Volcom's PRIME & T-911 Stack

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
BJ gets no love from fellow fighters. He's like the king douche... Everyone dislikes him / thinks he's a tool, but the dude can straight up fight.

tyler4

tyler4

Awards
  • Established
BJ gets no love from fellow fighters. He's like the king douche... Everyone dislikes him / thinks he's a tool, but the dude can straight up fight.
I think some people are cool with him. Vitor, the Diaz's, Chuck, and Fedor came by his camp. Silva apparently thinks he's "the best" but that's just Silva being respectful.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sam, I think you're going to like my new routine, bro. Thanks for the insight. I used it. :)

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Vol, you get any acne from Prime? Im getting acne all over my legs. Not sure if Prime is the culprit or not. Never noticed it on the other runs :dunno:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Volcom The Volume Master: I have a new iteration of that routine I was telling you about [4 day split] that you would love. I switched it to three-on/two-off, all 90% intensity. Each body part gets worked two times in eight days.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Vol, you get any acne from Prime? Im getting acne all over my legs. Not sure if Prime is the culprit or not. Never noticed it on the other runs :dunno:
Dude that kind of sounds like folliculitis or some other type of staph infection. Do people get acne on their legs?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
From what I understand, PRIME isn't really a test booster, I forgot what it does (and does extraordinarily well), but I believe actual increase of total test isn't one of them.... I could be wrong, but I don't believe I am, so I wouldn't think it could be from the PRIME.

Maybe your DC routine has increased the amount of circulating test in your system :dunno:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude that kind of sounds like folliculitis or some other type of staph infection. Do people get acne on their legs?
Some people do. In 8th grade when I was playing pop warner football, we had a big @$$ kid named Andrew Maizley who had acne all over his quads. That's the only instance I recall.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Volcom The Volume Master: I have a new iteration of that routine I was telling you about [4 day split] that you would love. I switched it to three-on/two-off, all 90% intensity. Each body part gets worked two times in eight days.
Speaking of which, I just invested in another bottle of new PRIME from GNC.com. My gold card is still being rejected online, but whatever. My latest experience with PRIME has been perfect. I have the strength, muscle endurance & stamina comparable to the 2nd to 3rd week of a JW or 3AD, but none of the lethargy. Also, I'm experiencing size gain, but without the bloat.

I should probably just wrap this log up soon, I'm not really providing any new information or offering any unique angles to my current PRIME run. I've probably worked out about 4-5 times since I last logged a workout. I will report that during my last chest session, my bench was sky high.

@197lbs BW

Flat Bench
225lbs x 10
275lbs x 10
295lbs x 6
295lbs x 6 (again? I wasn't expecting that, so I went again)
295lbs x 5

and that's without mentioning how strong I maintained through the rest of the workout. I'm convinced PRIME is my "it" supplement. My ideal stack would simply be more bottles of PRIME so I can up my dosage.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sam, I think you're going to like my new routine, bro. Thanks for the insight. I used it. :)
Your new run should be awesome. I sincerely hope PRIME treats you as well as it treats me, because in such case, you'll have PRIME kick'n @$$ and you're already established positive responses to T-911 going in for the ground stomps.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I should probably just wrap this log up soon, I'm not really providing any new information or offering any unique angles to my current PRIME run.
RETRACTION

It just hit me on how I could derive and express some new input from this old run.

Previously, I was on old PRIME taking 6 caps total a day. Currently, on my new PRIME, which contains 200mg more PRIME-diole per serving, I'm still taking 6 caps a day. I was sitting here and about to go asleep when a PRIME-dene epiphany hit. What has been the biggest, most notable and palpable difference between my 6 caps a day with old PRIME, compared to my 6 caps of day with new PRIME? Maintained strength/muscle stamina.

First off, my definition of muscle endurance, is limited to the application of intra-set performance. Whereas, muscle stamina, is descriptive of inter-set performance or maintained strength throughout the depth of your workout. However, in which ever way you want to describe or label increased performance, I'll describe what I speak of and you can name it how you will.

What I've noticed with the new PRIME vs old PRIME at 6 caps a day, hasn't been a difference pertaining to absolute strength, but as aforementioned, maintained strength/muscle stamina.

For example. In previous runs with (old) PRIME (@195-200lbs BW), I could hit my bench in this exact progression rather consistently:

Flat
225lbs x 10
275lbs x 10
295lbs x 6

In my experience with new PRIME, although my absolute strength in terms of weight used and reps accomplished has been the same, what I found confounding in a positively surprising way, was my ability to carrying 295lbs across 2 additional sets and in a very proximal rep range, such as my last opening bench this week:

@197lbs BW

Flat Bench
225lbs x 10
275lbs x 10
295lbs x 6
295lbs x 6
295lbs x 5

Traditionally, when I reached a weight that I can only hit 6 times, my ensuing final set would mean that my ultimate goal is to push that same 6 rep range weight, for a final 5 rep set. However, I was able to carry that same level of strength for 2 additional sets. My numbers should have looked like:

295lbs x 6 reps
295lbs x 4-5 reps (5 reps being a real uphill, slowly pushed, 4-4.5 seconds rep battle)

It'd be one thing if this improved phenomenon only held true for my opening set, where my motivation is at its highest, my energy is at it's peak and my muscles are freshest. However, this trend of extended muscle stamina is the standard and not the exception in my current workouts.

The rest of that days chest workout looked like this:

Flat Bench
225lbs x 10 reps
275lbs x 10 reps
295lbs x 6 reps
295lbs x 6 reps
295lbs x 5 reps

Hammer Wide Press
270lbs x 10 reps
270lbs x 10 reps
270lbs x 8 reps
270lbs x 7 reps (I wanted to be done by the next set, and by done meaning I struggle to attain 5 reps, so I added 25's on each side)
320lbs x 6 reps (these are the surprises of PRIME-diole I'm talking about).
340lbs x 6 reps
360lbs x 5 reps

Hammer Dips - Gironda Grip
180lbs x 10 reps
200lbs x 8 reps
230lbs x 8 reps
230lbs x 7 reps
230lbs x 6 reps
230lbs x 6 reps

Incline Bench
185lbs x 10 reps
205lbs x 10 reps
225lbs x 8 reps
225lbs x 6 reps
225lbs x 6 reps

Machine, Fly Press
180lbs x 10 reps, x 8 reps, x 5 reps

What I've realized is that I don't necessarily (or have not yet) feel any stronger in terms of peak weight x peak reps intra-set, but my ability to maintain strength/muscle stamina is quite exceptional. I've always had a tendency to not burn out in the same fashion as a lot of people throughout the progression of a workout, but traditionally, in any high intensity situation, reps inevitably suffer as sets extends, most notably when we're talking 5-6 rep zone type of weight. However, I've managed to stay afloat. I suppose I can keep my eye on this particular phenomenon, now that I'm much more aware of it's "contrast," to old PRIME.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dont you get folliculitis from shaving? I dont shave my legs lol.
From what I understand, PRIME isn't really a test booster, I forgot what it does (and does extraordinarily well), but I believe actual increase of total test isn't one of them.... I could be wrong, but I don't believe I am, so I wouldn't think it could be from the PRIME.

Maybe your DC routine has increased the amount of circulating test in your system :dunno:
Verry good point. I never thought about that. When I would run PHs I would get assne and now I'm getting it again. It has gone down in the last few days. So Im not really sure what to think. :dunno:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Btw looking great Sam!

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ya that stuff sucks. Us light-skinned people are always prone to that crap.
My Dermatologist is a red-headed Irishman as well, and he was afflicted with it pretty severely. Mine was on my trunk for some time and ended up being pretty painful. The scars all receded, but they took [at least] eight months!

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
i try to catch up on the thread, and, as always, i tune in during the weird conversations haha

some day, ill use prime, and it will all be because of you, sam. just thought id let you know :thumbsup:

ps. how is post undergrad life treating you? and engaged life?