The New Product Release Thread

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Scivation will release a joint product start of the new year that may be worth looking into as well.
I got to beta-test it last year, do not know the profile yet. But it was pretty remarkable how fast in 4 weeks my left elbow joint went from not being able to grip a bar to squat (severe pain) to repping 315 with 0 pain.

Hopefully more info will be spilled soon as well as new xtend flavors + the new Xtend study that is being done at a university in North Carolina.

I agree, it worked great for me as well. So far Joint Support XT seems to be kicking in a bit faster, though.

I'm interested to see Mike's formula, though.

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Animal whey has been killing it thats sounds good. I really like the Chocolate Chocolate chip

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I tried their Chocolate Chocolate Chip and was really dissapointed. Just tasted like an average chocolate protein powder.
100% agreed... wasted purchase.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
100% agreed... wasted purchase.
Animal Whey CnC is pretty good though. I would never buy a tub, but I throw in some Animal sample tubs in orders here and there.

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
we're looking to release some more protein flavors on top of our newest releases Red Velvet Cake and Blueberry Muffin, bring back Dymethazine, Protodrol, and Bold200(with Hi-Tech patented compounds + Cyclosome technology), and more :) 2016 gonna be a big year for us!
Very interesting definitely looking forward to that!

LLN

LLN

Awards
  • Established
we're looking to release some more protein flavors on top of our newest releases Red Velvet Cake and Blueberry Muffin, bring back Dymethazine, Protodrol, and Bold200(with Hi-Tech patented compounds + Cyclosome technology), and more :) 2016 gonna be a big year for us!
Let's get a thicker protein blend like Select going boss. If I had that thick consistency + iForce flavoring, it'd be a staple.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Let's get a thicker protein blend like Select going boss. If I had that thick consistency + iForce flavoring, it'd be a staple.
our newer flavors are all much thicker. 1 scoop/6oz has a nice thick consistency. what is the last flavor you're tried of ours?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Then add more ice cubes to a shake or mix in yogurt = Thicker
Old RVC + 6oz greek yogurt = Pure heaven.

LLN

LLN

Awards
  • Established
our newer flavors are all much thicker. 1 scoop/6oz has a nice thick consistency. what is the last flavor you're tried of ours?
The last I had were a couple of tubs of the OG Protean (RVC and VMS) that I tracked down and this was a bit thicker, but in the past year I've also had a tub of BSMOC. Great for proats, but when I make a smoothie or sludge no amount of gums can do what a hefty dose of casein can in terms consistency.

Then add more ice cubes to a shake or mix in yogurt = Thicker
Old RVC + 6oz greek yogurt = Pure heaven.
Incorrect. The addition of more ice cubes to a whey based shake results in an icy not creamy consistency, where the crushed ice cubes are floating in a watery liquid as opposed to mixed into a creamy fluff. I make smoothies every day partna. Trust and believe.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The last I had were a couple of tubs of the OG Protean (RVC and VMS) that I tracked down and this was a bit thicker, but in the past year I've also had a tub of BSMOC. Great for proats, but when I make a smoothie or sludge no amount of gums can do what a hefty dose of casein can in terms consistency.

Incorrect. The addition of more ice cubes to a whey based shake results in an icy not creamy consistency, where the crushed ice cubes are floating in a watery liquid as opposed to mixed into a creamy fluff. I make smoothies every day partna. Trust and believe.
ah ok, yes our newer flavors like Chocolate Covered Pretzel, RVC, and BBM are all thicker.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Never had a problem mixing a thick shake in my blender bullet with 4-5 ice cubes and 6oz almond milk + 1 scoop whey
Works like a charm every time.

Highly suggest you go the yogurt route
Top with fresh strawberries = Amazing.

LLN

LLN

Awards
  • Established
ah ok, yes our newer flavors like Chocolate Covered Pretzel, RVC, and BBM are all thicker.
My mailbox is very welcoming of samples, capt'n.

Never had a problem mixing a thick shake in my blender bullet with 4-5 ice cubes and 6oz almond milk + 1 scoop whey
Works like a charm every time.

Highly suggest you go the yogurt route
Top with fresh strawberries = Amazing.
I can believe that this works in a blender bullet, but my "smoothies" fill up 72 oz ninja and at that scale ice and yogurt have both let me down; strained yogurt is a nice partial solution though with the greater casein/lower liquid contribution.

Whey results in icy mush, casein rich blends result in 72 oz of protein ice cream that you can eat with a spoon...and mix things like cereal into for epicness.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My mailbox is very welcoming of samples, capt'n.

I can believe that this works in a blender bullet, but my "smoothies" fill up 72 oz ninja and at that scale ice and yogurt have both let me down; strained yogurt is a nice partial solution though with the greater casein/lower liquid contribution.
I would never use 72 oz of liquid to make a shake. Just my preference
Buy greek yogurt. Very thick and makes a nice pudding with whey. do it everyday with no problems.
Never had a problem with 6-8oz water/milk and a few ice cubes + Whey. Works everytime.

LLN

LLN

Awards
  • Established
I would never use 72 oz of liquid to make a shake. Just my preference
Buy greek yogurt. Very thick and makes a nice pudding with whey. do it everyday with no problems.
Never had a problem with 6-8oz water/milk and a few ice cubes + Whey. Works everytime.
72 oz full blender of final product: 500 grams of frozen fruit, 50 grams of protein powder, 480 ml of liquid of choice + mix- ins. Volume, flavor, macros. On point.

2% Fa/ge everyday for lunch brah, aware.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established

72 oz full blender of final product: 500 grams of frozen fruit, 50 grams of protein powder, 480 ml of liquid of choice + mix- ins. Volume, flavor, macros. On point.

2% Fa/ge everyday for lunch brah, aware.
THIS MAN KNOWS HIS SMOOTHIES! I now officially declare this thread "Smoothie Wars: First Blood". Proceed as such.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried adding a pinch of xanthan gum? I buy Bob's Red Mill. Thickens my shakes nicely and a bag will last you about a year. Just be careful not to use too much, or it will become, well, gummy. Seriously, I use 1/8 teaspoon max, usually a bit less. That's with 1 scoop Select, 25oz water, and a bunch of ice cubes. If you use less water, I'd use even less XG.

cubs1987

cubs1987

Awards
  • Established
was tooling around on phw and saw another primeval pre-release.

from before- label still a mystery:

Bumping these. I am guessing RKT-GH is Rikkunsh!to. Based upon the below

Just saw this drop on another site as I was looking around.

cubs1987

cubs1987

Awards
  • Established
From PA's blog on Rikkunsh!to "Two chemical constituents of Rikkunsh!to proposed to be responsible for these effects are Hesperidin and Atractylodin. Hesperidin is thought to increase Ghrelin secretion via antagonizing a subtype serotonin receptor known as the 5-HT2b/2c receptor. Atractylodin is believed to sensitize the ghrelin receptor, thereby amplifying the physiological effects of the increased ghrelin secreted into the bloodstream."

Intradesting

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
From PA's blog on Rikkunsh!to "Two chemical constituents of Rikkunsh!to proposed to be responsible for these effects are Hesperidin and Atractylodin. Hesperidin is thought to increase Ghrelin secretion via antagonizing a subtype serotonin receptor known as the 5-HT2b/2c receptor. Atractylodin is believed to sensitize the ghrelin receptor, thereby amplifying the physiological effects of the increased ghrelin secreted into the bloodstream."

Intradesting
I have been talking to one of the guys who ran a study on rikkun****o and its actually VERY interesting.
The best rikkun****o is Tsumura CO rikkun****o. Its prescription drug in Japan actually.
It will make your appetite go thru then roof.

Used for :
Persons with weak digestion, no appetite, (anorexia)fullness and epigastric distress, lack of stamina, anemia, cold hands and feet, gastritis, gastric catarrh, indigestion, stomachache, and vomiting.

In the original rikkun****o its 8 ingredients.
And one of the sides can be low potassium ..
Rikkun****o contains Glycyrrhiza, which is a plant (used agains stomach problems, one of the benefits of Rikkun****o).
Side effects of this plant are - if you are overdosing (using more than 50g per day) over four weeks - a possible differentiation of the electrolyte-concentration in the body and a "Hypokaliämie" (too low level on potassium, which is caused by the flavonides) or a "Hypernatriumämie" (too much sodium/natrium which can cause water retention and high blood pressure).

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have been talking to one of the guys who ran a study on rikkun****o and its actually VERY interesting.
The best rikkun****o is Tsumura CO rikkun****o. Its prescription drug in Japan actually.

Used for :
Persons with weak digestion, no appetite, (anorexia)fullness and epigastric distress, lack of stamina, anemia, cold hands and feet, gastritis, gastric catarrh, indigestion, stomachache, and vomiting.

Rikkun****o contains Glycyrrhiza, which is a plant (used agains stomach problems, one of the benefits of Rikkun****o).
Side effects of this plant are - if you are overdosing (using more than 50g per day) over four weeks - a possible differentiation of the electrolyte-concentration in the body and a "Hypokaliämie" (too low level on potassium, which is caused by the flavonides) or a "Hypernatriumämie" (too much sodium/natrium which can cause water retention and high blood pressure).
as usual...GOOD INFO!!!!

LLN

LLN

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried adding a pinch of xanthan gum? I buy Bob's Red Mill. Thickens my shakes nicely and a bag will last you about a year. Just be careful not to use too much, or it will become, well, gummy. Seriously, I use 1/8 teaspoon max, usually a bit less. That's with 1 scoop Select, 25oz water, and a bunch of ice cubes. If you use less water, I'd use even less XG.
Yessir, gums help but aren't as good as casein for binding and cosistency imo.

If anyone wants to argue about smoothies, I'll be waiting in the parking lot.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yessir, gums help but aren't as good as casein for binding and cosistency imo.

If anyone wants to argue about smoothies, I'll be waiting in the parking lot.
the thickest protein mix of all time has got to be those darned old school metrx pouches......1st blood, lol.

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
prime evil osta is wicked using it right now. so i would be down to try give epi-gh or rhanderol a shot

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
prime evil osta is wicked using it right now. so i would be down to try give epi-gh or rhanderol a shot
Would be fun to see a company making natural GHRP with Rikkunshlto and Chin-shin oolong tea (standarized high % of teaghrelin-1 which has similar effect as GHRP6).

I will try original Japanese prescription Rikkunshlto in january and will let you guys know how it did work for GH/IGF1 increase

CJNator

Awards

Used for :

So in order to combat the side effects, a potassium supplement would be needed(including watch sodium and carbs)?

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So in order to combat the side effects, a potassium supplement would be needed(including watch sodium and carbs)?
Not at normal doses but we react differently. In Japan , doctor do check potassium levels in patients using Rikkunshlto :)

CJNator

Awards
Not at normal doses but we react differently. In Japan , doctor do check potassium levels in patients using Rikkunshlto :)
That's true, I will definitely be trying this out in the future once i do some research.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Animal Whey CnC is pretty good though. I would never buy a tub, but I throw in some Animal sample tubs in orders here and there.
I had CnC, Vanilla, and Chocolate. The Chocolate was your average chocolate and the CnC was just like an average vanilla. I did enjoy the vanilla flavor though, just like frosting.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bumping these. I am guessing RKT-GH is Rikkunsh!to. Based upon the below

Just saw this drop on another site as I was looking around.

Very cool. I hadn't heard of the first two yet. Very interesting.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I had CnC, Vanilla, and Chocolate. The Chocolate was your average chocolate and the CnC was just like an average vanilla. I did enjoy the vanilla flavor though, just like frosting.
The CnC pieces are nice
Very creamy consistency

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Peanut Butter Cookie Isolate coming in December

new Flavors of Missions 1 Bars in the works

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
for sure. If i had my choice, i'd use a product that had my favorite actives + natural flavoring and no artificial dyes/flavoring...but they don't taste/look as good, so they don't sell as well unfortunately
Sucks that is what the mass market wants. Reason why AminoIV was changed as well. Gotta satisfy the neon spandex wearing bros I guess

CnC is hit and miss. If you use even too much milk then yeah it tastes like vanilla you are correct. Chocolate was ok, they used the same cookie bits from CnC instead of chips though, so that ruined it for me. Their Cinnamon Roll was trash. I heard Bday cake was also disappointing.

I'll prob buy a 4 serving sample of Mint, but like I said I won't ever buy a full tub. I'm a blend guy anyways. #Select

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sucks that is what the mass market wants. Reason why AminoIV was changed as well. Gotta satisfy the neon spandex wearing bros I guess

CnC is hit and miss. If you use even too much milk then yeah it tastes like vanilla you are correct. Chocolate was ok, they used the same cookie bits from CnC instead of chips though, so that ruined it for me. Their Cinnamon Roll was trash. I heard Bday cake was also disappointing.

I'll prob buy a 4 serving sample of Mint, but like I said I won't ever buy a full tub. I'm a blend guy anyways. #Select
I don't use milk. I don;t drink shakes. Plain fat free greek yogurt is how I base my flavor ratings. Cookies and cream is just a meh flavor for me with protein and just in general.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't use milk. I don;t drink shakes. Plain fat free greek yogurt is how I base my flavor ratings. Cookies and cream is just a meh flavor for me with protein and just in general.
Same here. I am to picky. Dont like to sweet, to thick ++++. So thats why dont drink any protein shakes lol. I havent found any protein which I could say "wow this is something I could drink everyday"

LLN

LLN

Awards
  • Established
Disagree peeps. Have had Animal Choc, Vanilla, C&C, BDay, and Frosted Cinn Bun. They are all solid and Frosted Cinn Bun became a staple for me. Very good.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Ok now I understand how you came to that conclusion. The powder doesn't seem like it would do well in yogurt, but I have only tried it in milk. I'm also a huge CnC fan it is easily my favorite flavour.

Same here. I am to picky. Dont like to sweet, to thick ++++. So thats why dont drink any protein shakes lol. I havent found any protein which I could say "wow this is something I could drink everyday"
hahah man sucks to be you. I'm easy to please.

Disagree peeps. Have had Animal Choc, Vanilla, C&C, BDay, and Frosted Cinn Bun. They are all solid and Frosted Cinn Bun became a staple for me. Very good.
Ewwwww you liked Cinnamon Bun? Hahah I hate the taste of straight whey and Animal tastes very "wheyish" so that's why I'm not a huge fan. How did you like the Bday? People have said it was just extra sweet Vanilla.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
stay on the lookout for a nice upcoming OL release that can be used pre, intra and post workout ;)

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ah, that makes sense. Forgot they were releasing that!
I'm not a rep, but that's exactly what it sounds like

I'm just glad I won't have to force down any more soy lecithin granules. Think I'd rather run naked backwards through a corn field at this point.