VOTUM IS BIZACKKKK WOOOOOOO

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
What up my brothers in war!??!?!?!?!

I am back!

Just hit my first day in the gym since I returned from Iraq nearly a month ago!

I'd been working my ass off on my truck though, suspension lift, engine work, all kinds of **** so I was sort of keeping up with that, that and doing many pushups whenever I lose at video games!

I ****ing feel great, apologies for the swearing but I am so pumped right now! Want to go shoot my gun haahahahabauahahahahaha!

Picture of the truck is attached, looking fuggin sweet!

Damn I feel good!

All I did was a bunch of decline bench, 205 working sets, a bunch of 225 squats, a bunch of arnold presses, some stretching, a bunch of situps, about 50 pullups super slow concentration....god I feel amazing, can't believe I went so long without hitting it!

Someone please give me an idea for a routine to start bulking during the winter because I need some direction hahaha!

So stoked right now I feel like my head is going to explode!

Attachments

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Stronglifts 5x5 is what I chose to get back in it

A:
Squat 5x5
Bench 5x5
Inverted Row 3x failure
Pushups 3x failure
Reverse Crunch 3x20

B:
Squat 5x5
Overhead Press 5x5
Deadlift 1x5
Pullups 3x failure
Chinups 3x failure
Prone Bridge 3x 30 seconds

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Day 1:

Squat:
225x5x5

Bench Press:
205x5, 205x4, 205x3, 185x5, 185x4

Inverted Row to Failure:
x15, x12, x8

Pushups to Failure:
x48, x20, x20

Reverse Crunch:
3x20

Holy crap this was nice :)

First organized day since I made it home, I was 189 when I left Iraq, lost close to 20 pounds since I got back...lots of travelling and no gym helped with that...I am back up to 180 right now, been eating good and have some cottage cheese :p

Strength went slightly down...although I knew I wouldnt be able to do 225x5x5 on the bench so I compensated...I was on cycle when I made that PR as well, and its better to not start with your PRs on 5x5 lol.

Squatting was easy, I just started at 225 because I knew I could make 5x5 easy. 315 was my max for working sets when I left, but was only doing 2 working sets. Will add 20 pounds to it probably.

Inverted rows are sweet! I didn't elevate my feet, lowered the bar on the squat rack so I could just wrap my fingers around it laying flat on my back, touched my chin to the bar (rack is close to the wall)

Pushups surprised me that I did 48 first set...then surprised me I could only knock out 20 for the last two, but that is decent after a workout :p

Reverse crunches burned like hell, loved it!

I am officially back boys!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey!!!
Sweet ride. I just saw the snow in the photos and it reminded me of a joke from when I live up north.

What's the difference between snowmen and snow-women?

Snow Balls! :lol:

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice thanks for the invite bro. Truck looks good!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
welcome back :welcome:

Stronglifts 5x5 is what I chose to get back in it

A:
Squat 5x5
Bench 5x5
Inverted Row 3x failure
Pushups 3x failure
Reverse Crunch 3x20

B:
Squat 5x5
Overhead Press 5x5
Deadlift 1x5
Pullups 3x failure
Chinups 3x failure
Prone Bridge 3x 30 seconds
Are you only lifting twice a week? Or doing a 3 or 4 day lift and just rotating between those two workouts? Just curious..

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Nice thanks for the invite bro. Truck looks good!
Thanks mate! Welcome!

Hey!!!
Sweet ride. I just saw the snow in the photos and it reminded me of a joke from when I live up north.

What's the difference between snowmen and snow-women?

Snow Balls! :lol:
Buahahaha

Welcome back big V. Your routine looks like an evolution of the SS plan from Rippetoe. I like it.
I was googling up 5x5 and found it, beenw anting to do a 5x5 for awhile but I felt like doing power cleans would be against the rules in my gym, and dangerous since its fairly small and lots of folks in there lol. Enjoying it so far, although the routine doesn't get into much more than that...not sure if I just add weight every workout of have light days or what.

welcome back :welcome:

Are you only lifting twice a week? Or doing a 3 or 4 day lift and just rotating between those two workouts? Just curious..
Nope, 3x one week 4x the next week, just doing it EOD and will take an extra day if it comes to that.

Welcome guys and thanks for showing up :p Keepin my motivation up to have people cheerin me on! Gotta get ready for that DMZ!

Baseline measurements - All cold flexed:

Chest: 43"
Arms: 15"
Waist: 33.5" at bellybutton
Thighs: 24"
Calves: 16"
BF % - Caliper read 12-20...user error but my abs are showing so its on the lower end of that scale. Not sure where to pinch exactly, doing it above my hip bone, directly above reads 12-15 and if I move a little more towards my stomach is reads 20...I know we hold our fat on our bellies so I'm not sure if its a skewed reading or not.

Goal for this routine is going to be strength increase obviously, I want to get above 225 Bench, back to 315 squatting, maybe be able to do 50 pushups for each set, 25 pullups and chinups per set also. Aim high eh!

Need to get my weights back up though or DMZ will be wasted, I notice I will not grow unless I am doing well over my body weight in everything. Not doing the pushups and pullups/chins weighted though which is new for me, seems like its rare to use weights on those and I don't want to burn out, so just going for reps with body weight, Arnold Style

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice program. Should do you well however I would not try to immediately jump to your strength from before. Start out even lower and work your way up through progression then you will build muscle with the lower weights for a longer time than if you just jump back into your old weights as fast as possible. Don't do any big jumps each step you take in the progression is a new adaptation requirement telling you to build more muscle. You can choose to have 1 or 5 of adaptation adaption/growth periods on your way to getting back to your old weights. It is all in how fast you choose to progress with the weight. You can take many smaller steps or only 1 or two racing to get back to heavier weight. Muscle memory is going to take care of a lot of growth but you can grow more by progressing slower with the weight since your muscles have already de-conditioned, the weight is new to them and so is every increase. You don't need to be at max power to grow right now take advantage of it. If coming back from a break I think I would want to come back doing HST type progression of weight. Moving gradually over 6-8 weeks from higher reps to lower reps to insure a steady weight progression.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Diet looks about like this:

Breakfast:
2 cups 2% milk
2-3 whole eggs
1 cup oatmeal
1 scoop protein
All in a shake, about 5 cups of liquid.

Then I go workout about 2 hours later, taking maximize v2 pre-wo

BCAA+EAA during workout

Post workout:
2 scoops protein
2 scoops WMS
Glutamine
Cissus

1.5 hours after workout:
Ham and cheese sandwich on wheat with spinach and mustard

Dinner is whenever I get hungry again and is either another sandwich or chicken breast and brown rice with veggies

before bed I make some random dish with cottage cheese, last night it was 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup greek yogurt, 1 cup berry sherbert and it was delish.

Diet is rough I know, just getting back and not used to not having to eat 4k+ a day to gain anything.

I drink lots of water and have a few beers every so often.

Haven't counted up my cals, will try to tomorrow, anyone see any gaps though? I should be right around 2800 a day or so, maybe a little lower maybe a little higher, last two days I had 2 sandwiches for dinner. Protein overload worked for me in Iraq, going to stick with it here.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Nice program. Should do you well however I would not try to immediately jump to your strength from before. Start out even lower and work your way up through progression then you will build muscle with the lower weights for a longer time than if you just jump back into your old weights as fast as possible. Don't do any big jumps each step you take in the progression is a new adaptation requirement telling you to build more muscle. You can choose to have 1 or 5 of adaptation adaption/growth periods on your way to getting back to your old weights. It is all in how fast you choose to progress with the weight. You can take many smaller steps or only 1 or two racing to get back to heavier weight. Muscle memory is going to take care of a lot of growth but you can grow more by progressing slower with the weight since your muscles have already de-conditioned, the weight is new to them and so is every increase. You don't need to be at max power to grow right now take advantage of it. If coming back from a break I think I would want to come back doing HST type progression of weight. Moving gradually over 6-8 weeks from higher reps to lower reps to insure a steady weight progression.

Nice, thanks for the advice Chris!

Going to drop the bench press down to 185 next round, 40 pounds less my 5RM should be a good progression point, I was actually surprised I could even do 205. Squats are down 90 so that will be a good point also, I like adding more than 5 per session to squats, but going to focus on form since 225 isn't a horrible wieght anyway, might add only 10 per round.

Going to be interesting on deads though hahaha

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn you and your epic threads. I haven't even been subscribed for thirty minutes and my inbox is already blowin' up! :D

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Diet looks about like this:

Breakfast:
2 cups 2% milk
2-3 whole eggs
1 cup oatmeal
1 scoop protein
All in a shake, about 5 cups of liquid.

Then I go workout about 2 hours later, taking maximize v2 pre-wo

BCAA+EAA during workout

Post workout:
2 scoops protein
2 scoops WMS
Glutamine
Cissus

1.5 hours after workout:
Ham and cheese sandwich on wheat with spinach and mustard

Dinner is whenever I get hungry again and is either another sandwich or chicken breast and brown rice with veggies

before bed I make some random dish with cottage cheese, last night it was 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup greek yogurt, 1 cup berry sherbert and it was delish.

Diet is rough I know, just getting back and not used to not having to eat 4k+ a day to gain anything.

I drink lots of water and have a few beers every so often.

Haven't counted up my cals, will try to tomorrow, anyone see any gaps though? I should be right around 2800 a day or so, maybe a little lower maybe a little higher, last two days I had 2 sandwiches for dinner. Protein overload worked for me in Iraq, going to stick with it here.
Well the thing is your activity level has changed since Iraq. So you might as well feel out what your body is going to do with that diet and adjust from there. Your metabolism will probably not be running as fast. I could be wrong but feel it out. Who makes these sandwiches? Is it you, if so how much meat are you putting in them? A lot of people don't put enough meat in sandwiches. I make a turkey breast sandwich I got 2 peices of bread, and 6-7 0z turkey breast a piece of fat free cheese. So you see how sandwiches vary by maker. LOL

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice, thanks for the advice Chris!

Going to drop the bench press down to 185 next round, 40 pounds less my 5RM should be a good progression point, I was actually surprised I could even do 205. Squats are down 90 so that will be a good point also, I like adding more than 5 per session to squats, but going to focus on form since 225 isn't a horrible wieght anyway, might add only 10 per round.

Going to be interesting on deads though hahaha
Yeah 10 per round would probably be good. Definitely no more than 20 at a time on the squats and deads.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Damn you and your epic threads. I haven't even been subscribed for thirty minutes and my inbox is already blowin' up! :D
heheh its good to be back :p

Well the thing is your activity level has changed since Iraq. So you might as well feel out what your body is going to do with that diet and adjust from there. Your metabolism will probably not be running as fast. I could be wrong but feel it out. Who makes these sandwiches? Is it you, if so how much meat are you putting in them? A lot of people don't put enough meat in sandwiches. I make a turkey breast sandwich I got 2 peices of bread, and 6-7 0z turkey breast a piece of fat free cheese. So you see how sandwiches vary by maker. LOL
That's what I was thinking too, I went to bed last night at 180 even and woke up at 176, so the metabolism is in high gear at the moment, it should slow down though because my only activity is gym at the moment, school wont start for me until february. but Ill be at FT Lewis all of January.

I make the sandwiches :) I put about 6 slices of meat on them, the stack of meat is about 1/4", cheese stack is the same and I put as much spinach on as I can fit lol.

I've got a scale though so I can weigh the meat next time

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
subd!!

UNLEASH THE RAGE OF A 1000'S SUPERNOVA'S UPON THOSE WHO DARE STAND IN YOUR WAKE WHILE YOU ATTAIN MORE POWER!!!!!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Time to explode with some new muscle growth big Votum!!

I like the 5X5 set up. Nice one for all-out power and strength!! :yup:

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
subbed....Glad to see you back!

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
subd!!

UNLEASH THE RAGE OF A 1000'S SUPERNOVA'S UPON THOSE WHO DARE STAND IN YOUR WAKE WHILE YOU ATTAIN MORE POWER!!!!!
I will for sure!

Present and correct reporting for duty,

Glad to have you back
Glad to be back!!

Time to explode with some new muscle growth big Votum!!

I like the 5X5 set up. Nice one for all-out power and strength!! :yup:

:You_Rock_Emoticon:
Thanks man, I think its going to kick some major ass for coming back

subbed....Glad to see you back!
Glad to be back!

I have some wicked DOMS right now too o.0

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Day 2

Rest

Day 3 - Hooahhh

Squat:
235x5x5

Overhead Press:
95x5x5

Deadlift:
225x5, 275x5

Pullups to Failure:
x14, x10, x8

Chinups to failure:
x10, x8, x10

Prine Bridge:
3x 30 seconds

Stretching for about 20 minutes

Squat: its coming back already, almost able to do ATG with 235, dont get tired until the last set, had to do 2 rest pauses

Overhead press: Kept this light for a reason, max was 135 in Iraq, dont want to burn out too fast though

Deadlift: 225x5 was too easy so I did another set, only supposed to do 1x5 but F that.

Pullups/Chinups: holy hell those were hard back to back. Good numbers though imo.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Question for you 5x5 vets:

This routine doesn't call for any light or medium days like traditional 5x5s.

EOD is the same workout...should I be increasing weights EOD or increase every other workout, like this:

A, B, A(add weight), b(add weight), a, b, a(add), b(add) or like this:

A(add), b(Add), a(Add), b(add)

What do you guys think?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
HMMM Hard to day. If you make small increases EOD should be fine. Otherwise increase every other workout.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Day 3:

Squat:
245x5x5

Bench Press:
190x5x4 190x4

Inverted Row to Failure:
x15, x15, x10

Pushups to Failure:
x50, x25, x26

Reverse Crunch:
3x20

Everything was good, attaching current pics in the next post. Looking a little chubby :(

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking good for this time of year man don't be too hard on yourself.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
:D Thanks mate, the beard is deceiving though lol.

Yeah I know I don't look bad, just not where I want to be, which is a never ending cycle.

178 even on wakeup today. Starting to climb slowly.

Have workout update as well, gotta go find my book

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Day 5:

Squat:
255x5x4, 255x4 - ran out of juice

Overhead Press:
105x5x5

Deadlift:
275x5, 315x3 - could have kept going but i was out of time

Pullups to Failure:
x14, x10, x8

Chinups to failure:
x10, x8, x7

Prine Bridge:
3x 60 seconds - actually just 30 deep breaths, pretty sure its at least 60 seconds though

I am digging this routine, its working well, and I am not getting nearly as much DOMS as expected. Might be due to actually being able to eat real food now though too. Weight this morning was 180.2 IIRC.

What should I run after XMAS...Super DMZ...Havoc...or some Dermacrine??

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Day 6: Rest, Day 7: starting in a little bit, gotta digest myu breakfast :D

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 5:

Squat:
255x5x4, 255x4 - ran out of juice

Overhead Press:
105x5x5

Deadlift:
275x5, 315x3 - could have kept going but i was out of time

Pullups to Failure:
x14, x10, x8

Chinups to failure:
x10, x8, x7

Prine Bridge:
3x 60 seconds - actually just 30 deep breaths, pretty sure its at least 60 seconds though

I am digging this routine, its working well, and I am not getting nearly as much DOMS as expected. Might be due to actually being able to eat real food now though too. Weight this morning was 180.2 IIRC.

What should I run after XMAS...Super DMZ...Havoc...or some Dermacrine??
Depends on your specific goals bro. If you're looking to add some mass and keep with this 5X5 strength program, I'd recommend doing the Super DMZ. It will give you the most bang in the mass/strength department. :thumbsup:

Havoc would be better utilized during a cut or recomp.

The Dermacrine will come in handy WITH the Super DMZ run in case you run into lethargy issues. If you don't have lethargy issues, it will come in handy during your PCT. And that PCT should definitely include a real SERM.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Depends on your specific goals bro. If you're looking to add some mass and keep with this 5X5 strength program, I'd recommend doing the Super DMZ. It will give you the most bang in the mass/strength department. :thumbsup:

Havoc would be better utilized during a cut or recomp.

The Dermacrine will come in handy WITH the Super DMZ run in case you run into lethargy issues. If you don't have lethargy issues, it will come in handy during your PCT. And that PCT should definitely include a real SERM.
Well I am always recomping :p Might be better to save the Havoc for after winter though huh?

I am trying to figure out the best routine for mass...I know 5x5 isn't it, was thinking for running with GVT again when I start the cycle.

Only have 1 bottle of DMZ though, but that should be plenty. Kleen did pretty damn good with 1 bottle. I didn't see why his log got closed, should I not log it?

Yeah I will be buying a bunch of nolvadex for either run, 20/20/20/20 is how I'll run it, with swole stack during PCT also.

Anyway...today was crap :(

Squat 275x5x5 - little rough, might want to stick here. Was planning on hitting 315 and sticking, might still do that though.

OH Press 115x5x5 - felt good

Then the gym closed...damn thing has the most random hours...so I couldn't do pullups and chinups...oh well though the 2 main ones got done. Drove over to the 24 hours fitness place to finish and they closed for guests at 6, like 2 minutes after I got there lol. Have a wedding in the morning though, gotta go buy a nice suit, should be fun!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
At the time Kleen's log got closed Iron Labz wasnt a sponsor here and now they r so it wouldnt get closed.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Wedding was super fun, was hanging out with family I haven't seen and then was chilling with this 19 year old SUPER hottie from New York (Bride's side) Damn was she hot...but I will never be in NYC so I didn't pursue it too much. Did I mention she was hot though?

Update: No Gym today, gym is closed. Extra day will do me some good anyway I suppose.

Girls:

So I asked this chick at the coffee shop out one day, and she said yeah. Then she said she had a boyfriend when I went to pick her up so I left, haven't talked to her since. Went to the bar that same night and met some chick named Hope, she fairly cute, could stand to hit the gym a little more, maybe 10 pounds overwieght, but she is cute regardless.

Fast forward several days, saw her and her roommate in another bar, so I sat with them and we chilled for a little. She gave me her number before she left and I gave her a call a bit later to see if she was busy, she was driving her roommates home so I said I'd call her later.

About a week later I had tried to contact her a few times with no answer, told her my facebook page and said hey, feel free to stalk me, might jog your memory a bit. She calls 5 minutes later and wants to hang out that night. So I go out, she finds me at the bar and I take her home. 5 hours of the most making out in my life ensues while I try my damndest to seal the deal. She ends up saying she's only met me once before, fair enough. Small town and thats a little classy so +1 her. We hang out the next night, get some hand action both ways, although I had to ninja my way in.

She's back with her family for winter break now, going to try and meet some chicks in the gym while shes gone and see if anything happens when she gets back.

I feel like I need to spice this up a bit so people show up lol

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
+1 for the story...i would rep you again if i could...but here is a token of my appreciation

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Now those are some nice +2's!!!

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
buahaha :D

Thanks for showin up with some twins heheh. I'll find some later tonight as well, going to the gym here in a few moments, gotta make up for lost time the other day

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Day 9:

Squat:
285x5x5 - These felt damn good, got some chuck taylors and they sire work a ton better than stupid tennis shoes

Bench Press:
205x5x5 - First 3 sets were hard as hell then some hotties were benching 50lbs right next to me so I got motivated and knocked out last 2 sets with ease, nice slow reps

Inverted Row to Failure:
x20, x15, x9.5 - Improving still, its crazy doing so many reps of these...last one I only made it halfway so I held it there for about 20 seconds and eased back down.

Pushups to Failure:
x60, x25, x25 - I am only shooting to increase the first set of these, I want to keep sets 2 and 3 at 25, its hard pushing them out, the first set always amazes me though as I am beat from bench and rows by this time...I am damn near the 100% mark for the army PT test...and at the end of my workout to boot!

Pullups:
x12 normal, x4 5 second positive and 10 second negative, x5 regular - added these today because I didn't do them the other day, slightly modified them so I could get the same amount of work done with less reps, did super concentration for the second set.

Reverse Crunch:
3x20 - Abs are never hard...might increase these to 25 per set as I am not feeling the burn any more until the last set.

Stetching and some walking to cool off.

Overall good day.

I woke up about 1PM, took my breakfast shake at 1:50, about 1200 cals, pre workout at 4:00, was in the gym by 5:00, done with the gym by 6:30, took my post w/o shake at about 6:40, and will be eating a solid meal, ham sandwich with spinach pepperjack and mustard on wheat with a bowl of soup at around 8:00. I'll then probably have a bowl of chili with flour tortilla chips and about 4oz cheddar cheese are 10 or 11, then around 1AM or so have a shake with 1/2 container of cottage cheese, 2 cups milk, 1cup greek yogurt, and a scoop or two of some berry sherbert before hitting the sack. Just started counting every calorie today so I will write up a diet report for you guys while Im drinking my bedtime shake. Hope everyone is doing good!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 9:

Squat:
285x5x5 - These felt damn good, got some chuck taylors and they sire work a ton better than stupid tennis shoes!
Doc Martins all the way!! Best boots for squatting.......EVER!!

Not bad for giving someone a "California Smile" either. :silly:

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
The other day:

Squat:
295x5x5

Overhead Press:
125x5 - had to drop to 115x5x3, 115x3.5

Deadlift:
315x3 - without VersaGripps because I lost them :( New ones on the way

Pullups to Failure:
x13, x15, x12

Chinups to failure:
x9.5, x10, x9

Prine Bridge:
3x 30 deep breaths

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
And yesterday

Squat:
305x5x5 - Didn't go low enough on my last set...probably around 115 degrees or so. I am feeling like that's OK though as I increase my weight...my legs are long so squatting down to 90 with a lot of weight on is super hard on my back

Bench Press:
215x5x5 - These were all hard o.0 Really feeling not having my versa gripps...Oh well 225 next time :D

Inverted Row to Failure:
x23, x12, x10.5 - Still improving

Pushups to Failure:
x20, x11, x10 - Uh not sure at all what happened here...my best guess is my pump was just way to big today...I took Hemavol because its one of my favorite Pre-wo...the Vitamin B just makes me focus so damn hard...I did the second and third sets super slow though...and after that did a whole bunch of other accessory work, about 40 minutes worth of upper body stuff.

Reverse Crunch:
3x20 -

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Also, took advantage of a nice big sale :) Got some Clen, Clomid, Nolva, IGF-1 and some other stuff. Not ready to be using the IGF, still studying up on it, but was a damn good deal

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Squat:
315x5x5 - going to stay here...

Overhead Press:
115x5x5 - going to stay here...

Deadlift:
225x5, 315x2 - holy **** 315 hurts my hands lol...calluses cinch up and I can't grab the bar anymore...can't wait for the versagripps to get in..

Pullups to Failure:
x19, x13.5, x10 - Still increasing here

Chinups to failure:
x15, x12, x10 - surprised myself on these as well

Prone Bridge:
3x 60 seconds

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
And what I just finished up, 21 DEC 10:

Squat:
135x10, 225x5, 315x5x5 - These felt good...bar didn't roll on me, I got down lower than last time, hips were not bugging me as bad. I'm going to stick at 315 as my working weight until I can nail 90 degrees with it. Might take me awhile as 90 degrees has my ass about 6 inches off the ground...really bothers my hips If I have more than my body weight going to 90. To compensate for not being able to go to 90 I go pretty slow, deep breath, 5 seconds down, 2 or 3 seconds up, repeat.

Bench Press:
135x10, 225x5, 225x3, 185x5x3 - Elbows were killing me during the second set of 225, had to drop the weight, they were still killing me even with 185 but I slowed down a lot to work my chest. Pretty sure I am damn close to CNS failure, luckily the gym is going to be closed for a few days so I will rest good. Met my goal though and got back to 225x5 so I was happy.

Inverted Row to Failure:
x25, x15, x11 - improved on all 3 sets. These almost feel exactly like pushups so I think they might be playing on the pushup sucking last few days.

Pushups to Failure:
x25, x15, x12 - I increased these from last time...but I am using this as my guide for CNS failure...90% sure I am very close as I went from 65 on the first set to 20 in one day...I don't think it is a pump any more. Break is coming soon.

Reverse Crunch:
x20, x20, x20 - These are easy.

That's it, proud of myself on the compound movements and a little worried about my elbows but I think I just need a good rest, I've been pushing myself harder than I should for a 5x5 in order to get back into heavy weights before my super first cycle and my body is feeling it. I'm gaining weight pretty damn fast though...Woke up this morning at 187.2, 32.5" waist at the belly button and 42" chest unflexed, so I am making fast progress and am just about where I was when I left Iraq. Feeling confident that I can push enough weight to really start making big gains on the cycle.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Nice workouts bro!!!

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Check this **** out:

29DEC-
-----------
I just invented a new thing. I call it Double Down Sets. Read on.

What I decided to do, since New Years will be crazy, was smoke the hell out of my body. I picked my heaviest weight I was comfortable working with and could complete a respectable amount of reps with for each exercise, knocked them out until form failure, dropped the weight a bit, doubled the reps, rinsed and repeated until I hit the lowest weight or just the bar. It worked, I feel damn good and am going to be sore tomorrow!
-------------
Squat:
315x10 -- 225x20 -- 135x40 -- 45x80 -- Yeah I rest-paused sometimes lol. ~15 minutes to complete
-----------
Deadlift:
315x5 -- 225x10 -- 135x20 -- Legs were dying so I didnt do the bar
Bench PRess:
225x5 -- 185x10 -- 135x20 -- 45x40 -- No rest pausing but damn it hurt.
-----------
Pullup:
x14, x8, x8 - Just enough rest to get a drink of water
-----------
Inverted Row:
x8 - Back was smoked by now
-------------
Hammer Curls:
40x5 -- 30x10 -- 20x20 -- 10x40
------------
Arnold Press:
40x10 -- 30x19.5 -- 20x20 -- 10x40 -- Should have only dropped 3 times, was no way I was getting 20x40.
------------
Rotator Cuff work, 10x15 slow reps
-----------
Reverse Crunches are my favorite ab exercise now, x30, x30.
-----------
Stretching.
-----------

So I am well on my way to getting to 200 before my test arrives. In my workout clothes on the scale right this second I weighed 196.8. I will give my clothes 5 lbs and that is very liberal. We'll see what I wake up at in the morning but if its over 190 I will be a very happy camper, weight is steadily rising, waist is not changing, BF is not changing, everything is as it should be :p

And test is on the way!