The best natty test booster hands down?

Camaro1

Awards
Interested in a natural test boost, stength and libido and sense of well being, mood elevation and good sleep

Any ideas?

Bourd9258

Awards
Core Nutritionals Core Alpha. It has testing behind it...blood testing before and after taking the product etc. It's also the only natural test boosting product that I noticed a significant difference.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interested in a natural test boost, stength and libido and sense of well being, mood elevation and good sleep

Any ideas?
Two great options are Performax AlphaMax XT and OL Test1fy. I have not used Test1fy before, but I have used AlphaMax XT and enjoy it.

AlphaMax XT contains a full dose of ashwagandha (300mg of 5% withanolide extract 2x daily). Ashwagandha is an adaptogen that has multiple studies showing it can improve body composition, endurance, performance, and cognition, as well as reduce cortisol, stress, and anxiety.

AlphaMax XT also contains a full dose of tongkat Ali, which can also help reduce cortisol, and is a nice libido booster that also has research showing it can improve mood. I find that the increase in libido from tongkat Ali goes very well with the stress/anxiety reduction from ashwagandha.

AlphaMax XT also contains a full, research supported dose of Forskolin, which has been shown to increase testosterone levels, as well as improve body composition.

Those are just a few of the ingredients, but those are some of the more well known and "proven" ingredients that fit the bill of what you're looking for.

All that said, a natty test booster isn't going to provide you the benefits of supraphysiological testosterone levels, but it can improve libido, mood, body composition, etc, just don't expect gains to the degree of "the real stuff" of course. Some benefits can also be independent of actually increasing testosterone, but can still be very useful.

Reactions: GNO

Metalhead56

Awards
There will never be a "hands down" on this question. So far I have used Alphamax XT and was very pleased with the results (Assertiveness, some strength gain, libido enhanced, sense of calm and I'm not a calm dude). Now I'm starting a cycle of Diesel Test Hardcore, and so far I haven't felt anything really but I've really only had one full week on it so far. I also tried Muscletech's Six Star (didn't do much) and AlphaTest (some nice results in terms of aggression and libido). It's not fair to put Diesel Test in the competition yet, so Alphamax XT is the best one I've done a full cycle of.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'd check out alphamax xt or viron by BLR.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Olympus Labs TEST1FY

olympus-labs-test1fy-ingredients.png

I was never been a big fan of test boosters...until I tried this one. I bought it when it first came out based on the fully-dosed and studied ingredients so my hopes were a little higher than usual, but I was not prepared for just how potent the mood, energy and libido were going to be when it fully kicked in. I felt like a 16 year-old again, which by itself was amazing, but what was really surprising was how much it helped my lifting performance. Walking in to the gym feeling like an alpha beast certainly has its benefits. Of course, nothing is going to compare to "other" stuff that actually boosts your T to supra-physiological levels as Muscleup mentioned, but as far as Natty T-boosters go, I've never felt anything like TEST1FY.

I'll agree with Metalhead that their isn't a "hands down" best in this category, but there are certainly stand-outs like TEST1FY and Alphamax.

Reactions: GNO
cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Like others have mentioned, Alphamax XT has ingredients to help with everything you have mentioned. The ashwagandha is great for overall mood. I don't know why I waited so long to start supplementing with it. Eurycoma, 3,4-Divanil, L-Dopa all help me in the libido department. The L-DOPA and ZMA help promote deep sleep.
I'll
There's a lot of other benefits of Alphamax XT as well, reduced cortisol, reduced estrogen, promoting of lean mass.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Core Nutritionals Core Alpha. It has testing behind it...blood testing before and after taking the product etc. It's also the only natural test boosting product that I noticed a significant difference.
You're not serious... are you..?

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sustain Alpha.

bruno.camilo

bruno.camilo

Awards
  • Established
Where is the DAA in these products?

D-POL (Vitamin D3 5000ui + 3g DAA)

I dont believe in natty plants.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Where is the DAA in these products?

D-POL (Vitamin D3 5000ui + 3g DAA)

I dont believe in natty plants.
There are far better natty options than DAA. Remember, a natty test booster IS NOT going to provide you the benefits associated with supraphysiological testosterone levels.

As for DAA, here is some relevant and interesting info:
Twenty-four males, with a minimum of two years' experience in resistance training, (age, 24.5 ± 3.2 y; training experience, 3.4 ± 1.4 y; height, 178.5 ± 6.5 cm; weight, 84.7 ± 7.2 kg; bench press 1-RM, 105.3 ± 15.2 kg) were randomised into one of three groups: 6 g.d(-1) plain flour (D0); 3 g.d(-1) of d-aspartic acid (D3); and 6 g.d(-1) of d-aspartic acid (D6). Participants performed a two-week washout period, training four days per week. This continued through the experimental period (14 days), with participants consuming the supplement in the morning. Serum was analysed for levels of testosterone, estradiol, sex hormone binding globulin, albumin and free testosterone was determined by calculation.

D-aspartic acid supplementation revealed no main effect for group in: estradiol; sex-hormone-binding-globulin; and albumin. Total testosterone was significantly reduced in D6 (P = 0.03). Analysis of free testosterone showed that D6 was significantly reduced as compared to D0 (P = 0.005), but not significantly different to D3. Analysis did not reveal any significant differences between D3 and D0. No significant correlation between initial total testosterone levels and responsiveness to d-aspartic acid was observed (r = 0.10, P = 0.70).

The present study demonstrated that a daily dose of six grams of d-aspartic acid decreased levels of total testosterone and free testosterone (D6), without any concurrent change in other hormones measured. Three grams of d-aspartic acid had no significant effect on either testosterone markers. It is currently unknown what effect this reduction in testosterone will have on strength and hypertrophy gains.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25844073
Resistance-trained men resistance trained 4 times/wk for 28 days while orally ingesting either 3 g of placebo or 3 g of D-ASP. Data were analyzed with 2 × 2 analysis of variance (P < .05).

The gonadal hormones were unaffected by 28 days of D-ASP supplementation and not associated with the observed increases in muscle strength and mass. Therefore, at the dose provided, D-ASP supplementation is ineffective in up-regulating the activity of the hypothalamo-pituitary-gonadal axis and has no anabolic or ergogenic effects in skeletal muscle.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24074738

With that in mind, why would you want DAA over the following:
Ashwagandha (for cortisol control, muscle mass and strength, endurance, and stress/anxiety reduction)
This study reports that ashwagandha supplementation is associated with significant increases in muscle mass and strength and suggests that ashwagandha supplementation may be useful in conjunction with a resistance training program.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4658772/
500mg ashwagandha root extract daily for 8 weeks given to healthy young adults was able to increase VO2 max by 6.9% compared to an increase of 0.2% with placebo, increase average absolute power by 8.8% compared to 1.2% with placebo, increase average relative power by 12%, compared to 0.6% with placebo, an increase balance by 10.7%, compared to no change with placebo.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2996571/
1000mg ashwagandha root extract daily for 8 weeks given to elite Indian cyclists was able to increase time to exhaustion by 7.2%, compared to an increase of 0.1% with placebo, and increase VO2 max by 12.6% compared to a decrease of 0.4% with placebo.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3545242/
An average of 1000mg ashwagandha root extract daily for 30 days in healthy volunteers was able to increase lean body mass by 4lbs, decrease body fat by 2.27%, and increase quadriceps force by 21.5%.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3487234/
Forskolin (for body composition and test)
Oral ingestion of forskolin (250 mg of 10% forskolin extract twice a day) for a 12-week period was shown to favorably alter body composition while concurrently increasing bone mass and serum free testosterone levels in overweight and obese men. The results indicate that forskolin is a possible therapeutic agent for the management and treatment of obesity.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16129715
Tongkat ali (for cortisol control, improved mood, and improved libido)
Significant improvements were found in the TA group for Tension (−11%), Anger (−12%), and Confusion (−15%). Stress hormone profile (salivary cortisol and testosterone) was significantly improved by TA supplementation, with reduced cortisol exposure (−16%) and increased testosterone status (+37%).

These results indicate that daily supplementation with tongkat ali root extract improves stress hormone profile and certain mood state parameters, suggesting that this “ancient” remedy may be an effective approach to shielding the body from the detrimental effects of “modern” chronic stress, which may include general day-to-day stress, as well as the stress of dieting, sleep deprivation, and exercise training.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3669033/

That's just a start; there are more studies and more "natty plants" I could discuss and reference multiple studies for. These are just some of the more common/researched/popular ingredients in "test boosters." Together, with just these three ingredients, you have:
-improved body composition (increased muscle mass, decreased body fat)
-improved strength and endurance
-improved hormone balance
-improved mood and reduced stress/anxiety

Both AlphaMax XT and Test1fy contain ashwagandha and tongkat ali (among many other useful ingredients), and AlphaMax XT also contains forskolin.

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
I can vouch for test1fy actually producing psychological effects. It send libido through the roof.

bruno.camilo

bruno.camilo

Awards
  • Established
Wha???? A year ago there were many tests showing DAA rising test levels. So, it all went down the river? DAA dont work?

Well, i confess my test boosters are clomid and anastrozole, so i dont know what actually work these days in the sups infinite market.

But good stuff u posted, thanks.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wha???? A year ago there were many tests showing DAA rising test levels. So, it all went down the river? DAA dont work?

Well, i confess my test boosters are clomid and anastrozole, so i dont know what actually work these days in the sups infinite market.

But good stuff u posted, thanks.
The first study I referenced regarding DAA was published recently (2015), and used subjects with at least 2 years experience resistance training, and the study also had subjects train 4-days a week. If you look at the full text (which I put a link to below), you'll see that both 3g and 6g DAA REDUCED free testosterone relative to no DAA (although the decrease was only significant in the 6g group):

From the discussion in the study:
Our results demonstrate that in resistance trained men three grams daily of d-aspartic acid had no significant effect on total testosterone, estradiol, sex-hormone-binding-globulin, and albumin. This is contrary to the evidence provided by Topo et al. [12], where the cohort consumed the same dose over 12 days and reported elevated total testosterone levels (~42%). Baseline testosterone levels of the current study were higher than values found in Topo et al. [12] (6.3 and 4.5 ng.ml−1 respectively), presumably because the cohort in the Topo et al. study were sedentary [12]. In resistance training literature, total testosterone levels range from 5.8–8.6 ng.ml−1 [4,14] for trained individuals and 4.9–6.6 ng.ml−1 for untrained [15-17]. The increase in testosterone observed in Topo et al. [12] was likely due to the fact that testosterone levels were low enough for d-aspartic acid to have an effect. In comparison our results in the D3 group mirror the results seen in the study by Willoughby & Leutholtz [13], where the total testosterone levels fall within levels observed in resistance trained males [4,14].

The reductions in testosterone observed in this study are important to consider, owing to the negative impact it could have on training gains within this population. Resistance trained men have higher levels of strength and hypertrophy compared to novice trainers and also exhibit higher basal testosterone levels [4,13-17], which suggest a link between basal total testosterone levels and training related gains. A decrease in total testosterone with a concurrent decrease in free testosterone could reduce the likelihood of interaction with androgen receptors in muscles and nerves, which would reduce the speed of testosterone initiated muscle protein synthesis [1]. Over time this could translate into reduced training gains. Conversely, alterations of testosterone within normal physiological ranges may not be clinically significant. Research indicates that when total testosterone levels are observed outside of normal healthy ranges (4.9-8.6 ng.ml−1) it affects strength and hypertrophy. In the case of hypogonadism where testosterone levels are low this negatively affects strength and hypertrophy, and with the use of steroids a positive affect is seen [5,20]. The changes observed in the current study reflect minor alterations with respect to normal physiological ranges. It is currently unknown if these fluctuations are detrimental to training gains.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4384294/

The other study I referenced was published in 2013, and subjects were also resistance-trained males, and the study also included 28 days of heavy resistance training 4-times per week. 3g/day DAA was used:
The gonadal hormones were unaffected by 28 days of D-ASP supplementation and not associated with the observed increases in muscle strength and mass. Therefore, at the dose provided, D-ASP supplementation is ineffective in up-regulating the activity of the hypothalamo-pituitary-gonadal axis and has no anabolic or ergogenic effects in skeletal muscle.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24074738

The older studies that did note increased testosterone with DAA either did not use resistance-trained individuals (2009) or used infertile subjects (2012), neither of which are the target demographic (resistance trained individuals) that typically tend to take "test boosters."

I'd definitely opt for something like AlphaMax XT or Testify over DAA for a natty "test booster." Besides simply increasing testosterone, which, if you read through the discussion of one of the newer DAA studies, you see this:
alterations of testosterone within normal physiological ranges may not be clinically significant. Research indicates that when total testosterone levels are observed outside of normal healthy ranges (4.9-8.6 ng.ml−1) it affects strength and hypertrophy.
which was what I was saying earlier regarding natty test boosters and supraphysiological levels of testosterone.

However, ingredients like ashwagandha and forskolin have research showing that they can improve strength/enduance/body composition, which IS useful. That is why I would say that AlphaMax XT > DAA. It's more complete IMO.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Below. Edited.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How old are you? Freeing up bound inactive test with 3,4 divinil which is found in testabolan and the like is an extremely effective option. Free test is commonly an issue with most when it comes to overall sense of well being and libido rather than total test. Freeing up test alone is typically all someone needs.

Your prolactin levels may also be elevated which something like l-dopa which reduces prolactin which in turn raises dopamine that induces a rise in test is highly effective as well.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think people will be VERY happy with CompEdgeLabs' M-Test...has several great ingredients at full dosages. ;)
The anticipation....

Metalhead56

Awards
When's M-Test coming out? By the way I'd like to update my answer a bit since the Diesel Test has started really kicking in to say you can't go wrong with either Alphamax or Diesel Test. Both have made me feel better than I've ever felt in my life. Cycling off is gonna suck.

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Get Diesel makes a fine tbooster, DTP v2 at 5 or 6 caps daily is legit

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I think people will be VERY happy with CompEdgeLabs' M-Test...has several great ingredients at full dosages. ;)
Definitely excited for this one :D

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
tons of good test boosters....what I mainly look for is fadogia, bulbine, daa, lj.....HPTA, test infusion, tropinol xp all come to mind

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
whaaaaat. when is this coming out?!

For strictly libido purposes, bulbine is my favorite booster.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Any ideas?
The reason the testosterone market is dead. High prices with failed promises of fake standardized nettle root, Fenugreek, and all the empty promises of Tribulus (although some extract are good for libido) and new to the list is boron.

619sss

Awards
The reason the testosterone market is dead. High prices with failed promises of fake standardized nettle root, Fenugreek, and all the empty promises of Tribulus (although some extract are good for libido) and new to the list is boron.
True the only thing that worked for me is Tongkat Ali for me....

Real Nettle root is expensive to make, fenugreek increases libido but lowers DHT how's that idk,

boron 12mg, vitamin k 15-20mg,ginger 4g, daa 3g,vitamin d 5-10k daily sometimes, didn't do anything for me.

I'm on bulbine 360mg sometimes x2 , ***ido 1200mg for 1 month I started to feel good as I had a drop from serm misuse, I just started another source of Tongkat Ali, butea superba and damina.

Jessterlx

Awards
  • First Up Vote
It would be just so wonderful if people who discuss their experiences with Test Boosters would give their age.

We all know their are people in their 20's and even teenagers using Test Boosters. Obviously, being 57 years old myself I need to hear about experience from older gentlemen that can really get benefit from the stuff.

Thanks for your understanding..

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Threads like this make me laugh. How do you determine what the best natty 'test booster' is? Without some objective evaluation framework I cant see how anyone can make an informed decision given most responses are from reps or affiliates pushing products they have any interest in. None of the posters have quantified or evidenced the extent to which their products reliably and consistently 'boosts test'. When pressed they say a product has 'health benefits'. On the rare occasion Ive seen bloods posted for testboosters on this board its been meh at best

Oh well tomorrow there'll be another one of these threads and it'll all start over!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It would be just so wonderful if people who discuss their experiences with Test Boosters would give their age.

We all know their are people in their 20's and even teenagers using Test Boosters. Obviously, being 57 years old myself I need to hear about experience from older gentlemen that can really get benefit from the stuff.

Thanks for your understanding..

Sorry, I never saw this before.

I am almost 38, so everything I listed in my post regarding Alphamax XT is from someone in late 30s. I just finished another 8 week run of Alphamax XT, last week. Libido was up, refractory period was reduced(really good as you get older), it cut the time for round two at least in half. I can already tell that my sleep is not as good now that I am off as well. 4 more weeks and I will start again!

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting coming from someone in the supplement industry. I recall USP labs released a test booster not too long ago? There was quite a flurry initially but I hardly ever see any mentions of this and its interesting you haven't marketed it on this thread as most others have for their products?

BTW boron worked well for me and I have bloods for this unlike most recommendations in this thread!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Like others have mentioned, Alphamax XT has ingredients to help with everything you have mentioned. The ashwagandha is great for overall mood. I don't know why I waited so long to start supplementing with it. Eurycoma, 3,4-Divanil, L-Dopa all help me in the libido department. The L-DOPA and ZMA help promote deep sleep.
I'll
There's a lot of other benefits of Alphamax XT as well, reduced cortisol, reduced estrogen, promoting of lean mass.

Can't forget the forskolin! Good post btw. Alphamax XT is a great all in one test booster. Covers all of the areas that the OP stated he wanted to see from a test booster. 4-8 week run with alphamax will do you good. The plus of taking a supplement like alphamax is because it has so many benefits all in one supplement, it saves you money from buying 2 different test boosters to get the desired effects. Keep budget down or use that extra money to add in another product that would compliment it well. Something like ArA.

Fat2Strong

Awards
Are these test boosters really functional these days? I remember only hearing that test boosters are useless and have no real research behind them.

I have tried that HCGenerate stuff and outside of slight libido boost I didnt really feel anything.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are these test boosters really functional these days? I remember only hearing that test boosters are useless and have no real research behind them.

I have tried that HCGenerate stuff and outside of slight libido boost I didnt really feel anything.
They can help you achieve your goals with proper diet and training.

619sss

Awards
Interesting coming from someone in the supplement industry. I recall USP labs released a test booster not too long ago? There was quite a flurry initially but I hardly ever see any mentions of this and its interesting you haven't marketed it on this thread as most others have for their products?

BTW boron worked well for me and I have bloods for this unlike most recommendations in this thread!
Which boron form? Dose? Period of use? How much did you see increase?

Fat2Strong

Awards
Can't that be said about anything though? I mean I could say cold brew coffee can help you achieve goals with proper diet and training. Or that high fructose corn syrup can help me achieve goals with proper diet and training.

I meant more about the research and if there are real medical studies and enough testing done on these ingredients that make them more than just something that might work. And more importantly, if they are functional in human studies, what are the dosages that they were functional and are those dosages in these products?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can't that be said about anything though? I mean I could say cold brew coffee can help you achieve goals with proper diet and training. Or that high fructose corn syrup can help me achieve goals with proper diet and training.

I meant more about the research and if there are real medical studies and enough testing done on these ingredients that make them more than just something that might work. And more importantly, if they are functional in human studies, what are the dosages that they were functional and are those dosages in these products?
There are studies on certain ingredients. I had a lot of them on my old laptop from college that I no longer have.

The only way for you to know for yourself is to get blood work, take before/after pics, and log the product.

Since you seem to be a little skeptical of test boosters (which I understand), go read the hundreds of logs on this forum and see what other people have to say.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This. While a test booster isn't going to increase testosterone levels to supraphysiological levels (and therefore isn't going to provide "gear-like" results associated with that), an effective "test-booster" like AlphaMax XT has ingredients that have been shown to have benefits in regards to body composition and performance (Forskolin and Ashwagandha) and mood and libido (Ashwagandha and tongkat Ali). The real benefits from quality test boosters today (AlphaMax XT, Testify, etc) isn't so much increasing the test # on bloodwork for people who already have normal test levels, but in improving performance/body composition/mood, which can certainly help with any goal.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This. While a test booster isn't going to increase testosterone levels to supraphysiological levels (and therefore isn't going to provide "gear-like" results associated with that), an effective "test-booster" like AlphaMax XT has ingredients that have been shown to have benefits in regards to body composition and performance (Forskolin and Ashwagandha) and mood and libido (Ashwagandha and tongkat Ali). The real benefits from quality test boosters today (AlphaMax XT, Testify, etc) isn't so much increasing the test # on bloodwork for people who already have normal test levels, but in improving performance/body composition/mood, which can certainly help with any goal.
This is another reason why I love alphamax. It has so many proven ingredients that it can be used for any goal.

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
the degree to which these products contribute to improvements in body composition and performance is negligible and far overstated compared to a solid diet, exercise and rest. It may also be time to start rebranding these products as it seems to be the consensus that they don't boost test directly to any significant level, if at all. We might as well start labelling good food as a test boosters given their 'indirect effect' is far more significant than for 'testboosters'

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

USP Labs Ultimate T is a phenomenal product, and I hate most test boosters.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
the degree to which these products contribute to improvements in body composition and performance is negligible and far overstated compared to a solid diet, exercise and rest. It may also be time to start rebranding these products as it seems to be the consensus that they don't boost test directly to any significant level, if at all. We might as well start labelling good food as a test boosters given their 'indirect effect' is far more significant than for 'testboosters'
The degree to which ANY NATURAL PRODUCTS contribute to improvements in body composition and performance relative to a solid diet, exercise, and rest (which are obviously the three main factors in any fitness/body goal) is negligible... they're called supplements because they are intended to "supplement," or be added onto a solid diet, training program, and rest. No one is even trying to say that you can out-supplement bad diet or training.

As for what some of these supplements/ingredients can provide when added to a solid diet, training program, and rest, they can certainly provide some nice and useful benefits (even beyond improved libido and mood, which are nice):

Here's some research on ashwagandha (which is found in AlphaMax XT and Testify):
Compared to the placebo subjects, the group treated with ashwagandha had significantly greater increases in muscle strength on the bench-press exercise (Placebo: 26.4 kg, 95 % CI, 19.5, 33.3 vs. Ashwagandha: 46.0 kg, 95 % CI 36.6, 55.5; p = 0.001) and the leg-extension exercise (Placebo: 9.8 kg, 95 % CI, 7.2,12.3 vs. Ashwagandha: 14.5 kg, 95 % CI, 10.8,18.2; p = 0.04), and significantly greater muscle size increase at the arms (Placebo: 5.3 cm2, 95 % CI, 3.3,7.2 vs. Ashwagandha: 8.6 cm2, 95 % CI, 6.9,10.8; p = 0.01) and chest (Placebo: 1.4 cm, 95 % CI, 0.8, 2.0 vs. Ashwagandha: 3.3 cm, 95 % CI, 2.6, 4.1; p < 0.001). Compared to the placebo subjects, the subjects receiving ashwagandha also had significantly greater reduction of exercise-induced muscle damage as indicated by the stabilization of serum creatine kinase (Placebo: 1307.5 U/L, 95 % CI, 1202.8, 1412.1, vs. Ashwagandha: 1462.6 U/L, 95 % CI, 1366.2, 1559.1; p = 0.03), significantly greater increase in testosterone level (Placebo: 18.0 ng/dL, 95 % CI, -15.8, 51.8 vs. Ashwagandha: 96.2 ng/dL, 95 % CI, 54.7, 137.5; p = 0.004), and a significantly greater decrease in body fat percentage (Placebo: 1.5 %, 95 % CI, 0.4 %, 2.6 % vs. Ashwagandha: 3.5 %, 95 % CI, 2.0 %, 4.9 %; p = 0.03).

This study reports that ashwagandha supplementation is associated with significant increases in muscle mass and strength and suggests that ashwagandha supplementation may be useful in conjunction with a resistance training program.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4658772/

and forskolin:
. The forskolin group had a significant decrease in body fat percent from baseline (35.17 8.03%) to final measurement (31.03 7.96%). The placebo
group showed no significant difference in body fat percent from baseline to final measurement. The actual change in body fat percent from before to after the study (4.14 4.47% vs. 0.96 1.66% for forskolin vs. placebo, respectively) was shown to be significantly different among groups (p 0.05).
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16129715

Again, there isn't a natural supplement out there that will replace training, diet, and rest; you can't out-supplement any of those three variables and expect success, but some supplements can certainly provide benefits when ADDED TO a solid training program, diet, and rest.

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Which boron form? Dose? Period of use? How much did you see increase?
boron citrate. 10mg per day for 5 weeks. 60% increase in Total T albeit from near bottom of the scale, took me to mid-range. in combination with vitamin D 5000 UI. The vitamin D by itself did nothing but with the Boron, boom! My GP nodded his head approvingly at that latest reading noting the marked change