• Established
VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You Tbar 6 plates?! Nice!
When I was 230lbs, my back workouts were brutal, Deads 425-475lbs, 10-6 reps; BB rows 315-405lbs, 10-6 reps; T-Rows, 3-6 plates, 10-6 reps; then Smith-BB, One Arm Rows, 135-225lbs, 10-6 reps.

I can't do that anymore.... :paranoid:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my elbow still hurts but i'll just work around it i guess.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
When I was 230lbs, my back workouts were brutal, Deads 425-475lbs, 10-6 reps; BB rows 315-405lbs, 10-6 reps; T-Rows, 3-6 plates, 10-6 reps; then Smith-BB, One Arm Rows, 135-225lbs, 10-6 reps.

I can't do that anymore.... :paranoid:
Gadamn! 405 bb rows sounds just nutz! To think you are practically natural!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used to hit 425 on the deads for set 1, 10 reps. I can barely pull 375 for 1 right now.... I'm lame, but I've only gotten back into dead lifting for one month now (after a two year lumbar hiatus).

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Youre a beast and you know it

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Which is EVEN beastlier!

Damn were on pg 46 now

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
405lb BB Rows sounds debilitating. I couldn't even imagine. How ugly was your form?

I've gotten up to 275 I think, and that was hard enough.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
405lb BB Rows sounds debilitating. I couldn't even imagine. How ugly was your form?

I've gotten up to 275 I think, and that was hard enough.
My ability to row (BB, T-row or Db) is disproportionally strong, compared to the rest of my body. 405lbs wasn't all that bad, my form didn't start to suck until 455. I used to progress 135, 225 warm up. 315 first working, 375, 405 and stop at 425 depending on how the 405's felt. Rarely did I go up into the awkward 455's and I didn't feel any unwanted strain in my lower back (from unintentional jerking) until I was working with 455. Plus, I always did my BB rows after Deads, so my erectors wouldn't have held up properly if I were overtly abusing them with horrendous form.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well so it turns out its not really my elbow, but one of the forearm tendons that attach right at the elbow. sooooo no real problem with bending however t-bar and other rows are out as they stress that tendon. dammit.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well so it turns out its not really my elbow, but one of the forearm tendons that attach right at the elbow. sooooo no real problem with bending however t-bar and other rows are out as they stress that tendon. dammit.
I have had the same problem for months now Easy. I strained a forearm flexor doing shrugs. I had to stop doing any forearm exersises and certain back exersises bothered it for awhile. After about two months it has finally begun to subside. Get some good straps Easy...they will give the flexor a break and you can still get some decent back work in.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
a physical therapist I know said to keep it iced as often as possible too, so i'l start doing that as well. still beat my last logbook #s in everything else, not bad after 2 weeks off :D

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, I iced it after any routine that had my forearms involved. Good job on beating the log champ!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is how bad is looks now. You can imagine the pain Im in. Cant wait for that ultra sound tomorrow.

Attachments

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Inside my cheek at my jaw. The lymph (I think) is swollen underneath.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
damn bro. Looks like you are chewing tabacco. Hope it all checks out well for you!

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
WOW!! I feel sorry for ya man, hope all checks out well!!

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
same man... get that sh!t taken care of

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you guys appreciate good Hip Hop, and like the word FREE, go to Amazon and search in the MP3 section: (Definitive Jux Free Amazon Sampler [Explicit]); it's a free sampler with full song. 90% of it is good, and it's f*cking free!

Met, damn man, I hope you heal quickly. It looks like someone nailed you. Do you have your wisdom teeth?

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
yo met... i posted up a 1 year progress pic in the log... check it...

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for all the support fellas. I feel like an idiot but I have been taking Tylenol (generic brand) extra strength thinking it was an NSAID :pat:. The pain I have experienced over the last few days has been excruciating. I stop by my mom's place today to show her how its looking and she tells me Im just taking Tylenol haha...dumb ass. She gives me a bottle of Ibuprofen, I take 2 tabs and walah! Pain free! Very anxious to go get this ultra sound tomorrow. I'm just hoping for no bad news.

If you guys appreciate good Hip Hop, and like the word FREE, go to Amazon and search in the MP3 section: (Definitive Jux Free Amazon Sampler [Explicit]); it's a free sampler with full song. 90% of it is good, and it's f*cking free!

Met, damn man, I hope you heal quickly. It looks like someone nailed you. Do you have your wisdom teeth?
Yes, I still have my wisdom teeth but it is inside my cheek. So unless its some other kind of weird stray tooth, I doubt that's what the problem is. Guess I'll find out tomorrow :dunno:.
yo met... i posted up a 1 year progress pic in the log... check it...
Awesome. Ill check it out

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Make sure you let us all know what the Doc says when you find out. I really hope it goes well for you and that it's nothing serious.

If I were to guess, I'd say that it's just a small family of elves living inside your mouth, but without that ultrasound, one can only speculate, you know?

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Make sure you let us all know what the Doc says when you find out. I really hope it goes well for you and that it's nothing serious.

If I were to guess, I'd say that it's just a small family of elves living inside your mouth, but without that ultrasound, one can only speculate, you know?
Damn those elves!!!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
no, a little too much fasted cardio this morning, and no food or caffeine yet :D

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

hahaha...

..well I had the ultra sound. Apparently, they dont tell you right then and there what the problem is. She basically is only a photographer. They will be sending the pics I guess to my doc and then when I see her on Monday (or whenever they arrive), I will find out what is wrong with me. Sucks. I was really really looking forward to finding out what is wrong with me. Guess I have to wait more. I really really really hope I dont have to take more time off from the gym. Just gotta suck it up and get more important things taken care of...worst birthday ever :lol:

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Happy Birthday bud. Rest up, hope you feel better soon.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Happy sucky birthday. :). I hope your girl can turn that frown upside down.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
hahaha...

..well I had the ultra sound. Apparently, they dont tell you right then and there what the problem is. She basically is only a photographer. They will be sending the pics I guess to my doc and then when I see her on Monday (or whenever they arrive), I will find out what is wrong with me. Sucks. I was really really looking forward to finding out what is wrong with me. Guess I have to wait more. I really really really hope I dont have to take more time off from the gym. Just gotta suck it up and get more important things taken care of...worst birthday ever :lol:
Monday?! I would have threw a fit.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks bros!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Monday?! I would have threw a fit.
I'm not happy I have to wait until Monday but some good news I did get when I called in to my docs office: She told me that if they didn't call back withen 24 hours then its nothing urgent. So I guess that's good news.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not happy I have to wait until Monday but some good news I did get when I called in to my docs office: She told me that if they didn't call back withen 24 hours then its nothing urgent. So I guess that's good news.
Ah that's true. Nice. What if they called and said, "Well, it's not good. Not good at all...We'll talk to you about it on Monday. Have a pleasant weekend."

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's like when they advertise the news... "Why air strikes and zombie attacks could happen in your area at any moment...That and more at 9." - (It's 1pm).

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ah that's true. Nice. What if they called and said, "Well, it's not good. Not good at all...We'll talk to you about it on Monday. Have a pleasant weekend."
It's like when they advertise the news... "Why air strikes and zombie attacks could happen in your area at any moment...That and more at 9." - (It's 1pm).
hahaha...man I hope not

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
broke 200lbs on incline hammer press today, that was a nice bump in weight

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice work bud

Update:
The swelling got realllly bad and the pain got realllly bad..about 2 days ago the swelling started going down. I have lost about 50% of the size that it was. So that's good news. I still haven't gotten any word on my ultra sound. Sucks but they think I will here something by 3pm. The suspense is killing me. The pain is nearly all gone and I dont need pain killers for it anymore. Saturday night I came down with the flu (I think). I had flu like symptoms up until about 8am this morning: profuse sweating but cold at the same time, weak all over, being really out of it, high fever. Its all gone now tho, except the sweating. Im still sweating a bit but I no longer feel like sh1t. I really really hope I dont have to make a doctors visit tomorrow so I can get a workout in. Its now been a week off from the gym and Im getting ansy. If I have to continue on this break...then so be it :sad:..I cant wait for this to be all over.