Tomahawk is Unleasing the Monster (log)

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He's in great shape to say the least :)

//CC
Haha well not cardio wise. Man never did cardio when he was living in my town.

Man, reading this log makes me want to throw in the towel! I hurt my back/hammy DL'ing 455! Now you're putting up pics of beastly natural athletes. Damnit Tom!

BRB, gonna mainline 60mg SD...
Lol my bad man. I guess since my Epi pulse log helped u this log has to hurt u :confused:

But ya he is a freaking beast. Working arms with him was just demoralizing.

Let us know how that works new way to take it lol.

Damn, your friend looks effing legit. That's way beyond what I'll ever achieve, kudos to folks who actually get there.
Ya he is def not messing around. Time is on his side too. He just turned 23.

dudes got some size for sure
Oh ya and he is a cheerleader... anyone want to make fun of him? :rofl:

Will post up my workout later and some thoughts.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
sounds good, what did you work out/
Legs, first day squatting by myself.

Lol, nope.

Was he the guy in your squat video?
Apparently u can get a hell of a college scholarship cheerleading if u r a guy.

Lol no def not. I worked out with Kevin(body builder 2 years ago). Ben(squat video) is actually headed ur way for 2 monthes. He should come back strong so I need to keep killing it here in GA.

Ok so the workout....SUCKED! Idk if it is being in PCT(doubtful), being much lighter weight(235 to 231), lifting alone(no competition or spotter), not having a belt, not doing the cage rage, or tweaking my form to fit into powerlifting more.

So some little POS left 225 on bar on the ground in the squat rack. So to start my workout I powercleaned that.

Squats: 405*7, 7 just didnt feel right. Might try box squats next leg day.

Single leg ext: 55*12, 70*12(felt more awkward than last time)

Hip machines(use 1 than the other rep) 295*12, 12, 12, 12

Leg press calves 110*100, 150*100, 190*100(was 100% sure on the weight but I got the reps right lol)

So today def showed me I need to go out and get my own belt. Will make the short drive to another town and get one this weekend most likely. It will most likely be an APT belt like the one Ben has. People have suggested Izner but right now I dont think I need one that high quality yet. I know it is only a little more but still. Although if I see one there I like who knows. I like the idea of being able to go there try it one and get it that day. A guy I know who powerlifts said his(Izner) belt took 2 monthes to get to him. Right now Im just a guy who loves to deadlift nothing more.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok so as far as PCT goes Im feeling good and confident. Dont think I will have any problems getting it up if something were to happen. This combo for PCT has def been good to me.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
good to hear that pct is going good!!!

hey guess what not trying to hijack your thread but i hit 335 on DL last night, i was up to 365 a few weeks ago, but i was still on a calorie surplus.. this is 11 days into cycle, 8 days into cut, and 7 days into dbol... strength is going back up and im gonna do some low rep squats and deads to get them up... :D

thought if i mentioned that to anyone it'd be you. my goal is to hit 405 on DL... on this cut

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

hey guess what not trying to hijack your thread but i hit 335 on DL last night, i was up to 365 a few weeks ago, but i was still on a calorie surplus.. this is 11 days into cycle, 8 days into cut, and 7 days into dbol... strength is going back up and im gonna do some low rep squats and deads to get them up... :D

thought if i mentioned that to anyone it'd be you. my goal is to hit 405 on DL... on this cut
Ya I can say without a doubt we r def repping for the right company :biggrin:

I just saw that in ur log good sh1t man. I always welcome deadlift talk. Nice keep hitting the big 2 hard and they will go up trust me.

U will be able to do it man. U got a long cycle ahead of u with some fun ass stuff to run. Hell I went from right around 600 to 675 this cycle. I honestly want to try 685 next monday if I can go to Sci Fit in Macon and find a decent belt.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Legs, first day squatting by myself.

Apparently u can get a hell of a college scholarship cheerleading if u r a guy.

Lol no def not. I worked out with Kevin(body builder 2 years ago). Ben(squat video) is actually headed ur way for 2 monthes. He should come back strong so I need to keep killing it here in GA.

Ok so the workout....SUCKED! Idk if it is being in PCT(doubtful), being much lighter weight(235 to 231), lifting alone(no competition or spotter), not having a belt, not doing the cage rage, or tweaking my form to fit into powerlifting more.

So some little POS left 225 on bar on the ground in the squat rack. So to start my workout I powercleaned that.

Squats: 405*7, 7 just didnt feel right. Might try box squats next leg day.

Single leg ext: 55*12, 70*12(felt more awkward than last time)

Hip machines(use 1 than the other rep) 295*12, 12, 12, 12

Leg press calves 110*100, 150*100, 190*100(was 100% sure on the weight but I got the reps right lol)

So today def showed me I need to go out and get my own belt. Will make the short drive to another town and get one this weekend most likely. It will most likely be an APT belt like the one Ben has. People have suggested Izner but right now I dont think I need one that high quality yet. I know it is only a little more but still. Although if I see one there I like who knows. I like the idea of being able to go there try it one and get it that day. A guy I know who powerlifts said his(Izner) belt took 2 monthes to get to him. Right now Im just a guy who loves to deadlift nothing more.

APT makes good **** Tom... Good pick. I used there wrist wraps for benching & damn when you wrap those ****ers tight it feels like ur wrists are in a cast!

Damn southern I got you beat on deads bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My PR i hit in April on deads was 415 :D That's weaksauce compare to tom. but i'm happy with it :)

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
APT makes good **** Tom... Good pick. I used there wrist wraps for benching & damn when you wrap those ****ers tight it feels like ur wrists are in a cast!

Damn southern I got you beat on deads bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My PR i hit in April on deads was 415 :D That's weaksauce compare to tom. but i'm happy with it :)
Not 100% set in stone which company belt I am going to get but def leaning towards APT. And I have those wrist wraps too but dont use them really.

Man I have been trying to find people with a similar deadlift number as me on AM but havent really.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Dude your deadlift is sick, so obviously not alot of people are going to catch you!!!

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not 100% set in stone which company belt I am going to get but def leaning towards APT. And I have those wrist wraps too but dont use them really.

Man I have been trying to find people with a similar deadlift number as me on AM but havent really.
My next cycle goal is 500, far cry from where you're at buddy.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
man I agree!!! I love the APT gear! you can see me sporting it and 1 of their shirts in my avi!!!

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
^ I always thought I would just stay without any gear and get my weights up on my own...but these damn challenge logs make me want to buy some just so my numbers can go up :D Versagripps sure would be nice for those db rows o.0

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Go through Khobuki's log. He's a USPLabs sponsored athlete, I think he DL's 800lbs and he's like 220lbs or something, he's got some vidoes throughout his entire log. Pretty hardcore dude, but he competes, like how you should compete.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/58778-kabukis-video-log.html

He hits 660lbs x 12 reps on his first page.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude your deadlift is sick, so obviously not alot of people are going to catch you!!!
Most people just dont do deadlifts thats all.

My next cycle goal is 500, far cry from where you're at buddy.
Nice keep at man. Cant beat deadlifts for a full body workout.

man I agree!!! I love the APT gear! you can see me sporting it and 1 of their shirts in my avi!!!
The belt I use is just comfortable to me. Nice.

^ I always thought I would just stay without any gear and get my weights up on my own...but these damn challenge logs make me want to buy some just so my numbers can go up :D Versagripps sure would be nice for those db rows o.0
Haha well if ur hands cant handle the weight do what u must.

Go through Khobuki's log. He's a USPLabs sponsored athlete, I think he DL's 800lbs and he's like 220lbs or something, he's got some vidoes throughout his entire log. Pretty hardcore dude, but he competes, like how you should compete.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/58778-kabukis-video-log.html

He hits 660lbs x 12 reps on his first page.
Lol we shall see if I should compete.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol we shall see if I should compete.
Well, Kobuki is like, ranked #1 for raw DL's relative to his own BW or something. He's not the "average competition" by any means. I seriously think you'd do extremely well for a local comp.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
tom u should compete for sure dude
There has to be a competition for me to compete lol. Georgia facking sucks for PL comps.

Well, Kobuki is like, ranked #1 for raw DL's relative to his own BW or something. He's not the "average competition" by any means. I seriously think you'd do extremely well for a local comp.
Lol ya that was a little demoralizing seeing that not going to lie.

Hope to get a belt tomorrow but we will see. Def need to get a hair cut before this weekend. My hair grows so fast and thick.

Going to do shoulders when everything in my stomach settles.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is a deadlift contest which I hope a bunch of yall will decide to join.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/161295-separating-men-boys-2.html#post2590731

Here is a great thread I think should get some love.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/general-chat/161259-joys-posting.html

Alright so for the workout tonight. Shoulders

DB shoulder press 105*12, 115*9(I couldnt remember what I used last time and it bugged the hell out of me, I have to go look back)

Standing BB military 135, was supposed to start at 10 reps and work my way down to 5 with short rest periods. The rest periods ended up being longer than needed.

Front DB raise 35*10, 40*10, 45*10

DB lateral raise 4 sets

Bent over rear DB flyes: 15*15, 20*15, 25*15, 30*15 My rear delts were so spent.

Saw the Panamanian mamacita at the FC tonight. She was doing cardio right by water fountain and my sweating ass had to get water a lot so we talked a bit. She said my arms were looking better and I must say her ass looked amazing :sgrin:

Tomorrow will be going to look for a powerlifting belt wish me luck. Also while at the FC I talked to a guy who I talk to regularly. Asked him if he had a camera and what do u know he does :) This is the guy u hear in the background of my 525 squat video who says "Hoooly sh1t" lol. He said he will bring his camera on Monday and let me know what time he is going to lift.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great workout man! I'm jealous of those DB shoulder presses :) Remember when you told me I should get some size on my shoulders? That is what I am concentrating on this winter ;)

//CC

perico13

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This is a deadlift contest which I hope a bunch of yall will decide to join.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/161295-separating-men-boys-2.html#post2590731

Here is a great thread I think should get some love.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/general-chat/161259-joys-posting.html

Alright so for the workout tonight. Shoulders

DB shoulder press 105*12, 115*9(I couldnt remember what I used last time and it bugged the hell out of me, I have to go look back)

Standing BB military 135, was supposed to start at 10 reps and work my way down to 5 with short rest periods. The rest periods ended up being longer than needed.

Front DB raise 35*10, 40*10, 45*10

DB lateral raise 4 sets

Bent over rear DB flyes: 15*15, 20*15, 25*15, 30*15 My rear delts were so spent.

Saw the Panamanian mamacita at the FC tonight. She was doing cardio right by water fountain and my sweating ass had to get water a lot so we talked a bit. She said my arms were looking better and I must say her ass looked amazing :sgrin:

Tomorrow will be going to look for a powerlifting belt wish me luck. Also while at the FC I talked to a guy who I talk to regularly. Asked him if he had a camera and what do u know he does :) This is the guy u hear in the background of my 525 squat video who says "Hoooly sh1t" lol. He said he will bring his camera on Monday and let me know what time he is going to lift.
Nice workout bro! You already know I'm check out thiose threads!
That's what's up about that Milf bro, if she was looking at your arms she was def checking you out. I hope you scoop that up bro!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great workout man! I'm jealous of those DB shoulder presses :) Remember when you told me I should get some size on my shoulders? That is what I am concentrating on this winter ;)

//CC
I dont go too far down on my DB shoulder presses but for BB I do. So dont be too impressed lol. I checked back at another shoulder workout and I did 125*6.

Nice man, what I seem to respond to best is basically one MAYBE 2 heavy pressing exercises a workout then the rest is basically flyes. Def dont neglect the rear delts that is what separates people if u ask me.

Nice workout bro! You already know I'm check out thiose threads!
That's what's up about that Milf bro, if she was looking at your arms she was def checking you out. I hope you scoop that up bro!
Be glad 1 of them isnt a pic thread lol.

Haha I knew u would comment about that. I dont mind trying.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Absolutely killing it there. 125lb DB military presses is monstrous!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DB shoulder press 105*12, 115*9(I couldnt remember what I used last time and it bugged the hell out of me, I have to go look back).
I dont go too far down on my DB shoulder presses but for BB I do. So dont be too impressed lol. I checked back at another shoulder workout and I did 125*6.
Do you place the DB's on your thighs and leg-kick them up into place or do you have someone hand you the DB's? I hate the leg-kick thing, but that's all I can do seeing as how I train alone.

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
Ahhh Toma. . very strong your are my friend. . you should take that str and chop up that bodyfat and compete. . .could be massive!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Absolutely killing it there. 125lb DB military presses is monstrous!
Thanks man but last night I didnt do them lol. I do so much better when lifting with someone else stronger.

Do you place the DB's on your thighs and leg-kick them up into place or do you have someone hand you the DB's? I hate the leg-kick thing, but that's all I can do seeing as how I train alone.
I can leg kick incline and flat but seated is so much worse. Used to get less help but lately been having people place them into position. A little less damage done so Im happy.

Ahhh Toma. . very strong your are my friend. . you should take that str and chop up that bodyfat and compete. . .could be massive!
Shoot I dont think I have the level of commitment to do bodybuilding. Plus Id def have to drop under 200 for a show as much fat as I have. Although I wouldnt mind looking better :sgring:

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Exactly what I have to also :(

//CC

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I cant really decide what to do exactly for a workout today. Thinking about doing a conditioning workout but arms is whats on the schedule. Wouldnt mind doing arms for tomorrow and I would have the time. But if I decide to deadlift max on Monday doing biceps on Saturday wouldnt be the best idea in my book.

Exactly what I have to also :(

//CC
Well this cycle and lifting with Ben has taught me I can and should use more weight. So before it was much easier to kick them up not so much now.

Aldross

Aldross

Awards
Nice to see you still getting stronger in PCT. Hope mine goes as well as yours is.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I went to get a belt and... he didnt have any lol. Apparently the manufacturers shipped the belts but didnt tell the company they changed the price till afterwards so some stock is being held up. But the guy was nice enough to let me borrow a belt he had in back. So he is going to call me up when they get the belts in. Pretty cool if u ask me.

Even though I got a belt I dont think I will be maxing on Monday. I have maxed the last 3 weeks and while I have gone up each time I still think it would be a good idea to take a break from maxing. Might still get a video who knows but I want to do a rep out with 405.

Today Im thinking Im going to do arms but could get to the FC and change my minds. I figure I can do a light little pump workout tomorrow before going out if I want to. But seriously I dont think I need to. My arms r looking pretty good and u can even see my bicep vein a little bit.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Sucks about the belts, i'm thinking i should get one of my own when i get back to the states. I just don't want to order one online. Like you, i want to try one out.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sucks about the belts, i'm thinking i should get one of my own when i get back to the states. I just don't want to order one online. Like you, i want to try one out.
Well after seeing the limited few he did have Im thinking I want to get one online. Online>store pretty much anything. The selection they are going to have will be so much better unless u live in a good area.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ya hit up apts website. they got a ton of sh1t. :)

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I train alone too, and this is the main reason i usually choose barbell over DB for heavy lifting. Too much ****ing around getting 100+ pound DB's into place.....

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I went to get a belt and... he didnt have any lol. Apparently the manufacturers shipped the belts but didnt tell the company they changed the price till afterwards so some stock is being held up. But the guy was nice enough to let me borrow a belt he had in back. So he is going to call me up when they get the belts in. Pretty cool if u ask me.

Even though I got a belt I dont think I will be maxing on Monday. I have maxed the last 3 weeks and while I have gone up each time I still think it would be a good idea to take a break from maxing. Might still get a video who knows but I want to do a rep out with 405.

Today Im thinking Im going to do arms but could get to the FC and change my minds. I figure I can do a light little pump workout tomorrow before going out if I want to. But seriously I dont think I need to. My arms r looking pretty good and u can even see my bicep vein a little bit.
You should double post your vids here and in the DL competition thread. Maybe it'll inspire some more folk to send in their DL vids.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ya hit up apts website. they got a ton of sh1t. :)
Ya I think that is what Im going to do. Idk yet though have to think about it.

I train alone too, and this is the main reason i usually choose barbell over DB for heavy lifting. Too much ****ing around getting 100+ pound DB's into place.....
Ya 100+ equals a big pain in the ass. I just got lucky and dont give a fack about asking people to help me.

You should double post your vids here and in the DL competition thread. Maybe it'll inspire some more folk to send in their DL vids.
I might just do that. Could be seen as a bit showy. I mean damn I already have 1 as my avatar lol.

BIG NEWS
Well well...... Read up guys!!!

Here is the deal... got everyones address who sent it to me and they were sent off to Needto. Now after talking to a few people through PM it turns out we have a couple things left for you guys...

2 KATANADROL
1 HELLADROL
1 EPI-STRONG

Dig in guys... who want's em and who can log em for us

From Chocolatemilk

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Damn, your friend looks effing legit. That's way beyond what I'll ever achieve, kudos to folks who actually get there.
Man you underestimate yourself too much. You are a brick sh*thouse and if you ever decide to diet down you will be shocked at how much muscle you have.
I typically do the kick up myself for the same reason. I lift with the wife and she can't hold up a 120 lb db in one spot long enough for me to stabilize it. I have not went over 110 on DB shoulder presses though.

I tend to stick with Hammer Strength or Smith machines now when I want to go heavier on shoulders. Of course having a shoulder injury will make you do that. I miss just killing it on push press or standing military press.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ya I think that is what Im going to do. Idk yet though have to think about it.

Ya 100+ equals a big pain in the ass. I just got lucky and dont give a fack about asking people to help me.

I might just do that. Could be seen as a bit showy. I mean damn I already have 1 as my avatar lol.

BIG NEWS
Well well...... Read up guys!!!

Here is the deal... got everyones address who sent it to me and they were sent off to Needto. Now after talking to a few people through PM it turns out we have a couple things left for you guys...

2 KATANADROL
1 HELLADROL
1 EPI-STRONG

Dig in guys... who want's em and who can log em for us

From Chocolatemilk
Damn It Man! I wanna run something! I wish I could hit up that Epi and Katanadrol or Helladrol and Katanadrol right now. Friggin PCT....

Nah man nothing wrong with putting your vids up multiple places you do a 665 dead lift you have the right to put it anywhere you want to.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn It Man! I wanna run something! I wish I could hit up that Epi and Katanadrol or Helladrol and Katanadrol right now. Friggin PCT....

Nah man nothing wrong with putting your vids up multiple places you do a 665 dead lift you have the right to put it anywhere you want to.
Hey dont sell me short. Its 675 get it right damn it! Lol :joke: I really want yall to see the 665 video though.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Well after seeing the limited few he did have Im thinking I want to get one online. Online>store pretty much anything. The selection they are going to have will be so much better unless u live in a good area.
Selection and price is always better online, i just wouldn't know which one to get that fits with out trying them out.

Aldross

Aldross

Awards
You send me that epi and I will add it to my current cycle. Could give me a good reason to make it longer with a nice bridge.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man you underestimate yourself too much. You are a brick sh*thouse and if you ever decide to diet down you will be shocked at how much muscle you have.
lol, tough love. I'm trying.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Selection and price is always better online, i just wouldn't know which one to get that fits with out trying them out.
Well I found out I need a Large today lol and I have a pretty big waist.

You send me that epi and I will add it to my current cycle. Could give me a good reason to make it longer with a nice bridge.
Haha Idk if I will have much help in selecting the rest of the log. Plus I think they want to give more people a chance. Not sure but thats what Im guessing.

lol, tough love. I'm trying.
I hear u for having ancestors that eat a lot of rice it sure treats me bad.

Damn I like :saeek:

Oh ya so RIGHT as Im leaving and walking to the parking lot who do I see? The Panamanian Mamacita who actually happens to be a grandmom lol.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Worked arms tonight. Was just under 230 at the start of my workout and ended up at 231.4 by the end. Ended up doing a lot for arms but damn I should have done cardio afterwards.

Rope tri ext
Preacher curls
Rev ez bar tri ext
Strict DB curls(no ego here)
Lying DB skull crushers
Chin ups
KB curls

I think that is the list. Went a little bit overboard by my standards as far as arms. Some of those went for more than 3 sets so volume was high. So much so I lost the pump feel.

Btw let me know what u think of my sig. Is that a bit too much?

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok so yesterday 9/24 was 1 week after I started PCT. Must say I am impressed. Got out the shower today and went to put Sustain Alpha on my balls and dang they were hanging like heavyweight champs. Id say they r bigger than pre cycle right now and this is only after 1 week. I know volume increase last time but this is a marked difference.

Saw an interesting product I will most likely will be picking up to try out in the future.

So I thought I knew what was in store for me post PCT but I might try and get something new and even more exciting. Wish me luck with that.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmmm, intrigued to hear what you got planned there, good louck from me :thumbsup:

//CC

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh ya so RIGHT as Im leaving and walking to the parking lot who do I see? The Panamanian Mamacita who actually happens to be a grandmom lol.
Skipping the MILF's and going straight on to the GILF's eh? You are a dirty little thing. :naughty::lol: