Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
How long before seeing results?
will vary on your overall diet, and how consistent your training and cardio is.
IF isnt magical, its a lifestyle. If it suits your schedule by all means, if you like to eat more often then do what suits you. For some people it works great based off their schedule and how they set up their window and meals to accustom their training.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
will vary on your overall diet, and how consistent your training and cardio is.
IF isnt magical, its a lifestyle. If it suits your schedule by all means, if you like to eat more often then do what suits you. For some people it works great based off their schedule and how they set up their window and meals to accustom their training.
Indeed, it's a diet / lifestyle just like any other. It gives you more freedom to do some things and less freedom for others, but it comes down to what works best for you. Personally, I enjoy working out real hard and then devouring a triple baconator com Wendy's as a late lunch. Or eating chocolate as soon as my workout is done. Or not having to worry about cooking breakfast. etc

It's all about what will fulfill you the best as an individual. Once I break fast I'm a hungry hungry hippo, whether it be at 8am or in the afternoon, so I enjoy the afternoon which leads me to be able to eat 2 big meals and a few snacks rather than 6 small meals that would be hard to fit my macros / calories in.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I gave lean gains a try a while back but my schedule wasn't very conducive to it. With my new work schedule it would be much easier and something I plan t employ once I am done competing and move into a more regular lifestyle. Mean while, just soaking it up in here.
Yeah it has to fit your schedule. Did you know that Martin actually takes on clients for contest prep now? So there is a specific prep method designed for competing. I would so love to learn it but he charges a lot of money just for his layouts of how to cut much less a competition prep. I think when I checked it was $450 for either cutting or bulking, or $1000 for both plans. That was just for all of the info and not him doing it for you. So I am sure him actually coaching your prep would be way more.

So many people say IF can't be good for bulking, and I imagine when you get up around 6000+ calories it can be really hard to get all calories into the 8 hour window. However for most people hitting 4000-5000 is easily doable in a bulk. Just eating more nutrient dense foods. I am just really curious, I would love to see what someone he preps can do with IF.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Lots of awesome info here!

Maybe someone could help me out? I'm a little confused about the "feeding window." If I train in the morning (6am) can I eat at 8 and have my window open till 3pm?

Also, if the post workout meal should be 50-60% of your total calories for the day, it amounts to 1800 calories for me. Is this the proper protocol?

I'm also on a bulk, but have realized that I'm gaining a little too much around the gut area, so if I do -20/30 split, will I still gain muscle?

Thanks

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes to all your questions. 8a-3p is fine. Martin likes it set up with the fast in the morning bc of the hormonal environment upon waking but by no means is it necessary. Yes if 50-60% amounts to 1800 cals then eat it. And yes as long as you're in a weekly surplus you will gain.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Maybe someone could help me out? I'm a little confused about the "feeding window." If I train in the morning (6am) can I eat at 8 and have my window open till 3pm?

Thats fine, make sure you take 10g of BCAA prior to training if fasted

Also, if the post workout meal should be 50-60% of your total calories for the day, it amounts to 1800 calories for me. Is this the proper protocol?

Does not have to be 50-60% you can put more kcals in the other meals. Personal preference

I'm also on a bulk, but have realized that I'm gaining a little too much around the gut area, so if I do -20/30 split, will I still gain muscle?

You gain muscle from a caloric surplus, you will gain fat regradless, adjust your overall caloric intake, you dont need to cycle kcals..
Thanks
Bold

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
How necessary are the BCAAs?

I've trained completely fasted for quite a while and haven't seen much issues on the strength department; any particular reason? Muscle breakdown I would think should be fine with the post workout meal, no?

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established

Thats fine, make sure you take 10g of BCAA prior to training if fasted

Does not have to be 50-60% you can put more kcals in the other meals. Personal preference

You gain muscle from a caloric surplus, you will gain fat regradless, adjust your overall caloric intake, you dont need to cycle kcals..
Thanks
Thanks, Solution! I'm going to try this out for the next few weeks and see how by body adjusts. I did IF during my erase/daa run but was in a constant caloric deficit. Now that I'm bulking it's a way different story.

What do you mean by cycling cals, though? I don't need to be in a caloric deficit on my off days? I thought that's what aids the fat loss process...

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks, Solution! I'm going to try this out for the next few weeks and see how by body adjusts. I did IF during my erase/daa run but was in a constant caloric deficit. Now that I'm bulking it's a way different story.

What do you mean by cycling cals, though? I don't need to be in a caloric deficit on my off days? I thought that's what aids the fat loss process...
You cant aid in fatloss when your in a caloric surplus for the week, thats impossible. You burn fat from a daily caloric deficit or a weekly deficit
again swining kcals on a day to day basis provides nothing but a change in overall intake. Think big picture here.
If you are still 500 kcals over your maintaince at the end of the week your not going to lose fat per say, sure you may recomp a touch, but your not going to lose fat and lose weight if you are somewhat in a surplus.

So you could keep kcals the same everyday , and guess what if your in a deficit/surplus by the end of the 7 day week it will reflect as your goal. Changing kcals is not magical, its just a personal preference.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You cant aid in fatloss when your in a caloric surplus for the week, thats impossible. You burn fat from a daily caloric deficit or a weekly deficit again swining kcals on a day to day basis provides nothing but a change in overall intake. Think big picture here. If you are still 500 kcals over your maintaince at the end of the week your not going to lose fat per say, sure you may recomp a touch, but your not going to lose fat and lose weight if you are somewhat in a surplus. So you could keep kcals the same everyday , and guess what if your in a deficit/surplus by the end of the 7 day week it will reflect as your goal. Changing kcals is not magical, its just a personal preference.
Sure it's possible....just add 500mg of tren :lol:

gkusa001

gkusa001

Awards
Nothing, you can not compare it to anything on market currently. Its the best GDA that I have ever used.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Is there any room for a GDA on a Carb Backloading regime?

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is there any room for a GDA on a Carb Backloading regime?
Mrkleen73s response to essentially the same exact question a couple pgs back:

"GDA's are awesome but just don't apply well to Carb Back Loading since it negates the reason why no fat is stored even from fatty sugary sources. That reason being that you are less insulin sensitive in the evening. Working out makes the muscles hungry without increasing insulin sensitivity in the fat cells."

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Mrkleen73s response to essentially the same exact question a couple pgs back:

"GDA's are awesome but just don't apply well to Carb Back Loading since it negates the reason why no fat is stored even from fatty sugary sources. That reason being that you are less insulin sensitive in the evening. Working out makes the muscles hungry without increasing insulin sensitivity in the fat cells."
Missed that one; appreciate it.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No problem man

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Just to get some discussion. What types of training programs are you guys running?

Currently my training is done by Inov8 Elite Performance, hitting back 2x a week right now, Shoulders/Arms, Legs, and 1 Push workout (5x a week workout)

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just to get some discussion. What types of training programs are you guys running? Currently my training is done by Inov8 Elite Performance, hitting back 2x a week right now, Shoulders/Arms, Legs, and 1 Push workout (5x a week workout)
Well i have team workouts with my baseball team 3x a week. I really am not a fan whatsoever of the programming and try to throw in one more squat/back session another day bc i feel our program really neglects back training (more so scapular retraction than anything).

But when this gets done ill go back to my legs 2x a week 5/3/1 w/ dave tate accessory template. Cant wait.

gkusa001

gkusa001

Awards
What ones have you tried?

SSV2
Anabolic Pump
Burn 24?

Glycophase, Burn 24, Ssv2, slintensity, Man N Force, purus slinshot, recompadrol, trying AAv2 now

I would like to try needtoslin but its so expensive, and I would also try AP but I have heard GI problems occur if u don't dosee it right which is what is, keeping me from giving it a trial

How do u dose AP?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Glycophase, Burn 24, Ssv2, slintensity, Man N Force, purus slinshot, recompadrol, trying AAv2 now

I would like to try needtoslin but its so expensive, and I would also try AP but I have heard GI problems occur if u don't dosee it right which is what is, keeping me from giving it a trial

How do u dose AP?
20-30 min before a meal
never had 1 probelm with it or any GI problems and have been through at least 8-10 bottles.

JConWRX

JConWRX

Awards
Hi all,
Has anyone modified their macros based on what body part they are training or is it better to follow a more consistent macro ratio during the entire week? for example; If I were to follow 70g Fat/185g P/260 Carbs for push/pull days (Tues/Thurs) and then switch it up to much higher carbs on leg day (Sat) for something like 45g Fat/125g Pro/375 Carbs. Would changing it up make sense while trying to cut or is it even relevant since my weekly calories are still in a defecit. the reason I ask is over the past 4-5 weeks my bench and squats have declined steadily. Just trying to think of ways I can keep burning fat without sacrificing more strength.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hi all,
Has anyone modified their macros based on what body part they are training or is it better to follow a more consistent macro ratio during the entire week? .
Depends on Goal, if cutting and raising extra kcals on those lagging days it may be beneficial (as sort of small refeeds for the week) to help boost t3, leptin and hormone levels and aid in fatloss/weightloss while trying to preserve strength.

if you want to during a maintain/bulk you could but then again your going to be altering between WO days, those lagging bodypart days and NON workout days.

IMO keeping the kcals the same, or a slight variation (say drop 25/50g carbs on off days of training) would be easier to guage overall success/progress while keeping extra kcals in on those off days for overall recovery. Some people that swing kcals by a lot find that on off days they get tired real quick and really lethargic from the huge swings. The key thing is weekly balance to suit your goal kcal wise. Deficit or Surplus in the 7 day week to match your goal. Find what is optimal and works for you. Some people the day after those lower carb/off days From swining calories have a subpar training session. but again its hit or miss on the individual and what works for them.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi all, Has anyone modified their macros based on what body part they are training or is it better to follow a more consistent macro ratio during the entire week? for example; If I were to follow 70g Fat/185g P/260 Carbs for push/pull days (Tues/Thurs) and then switch it up to much higher carbs on leg day (Sat) for something like 45g Fat/125g Pro/375 Carbs. Would changing it up make sense while trying to cut or is it even relevant since my weekly calories are still in a defecit. the reason I ask is over the past 4-5 weeks my bench and squats have declined steadily. Just trying to think of ways I can keep burning fat without sacrificing more strength.
I don't do IF but yes this is possible, like solution said it can get difficult having a number of differen macro days.

I have higher carb days on shoulder days and they're responding well while still dropping bf

JConWRX

JConWRX

Awards
Depends on Goal, if cutting and raising extra kcals on those lagging days it may be beneficial (as sort of small refeeds for the week) to help boost t3, leptin and hormone levels and aid in fatloss/weightloss while trying to preserve strength.

if you want to during a maintain/bulk you could but then again your going to be altering between WO days, those lagging bodypart days and NON workout days.

IMO keeping the kcals the same, or a slight variation (say drop 25/50g carbs on off days of training) would be easier to guage overall success/progress while keeping extra kcals in on those off days for overall recovery. Some people that swing kcals by a lot find that on off days they get tired real quick and really lethargic from the huge swings. The key thing is weekly balance to suit your goal kcal wise. Deficit or Surplus in the 7 day week to match your goal. Find what is optimal and works for you. Some people the day after those lower carb/off days From swining calories have a subpar training session. but again its hit or miss on the individual and what works for them.
I have been cutting and would like to continue to do so until I'm around 12%BF before I start a slow bulk. And just so I'm reading this right, you're recommending less of a calorie swing from training days to off days? not necessarily to follow the (+10/-30)?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I have been cutting and would like to continue to do so until I'm around 12%BF before I start a slow bulk. And just so I'm reading this right, you're recommending less of a calorie swing from training days to off days? not necessarily to follow the (+10/-30)?
Correct and my reasoning was why was above. many people who swing kcals have a bad mood, lack of energy, and the next day when they train have subpar sessions. now is this true for everyone? not really. this is why the human body is a not a textbook and how different things work for different people. many who do follow IG/LG found that if you do increase kcals on off days and still maintain the weekly surplus/deficit they have better sessions and great recovery. is this true for all ? not really,

i would just encourage to see or try different thing to see what works best for you

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just to get some discussion. What types of training programs are you guys running?

Currently my training is done by Inov8 Elite Performance, hitting back 2x a week right now, Shoulders/Arms, Legs, and 1 Push workout (5x a week workout)
I was doing Mountain Dog Training for a while. Right now I am in between programs, will be doing my own full body program I put together a long while back. After that I may go back to MD for a bit until I do my show then will be switching over to something more well rounded for general fitness.

How do u dose AP?
Need2 is pretty good but not worth the money considering it is not any better than the others you mentioned. As far as the GI issues those come from the Berberine in the AP, it is also in Glycobol, and Recompadrol as well as a few others. It is unlikely that you will have GI issues if you don't get them from Recompadrol. Recompadrol has Berberine, and Cambogia Garcinia - both of which have been know to cause some people GI issues. So if you didn't get it from that I think you will be fine. By the way AP is my 2nd favorite GDA behind Recompadrol. It is basically P-Slin and Berberine.

Correct and my reasoning was why was above. many people who swing kcals have a bad mood, lack of energy, and the next day when they train have subpar sessions. now is this true for everyone? not really. this is why the human body is a not a textbook and how different things work for different people. many who do follow IG/LG found that if you do increase kcals on off days and still maintain the weekly surplus/deficit they have better sessions and great recovery. is this true for all ? not really,

i would just encourage to see or try different thing to see what works best for you
This is very personal, for me I feel better and have great workouts doing the caloric swing. Part of the reason I don't see the same performance issues that others do is that I often save about 100 g of carbs for my evening meal on off days. So when I wake up in the morning for fasted training I still have plenty glycogen in my muscle for a solid workout.

However if performance is your main goal I would try to at least keep your calories relatively consistent to ensure your body has the fuel to perform well at all times.

JConWRX

JConWRX

Awards
Thanks for all the feedback. I think I'm going to try and balance the carbs a bit more. As of right now I'm going from 280-300g on WOD to 50g on off days. Really hard not enjoy some fruit on off days. We will see if I can get some strength back on some lifts. I see all these success stories of people cutting up and getting stronger but I'm doing neither at the moment, kinda discouraging. we will see if a small tweak changes things up! Thanks again...

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
This is very personal, for me I feel better and have great workouts doing the caloric swing. Part of the reason I don't see the same performance issues that others do is that I often save about 100 g of carbs for my evening meal on off days. So when I wake up in the morning for fasted training I still have plenty glycogen in my muscle for a solid workout.

However if performance is your main goal I would try to at least keep your calories relatively consistent to ensure your body has the fuel to perform well at all times.
Exactly what i do if i do fasted morning training.

here;

http://www.reactivetrainingsystems.com/vforums/content.php?108-The-Biorhythm-Diet

-- By ingesting high-fat meals in the evening, you induce "metabolic inflexibility" – effectively disrupting metabolic rate and increasing fat storage, risk of obesity, elevated insulin levels and a reduction in insulin sensitivity.

-- By ingesting high-fat meals in the morning and afternoon, you increase metabolic flexibility – setting the metabolism for higher fat oxidation throughout the day. As LPL enzyme (splits up circulating fatty acids and makes them available for storage) is higher in muscle in the AM, fats are more likely to be burned off as energy or stored as lipid droplets within the muscle (IMTG).

-- By ingesting high-carb meals in the morning, the same “metabolic inflexibility” occurred, and the metabolism is fixed towards glucose oxidation instead of fat oxidation. This also increases fat storage from meals eaten during the day, and higher-fat meals eaten in the evening in particular.
-- By ingesting high-carb meals in the evening, you get a bump in the natural leptin signal (occurring 3-6hrs after going to sleep), essentially increasing fat burning through the night and the rest of the following day.

-- Insulin sensitivity is higher in all cells early in the day, including fat cells, but decreases towards the afternoon and evening, thus partitioning carbs ingested at this time more efficiently into muscle vs. fat. This is obviously further improved by training the muscle that day.

-- Eating carbs will increase the feel-good neurotransmitter serotonin and make you sleepy. What better time to have your carbs than a couple of hours before bedtime so you can fall into a deeper, higher-quality sleep

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Awesome stuff man. Thanks for posting.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Exactly what i do if i do fasted morning training. here; http://www.reactivetrainingsystems.com/vforums/content.php?108-The-Biorhythm-Diet

-- By ingesting high-fat meals in the evening, you induce "metabolic inflexibility" – effectively disrupting metabolic rate and increasing fat storage, risk of obesity, elevated insulin levels and a reduction in insulin sensitivity. -- By ingesting high-fat meals in the morning and afternoon, you increase metabolic flexibility – setting the metabolism for higher fat oxidation throughout the day. As LPL enzyme (splits up circulating fatty acids and makes them available for storage) is higher in muscle in the AM, fats are more likely to be burned off as energy or stored as lipid droplets within the muscle (IMTG). -- By ingesting high-carb meals in the morning, the same “metabolic inflexibility” occurred, and the metabolism is fixed towards glucose oxidation instead of fat oxidation. This also increases fat storage from meals eaten during the day, and higher-fat meals eaten in the evening in particular.

-- By ingesting high-carb meals in the evening, you get a bump in the natural leptin signal (occurring 3-6hrs after going to sleep), essentially increasing fat burning through the night and the rest of the following day. -- Insulin sensitivity is higher in all cells early in the day, including fat cells, but decreases towards the afternoon and evening, thus partitioning carbs ingested at this time more efficiently into muscle vs. fat. This is obviously further improved by training the muscle that day.

-- Eating carbs will increase the feel-good neurotransmitter serotonin and make you sleepy. What better time to have your carbs than a couple of hours before bedtime so you can fall into a deeper, higher-quality sleep
While I typically agree with everything above, I'd like to make a note.

I'm doing the complete opposite (carb/pro early & pro/fat late) and am sitting around 6% bf and getting leaner. I'd like to note I use GDA's (Recompadrol & AP) which DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

When I set up diet plans I usually follow what solution posted to begin with and make adjustments, just wanted to share my experience.

Furthering what's already mentioned, the body is not a text book.

I'll be training fasted 2maro and I'll have carbs/pro post workout. However, with my cheat meal scheduled for 2maro night (sushi) I'll be keeping carbs lower during the day (between 9am-6pm) for reasons solution posted.

Did I do a good job confusing you? Lol

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
While I typically agree with everything above, I'd like to make a note.

I'm doing the complete opposite (carb/pro early & pro/fat late) and am sitting around 6% bf and getting leaner. I'd like to note I use GDA's (Recompadrol & AP) which DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

When I set up diet plans I usually follow what solution posted to begin with and make adjustments, just wanted to share my experience.

Furthering what's already mentioned, the body is not a text book.

I'll be training fasted 2maro and I'll have carbs/pro post workout. However, with my cheat meal scheduled for 2maro night (sushi) I'll be keeping carbs lower during the day (between 9am-6pm) for reasons solution posted.

Did I do a good job confusing you? Lol
No, its just how you want to set things up.
Anyone can get to 5-6% eating carbs earlier in the day. The key factor is total kcals over a prolonged period of time (Caloric Deficit) that will get the individual to that lean of a state with their training+Cardio on top of that to aid fat burning/fat loss. You dont have to carb backload like the BR diet suggests, its just another way to manipulate your caloires or shift them to later in the night to get those benefits.

I can post pictures of many people who got to 5-6% doing it that way and also doing more carbs earlier in the day

personal preference in the end.

Did i do a good job of not confusing you :)

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, its just how you want to set things up. Anyone can get to 5-6% eating carbs earlier in the day.

The key factor is total kcals over a prolonged period of time (Caloric Deficit) that will get the individual to that lean of a state with their training+Cardio on top of that to aid fat burning/fat loss. You dont have to carb backload like the BR diet suggests, its just another way to manipulate your caloires or shift them to later in the night to get those benefits.

I can post pictures of many people who got to 5-6% doing it that way and also doing more carbs earlier in the day

personal preference in the end.

Did i do a good job of not confusing you :)
I wasn't referring to confusing you, the poster before that is who I was referencing. I knew you wouldn't be confused

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
This should be an easy one for the IF gurus. I train in the morning fasted, so if I have a protein shake after training is this breaking my fast? And if it is breaking my fast, should I just drink bcaa's until I break ny fast and have a protein shake then.

Thanks in advance.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
This should be an easy one for the IF gurus. I train in the morning fasted, so if I have a protein shake after training is this breaking my fast? And if it is breaking my fast, should I just drink bcaa's until I break ny fast and have a protein shake then.

Thanks in advance.

Yes protein shake breaks fast,
Aminos are technically calories, btu martin advocates 10g until you break the fast every 2 hours, be sure to caluclate the BCAA's into your total intake for the day
1g of BCAA =1g of protein.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established

Thanks in advance.
If you are working out, lifting and whatnot in the morning, I would highly suggest having a large meal right after and use that as the start for your feed window, as it is the time of the day you will be needing the most nutrients and it will be the time you are least likely to put on fat.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you are working out, lifting and whatnot in the morning, I would highly suggest having a large meal right after and use that as the start for your feed window, as it is the time of the day you will be needing the most nutrients and it will be the time you are least likely to put on fat.
Exactly what I do - the meal post-training is the largest and I can pretty much eat anything...Back eating re MY "Lean Gains" (I use the 16-hour fast/8-hour eating window only) way and have maintained my leanest and best aesthetic conditioning now for the last two weeks - really made the difference once I started training again...

~Rosie~

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rosie -you are looking PEEELED girl! ;)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie -you are looking PEEELED girl! ;)
Cheers, bud - this was after literally having for FORCE myself to eat because my appetite was just GONE (which is a good thing AND a bad thing), and I maintained 7.8% bodyfat for three weeks (now up to 8.1% bodyfat after 10 days of being "off" the 16-hour fast/8-hour eating window and a couple of days off training). So, know I can do it and with relative ease once training is on pointe and I am back in routine. Going to maintain this from now on (well, <8.3% bodyfat is the goal, since 7.8% might be asking a little much LOL).

~Rosie~

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Always impressive Rosie, you have always seemed to thrive with the 16\8 protocol. I have been gradually slipping back into it after a year concentrated on bulking and in all honesty didn't see much difference bulking on the full day feeding than with with IF and had far less appealing food choices. I haven't buckled down for the full on switch back over just yet.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Always impressive Rosie, you have always seemed to thrive with the 16\8 protocol. I have been gradually slipping back into it after a year concentrated on bulking and in all honesty didn't see much difference bulking on the full day feeding than with with IF and had far less appealing food choices. I haven't buckled down for the full on switch back over just yet.
Thanks, Chris :) I have YOU to thank for that adjustment to my nutrition! You'll do it - I know you will. Allowed another week "off" my 16/8 and definitely notice the difference in the way I feel, so today is back on track re that - and training, since going to be doing the Spartan Beast in Texas in a month!

~Rosie~

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What are most your guys work schedules like while doing IF?

I work 7:30a-4:30p and it seems impossible to do it the traditional way, unless I woke up at 5am to train and only ate during work hours....that just seems miserable.
My dude, carb back load.

But you can always have a small breakfast at like 12 to break fast like 800 cals n then train after work. And slam the rest of your food post training

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
My dude, carb back load.

But you can always have a small breakfast at like 12 to break fast like 800 cals n then train after work. And slam the rest of your food post training
That's what I would do. Or even have two smaller 400 kcals meals to fuel the workout.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My dude, carb back load.

This....

I work around 6-3/4 or 7-4 depends.
I have my lunch (Small P+F Meal) and carb backload after my workout in the afternoon and slam 350-400g of carbs in 2 meals.
If you train early all those carbs later at night will help fuel your morning workouts..

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bout much do u guys eat? I found this method good (LG) back when I was 150lbs and not very muscular. I eat too much now for this to be practical even the slightest bit.

3500 - 4000kcals in 8 hours isnt happenin for me. I need 12 hours minimum.