Metroba tries out teh MMV3s

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yes I would except with the 1rm you have more warm up sets...

On the DC video they do basically the same thing, warm up sets stay under 5 reps for sure. Once you get the blood in there the only purpose is to get the nervous system ready.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yes I would except with the 1rm you have more warm up sets...

On the DC video they do basically the same thing, warm up sets stay under 5 reps for sure. Once you get the blood in there the only purpose is to get the nervous system ready.
IIRC Wojo goes more towards 7 reps. I do 6.

Dante, and super D have said it MANY times. It is a very individual thing.

Interesting discussion none the less.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just watched it..

Incline smith

Wojo
135 x 8
225 x7
315 x 3

Franco does
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 3

Funny that they further prove my point, because not even they are doing the same amount, on the same video..lol

Mine almost mirrors wojos(6-7 reps, then followed by a 1-2 rep set to acclimate), as that is how i feel best.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In addition, JR, would you warm up the same to do a 12 rep set, as you would for a 1rm? Would a guy with a 500lb bench warm up the same as a guy with a 135lb bench?
Any set taken to failure needs the same muscle/cns warm up. Granted, the 500lb guy would incorporate quite a few more jumps in order to get to his but, the 135lb guy is still pushing his system to it's limit.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Excellent review Met! I agree with you on the strength and leaning aspects of MMV3. As long as people don't go into a cycle of MMV3 expecting to gain 10lbs they should be real happy with it. Glad to see that along with your new DC training is getting you the gains you desire!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks man....I still get excited about DC everyday. No joke, I dream about my DC workouts...cue Timber calling me weird :lol:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay so I have rewritten out my #s for my next session. You guys check it out and see if it looks good.

1. Med. inc. db press - 40x8, 45x6, 50x3, 70rp
2. stretch
3. Seated smith press - 75x6, 85x3, 120rp
4. stretch
5. CG smith bench - 95x6, 115x3, 155rp
6. stretch
7. Parallel pulldowns - 130x8, 145x6, 170x3, 200rp
8. Tbar rows - 1x8, 2x8, 3x (beat # from last time), 2plates dropoff
9. stretch

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Only change I would make is the Smith military weights....the shoulders should be fairly warmed up fro the chest w/o. I would just do 85x6, 105x3 and then the RP set. Looks good Met.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Okay so I have rewritten out my #s for my next session. You guys check it out and see if it looks good.

1. Med. inc. db press - 40x8, 45x6, 50x3, 70rp
2. stretch
3. Seated smith press - 75x6, 85x3, 120rp
4. stretch
5. CG smith bench - 95x6, 115x3, 155rp
6. stretch
7. Parallel pulldowns - 130x8, 145x6, 170x3, 200rp
8. Tbar rows - 1x8, 2x8, 3x (beat # from last time), 2plates dropoff
9. stretch
Thats some serious rp weight on the pulldown. Great job met!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great review and log, bro. Thanks for doing the log for everyone.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Only change I would make is the Smith military weights....the shoulders should be fairly warmed up fro the chest w/o. I would just do 85x6, 105x3 and then the RP set. Looks good Met.
Good point. I'll do that. Thanks for the help man!
Thats some serious rp weight on the pulldown. Great job met!
Thanks mang! Im amped about it myself! Its actually a PR..:D
Great review and log, bro. Thanks for doing the log for everyone.
No problem man! Was happy too and Im always up for helping out the AM community!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doods this Pepto Pro is making me hella hungry!! Im going hypo an hour after eating! My plan was to just take this on my workout days. But I cant help myself. Ive been dosing 5g on my off days. Im taking it 30 mins before my first meal of the day. I am also really seeing signs of nutrient repartitioning. Im getting a food pump after that first meal and I dump it within an hour after consuming it.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Doods this Pepto Pro is making me hella hungry!! Im going hypo an hour after eating! My plan was to just take this on my workout days. But I cant help myself. Ive been dosing 5g on my off days. Im taking it 30 mins before my first meal of the day. I am also really seeing signs of nutrient repartitioning. Im getting a food pump after that first meal and I dump it within an hour after consuming it.
I was actually reading something the other day about this..

I always took 5g with my fasted cardio in Bcaa's, and enjoyed it. I feel pepto helped me allong in the recover dept. I was run down as hell from dieting when I first added it, and in fairly short order was feeling great in the gym and on fasted cardio sessions..

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pepto so far rulz. Lookin foward to seeing how tomorrow's sess goes! Should kick ass!

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Pepto so far rulz. Lookin foward to seeing how tomorrow's sess goes! Should kick ass!
Not sure if you read this, but it mentions towards the bottom what ur noticing.
http://66.147.240.153/~trueprot/showthread.php?t=2809&highlight=peptopro+hydrolyzed+casein

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice post..explains it perfectly

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Go ahead...I dare you! :smite:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i'll have to wait till i'm ordering protein again, just to not spend the extra $10 on shipping..

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
smart man

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
or I can find a nearby friend who is also ordering. or has some I can drive to to steal ;)

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:nono: no supplements for you!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did everyone have trouble getting onto AM for the last 2 days? I could not get on at all.

Anyway, had a pretty good workout yesterday. It seems like strength is up but endurance is not keeping up. I blame this on coming off of T-911. I have been taking my BA with about 20 carbs intra w/o and I have not felt any tingles at all. So Im thinking of mega dosing the BA. I need me some muscluar endurance and ASAP!

Pre w/o-
8 caps Hemo
2 scoops Slingshot
200mg Caffeine

Intra w/o-
3g BA; gonna start taking about 5g or so pre w/o. I think it would work better this way.
1 scoop Vassive
5g Pepto

The w/o-
1. warmed up scap
2. Med. inc. db press - 40x8, 45x6, 50x3, 70x9-3-0 (went up 1 rep on the first set but couldnt even get the db's up for the 3rd set. I'm debating about cruising now or just switching up this exercises...or just waiting it out some more and seeing if I can get some endurance back...suggestions guys?
3. Stretch w/ 45's for 90 seconds; this felt heavier and more painful to me than last time. Seems T-911 was doing more than I thought :lol:..funny today I have the worst chest DOMS despite going down on my chest presses :dunno:
4. Seated smith press - 85x6, 105x3, 120x6-4-3=13; I upped the weight 5lbs on this and will use this weight again until I get to or beat 15 reps.
5. stretch for 60 seconds
6. Ass off bench cg bench - 95x6, 115x3, 155x7-4-2=13; last time I got 6-4-3. So I got the same total reps but went up on first set. 2 more reps and Ill move up weight.
7. stretch w/40 for 60 seconds. This felt lighter to me than last time.
8. Parallel pulldowns - 130x8, 145x6, 170x3, 200x6-3-3; couple more reps and Ill move up weight. This was a 10lb increase too :D
9. Tbar rows - 1x8, 2x8, 3+5lbx8, 2x12; last time I got 3 plates for 7 reps. This time I threw a 5lb on and banged out 8 :head:
10. Lat stretch - finally got to use my weighted belt! Im the only person Ive ever seen at my gym use this...lameeee....so I was getting A LOT of look from people. Last time I did 40lbs for this but in my feet...this time I did 50 w/ the chain and it was hella light! I will try 60lb next time. Held the stretch for 60 seconds.

So Im kinda torn here. Im making progress awesome progress on everything but I just cant get past this sticking point for my db presses. I dont know what to do about. Drop the weight? Switch the exercise? Just stick with it? Cruise? I just dont know :dunno: Suggestions guys?

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Keep at it. Everyone has an off day/exercise. Eat more to make up for that lost endurance. I doubt it was the T911, it was probably just in your head since you are off the T911.

Oh yea, no more saying hella. :lol:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Keep at it. Everyone has an off day/exercise. Eat more to make up for that lost endurance. I doubt it was the T911, it was probably just in your head since you are off the T911.

Oh yea, no more saying hella. :lol:
hella hella hella HELLLLAA lol Ive been catching up on my South Park lately

Yeah Ill stick with it but it wasnt just an off day. The last 3 times with this exercise I havent moved up in reps :dunno: Im eating hella crazey! haha jp no more hella
Met clear your pm"s please!
Sorry bro..PMs cleared

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
okay today I felt awesome despite getting terrible sleep. Dosed 1.5 scoops Smash, 8 caps Hemo, 2g BA pre w/o. Intra - 5g Pepto pro, 1 scoop Vassive, 3g BA...LOTS OF BA!!! Post w/o - 5g Pepto pro, .5 scoop vassive

The w/o-

1. stretched for 15 mins prior to gym.
2. Drag curls - first let me say I got 20 rep total with 100 last time; 55x8, 65x6, 85x3, 105x8-6-7=21!!! This instantly amped me for the rest of my workout!
3. Pinwheels - went up 5lbs working; 30x8, 50x20!! Last time I did 45x16...toughed it out and beat the **** outa those 50s! Bumpin up weight again next time!
4. stretch for 60 seconds
5. Standing calves - 60x8, 100x6, 160x3, 230x12 (+4 reps)
6. stretch for 60 secs each calve
7. SLDL - 135x8, 185x6, 225x3, 295x8! :head:, 225x12; last time did 285x10, that back off set almost made me fall over!
8. BB hacks - up 10lbs! 95x8, 135x6, 170x3, 215x8! So close to hacking with two 45's on each side! GF told me my legs are getting too big :lol:, still widowed 145 :D
9. Ham stretch for 115x60 secs
10. DC quad stretch for 40 secs then switched over to quad stretch where you lying on your calves and lean back...I feel this sooooo much more.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
okay today I felt awesome despite getting terrible sleep. Dosed 1.5 scoops Smash, 8 caps Hemo, 2g BA pre w/o. Intra - 5g Pepto pro, 1 scoop Vassive, 3g BA...LOTS OF BA!!! Post w/o - 5g Pepto pro, .5 scoop vassive

The w/o-

1. stretched for 15 mins prior to gym.
2. Drag curls - first let me say I got 20 rep total with 100 last time; 55x8, 65x6, 85x3, 105x8-6-7=21!!! This instantly amped me for the rest of my workout!
3. Pinwheels - went up 5lbs working; 30x8, 50x20!! Last time I did 45x16...toughed it out and beat the **** outa those 50s! Bumpin up weight again next time!
4. stretch for 60 seconds
5. Standing calves - 60x8, 100x6, 160x3, 230x12 (+4 reps)
6. stretch for 60 secs each calve
7. SLDL - 135x8, 185x6, 225x3, 295x8! :head:, 225x12; last time did 285x10, that back off set almost made me fall over!
8. BB hacks - up 10lbs! 95x8, 135x6, 170x3, 215x8! So close to hacking with two 45's on each side! GF told me my legs are getting too big :lol:, still widowed 145 :D
9. Ham stretch for 115x60 secs
10. DC quad stretch for 40 secs then switched over to quad stretch where you lying on your calves and lean back...I feel this sooooo much more.
Keep it up bro...you continue to amaze

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DC is blowing things up for you Met! The arms are liking this sheet!! The Drag curls will have to come back into my rotation soon. Do you use straps for the Hack squats? I want to try these but my grip would be the limiting factor.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
DC is blowing things up for you Met! The arms are liking this sheet!! The Drag curls will have to come back into my rotation soon. Do you use straps for the Hack squats? I want to try these but my grip would be the limiting factor.
My new straps come today!! Can't wait to use them tomorrow:bling:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Keep it up bro...you continue to amaze
Thanks bro! Def diggin it! Whats goin on with you bro? Whats next for you supps? Logs?
Thanks man! I absolutely use straps for anything that would cause me to be limited by my grip. My forearms are getting a lot of work from working them directly and other stuff. So I feel I am not limiting my progress using straps. Drag curls are nutz! They are a tough exercise and take a lot of power. They have added a lot of size to my bis. BA makes them a breeze tho :D. So I only see things getting better!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My new straps come today!! Can't wait to use them tomorrow:bling:
Did you get the same straps as me Imprez? Let me know what you think.

Thanks man! I absolutely use straps for anything that would cause me to be limited by my grip. My forearms are getting a lot of work from working them directly and other stuff. So I feel I am not limiting my progress using straps. Drag curls are nutz! They are a tough exercise and take a lot of power. They have added a lot of size to my bis. BA makes them a breeze tho :D. So I only see things getting better![/QUOTE]

The only exersise that I use straps for is Deads. I have them on for the heavy set but only use them after the grip fails in the set and I know I can get more reps. Then I wrap up and keep repping. I need to start using BA again. I have been off it for awhile now.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I didn't, because i had ordered right before i got your pm. I got the motivator, with anti wear strip, and padding. Should do me well.. They are like one step down from yours i think.

I use straps for almost everything as well. DB curls, pull downs, pull ups/rack chins, etc. Every since i broke my middle finger off, my grip has never been the same.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Totally forgot to mention I started up 1-c yesterday. I took 1.6g pre cardio :hump:. Stuff works fast!!! I've taken 1.6g so far today pre :hump: and I will be aiming for 5g/day. I have always had awesome results with it and should be seeing some nice results. Fat loss and strength gains! You cant loose! Im gonna try and get my hands on some Prime for my bday from my parents. I am anxious to get the new 800mg caps. And I want to get 2 bottles and run 2 month with it. I respond very well to and think I could gain a lot of size with it + DC!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just finished a bottle of Prime....let's just say that I am sold on it and looking to do a long run of it as soon as the funds present themselves. The 6/9 protocol was a good one!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sh1ts soooo expensive!!! Worth it tho :D

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I just finished a bottle of Prime....let's just say that I am sold on it and looking to do a long run of it as soon as the funds present themselves. The 6/9 protocol was a good one!
Sh1ts soooo expensive!!! Worth it tho :D
+1, I increased my flat press 20 lbs AFTER working sets. I am pleased, but dang it gets expensive!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
20lbs is nasty!

No more PHs for me :D...Ill be doing some Test in about a year or so. :head: I wanna see how much bigger I will get natural and hopefully Ill be 190 to start it. That is my goal. Be 190 and then start it.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
at a week into my hardcore cut keto cruise i'm down 6lbs to 198 and looking pretty good. if I get down to 190, i'll be pretty freakin lean

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
20lbs is nasty!

No more PHs for me :D...Ill be doing some Test in about a year or so. :head: I wanna see how much bigger I will get natural and hopefully Ill be 190 to start it. That is my goal. Be 190 and then start it.
Word son. I wanna run test...gotta convince the wife.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Convincing my gf is what I am doing right now haha. She seems to be getting into the idea. We will see tho

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
truthfully running a test only cycle with human grade test is safer than most supplements

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
yeah I picked them up to flip them possibly, not really to use them...