massive" gains in muscle like 10lb's or so...This is where supplements become nothing but massive loads of Sh*t...Because they can mislead and cause people to set false hopes, while hyped supplements just sucker in money from suckers time after time...

If the main issue of HYPE was talked about, and companys made more realistic/acheivable gains, I think companys would earn more respect and custom from people who are skeptic. Again...This is all IF supplements are truely as companys "claim"...to be JUST supplements, the way alot are marketed, are more than likely being elevated above the importance of Diet + Training.

Everybody needs to understand this hype issue, everything else can still be disagreed/agreed upon, but I feel this is Paramount for all companys and consumers to understand before parting with their money. You dig?!

RepThat21

RepThat21

Awards
  • Established
this thread is getting to be too much.unsubbed...have fun guys.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

MIRACLE WASH!

SO FAST THE SEATS WILL SUCK YOUR DOG IN!

FDA APPROVED WITH NO SIDE EFFECTS? (...p.s. no one mention that alli causes people to literally **** out fat)

OH WOW THIS ENERGY DRINK WILL MAKE ME HAVE SEX WITH MODELS.

BLOW MY MIND? OMG 7 INCHES! WOMEN WILL SUCK THIS SANDWICH OUT OF MY MOUTH!

I WILL LOSE WEIGHT EATTING TACO BELL EVERYDAY?

...as a marketing major, every company must claim the extreme. Would you rather see these ads be like "our car is slightly faster then the others" or "This energy drink contains alot of sugar and will make you fat, but it is served at clubs with hot women" or "This soap can clean clothes similarly to other cleaners?" No. But are all these ads lieing? No..They all represent some truth or they would not be allowed to use it as an ad. The supplements on these boards can deliver, and to those that know how to use them they allow for extra results then one would achieve at baseline. To those that don't know how to use them, they mine as well take up knitting.

BTW: If you think that muscletech is implying you will be jay cutler just because they show him in an ad, then I got a bridge to sell you and you are also the 1millionth visitor to this website, click here to claim your ipod.

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
this thread is getting to be too much.unsubbed...have fun guys.
This. The fun part where posters were freaking out at each other has passed. Everyone has already thrown their two cents into the pot. But for some reason, more people come along, take the same two cents out of the pot... and throw it back in.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

MIRACLE WASH!

SO FAST THE SEATS WILL SUCK YOUR DOG IN!

FDA APPROVED WITH NO SIDE EFFECTS? (...p.s. no one mention that alli causes people to literally **** out fat)

OH WOW THIS ENERGY DRINK WILL MAKE ME HAVE SEX WITH MODELS.

BLOW MY MIND? OMG 7 INCHES! WOMEN WILL SUCK THIS SANDWICH OUT OF MY MOUTH!

I WILL LOSE WEIGHT EATTING TACO BELL EVERYDAY?

...as a marketing major, every company must claim the extreme. Would you rather see these ads be like "our car is slightly faster then the others" or "This energy drink contains alot of sugar and will make you fat, but it is served at clubs with hot women" or "This soap can clean clothes similarly to other cleaners?" No. But are all these ads lieing? No..They all represent some truth or they would not be allowed to use it as an ad. The supplements on these boards can deliver, and to those that know how to use them they allow for extra results then one would achieve at baseline. To those that don't know how to use them, they mine as well take up knitting.

BTW: If you think that muscletech is implying you will be jay cutler just because they show him in an ad, then I got a bridge to sell you and you are also the 1millionth visitor to this website, click here to claim your ipod.
LMAO that is great stuff!!!!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In other news, the OP has taken up badminton, is SuperMod over at badassminton.com/forums, and will be competing in the world championships in 2012.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
This. The fun part where posters were freaking out at each other has passed. Everyone has already thrown their two cents into the pot. But for some reason, more people come along, take the same two cents out of the pot... and throw it back in.
I spotted a guy doing this at a wishing fountain once, I LOL so hard...

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
In other news, the OP has taken up badminton, is SuperMod over at badassminton.com/forums, and will be competing in the world championships in 2012.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
Keep trying to leave this thread but it just keeps getting funnier! LOL

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think the OP got what he wanted: to start some sort of tirade between Anobolicminds memebers and USP Labs.

I think his "I'm not going to post anymore," is a futile attempt to shield himself from us questioning his diet, training, and lifestyle choices.

OP is 160 pounds. Anyone who knows enough about diet and training can make it to 175-180 naturally and pretty easily if they had a good understanding of diet and training. It's clear OP doesn't (if he is trying to gain muscle mass) which he clearly is in his use of this many supplements.

Go get on your other account already OP and start posting again.
END THREAD HERE.
Lets try this again. End thread here :bling1:

wedlund6

Awards
  • Established
esox is part of the sientific name for muskie or musky and is slang word used by musky anglers
musky are fun to catch imo
i have netted 3 this year so far the biggest was 38.5 in
i will be esox fishing this evening after i workout and take all my supplement

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
esox is part of the sientific name for muskie or musky and is slang word used by musky anguilars
musky are fun to catch imo
i have netted 3 this year so far the biggest was 38.5 in
i will be esox fishing this evening after i workout and take all my supplement
LOL, that's awesome! Not too many muskie down my way.....but I do know a guy who caught one around here and it was a big deal. I am a large mouth bass guy myself....used to go all the time!

This thread has now taken an unexpected turn..................

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wtf is goiong on here? Since we're throwing random **** out there, beware...I'm inside your ooda loop. ;)

Deeerdre

Deeerdre

Awards
  • Established
This thread is out of control!!:sombrero:

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im glad I clicked this link, because I saw it was in my sub list again and was like I cant believe this is still going. Then I read the above post, which was very well stated. Reps.

DaSlixter

DaSlixter

Awards
Hey all.

I've been with this forum for quite some time, starting as a lurker and eventually making my way into posting. Over the short period I have been around, I have seen all the big "Double-Extreme Extra-Top-Secret Formula Revolutionary blah blah blah..." stuff come out and I will admit I have fallen victim to all of it on several occasions. The bottom line is that I bought into the marketing of the companies selling such products, expecting the gains they promised, and ended up with nothing to show for it. I did, however, manage to lose several pounds in my wallet.

Nothing against USP, although I will admit that they have been the company to garner the most of my sup funds (Prime, OEP, VAT Attack, etc.) but the Pink Magic threads have been the straw to break the camels back. This industry has become run by hype, "studies", sponsors, and some killer advertising/marketing strategies. I have been suckered into most of these products and I have spent an all too large sum of money on supplements that were ultimately a let down.

To end my rant, I will still be lingering around these forums, i suppose, but this will be my last post. My apologies to USP employees if you feel I have singled out your company... I assure you that is not what I am trying to do. The industry as a whole, however, has evolved into its own animal that I will no longer support.

Thank you everyone, Its been fun. I'll seclude myself back to being a lurker 'round the bulking/dieting forums ;) Peace.
Nicely done my friend. I like how you finished off-Oh how u say..SOLID. Although IMO you should of took that to your advantage and went out with a bang lol. But naw i like how you rode it out smooth.

Well i guess i may as well say it too, This will be MY last post aswell, sorry to still your thread bro, but hey what other place to put it right? lol. And to you my frined i say PEEEEAAAACE:wave2:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This was a solid post. (Aside: I read after the "Wall of Text" was broken into paragraphs ... lol.)

I agree wholeheartedly - if you aren't making steady gains lifting weights with intensity, pushing yourself HARD at the gym, eating plenty of healthful nutrient-dense and protein-rich foods, and getting proper rest and sleep, then supplements probably won't help much.

I know how to gain strength and mass without any supplementation. When I started lifting weights 20+ years ago there really weren't that many supplements being marketed beyond protein powders. There's a certain percentage of the population that don't respond that well to weight training, just like I don't have the body type or genetics to be a fantastic distance runner.

Here's what supplements do for me -- I normally lose strength and mass when cutting, but the last 5 months I have gone from 258 to 240 and increased my weights & reps in all lifts with the help of non-hormonal supplements. I do have the luxury of being able to afford to try many different products and then only re-use the ones that I respond to.

Prime has worked for me -- it lowers muscle soreness and decreases recovery time noticeably so I can train more often then when not taking it. I dose 9 to 12 caps a day, 7 days a week.

During my entire cut I have been taking OxyElite Pro. But, in addition to that my diet has been rich in superfoods, and I have kept my carbs at or below 20%, with one high-carb day per week.

Two years ago, Super Cissus Rx cured severe tendonitis in both of my arms when nothing else worked – not even 2 rounds of cortisone shots in each arm. My tendonitis (tennis elbow) was so severe my doctor was suggesting I might need to change professions. I couldn’t lift weights any more. After I started taking Super Cissus every day my arms started gradually getting better and within 4 to 6 months I was completely pain free. It is now a staple for me – I am never going to stop taking it.

There have also been some supplements that really didn’t seem to do much, so I just don’t take them anymore. No big deal – there is no such thing as a product that works for everyone. I seem to respond well to herbal products. I have often wondered if another reason some people don’t respond well to herbals is poor digestion and nutrient absorption.

I don’t just take herbal products for weight training. I take Passion Flower, Rhodiola, and Relora (Magnolia / Phellodendron) on a regular basis, which all lower my stress levels. I have tried 8 or 10 different herbs for stress-reduction before settling on that stack, which works really well for me.
Good post!

samiisbe

Awards
now that everything hormonal is gone those hard gainers are screwed, the next biggest thing, extract of wtf plant isnt going to do anything if your natural hormones wont allow it. it all started with those damn baseball players, i think the members of congress are the only people who give a crap about baseball anyway. enough rant, my point is hormonal products are dead and everything else is a placibo.