GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
He definitely had his game face on to move those 70's. :toofunny:

LIGHTWEIGHT BABY!***

***Literally.

newbie2bb

and here we were all just talking about form and stupid things in the gym we see. i bet he leans back for lat pull

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Here I was doing the wrong form and atcually doing the full ROM with my 110lbs. Those hooks are cool. With my back, my biggest worry is getting the 110s into position and off the rack.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
OMFG that guy is a tool, neat idea tho...:thinking:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice, do you plan to do half reps like he was too? I know you don't! LOL
Lol! I was going to say the same! That was some spectacular form. Way to go deep into the stretch!

TG, what do you recon you'd push in that fashion?
Cool hooks, but yeah, why would a guy youtube himself doing such crimes against humanity ROM? Kim Jong il reps.
He definitely had his game face on to move those 70's. :toofunny:

LIGHTWEIGHT BABY!***

***Literally.
and here we were all just talking about form and stupid things in the gym we see. i bet he leans back for lat pull
Here I was doing the wrong form and atcually doing the full ROM with my 110lbs. Those hooks are cool. With my back, my biggest worry is getting the 110s into position and off the rack.
OMFG that guy is a tool, neat idea tho...:thinking:
:icon_lol:
The sad thing is, that was the BEST video I found on youtube advertising those hooks!! There was like 3 videos total and the other 2 were even more laughable.
That guy didn't need hooks.......he needs some strength!!!:yup:
It was funny to see him psyching up so intensely to move that mountainous load of weight!!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MOTIVATION

Running down the dream. It seems like only yesterday that I was 19 years old and looking down at a barbell for my first time. My desire and dream then was to be big and muscular.

The Dream Lives On!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10ZGS1YL0bY"]YouTube- Bodybuilding Dream[/ame]

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SWITCHING GEARS!!!:drive:

As much as I have enjoyed the MrKleen hybrid routine that I've been on for the last 10 weeks or so, it's time to revert to some old style shit of my own!! The Kleen/hybrid full-body 3 times per week routine has really whipped my old ass into decent shape. I'm very conditioned at this point. My bodyfat% is probably around 9% or so. That's a guesstimate as I don't have calipers.
My cardiovascular level is at the highest it's been since I was in my 20's. So I'm ecstatic about that to say the least. And with Spring here, it's time to put on the muscle shirts and wife-beaters to show off the improvements I've made over the long winter months.

But enough of this for now. This is how I worked out this morning.

CHEST--Incline Machine Bench Presses--120X12, 220X10, 395X9>280X14>200X21. A 5lb. increase on the heavy set. This is when I decided to change things up.
DB Pullovers--40X12, 60X10, 120X11>80X12>60X14. I executed these with my legs on a more parallel level than what I do for back width. These were more like breathing pullovers that the old school guys did for lower pecs and rib-cage expansion.
One-Arm Cable Crossovers--30X15, 60X15, 60X13. Straight sets here. Intense contractions and squeezing the pecs at the end of the movement. Laser-like focus and concentration. I really "thought" about my pecs doing all the work.

TRICEPS--2-Hand Behind Head DB Extensions--30X12, 60X10, 110X12>80X14>60X16. Wow.....what a freakin' pump!!:eek:mfg: It was difficult to even flex them after this triple drop.
Reverse-Grip Pushdowns--50X12, 80X10, 160X11>110X12>80X14. I really like this exercise. The contractions are so spot-on that I can feel the triceps heads cramping up on these.
Brutal.....but I love pain!!! :firedevil:
One-Arm Behind Head DB Extensions--20X12, 50X13, 50X12. Just to finish 'em off!!

This is where the mental gears starting turning. I know what changes to make in my routine for the next couple of months to up the intensity even more.
The routine I've been doing for the last 10 weeks is like marathon racing. The workouts have been more geared towards endurance and stamina. The slow-twitch red fibers have been activated.
The changes I'll make will be more like all-out wind sprints!! Time for the fast-twitch white fibers to be recruited. Much more accustomed to my explosive nature!!:rocketwhore:
It's gonna git stoopid up in heeyah!!!:Eyecrazy::stupid:
More on that later.....

FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT MY WARRIOR BROTHERS!!!!:duel:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alhk62Cihfo"]YouTube- Soil - The Lesser Man[/nomedia]

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
love the tricep work. You did my favs!! In the middle of my Kleen blast right now, and hoping to get the recomp that you did. So far so good!!!
Great lift my warrior brother

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
love the tricep work. You did my favs!! In the middle of my Kleen blast right now, and hoping to get the recomp that you did. So far so good!!!
Great lift my warrior brother
Thanks bro. I'm sure you'll do great with that routine. It's right up your intense alley. It will literally strip the bodyfat off of you. I've kept my cardio low during this time because the workouts were taking like 90 minutes or longer.

It was refreshing this morning to blast through a 50 minute Blitz-Krieg!! :rocketwhore:

I'm thinking of doing:
Chest and Triceps on Tuesdays.
Shoulders, Legs, and Calves on Fridays.
Back, Biceps, and Forearms on Sundays.

I'm considering tossing in some DC style rest-pause sets. And maybe a double drop set after the rest-pause sets. Probably gonna do 2 compounds and 1 isolation for bigger bodyparts and 1 compound and 2 isolations for smaller muscle groups.

After tonight, I'm off work for the next 2 nights so I'll have some time to plan everything out like I want it. :thumbsup:

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
looks intense!!! you'll swell up HUGE on that and the sick stack you're on!!!

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I think those "power hooks" are uber gay. Functional strength man, if you can't get the weights in position - you shouldn't be f*ckin' with them in the first place.

Plus, in the rack, you can't pull those weights anywhere near your chest at an appropriate width.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice, 120 pullovers for 11 is solid stuff. How goes the vascularity department? Are your forearms interchangeable with Lee Priest yet? :thumbsup:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work, going back to the split your body should really respond well to the switch and your strength should shoot through the roof after that last program improved work capacity. Can't wait to see what you with this.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice, 120 pullovers for 11 is solid stuff. How goes the vascularity department? Are your forearms interchangeable with Lee Priest yet? :thumbsup:
Vascularity is vastly increasing as this cycle progresses. I've been on the D-Plex for over 2 weeks now and it's starting to show its influence on body composition, fat reduction, and it's promoting the leaning/hardending effects.

Veins are bulging everywhere. Like I mentioned before, not just the usual places like forearms or the biceps rope, but in the delts. upper pecs, and traps. When I sit in a chair for a while the blood pools into my thighs and I can see and feel the big vein that runs down the inner thighs. I can see veins in my calves also.

Needless to say, I'm way ecstatic over these progressions. It's helping me to maintain the low carbs and strict diet. No way I'm gonna cheat on my diet and ruin this progress!! :nono:

As for the Priest/forearm reference, I've been working my forearms hard.........if you know what I mean!!:naughty::lol:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think those "power hooks" are uber gay. Functional strength man, if you can't get the weights in position - you shouldn't be f*ckin' with them in the first place.

Plus, in the rack, you can't pull those weights anywhere near your chest at an appropriate width.
When you get over 120+lbs. on each DB let me know if you still feel this way. It's a whole different feel than 100lb. DB's. I can clean those up without even using my legs to kick them up into place. But last week when I grabbed those 125's, it was a humungous effort just to leg-kick them up into place.
You see the pro's in the videos having people to hand them the DB's. I don't have that luxury seeing as how I workout alone.

And I won't be using a rack. I'll be using my Olympic Bench with the uprights raised as high as they will go. The hooks will be placed on my Olympic Barbell spaced out wide. :thumbsup:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like things are going very well man! Have you ever posted your wheels? I just realized I have no recollection of ever seeing those bad boys.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds like things are going very well man! Have you ever posted your wheels? I just realized I have no recollection of ever seeing those bad boys.
No, I don't think I have now that you mention it. I may take some more pics after PCT. I hate having to shave my whole body. And then I gotta put on that fake tan shit!!! :laugh:

The wheels are not huge. I'm 6'3 and closer to 6'4. My quads are like Arnold's. Long and lean. Like a horse!!! Strong.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, I don't think I have now that you mention it. I may take some more pics after PCT. I hate having to shave my whole body. And then I gotta put on that fake tan shit!!! :laugh:

The wheels are not huge. I'm 6'3 and closer to 6'4. My quads are like Arnold's. Long and lean. Like a horse!!! Strong.
lol bro you dont have to tan or shave to show us your wheels. Unless you look like Robin Williams then by all means rid that Manbear hair.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When you get over 120+lbs. on each DB let me know if you still feel this way. It's a whole different feel than 100lb. DB's. I can clean those up without even using my legs to kick them up into place. But last week when I grabbed those 125's, it was a humungous effort just to leg-kick them up into place.
You see the pro's in the videos having people to hand them the DB's. I don't have that luxury seeing as how I workout alone.

And I won't be using a rack. I'll be using my Olympic Bench with the uprights raised as high as they will go. The hooks will be placed on my Olympic Barbell spaced out wide. :thumbsup:
I have to agree with Thunder on this, especially when doing incline press. I would rather use something like that and be safe then doing it free hand and risk injury. On db bench I don't see much of a point to them unless you don't have a spotter but even with 100s on that I can still manage to get them up on my own. Granted, its been a while but I know that is coming VERY soon again.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have to agree with Thunder on this, especially when doing incline press. I would rather use something like that and be safe then doing it free hand and risk injury. On db bench I don't see much of a point to them unless you don't have a spotter but even with 100s on that I can still manage to get them up on my own. Granted, its been a while but I know that is coming VERY soon again.
Totally. I can get the DB's into place for flat presses easy enough. No matter how heavy. It's just a matter of laying back with them really. But inclines are a different matter altogether.
I'm thinking that the hooks will come in handy for DB shoulder presses also. There was a youtube video showing them used that way too. But alas, it was another weakling in the video getting all psyched up for some 50 pounders!! :laugh:

EDIT: No, it's the SAME fukkin' weakling!! And they're 20kg. so that's only 44lbs. And he still can't seem to do full ROM with these either!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AR3Bo0vl4w"]YouTube- Dumbbell Power Hooks For Free Weight Training Demo 2 - D/B Shoulder Press[/ame]

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
lulz were had :lol:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
HaHa! Too funny! Each rep got shorter than the next at least he started with a whole rep or two on this one. He seem like he is somewhere between an incline bench and a shoulder press, I wonder if that is intentional or stupidity?

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
HaHa! Too funny! Each rep got shorter than the next at least he started with a whole rep or two on this one. He seem like he is somewhere between an incline bench and a shoulder press, I wonder if that is intentional or stupidity?
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say stupidity. ha ha

Those videos are good for a laugh anyway. I can't belive that he is so impressed with himself that he would post those vids on youtube for the whole world to see!! :silly:

It's gonna be hilarious if he's a member of AM and he suddenly comes forward and threatens to kick ALL of our asses!!! LMFAO

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Tune in, don't miss it! Next up 4 inch leg presses with 315!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really don't think Timber would appreciate you guys laughing at his vids :nono:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I really don't think Timber would appreciate you guys laughing at his vids :nono:
Oh Snap-a-rooney!! :whip:

No you didn't. You didn't say that. Tell me you just didn't say that!! :toofunny:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thank I just ded! :drive:

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
can't wait to see the reply!!!! LOL

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Vascularity is vastly increasing as this cycle progresses. I've been on the D-Plex for over 2 weeks now and it's starting to show its influence on body composition, fat reduction, and it's promoting the leaning/hardending effects.

Veins are bulging everywhere. Like I mentioned before, not just the usual places like forearms or the biceps rope, but in the delts. upper pecs, and traps. When I sit in a chair for a while the blood pools into my thighs and I can see and feel the big vein that runs down the inner thighs. I can see veins in my calves also.

Needless to say, I'm way ecstatic over these progressions. It's helping me to maintain the low carbs and strict diet. No way I'm gonna cheat on my diet and ruin this progress!! :nono:

As for the Priest/forearm reference, I've been working my forearms hard.........if you know what I mean!!:naughty::lol:
That's so awesome. I get amped out my brain when just my forearm and bi's veins come out. I had one visible baby vein along my left trap when I cut down to 189lbs and I was ecstatic, I'd go bonkers if I was experiencing your level of veinage.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's so awesome. I get amped out my brain when just my forearm and bi's veins come out. I had one visible baby vein along my left trap when I cut down to 189lbs and I was ecstatic, I'd go bonkers if I was experiencing your level of veinage.
Me and Snagency were talking about this recently. It's surprising to see that some guys can have a very low bodyfat level and still not be overly vascular. Like Tony Pearson from the old days and Flex Wheeler comes to mind. Very lean.....not many veins.
Then you see guys with more bodyfat and with veins bulging. Like some powerlifters and strongmen.
I'm one of the lucky ones who can be vascular without having to starve myself to see it!!

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established

Errr... yeeaaahh. I'm never going to use 120's.

I agree with the lifting thing - it does take up a lot of energy. My issue with that video is the awful ROM for one... but mainly because he couldn't improve the ROM because the rack was completely in the way.

I ain't mad at cha man..

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Me and Snagency were talking about this recently. It's surprising to see that some guys can have a very low bodyfat level and still not be overly vascular. Like Tony Pearson from the old days and Flex Wheeler comes to mind. Very lean.....not many veins.
Then you see guys with more bodyfat and with veins bulging. Like some powerlifters and strongmen.
I'm one of the lucky ones who can be vascular without having to starve myself to see it!!
Yeah, natural vein circumference and the thickness of your epidermis would dictate vein visibility (apart from the obvious conditioning factor). Sadly, I have the skin thickness of a pig, so I have to be sub 10% bf just to see decent biceps veins. I'm lame :suspect:

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Whatever, Metroba knows I saved his damn life... 6 months ago he was so concerned about seeing his Mc Luvin' hip bones and middle ribs... to make his c*ck look bigger.

1200 calories a day and then throwin half that sh*t up...

He was like a Kate Moss bodybuildin' cracka mothaf*cka...

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Regardless though... if I see any dumbass at the gym using *uberhooks" for dumbells, and they aren't Thunder's size. I WILL laugh a them.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Errr... yeeaaahh. I'm never going to use 120's.
I agree with the lifting thing - it does take up a lot of energy. My issue with that video is the awful ROM for one... but mainly because he couldn't improve the ROM because the rack was completely in the way.

I ain't mad at cha man..
Never say never Timbah!! :nono:

And I'm glad you're not mad at me. ha ha
I just didn't want you to think that I was "uber-gay". I'm really extremely hetero. :boobies::fing02:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whatever, Metroba knows I saved his damn life... 6 months ago he was so concerned about seeing his Mc Luvin' hip bones and middle ribs... to make his c*ck look bigger.

Yes I am very thankful Mr. Timber of Lakes :sly:...but I was defending you bro! Sheesh :28:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, natural vein circumference and the thickness of your epidermis would dictate vein visibility (apart from the obvious conditioning factor). Sadly, I have the skin thickness of a pig, so I have to be sub 10% bf just to see decent biceps veins. I'm lame :suspect:
I know that when people were heavy at one time their major vein and arteries end up larger and when the lose the weight have stupid vascularity. The more tissue higher demand for blood and volume. Fat has miles and miles of capilaries so I think that has some factor in it too. Need a bigger river to feed the tributaries...

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Never say never Timbah!! :nono:

And I'm glad you're not mad at me. ha ha
I just didn't want you to think that I was "uber-gay". I'm really extremely hetero. :boobies::fing02:
Seriously dude... I will never use 120's. I'm in theory I could, but I think I've come to terms with being 190lbs. I like it here.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Regardless though... if I see any dumbass at the gym using *uberhooks" for dumbells, and they aren't Thunder's size. I WILL laugh a them.
Go for it!! ha ha

That dude in those videos is fukkin' hilarious. Making all that to-do about nothing. Psyching up like he's gonna lift 800lbs. or some shit!! Then he proceeds to execute 8 very lame partial reps with 44lb. DB's.
UNREAL!!!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Yes I am very thankful Mr. Timber of Lakes :sly:...but I was defending you bro! Sheesh :28:
Somebody pass the milk. Because Timber just went Snap-Crackle-Pop!!!:smite:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seriously dude... I will never use 120's. I'm in theory I could, but I think I've come to terms with being 190lbs. I like it here.
Walking the 120's from the rack to the bench then holding them in position is like worth 5 reps right there.

I think I've come to terms that I'll never be uber lean, just respectfully lean, so my aim has been strength & size for awhile now, as oppose to contour and muscularity.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just another fugging exercise to take up the squat rack (yes rage)

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just another fugging exercise to take up the squat rack (yes rage)
Fo rizzle.
People use the power rack for the craziest things. Fukkin curls.....come on man. They can't pick a 80lb. barbell off the floor??!! That shit would make me go total ballistic!! :rocketwhore:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Walking the 120's from the rack to the bench then holding them in position is like worth 5 reps right there.
That's a lot of work in and of itself. You and I know.
I'm not so sure they're going to make that much of a difference. If I can just garner an extra rep or 2, I'll be happy. But 5 extra reps would be orgasmic!!!:hump:

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
agreed. I hate doing over 100's DB on any exercise alone. Not that I can't get them into position, I just want the energy to go to the exercise, not the positioning!!