BF% Going Down While Gaining

yachtson

yachtson

Awards
Hey Guys - this is my first post on this site. Current stats are 6ft, 205lbs, 28 years old. Pic w/ sunglasses is me now, the other pic is me at 18 years old.

I'm just getting back into training these past 6 months (had a baby 2 years ago and stopped working out).

I work abs heavy so they pop out more but would like to do a cut so they look diced from all angles and get some vascularity back.

Past experience --> lifted natural for 5 years straight, ran a cycle in 2016 test/tren 500mg weekly and looked shredded as a mf'er... after college took two years off lifting then got back into working out for a year before I had my daughter and have always maintained an athletic physique more or less.

My foundation is there but as I get older I'm seeing my metabolism slow down and I actually need diet advice, and am open to supplement advice as well. What recommendations would you have to burn fat while gaining muscle? Currently burn about 1,100+ calories a day is what my apple watch tells me.

For your knowledge, I am not looking to lose muscle obviously and currently run 500mg week test E + 50mg Anavar past 5 weeks...switching to 500mg test E + 300mg NPP. So looking for advice on leaning out while at the very least maintaining muscle mass if not growing.

Thanks for reading and any suggestions on diet/supplements you can offer. Please don't comment saying for me to stop using PED's, save your breath if that's what you're going to respond with. Yes I know I should have waited on the anavar but hindsight is 20/20.

PS What would you speculate my body fat percentage is? See a lot of conflicting info on this and how to measure properly.

Attachments

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'd move this to the Anabolics and or training section. I wouldn't see a huge need for supplements being that you are on gear. (Roids work way better supplements for gains). Now if you want information on some supplements for blood pressure, mood, energy/stims, I would hang around and sift through the tons of great information on here. There are lots of great products that could assist you in your goals but the information you posted is a bit lacking on what your exact goals are for supplementation. You can always check out the legit supplement companies on here such as Iconic Formulations, Apex-alchemy, SNS, Evomuse, Viscious Labs, etc.

yachtson

yachtson

Awards
I'd move this to the Anabolics and or training section. I wouldn't see a huge need for supplements being that you are on gear. (Roids work way better supplements for gains). Now if you want information on some supplements for blood pressure, mood, energy/stims, I would hang around and sift through the tons of great information on here. There are lots of great products that could assist you in your goals but the information you posted is a bit lacking on what your exact goals are for supplementation. You can always check out the legit supplement companies on here such as Iconic Formulations, Apex-alchemy, SNS, Evomuse, Viscious Labs, etc.
Thanks for your reply my man! Perhaps my initial post wasnt very clear at all. As far as bulks go, how are people able to gain more muscle than fat on a surplus? At least that would be one way I dont have to cut while bulking (ex gain 20lbs 5 pounds fat and 15 pounds muscle would lower total bf% since I have more weight in total).

I'll take your recommendation to explore the site more and again I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my post. Cheers!

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
While there are many different answers, I've always found success in lean type bulks by simply eating good quality foods. Diet is 90% of results in my opinion. Keep protein high, carbs moderate and bad fats on the low side if possible. I wish I had the time but I simply could type for hours on the subject. There are tons of good forums on this site and plenty of people willing to help and who have more time than myself. Train hard, eat above maintenance and try to keep the calories clean. Some prefer to bulk then cut, rinse repeat. I personally like to try and achieve a "lean" type bulk. There aren't any 100% ways to go about it as many different systems yield good results. AM has some great minds and people who love to help and are full of great information. I'd stick around for sure. Good luck!

yachtson

yachtson

Awards
While there are many different answers, I've always found success in lean type bulks by simply eating good quality foods. Diet is 90% of results in my opinion. Keep protein high, carbs moderate and bad fats on the low side if possible. I wish I had the time but I simply could type for hours on the subject. There are tons of good forums on this site and plenty of people willing to help and who have more time than myself. Train hard, eat above maintenance and try to keep the calories clean. Some prefer to bulk then cut, rinse repeat. I personally like to try and achieve a "lean" type bulk. There aren't any 100% ways to go about it as many different systems yield good results. AM has some great minds and people who love to help and are full of great information. I'd stick around for sure. Good luck!

Thanks bro I appreciate it! It's funny how with age all the sudden the metabolism slows and I cant rely on being able to eat whatever and maintain a 6 pack. With all the years I've lifted I never worried about losing weight only gaining...I started at 125lbs. I will most certainly look at the lean bulk threads as this is something I would also agree with. Not much point of bulk cut bulk cut when you can hit it in a solid stroke.

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks bro I appreciate it! It's funny how with age all the sudden the metabolism slows and I cant rely on being able to eat whatever and maintain a 6 pack. With all the years I've lifted I never worried about losing weight only gaining...I started at 125lbs. I will most certainly look at the lean bulk threads as this is something I would also agree with. Not much point of bulk cut bulk cut when you can hit it in a solid stroke.
Yeah as you get old it becomes necessary to clamp down more. The concepts are all the same you just can't get away with much. Eat cleaner, pay closer attention to calories, and try to avoid very much alcohol. Also important to realize it may take longer to reach you goals. Your not going to be able to build muscle mass as fast so those excess calories is what leads to fat storage. Stay closer to maintenance calories, and slowly and steadily build. Going by your stats and pics you know what your doing. Just put more emphasis on eating clean. Your still a young buck! My old azz is 45. Haha. Good luck and whatever you do keep at! Father time catches up with us all but the iron does slow down the aging process.

yachtson

yachtson

Awards
Yeah as you get old it becomes necessary to clamp down more. The concepts are all the same you just can't get away with much. Eat cleaner, pay closer attention to calories, and try to avoid very much alcohol. Also important to realize it may take longer to reach you goals. Your not going to be able to build muscle mass as fast so those excess calories is what leads to fat storage. Stay closer to maintenance calories, and slowly and steadily build. Going by your stats and pics you know what your doing. Just put more emphasis on eating clean. Your still a young buck! My old azz is 45. Haha. Good luck and whatever you do keep at! Father time catches up with us all but the iron does slow down the aging process.
Thanks for your reply Casper and for the knowledge you shared on the subject. I think there's some random calories I'm not taking into consideration that I need to take a closer look at (i.e. candy 2-3x per week) but I dont eat much of it nor do I eat much of anything at all. Eating doesnt give me much pleasure. I'm not a hard gainer but it is has been more difficult the past couple weeks to go up in weight. I feel like I hold myself back from eating more (healthy) meals as I see it as more calories that will lead to fat but if they are the right calories I know they wont.

Need to do some more research and just take the leap of faith and DO IT!

Luckily I dont drink anymore so I dont have to worry about that. When I stopped drinking a while back I lost 10lbs!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DK0313 Natural Bodybuilding 0
DK0313 Nutrition / Health 0
DK0313 Nutrition / Health 19
DK0313 Weight Loss 4
Weight Loss 9