Volcom's PRIME & T-911 Stack

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea, I can see that but it's like being called the best basketball player in the world but not playing in the NBA anymore. But as long as he keeps fighthing, I think it's OK.

Plus, I might be different than some recent fans on this one but I dont think a Lesner/Fedor fight is justified right now anyway. Fedor would break Lesner off properly, or at least I think so.

That being said, I would pay a good amount of $$ to see Fedor/Lesner :)
I agree with the NBA analogy, and that's part of the argument going against Fedor as number one. I think what's floating his number status is his record. He worked his way through Pride, during a time of the best HW class to date, and he's still relatively young.

I don't think Lesnar should be fighting Fedor either. I would give it a 85/15 chance for Fedor, because although Fedor is leaps & bounds above Lesnar in talent, Lesnar has a striker's chance of landing a flailing KO. Apart from that, I agree, Fedor would end it on the ground.

tyler4

tyler4

Awards
  • Established
Pride in it's prime was loads deeper than the UFC in basically every weight. And that was when Fedor was kickin it hard.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Yea, I can see that but it's like being called the best basketball player in the world but not playing in the NBA anymore. But as long as he keeps fighthing, I think it's OK.

Plus, I might be different than some recent fans on this one but I dont think a Lesner/Fedor fight is justified right now anyway. Fedor would break Lesner off properly, or at least I think so.

That being said, I would pay a good amount of $$ to see Fedor/Lesner :)
Using your analogy however... the best basketball players (heavies) aren't necessarily in the NBA...

tyler4

tyler4

Awards
  • Established
Using your analogy however... the best basketball players (heavies) aren't necessarily in the NBA...
Yea, I can see that but I guess you could go as far to say that the entire class of heavies of MMA arent really anything too spectacular. UFC or other.

But the UFC is the best MMA org. in the world so it would only be fitting for him to fight there, IMHO. When he was in Pride, they were the best.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Yea, I can see that but I guess you could go as far to say that the entire class of heavies of MMA arent really anything too spectacular. UFC or other.

But the UFC is the best MMA org. in the world so it would only be fitting for him to fight there, IMHO. When he was in Pride, they were the best.
I would give you that the UFC is the best MMA organization in the Americas. Would be a tougher sell globally, and no where near as big in Asia - esp Japan. Japan is a huuuuge market with a lot of cheddar for this sh*t.

tyler4

tyler4

Awards
  • Established
True. But when Pride was alive I thought they were the deepest and most talented and since most of that talent is now in the ufc, that's why I think it's probably the best, at least in my opinion.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would give you that the UFC is the best MMA organization in the Americas. Would be a tougher sell globally, and no where near as big in Asia - esp Japan. Japan is a huuuuge market with a lot of cheddar for this sh*t.
What the American athletes do that Japanese athletes have a hard time overcoming or even dealing with, is the level of strength in wrestling. PRIDE used have deeper talent all around in my opinion, but I think the UFC's talent pool is climbing perhaps in greater bounds then we might assume. First, as we're flooded with the Brazilians, our BJJ game is going up, I'm not saying its as good or better then the avg. Japanese MMA'ist, but my main point is just that our standard of BJJ has been forced upward as a result of the Brazilians being an influential & integrated part of our talent pool. I also think as a whole, we have better strikers, in terms of boxing. Kick boxing, muay thai, I give to the international stage. I give the Japanese Judo and I think there are a greater amount of expertise Jiu Jitsu guys in Japan, but in terms of UFC's best vs Japans best, I think we are pretty good in that comparison.

Truthfully, much of everything I just said could be argued back & forth, but as far as wrestling is concerned, hands down UFC athletes, any weight class.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
True. But when Pride was alive I thought they were the deepest and most talented and since most of that talent is now in the ufc, that's why I think it's probably the best, at least in my opinion.
I think the only Pride born athletes that are still competitive are Rampage, Hendo, and Anderson Silva. Big Nog looks like a shell of who he was and Wandy isn't quite a shell of who he was, but he's not the Wandy of Pride.

Cro Cop is rumored to come over, or perhaps officially announced already, but he's in the same boat Big Nog is, and Cro Cop used to be my main.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
What the American athletes do that Japanese athletes have a hard time overcoming or even dealing with, is the level of strength in wrestling. PRIDE used have deeper talent all around in my opinion, but I think the UFC's talent pool is climbing perhaps in greater bounds then we might assume. First, as we're flooded with the Brazilians, our BJJ game is going up, I'm not saying its as good or better then the avg. Japanese MMA'ist, but my main point is just that our standard of BJJ has been forced upward as a result of the Brazilians being an influential & integrated part of our talent pool. I also think as a whole, we have better strikers, in terms of boxing. Kick boxing, muay thai, I give to the international stage. I give the Japanese Judo and I think there are a greater amount of expertise Jiu Jitsu guys in Japan, but in terms of UFC's best vs Japans best, I think we are pretty good in that comparison.

Truthfully, much of everything I just said could be argued back & forth, but as far as wrestling is concerned, hands down UFC athletes, any weight class.
I think UFC has better wrestlers, because our collegiate wrestlers see it as a legitimate career path. There are some amazing wrestlers in Russia / Germany / Nordics that just don't have the exposure to MMA - yet... In international wrestling competitions, the US usually does not bode very well... I think this landscape will change once scouting becomes more prevalent and international wrestlers are lured to MMA just like BJJ players have been as of late.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey Tyler, I thought this was a pretty cool short clip.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=984fN-gt4lA"]YouTube - July 27th 2009 - Fedor Emelianenko, Gegard Mousasi and BJ Penn[/ame]

tyler4

tyler4

Awards
  • Established
Yea. Cro cop is still signed. I hope to see the cro cop of old. I to used to be a huge fan. I mean I still like the dude, I just want to see him like he used to be.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think UFC has better wrestlers, because our collegiate wrestlers see it as a legitimate career path. There are some amazing wrestlers in Russia / Germany / Nordics that just don't have the exposure to MMA - yet... In international wrestling competitions, the US usually does not bode very well... I think this landscape will change once scouting becomes more prevalent and international wrestlers are lured to MMA just like BJJ players have been as of late.
Yeah, I was about to bring up the Your-a-pee'n's, I can't argue against those Bears.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea. Cro cop is still signed. I hope to see the cro cop of old. I to used to be a huge fan. I mean I still like the dude, I just want to see him like he used to be.
me too, I rooted for him when he fought Fedor. One can only hope, but it seems the Cage throws a real wrench in fighters used to a ring.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ghetto Fitness - Lower Chest

I wanted to try something new today, so I tried something new. Firstly, my lower and outer pecs are my biggest problem area. It's developed, but it develops slower then my upper chest, which is odd, so I decided to ghetto fitness it today and see where or if any DOMS appears tomorrow.

Weighted Dips
BW x 15 reps
BW + 45lbs x 10 reps
BW + 70lbs x 10 reps
BW + 90lbs x 8 reps
BW + 90lbs x 6 reps
BW + 90lbs x 4.5 reps
BW + 70lbs x 8 reps
BW + 70lbs x 6 reps
BW + 70lbs x 5 reps
BW + 45lbs x 8 reps
BW + 45lbs x 6 reps
BW + 45lbs x 6 reps
BW x 10 reps
BW x 8 reps
BW x 8 reps [dry heaved a little]

Hammer Dips - Gironda Grip
180lbs x 10 reps
200lbs x 8 reps
220lbs x 6 reps [almost threw up in my mouth]
220lbs x 6 reps

There you have it, ghetto fitness chest day. I can't wait to try this when my new bottle of 800mg PRIME comes in.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
One lift workouts rock. Just beating yourself into the dirt with a single movement - there's something about it that is very satisfying...
If a scientist is on my side, I don't feel so strange having done that :sly:

I think this has to be your official signature:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
One lift workouts rock. Just beating yourself into the dirt with a single movement - there's something about it that is very satisfying...
I agree. Slamming one muscle group with one movement; I used to lift that way.

Day 1
Flat Bench x 10
RDL x 10

Day 2
Bent Over BB Row x 10
Squats x 10

Ya, those were good workouts

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Day 1
Flat Bench x 10
RDL x 10

Day 2
Bent Over BB Row x 10
Squats x 10

Yeah, it can really do the trick. My personal favorites for one lift workouts though are the clean and jerk or front squats. Do either for 45min with a good load and you will feel it all over the next day - you'll even get biceps, chest and calf DOMS.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Testosterone Release Party

Dead Lifts
225lbs x 10 reps
315lbs x 8 reps
375lbs x 1 rep :thinking:

[I was looking for 5 reps on the 375, but I only got one....:hmmm:]

Barbell Hack Squats
135lbs x 10 reps
185lbs x 8 reps
225lbs x 5 reps

Barbell Squats
135lbs x 10 reps, x 8 reps, x 6 reps

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Day 1
Flat Bench x 10
RDL x 10

Day 2
Bent Over BB Row x 10
Squats x 10

I don't think I've ever taken it to such an exclusive extreme, but I did enjoy it. My lower, outer pecs are majorly DOMSicled.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established

Dead Lifts
225lbs x 10 reps
315lbs x 8 reps
375lbs x 1 rep :thinking:

[I was looking for 5 reps on the 375, but I only got one....:hmmm:]

Barbell Hack Squats
135lbs x 10 reps
185lbs x 8 reps
225lbs x 5 reps

Barbell Squats
135lbs x 10 reps, x 8 reps, x 6 reps
Ha! What a coincidence. I'm on my 3rd week of PCT now,.... and last week's deads was the exact same occurrence. My 5 rep set ended up being a one rep set, Dropped it before locking out a second. Dont you just hate those days.....

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ha! What a coincidence. I'm on my 3rd week of PCT now,.... and last week's deads was the exact same occurrence. My 5 rep set ended up being a one rep set, Dropped it before locking out a second. Dont you just hate those days.....
Tell me about it, I didn't even have enough in me to GO for a second rep

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Resolve,

Or anyone concerned about grip strength. I did a little something extra with my Barbell Reverse Curls today. I took two Squat neck-pads, and lined them across a barbell, which in turn created an EXTREMELY thick grip environment. As I clamped my hands down on the bar, my fingers and thumbs were a good 3 inches apart, which meant I had to grip the bar with the jaws of life type of grip. There is enough room between your thumb and fingers for the bar to slip out of your hands if you don't clamp down hard enough. Basically, I was not able to not pyramid at all today and did 4 sets with just the bar in this manner, (before moving on).

Forearms Emphasized

Fat Grip Barbell Reverse Curls x 4 sets

Barbell Reverse Curls x 4 sets

Smith-Barbell Reverse Curls x 3 sets

Db Hammer Curls x 3 sets

Machine, Preacher Curls x 3 sets

The fat grip method can also be utilized in a regular curl to give the forearms more work, but there isn't that same need for a jaws of life grip as a reverse curl in this fashion.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's good thinking on the grip, Volcom. My workouts will be changing quite heavily in the next few weeks and I'm going to incorporate some of this stuff in there. I plan on altering my physique a great deal and seeing how I do when I focus solely on aesthetics and athletic ability. I'm going to try to go from bodybuilder to functional athlete if at all possible.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's good thinking on the grip, Volcom. My workouts will be changing quite heavily in the next few weeks and I'm going to incorporate some of this stuff in there. I plan on altering my physique a great deal and seeing how I do when I focus solely on aesthetics and athletic ability. I'm going to try to go from bodybuilder to functional athlete if at all possible.
Functional strength was the root motivation of me wanting to really develop my core strength. You don't get any more foundational then core and grip strength when it comes to functional strength :147:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Functional strength was the root motivation of me wanting to really develop my core strength. You don't get any more foundational then core and grip strength when it comes to functional strength :147:
Another filthy variation of reverse BB preachers is using a claw-grip, with a wrist flexion at the bottom.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do fat bar reverse curls every time I have to shake those last two drops out

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
I love reverse BB curls. Except I do 20-25 rep sets on them, rest- pause style after each 5 reps, and they are BLOWIN' up. Im going pretty crazy now on my arms/forearm routines, as I want me some Phil Health arms.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
50 rep Zottman Curl/Reverse Preacher Curl super-set = the most heinous and disgusting forearm pump you have ever experienced. Small children run from it.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
50 rep Zottman Curl/Reverse Preacher Curl super-set = the most heinous and disgusting forearm pump you have ever experienced. Small children run from it.
You and your Zottman's and Gironda's. You have to be the Canadian crowned prince of variation.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgG_uPJFV6E"]YouTube - Elaine and the Goiter Woman[/ame]

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
bahahah :rofl:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
hahah I figured

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL! That episode was fricken hilarious.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
"what do you mean like him?" " I dont LIKE him"

"why dont you like him?"

"why should I?"

:rofl:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The one where that female newspaper journalist thought Jerry and George were gay was funny too; the episode where the infamous, "...not that there's anything wrong with that." line came from.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
haha Seinfeld was/is epic

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ectosexual :rofl: thats gold

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That would make me a transmesoendite :hump:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Philanthropist Injury

Philanthropist Injury.

I was at the gym doing pull ups today and in between sets I just sit and look around. In front of me is a giant mirror, where I can see the rest of the free wright area. I was watching some kid doing incline bench, when he got stuck and the weight dropped back down on his chest. I stood up and sort of waited a moment to see if he wasn't doing something else, other then unwillingly struggling. He went for another push and it dropped back down on his chest, so I ran over, grabbed the bar and yanked that sucker back on the rack. Unfortunately, bending over that much, to pull the bar off someone's clavicle, with minimal assistance from the guy, ended up doing an inflammatory number on my still recovering erectors from Saturday's deads, squats day. I felt the numbing & weakness right in the lumbar region and I knew what had just happened :sick:

Nonetheless, BACK

Weighted Pull Ups

Behind The Neck Pull Ups
BW x 10 reps
BW + 10lbs x 8 reps
BW + 20lbs x 8 reps
BW + 30lbs x 5 reps

Close Grip Pull Ups
BW x 8 reps
BW + 10lbs x 7 reps
BW + 10lbs x 6 reps

Lat Pull Downs
190lbs x 10 reps
210lbs x 8 reps
230lbs x 8 reps
250lbs x 6 reps
270lbs x 6 reps

Behind The Neck Lat Pull Downs
190lbs x 10 reps
195lbs x 8 reps
200lbs x 6 reps

Close, Under-grip Lat Pull Downs
150lbs x 10 reps
160lbs x 10 reps
170lbs x 10 reps

As I was doing my behind the neck pull ups, comparing what I was able to do tonight, compared to what I was able to do a week or two ago, I thought to myself, "I can't say I know what its like to be on steroids, but my performance in terms of strength and endurance while on PRIME, is the closest thing," because my strength is notably increased when I'm on the goods, and my performance today was definitely PRIME'less in Seattle. However, I have my 150 cap, 800mg bottle coming in. Since I've continue to log and will continue on a very similar regiment, it will serve as a great contrast when the improvements come.