Gaining muscles while losing fat. HGP tries the impossible, watch me fail!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I generally experience a more positive mood on ephedrine and DMAA/DMHA, thankfully - up to and including euphoria even at times.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gym

Did what everyone suggested for my back workouts.
Like incline bench DB rows, one armed pull downs -always trying to get a mind -lat muscle connection.

On my way to the gym I fell down some concrete stairs, hitting my right knee hard. I'm now limping and have to skip legs for a few days.
Luckily nothing seems broken.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Gym

Like incline bench DB rows, one armed pull downs -always trying to get a mind -lat muscle connection.

On my way to the gym I fell down some concrete stairs, hitting my right knee hard. I'm now limping and have to skip legs for a few days.
Ouch. Be careful.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ouch. Be careful.
Well, its a bit late. :)
Stairwell were dark like inside a monkeys butt, so I missed a stair and did some spectacular pirouettes. Took me 3 minutes to pull myself together, trying to get up. I was sure I broke at least a leg.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well, its a bit late. :)
Stairwell were dark like inside a monkeys butt, so I missed a stair and did some spectacular pirouettes. Took me 3 minutes to pull myself together, trying to get up. I was sure I broke at least a leg.
Glad you didnt. That would be a setback.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry to hear about the fall, that’s always a terrifying moment when you think you might really be injured. Get some ice on it for a bit to get the inflammation out sooner. Glad it was only a scare.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Gym

You will be fine.. Just put some ice on it. May have some inflammation though..

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Fate obviously decided your making too much progress.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You are not suppose to drink before the gym !!

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You are not suppose to drink before the gym !!
Yes, this according to Arnold, Cherry Juice, a Banana, Whey Protein, and Schnapps straight from Austria is the best Post Workout. Lol

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just started training calves again, twice a week, since the bicep surgery the last 2 months. They’ve definitely beefed up a little. Last 2 weeks been doing the Doggcrapp 15 sec stretch per rep for one set and it’s just awful. Not sure if it will pay out yet though, but it’s intense.
That worked pretty well for me the short time I did it. Same with supersetting the tibialis anterior and calves like John Meadows suggests.
Both of these methods are great for claves. Also walking in a high incline treadmill for cardio and staying on your toes, another method from Dante.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Couple tips for back, on your pulling movements, point your pointer finger like a gun. This removes it from your grip and you will find it loads more of the lat and takes away from your biceps. Can do this for pull ups, downs, Rows etc

Rack dead’s- if you can do them try to keep your lats flexed before starting and throughout the movement. Also dead stop on every rep. This will reduce the load and help your get more out of each rep.

For pull overs look up John meadows banded Db pull overs on your tube. These are great movements.

When you do rows always focus on driving back with your elbows, think of your hands as hooks.

For pull ups keep your ribcage elevated throughout the movement. This will position your back better to allow your to squeeze your back. Same as with rows, drive your elbows down and try to keep those pointer fingers pointed up like a gun. You should feel this in your lats before anything else.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gym

The knee is a mother flower, it shuts down the body when you hit it hard enough, hope you'll get better soon. I got my trest today, let's pray we don't lactate.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hate hearing about the fall but happy to hear you got up of your own volition. At least other than some bumps and bruises you seem uninjured.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Couple tips for back, on your pulling movements, point your pointer finger like a gun. This removes it from your grip and you will find it loads more of the lat and takes away from your biceps. Can do this for pull ups, downs, Rows etc

Rack dead’s- if you can do them try to keep your lats flexed before starting and throughout the movement. Also dead stop on every rep. This will reduce the load and help your get more out of each rep.

For pull overs look up John meadows banded Db pull overs on your tube. These are great movements.

When you do rows always focus on driving back with your elbows, think of your hands as hooks.

For pull ups keep your ribcage elevated throughout the movement. This will position your back better to allow your to squeeze your back. Same as with rows, drive your elbows down and try to keep those pointer fingers pointed up like a gun. You should feel this in your lats before anything else.
Awesome tips, will "show the finger" during pulls! :)

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hate hearing about the fall but happy to hear you got up of your own volition. At least other than some bumps and bruises you seem uninjured.
Now thinking of what could have gone wrong... I took the slin shot before leaving, that could have me in a coma if I were unconscious. Had my sugary shake with me -but nobody would have guessed I need it.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

These are good cues, & have found all of them to be effective personally!

Now thinking of what could have gone wrong... I took the slin shot before leaving, that could have me in a coma if I were unconscious. Had my sugary shake with me -but nobody would have guessed I need it.
Well I mean you could have gotten hit by a bus. Don’t overthink it. But maybe you could start consuming carbs right after your shot, like an apple? And just remove the corresponding 18g of carbs from your shake to maintain same total cals/carbs.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You still doing keto?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You still doing keto?
Not really. I'm trying to find the ideal daily carb load to look optimal (best fullness -no over-spill). I'm eating in a deficit of about 400-700kcal. During the day only meat. Intra workout up to 70gr carbs (plain sugar) with 6 iu slin. After workout 50-80gr carbs (rice) + meat.
On off days no carbs. Looks promising so far. I upped protein to 250-300gr/d and got lower on fat since getting about 150gr carbs a day. It seems I'm growing on it while getting leaner, time will tell.

No IF anymore to get all the meat in.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not really. I'm trying to find the ideal daily carb load to look optimal (best fullness -no over-spill). I'm eating in a deficit of about 400-700kcal. During the day only meat. Intra workout up to 70gr carbs (plain sugar) with 6 iu slin. After workout 50-80gr carbs (rice) + meat.
On off days no carbs. Looks promising so far. I upped protein to 250-300gr/d and got lower on fat since getting about 150gr carbs a day. It seems I'm growing on it while getting leaner, time will tell.

No IF anymore to get all the meat in.
Well, between meals you should be in ketosis because that seems like the right amount of carbs to fill the muscle, and not the liver.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I admit, I'm getting a bit obsessed with food. Seeing it more like a supplement I have to review. Figured that my body doesn't know where to put surplus carbs, trying to figure out how much carbs exactly I can eat -and when, before bloating.
Also trying to figure out if the pre workout slin causes hypertrophy over time -or only cosmetic fullness.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I admit, I'm getting a bit obsessed with food. Seeing it more like a supplement I have to review. Figured that my body doesn't know where to put surplus carbs, trying to figure out how much carbs exactly I can eat -and when, before bloating.
Also trying to figure out if the pre workout slin causes hypertrophy over time -or only cosmetic fullness.
Awesome, I have been looking at food as a tool as well. Micro and macro nutrients as a tool. Meal timing and frequency as a tool.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This is a good thing but also keep in mind that can change with the tiniest of environmental factors. Oh no, slin is most definitely going to make you grow more than you would without it. How much if you are't running a cycle is a different equation all together.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did EMPIREMIND 's "gun-finger pulling" on 2 different back exercises (close grip lat pull down/close grip seated row). Had to lower the load to half to pull that off decently. Did a dead stop with every rep.
Not sure if it did something, maybe I gonna feel it tomorrow.

Incorporated light stiff deadlifts again with 135lbs x50 /40/40, will work weight up over time.

I have to travel to a remote town to sell some property, will be off from tomorrow until Friday.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Did EMPIREMIND 's "gun-finger pulling" on 2 different back exercises (close grip lat pull down/close grip seated row). Had to lower the load to half to pull that off decently. Did a dead stop with every rep.
Not sure if it did something, maybe I gonna feel it tomorrow.

Incorporated light stiff deadlifts again with 135lbs x50 /40/40, will work weight up over time.

I have to travel to a remote town to sell some property, will be off from tomorrow until Friday.
Nice, don't take DMAA ECA combo whilst your there... Or maybe do depending on how aggressive you want negotiations to be.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sorry if I missed it but what type of nutrition are you doing during your workout to go with the slin? How much and why type of slin are you using?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry if I missed it but what type of nutrition are you doing during your workout to go with the slin? How much and why type of slin are you using?
Intra workout hyper hydration protocol:
Glycerol,plain sugar (70gr if using 6 IU slin),salt and anything available to shuttle into muscles (creatine, leucine, citrulline, whey....anything at hand)
6 IU Insuman Rapid 20 min before workout.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The new layout has me struggling.... Maybe my advanced age is rebelling against changes...

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm confused, trying to find my "rhythm" with all the changes.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glycerol,plain sugar (70gr if using 6 IU slin),salt and anything available to shuttle into muscles (creatine, leucine, citrulline, whey....anything at hand)
How you like the slin?

Hey you and me are the same now, I wonder if my message to admin to rep me made him feel bad and make us all equal. It's a beautiful thing, politicians should use the same strategy and racism would be non existent, just label all colors as purple

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ugh. Will put it on the list.

I'll clean the thread up.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Got ya. You should be getting a sick pump and much better muscle recovery from that... it’s similar to some protocols I’ve seen before. Have you ever read @mikearnold ‘s protocol?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, guided myself by his protocols. Slin makes a huge difference.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
HGP, I have been LOVING Beast Fitness Radio podcast since I discovered it recently. Mike Arnold has been doing frequent Q&A episodes on there with the host, Alex. It’s a wealth of knowledge and everything is delivered in a practical but intelligent mindset. I.E. this is how to safely use *the D word*, why you should be taking Curcumin, nutrition chat, what peptides excel for what purpose, etc.

Last edited:
Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
HGP, I have been LOVING Beast Fitness Radio podcast since I discovered it recently. Mike Arnold has been doing frequent Q&A episodes on there with the host, Alex. It’s a wealth of knowledge and everything is delivered in a practical but intelligent mindset. I.E. this is how to safely use DNP, why you should be taking Curcumin, nutrition chat, what peptides excel for what purpose, etc.
Your not supposed to mention the D word... I think that's an instant ban!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Your not supposed to mention the D word... I think that's an instant ban!!
Really? I’ll edit my post unless you’re just playing...but it was successfully used in humans to reduce breast cancer so I think it at least warrants deeper exploration of the medical literature. Also has some great effects on blood glucose and other health markers when used responsibly. Like insulin, or aspirin. Overdose and you’re dead, moderation and you improve health.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can't find my subscribed channels -nor my own started old logs... damn... and those "like smileys" are giving me erectile dysfunction.
Clicking on all the options , trying to figure it out and memorize it. I'm too old for this sh1t.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Really? I’ll edit my post unless you’re just playing...but it was successfully used in humans to reduce breast cancer so I think it at least warrants deeper exploration of the medical literature. Also has some great effects on blood glucose and other health markers when used responsibly. Like insulin, or aspirin. Overdose and you’re dead, moderation and you improve health.
When everything reset recently I read through the terms and conditions and I'm sure it said any mention of it would result in instant ban but I can't find it now so maybe I dreamt it.

If a swat team hasn't crashed through your roof yet to take you out I recon your safe

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
HGP, I have been LOVING Beast Fitness Radio podcast since I discovered it recently. Mike Arnold has been doing frequent Q&A episodes on there with the host, Alex. It’s a wealth of knowledge and everything is delivered in a practical but intelligent mindset. I.E. this is how to safely use *the D word*, why you should be taking Curcumin, nutrition chat, what peptides excel for what purpose, etc.
Thank you, now listening while flexing and kissing my monstrous biceps:

https://beastfitnessradio.libsyn.com/

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For those that need more of a house and trance flow, focus - Above and Beyond Group Therapy (weekly UK DJ podcast) - also something for when HGP hits the raves next!

Episode 325 here.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My disdain for @Admin subsided, getting slowly used to the new features. Overall look is improved, shiny new forum -but with the same lame and weak members. ;)

Since I'm using slin again, I also incorporated MK-677. Now I'm "full in". Weight is going up -but no change to my new "semi-leanness".

I struggle with MK-677. At only 10 mg at night it makes me wake up every hour, like a clockwork. One hour sleep then waking up...10 minutes until sleeping again. One hour later- waking up...and so on. All in conjunction with silly dreams.

Last edited: