Metroba tries out teh MMV3s

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats crazy man. Does it stick out quite a bit?
Yes it sticks out..right lymph is quite swollen
Big can chime in on this...I think anti-biotics need to be run for a full course to be effective. A partial run will only make the bacteria immune and not totally kill it. Sound right Big?
I have about 2 weeks worth..I think. I may just have to dig up some money to go to a walk in clinic so I can get a full months worth. I think my sis may have some amox too. I could just get hers and continue on with it when I run out of what I have.

You guys think that sounds stupid.

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Good luck with it man. Just remember, anitbiotics can also kill the good stuff in your gut, so I'd get some yogurt or Gut Health. If it gets bigger, you can always say it's your conjoined twin, or whatever they call that.:joke:

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
So I have had this bump on my right jaw which I believe to be a cyst. Im really not sure what it is. But my right lymph node has been swelling up daily. Its gotten bigger and bigger and bigger. It looks huuge today. Im kinda worried about it. My insurance doesnt kick in until school starts which is about 3 weeks away. So Im going to treat this as an infection and take some amoxicillin that I have laying around. I have about 2 weeks worth of it. Im gonna drop the supps for now except Prime as I dont see this hurting. Ive decided on the 7/5 dosing. I hope that I can get rid of this thing. It hurts and I look ridiculous.
Can you take a pic of it? Have you had your wisdom teeth pulled? When they need to be pulled, the tooth itself doesn't always necessarily hurt. Sometimes just the jaw itself and general area are painful due to an infection and inflammation. It doesn't sound like a cyst, but I am not a doctor. An antibiotic will not get rid of a cyst anyway. If it's a ganglion cyst, it needs to be cut out because it's just a buildup of fibrous tissue. I know because I have one on my wrist and it's a b!tch.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
Yes it sticks out..right lymph is quite swollen

I have about 2 weeks worth..I think. I may just have to dig up some money to go to a walk in clinic so I can get a full months worth. I think my sis may have some amox too. I could just get hers and continue on with it when I run out of what I have.

You guys think that sounds stupid.
Do that. Go to a local urgent care or walk-in clinic and have them look at it. You do need to take an antibiotic until it is all gone. Like someone else said, if they do give you one or you decide to take one, get yogurt(not yoplait) REAL yogurt with active cultures, or some gut health. Antibiotics kill the good bacteria in your stomach as well as the infection.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ill get a pic of it. I never even thought about my wisdom teeth! No I have not had them pulled yet.

Anyway, I am seeing a walk in doctor in the morning. Hopefully its nothing serious.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also I have some Acidophilus laying around I will use with the antibiotic..if thats what Im put on.

While Im thinking about it. Do any of you guys know if antiobiotics will lessn the effect of Prime?

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
As you can see it is very obvious

Attachments

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Big can chime in on this...I think anti-biotics need to be run for a full course to be effective. A partial run will only make the bacteria immune and not totally kill it. Sound right Big?
AZ is right you would want to go a full course with a drug like amox. WIth that type of "infection" you could be looking into different drugs like Keflex. With Keflex it is about a 10 day therapy at 4 caps a day. Much shorter than Amox.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Met, come on man, protect your health and go see an Urgent Care Doctor. It's not that expensive, certainly cheaper than what could happen if it gets worse and you have to go the ER (that would cost some money). Hell, sell a bottle or two of your supplement stash to pay for it, but regardless, don't wait. Self-diagnoses and self-treatment isn't safe, especially when taking prescription medicines.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude, go get that checked out. You don't want to look like a redneck with chaw in his mouth for the rest of your life.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I say no on the amox... Unperscribed and wrongly perscribed antibiotics are the reason we get crazy sh*t like swine flu killing fools.

Go to the Urgent care or clinic. Couldn't be more than a couple hundo.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
haha doods I told you I was going to the doc this morning lol

I got checked out...they dont know for sure what it is but suspect it is an abscess. She decided to treat it as an infection and prescribed me Cephalexin for a 7 day supply. I have to go get an ultrasound of it in a day or two and go back for a checkup in a week. Could just be from the comfort of being on antibiotics but it actually feels a lot less painful. I really hope its nothing serious. Oh it turns out I am still insured during the summer. So that’s a load off my back. Now I just have to stress about how much my ultrasound is going to cost.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I say no on the amox... Unperscribed and wrongly perscribed antibiotics are the reason we get crazy sh*t like swine flu killing fools.

Go to the Urgent care or clinic. Couldn't be more than a couple hundo.
was this a joke?! A couple hundred? Im lucky if I have any money left over after my bills are paid.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
If you are insured it should cover the majority of the ultrasound.

And the couple hundred bucks is relative. Abscess in the face, or a couple hundred bucks... I'd pay much more to keep my grill looking fresh.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would too. Im going to borrow money if I have to and Im pretty sure I will. I dont wanna look this way either. Im already getting teased about it.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
was this a joke?! A couple hundred? Im lucky if I have any money left over after my bills are paid.
Not a joke.

Its your health... You have money to spend on supplements - you should have money to spend on a lump on your face... If not, its time to re-evaluate priorities.

If it was a toothache, or something minor - I'd say hold out for insurance... but that stuff is nothing to mess with.

Credit card or parents... Always a better option than just taking leftover antibiotics.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree. I have to borrow the money from my parents. Credit is too bad.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
They are. Money is just tight for everyone. They just payed 7k for my sisters dog to have surgery on a ruptured disc. Still Im gonna get it taken care of. I dont wanna look or feel this way anymore.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
damn, I love my dogs but for 7k i'd have em put to sleep I'd have a cell sample taken first maybe in case cloning comes down in price (50k last time I saw a price). Partially because something like a ruptured disc might never heal right anyhow, and the dog be in pain the rest of their lives.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah I know but they are VERRRY attached

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
me too, i mean I have to hold my male dog for the vet to be able to give him shots (man the vet hates that, but he is uncontrollable if i'm not there) but I can see that at 9 years old he already doesn't quite understand that he's getting older. he's surprised when he can't jump like he used to, or when things hurt. It would be 10x worse with something like a ruptured disc, he'd never understand why it hurt all the time, or why he couldn't move right anymore. almost makes me want to cry thinking about it, but I think the more compassionate thing is to help them pass on pain free than drag it out for years in pain. I guess if the surgery goes perfect then it would be ok, but I don't even know of humans who it worked perfect in.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Cloning dogs is rediculous... I mean, I'm sure there can be an attachment, but get another dog and forge a new bond. Its not like a cloned dog will pick up where your old one left off...

And 7k to fix up a dog is INSANE, especially if money is tight! I love dogs too, but damn...

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
well hes doing great now..we just hope it stays that way for as long as possible

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cloning dogs is rediculous... I mean, I'm sure there can be an attachment, but get another dog and forge a new bond. Its not like a cloned dog will pick up where your old one left off...

And 7k to fix up a dog is INSANE, especially if money is tight! I love dogs too, but damn...
the 7k surgery is why money is tight :lol:

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hope everything is ok with you buddy! Keep us posted.

Here is one of my doggies. I love the hell out of her, and can relate to making sacrifices for your dogs.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man shes purty!

tyler4

tyler4

Awards
  • Established
Beautiful dog bro. I had a APBT at one time. They are (IMHO) the best dogs in the world when raised correctly.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F8p_CkU7Pg&feature=fvst"]YouTube - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme - Jazzy (FREE MP3!!!!!)[/ame]

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

yeah, the only thought on cloning is that it would be nice to get to relive his puppy time some time after i'm retired and the kids are gone, when I have even more time to spend with him. but even so cloning is kinda silly. plus I have access to if I wanted to some of his children or grandchildren, so if I really wanted I could get a family member :)

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
yeah, the only thought on cloning is that it would be nice to get to relive his puppy time some time after i'm retired and the kids are gone, when I have even more time to spend with him. but even so cloning is kinda silly. plus I have access to if I wanted to some of his children or grandchildren, so if I really wanted I could get a family member :)
That's the way to go...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
luckily, I've got him another good 5-10 years given how crazy ass long his breed lives (I've played with a 14 year old, and heard people talking about 18 year olds....)

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I said the same; however, I had to say good-bye to my sidekick 3 weeks ago. I'm still not over it, nor will I be for a long while. Damn, I miss him. F*cking spleen ruptured out of the blue. He had emergency surgery and was found to have cancer spread throughout his body. No test could have detected it, except for aspirating the bone-marrow, which isn't a test they do normally. After surgery, he was paralyzed because of a clot that hit his spinal cord. Man, it's hard just to type this. I’m not emotional about much, but he meant the world to me. I am lucky that he was able to train my new pup for 7 months. He reminds me of him. He was the best damn search and rescue dog, and my shadow for almost 11 years. I did all I could.
luckily, I've got him another good 5-10 years given how crazy ass long his breed lives (I've played with a 14 year old, and heard people talking about 18 year olds....)

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Here's my best friend, circa a year ago. He's pretty freakin' big now.

Attachments

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
haha cute pics...having my ultra sound Friday in the AM...it was the soonest I could get an appointment. My appointment just happened to land on my birthday.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just wanted to point out that I am soooo fatigued and lethargic from my antibiotics/Prime. I made some nice gains in the gym today. I didnt do my full workout simply because of time. So I chose my bicep, forearm and quad exercise. I also didnt do any stretches. I went up 5lbs on incline db curls. I got 50's last for 21 reps..today I got 55's for 19 reps! Was very pleased with that. I also got a PR on leg press. I did 12 plates for 7 reps! :head: :head: I also forgot my headphones and was completely unmotivated today. Still kicked ass and it makes me very happy. Im already seeing some more definition and size come into play. Arms look bigger/defined. Forearms are pumped. Chest is pumped. Legs look big. Abs/obliques are more apparent. Im hoping I can stick with this and make the most out of this Prime run. I doubt I will be getting anymore supplements for a couple months due to having to pay my parents back for this horrendous medical bill.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Looking strong on those DB curls. When you do these, do you alternate, or go both at the same time?

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
alternate..I like focusing on one bi at a time..plus its great for grip strength having to hold the other db while you curl the other.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was wondering Imprez, you mentioned a while back that you do a few variations of drag curls. Which did you find worked the best for you? I have only done it one way, up and down drag.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I was wondering Imprez, you mentioned a while back that you do a few variations of drag curls. Which did you find worked the best for you? I have only done it one way, up and down drag.
I do the way Dante describes. Do the positive like a regular curl, and slowly drag down along your upper body on the neg

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Take some time to let your body heal correctly, Met. And remember that when taking an anti-biotic, there's always risk of rupturing a tendon/ligament, so don't over do it, my friend.
Here's some information; however, do not think that because the one you are taking isn't clearly listed that it is not covered. They all have an impact.
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/certain-antibiotics-linked-to-tendon-ruptures.html
I had no idea. Thanks for the heads up. I'll give that a read. Im also on antibiotics for only a week (for now). Im thinking I may need to just take the rest of this week off.
I do the way Dante describes. Do the positive like a regular curl, and slowly drag down along your upper body on the neg
That is how I am wanting to do it. I'll try this next phase.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
oh that sounds nice
Ya, it is damn good.. As soon as you get to the top, you kinda drop your elbows back, a start dragging.

Also these
Standing or seated dumbell curls (just a simple tweak that might make many of you see much better gains/results). Most people start in a hammer curl position by the hip and as the dumbell passes the hip they supinate the dumbell so its palms up the rest of the way and the eccentric is done in the exact reverse. Simple enough. Now think to yourself....you reading this right now, where do you grab the dumbell handle yourself? You grab it in one of the easiest places there is to supinate it dont you?....the middle of the handle.

Make the supination as hard as it possibly can be as thats the second function of the biceps anyway, its just not curling upward. How do you do that? By putting the end plate of the dumbell the farthest away from your supination point. From now on with any dumbell curls you do whether strict or cheat dumbell curls, put your thumb and forefinger right against the inside plate as you would with a hammer curl, pressed right up against it. Youll see on the very first rep of how difficult the supination got compared to normal and dont forget ole dante told you this simple tweak 3-6 months down the road when you see bigtime differences in your biceps size ok? Swallow the ego a little bit because you might have to lighten up slightly initially (especially you highly advanced guys who might be using standing dumbell curls for a 20 rep widowmaker exercise<---175lb jamokes this doesnt concern you)

You guys who are curling 70 pound plus dumbells--I would not grab your regular weight and do this---feel your way thru it with 30's, 50's etc and gauge it----its very difficult--I would also suggest wristwraps or wrist straps as neccessary for the individual.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
175lb jamokes this doesnt concern you)

hahahahahahaha

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is exactly how I do my curls. I figured this out a while back and havent turned back.
After reading what a DC Curl is, I've realized I've been doing this all along. For some reason I've always felt like that was a better way of doing it, and now I know it is. :)

On the other hand, my arms still suck.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any of you guys here about this MyoT12 (myostatin inhibitor)? Supposed to lower mystatin by 48%.