Getting Primed for the stage CEO Style with some other nice goodies

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
I have found that as well, but I def hit parallel, which is actually all the range of motion I have with or without weight... stupid surgery...

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So i have been trying to wrap my head around the super carb up....and thus far this is what i have gotten out of it(a minimal and most basic understanding which is probably flawed)

The purpose of the super carb up serves several purposes: One is to shock the body in a time of intense dieting into a state of extreme anabolism. Also because you have been dieting ur body sucks up the carbs like a vacuum. This causes you muscles to begin to swell up and experience a large degree of fullness. Taking re-partitioners like glycobol and AP will add to this effect. Ideally you want you carbs to be clean carbs(not having too much fat). At some point you will begin to spill over due to the massive consumption of carbohydrates. This will cause you to smooth out to a certain degree. After the 24 hour period you would have put on a significant amount of water weight as well as glycogen. The next few days(2-3) are imperative to this process. At this point you drink large amounts of water throughout the day to flush out all the water and you keep your carb intake as low as possible so your body begins to flush out all the carbs it took in. This will eventually dry you out. Because this is a one day occurrence fat gain is minimal. What the end product hopefully will be is added muscle and increased dryness and over composition after your done flushing out everything you jamned in.

???corrections please???

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Kind of...

That could be done year round as a method for increased anabolism I guess but this is designed to peak on one specific day for the show. You do not have to be carb delpeted at all for this method to work, it is the insane increase in carbs and insulin that shuttles the nutrients into the muscle, and not the aforementioned state of being depleted as most people currently follow during peak week. This strategy is instead of worrying about spilling over, or filling up on time you intentionally fill up early to the point of spill over then go back to your NORMAL level of carbs leaving the muscles extremely full, while very hydrated yet flushing the sub-q water by drinking more. There is no chance of coming in flat, so you only need to work on your water. If you are lean say 7% and below the difference this will make in the appearance of your physique is going to be unreal. If you find you are not dropping the water fast enough then you could lower your carbs some for a day then possibly add in a carb meal to fill back up and pull any more sub-q from the skin.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
And what specifically prevents this massive influx from converting to fat?

At 2000 grams of carbs u can easily put on 2 or 3 lbs of fat based on caloric intake.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
And what specifically prevents this massive influx from converting to fat?

At 2000 grams of carbs u can easily put on 2 or 3 lbs of fat based on caloric intake.
The body can not store fat that fast and it does not go into an "optimum fat storage mode" hormonally until prolonged overfeeding has occured which does not have the oppurtunity to do. You have to put your body into a specific state long enough for it to try to correct the homeostasis hormonally. Until then it will just stuff the muscles as full as they can be stretched just due to the insulin, glycogen and water retention. Secondarily, Berberine shuts off the glut4 receptors in your fat cells, meaning your body can not store fat while an effective dose is in your bloodstream. The berberine gives you an added benefit but is not needed since the body is not made to store fat as quickly as it is set up to feed the muscle glycogen.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
taking notes... please continue!!! :)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kind of...

That could be done year round as a method for increased anabolism I guess but this is designed to peak on one specific day for the show. You do not have to be carb delpeted at all for this method to work, it is the insane increase in carbs and insulin that shuttles the nutrients into the muscle, and not the aforementioned state of being depleted as most people currently follow during peak week. This strategy is instead of worrying about spilling over, or filling up on time you intentionally fill up early to the point of spill over then go back to your NORMAL level of carbs leaving the muscles extremely full, while very hydrated yet flushing the sub-q water by drinking more. There is no chance of coming in flat, so you only need to work on your water. If you are lean say 7% and below the difference this will make in the appearance of your physique is going to be unreal. If you find you are not dropping the water fast enough then you could lower your carbs some for a day then possibly add in a carb meal to fill back up and pull any more sub-q from the skin.
I would opt to just drink more water if I was not flushing fast enough. Based on my experience I flush about 65-75% after the first day then up to about 90% after the second. It slows as the flush progresses so you want to be very close too your goal by the end of the second day. Caveat this is the way it works with me but you may be different. The point is you will know your timing and what to do.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I lost a fug of a lot of fat last week and it has to do with the carb up!! I would have never thought it possible to shed so much in such a short time by eating a pile of junk but I lost about 1/2 inch around my waste and what appears to be about a percentage of body fat in one week!!

I am now reconsidering maybe I should be loading every week. I'll see if the mini-load has similar effects and then when I do the load again this week, I'll see if it happens again. Then I'll decide.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Would have to say that I do enjoy it.. I love it!! The feeling of the conquest, the oportunity to use you mind to go where you never thought you could. Lets not forget about the endorphin rush. I fear it yes, but the opportunity to conquer that fear is exhilerating......
:clap2:

You have articulated my sentiments exactly. There is a certain fear, though I'd rather refer to it as respect, when approaching bone-crushing weights. But as you say, it's an outright thrill to psych up, summon the power, flood the subconcious with positive thoughts of total success, and then reaching down and grabbing that bar, squeezing it for all it's worth, and tear that sucker away from the Earth's gravitational pull and blast it heavenward!!! :head:

Afterwards, that flood of endorphins come rushing into your system causing intense elation and a sense of true accomplishment that no other past-time activity could ever duplicate.

Pass me that heavy steel.......I want to rip it up!!!:smite:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hoo-Rah!!!!!!!!!!!!! to those sentiments gentlemen, and the fat loss as well DW. I have been entertaining the idea of forgoing my normal 2 carb refeeds a week for the one super carbup and do it Starting on a Monday night leaving me with 3.5 days to flush. If I am dong it weekly I can figure out what the best day is to start them.

Also remember as long as you haven't applied the tan yest you can drop a lot of water soaking in a very hot bath with epsom salt then wiping down with an alchohal coated rag to close your pores back up. After that go to bed without drinking anything, and you will wake up a lot dryer in the morning. You may want to give that a shot once or twice as a contingency plan. Just incase you find you need to drop water more quickly at some point. I have 2 videos on my youtube one is 10 days after the show, I am HUGE but also a littlwatery, then the next morning I look awesome because I soaked in the tub and dropped 2-3 lbs of sub-q water and looked fuggin tough.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Spoken as the true warrior poet you are TG! I have the same thoughts and ideas now that I don't have a regular sport to compete in; this is my own personal competition that gives me equal enjoyment.

:clap2:

You have articulated my sentiments exactly. There is a certain fear, though I'd rather refer to it as respect, when approaching bone-crushing weights. But as you say, it's an outright thrill to psych up, summon the power, flood the subconcious with positive thoughts of total success, and then reaching down and grabbing that bar, squeezing it for all it's worth, and tear that sucker away from the Earth's gravitational pull and blast it heavenward!!! :head:

Afterwards, that flood of endorphins come rushing into your system causing intense elation and a sense of true accomplishment that no other past-time activity could ever duplicate.

Pass me that heavy steel.......I want to rip it up!!!:smite:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hoo-Rah!!!!!!!!!!!!! to those sentiments gentlemen, and the fat loss as well DW. I have been entertaining the idea of forgoing my normal 2 carb refeeds a week for the one super carbup and do it Starting on a Monday night leaving me with 3.5 days to flush. If I am dong it weekly I can figure out what the best day is to start them.

Also remember as long as you haven't applied the tan yest you can drop a lot of water soaking in a very hot bath with epsom salt then wiping down with an alchohal coated rag to close your pores back up. After that go to bed without drinking anything, and you will wake up a lot dryer in the morning. You may want to give that a shot once or twice as a contingency plan. Just incase you find you need to drop water more quickly at some point. I have 2 videos on my youtube one is 10 days after the show, I am HUGE but also a littlwatery, then the next morning I look awesome because I soaked in the tub and dropped 2-3 lbs of sub-q water and looked fuggin tough.
Thanks for the tip.. I will likely get spayed the morning of the show so that may be a thing to do the night before.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the tip.. I will likely get spayed the morning of the show so that may be a thing to do the night before.
Just don't get neutered!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
LOL AZ! Yeah it worked well for me. Heck it could probably be employed very nicely the day you stoppped the carb up and then flush normally, or like you said do it the night before and get sprayed. However not sure it will be needed if timing is right.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just don't get neutered!!
Now that's what I call a bad typo... spray it don't spay it..

LOL AZ! Yeah it worked well for me. Heck it could probably be employed very nicely the day you stoppped the carb up and then flush normally, or like you said do it the night before and get sprayed. However not sure it will be needed if timing is right.
Yah I can use it as a safety factor... Hey my mentor is coming in the night before the show, he has the eagle eye so I will know precisely what to do.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well Yesterday was an up and down day. It started off really well with 280 lb front squats the first set was a little shaky but I crushed the second.

Then went up on my incline db press db's touching 85 lb db's

The lat pulldowns went smoothly 180

No difficulty with the bent over rows 200

Then my nemisis lift 150 X 4 X 2 yah missed the last rep both times, second set I almost had it....

I did not increase in decline tri ext 125 but the sets were better, I had no spotter so I did not push it. I needed a spotter for 125 last time so there was actually progress made.

145 O bar curl crushed

155 seated calf raise np

Wow looking at it, it was a very good workout and I'm down almost another 2 lbs!! 206.25!! So all things considered it was a great workout, funny thing is, I am just realizing it as I am typing this out.

Fantastic posing practice last night, wife was ooohing and awing. I was able to make some key adjustments to poses, which was very exciting as well.

The mini carb up was ok, but by the time Sunday came around I was pretty depleted and definitely lacking energy. More and more I am thinkng the full refeed is the way to go, again that will be determined by how things go with the next experiment.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
That carb up is awesome with partitioners, good job thusfar DW. Lots of competition knowledge around here.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That carb up is awesome with partitioners, good job thusfar DW. Lots of competition knowledge around here.
Yah it's pretty wicked, I have to reduce cardio again as I am losing very fast. Back down to my base of 3.5 hours a week. Of course I do a lot of walking as well.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
I hear you on the walking, try to get in as much as possible.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hear you on the walking, try to get in as much as possible.
I am doing around 35-40 Km's a week right now.. should be sufficient lol

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would think so.:)
Yah I just incorporate it into my lifestyle, to and from work 2 km each way the gym the same and when I walk downtown about 3 km's, it adds up quick and doesn't really take any time out of my schedule.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Forgot to mention I went to get a pair of jeans cuz mine are starting to fall off... so I was looking for 33 inch waist but couldn't find any so I grabbed a 32 and to my surprise they were even just a bit loose around the waist. Man my waist is just disappearing.

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
haha the weight is flyin off. . .I'm assuming its common knowledge that we all need two sets hahah this was new knowledge to me as i was getting ready goodwill/sell my clothes and then as i'm losing weight all these clothes are startig to fit haha!!!

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
good numbers on the lift DW, and I love the decline tri workout... DW's rock!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
haha the weight is flyin off. . .I'm assuming its common knowledge that we all need two sets hahah this was new knowledge to me as i was getting ready goodwill/sell my clothes and then as i'm losing weight all these clothes are startig to fit haha!!!
I actually have 3!! :tongue2:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
good numbers on the lift DW, and I love the decline tri workout... DW's rock!!
Yah pretty solid considering.... I'm down 27 lbs in 14 weeks!!

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Forgot to mention I went to get a pair of jeans cuz mine are starting to fall off... so I was looking for 33 inch waist but couldn't find any so I grabbed a 32 and to my surprise they were even just a bit loose around the waist. Man my waist is just disappearing.
Always nice when you can make it part of something that has to be done. Good job.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff DW you just keep on killing it.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Always nice when you can make it part of something that has to be done. Good job.
Good stuff DW you just keep on killing it.
Thanks guys, things are going very well. posing practice last night was awesome, I can't believe how hard I can contract. Striations are starting to show everywhere including my chest!! I have never seen body fat drop so quickly.

Normally I would be dropping carbs and increasing cardio at this time and I find myself doing just the opposite. This is unprecedented. Hard to put into words what I have been experiencing over the last 10 days!! It's only going to get better!!

Pics will be coming of the whole skiploading process this weekend before, bloated and after...:tongue2: Stay tuned.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome DW! I really want to see the whole process unfold. I am considering giving this a play.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
that makes 2 of us... you are making me want to gravitate to the natural stage myself DW

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome DW! I really want to see the whole process unfold. I am considering giving this a play.
Yah it is going to be worth a look now that I am sub 7% maybe as low as 6 when I start the way things are going.

that makes 2 of us... you are making me want to gravitate to the natural stage myself DW
I always thing, if I can do it, anybody can... you just have to be willing to work very, very hard....

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
agreed my friend!!! and don't forget to be willing to wear a yak hair thong... or was that just what met wears when posing for Irish Cannon???

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
agreed my friend!!! and don't forget to be willing to wear a yak hair thong... or was that just what met wears when posing for Irish Cannon???
:bigeyes:

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is seriously a messed up mental image... why did I laugh then???? :silly:

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
because you are just as sick!!! LOL

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh my dear jesus :eek:

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
DW that is awesome regarding the striations and what not. I did my mini carb up last night 1000 grams of carbs in one day, up 3 lbs today. Not too bloated either. I completely understand why you said it was almost impossible to eat carbs the following days. UGH!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is fruit a no no for the carb up?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Is fruit a no no for the carb up?
No but at the same time you don't want overly fibrous fruits or they will fill you up too much and you wont be able to keep eating. I had the wife get more syrup, and pancake mix, I also had her get blueberry pie filling. YUM!!!! I just didn't get into it. I would say canned fruits in syrup would be ideal for it. Like a fruit ****tail or something. Any low fat, carb dense is okay another awesome source would be dehydrated fruits, hand fulls of raisins and cranberries. Whatever works for you.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DW that is awesome regarding the striations and what not. I did my mini carb up last night 1000 grams of carbs in one day, up 3 lbs today. Not too bloated either. I completely understand why you said it was almost impossible to eat carbs the following days. UGH!
Yah it gets rough...

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can pound dried fruits all day. We have a friend that makes home made preserves...had some cranberry/blueberry the other day and it was awesome. What about honey?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No but at the same time you don't want overly fibrous fruits or they will fill you up too much and you wont be able to keep eating. I had the wife get more syrup, and pancake mix, I also had her get blueberry pie filling. YUM!!!! I just didn't get into it. I would say canned fruits in syrup would be ideal for it. Like a fruit ****tail or something. Any low fat, carb dense is okay another awesome source would be dehydrated fruits, hand fulls of raisins and cranberries. Whatever works for you.
Pile filling!! I forgot about pie filling!! Going to check out the carb count...

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FYI - Final Pink Magic review posted in my log DW since you are taking it, thought you and the others might want to read.

As for the pie filling, that has to be all sugar and high GI carbs... it is sickly sweet so it will surely do what you want it to.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah baby! Cherry, and blueberry seemed the highest sugar out fo the 4 I looked into at Wally World. I am thinking what if I take 2 table spoons of of Waximaize and stir it into the filling. Talk about carb dense!!!!!!!!!! However I hear that WMS actually clumps and stays in your gut a while too so not sure if it will be a great addition or not.

Oh yeah all of the fruit pie filling I looked at were fat free DW.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
there's always room for pie!!!!