SilentBob's (no-drama) chatroom

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I remember those Tim, but I never watched them myself. Not a fan of the gore videos.

I DO remember that I did like the cover art for the tapes though. That's right you youngins, stuff used to come on VHS!

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I remember those Tim, but I never watched them myself. Not a fan of the gore videos.

I DO remember that I did like the cover art for the tapes though. That's right you youngins, stuff used to come on VHS!
Youngins?!?!? You're still in your 20s, man! :lol:

Some of the stuff on those "tapes" was just comical, but some was really sick. Seeing someone drawn n quartered wasn't nearly as bad as the mini-doc of the asian family going to the pet store, bringing home a few very cute pups, letting the kids play with them, then ... well let's just say getting the dishes ready for dinner. Yeah, it's cultural and all that, and yes, it's meat, and yes, if offered I'd probably try it, but to let the kids play with 'em first and be all cutesie??? C'mon...that's just cruel. That got me sick.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Spartans were a warrior society unmatched in history... the society was not maintainable because of the level of sacrifice for the leading citizens to endure. It's remarkable that it came about in the first place. Weapons aside the Spartan man himself was the ultimate warrior. I don't think that most Spartan males survived the training which started at age 7 when they were removed from their families for 13 years of the most gruesome basic training imagineable. That even when they passed this test they were allowed no luxuries whatsoever.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
^ Wasn't Sparta kind of a 'zoo' of sorts after Greece became a unified state? I think the documentary I was watching said that the civilized Greeks would visit Sparta to see the 'crazy' Spartans and their strict, practically ritual training practices.

And we've gone full circle back to the documentaries again :lol:

And Tim, you're right. That's just not right. No 'wok the dog' jokes please. Like you though, I wouldn't decline trying it if offered.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Spartans were a warrior society unmatched in history... the society was not maintainable because of the level of sacrifice for the leading citizens to endure. It's remarkable that it came about in the first place. Weapons aside the Spartan man himself was the ultimate warrior. I don't think that most Spartan males survived the training which started at age 7 when they were removed from their families for 13 years of the most gruesome basic training imagineable. That even when they passed this test they were allowed no luxuries whatsoever.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
^ Wasn't Sparta kind of a 'zoo' of sorts after Greece became a unified state? I think the documentary I was watching said that the civilized Greeks would visit Sparta to see the 'crazy' Spartans and their strict, practically ritual training practices.

And we've gone full circle back to the documentaries again :lol:

And Tim, you're right. That's just not right. No 'wok the dog' jokes please. Like you though, I wouldn't decline trying it if offered.
Sparta conqured Athens the the Peloponesion Wars hed a garrision there for 50 years but that was their downfall, exposure to worldly extravagance made them soft and the sacrifices they made to be who they were began to look less attractive, Athens rebelled.. and were successful. Corinth who were also Dorian Greeks become the dominant power in Greece but not to long after that Greece was invaded by Phillip of Macedon and you know what happened next. Funny thing was Macedonia conquered Greece but the influence of Greek culture conquered the Macedonians, Alexander learned most of what he knew from them...

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sparta conqured Athens the the Peloponesion Wars hed a garrision there for 50 years but that was their downfall, exposure to worldly extravagance made them soft and the sacrifices they made to be who they were began to look less attractive, Athens rebelled.. and were successful. Corinth who were also Dorian Greeks become the dominant power in Greece but not to long after that Greece was invaded by Phillip of Macedon and you know what happened next. Funny thing was Macedonia conquered Greece but the influence of Greek culture conquered the Macedonians, Alexander learned most of what he knew from them...
that was awesome.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Old Man Bites Tenderly 'Peeps' from earlier.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
yup...a peep show

Eh...she's ok...I have something better to look at up close and personal every night for the rest of my life though until death do us part. LOL. :D

Cheers!:cheers:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Eh...she's ok...I have something better to look at up close and personal every night for the rest of my life though until death do us part. LOL. :D

Cheers!:cheers:
thanks for sharing!!!:rasp:

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Ok, to stick in theme here...

Enjoy the laughs!

Cheers:cheers:

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What is this cardio of which you speak?
It's when you lift heavy weights non-stop with no rest between sets. That's my cardio anyways. :stooges:

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
OLD LOVE

I was in my back yard trying to fly a kite.

I threw the kite up in the air, the wind would catch it for a few seconds, then it would come crashing back down to earth.

I tried this a few more times with no success.

All the while, Karen is watching from the kitchen window,

Muttering to herself how men need to be told how to do everything.

She opens the window and yelled to me,

'You need a piece of tail.'

I turned with a confused look on my face and said,

'Make up your mind. Last night, you told me to go fly a kite.'

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
But, as will more than likely be affirmed by fellow members:

Vikings win at everything. Forever.
So very very true. Vikings Rule!!:hammer:

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dis here thread is funny...

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
YAR!!

Banana Pirate!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn straight Vikings win. I go to a family reunion and the activities are pillaging, plundering and laying waste to the countryside. Followed by mead, mutton and a plethora of the local farm girls.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
Dumb as a box of Rocks
A VERY GOOD EXAMPLE OF THE KIND OF REPRESENTATION WE HAVE IN CONGRESS, TRUE STORY:

A noted psychiatrist was a guest speaker at an academic function where Nancy Pelosi happened to appear. Ms Pelosi took the opportunity to schmooze the good doctor a bit and asked him a question with which he was most at ease.

'Would you mind telling me, Doctor,' she asked, 'how you detect a mental deficiency in somebody who appears completely normal?'

'Nothing is easier,' he replied. 'You ask a simple question which anyone should answer with no trouble. If the person hesitates, that puts you on the track.'

'What sort of question?' asked Pelosi.

Well, you might ask, 'Captain Cook made three trips around the world and died during one of them. Which one?''

Pelosi thought a moment, and then said with a nervous laugh, 'You wouldn't happen to have another example would you? I must confess I don't know much about history..'

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
The $50 Lesson

I recently asked my friends' little girl what she wanted to
be when she grows up.

She said she wanted to be President of the United States .

Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing
there.

So I asked her, "If you were President, what would be the
first thing you would do?"

She replied, "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless
people.."

Her parents beamed.

"Wow...what a worthy goal," I told her.

"But you don't have to wait until you're President to do
that.

You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds,
and sweep my driveway, and I'll pay you $50.

Then I'll take you over to the grocery store where the
homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward food
and a new house."

She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me
straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and
do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?"

I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party."

...Her parents still aren't speaking to me.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The $50 Lesson

I recently asked my friends' little girl what she wanted to
be when she grows up.

She said she wanted to be President of the United States .

Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing
there.

So I asked her, "If you were President, what would be the
first thing you would do?"

She replied, "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless
people.."

Her parents beamed.

"Wow...what a worthy goal," I told her.

"But you don't have to wait until you're President to do
that.

You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds,
and sweep my driveway, and I'll pay you $50.

Then I'll take you over to the grocery store where the
homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward food
and a new house."

She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me
straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and
do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?"

I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party."

...Her parents still aren't speaking to me.
:clap2:

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
America's Finest:

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
A woman comes home and tells her husband, "Remember those headaches I've been having all these years? Well, they're gone."

"No more headaches?" the husband asks, ''What happened?"

His wife replies, Margie referred me to a hypnotist. He told me to stand in front of a mirror, stare at myself and repeat, "I do not Have a Headache; I do not have a headache, I do not have a headache.."

"It Worked! The headaches are all gone.."

The husband replies, "Well, that is wonderful."

His wife then says, "You know, you haven't been exactly a ball of Fire in the bedroom these last few years. Why don't you go see the Hypnotist and see if he can do anything for that?"

The husband agrees to try it.

Following his appointment, the husband comes home, rips off his clothes, picks up his wife and carries her into the bedroom.

He puts her on the bed and says, "Don't move, I'll be right back."

He goes into the Bathroom and comes back a few minutes later and jumps into bed and makes Passionate love to his wife like never before.

His wife says, "Boy, that was wonderful!"

The husband says, "Don't move! I will be right back."

He goes back into the bathroom, comes back and round two was even better than The First time.

The wife sits up and her head is spinning.

Her husband again says, "Don't move, I'll be right back."

With that, he goes back in the bathroom.

This time, his wife quietly follows him and there, in the Bathroom, she sees him standing at the mirror and saying, "She's not my Wife. She's Not my wife. She's not my wife..."

His funeral service will be held on Friday.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established

Shane0Mac

Awards
did you hear the one about the blunt pencil?

never mind, there's no point

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
did you hear the one about the blunt pencil?

never mind, there's no point
did you hear the one about the bed?

me neither, it hasn't been made yet.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Confucious say: "Man who go to bed with hard problem wake up with solution in hand"

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It isn't Premarital sex if you have no intention of getting married!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Alright shoppers, just got back from a run and the chiro. What you cats getting in to today?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's called Hellenism and the borrowing of foreign technologies was not a new idea. The Persians did it centuries before with the building of Pasargade, Susa, Persepolis, etc. They usually imported workers from around the empire to help with the construction of their projects.

If only people would take more of the Persian philosophies today...

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
So much for drama free.
I know right? I wonder if I can neg a co-rep... :deal:

In other news, my hands are bananas

PS I am the milky pirate, YARH!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It's called Hellenism and the borrowing of foreign technologies was not a new idea. The Persians did it centuries before with the building of Pasargade, Susa, Persepolis, etc. They usually imported workers from around the empire to help with the construction of their projects.

If only people would take more of the Persian philosophies today...
the persian people as a whole had it going on-but like america today-the leaders at the top are fools.